Original He-Man series Sequel Announce

twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1163198902943670272

>The war for Eternia begins again! Superstar director Kevin Smith continues the original series’ story right where it left off in Masters of the Universe: Revelation, a new series telling the epic tale of what may be He-Man and Skeletor’s final battle.

Attached: ECSDO6tUcAMLRID.jpg (1364x2048, 232K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/HeMan
youtube.com/watch?v=SU-5cs2T_eY
youtu.be/-fggpu3JohU
youtube.com/watch?v=NVppuv9Pcqk
youtube.com/watch?v=mUPxr2fhLAk
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ek2ArdQM4c
youtube.com/watch?v=WM9qeu_4Osg
youtube.com/watch?v=cW_IuYlf7is
he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Zodak
youtube.com/watch?v=nqhLn76kCv0
youtube.com/watch?v=-PgTjhx1VLw
youtube.com/watch?v=De5jItQjT7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Will it be She-ra'd?

Christ no, please no.

>continues the original series’ story right where it left off

...but the original series lacked continuity, so how can you "continue" it where it left off?

Also, if it's REALLY a Filmation sequel, they better do the Filmation animation.

I'm glad they got famous anime director Kevin Smith for this anime series

Oh boy, another promise of a sequel or continuation of an old show that will be barely like the old one and try really hard for that mass appeal by including current trends and internet memes! Then we can look back

"Oh man good thing they made that terrible sequel of a long dead franchise! Im glad thats what people see when they search for it now!"

Attached: 0ss.png (406x397, 128K)

Original had episodic stories in a setting. So just starting a story is picking up where it left off.
I hope the visuals are a mix of art and backgrounds from the 80s with character designs from 2002. That sword's looks makes me cautiously optimistic.

Just make it like the recent comics and I'll love it.

>Netflix Original Anime Series
>Kevin Smith
I don't have high hopes but I am curious

Attached: 1499240908823.png (341x290, 215K)

Among the writers is the one that wrote He-Man: The Eternity War, and the He-Man/Thundercats crossover. It's going to be awesome!

How is this an anime?

Yes be the same team that did Castlevania.

>Anime
Christ, is calling yourself an anime what it takes to have a respectable cartoon nowadays?

>that second paragraph
If I’m reading this right, Teela is going to be the protagonist instead of Adam. I’m so sorry guys

Attached: 5FCEDC76-36A1-4457-AD20-DFEDBB2158A9.jpg (680x383, 54K)

If continues as they said, the story of the original series based on the abbandoned Filmation's projects about MOTU, i believe tha the series will deal with the Powers of Grayskyll, and the barbaric past of Eternia, and probably will continue with the Son of He-Man Era.

I beliveve that this has to do with Teela's destiny becoming the new Sorceress of Grayskull.

That's too passive. She's going to become the new wielder of the Power Sword and become She-Man!

I don't give two shits about He-Man but this made me curious enough to see how the show actually ended, so I booted up the series finale to see where they could go with this.

... It's just He-Man saving some snake people and laughing at the end. What's the point of a continuation?

Attached: cave he-man.jpg (1066x1600, 428K)

>Woman has a role
OH NOOOO, lads, how does this keep haapening to us??

you bet

Maybe based on the original concept for the 200x chartoon which was supposed to be a sequel, where Skeletor finally one, had the sword, and He-Man and his friends were more of a resistance. He-Man was going to use a technological artificial Power Sword, which is why the sword design looked that way in the 200x chartoon and why Skeletor's sword was a two-part blade.

Ordinarily, I'm not one of those guys who immediately assumes the worst based on just the first word of a new series.

But I seriously couldn't give two fucks about Teela or her "destiny" and couldn't give less of a shit about a Teela-centric series.

Attached: mantenna.jpg (480x360, 22K)

>Kevin Smith
What if He-Man and Skeletor just smoked some weed and chilled out

Don't think so. The question around Grayskull's Power was always guarded by the Sorceress, not the wielder of the Sword of Power. And since this series follows the events of the first series, we already know that Teela's destiny is to be the next Sorceress of Grayskull.

Not...sure if want?

I guess if its still as campy as the old show it'll be fun...

>She-Man
>She-Woman
Kek

Get out of the 80's Grandpa! It's her turn!

The idea seems to be to give a big "final battle" and they're likely just using the status quo of the original cartoon to avoid having to build up to it from an original set up.

If Teela is Frodo and He-Man is Aragorn you can still make a pretty comeplling story.

Shut the fuck up, Boco, Jesus Christ!

If you read the announcement, this series follows the 80's series continuity...

Fucking Orko and Cringer RRAAAAGGGHHH!

But thats the only way He-Man works now!

Oh boy, get ready for the series finale "surprise lesbians" in the last 10 minutes! Never seen that happen before!

Oh shit! Netflix saw my He man thread and twitter hashtag! Feakin’ Epic

No it isn't.

No one is ever going to take the series seriously again after the countless gay jokes, the Geico commercial, and the Four Non Blondes song.

Kevin Smith said that it would be faithful to the original show and not blow things up like some shows based on past IPs do, but have things in it like sword fights and Skeletor having more success.

If people like you shut the fuck up about them, other people would forget that shit.

They've been watching Pixel Dan's toy reviews to get character details, so maybe there'll be some more slightly serious tones to it since his reviews bring up the Classics continuity.

>Kevin Smith

Attached: whitedude.jpg (396x434, 36K)

>He-Man having sword fights
This will only further the gay argument, mind.

I guarantee most news outlets will bring that stuff up anyway. At least the gay undertones.

