Which fanbase would be more salty if their guy loses

Which fanbase would be more salty if their guy loses

Attached: A6C91476-E358-4EA1-9145-D23994D3D38F.jpg (567x318, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9fQa5RphEo
twitter.com/BenBSinger/status/1163568309230424064
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Power Rangers. To go up 3 times and never win would annoy anybody.

Not Yea Forums, fuck off

Power rangers has comics and Godzilla has both comics and cartoons

Godzilla would be saltier if they lose
PR fans are split on salt and not liking Tommy

Is the video specifically talking about their comics?

It will most likely include them

I think the next great mine of salt is probably going to be Saint Seiya or Bionicle.

It could be either. Tommy's a known Skub and thus divides the salt factor, and most people only really like Kiryu because of the Mechagodzillas, his is the coolest design.

But if we were to remove the skub factor? Power Rangers. A Zord is still a Zord and the Dragon Zord was easily capable of taking on opponents solo and the franchise itself is fairly high brow in regards to powers.

I say this as a long-term Godzilla fan, from back when me mam bought me the showa VHS with the black scaled backgrounds and coloured outlines- It would require quite some shenanigans to beat the DZ.

Unless they've nerfed the DZ in the 20 years or so since I've watched Mighty Morphin'. Going by the way they talk about Tommy though, I doubt that.

As a fan of both I'm not sure, zord power levels are all over the place. Godzilla power levels are on the roof.
Godzilla beat gamera, this is the robot that went berserk and beat godzilla against a pretty good zord, that wont be combining during the fight. If titanis the ultrazord was In play it would be up in the air.

>Titanis
Fuck I forgot all about him even being a thing.

Always forget how stupid megazords get.

Attached: 97B14AF2-64B1-4DA8-820F-467658C07945.jpg (890x820, 112K)

My issue with this matchup is I asked "What's to stop Tommy from just cutting his way into Mechagodzilla and killing the crew?" like he literally did to the Megazord, and I did not get an answer.

It's not like Mechagodzilla is gonna swat him off. Tiny arms. He solos the thing without the Dragonzord. The matchup is REALLY fucking unfair in that regard.

I mean tanks are supported by infantry for a fucking reason.

Attached: free-syria-rebel-tank-691726.jpg (590x350, 25K)

Godzilla fans.

Wrong, it Transformers fans, since Godzilla fans hate everything that isn’t the original or shin

>dragon dick

Oh, wow, that's... that's wow. I can see why I might've forgotten now.

Titanis there pulling a Zorc before Yu-Gi-Oh was even a thing.

Well DB is an animation webseries. It'd probably fit here more than it would fit in like Yea Forums or Yea Forums despite the whole drama that comes with it. Plus DB is majorly just comic book characters fighting, so much Marvel and DC.

No that’s shinfags

Largely depends on scaling
Mostly Alpha-1 surviving a moon exploding and how the Megazord can scale to that since it should be superior to Alpha-1 and it did fuck him up (people who talk to the research team are saying Battle Mode is valid, I think it may be because when it was first formed, the other Zords were summoned by the dagger itself) and if they consider HCW Gigan not applying to the whole "he slows down to Mach 4 in Earth's atmosphere" detail shared by his other incarnations in supplementary info since doing so should negate Dragonzord's speed advantage (calced to be around Mach 34) considering Kiryu hit him
Reaction timing depends on which feat was superior
Drakkon dodging Saba's laser while unmorphed (yes it does scale to the Dragonzord since the monsters they fight should scale to the rangers and they also fight the Zords themselves when made giant and the Dragonzord defeated the Tigerzord which copies Tommy's movement 1:1) or Kiryu dodging Hedorah's laser
As for pachinko scaling, I don't even think vsbattles is dumb enough to do that.
And before you bring up Atari Double Smash Spacegodzilla, it doesn't work because scaling them is like scaling an early boss to an endgame boss in a game
Its like saying I can scale Odolwa to Majora
Strength wise, it'll be which is more superior
Holding up at least half of the Cayan Tower or Kiryu throwing a 25000 ton incarnation of Godzilla
This brings up the lifting vs striking strength debate but Death Battle does take lifting seriously and the best striking feat Kiryu has is ramming a 70,000 ton Ghidorah incarnation albeit only enough to stagger it
As for Dragonzord, it knocked the monster Oysterizer from deep underwater to the surface of the land (how deep they were is not specified though)
The average depth of the bottom of the ocean is 12100 feet and Death Battle already estimates the organic monsters the Rangers face are around 10000 tons (buoyancy does decrease the weight though)
Tommy wins out in experience

Just came here to say MechaGodzilla wins. Why? Its a robot that has can literally resist Godzilla's attacks. Godzilla can tank a meteor impacting earth without so much as a scratch. MechaGodzilla can hurt him and resist atomic breath attacks, attacks that usually kill most kaiju with one hit when Godzilla wants them to.

