Hmmmmmmmmm

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a3_owZfYVR8
youtu.be/LDU_Txk06tM
youtube.com/watch?v=QXiwXVrjYHc
youtube.com/watch?v=ADAdMiZK0Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=CgbcQIT7BMc
youtube.com/watch?v=SpIoPQHYhrw
darkcrystal.fandom.com/wiki/SkekUng
youtube.com/watch?v=4MjxmT51m3Y
darkcrystal.com/encyclopedia_skeksis.php
youtube.com/watch?v=dP6TUB7KQc4
youtube.com/watch?v=VXwzZoxgzjI
youtube.com/watch?v=tgj2cHGwks8
muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Monica_DeVertebrae
youtube.com/watch?v=APXLid0D584
youtube.com/watch?v=p1ClUGpzwwE
youtu.be/lzBHA7QxJEs
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just want them to take another crack at a Muppets style show with their Henson Alternative characters.

RODAN GET THE FUCK BACK IN THAT VOLCANO!

I HATE YOUR WHIMPER

>The Chamberlain didn't get his just desserts

CGi Crystal.

>it’s another ‘OP makes a Puppet thread but leaves it to rot on its own, and since Yea Forums inexplicably doesn’t give two shits about the oldest and greatest form of art. The thread will die due to inactivity in a swift two hours or so'

For the love of God, just post Patsy May already. That's all you faggots want anyway is to jerk off to felt and foam.

Well what if I want to create my own waifu Skeksis to fap over. You ever think about that, faggot?

He got stuck back inside his complete Ur'skek form. For the Skekses that's punishment enough.

Ever since I was a little girl, Ive wanted to do many different things with the Chamberlain.

HHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Whatchu talkin about? Last Dark Crystal thread got a good amount of activity and we still have the show releasing soon. I for one am happy to keep it /comfy/ with fellow Crystal Boomers.

Hey Yea Forums how come you never talk about The Muppets?

>sequel film stuck in dev hell for years before disappearing
>finally arrives as a comic series
Was it any good? After what Japan did to Labyrinth with its sequel comic I've been leery of comic sequels.

Attached: 8130SBppyYL.jpg (1400x2172, 308K)

What could possibly happen in a dark Crystal sequel?

Disney left the IP to die so no new content.
Dark Crystal got/is getting new content so we've been discussing that.

I mean, becoming a Divine entity of hardly punishment. At least the doctor got burned to death

Would you kiss a stranger's hand?

Final trailer
youtu.be/a3_owZfYVR8

Attached: chamberlain.jpg (1439x1380, 643K)

No, but I'd challenge then to the test of stone

The sequel is set years after the movie, with Jed and Kira now old and ruling Thra as kindly king and queen. One day a fire girl from the core of the planet appears and begs them to let her have a piece of the Crystal to reignite their dying source of light and life, but Jed and Kira refuse because of what happens when the Crystal isn't whole. Desperate, the girl damages the Crystal and makes off with a shard, causing the Ur'skek to split into the Mystics and Skekses, and Jed and Kira have to chase after the girl through the planet and recover the shard before skekUng's recreated Garthim can hunt them down.

TRIAL BY STONED

Tell me more tell me more!

Attached: 1557123558416.gif (500x240, 998K)

THE GELFLINGS ARE GONE!!!
youtu.be/LDU_Txk06tM

Attached: Garthim.jpg (368x393, 39K)

That's......... Underwhelming

Next to Maximilian from "The Black Hole" these fuckers terrified my young self so much in the 80s.

I'm sure there's more to it than that, I only described the initial story as seen in the original promos.

Attached: crystal_news-550x744.jpg (550x744, 123K)

snibeti snab :DDD

Attached: Garthim (1).jpg (360x251, 22K)

>10 days before disappointment

Attached: 65897813_629699847438828_8123184876546334356_n.jpg (640x800, 79K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QXiwXVrjYHc

God I miss this show.

I want to see Hanson Productions's take on another Land of the Lost reboot.

You can't be disappointed if you have no expectations

Attached: the-archer---olafur-darri-olafsson-1561509390669_grande.jpg (355x532, 37K)

> two stockings come on screen
say it
> two hose
YAAAAY

Attached: DinosaursWereGoingToNeedAnotherTimmy.jpg (460x4695, 302K)

Man the only I can remember from that show was the sexually harassment ep ending where the one dino fucking CHOMPS on that asshole.

Ten years since le funny, cursing moppets.

Damn, skekUng was ugly when he was younger.

Attached: The_General.jpg (683x1023, 121K)

I refuse to take this slander of our beloved Haakskeekah world champion

Sad part is that I really, really like Dark Crystal but with Netflix I haven't had so many trannies pushed on me since I walked down Sunset strip.