>picks up where the old show left off

Let me toss a hypothetical at you guys:
If this new show dealt more or less exclusively with things that were introduced to the franchise after 1985 (ie, ideas and characters which were too late to make it into the cartoon), would you be down?
I'm talking
>He-Ro
>Preternia
>The Ultimate Battleground
>Gwildor's Cosmic Key
>Snakemen
>Those cool battle dinosaurs
>Finally getting animated version of Clamp Champ, Extendar, Blast Attak, Mosquitor, Saurod, etc

Attached: preternia.jpg (1200x900, 409K)

>Netflix
>it's up to Teela to solve the...

Attached: Lure.gif (500x344, 999K)

Bring PRETERNIA please!!!

That would be great, but I'm not counting on it.

>Clamp Champ, Extendar, Blast Attak
Yuck, no.

>dinosaurs
Christ, this franchise really is "throw in whatever boys think is cool", isn't it?

I disagree with you, however the fact that you omitted
>Mosquitor, Saurod
from your greentext shows you have some taste, and can still be mah nigga

For this reason is awesome! MOTU is pure crazy Fantasy.

CYBORG Dinosaurs!
With lazers attached!

Attached: bionatops.jpg (1080x1080, 121K)

Mosquitor is rad and I'm a diehard 87 movie fanboy. Give me Blade and Karg!

>Slowly growing to like the new She-ra
>Now this news

This is a fucking amazing time to be a MotU fan.

Attached: cattt.png (610x354, 151K)

>MFW Is a monkey's paw wish.

Attached: 231146.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Hell yeah!

Attached: tumblr_nburz2cuOm1scpq9co1_1280.jpg (700x518, 123K)

Honestly the originals were just shitty series made to sell shitty toys. The new She-Ra is a lot better once you take off the rage-goggles.

Attached: Catra Swaddle 2.jpg (1968x1415, 256K)

That's a cool promotional pic.

>Honestly the originals were just shitty series made to sell shitty toys
So you never watched the original cartoons with any kind of an open mind. Good to know.

The fuck are you on about, the people who made the show and toys admitted on multiple occasions that the He-Man show was solely made to shill the toyline.

True, but the campiness of the the original is the big charm of it.

To be honest I would have prefered if this was a continuation of the 2002 series

Attached: classic outfits.png (1086x616, 738K)

so more sjw and feminist propaganda?
white men apparently aren't allowed to be portrayed as heroic or masculine in modern media these days.
everything has to be about an empowered ugly looking lesbian fighting the patriarchy

But it wasn't shitty, and the showrunner explicitly made it something moreso than a glorified commercial, injecting every episode with a lesson for being a decent human being(beyond the silly end-episode psas).

Why do white people think cucumbers are spicy?

>it wasn't shitty,

Attached: 1445735895936.gif (227x224, 12K)

NO SKELETOR NO BUY FAGGOT

Attached: skeletor.gif (500x375, 1.52M)

They'll make him gay. After all those years of jokes they'll just make it official and be done with it

Okay what the fuck happened at Grayskull and why does it give you power when you invoke its name

Holy Fucking Shit! You're getting a Fucking He-Man reboot by a man who clearly loves the franchise and you still complain!

Attached: 1565993379001.jpg (357x402, 14K)

It’s not a reboot. And just because Kevin Smith loves something doesn’t mean he’s automatically a genius or qualified to continue the story.
Kevin Smith likes all the capeshit, his Batman comics were awful

>You're getting a Fucking He-Man reboot by a man who clearly loves the franchise and you still complain!

Then why does the description make it sound like a Teela show?
He-Man fans don't want "The Adventure of Teela."
They want He-Man vs Skeletor

With any luck, though, it's just a deceptive synopsis to appease progressives.

Adam and Teela will hook up

Their son will be the one who's gay

Wait, Kevin Smith? Dogma Kevin Smith? Thats a pity.

Pot destroyed his ability to make good content.

Exactly this. And they also said that the series's animated series will resemble the original MOTU box art by William George! This is getting better and better.

Anyone else hate conservatives?

>A direct continuation pretending the old show was good instead of something more akin to the 200x series
>Anime
>Kevin Smith
Great.
I mean I am glad it isn't getting She-Raed but fuck all of that noise.

Attached: 1565030027270.png (325x375, 116K)

I didn’t mention political views at all you dunce.
Kevin Smith is an incompetent idiot.

Dude they explicitly injected a lesson into every episode to avoid being accused of being a half hour long commercial.

digits and it's CAL-ARTS'D

And they were still better than ninety percent of modern trash cartoons.
Do yourself a favor and give it a try. I used to think the same way.
>youtube.com/user/HeMan

Meaning it won’t be reboot,but instead have the characters already have history with each other.

>Original He-Man series Sequel Announce
YAY
>>>>>>>>>>Superstar director Kevin Smith
HELL GOD BABY DAMN NO

Attached: 1489984955380.jpg (480x480, 13K)

>Continuation of 80s show
>Not a continuation of the 2002 series

That plus fucking Kevin Smith as the showrunner give me zero hype for this. At least She-ra is good so far.

Attached: skeletor out.gif (400x300, 1.58M)

Eh, not thrilled, but at least it's better than what I thought we'd get: boomer He-Man vs competent for once Skeletor, with both dying in the end.

>by a man who clearly loves the franchise
why would he make the focus on the show all about a woman then? Speicherhalle since women already have their own show?

