How did they fuck this up so bad...

How did they fuck this up so bad? the comics are an irreverent piss-take on heroes with some post-9/11 military industrial complex commentary, hilarious moments and surprisingly deep characters

This is show is all over the place with its tonal dissonance, it's oddly dour and over-dramatic with no greater sense of purpose other than "heroes might be bad"

Attached: MV5BMTY2NDY5MTYzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTcyNTM0NjM@._V1_SY1000_SX800_AL_.jpg (800x1000, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/television/comments/cjt17f/im_eric_kripke_the_cocreator_of_the_new_amazon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am seriously baffled as to how anyone can think this show is better than the comics; it's like people didn't bother reading into it at all and took everything at face value

I will never forgive it for not including the dog

apparently it will appear more in S2 and might have a more sizeable role. Jake from Jupiter will just get a cameo

Did YOU read the comic?
Its garbage. The show has actual good actors to carry through the hot mess.

Did you? What exactly do "good" actors improve about this gutted version of the story? How does taking out one of the most defining moments and plot elements make it batter than the original?

It is made by Jews that is all you need to know.

Wrong board, /pol/nig

Go back to tumblr, or failing that, reddit.

It's not proper etiquette to speak ill of the Hebrews in this Year of our Lord Trump.

Jews aren't Hebrews.

The jews made a better product than the drunken irish fuck

Go fuckin figure loser

antony starr is kino

You aren't the Master Race either, Muttley.
So simmer your silly shit down.

>How did they fuck this up so bad? the comics are an irreverent piss-take on heroes with some post-9/11 military industrial complex commentary, hilarious moments and surprisingly deep characters
whoa there professor pretentious, calm the fuck down. it's capeshit

Lol its just degenerate anti-white, anti-family, capeshit propaganda! Stop having standards looooll xd!

Singling out a single ethnic group as a stand-in for the larger american propaganda machine is a symptom of capitalist alienation. Read Marx.

Are we ever going to stop with the
>Its not as good as the books
argument?

Attached: you_tried__by_the_mexican_whovian-d5od4z7.png (916x872, 208K)

No.
Ok thing always good.
New thing always bad.
If movie based on book. Book must exist before movie.
Qed

Good bait.

You're a fucking moron

The Boys is an ok comic but it's not that fucking deep, and Ennis' style of character doesn't translate to mass media. Everyone has less of an edge because the show wants you to actually like some of these guys and you can't if they're right cunts 24/7

As for changing 9/11 to a generic plane disaster it accomplishes the same thing as in book but without dating the show or making them look callous

It makes it better because it peels away the nonsense esge and turns it into an engaging story with characters you actually care about and a well-paced and interesting narrative
Why do you just want to see the exact same story told exactly the same way

>9/11 was 18 years ago.

Fuck.

When that guy's head exploded in the workout room or whatever, what was happening? I wasn't really paying attention.

not to mention Ennis was on hand for the whole thing, Krikipe ran everything by him.

In the AMA he said all Ennis really wanted was to rework some of Billy's dialogue so he swore more.

Pls

>no dog
>no Jack
>no 9/11 subcontext
>no Stillwell-kino
>no WWII Mallory-kino
the show is shit

>Dog's gonna be in S2
>Jack wouldn't make sense in the world
>9/11 was 18 years ago dude, time's moved on you'd date the show like how dated the comic is
>I miss Stillwell too but the direction the shows gone has me to, especially the perverse homelander relationship that paid off nicely.
>flashbacks exist nigga.

COPE

not familiar with this newfag term

I assume it means you can't deal with what I said, sorry bud.

reddit.com/r/television/comments/cjt17f/im_eric_kripke_the_cocreator_of_the_new_amazon/