Attached: stallone-gotg2-780x438_rev1.jpg (780x438, 32K)

FUCK DRUMPF

Attached: that was some good-ass weed yo.jpg (1802x2700, 1.97M)

Has adult puppetry ever been successful?

What do trannies and Trump have anything to do with The Dark Crystal? Can you cocksuckers stop farting about them every chance you get?

Fran was motherly in the most boner killing ways.

Attached: ykRXdrM.png (450x338, 256K)

He did in the relatively recent comic.

Skekis are Trump metaphors. They've always been Trump metaphors. Jim Henson said that was the primary inspiration.

I really hope he turns out to be as unrelentingly evil as he's been built up as.

Explain.

Of course, poopsie, care to join us in reality for a while?

Idiot, you think Trump is a recent threat?

>Don't you bring that pair of hose into these house!

What channel was this show on?

Attached: 1424319509846.gif (250x188, 246K)

According to the Dark Crystal wiki and backstory, he started out as benevolent and kind, but after 800 years he turned into a tyrannical asshole

Nothing really, its just that a lot of Netflix originals for kids have had a lot of homosexuality or transvestites in them last few years. At this point it seems extremely likely its going to be in this sequel.

I like my surreal fantasy stories without frankly surface level concerns as what you like to stick your dick in and if your dick is an innie or an outie.

The drumpf thing is just an ironic meme when there is a masculine tyrannical figure that may be a vague reference to president trump, a meme that was born out of most comedy media throwing mean-spirited jokes to the point that it seems more of a mental illness.

Attached: jim-hensons-creature-shop-challenge.jpg (800x500, 111K)

abc

You can read it where you can *read comics online*. It's not that long. You want a quick review? It had some interesting elements, a degree of world building, and some genuinely nice touches here and there like Jen using the scepter of the Garthim and slowly realizing just how much like the Skeksis he and his soldiers were behaving. It also had nifty flying ninja tactical waifu gelflings but they possibly all died thanks to Chamberlain. Ultimately however it just rehashed too much of the original story and the ultimate reveal pretty pathetic the Gelflings were basically worshiping the Crystal and bilking treasure from everyone else to come bask in its like, but the buildup of swag was blocking the lava vents from the first movie that, somehow, fed the Crystal by the heat of Thra's core while keeping the core from the light of the Crystal, thus slowly killing both worlds. So basically fuck greedy wasteful first world Gelfling nations. Also don't be a hoarder, I guess/spoiler].

ABC then reran on Disney.

youtube.com/watch?v=ADAdMiZK0Vw

youtube.com/watch?v=CgbcQIT7BMc

If you read the prequel comics you'd see he was always a cunt, it's just that after 800 years of patiently building power he could finally throw off the PC bullshit and let his freak flag fly.

But wouldn't the lava melt the treasure eventually?

Attached: you gotta be shitting me.png (500x360, 363K)

The Crystal is broken, again, somehow farting out Skeksis and Mystics because despite supposedly going home they've apparently been farting around in the Crystal for 200 very odd years. The Skeksis immediately blame Chamberlain for being a dick and kick him out, again, so he follows around the hero Gelfling in order to steal the Crystal shard because that worked out so well for him in the first movie. After a series of increasing shenanigans that involves traveling into Thra's core, accessible by the lava pits seen in the first movie, the Crystal is completely shattered. However crazy prophecy shit happens and the shards are shotgunned out of the volcanic pit, ventilating Chamberlain's sweet sweet ass, and killing both him and his Mystic counterpart and The Chanter, who it turns out was the only really decent Mystic of the lot who legitimately tried to help the others. The shards then converge and create a reborn Crystal. The Ur-Skeks are reborn and this time Jen and Kira decide to fuck off into the Crystal with them because their time is past and the new generation should make their own stupid mistakes. The End.

They apparently put really good vent covers over the pits and when the Crystal's light couldn't reach the Core the planet's interior started cooling off. So...I mean yeah, probably it should have melted, but it didn't due to reasons.

No need to eat a shotgun, here's some sweet Gelfling waifus. With tentacle action!

Attached: RCO020.jpg (1041x1600, 476K)

Anyone watch JH Creature Shop Challenge? The had an episode where they each made a skeksis. I think the people on that show were working on Resistance..

Attached: source (1).gif (245x202, 739K)

yes.

Attached: TerminatorPracticalEffects.gif (245x151, 1.61M)

While disappointing it arguably is less overall stupid than what they did with Labyrinth where it turns out Jareth's goddamn mother has been in the Labyrinth for over a hundred years because time and space mean nothing there and Jareth only wanted to introduce Sarah to her because he needs mommy's approval before he can get laid.