>it's better than what I thought we'd get:
>boomer He-Man vs competent for once Skeletor, with both dying in the end
>implying that doesn't sound amazing

I kinda want boomer He-Man
>*kicks King Hiss' ass*
>*sip* Now, Skeletor...there was a REAL archenemy

>Doesn't know about OG masters trying to teach kids positive morals each episode or funimation keeping animation in studio instead of out sourcing
>Forgets the great 2002 reboot that had good animation, interesting fights, expanded eternia lore, and kept the moral lessons

Nu-ra fans are fucking cancer

OK, but why the 80's series? I know because of nostalgia, but who asked for it?
They're not going to have too many options, really. They can't make it too serious or else it'll ruin that cheesey, campiness people remember it for and throw off the continuation angle. But, if they still continue with the camp and throw in serious moments, or if they go too far with the cheese,it could come off as more of a parody rather than a continuation.
It would be like if they continue Batman:Brave and the Bold but have the story more like Btas. It wouldn't work for various reasons.

What makes She-Ra work (somewhat) is that it did its own thing and was seperate from the original.
If they wanted to continue anything, why not continue the 2002 series instead??
Or, better yet, just not do it.

Would much rather have a continuation of Thundercats 2011 instead.

Lads, are any of the He-Man comics good?

Attached: terror-claws---07.jpg (1100x721, 527K)

Pretty much all of them, honestly.
The original minicomics are simple, but have a lot of charm.
The DC comics are pretty highly regarded
And the crossovers are GOAT

Right? 2002 had far more impactful continuity. I don't know where they are planning to go given that the original didn't really need a continuation. Its got a loose timeline so you can just watch some random episodes and not be lost in continuity.

The only silver lining to this is the fact that if Netflix has the rights to this, we may see He-man in Lesbians of Power.

If you are a fan of the 1987's movie, He-Man and the other characters from the movie, will appear in the new MOTU comic by DC, alongside with the other versions of He-Man.

Attached: 66645549_422892211907698_8738419775138832782_n.jpg (1080x1080, 180K)

It was filmation

BY THE POWER OF LUNDGREN
I WILL BREAK HIM!

>Crita and Optikk

...no fucking way. Hoyl shit

No. Rob David, Mattel's responsable for MOTU already excluded that He-Man will appear in the new She-Ra series.

>Kevin Smith

Attached: skeletor out.gif (560x433, 1.92M)

He-Man fans don't generally like that movie. Even New Adventures gets more praise.

>Alan Oppenheimer is 89 years old

>New He-Man
>it's directed by Kevin Smith
Yea Forums's MONKEY PAW STRIKES AGAIN!

Attached: The_Monkey's_Paw.jpg (2000x1400, 669K)

He-Man fans have shit fucking taste.
The majority of the complaints about the movie usually boil down to "not muh Filmation cartoon!"

The only (imo) really valid criticism of the movie is too much time spent on Kevin and Julie.(well, that and MAYBE Lundgren not being a good actor, but it's an 80s action sci-fi, I don't expect an award winning performance, just a guy who looks the part)

Other than that, sure, let He-Man go to Earth, who cares? As long as whatever human ally he makes remains simply a hanger-on to the action (similar to how humans usually work in a Transformer show) and don't detract from the action

It had a few moments of pure gold but overall it was a trash fire..

Source? I'm not finding anything on google.

This. Just. This.

Indeed DC did a great job with the MOTU comics.

And there isa new MOTU mini series coming by DC, November:

"HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE MULTIVERSE #1
written by TIM SEELEY
art by DAN FRAGA and RICHARD FRIEND
cover by INHYUK LEE
variant cover by DAN FRAGA
The scourge of Anti-Eternia is unleashed on the Multiverse! Blazing a trail across the dimensions, he’s devastating each version of Eternia and stealing its power. Now it’s up to a ragtag team of surviving He-Men to recruit the one man in existence who might save them: Prince Keldor, the man who would be Skeletor! This all-new miniseries features the most iconic eras and beloved takes on the Masters of the Universe!
ON SALE 11.20.19
$3.99 US |1 OF 6 |32 PAGES

Attached: he-man-masters-of-the-multiverse-dc-comics-inhyuk-lee-1183419.jpg (504x765, 102K)

All of this.
Plus, Langella put his fucking SOUL into that movie.

>Netflix
>Kevin Smith

Hopes Deleted

This is what Rob David had to say on the subject at a Power-Con panel last year.

43:14 -46:48

youtube.com/watch?v=SU-5cs2T_eY

So is asking about Paul Dini's involvement not the obvious question?

Is he involved?

Met him last year, he's still super active and could be Skeletor

Well, that is disappointing, but I'm going to hold out hope that it could happen. That was 2018 and "Its not going to happen" is the type of thing you would say mid-negotation with Netflix.

Thanks for the sauce.

Unknown but the point is he's the most famous original He-Man show writer and he's best friends with Smith.

He also worked on some of the old mini comics, too.

So, does that mean we might get a He-man and She-Ra crossover?

Did they cancel the live action movie in development? Adam was supposed to be a beta cuck larper in that one, and teela saves the day over and over. Sounds like it.

See

I seriously doubt this is set in stone, especially with this new show. Netflix is putting money into making a He-Man AND She-Ra shows with no ability to crossover? Doesn't seem realistic.

Ahh that sucks. I really wanted to see that happen. Might as well make a wish on the monkey paw.

Attached: 1404292361197.png (149x252, 95K)

That movie has been in development hell with so many scripts and so many directors, I wouldn't count on anything unless filming started.

Attached: Revelation.jpg (385x490, 56K)

Anyone have any leads on digital versions of the 80s DC comics and Star Comics? I have yet to find them anywhere.

Attached: 4465213.jpg (600x885, 168K)

Remember that scene in Shazam where Superman goes to sit down with the kids. The scene is going to be vaguely reminiscent of that. That way, it fucks over both He-Man and She-Ra fans.

