How would Ultraman fare in the DCU?

How would Ultraman fare in the DCU?

Attached: ryan-lang-ultraweb.jpg (900x1200, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=65qkPu47W0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well he's not just one guy, right? There's a planet (planets?) of these guys of varying degrees of strength and power.

He’s weak to cold right? Captain Cold would absolutely slaughter him.

Attached: 021F01EF-9838-47DD-9097-75507468F2F4.jpg (976x1516, 784K)

Ultraman isn’t that big. They also die pretty easily.

Attached: Ultraman.webm (640x480, 2.13M)

Theres multiple planets of Ultras, with the peimary one being Nebula M78, the Land of Light. Others are all over the place and in varying universes, each with different means of becoming a Giant of Light.

Attached: Ultraseven vs Dinotank.webm (480x360, 2.82M)

Attached: Ultraseven.webm (480x362, 1003K)

Cold is going to need a bigger gun. I also don't recall any Ultraman having a specifc weakness of cold. At least, not any kind of normal cold.

>Ultraman isn’t that big.
Each Ultra has a varying height, with some literally having "Infinite" as their height and weight values. In the OG's case, he varies from being 40-53 meters in terms of height.

>They also die pretty easily.
Really depends on the Ultra.

Ultraman Jack killed a planet eater.

Goddamnit.

They don't last more that 5 minutes though, so they wont last long before they start blinking and having to leave the fight.

Cold’s cold isn’t normal cold, it’s absolute zero, and I have a friend that watched the new series tell me he was weak to cold. An outside source probably isn’t the best but the wiki also says he’s weak to cold.

Attached: 15AD6C4D-9DED-4D0C-922D-A6E67F2DFC45.jpg (750x274, 121K)

Closer to three minutes, but it's not a hard rule. Some Ultras can fight for longer before the Color Timer starts blinking.

Also, the main reason why the Color Timer starts blinking as they weaken is because Earth's atmosphere heavily limits the amount of light Ultras receive, which is what fuels them. Outside of Earth, such as say in space with several stars to draw upon, or in a place like the Land of Light, they're always at full power.

Maybe it isn’t supported in the new show though.

Dyna, X, and several others as well.

The newer shows don't even bother with that weakness. And once you start moving past the first couple shows after the OG, it actually seems like the cold thing was pretty much forgotten.

That doesn’t make it non-canon though, right? Or have they survived in space/the arctic?

Can't recall any Ultras fighting in the arctic, but they function in space just fine (It's actually a better environment for them than Earth, since they aren't limited to whatever light Earth's sun can provide through the atmosphere).

I assume only the OG Ultraman and maybe a few others were truly hampered by the cold.

Attached: 1557703465871.webm (500x374, 2.77M)

Earliest example I can think of:
Ultraseven fought a monster who was responsible for the last ice age, and was once again bringing the earth to a new one.
He did have trouble, but it wasn't due to the extreme cold or the monster's ice powers, it was because Seven was fighting for too long, and he needs to recharge by absorbing sunlight, which was being obscured by the change in climate resulting form the monster showing up. He ends up finding an opportunity to charge and beats the ice monster in the end.

I'm glad this gives me an excuse to post this cutie.

Attached: Gandar.jpg (350x450, 25K)

Oh, guess I was wrong.

what the fuck

Attached: a.gif (300x229, 1.54M)

Ultras don't fuck around. Even Cosmos (the ONLY hard pacifist amongst the Space Garisson) doesn't do the whole "I'll just spare you with no guarantee you'll behave yourself." He absolutely fucks up his villains, before purifying the shit out of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=65qkPu47W0I
This was intended for the west, but it never came out here.

That's because they are solar powered like superman.

Well, the original Ultraman actually lost his final battle against Zetton.
But then again, Zetton can fire 1,000,000,000,000°C fireballs, so that kind of puts things into perspective.

Attached: Zetton_-_Ultra_series.png (480x617, 403K)

>1,000,000,000,000°C fireballs
What the absolute fuck

Welcome to Japanese superheros, they give literally no fucks, heck I am willing to bet there are versions of Kamen Raider that could casually survive in the DC universe.

I wish Marvel would make a Silver Surfer Toku, that is along the same vein as Ultraman.

I mean, I knew Zetton was super strong (and has only been getting stronger). But I didn't know that he was "make supernovas look like bad firecrackers" levels of strong.

Yeah ultraman gets crazy, there is ultraman king who fused with the entire universe. He became god, and keeps shit stable just by existing because some evil ultraman destroyed the universe, hence why he fused with it to save it.

You and I both know they'd fuck it up.

Early Ultra kind of went crazy with powerlevels when they felt like it.
In Ultra Q, there is a monster named Balloonga who apparently feeds on stars.
In Ultraseven there was a monster named Gyeron who was hit with a planet destroying bomb that was (stated in the show) 8000 times as strong as the hydrogen bomb. It mutated and came flew to earth pissed off.

Attached: balloonga1.png (644x451, 263K)

I'd love to see how they'd tie the Ultramen to the Green Lanterns. Both are superpowered galactic police, plus there's a lot to explore when it comes to their source of power, what with the Central Power Batteries for the Lanterns and the Ultras being light organisms.

Would Ultras be supercharged Lanterns because of this? Would it remove their '5 minute time limit' weakness? Could the source of the power for the Central Power Batteries actually be the Land of Light?

Attached: Ultralantern.jpg (1200x1200, 243K)

monster rates in dc drop to 0

Attached: red chop.webm (624x480, 2.73M)

>Both are superpowered galactic police
Closer to multiversal police for some. Its actually a tad bit frightening how easily some Ultras can cross realities.

Then there's crazy shit like Noa and King.