Stan Winston was a goddamn miracle worker. We may never see his equal again in our lifetimes and that makes me very sad.

Wasn't the tie-in game supposed to come out the day of the show? I checked it today and now everywhere is saying TBD.

Okay, the art style is great, at least.

>it took seven people to operate one of these guys back in the 80s
>any scene with more than one of them in it was like Grand Central Station as the herd of puppeteers moved around the set

>has been in the Labyrinth for over a hundred years

Good god, just cover your nose and run over the fart rocks!

>Aliens
>Terminator and Terminator 2
>Jurassic Park
>Congo

We lost a legend when he passed away. Here's to hoping that animatronics remain a special effect technique forever.

Bulbasaur?

>sweet Gelfling waifus
Deet is cute. CUTE!

Attached: Deet.jpg (2000x2997, 913K)

Wonder if modern technology has lowered that count to 3 people and a midget per skeksis.

Say my name.

Attached: Earl Sneed Sinclair.gif (717x595, 270K)

Much as I love the Gelflings, they have always screamed uncanny valley, and a very potent kind at that, a level usually only reached by China dolls.

Attached: staring.png (712x931, 526K)

Jesus, that’s lame. It’s so unimaginative given the original. You would think the ur-keks or the mystics would off themselves if they had any sense of decency knowing some clutz fucking up the crystal releases genocidal bird people. Better yet, have the gelflings have something similar happen, where their light and dark natures split.

It has the most forbidden acts two people can engage in displayed right on the page! The Comics Code Authority would never have allowed such depravity.

Attached: RCO024.jpg (1041x1600, 312K)

Attached: oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.png (1920x1080, 285K)

MOOOOOOOOODDDDDSSSS

What are your hopes that we will see Gelfling and Skeksis nudity in these prequels like we did in the movie?

Yeah, Gelflings have always been the worst part for me.

Sad part is that this is an improvement. The first prototypes in the 80s looked like porcelan dolls, the movie versions were painted foam. These ones are latex, I think.
It still suffers because of instead of exaggerated features they go for smooth realistic ones. The biggest issue, I think, is that these little features do not allow for the servos and grooves to move around naturally.

I still want to put Deet in my pocket. She is like Chiana had a transporter accident with Midna... or spike.

Attached: xei9ajinonz21.jpg (1500x1001, 273K)

It's Dark Crystal. Everybody gets a cutesy pet monster to travel with them on their adventure. I'll be disappointed if there isn't at least one in the new series.

Attached: IMG_1158.gif (230x200, 1.53M)

That's it exactly. Their faces are so static when they talk and their lips can't even attempt to enunciate words.

>It's Dark Crystal. Everybody is a cutesy pet monster

>Everybody is a cutesy pet monster
I wish! Sadly only the Podlings kept by the Skeksis were pets and they weren't so cutesy anymore.

Attached: 7f802e8cc71329333f3d3892dc55b35a.jpg (500x529, 47K)

Attached: tumblr_f360e3a4cfeb003877d0a35fa949a5fa_1fc926a1_1280.jpg (1280x971, 218K)

If there is one thing that could be forgiven is if they used all that cgi to tweak the facial expressions so they have actual facial expression. Its worse when you consider everything else in the movie, especially the skeksis, had functional faces.

Or at least pull a Sid the Science kid and overlap the render. Blorq and Son also handled this issue by changing their moods by having a eyes that looked down or up to convey disdain or apprehension, the character's primary emotions.

Attached: Blark_and_Son_110.png (1082x610, 164K)

If this is Kira's body in the background, female gelflings have some weird proportions

Attached: tumblr_p7ynx2xddl1v230yto1_1280.jpg (1280x901, 387K)

Both sexes have lanky proportions and long limbs. Like Jar-Jar Binks fucked a marionette.

Curiously the Dousan Clan make an appearance in the Power of the Dark Crystal comics, a member of that clan becoming one of the first Firelings. Even more curiously they ran and hid in Thra's inner core not because of Skeksis but because other Gelflings caught him committing the heresy of holding the hand of some unclean chick.

Attached: RCO005.jpg (1041x1600, 455K)

So related to this more dog-faced than usual bastard. No wonder they set themselves on fire.

Attached: Rek'yr.jpg (4805x7200, 3.23M)

It's bizarre how hard it is to find pics of the naked puppets

you'd think they'd have more BTS "how this was made" archived stuff

Attached: tumblr_p9conc3pWu1v230yto1_500.jpg (487x505, 57K)

>maybe if I immolate myself I'll become more attractive
>nope, still ugly as sin

OP here. Real talk I was semi shitposting making this thread, but I've seen some awesome stuff/pictures and I'm glad you guys came

pic related

Attached: Waifu Bait Supergirl.webm (1280x720, 1.4M)

Hey now, got to be the villain in the Doctor Strange movie! Boy's done well for himself despite his physical handicap.