Are meteors stronger than moons?

depends on how fuck huge they are

How big was the meteor that hit Godzilla?

Mechagodzilla is operated remotely, no?

Scaling the incarnation Kiryu fought to all Godzillas doesn't work
It'd be like saying Green Arrow beating Doctor Fate in Injustice can beat every other Fate incarnation

Yeah the White Heron, but nothing is stopping Tommy from wrecking Kiryu from the inside or even teleporting to the White Heron.

No.

Well, that would be an even dumber ending than Falcon running over Johnny Cage, so I don't doubt they'll do it.

Was the meteor in the Millennium cont.?

I've heard people complain about the lack of kaiju fights in DB, but realistically who would they use?

Considering the comics are included, thought it'd be funny to point out that Tommy himself could probably beat Kiryu. BOOM Comics Tommy is fucking Multiversal.

Rayquaza or Groudon?

He needed the Heart of the Morphin Master to do that
He doesn't have that anymore

Other Kaijus from Godzilla stuff, I guess maybe an Ultraman but that's just as likely as DB every doing Tommy vs Takeshi Hongo

They said they've considered Ghidorah vs Deathwing in the past

It was as big as the moon.

It does though, as each incarnation of MechaGodzilla has hurt or nearly killed Godzilla in every era MechaGodzilla was in. Even the Anime Series.

Yes. Final Wars to be more precise.

They're specifically going with Kiryu

It was a planet.

Amuro Ray & Gundam Model RX-78-2 vs Shinji Ikari and EVA-01

Honestly either of them would be really cool, especially if you throw in primal forms.

I'm not super familiar with either franchise, but Deathwing was cataclysmic, wasn't he?
Now that I think about it Grima vs Deathwing would be cool were it not for Grima's "immune to everything except falchion and itself" bullshit. Hell, you confronted both in showdowns that take place on their backs.

Eh, Gundam already went. Who else could fight Shinji?

People have suggested Gurren Lagann which is a huge mismatch.
Maybe Mazinger or something?

Isn't Eva like way, way lower power level than most mech anime?

AT fields hard counter anything a gundam can throw at an EVA. That's not really a fair fight. It's like Superman vs Danny Phantom. Danny's got a bit of an edge.

They probably should have saved Kiryu for Shinji. Any American Mechas?

Megas XLR comes to mind, Gypsy Danger too.

>It's like Superman vs Danny Phantom. Danny's got a bit of an edge.
Is this fucker serious?

>intangibility
>invisibility
>possession
There's a reason Deadman shits on basically the entirety of DC.

Megas, the symbionic titan, gyspy danger
those are alI got

Those guys are awesome but I’m worried there’s not much of a connection.

I wanna see Lagann vs Demonbane personally.

Superman’s punches are strong enough to affect atoms, intangibility means shit

Well best battle would be EVA vs Gypsy Danger
Megas XLR vs Symbionic Titan

>atoms
Danny's merged with extradimensional matter that can't interact with normal matter. He's completely out of phase with normal matter when he goes ghost. Punching means jack and shit.

>intangibility means shit

Attached: 61vzFEa6CmL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (332x499, 62K)

>Megas vs Sym-Bionic Titan
That would be the shit. Rooting for Coop though.

Yeah but superman can like - he can totally punch so hard that it affects extradimensional matter.

Don't Eva's need to either stay plugged in, or use a battery that lasts literal minutes to function?

>Megas XLR vs Symbionic Titan
>the fight gets canceled before it's over

Kek
I think they also go berserk like Kiryu. They’re zombie cyborg aliens or something

Technically no. In Berserk mode they need jack and shit.

Then DragonZord loses horribly. Kiryu always stalemated, and nearly outright killed Godzilla.

God/Burning Gundam.

They might reference his low stamina considering his battery, they did for Robocop, he was near zero during the end of his fight with Terminator.

>Any American Mechas?
Would Robotech count?

couldn't you argue the fights are valid because they are animated

As are the hosts now
I guess so. Ooh or even another Transformer, I think they have bigger ones.

Megas would probably take it, it's arsenal is pretty crazy and varied.

What are some East vs West Battles you guys wanna see next?

Bugs vs Doraemon

Takeshi Hongo vs Tommy Oliver
Kamen Rider 1 vs Green Ranger Tommy

According to kaiju experts, this fight uses the weakest mechagodzilla incarnation and is likely to lose, but can go both ways. I don’t expect that much salt from them.

You just want tommy salt.

Personally I just want a Kamen Rider in DB and Takeshi vs Tommy has the best connections, especially since Sentai doesn't really have their own Tommy.

