The next ones in line in the representation bandwagon

Latinos need more representation in both cartoons and comics but not just mexicans, countries like Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Uruguay and so on should be represented as well and not just like a common stereotype of themselves.
Someone should come up with good ideas for a good show with a latino cast with defined personalities heavily influenced by each other's cultures.

Attached: latincountryflags5.jpg (642x782, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yzu3a9vYE24
youtu.be/_PwPPllzDgg
youtube.com/watch?v=9Gtl7rsDJfY
youtu.be/KXTMGJi8yic
youtube.com/watch?v=GRr_2q3_qdw
youtu.be/wfcwDPOSogI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>for a good show with a latino cast
The southamericans hate between them the same way the Klan hate high melanin people. Also Brazil is their own country that is almost alien for the other.

Nah they don't hate each other it's like a bickering married couple that insult each other and provoke each other a lot but they love each other deeply and that's the reason they didn't divorced.

>chile
sea theme super hero
>peru
bird theme hero
>argentina
just a strong guy
>bolivia
also a bird theme hero, teams up whit the peruvian one
>ecuador
tribal hero
>colombia
broker anti hero
>venenzuela
a spy-underground theme hero
>paraguay
a small kid whit super strength
>uruguay
rich guy who larps as a super hero (?)
>guayana,french guayana and suriname
they dont speak spanish, but make them just generic martial artist brothers
>brazil
guy that can becomes a giant monkey and has monkey powers

>Guy that becomes a giant monkey and has monkey powers
I'm brazilian and even i don't know what the fuck having "monkey powers" means.

We just want Simpsons to be good again and an episode where they visit our country thanks

>>uruguay
>rich guy
We broke.

i am sorry to hear that
tough, that was the only cool idea i could had come whit
cmon

>paraguay
>a small kid with super strength
The fuck??

>argentina
>just a strong guy
More like the gay of the team

>Brazil
But they did, OP

Attached: 5500EE82-7177-4A18-970D-51E86F742DFB.jpg (512x383, 28K)

the chaco war and the triple alliance war gave me that idea

>>argentina
>just a strong guy

Argie here, a corrupt politician would be more accurate.

Baseado e vermelhopilulado

I hope this post is bait because it's cancerous as fuck

I know a great latin show, Los Pintin!

Attached: A648E208-F5DE-4098-A2BC-01D44F09AF6D.jpg (480x360, 41K)

It can can be both, nothing screams more current Argentina than an entittled beefcake SJW faggot

But the three tiny countries north of Brazil are not Latin.
And Chile does not speak Spanish.

Attached: 1507831402763.jpg (500x440, 54K)

>triple alliance war
I don't think Paraguay won that one.

i know, but its still awesome when you read the fact that they where winning againts 3 countrys till they fucked up in 1 battle

and this is why studios shouldn't try to represent countries and cultures of which they know nothing.

Attached: 1566150444.png (960x720, 807K)

Fuck South America, when is North America i.e. Native Americans getting stuff? I want my Long Shadow/Apache Chief book

Attached: Apache Chief.jpg (454x640, 31K)

Ah, I see your point user, funny thing. Paraguay has a lot of capes you can pull off based from the Guarani mythos. Also if you write normal people, you can make it even alike theur current pupulation, chaotic and diverse (no SJW shit) enough

Latin america is one of the most diverse places on Earth. I would be nice to have some Guarani inspiration for character, but everything dies in Peru and El Dorado.

Attached: cfm13640-celito-medeiros.jpg (600x600, 166K)

Not Yea Forums but Saint Seiya had three latino characters like pic related (argentinean)

>triple alliance war
You mean the one where paraguay got gangraped to death by all its neighbours and 80% of the male population died?

youtu.be/Yzu3a9vYE24

What about us?

Attached: 350px-Centroamerica_politico.png (350x268, 36K)

It's good to dream user, but that is delusional.

yes that one
also i think you forgot your picture

how about just making a regular ass hero south american without taking in account their race for their powers
2bh i was kinda low-key hoping sideways would be peruvian

I'd like more media based on south american wars like the War of the Triple alliance or the War of the pacific.

Attached: download (45).jpg (1400x1101, 394K)

But Argentina is rich and white user!!!

Attached: 4Chan - anime hackers.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

A long long time ago user.
Now days latinos are relegated to background/secondary characters and/or comedy relief.

I lived in all central american countries for almost 10 years...you can call them "little Mexicos but with cute ladies"

No, we really didn't
>You mean the one where paraguay got gangraped to death by all its neighbours and 80% of the male population died?
>80% of population, actually. There's a lot of stories you can pull off from it though.If Vietnam it's something to write from, Also that war had a lot of unexplored backgrounds

Come on!, everyone know Brazilians have monkey powers to play soccer

>Gay guy
>SJW
Argentina is not only Buenos Aires anons.

So a show about gangs fighting for territories? Just imagine all the violence and highly improper insults.

I've always find cringey the representation of latinamerica in murican toons, so please no, don't pick this user's idea.