It's fucking Starscream.

same energy

Attached: daa.png (352x352, 128K)

I think it's the eyes and green skin tone that help to throw off the uncanny valley effect. Like the Gelflings always had this weird "Horse-Elf" look to them that just looks awkward in three-dimensions. A lot of comics and even the illustrations for the recent tie-in novels manage to avoid the problem just because 2D isn't restricted by puppet limitations and art styles can smooth over design shortcomings.

Like I'm not sure what the timeline relationship between the recent novels and the show is, but it has enough narrative overlap that it can't be that long, but these are supposed to be the same character.

Attached: Naia2Dvs3D.jpg (1108x838, 158K)

>but they possibly all died thanks to Chamberlain
The ones who went with Jen, yeah, but more show up later with Kira. Enough for everybody!

Attached: RCO012.jpg (1041x1600, 373K)

That's exactly it. 2D and 3D of the same character will always look different no matter how hard you try to make them look the same.

>I'm not sure what the timeline relationship between the recent novels and the show is

Depends on how long a trine is.

Girls with butterfly/fairy wings will ALWAYS be one of my weaknesses.

Attached: dco3s0s-70b475d1-13b0-48e0-93af-29a038602f8b.png (1265x897, 1.13M)

No problem user
Also Kara a best

Being fair it isn't quite as bad as that seems. Jen and Kira were wise rulers for a very long time because their lives were unnaturally extended by the Crystal, however they were still aging and needed to go into a kind of stasis. These periods were becoming both longer and more frequent. Unfortunately the dude running the show while they napped was kind of a mini-Jafar and twisted things for his own enrichment. When people journeyed to bask in the live giving light of the Crystal he made them pay exorbitant tithes and turned away everyone who was too poor. Some, like Kensho, became indentured servants because they couldn't pay.

In their time they restored Thra and the Gelflings (we never learn where the other Gelflings came from so Jen and Kira incestuous orgies bathed in the light of the Crystal aren't entirely impossible) as well as the Podlings and others. They just got old and grew absent. There's some interesting tidbits like it turns out Kira wasn't just resurrected by the Crystal but apparently she's animated by its light so when it's damaged she starts to slowly die.

They do use the tools left by the Skeksis but more out of necessity and when desperate, and it never ends well for them. The Crystal Bats lie by omission and the Garthim hard to control and ultimately fall back under Skeksis domination. Really the comic isn't so much bad as it is disappointing. It never really does much with the opportunity to tell a new story and expand the world of Thra. It's worst sin is that it rehashes so much of the original Dark Crystal right down to Kensho dying and being resurrected by the Crystal so he can rule with his flaming hot girlfriend.

So it had some good ideas but relied too much on rehashing the film. A sad familiar story.

Finally someone else who gets it

It's ironic since Henson didn't really have a story for the original, he just had these visuals in his head he wanted to capture. Even then it was the art of Brian Froud that brought it to life.

Given they used the script treatments for the Power comics I'm glad it wound up as a miniseries rather than a film. Less disappointing that way.

And so it's not surprising that Genndy Tartakovsky bailed out of the movie project if this was the storyline he had to work with.

If netflix show doesn't have it, I'm dropping it

I hope the new Dark Crystal series is good.

>She taught me more than you could ever know.

That honestly is a worse response than, "But my man, her pussy game is off the hook."

Yeah, it seems like its doesn't do much but xome back to how things were at the end of the first movie.

tiny electric servos are a fraction of the size and probably much stronger and faster than 40 years ago, so I imagine it's much easier to do it.

I HATE YOUR WHIMPERING

mmmmm-mmmm

Actually I don't think the Champerlain or the Chanter died there, they're already glowing from the reforming starting to happen and it's really unclear how many urskeks are there at the end, if the chamberlain was meant to have died I think it would have been more explicit either way.

youtube.com/watch?v=SpIoPQHYhrw

Under rated post.

It's a shame that the story itself was so "meh"; I really liked the new characters and the artwork was well done.

I also want to point out that every single Skeksis portrait on this page works as a reaction image.

Attached: RCO015.jpg (1041x1600, 457K)

Use the thumb down button and your recommended list gets better. Why do you have so many trannies in your recommended list anyway?

>Did I leave the stove on?
>tfw you realize you DID

>but they possibly all died thanks to Chamberlain
Based Chamberlain.

I hate that I started this movie and still haven't got halfway through it.