Danny still has ear drums even when he's intangible

A thunderclap would deafen and disorient him

Tommy? You mean Burai?

I would take a deaf ghost over Superman 10 times out of 10.

It is funny how red is top dog in Zyuranger, but in the West for Power Rangers, it is green.

I’ve always wanted to see Cyclops fight somebody maybe Deku?

But never an incarnation that survived the meteor or busted a planet

>Danny's got a bit of an edge
Kuro pls
what's the connection?

>busted a planet
>power rangers
>>>vsbattleswiki

Something with Bobobo

>Burning Gundam
Heh. G was truly a great show, in its own, special way. Like Macross 7, but legitimately good.

Either way, Burger King stomps Worst Mom.

Ben said it was either God Gundam or RX 78-2 that was gonna fight Optimus Prime
He went with the latter for the OG vs OG theme

>Gurren
Read a Deviantart Death Battle about that, it was a cool one.

youtube.com/watch?v=F9fQa5RphEo
reminds me of when spoony made videos.

It ends with Super Demon Elder God Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann going off to punch out lovecraftian horrors.

Yes actually. Particularly for Dragon Zord feats. Now calm down Autismo.

I can’t think of anyone for Seya to fight outside another armored bishonen, so not much salt there. Bionicle is so weird. Who would they fight? Moana?

Yes, but that means nothing.

Tommy gets inside MG and starts breaking shit. What’s it going to do? Rip itself open trying to get him? Akane isn’t going to do shit in the white heron other than get a busy signal.

Add in Kiryu’s half hour battery life and Tommy can just sit inside him waiting for the power to go out.

But that’s pretty much what Falcon did.

He didn't break into Cyclopsis, he won't bust into Kiryu

Gaogaigar.

What’s stopping him?

Domon killed Devil Gundam when it was Colony size. I don’t see Shinji’s AT field tanking something like that.

They do unless they have one of those on-board generators like 01.

>Implying super vibrations won’t BTFO Danny.

Deadman is an agent of the Presence. Don’t fuck with him.

>Pre-Godzilla fight
OG Kong vs Beast from 20,000 fathoms

>Dynamic Pro fight
Mazinger Z vs Getter Robo

>Power Rangers need a win fight
Lost galaxy vs lightspeed rescue vs wild force vs time force

>Atomic age fight
The Deadly Mantis vs The Tarantula

Dragon fight
>Fin Fang Foom vs Ghidorah

Does it really count as a win if it’s in between franchises?

I know buoyancy decreases weight but does underwater pressure make things harder to make things rise up?

But then Power Rangers get 3 extra loses.

But then that's just 3 extra losses for PR.

>only so called elitists claim to only like those two
>Son of Godzilla and Ebirah Horror of the Deep are under appreciated
>fuck shin
>fuck anno
>fuck evangelion

It wasn't a meteor It was the planet Gorath
Pic related

Attached: b2kvVRc.png (840x1064, 747K)

Thought it was a 3 hour limit

Is it true that this death battle shit is going to happen around the same time as the power rangers actor's birthday? Its very very very likely that the power rangers robot wins, and because the mecha godzilla it's facing is the weakest depiction

it's true, they're specifically limiting mechagodzilla as much as possible for this reason

It comes out on YouTube on his birthday, September 4, but it comes out on Rooster Teeth the second of September

Maybe Ikki vs Jean Grey or Hyoga vs Iceman? Bionicle they'd probably do Teridax vs Megatron or something.

Death Battle threads always remind me of the 16 accords of madness volume 6 from the elder scrolls series.

The short version of the story is that someplace in skyrim (it doesn't say where exactly, somewhere in the mountains) Sheogorath, daedric prince of madness calls on Hircine, daedric prince of the hunt and 'father of manbeasts' and challenges him to make a creature and in 3 years meet back and have them battle to the death.
Hircine brought a Daedroth that he trained and gave lycanthropy. A werewolf daedroth (giant crocodile lizard man creature.) By all accounts a really nasty creature that could smash boulders with superlative ease.
Sheogorath brought a small songbird. In every objective measure, the daedroth was dozens of times stronger than songbird. Daedroth still lost though.

It fundamentally does not matter. At issue is that Tommy has canonically breached a mech in seconds because he jump and cut good and Mechagodzilla has jack shit to counter a breach because he's just a skeleton with stubby arms covered in dinosaur shaped tank.

Sheogorath cheats. That bird probably had a bullshit enchantment on it.

