They had an entire choreographed musical number prepared in case of an exile

>they had an entire choreographed musical number prepared in case of an exile

So do they have one of these for an execution? How would that song go?

Attached: 1460896554.png (520x348, 381K)

Hoooooly shit, I don't remember this song being so terrible.

Every animal was so sick of Scar's shit I am surprised they did not just wreck Kovu in a stampede.

>terrible

It's the high point of the movie though.

Fun Fact: Most herbivorous animals have poor eyesight, they don't really need it because their food doesn't move, to them, most lions look the same.
I wouldn't be surprised if Kovu looked exactly like scar to every animal thatsang

>Oh no he tried to kill a lion fuck this guy
>A lion
>The apex predator
>The animal that eats nearly all of us

Not mutually exclusive.

>the monkey's drumbeat animation being out of sync with the percussion
>the lack of lyrical progression, having to go a constantly rising crescendo chorus to make up time and fooling the audience into thinking something was happening
>it doesn't even advance the plot, just dragging what could've been a simple, silent scene like someone tied to a truck
>the designs of the non-lion animals being too anatomically correct, resulting in the animals looking really silly when singing
>doesn't tell the audience what we already knew
>every voice is either generically operatic or a caricature based on size. the combination of both of these makes it even more grating
>it's a disney sequel
I guess a bad movie has a bad high point.

>We must secure the existence of our species and a future for white lions.
What the fuck, Disney?

DECEPTION!

Attached: DSC0149.jpg (1150x766, 595K)

people like to pretend the lion king 2 songs are good just on the basis of them sounded okay.
in reality, there very shit

Even Kimba would be taken aback

Lion Guard has better songs, even out of context for those who despise the show story itself

sounding*
they’re*
my bad

To be fair, "He Lives in You" came from the stage musical. I think that's the only crossover, though.

DECEPTIOOOOON!
That song drew attention to the fact that most of the animals have american accents

Simba banned stampedes after claiming back the pridelands

He lives in you and My Lullaby are legitimately good

Was lion king 2 good?

Yeah good on the sequel team for including it from Rhythm of the Pridelands, even if the musical version is a lot more powerful

It's funny how none of the animals are scared of kovu even slightly

This is simba's face right before calling the exile, it looks like he's enjoying being a prick

Attached: simbasimba.png (2675x1624, 1.14M)

No hyenas, no problem. I would have loved to see the herds back Simba up against Zira. Outlanders would have surrendered upon crossing the river filled with K. Rool sized crocodiles.

>Dat chin
Are we sure Shere Khan isn't his father

You cannot deny that the reverse symbolism in this film is amazing

Attached: simbas_pride_4247.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

Meh, I figure Kovu wouldn't have looked like Scar's son if they had made up their minds sooner.

Too kino for this soulless cash grab

There's no way Kovu isn't Scar's son. He looks more like Scar than his actual son.

I remember once coming across some alt-right nazi parody version "We are one" called "We are White".

The message of TLK2 is the opposite of TLK1.
In TLK1 you can be born into responsibilities you don't want and forced into situations based on your bloodline, in TLK2 its your choice to make the mistakes of your ancestors

Except Kovu is not Scar's son!!!!???

RIP Walt Bismarck
>nazi
Loving your race and wanting it to survive doesn't make you a Nazi, Yea Forumsmblr.

So now we're acting like the songs in TLK2 were shit?

It's not

Yes. Join us. Short film One by One is better than Lion King 2.

Just listened to it for the first time ever cause i skipped that movie as a kid. Yes its mostly shit.

Which Disney movie has the worst songs?

I don't know why they couldn't have just been like "Yeah, Scar fucked around during that time he was king of the Pridelands." Would have made things a lot easier, I feel like, even if it would have still been a plothole to some degree.

Pocahontas

Narratively, why is Kovu being punished?
He was talking to simba and then a misunderstanding happens where Zira attacks simba. Kovu tries to save simba and doesn't help during the attack
Kovu's brother even dies in the process, yet both sides start shitting on kovu at the same time

They just had make this a Romeo and Juliet retelling.

Zira put it in Simba's brain that Kovu wanted Simba dead just as much as she did.

>Narratively
I haven't seen the movie in years but I'd guess to make him come off as more sympathetic as a character, like he gets blamed and challenged but still comes through, and to worsen the situation on both sides to escalate the whole conflict, like you said.

Did Simba actually see Kovu trying to help him, or was it one of those things where circumstantial bullshit prevents him? IIRC Zira gets some "all according to keikaku" dialogue to make it look like it was an ambush Kovu was in on, and Vitani kicks him into a rock or something during the attack to get him out of the way while they attack Simba. I don't remember just how obvious it would've been to Simba that Kovu was innocent in that scene.

Oh, right, the whole incest thing. That's why they had to say that Kovu wasn't literally Scar's son.

Still coulda been something stronger to solidify the whole shebang.

>Vitani kicks him into a rock
That was funny as fuck. It annihilated Kovu's innocence frame. He could have just waited for Simba on top during the dam scene.

I like We Are One.
It had Liquid Snake singing.

Anyone have that hilarious shot of the extremely pissed off antelope fading in to say "DECEPTION"

DECEPTION

I meant why storytelling wise
Thanks cool user

DISGRACE

Scar has an actual son now? Fucking Lion Guard.

Nuka is not confirmed to be Scar's biological son.