>waifu Skeksis

They are literally all intersex (as in, both sets of equipment). They are also literally all disgusting bird monsters.

They all look like bird roadkills underneath their clothes.

Isn't he another character entirely?

What does it taste like?

Attached: Essence.jpg (1000x1000, 177K)

Not according to the wiki.

Raspberry and torment.

Did they really give that puppet a penis?

yeah it's crazy

you'd think that would be more widely known trivia

Attached: tumblr_pohvv5sLRm1tg9ln0_1280.jpg (700x559, 74K)

It's the same response, user. Just stated differently.

>hipster mafia drowns Barbie

>I am now selling my gelfling girl ESSENCE to all you THIRSTY Skeksis!
Do we have any drawfags down to draw Deet saying this while shilling her Essence to horny Skeks?

Attached: 2478599.jpg (960x540, 250K)

user, no.

Would you?

I just thought it'd be funny, I swear.

So Ocean Spray basically.

Then why are his clothes different? None of the others' clothes seem to be different.

You tell me, I'm just going by what the official info is.

darkcrystal.fandom.com/wiki/SkekUng

Attached: SkekUng_Instagram.jpg (1080x1080, 499K)

I hope it's actually SkekVar. Would be nice to get another new character instead of just having the shouty angry bird appear again.

>Patsy May
Hmm. Have I been over-doing it with the Patsy posting? Sorry. I just love that little blue tease. I won't post her in this thread.

Attached: 1534046505267.png (303x271, 146K)

Thats really awkward realism.
Is this some inhouse joke or really does it matter in takes?
Kinda remembers me of some doll fans that find it weird if the dolls have no nipples or at least a modeled panty. Is there some phobia against having biological correct stuff missing? Or is it autism like "where is the nipple, where is the bulge?"

Never watched the movie. It's on Netflix right now, should I take a shot?

This shit gave me nightmares as a kid, but I loved it.
Thanks, Jim Henson.

I would say watch it to get a good idea of what Jim Henson initially wanted to do. But don't expect too much.
I would describe this film as unfinished potential. It needed a bit more organization. If anything watch it for the craft

Attached: 1524923736216.jpg (643x702, 46K)

note : need to make a music video of taylor swift's shake it off using footage from new dark crystal - their wasn't enough footage to make it from first dark crystal. and taylor swift looks like a fucking gelfling.

It's probably one of the most advanced movies entirely in puppets you'll ever see.
Is it good? It's decent at least.

Story is very basic kind of adventure, what makes it unique is the visuals. Watched it again 2 years ago and I had forgotten how Jen is so fucking useless. Kira basically has to do 95% of the grunt work for most of the film, only for Jen to take the credit for saving the world in the last minute by humping a glowing rock..

Attached: Kira.jpg (980x551, 80K)

>Dark Crystal thread started while I was asleep
FUCKING REEE

I find this extra funny because there's an episode of that show where Ducky goes mad with greed over a shiny geode or something like that

>They are also literally all disgusting bird monsters.

Attached: 1410935941615.jpg (400x403, 30K)

Really hyped for the Netflix series.

Sad story, Team America: World Police never managed to top Shark Tale in box office.

He had help with his BEGONE THOTLINGS, MMMMMMMM. Garthim represent, yo!

Attached: RCO003.jpg (1041x1600, 283K)

Have her demand that her essence be made into the purest and most precious of white bread products for her to buy and we have a deal!

>dat Jason Isaacs emperor voice
Excite

'sup?

Attached: Garthim.jpg (980x551, 89K)

Uh, nah.

Attached: f36.jpg (300x339, 74K)

And these were the Gelfling elite guard, too.

Attached: RCO004.jpg (1041x1600, 349K)

Puny, weak, and pathetic gelfling bones are no match for MY DEADLY GARTHIM

It helps being animated bits of shell. It's weird but the wiki says that the Garthim Master was pissed about losing so many during the Garthim Wars but they seem to be constructed things. Not sure if SkekTek creation or Dark Crystal power, or both.

In the same theme I wonder if the Crystal Bats weren't always assholes, too. Something natural, symbiotic with the Crystal even, but corrupted when it was cracked and bound to Skeksis will.

Ice Skek was the best of them

Let me guess, he has a hockey stick staff to summon his Crystal Pucks and instead of Essence he's learned to replenish himself on purest of maple syrup, eh?

Any craftsman would be pissed at having their creations damaged or destroyed. They likely took a lot of resources and energy to create as well.

He was my personal favorite, but the forest Skek was probably the best executed.

Attached: 1554930075523.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

It's not like the Skeksis do their own work when they have delicious podling slaves! Pity their Essence sucks ass.