Attached: prince adam.png (1920x1080, 264K)

The *crossover* is going to be vaguely reminiscent of that

>They can't make it too serious or else it'll ruin that cheesey, campiness people remember it for
Pretty sure they will be doing that, since the whole premise seems to be about a big final battle that changes everything. Starting from the 80s series is just because it's the most remembered one, but they clearly have no intention of following its style.

>animated by the people behind the adventures of kid danger
LOL

Here's the first screenshot of the show.

Attached: he-man-2020-preview.jpg (960x540, 66K)

Absolutely disgusting youtu.be/-fggpu3JohU

Wonder what level of kevin smith-ness it'll have?

Ha ha his name is fisto, get it? Because he fists dudes? It's funny because how gay it sounds!
or
Orko gets killed in the first 5 minutes

Probably to sell toys, aka, the point behind the original show?

Well. Since this new MOTU animated series is based on the 80's series, there is a possibility, that the original She-Ra make an appearance, but not the Nu-Ra.

There should be a two-part He-Man and She-Ra crossover, with one part in this edgelord thing's style, and the other in the She-Ra style.

At least its the Castlevania animation team on it this time.

I hope not. But they have already said that He-Man will not appear in the "when Catra will bang She-Ra" cartoon.

Like this?

Attached: 3dTimmyand2djimmy.jpg (1042x786, 65K)

Exactly.

Of course it will
As long as I still keep getting the DC He-Man comics I don't even care

>Anime

Attached: disgusted-homer-57b1df51a45ab.jpg (600x886, 35K)

Me too. I' more than happy that DC brings more MOTU comics.

>News outlets

Because I care what a bunch of whiney 20 somethings have to say about a cartoon I watched on Saturday mornings.

I for one hope to enjoy this on a saturday morning with a bowl of sugary cereal

>Netflix original anime
It's being made in Japan or for the Japanese?

BECAUSE HE WILL FUCKING SHOVE AND PUSH HIS DAUGHTER AS THE VA FOR TEELA!

MOTHERFUCKER, FATSO, SHITTER!

>sword of power is missing as the core mystery of the show
>No sword of power means no he man

This is dumb.

Shut up, anything can be anime now! Accept the ability for large corporations to appropriate the terms of other cultures!

It could be like the plot from the DC mini series of 2012, when the Sword of Power was hidden by the Sorceress, and Adam and Teela went on a quest to retrieve it.

To be blunt, nobody wants a he man series revival that doesn't have heman show up until the show is almost over.

I'm so excited for this Teela story.

Attached: 1566093077028.png (918x882, 1.11M)

WTF ?
This is a big fucking awake moment for me and it is real

>Kevin Smith
>Netflix

Attached: 4ttbod5.jpg (711x477, 165K)

hahaha, this past decade has been so shit.

Highly doubt that.

If it gives all the other Masters a chance to really shine, I'd be completely down for it. I just really hope my boy Duncan is a beast in this.

Oh cool, a new He-Man sho-

>He-Man MIA
>Main character is Teela

Sasuga Netflix.

>Girls get She-Ra
>Boys get Teela

Why does this keep happening?

Attached: 7ADF49DF-6D16-4C22-8C48-EA11204385B9.jpg (861x1024, 56K)

Maybe they’ll pull a Thor and have Teela assume the title of He-Man, or would that be too on the nose for Netflix’s agenda?

Attached: F4CC1738-2415-467D-B6DE-7858F8B79D16.jpg (360x202, 18K)

This is He-Man say something nice about him.

Attached: He-Man actually.png (998x675, 865K)

Attached: 1551219379194.webm (718x720, 973K)

I'd put down big money that if that's the direction they go with the show that you'll see that exact criticism repeated often here and on other sites.

Why does everyone hate based Shad?

A lot of his art is kind of crap honestly.

It isn't, really. Some can go overboard but by and large they can look pretty good.

It’s heartbreaking how my first reaction when seeing this is produced by Netflix is “how will they fuck this up?”, followed immediately by “who will they reveal as gay?”

My money is on Stratos or Mekaneck btw.

Attached: AAD0D21F-885C-4F3B-BCDF-F4C82DE1AB39.jpg (500x281, 52K)

>My money is on Stratos or Mekaneck btw.
Not the obvious gay icons of He-Man and Skeletor?

source?
if so then fuck shit dick tit

But will based MYAH man be in it? I will not watch unless that is the case.

>Netflix
Gee, I wonder which character will be blackwashed...

They also did Castlevania don't worry

orko hopefully not brownwashed just a shadow imp
does castlevania have good animation in that team's episodes?

Anime is now anything that's not bean mouth CalArts shit now, apparently.

More like T-Man

Yes. At least this sounds more promising than the live action one in 2021.

>dat Crita

show me more.

Don't forget "anime"

Why do you talk like this?

No, not really. He uses shitty coloring and memes to mask his shit art. If he wasn't such a try hard edgelord nobody would even know who he was, his art is just that forgettable

The She-Ra show is fucking bad, and the artstyle is bland as fuck, i just want 2002 He-Man back.

Samurai Jack had as much over-arching plot as He-man and it still got a sequel to wrap everything up.

It had as much continuity as the original Transformers, which is to say it was there but only the writers themselves and hardcore autists remember much of it beyond vague strokes.

He-Man isn't that lucky. And honestly there's less to work with. With She-Ra they had the concept of "the hero was raised by the villains" which is actually a pretty neat start for characterization in a reboot.

He-Man is the heir to the throne that was handed superpowers and disguises himself as not-the-heir for no real reason. That's... not as good a starting place. It could be done, but you would really have to roll up your sleeves to think of not-shitty angles, characterization wise.

They'll probably lean into "it's sci-fi barbarians" and go action-heavy, plot/characterization-light.

Cringer.

