Do you still like Rick and Morty even after all the bullshit?

Do you still like Rick and Morty even after all the bullshit?

I stopped enjoying it the day I saw a group of Pickle Ricks knock over the McDonald's across the street from my work. But I still love the show.

Attached: ree.jpg (700x456, 171K)

Season 1: Genuine breath of fresh air and funny.
Season 2: Competent. Retreads a lot of Season 1 stuff but not as funny. Still keeping the unfunny parent bits that no one hates and even they know that.
Season 3: Mediocre. Mostly unfunny. STILL doing bits with the parents and STLL acknowledging no one likes them.

I stopped watching it after season 1 but my friends would watch season 2 with me and now I don't

>I stopped enjoying it
>But I still love the show.
u wot now, m8?

If you care about what other people think and appearing to not be a part of a fandom you are a literal normalfag. RandM is still funny and clever so i’m still a fan. The end.

Never seen a single episode.

its fanbase is a seeping fungoid leaking out psuedointellect and unearned pretentiousness faster than incels can churn out mass killers. i still like it, though. basic chart:
season 1: genuinely funny, and great hook to the rest of the series, but has some noticeable pitfalls, particularly Anatomy Park, and Raising Gazorpazorp.
season 2: a refining of season 1; overall better. it's nails what i think is a great synthesis between roiland and harmon
season 3: you can fucking tell this season took a fuckload of time to make. it's hilariously inconsistent. about half the season is great-- half the season is hot ass. they brought on too many new people and didn't pair them up with any vets to help balance out the quality. i'm hoping that those writers are more acclimated to the show, and season 4 will benefit from a totally veteran crew.

Attached: loveniggers.jpg (225x225, 11K)

>its fanbase is a seeping fungoid leaking out psuedointellect

Yeah you're one to fucking talk

Attached: 10dicks.jpg (246x240, 14K)

t. psuedointellect AND incel

oh user your words are like a thousand tiny falchions prying into my effervescent soul would that i could only be as intellect as you

Thanks for posting

okay

Attached: 1558478608957.png (500x523, 259K)

your response is like a insectoid hive pumping out harsh vibes faster than zerglings

i feel a good representation of the difference between seasons can be found in the inter dimensional tv episodes. The first season was 100% improv. The second one was improv that was aware it had to be random and spontaneous to garner the same impact as before. The latest season legitimately had a room filled with people dissecting the humor of every sketch for months before anything was finalized.
The newer seasons feel pressure to live up to the fame the older ones procured and the tone of the show is suffering for it.

Having said that I’m still excited for the upcoming episodes.

okay

Attached: dirtyhumannwahs.jpg (400x400, 134K)

your response is like a insectoid hive pumping out harsh vibes faster than zerglings

I can't stand Rick, is a character that is presented with no sense of morality, but then they try to show him as a character that cares for his peers, even though he constantly puts them into dire situations.

no u

Attached: isitreallythatsmall.png (700x393, 79K)

oh user your words are like a thousand tiny falchions prying into my effervescent soul would that i could only be as intellect as you

if we're gonna do this all night at least have the courtesy to sage the thread

alright that's enough of that. i'm headed to bed. thanks for shitposting with me, user.
here, have a free reaction image.

Attached: youve somehow ascended hank hill to the next plane of existance with your flamboyant display of indo (280x310, 163K)

I thought S1 and 2 were pretty enjoyable. I stopped watching S3 after the super hero episode, straight up stupidest thing I've seen on tv in a long while

The only two people I know who like the show are my punk 40 yo sister that genuinely enjoys it for the comedy and my asshole former friend that liked the "social commentary" parts of it

Attached: 1563151708971.jpg (546x706, 92K)

>Sci-fi show
Fun
>LOL FAMILY DRAMA

Attached: 1537325721063.jpg (362x272, 22K)

The Pickle Ricks did WHAT?
Like from the outside? With what?

It doesn't fit in Adult Swim (but Adult Swim is the only network that allows it to do certain things)

>when you tell black people the truth

...that homosexuality is a thing all people do and not just a white people thing.

Attached: quote-homophobia-is-easier-for-black-people-where-black-people-are-concerned-they-feel-they-david-mc (850x400, 72K)

I'll watch season 4. That's about all I can say.

Thots, incels, and druggies like the show. Enough siad.

There’s only one true Rick and Morty , and he does not share power

Attached: F5E1DAC6-1E7E-412A-9DD4-707FB671EE35.jpg (1300x651, 102K)

Can you explain this image to me, user?

>I saw a group of Pickle Ricks knock over the McDonald's across the street from my work

WHY IS NOBODY ADDRESSING THIS

One of the bukkshit was oils poor writing so no. Season 3 made me drop the show

I honestly didn't expect a reasonable critique of the black community in this thread.