EVERY FUCKING MONSTER IS DEAD
ALL OF THEM

Attached: red fall.webm (624x480, 2.85M)

The Ultras are living lanterns. In the 2011 Manga set years after the original series, Ultraman is mostly known as "the giant of light".

There's also shit like Vacuumon who gobbled up planets like snickers, Gransphire who is Vacuumon but even nastier, and Greeza amongst others.

Ultraman is basically a cosmic horror franchise, looking at it.

>Can fly
>Can shoot cosmic ray beams
>50m tall on average
>Can survive vaccuum
>Martial art skills
Only weakness consistent to them is they cant sustain themselves in earth’s gravity so they have to flee after a short time but can brawl indefinitely while on outer space. Ultras probably come from a planet with a very low gravity, hence their titanic size.

If I see one more "how would ____ fare in ____" thread, I'm gonna lose it

It kinda is, granted unlike most cosmic horror at least humanity has a super powered good cosmic horrors protecting them.

Attached: red arrow.webm (588x450, 2.61M)

He would trigger Batman's autism. And, depending on the writer, Superman's as well.

It's not the earths gravity, it is the fact that they can't get that much light on earth, like superman they are solar powered, plus they can change their sizes at will so they could be human sized if they wanted to.

All kaiju stuff is cosmic horror.
Godzilla's literally a story about alien Satan who destroys planets for a passtime fighting a monster made by mankind which can't be killed no matter how hard anyone tries.

I kinda forgot just how stonecold Redman is. Jesus.

They come from an alternate dimension called the Land of Light and routinely beat aliens that kill entire planets. They'd be like monitor police or monitor black ops.

Attached: Redman heads off after slaughtering another.webm (626x480, 2.8M)

What would the ultramen do during the blackest night arc lads?

They'd be busy battling the shit ton of undead monsters that want revenge.

Depends on the Ultra, but most of them probably wouldn't hesitate to destroy any and all Black Lanterns they encounter. Cosmos would likely be the only one who'd even try to redeem or turn them back to normal or possibly redeem Nekron (and probably suceed).

If King or Noa get involved, then Blackest Night flat out doesn't even get off the ground.

>Black Lantern Rings find the Kaiju graveyard
Uh oh.

Attached: 103.jpg (889x500, 62K)

Redman has to do overtime then.

Attached: Redman is unstoppable.webm (624x480, 2.84M)

So either way it would be pretty fucking cool to see, kinda want them in DC now because it could be fun.

What if Redman showed up in Marvel?

Attached: roidman.webm (624x480, 2.67M)

Yeah, that would be pretty damn bad.

There are at least two kids over there who have giant monsters as pets/and or companions. Bad things happen if Redman finds them.

Redman has no care for allies. Redman acts. Redman succeeds.

Attached: ENEMY SPOTTED.webm (854x480, 2.94M)

I really wish one of the big publishers would try to insert them into their universe, the way Marvel used Transformers and Godzilla way back when.

Ultras are Christian space angels.
Given how angels job in DC they'd do pretty shite.

I mostly just want to see what happens when Superman and the Ultra Brothers meet.

This is a villain.

Attached: ultramangreen1_by_tnperkins-d75plmz.jpg (972x700, 338K)

How? His entire gimmick is that he murders monsters.

>implying
If the Space Garrison ever jobbed like the Spectre or Lucifer end up doing, the universe would've already ended a billion times over. Their task necessitates that they work efficiently.

The comics make him somewhat less villainous, but only after 47 years worth of brutally murdering monsters which causes him to question the purpose of his hunt.

Some of the ultramen would become instant best buds with him desu.

By himself? Okay
If he merges with someone? That'd be something to see. Imagine Ultraman with Superman as his host

Geed would probably fanboy over him. And he'd likely get along pretty well with Taro and Taiga, since he knows what it's like trying to be a good father and rolemodel. He'd probably even give Taiga the confidence he needs.

Geed would try and go full hero in dc after dealing with the monsters knowing him desu.

>Imagine Ultraman with Superman as his host
It would be too great for words.

>Ultra+DCfags on Yea Forums
At last, I have found you my people

Attached: Baby Dan Dan Intensifies.gif (540x562, 1.87M)

Welcome home brother.

Would the Justice League have a chance against Belial?

Attached: ultraman_belial_2009_02.jpg (640x362, 54K)

If I recall he did destroy the universe, so it depends on the versions of the justice league desu.

>manages to take on the entire Space Garrison at the time on two separate occasions, and actually succeeded in destroying the entire universe on the second try
Unless they have Fate on hand, I don't like their chances.

you mean like black RX, agito, fully powered kabuto etc.

>>manages to take on the entire Space Garrison
Oh never mind they are fucked, that is like an army of superman desu.
Yeah, kamen riders can become very powerful, haven't completed RX yet but I did watch through Black.

star eater actually

Or SHIN DAN KUROTO

I hate how Japanese superheroes in the Big Two are always like pop idols and Pikachus and robots, when Japan literally has a long tradition of superheroes sitting right there to use as inspiration. Ultraman, Sentai, Kamen Rider, even actual Supaidaman, these are all straight up the exact same style as superhero comics.

he's not a villain
he's the hero we deserve

Attached: REEDMIN.webm (626x480, 2.67M)

CRAP MAN!
THAT'S LIKE HIS STOMACH PLUG BACK THERE!

So what groups sub ultraman? I've only found Tiga subbed, which i fucking ADORED!!! Oh my god tiga was SOOOOO GOOD!!!

Attached: power mode.gif (320x240, 990K)

Supernovas tend to be about 7.2 trillion degrees Celsius. He's close, but not quite there.

Still, that's insane amounts of firepower to be casually throwing around.

For sure! And considering that not every Ultraman is created equal, he might not even be on the upper end of the scales.

Official subs from Crunchyroll, TVN, Genmcorp, etc.