That was just the last episode produced.

The cast and crew and a large portion of the fans consider "The Problem with Power" to be the true Final Episode. Skeletor tricks He-Man into thinking he killed an innocent bystander Adam tries to give up being He-Man and... yeah, I don't want to give away anything (though he obviously gets his job back as She-Ra takes place after He-Man) but it's a good episode.

Personally I consider the Christmas Special to be the VERY final episode of both shows, mostly on the grounds that you really can't go anywhere but down after having Skeletor save Christmas.

>Adam tries to give up being He-Man and... yeah
Does that explain why the main focus appears to be on Teela?

The idea behind He-Man AND She-ra is about self empowerment.

Adam is technically heir to the throne but very few people think he's anything but a fop, his dad clearly doesn't think he's qualified for the job, yet every day he goes out and becomes the Most Powerful Man in the Universe and does what's right. He's the one really serving the kingdom and its people. Only he foregoes any credit or recognition for it and pays for his secret identity by having to pretend to be what everyone thinks he is: a loser.

Adora's deal is technically that even someone from a troubled upbringing, or in this case villainous background can be a hero for the downtrodden.

>Adam is technically heir to the throne but very few people think he's anything but a fop,

Having rewatched a good few eps recently, I kinda want to call shenanigans on that. Maybe "fop" was something in eps I didn't rewatch, but from what I saw he was treated as a likable but unpowered normie. Not a combatant, but not considered a pansy or anything either.

More to the point, it's a secret identity without a good reason for it. If he saved the day once then revealed "it was me, Adam, all along!" there would be no reason for anyone to do anything but celebrate that the heir to the throne is also an ass-kicker.

I'm not saying you couldn't manufacture some stuff about them wanting to keep him safe or some malarky, I'm just saying it's way harder to mine the He-Man concept for cool character conflicts.

She-Ra: the hero in the original was stated to have been literally raised by the bad guys, a concept that the reboot examined in more detail, saying she's used to seeing the heroes as the enemy (and vice versa), and she would be expected to have strong relationships with several of the people she's now expected to fight.

He-Man: Adam was raised as royalty then given a sword. A reboot could maybe do something about how the expectations of royalty are not very combat heavy? Maybe?

One concept REALLY sets up stuff that would be nifty characterization-wise, and the other is He-Man.

>Director Kevin Smith
It will never come out.

>He-Man: Adam was raised as royalty then given a sword. A reboot could maybe do something about how the expectations of royalty are not very combat heavy? Maybe?

Maybe it's about how a royal should be able to lead an army, but not be on the frontlines dueling with their evil as FUCK uncle for the fate of the planet.

Also, I think the show runner for She-Ra said they while they would like to include the likes of He-Man, the trick is that they're no where near close enough to Eternia.

In both the 80s cartoon and the 2002 reboot, it's expressly stated several times that Adam has been forbidden to reveal his secret because it gives Skeletor and any halfwit badguy on Eternia means to get at him by kidnapping/killing/whatever his family and loved ones. Admittedly Skeletor always attacks the palace, but even he would become more effective if he could just magic-snipe Adam when the dude's not powered up.

In the original cartoon, Adam's really a great guy, but there are more than a few episodes where his dad rags on him for being a coward or irresponsible (Prince Adam No More being the best of them-- Adam even flat out hints that he's He-Man and his father refuses to put the pieces together.)

In the 02 cartoon this is really brought to the forefront, and Adam actually IS a spoiled brat (to the point where he volunteered man-At-Arms to be Eternia's hero when the Sorceress told *Adam* it was his destiny) though deep down is really a decent person and quickly sacks it up to do the right thing even if it costs him his father's respect by continuing to act like a coward. But he sure as shit doesn't like it.

Then there's also the...okay the admittedly terrible sequel pitch of He-Ro: Son of He-Man (No, this isn't a joke.) But it did raise a point: Adam becomes king and he cannot be in two places at once as King and as He-Man and so he has to give up the sword to a successor. Him having a secret identity and while his dad's calling the shots gives him more freedom to do what's needed to save the day.

>In both the 80s cartoon and the 2002 reboot, it's expressly stated several times that Adam has been forbidden to reveal his secret because it gives Skeletor and any halfwit badguy on Eternia means to get at him by kidnapping/killing/whatever his family and loved ones.

The loved ones being the monarchy. So... kinda already targets.

Look, I'm not saying that you can't think of angles to do character-driven stuff with He-Man. You absolutely can. I'm just saying it doesn't come as easily as the story where the hero literally considered the baddies her family for most of her life.

When they rebooted She-Ra they looked at the source material and went "holy shit, there's a ton of angles we could do with this concept."

With He-Man there's some angles you could do for character-driven shit, but it would just make more sense to go "fuck it" and embrace the fact that it's Conan with lasers.

>it's going to be the He-man you THINK you remember rather than what it was
youtube.com/watch?v=NVppuv9Pcqk

But Skeletor usually ignores Adam unless he nabs the entire royal family. Which doesn't happen often. In exactly one episode he thinks to capture Adam to lure He-Man into a trap (by capturing Cringer to lure Adam into a trap...)

What I'm saying is there are benefits to the anonymity.

But honestly, if I wanted to read a Conan story, I'd go read a Conan story. Or Warlord comics if I wanted Conan with lasers. He-Man just risks of getting try-hard edgelording without the Silver-Age super hero aesthetic in some capacity applied to the mythos. I realize I'm in the minority on Yea Forums by saying this, but the DC comics that *didn't* cross him over with other series weren't enjoyable to me. Especially the first two which were just shit. Hack writing, point missing, confusing contradictions and didn't have He-Man DO anything for much of it. The ones that came after the first DCU event I'll grant were monumentally much, much better, but no super hero vibe just seems to lead to shitty, boring storytelling based on the examples I've seen.