>That bird probably had a bullshit enchantment on it.
Nope. Regular bird. The fight plays out pretty simply. Hircine summons his super beast. Sheogorath summons his bird atop a stone. The first move is the daedroth smashing the boulder to pieces soundly and leaping on it. Daedroth thinks he got the bird, but after the dust clears, the bird is perched atop the snout of the daedroth just happily singing away. The bird just starts gently picking at a piece of detritus between the daedroth's eyes. Naturally, the first and only instinct the daedroth had was to swat and claw the thing to shreds. And naturally, the bird just jumps out of the way and the daedroth blinds itself. This goes on for hours as the bird simply dodges its attacks while the daedroth basically rips itself apart.

>Always forget how stupid megazords get.
Stupid or EXTREME!?

Stupid

Attached: 289AF2EB-DEB4-400B-BFC6-7F91C0DA76C8.jpg (604x696, 89K)

Didn't Spoony made it years ago? Fucking AVGN was in it too.

Thumbnail and VAs revealed
twitter.com/BenBSinger/status/1163568309230424064

Attached: ECXTNUKUIAAYrTu.jpg (1200x675, 169K)

I know how the story went. I just think Sheogorath cheated. The monster should have caught the bird easy. Also, that story was from a series of books made to look him look good.

Tommy would have to know that Kiryu has a cockpit, it wouldn't be obvious if Akane was in a white heron controlling it by remote

It’s a giant robot, cutting it from the inside is viable whether or not it has someone piloting it.

The pachinko shit isn't likely gonna be used because how little footage of it people can find online of it and even then its potato quality

*climbs into Kiryu, and easily kills the pilot*

Attached: i think the right ranger.jpg (480x360, 24K)

That'd be a very anticlimatic finisher
It'll just boil down to the Dragonzord Battle Mode being used in the last minute and Kiryu using its remaining weaponry to fend it off
Then it charges its Absolute Zero Cannon when its down, Tommy plays the dagger, the Dragonzord picks up its staff and charges/throws it into Kiryu's chest
If Kiryu wins, the blast fires or the diamond inside withstands long enough to fire thus freezing the Dragonzord and it collapses under its own weight
If Dragonzord wins, the diamond is shattered and Kiryu is pierced with the result being it being exploded and frozen from the inside

>sheogorath cheated
He's a trickster, and Hircine knew this. It's not like Hircine wasn't aware, and it's not like he couldn't have or didn't try to do the same thing by giving a creature as much of an edge as he could by making the man-crocodile a man-crocodile-werewolf. The issue is, he was expecting to win just by brute force. The point is, not every fight is won by the guy who's the strongest. Sometimes someone can be outmatched physically in every fashion and still win. That's the point of the story. Hircine couldn't think outside the box so he lost.

>The monster should have caught the bird easy.
Don't take it personally, but I'm not surprised you think that.

>Also, that story was from a series of books made to look him look good
As most are in the elder scrolls series. With a few exceptions like Vivec who was pretty proud of the fact that he raped a daedric prince.
Or molag bal. Who literally goes by the title "King of rape."
There was a lot of rape in the elder scrolls in morrowind books actually, come to think of it.

I brought the story up though because I think it illustrates a criticism I have of death battle: They tend to focus a bit too much on power levels and feats and often times this means that fights aren't character battles, but battles featuring those character's abilities and powers. They condense the characters that are fighting against once another down to their feats and power subsets with very little focus on other character traits to determine winners. This often times leads them to decisions that are basically, "this guy is stronger than that guy so he wins case closed." When again, as illustrated in the story, that is not how fights are always won.

Which writer has an inflation fetish and why does this inflation shit appear so often
The other examples are Lobo getting blown up after eating Ghost Rider, and Charizard being killed by being force filled with water and blown up like that

Attached: wario inflates self.png (452x488, 277K)

They were all written by different people
In Wario's case, its justified seeing that's how he did make himself bigger in that one comic

It's a shame we won't get to see "DBs" going off something that isn't there strength or whatever, something like uh Phoenix Wright vs Makoto Naegi.

It’s a battle to the death user. There’s gonna be fighting.

Yeah

tldr

If they scale the drill to the moon explosion, I dont think Kiryu's diamond can survive that

Pure power and strength do not determine the outcome of who would win in a battle to the death.

Well, early on they tried to do it like that. Focusing mostly on traits and styles instead of stats. Which leads to them making shit up based on their headcanons, like Blanka being resistant to electric attacks and Toph beating Gaara. Honestly, it was a great improvement when they went to stat based stuff.

I think it backs up their conclusions better using stats since it's hard to 'factually prove' one fictional character beating another for sure.
From their perspective, it makes sense since otherwise you're going to get negative feedback if you can't show your work.
But one fictional character beating another is entirely that: it's fiction. How do you kill a vampire? Any way you want, they're not real.

Kill a vampire with a "steak"

Mmm, steak~

Or if you're in china you can kill them with a cock!

Based