>the poor fuckers that were on that one girl's team who was a shit
it was too bad too, because deserts are one of my favorite setting concepts

The TokyoPop manga is all about Gelflings only figuring out how to kill Garthim when a shepherd somehow managed to stab their broken flute in the cracks of their armor, which severed the magic holding them together.

The idea to make his skin super cracked and dry was great. Too bad the rest of it kinda fell apart because she was a tard with the servos among other things.

Garthim ARE weak to music so this makes 100% sense.

There's a fizzgig (yes, apparently that's their species name) called Baffi, at the very least, as well as that cute little lemur thing from the trailers.

Attached: Baffi.jpg (2000x2997, 944K)

>Deet, I'm already a demon.

Attached: Venom_Snake_TTP.png (900x900, 893K)

The official character into suggests SkekVar is still the General.

darkcrystal.com/encyclopedia_skeksis.php

I personally think the General in the pictures looks different to SkekUng, too - his beak looks different and his throat is more warty.

>How can Gelflingbois even compete

The old lorebook The World of the Dark Crystal, says Garthim are basically evil superpowered solid tulpa, and that they're so dangerous that the people who made the book only allowed it to contain one image of them, lest accidental summonings occur.

Wasn't that the one where the idiot on the team added a little cat creature whose piss the skeksis was supposed to drink to stay hydrated? With the ability to cock its leg on command and a design ripped off from Nausicaa?

And during the discussion Kirk Thatcher outright says his reaction to being shown something like that on a production would be "Are you punking me?"

IIRC she fucked up the hands, too. Didn't make them properly articulated, and when it came time to do the puppetry she just waved them around randomly.

>think about one too much and a Garthim could just appear
Imagine

Yeah
The design overall was just significantly less polished than the other two, I don't think the gimmick creature wasn't even implemented in the actual demonstration
Pretty much all of the servo shit didn't work properly, the hands or the eyes

I remember the bald guy made a fantastic face for it, and then she was supposed to do the servos, demonstrated total incompetence with even getting epoxy, the stickiest substance on Earth, to stick things together, and so baldy had to step in to try and unfuck her work leaving everything else to the other girl on the team (who did her best with the time she had). And in the end she fucked the servomechanisms so badly the eyes were just jammed shut.

I honestly have to wonder if she was deliberately chosen for her obvious ineptitude to add a little drama to the show.

New stuff here I think

Thunderbolt Fantasy

Already posted

I love Meet The Feebles, does that count?

Think Hansen Productions would make a great kaiju show?

>multimedia Dark Crystal
When you're drawing pictures of puppets, that's when you know you're fucked

hmmmm
it'd be interesting to see tried as an alternative to suitmation. but a difficult situation since even if it is great, it won't earn jack shit for revenue here in Murica which makes it pretty hard to see happening

>WHEN YOU ARE REPRODUCING FELT PUPPETS IN CGI
A much deeper, more real moment to realize you are fucked

What did he mean by this?

He's desperate for attention, ignore him.

I mean that medium is medium, and replicating one layer of media with another is just another clueless leap into the dreams of a dead man, a hopeless attempt to recover lost passion by replicating it in electronics meant to simulate tangible puppets. Just do it with puppets. JUST DO IT WITH PUPPETS.

Do you shit yourself like this when people make animated series of live-action films or video games of cartoons?

You mention electronics. Do you mean to think there was no computer editing with things like the matte paintings, or no mechanical parts in the puppets like Skeksis's facial features?

The whole digital puppetry stuff they've been playing around with at the Henson Studios goes back to Jim himself. Remember that crappy CGI character from MuppetVision at Disney World? That was Jim experimenting with the technology.

youtube.com/watch?v=dP6TUB7KQc4

Now they're using a more sophisticated version of that for some of the full-body running longshots that the original movie would have used midgets or kids in costumes for. Same tech is all over Happytime Murders.

Jim Henson was a puppeteer, his work was in puppets, the Jim Henson dream is involved in puppetry, The Dark Crystal was a Jim Henson dream, and I'm not shitting myself.
CGI then. Would Jim Henson have done this in CGI? We literally don't know, but let's try to sell his name anyway!

I always found the bird things from the dark crystal to be oddly sexy

This is a fantastic and liberating point, and completely relives my stress about this series far beyond the other two posts which acted like I didn't know what I was feeling.

It's pronounced Skekse, user.

do you think they hmmm mid-coitus

Louder
TRIAL BY BOOOOOOONE

Attached: [autistic screaming intensifies].png (1024x874, 1.37M)

Are you pretending to be some kind of autistic fanboy for attention? AoR is puppets with CGI only being used for things that simply wouldn't work as puppets. Power of the Dark Crystal would have been the same way if it had been made as a movie or series. And making suppemental material in other media isn't an attack on the original creator. Christ.