The main character's name is "He-Man."

There was a 8-year window where kids could just about accept that. Those days are gone, and the character's name now reeks of trying too hard. "I'm Man-Male!"

The only road forward for the character is appealing to nostalgiafags, and nostalgiafags aren't going to forget the last 20+ years of noticing that wow the original cartoon was kinda fucking gay-looking now that you mention it.

The frogs call anime to their cartoons too.

>PIXEL DAN INTERVIEW WITH KEVIN SMITH ON HIS NETFLIX HE-MAN SERIES

PIXEL DAN INTERVIEW WITH KEVIN SMITH ON HIS NETFLIX HE-MAN SERIES

youtube.com/watch?v=mUPxr2fhLAk

Attached: evil-lyn.png (720x511, 785K)

>Kevin Smith
Fucking god no

Y'all are acting like it won't be EXACTLY like the way the Zim movie started.

"He's been missing, all these years..." [Suddenly, before the opening credits even start] "Oh, there he is."

>There was a 8-year window where kids could just about accept that.

I remember kids making fun of that on the playground. I'm pretty sure the name was something that the toymakers figured would sell toys to kids obsessed with Strong Heroes, but he was mocked for his name from day one.

I liked the original Filmation series but if any MOTU series deserved a revival that was the 2002 He-man cartoon.

Feh.

2002 was a bog-standard action cartoon, anyone claiming otherwise is deluding themselves. Fucking Mighty Max had more going for it.

Marc Bernardin is a writer. I will guarantee right fuckin now clamp champ is in

>Christ, this franchise really is "throw in whatever boys think is cool", isn't it?
you act like that's a bad thing

have you seen the WWE crossover toys they're doing?

the Minicomics are amazing and there's an excellent collection of them that's dirt cheap for how much content you get

Attached: He-Man Mini-Comic.png (834x1618, 3.29M)

>you act like that's a bad thing

Just acknowledging that they didn't give a rat's ass about consistency or anything, just threw in anything that boys might think was cool.

If one was looking for this shad on sad panda... what would it be called

this comic was great

Attached: masters-of-the-universe.png (411x413, 248K)

>Also, if it's REALLY a Filmation sequel, they better do the Filmation animation.
Do you really want that? I have a feeling it would be really "ironic" and self-mocking if they did that. I'd rather they just update the style.

This but unironically.

People are focusing too much on Kevin Smith here. His writing team is far more important. I'll cop to being a fan, but even he says he's mostly a cheerleader of a director. It's the writers that will matter most because Kevin is just going to say yes to everything.

Eric Carrasco
Started out writing Star Wars fan films. Wrote a few JLAction. Mostly does supergirl

Tim Sheridan
JLAction, Scooby Doo and the 13th Ghost, Reign of Supermen

So far, at least solid need cred.

Marc Bernardine
He's Kevin's black friend. Theres going to be more color in the He-Man. I havent seen Castle Rock. He's the 'why cant spider man be black?' guy.
I don't know how good his actual writing. He makes interesting enough conversation with Kevin. But how he actually writes? Not a clue. Kevin got his buddy a job.

Diya Mishra
Fuck. She was a production assistant on that horrendous DC Powers sitcom. And The Tick. This looks like her first real job writing for a show. PA's are pretty much there to fetch coffee. So at least the other shows say nothing about her writing.
But Kev is a cheerleader that never says no. And this is a show starring Teela. Probably why its starring Teela.

Were just going to get a few niggas bwcaude He Man was really white.

>>The war for Eternia begins again! Superstar director Kevin Smith continues the original series’ story right where it left off in Masters of the Universe: Revelation
Wait what did I miss?

I was pretty blah when I heard Kevin Smith was in charge but this interview made me want to give the show a chance.

Also the studio who handled Castlevania is handling this.

This, the comics have been good. Still I wish I could get some new She-Ra content outside of the Netflix stuff.

>the studio who handled Castlevania is handling this.
I don't get Netflix's definition of anime. Its not even like Cannon Busters where the production was mostly in Japan.

So will they be able to use the Horde or is that strictly She-Ra's territory now.
I guess it's just a certain style? It's pretty stupid, I agree on that.

i remember a comedian drawing attention to the fact that adam wore pink, then when no one was looking 'came out' as this big buff greasy warrior.

the point was, he-man was a metaphor for coming out of the closet and i cant shake that statement

You know something. I don't give a damn about "characterizations", and "relationships between the characters". MOTU was always mindless, crazy High Fantasy with world building. It was LotR meets Johc Carter, meets Star Wars, meets Mad Max, meets Superman. This is MOTU's appeal. And of course a fantastic main villain named Skeletor, with a very complicated past as Keldor.

What makes you think "Dinosaurs exist and we can put cybernetics and lasers on them" is "inconsistent" for a fictional fantasy setting where you can make up whatever you want?

Edgy asshole who pretends he didnt draw the things he did.

Exactly.

Attached: RCO555.jpg (1066x1600, 593K)

Doedn't Marc Bernardin work on this? He's a shit writer but for some reason Smith loves him. He's also a turbo sjw.

Attached: MV5BNjI1MDY5NTM0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzE5NDY5._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg (214x317, 13K)

Orko gets killed in the first 5 minutes by Fisto fisting him too hard.

