What was everyones reaction the first time they saw this back when the movie came out?

What was everyones reaction the first time they saw this back when the movie came out?

Attached: thanos.png (1909x955, 1003K)

>OH SHIT IT'S HELLBOY

>Is that the gorilla villain? I thought he was DC...

Mite b cool

I wonder if they'll go back and re-do the thanos scenes with the new model

underrated

I had to turn and ask my boyfriend who that is

Unpopular opinion: They should have kept the black noname rather than replaing him with CG Brolin.

i was in the cinema with about 5 friends from school and all of our girlfriends and there were lots of theories before i set everyone straight - i was a comic nerd even then and went berserk at the thought of thanos pulling a long game, my friends were impressed
i haven't seen any of them in half a decade

Cool, I can't wait

>cant wait to see Death
and then never happened , instead he got disney'd

"I bet Joss will fuck him up"
thank the lord he didn't get the chance

Okay so this was such a letdown.

¨To face them is to court... Death."

*Thanosgrin*

OHH SHIT COURTING DEATH YO COSMIC MARVEL OH MAN OH BOY THIS´ GON' BE......

>No further mention of cosmic Death, no valuable character building or insight to Thanos
>Villain has been hyped for well over 10 years
>Inf War and Endgame make the Mad Titan into sympathetic anti-hero villain

>>Oh shit. Can they pull that off?

What we got was breddy gud. I still wanted to have Lady Death on screen, voiced by Helen Mirren or somebody with a good sexy voice

Wtf Atrocitus?

Chains from payday

My sentiments exactly.

From what I saw, most people just asked "who was that?".
This was a common reaction too: Also, some people mistook him for a skrull.

Kill yourself thot

i actually hope so. it would make a rewatch more enjoyable.

"Oh man I hope we get a faithful adaption of thanos quest and the infinty gauntlet! I cant wait to see the silver surfer on the silver screen!"

My disappointment was immeasurable and my days were ruined

This!

>anti-hero
Just because brainlets mindlessly spout "Thanos did nothing wrong" doesn't mean anything he did was heroic outside of his own personal narrative.

If they'd had the Fox rights the whole time, maybe we would've gotten Surfer involved somehow.

The thing that pissed me off was how they retconned Thanos’ actual Love for Death and how he was killing half the universe for her. Showing the audience that he’s totally fucked in the head and irredeemable. Making his journey about “restoring balance, environmentalism blah blah blah” makes his whole journey understood by the reader and to some people even justified. Let Thanos be what he is, a Mad Titan so in love with Death he kills half the universe.

"Wasn't Darkseid a DC character?" or "Hey! It's that guy from Marvel Super Heroes!"

He got to see death alright.

I like Damion but Brolin was way too good of a fit. His voice is perfect.

Death talking? wow what a way to out yourself.

If silver surfer and galactus were in the mcu, galactus would be the reason why they had time travel
>galactus is pissed because half of the energy source of the universe is kill
>galactus' life span had been significantly reduced
>the superheroes have to go back in time either to another dimension or back in time in mcu dimension to undo the snap
>they undo the snap in 2012/avengers 1 but still have to stop thanos from invading earth in avengers 1
>infinty war avengers fight 2012 thanos
>cap and iron man die and based nebula snaps thanos out of existence
>galactus still comes to earth to stop thanos but hes too late
>fantastic four are introduced into mcu after the mcu avengers are killed

>"You fucking won't, Marvel"

>hey its that guy from marvel super heroes(tm)

Attached: 1565625742601.jpg (480x480, 102K)

"Oh it's Red Skull! It's Red Skull. I feel cool because I know that..."

>Be me. See this and get HYPE AS FUCK.
>Guy in the seat next to me leans over and, in a hushed, serious voice, whispers "THERMOS".

YO THE RED SKULL IS BACK I KNEW HE WAS TELEPORTED AND DIDN'T DIE

Attached: Patience.jpg (500x320, 26K)

...I don't remember.

>”ah nice purple skrulls”

Fuck off, you did not say that.

Most everyone I watched it with thought it was the Red Skull

That's your own stupid fault for thinking they had the rights to silver surfer

You write fanfic, don't you?

Death doesn’t speak, user. She only has heralds that speak for her.

whut?