Oh. I see.

Like here's a effects breakdown of Happytime Murders showing the greenscreen, mo-cap and digital extras stuff they did on it. It takes three guys in green-screen suits to make a Muppet stomp on a guys nuts.

youtube.com/watch?v=VXwzZoxgzjI

I desperately wish this movie was better than it was. This is insanely impressive work and I've seen enough Creature Shop challenge to know Brian is BEYOND talented and knowledgeable in puppetry. Damn shame that didn't translate into a better movie. Really hoping AoR is a return to form for the JHC.

Yeah it needed to go harder to hit the cult classic group like a modern Meet The Feebles or something. At least then it would have gotten good word-of-mouth review in crowds instead of forgotten like a puppet sausage party.

There used to be a good story somewhere in The Happy time Murders, but STX valued audience reactions more than a well rounded tale. So Brian and his team doubled downed on the funny bits. Remember, they scrapped a whole fucking musical scene.

She can be hit or miss, mostly positive in my book. But there's a distinct group of persons that automatically latch onto the presence of Melissa McCarthy and will fiercely hate it. She's just not exactly a box office building star in general is she?
So that probably didn't help

Don't forget the studio execs. Nothing's confirmed but it was in development hell for years with the human partner's casting originally being more serious actors. The comedy came from the situation played straight but the suits fucked it and wanted more McCarthy queef shit.

O Face intensifies

Now I'm imagining Gary Oldman channelling Leslie Nielsen in playing the human partner. Would have been great.

The human partner was originally gonna be Jamie Foxx, right?

I mean it depends how far you go back, Brian was trying to get it made for a good decade and every casting choice pre McCarthy weren't known for broad comedy...? It could've been great.

Based post.

>1:05 When I realized what the hell I was doing.

Cool effects on the movie. Perhaps I should check it out.

Its all in the head crest.

Attached: giphy.gif (245x202, 997K)

I have no idea, I can tell from this image they gave Kira nipples but I can't see if they gave her genitals, too.
Doesn't look like it though

Attached: tumblr_png118j79G1tg9ln0_1280.jpg (1101x1717, 390K)

Brian catching that the eyes were too wide apart to see well from a front profile really blew me away. I never would have noticed that was an issue but when he pointed it out it really made sense why. Dude knows his shit.

Fair complain
Nigga looks like sid the sloth lmao

Holy fuck, was this show always this good? They look amazing and the dialogue is nice too.
>mfw I realized not-the-mama is literally elmo

Attached: 971642_10201709494557861_188635346_n.jpg (207x491, 19K)

can anyone photoshop a pepsi into this gif like this?

Attached: pepsi.gif (257x198, 396K)

What does Yea Forums think about Brian Henson?

Genius or hack?

I forgot how good this show was

Attached: images1.jpg (225x225, 9K)

He's messed up BAD on some shit, but I ultimately still really respect him and he clearly knows his stuff. He's also still clearly passionate about his work and I think that's the most important thing of all. Yeah, I still like him a lot.
I just wish the Creature Shop did more beyond commercials these days.

Genuinely enthusiastic and a good crew member, but not a leader or visionary like his dad was.

SPBP

I can't believe 4-D animation has existed longer than 2D/CG.

>4-D animation
This will amaze you, user, but our very reality is merely the animation created by an 11 dimensional culture. Yes, even your shitty life. The writer was probably trying to be ironic.

youtube.com/watch?v=tgj2cHGwks8

>Japan did to Labyrinth with its sequel comic

Tokyopop? That series really intensified my dislike of comics having different cover and interior artists

Attached: 67987t.png (1452x1066, 2.94M)

>The incestual tones between Toby and Sarah's Nobody

The fuck were they thinking?

>covers are gorgeous with beautiful sexy renditions of Jareth and Toby
>the inside is filled with art drawn by a moose

I mean, it's fitting that a movie that appeals to 15 year old girls has a manga that looks like it's drawn by 15 year old girls with a "How to Draw Manga" book

It's what Labyrinthfags deserve for not being Crystalchads

Based

Actually yes. It was pretty big at the time.

Attached: tumblr_m9hjoherdZ1rngjk0o1_500.gif (500x347, 758K)

He's the puppetry equivalent of a child soldier. He is good at the execution but was not brought up to make make decisions.

Attached: MGRRaidenPP.png (622x595, 392K)

>4D animation.
>animation across time and space.
>All those strange drawings in ancient ruins and the Nasca lines were/was/will be actually the images of Muppets sent to the past.