I'm sorry but the new She-Ra has raised my expectations for future MOTU and 80's cartoon reboots/remakes.
>complex hero-villain relationship
>gray morality
>cat girls
if they don't have those. then forget you. unless you wanna ape Thundercats Roar and just embrace the silliness

Attached: 1564573892815.jpg (759x506, 63K)

The MOTU series is not a reboot, but a sequel of the original series. And thank God, because the last thing that i want to see from a MOTU series is the Nu-Ra soap opera and melodrama. Just give me barbarians fighting skull face wizard, cyborgs, dragons, Snake Men and dinosaurs.

I love Filmation He-Man and She-Ra, but they're still shitty toy commercials and they're not better than modern cartoons (80's She-Ra is clearly the better product) and it's a miracle that it has a reboot that improves on everything the original tried to do and I want the same for He-Man but the "anime series" thing and Kevin Smith being involved is not giving me any hope.
I'm ok with Teela taking on a bigger role because of her background and the potential it has for a more elaborate story, but this is just an admission that the He-Man character is incapable of nuance.

>though he obviously gets his job back as She-Ra takes place after He-Man
So then "direct sequel to the classic era of Masters of the Universe" probably means after both shows.

goes to show how much the cartoon did for the franchise. MYAH Skeletor is THE Skeletor, not the 20X edgelord or the ones from the comics.

Attached: 1552642396174.jpg (938x601, 123K)

Is matter of personal taste. She-Ra is about family and personal drama and shit like that. He-Man is about action and adventure, and fighting skull faced wizards while riding giant armored felines, in a post apocalyptic alien world.

>because the last thing that i want to see from a MOTU series is the Nu-Ra soap opera and melodrama. Just give me barbarians fighting skull face wizard, cyborgs, dragons, Snake Men and dinosaurs.
GRUG NO LIKE CHARACTERS TALKING AND FEELING. ME WANT SEE STRONG GUY HIT THING!

Langella will always be the best Skeletor.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ek2ArdQM4c

Thank fuck, get dabbed on dyke ra

Post which characters you want to see appear

Attached: 61B5FBCA-57A0-4312-8F8B-6263CABBC6A0.jpg (509x518, 30K)

As i said MOTU has always has to do with that. Barbarians with lasers fighting skull faced wizards, hero quest, world building, light adventure etc. If i wanted to see something like a soap opera, i wouldn't choose MOTU.

probably "ROAR'd", as boy shows forbid all antagonism these days, and prefer to promote """"self awareness"""" and fart joke0 over battles and action.

I dont want to see all the cool monsters and aliens strramlined into generic anime twinks and have coffee shop AU hijinks, that shit ruined she ras reboot.
>liking dyke she ra
How many layers of soi are you on?

I think the original MOTU cartoon would even go over your head. The fact that they take even a minute or two to address what the moral of the episode is would make you mad that the strong good guy isn't punching the bad guy.

I'd rather it be a sequel to the '02 CN reboot.

>let's reboot He-man
>let's not have He-man in it
at least have the balls to call it a spin off holy shit

>barbarians fighting skull face wizard, cyborgs, dragons, Snake Men and dinosaurs
> action and adventure, and fighting skull faced wizards while riding giant armored felines, in a post apocalyptic alien world
but that's not what the filmation cartoon was, only at surface level maybe but at its core, the cartoon was full of dull PSA episodes with some actually meaningful stories here and there, and since Smith is saying that this is a continuation of THAT, also he's promising an epic adventure that will end with "He-Man and Skeletor's final battle" I can't help but think this whole idea will be misguided from the start.
He-Man shouldn't take itself seriously, it's why the 20X series was such a flop. these colorful characters from a power fantasy cartoon are not meant for complex and serious stories, that's what She-Ra, The Great Rebellion and the Evil horde are for.

Attached: 1538906435325.png (640x468, 580K)

The show is called Masters of the Universe: Revelation. That should be enough to show that He-Man isn't the main focus. He will be in the final battle with Skeletor but who knows how much screen time he will get compared to Teela.

>why wouldn't the character with the most interesting backstory be the main character?
make Teela the main character, only then you will have a story to tell.

Attached: 1541307165426.png (640x478, 384K)

She ra shouldnt be all dykes either, the horde should be more flamboyant and monstrous especially

Personally i don't have problem wit that. Especially if Teela wears her meta bra bikini outfit.

Attached: galsofgrayskull-colors-variant-sm_full.jpg (925x1225, 534K)

He-Man would work great as the new Space Ghost
Have him live in the suburbs and be neighbours with Skeletor like Squidward and Spongebob

Since She-Ra fans got what they wanted, why they don't just deal with their new series, and let MOTU fans enjoy that they also have a new series?

Teela was kind the Red Sonja of the MOTU world

Ah. That's a very good shit episode user.
I'm actually cry in front of my telly.

Have you ever seen the origin of why Battle Cat even exists?
youtube.com/watch?v=WM9qeu_4Osg

youtube.com/watch?v=cW_IuYlf7is

yes

retards like you are a plague to human evolution, holy shit.

I hope, I really like the new She-Ra. Season "3" (second half of 2) was amazing.

It's Kevin Smith, so I'd be fucking shocked if we don't get some sort of reference to "What's Up?" in there somewhere.

I'm gonna say what we're all thinking.
Snake Teela is hotter than regular Teela.

Tyrantisaurus Rex is my new porn name.

Okay, y'know, I'll accept that this is a girl friendly cartoon and whatever... but aren't they still always in a state of perpetual war? Why are half the characters built like the sensibly dressed woman who works at the DMV? They don't even have to be big tittied Frazetta paintings... just built like people who don't have lunch at Panera five days a week.

Fine for you. Just keep this shit out of MOTU, and just give us "days of high adventure".

Oh wow! it's a netflix "we can't do good original series so we f!#$" your well done lovely classics" episode.

Attached: heart.jpg (540x674, 27K)

>f!#$"
You need to be 18 years old to post here, kiddo. Come back in ten years.