I thought it was the Red Skull back but he'd been mutated in some way
I was like 14 at the time and hadn't read any comics

She doesn’t talk in the comics. She usually just has some other being that tells thanos what she’s thinking.

She is pretty talkative these days, actually.

DESU I hope the instances of Death talking will be retconned as partly Thanos being crazy and partly an imposter.

Cates is such a shit Thanos writer.

>Holy shit, we're really doing this?
Iron Man 1 was still fresh in my memory too, and I didn't think an Avengers movie would ever happen

>i was a comic nerd even then
This comment initially disgusted me ("newfag! newfag!") because I thought this movie came out four or five years ago.

I looked it up and feel old now.

Me and my friends got up and left as soon as the credits started, it wasn't until later that I saw there was a post credit scene featuring some guy, I didn't know who he was because my Marvel knowledge was limited to surface shit

It was fine but I was way more excited for the end of iron man one, I figured it out during the credits what they were doing and that shit was hype city

I thought he was the super skrull.

I hate Whedon, but he’s largely responsible for the risk taken to build up towards Thanos.

He's the only one responsible, he put it there just because he could
Still I don't like him and I'm glad he didn't came back for Infinity War and Endgame

I recognized the face from various marvel media, but didn't know a thing about the character.

I was excited because it seemed to be headed fully cosmic. I don't think that had been done in any comic movie up until that point.

I was also disappointed that Thanos wasn't the villain in Avengers 2.

No comic movie had done it before unless you count crazy shit like Flash Gordon and Barbarella. The F4 sequel could have but they didn’t even have the nuts to present a real galactus, but instead replaced him with a giant spinning anus cloud.

>audience: what, huh? Who even-
>Me standing and turning to address them: Ahh, let's just say things are gonna get *pretty* interesting for The Avengers in the coming years ;)

Attached: Thancuck.jpg (620x942, 173K)

>Oh hey it's Thanos™ from Thanos Quest/Infinity Gauntlet, which was storytimed by some dude on Yea Forums a few weeks ago. I'm glad he did, because otherwise I would know fuckall about him

Reminder that MCU Thanos culled because overpopulated planets attract MCU Galactus. He chose not to create more resources because that would lead to more population and higher chances of attracting Galactus. They'll also bullshit a reason for why MCU Infinity Gauntlet doesn't affect MCU Galactus.

Attached: Galactus.jpg (279x448, 42K)

First user here. I said exactly that.

Fuck action movie cinematic universes. It'll be the same fan service fight again and again.

>Me, internally:
Nice

>Guy behind me, externally:
YEAH! YEAH! GALACTUS, YEAH!

I screamed "MY NIGGER" in the theater. I'm still banned from going there.

Maybe he was just cheering because he really liked Galactus? I wish I could be excited about a cosmic jobber

>who the fuck?
>must be some Thor baddie
I have since read a lot of comics.

How can it be a "retcon" if his love of Death never existed in the MCU, you fucking moron? The MCU is literally only BASED on the comicbooks and 90% of is OC shit. And no reasonable person is saying they "agree" with Thanos' motives. Unless you're a complete psycho thinks killing other people is 'justified'.

I was cautiously excited, especially with the nod to his love of death.

I swear I saw an end teaser for galactus only to find out it was for fantastic 4 or something

Holy shit, MCU Thanos is a fucking giant. How can they possibly fight him?

Attached: Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Thanos.jpg (2000x1000, 193K)

They don't need a reason the gauntlet wouldn't work because they don't have it anymore.
>but they could time heist again
Not without Pym Particles which Hank will not hand out like candy. He's probably outraged they used them at all even though it worked and begrudgingly provided Cap with enough to make his return trip.

"OH SHIT IT'S DARKSEID"

Hank is just a stubborn guy. He's not going to withhold his particles when they're needed in a time of absolute crisis.

>What? Who the fuck was that?

Not gonna lie, that scene was hype.
Wrong, sure, but not my fault. Also he was cool in GotG.

Oh my God Thanos from super hero squad!
>Was about 11, now 18

HOLY FUCK ITS GRIMACE!
MCDONALDS CONFIRMED!

I though it was red hulk

I would rather if they didn't, Lucas' fuckery with old material (and subsequent replacement) set a really bad precedent. It's better if people simply accept this came before they had materialized Thanos' final look (including his second appearance in the post-credits scene).

They might need a reason why Thanos couldn't use it on Galactus though.