Fugg. Sorry

Attached: 98BD5229-F74E-4AA4-BEF3-8A60F506C806.jpg (640x800, 135K)

Even Belice?

Yes but Albiore was anime only character.
And Crystal was anime only as well.
The only canonical latinos I remember are Aldebaran and Io de Scylla.

Nah, only Mexico matters apparently

Latinos are like mixs, rich ones are whiter than american whites, poors are indegineous like native americans, and middle class are like lottery can be cute or like the 56% face...

But every south to the border is Mexico, except Brazil, you know user, the famous monkey powers

>Rich
We are broke as fuck even more now with the election that are comming whichever we vote the country is doomed. We are close to become Venezuela any half-ass North American user from Yea Forums could come here with some dollars and live like a king.

>80% of the male population died
Finally I undestand why south americans are pussies, they can't even stand a war

They shouldn't have alienated the rest of its population, then

Mulatas can be cute, but they speak some kind of weird english...fucking licenos

It's not that they alienated the population, there is a looooooooooong story behind all of that and it can be synthetized in an easy phrase "Everything goes to Buenos Aires" in acient times.

>they can't even stand a war
both Brazil and Argentina were funded by (((United Kingdom))) in that war
>all south americans are pussies
How are you dealing with trannies brainwashing your kids, amerimutt?

Cancerous like your opinion user.

>We are close to become Venezuela
KEK you fucking desserve that

Actually they were in the manga as well though with another design.

Attached: 5B86F96E-15C9-48A8-AF67-2A64FDFE36C0.jpg (250x190, 14K)

>both Brazil and Argentina were funded by (((United Kingdom))) in that war
Well, at least try to speak english
>How are you dealing with trannies brainwashing your kids, amerimutt?
Nice try tranny, but I live on Alabama, this not commifornia or new gem city

Why?

>not knowing Paraguay is in South america and the war was between south american countries
>Not knowing we cucked the shit out or AsSpain to gain our independence

El AmericANO señores

>North American user from Yea Forums could come here with some dollars and live like a king
WELL KEK

How are you dealing with your school shoot outs then?

It's normal user.
They look at a map and think everything is Brazil.

Eh, met a lot of Centroamerican people, they are genuinely great
That's because burgers have legit no culture and always end up projecting

I can try for some south American countries, it'll fuel some banter or something worse. But let's do it

>Argentina
The guy who tells tall tales, it's rather pretentious but a good friend after all. He will try to show he has money, but everyone knows he's broke also he's rather cheap and a bad business person
>Chile
Who actually has money. An SJW or a strongly conservative person, the one who thinks to know how to solve everyone's problems.
>Bolivia
He has a low self esteem and he's resentful about everything the others have and he hasn't. He could be actually successful if he stopped looking at others. Prone to be cheated
>Ecuador
Rather distrustful of everyone, but actually he's justified
>Venezuela
Think something like Rachel from Friends. Rather dumb and used to be lazy, but now he's forced to do in menial work
>Peru
Rather the opposite of Venezuela and in between of Argentina and Bolivia in the self esteem department
>Colombia
The actual European of the gang despite what Argentina says
>Brazil
The party guy. He has actually done what he says he's done. Has an especial dynamic with Argentina
Others in South America I have no stereotypes about them

>Not knowing we cucked the shit out or AsSpain to gain our independence
user, I know very well south america, savages countries for savages people, your elites are spanish descendent "My abuela tenia ojos azules y era espanola", your banks are spanish, even your companies are spanish subsidiares...

But the best thing about be an white american in your lands, is know how all girls whore themselves to fuck with me

Nice try paco, now get back to work!

Make your own damn content..

Tyler Perry makes terrible movies about black people, but at least he makes them. Instead of being Jada Pinkett and fucking crying about how black people aren't given enough good roles to win Oscars with.

Stop asking for welfare, and start doing things for your self, even if it will be terrible.

>The southamericans hate between them the same way the Klan hate high melanin people
This has never been true. Don't confuse football rivalries with real life.

I don't care about stupids kids...I am fine with that, better kids with guns than live in some hellhole like argientine or chili

>>Chile
>Who actually has money
Nice try pinochet!

>being a white american in your lands
>all the south of his country is cucked and dominated by mexicans and centracas
>the wall is never going to happen.

Please stop embarassing yourself.

Attached: CD1BD71E-5D97-4D63-A602-116902B9A080.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

Taking this idea I picture Brazil and Argentina having an awesome ime hanging out until someone brings up Football then they start to punch each other in a pretty and scaring violent way.

>even your companies are spanish subsidiares...
Kek, imagine believing that
>know how all girls whore themselves to fuck with me
85% of south americans don't like burguers. 15% are Argentinians LARPing as one, nice try

>Think something like Rachel from Friends. Rather dumb and used to be lazy, but now he's forced to do in menial work
Wow, I am offended, specially after bankrolling a third of the continent. Well good thing we're now taking all of your jobs (and your men), let's see who's lazy now!

That's a great idea user.
Please lend me 300 million dolars and I will make an amazing product hiring the best actors from each country...let's make it 600 million just to play it safe.