Okay, Dinosaur question:

Is pic related the girlfriend of the one that wore the sports jersey? I recalled she wore makeup and a wig in the show.

Attached: 3-dinosaur.jpg (655x872, 196K)

>tfw his kids cannot be his except the baby

Attached: 1565932760746.jpg (960x1280, 330K)

The baby isn't either
He got swapped at the hospital

>As of 2014, Baby is the only surviving puppet from Dinosaurs.

Attached: 1565928690200 (1).jpg (400x404, 46K)

That's Monica, Fran's gal pal.

muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Monica_DeVertebrae

You go ahead and release those photos, ladies. I'm Muppetsexual and proud of it.

>implying you can only like one or the other
Why do you faggots always feel the need to do this retarded bullshit?

Its a pretty great show almost all the way through. Its classic simpsons tier comedy with some interesting takes on "family sitcom, but with dinosaurs."

I loved Mr.Richfield, Earls boss.

youtube.com/watch?v=APXLid0D584

Heres another good clip.

youtube.com/watch?v=p1ClUGpzwwE

Attached: Monoblos is a relative of the Diablos.jpg (480x359, 30K)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Attached: Leslie_Mackerel.png (1226x1080, 692K)

youtu.be/lzBHA7QxJEs

I'm so happy they made the chamberlain's younger form look like such a badass instead of just a less wrinkly version of himself in the movie.

I don't remember the skeksis being so... articulate.

>that image name
Nice

To be fair, by the time of the original movie they're half-senile, worn out and near death.

Also any dialogue spoken to Gelflings is supposed to be taking place in Gelfling, a language most of them haven't bothered with for a century or more by that point, because Jen and Kira don't speak Skeksish.

what happened to the rest?

>that's their species name
For fucks sake.

>ragging on moose artists
Hey fuck you buddy, they're trying! You try drawing with your lips

I mean considering the one time we hear SkekSo is when he's literally choking out his last, you can really only improve on things

Fucking YES
I didn't even know there was a series until I saw this thread. Absolutely hyped.

Attached: 1534872488294.jpg (500x500, 57K)

I think they just made everything that is protruding visible.
Guess everything that wold gave it away it is an puppet was sculpted.

Attached: the-dark-crystal-2.png (1131x481, 610K)

I'm tempted to watch this just so I can give a fuck about that game that got announced.

Holy shit I never noticed he was supposed to be naked

Man, I have the first volume of the Dark Crystal manga lying around somewhere, but the second might as well not exist.

fused with your absolute opposite; being purified of all the evil, cruel, bird bastardness that you'd reveled in for a thousand trine; ceasing to be skeksis entirely
That's not just dying like some of the others, that's being completely transformed into the thing you hate and feared most

Foam rot has been a motherfucker with the Dinosaurs cast.

Just watched the movie for the first time in nearly 15 years.
70s/80s were peak fantasy aesthetic.

Attached: Brian Froud.jpg (750x1079, 446K)

Damn, you never really think about how important preservation and storage is until the shit you love is getting ravaged

Oh, I absolutely love both. I'm just a bit jealous Labyrinth ended up being the most popular of the two overall. Even with the new series coming, TDC still hasn't been appreciated as much as it should have by the public.

The puppets look amazing, Im so glad its getting some love.

While we're on about puppets
I liked this better than the 2011 film

Attached: p10173452_v_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 382K)

It helped that it was actually a Muppet movie and not just a celebrity's self-insert fanfic about them saving the Muppets.

>The Muppets: Hah, let's make fun of those canned script film adaptations where a bunch of popular nonhuman characters play second-fiddle to the boring newcomer human character
>Also The Muppets: Let's also drop any pretense about not being one of those films by the second act

you fucken druggo

I'm a pleb that is only here because of the Dark Crystal and has only tangential knowledge of and having seen only clips of muppets as an entire property
What happened with that movie(?)?

You know the Country Bears movie Disney did where a washed up non-human entertainment group is about to lose their theater and home to a greedy developer that has a personal grudge against them, only for a fanboy to try and get the band back together for a benefit concert to save the day?

It's basically that. The main characters are Jason Segel and his OC Muppet brother Walter and the movie overall was conceived by Segel himself as a scheme to revive the Muppets brand and force Disney's hand into greenlighting a new Muppet Show (like the script's original ending was Kermit saying "Tune in ABC this fall for a New Muppet Show") and while it performed decently enough, Segel didn't stick around to see his ambition through. So we got a more Muppet-focused sequel that ended up bombing and then a couple years later we had that crappy ABC Muppet Office show.

Country Bears was great.

I enjoyed it more than the 2011 film, but I think the 2011 film was better made.
This was just a fun sequel movie.