> mfw Logic appears at the end of that one episode

Attached: What_is_this_shit.jpg (275x275, 10K)

WUBBA LUBBA KILL YOURSELF

Attached: 1548134475051.png (1280x1707, 177K)

I still enjoyed most episodes of season 3 but there are certain aspects of it such as how Morty and Summer are becoming too much like Rick that make me think the show is gonna go downhill

This is the first time something Rick & Morty has ever entertained me

Attached: 1545614982277.png (1008x1400, 265K)

This also exasperates me. It really ticks me off how they oscillate so much between trying to show that Rick does actually care about some things and then proceeding to demostrate that he doesnt.

Does he care about Morty?, about Beth?, about his rebel friends?, about freedom? We dont know because the writers are too cowardly to have him compromise to a standard he wont break.

Season 3 really elevated the series. It's odd how the shows viewership went up 80% and it even won an Emmy after they got rid of the toxic male writers

You really think "Incels" produce mass killers? Isn't the factory that churns out mass killers produces novels who have a 1 in a million chance of becoming a school shooter who have a .5 percent chance of going big? Intel's don't produce anything, they certainly don't produce more of themselves.

My biggest problem is they absolutely ruined the comedy duo in S3.

In s1/2, morty was the naieve but good hearted kid who went along his grandpas shenanigans but was never really mean or forceful.

Rick was super smart and shit but had his faults and had to run from situations/wasnt in control.

In S3 morty is literally rick 2.0. He's always angry, always yelling, instigating situations. I guess you could say its character growth, but it just feels like an upset since there's two ricks now.

Rick now have iron man armor built into his skeleton, and there is no situation he cant get out of with just brute force.

Hell the government he ran from/was terrorist of with his friends, he took down single handedly over the course of a single episode, like no skin off his back, everything was his plan all along GG no RE EZ.

Andrew Hussie made some comics making fun of typical welfare blacks back in the day. I dont think the one in the picture is real tho.

Well thats a given. All mass shooters are incels but not all incels are mass shooters

But you consider school shooters a product of incels. That's a lot of autonomy you're crediting to incels.

It's real. Now that Andrew Hussie has been lost to the depths of his own failure, it is his most classic work.

>All mass shooters are incels
What do you define as a mass shooter and what do you define as an incel? I wouldnt call the muslim guy who shot the gay bar an incel, he did it because of religious reasons.

Problem Sleuth was pretty good

Actually, I've hated it since the first episode.

The writing went downhill over the three seasons and the unfunny female writers are gonna make it worse than current Family Guy/Simpsons

Lost interest half way through season 3. Not gonna bother watching Season 4.

It's like the simpsons. The old episodes are still solid even if you don't like the new ones. It's possible to like bits and pieces of a thing. It's not all or nothing.

Season 3 was awful
>All this dwelling on Beth and Jerry's divorce when everyone was more than done with this
>Beth became more of a cunt
>Morty became mini Rick
>They upped the 4th wall breaking way too much
>They expect us to care about stuff like the Citadel of Ricks when it can be destroyed and brought back at the flip of a hat
>Rick is now invincible
>It banks off LOL WE KNOW WERE ANNOYING humour like shouting and PICKLE RIIIIIIICK

I see that YouTube channel WiseCrack constantly sucking the shows dick and that really made me not want to get involved with the fandom anymore. After some time away from the circle jerk box I started to see all the flaws the show had and now I just don’t care for it anymore.

That’s the biggest issue for sure. Rick became the writers Mary Sue and now there is a huge cognitive dissonance between him and the viewers that will become more obvious as time goes on.

>WiseCrack
That channel is such pseudo wank. It's the worst shit normies do. Try to make fun thing deeper than they are to justify liking fun shit

It's still watchable, so yes.

I miss when Rick was a drunken retard in the body of a genius instead of an invincible god who's too cool to care about anything and can totally kill you dude and when you kill him it's actually just a hologram bro etc. Show just isn't fun to watch anymore.

The Pickle Rick episode is a good example of everything wrong with the R&M fanbase.

On paper, the arc is pretty good - Rick hates being emotionally honest with his children so much that he'd rather be an inanimate vegetable than go to therapy. One life-threatening adventure later, Rick realizes it would have been less painful just to go to the damn therapist.

But Rick doesn't really suffer at any point in the episode. Even as a limbless pickle being flushed down a sewer, he's still an unstoppable badass who improvises an exo-suit out of rat giblets, does sick parkour, pulls a John Wick on like thirty armed guards, and gets to hang out with not-Machete.

The writers are trying to tell you "Rick's not a good role model!" while Rick outsmarts every single character while blind drunk, is super witty, and bangs hot alien Hive Minds. They thought Rick's cruelty would invalidate his super-genius. Instead, Rick's super-genius validated his cruelty. And that's how you end up with the Szechuan Sauce Kerfuffle.

Attached: realricks.png (700x650, 160K)

>wacky random 4th wall breaking
>real drama that I am supposed to take seriously
scifi scrubs

I never got into the show. I dont find it funny, and the art style is unappealing to me.