"Well done lovely classic" are the last words anyone should ever use to describe the original He-Man cartoon.

>He-man
>Well done classic

Is that a Calico M950?

>trumpvoters.jpg

Yeah pretty much, anime has become the one stop shop of how to get people to respect your animated product. It's pretty dogshit.

Glimmer teleports everywhere instead of walking, of course she's going to look a little chunky.

>You know something. I don't give a damn about "characterizations", and "relationships between the characters". MOTU was always mindless, crazy High Fantasy with world building. It was LotR meets Johc Carter, meets Star Wars, meets Mad Max, meets Superman. This is MOTU's appeal. And of course a fantastic main villain named Skeletor, with a very complicated past as Keldor.

Hey, not saying it's a bad thing. user asked if they would make the new show like She-Ra. She-Ra has action, but skews more toward character-driven shit with the characters questioning themselves or Adora going through psychological shit because she's fighting the people she grew up with.

He-Man ain't gonna go that route. The source material doesn't lend itself to psychological shit. It's probably going to be more smashy smashy, and there's nothing wrong with that.

So no Castlevania S3 this year?

The two heftiest characters are Glimmer and Netossa. Glimmer can teleport and her whole deal is that she was a bit of a spoiled princess. Her dad died and her mom overreacted and got very protective and probably spoiled the kid a little. Spinnerella is meant to be mom-aged herself, can fly, and lives faaaar from the frontlines. Them being pretty zaftig is surprisingly not disbelief-breaking. I don't know if it was intentional, but the show picked the two characters who could be most easily explained for that body type.

Oof, not sure how to feel about the writer for Castlevania doing He-man. Looks like it's Powerhoise animation is involved again, so we can't go wrong there.

Powerhouse, bah.

Or that the plot revolves around Teela finding out the truth and what that means for Adam, meaning they'd have to just work together as usual. You're just jumping the gun at this point, especially since He-man is inseperately tied to the Sorceress and the Power of Greyskull.

There's black characters in He-man though, such as Zodak and Clamp Champ. Probably will use one of them.

Oh man. They’re going to SJW it aren’t they?

>mfw they race swapped my nigga Zodak

Whatever, just stay the fuck away from Triclops! He's a proud white three eyed man.

Attached: he-man_and_the_masters_of_the_universe_1983.zodac.jpg (394x288, 74K)

This is a different one, he just took on the name in respect to his mentor. Basically they made a new story around the redesign.
he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Zodak

Finally. Now stop bitching that they prefer lesbians over gays. Here you have your show.

Attached: he-man-skeletor-embrace.jpg (650x400, 55K)

As in each episode will end on a "lesson of the week" just like the original and 00s runs did?

It ain't my usual cup of tea ... but I did enjoy it.

I guess dropping 'He-Man' from the title should have been a clue...

Attached: 1280x720-NWQ.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

Adam got arrested for molesting little girls

Attached: 33-4-Kind-of-Creepy-Dude.jpg (640x488, 60K)

Are you four years old and raised by two dads?

>Post which characters you want to see appear

Every single character in this image.
Yes, even fucking Twistoid

Attached: Masters-of-the-Universe-Classics-Class-of-2015-Evil-Warriors.jpg (2000x1026, 475K)

>Shad-Man

>anime

Hopefully He-Ro will finally apppear with the rest of the Preternian cast.

Attached: RCO562.jpg (1066x1600, 274K)

Noticed that in the teaser poster, they had the original toy Sword of Power, not the Filmation one.

Bump.

>Skeletor had a fucking DRAGON MAN I never saw

Mattel is holding onto this one firmly and not letting it anywhere near She-ra

Lot of this hinges on getting Skeletor right

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (1280x720, 142K)

Did you buy the Masters of the Universe Classics toyline?

If not, there's your problem. Draego-Man was an original character created for that line. AFAIK he has not yet appeared in any comics or anything

I think his backstory is that he was created using DNA from the the Dragons of Darksmoke, and he's enemies with Stratos?

Attached: review_draego_5.jpg (500x649, 83K)

Do they just label anything as anime?

>character gets blackwashed
>Teela is a redhead
>Redheads always get blackwashed
>lust for black women overrides my disdain for making Teela the MC of He-Man's show

The only acceptable outcome

Real talk though, they could make Snout Spout black. No one knows what's under that elephant head anyway. If it's just a mask and not his real head, they could easily say he's a black guy underneath.
Or they could blackwash Jitsu or Ninjor to avoid any modern claims of stereotyping

Attached: index.jpg (227x222, 9K)

Im still waiting for a live action Heman movie that goes full 80's ham. Get those guys that did the heman commercials to do the costumes and make everyone buff as fuck. Even the women would be in big feminine muscle suits.

youtube.com/watch?v=nqhLn76kCv0

Attached: SKELETORD.jpg (600x450, 25K)

they could also introduce a version of Prince Dakon from the mini-comic The Secret Liquid of Life if they want a black member of the Masters

come to think of it, there's a lot of stuff from the mini-comics they should borrow for this new series

You mean just like the original one?

They need to pretend stuff like Castlevania and this are anime, because their actual anime content is shitting the bed and is constantly mocked.

God I love those two commercials the second one if my favourite
youtube.com/watch?v=-PgTjhx1VLw

>Netflix
Fuck.

Never forget the classics.

youtube.com/watch?v=De5jItQjT7Q

I had, maybe still do, a bunch of classic figures, but I think my country only got a fraction of the toyline. Most of the ones I've seen in regular stores were from the cartoon.

So, this is going to be following the events on Eternia while He-Man and Skeletor are in the future fighting for the fate of planet Primus during New Adventures?