>someone mentions Latin Americans
>thread turns into a circlejerk of idiotic spics lamenting how bad their countries are while blaming and shitting on Americans and Europeans for things that happened decades (if not centuries) ago
Every fucking time.

Attached: 1546512496791.png (722x782, 490K)

>argientine or chili
>Not being able to even write properly.
You are the classic murican.

They are from Guatemala (even though TTG portrayed them as stereotypical mexican eating tamales)

Attached: 88A08831-8589-4DAB-8209-74CDF3480EEF.gif (245x150, 1.23M)

if anyone ever makes a peruvian character they better make it so it's always ignored in-universe for some metacommentary

You forgot the classic murican insulting everyone user.
Which one are you?

Good thing you guys are being cucked by the chinks now and your time of being relevant is over. Now stfu.

But nobody has mentioned Europe.

If anyone ever makes a peruvian character
How new are you

Attached: 227D668B-1E06-4DBE-A541-6C22094565BE.jpg (1084x996, 129K)

Argentina's heroe and anti-heroe.

Attached: 1517584242_san martin y rosas.jpg (380x215, 25K)

Okay, but Kuzco is Incan, not a modern time Peruvian.
And everyone in that movie was peruvian anyways.

Paraguay had it's own cartoon where it shat over it's politicians, and it was the most funny thing.
Hope it comes back

Attached: 20190818_142734.jpg (720x479, 178K)

>Brazil
>Giant monkey
>When the south is pretty much a /pol/tard's wet dream
You guys could've just made a fucking soccer joke or the fact that most brazilians make McGyver-esque inventions that can definetly kill but somehow work Like how my former house had a shower that when turned on would also light up the lightbulb in the bathroom

Imagine a villain with the power of being ignored or the passive ability that makes people forget about him when they don't look at him a la Silence of Doctor Who.

Okay then.

Attached: A6283BA1-597E-4DE5-8E1A-3EBE1F6024E6.jpg (800x566, 95K)

>Spoiler
Now that's a gambiarra, alright.

user you could post all obscure peruvian characters in the world and that still wouldn't change what I said.
Also, isn't everyone in that movie also peruvian?

Attached: LITERALLY WHO.jpg (1024x834, 84K)

Marsupilami is a latino character, even if his country is fictional but obviously based in Colombia (Palombia)

Attached: 1275FE43-E147-4B7F-BE62-40CFFAEF7C95.jpg (455x400, 36K)

Do you realize Mexico didn't invent tamales, right? They are from centroamerica.

This.

>Venezuela
>Not leftist hero with fake russian accent

here's your brazilian character

Attached: 1543918259382.png (182x350, 42K)

Excuse me? They're from everywhere, we just call them by different names. It's like the whole thing about empanadas and arepas.

Venezuela isn't Maduro. We don't like him.

Or Palta y Ahuacate.

Exactly, although I remember once I posted the huge aguacates we grew here, and some other Latino was very offended by saying "THAT'S JUST PALTAS, NOT THE SAME THING", like nigga it's the same shit.

Funny thing user, During the Triple Aliance War the best sniper in Paraguay was a fourteen year old teen, that's some comic sidekick shit right there

I thought Chile was like Spain. The SJW stereotypes are actually fitting.
Most like a friendly banter where Argentina always loses.
Fuck, I know Venezuela is not living good times, but it's not like we can't make jokes about it.
If you knew the actual jokes that are made about Venezuela you'd be actually mad

I had no Idea, now I want it to have a crossover with Profesor Super O

>Each time some southamerican country is "represented" it ends up as a fucking parody or some stupid concept they got from a 50's era documentary.

Leave us out of your shitty sjw whining shenanigans. We can represent ourselves quite fine, TYVM.

Venezuela and Peru should be something like the Wonder Twins or bird themed Batman and his annoying but hot Batgirl. Dejar God venezuelan women are hot.

We're quite deep into rivalry , with sports in particular, and some specific resentment due to historical events, but there's not such thing as "South-americans hating the shit out of each other"

Don't believe this guy, he just wants you to bring your dollars with you..just to stab you and steal your money as soon as you get down of the airplane

>latino representation

You mean second/third generation US born puertoricans and mexicans? Because that's why I think about when I hear "latino" representation from American media.

Fuck those people, because of them we have to deal with crap like "latinx" infecting our language.

>WHITE PEOPLE, MAKE MORE SHOWS ABOUT US
Why don't you fuckers make your own shit?

>If you knew the actual jokes that are made about Venezuela you'd be actually mad
Don't worry, I've seen worse. And yeah I know joking about it is inevitable, but it hurts just the same ;_;
I'm one of the 20% who are still living somewhat decently here while preserving middle class status, so I can't really complain

That comes from looong back (We call it the "British Railroad"). Every single main railroad, route and water line goes straight to Buenos Aires's port, so it can be exported. It's like that "all roads go to Rome" but with commodities, meat and onions

>all girls whore themselves to fuck with me

Yeah,sure...as we say here:
"Las flacas no te tocan ni con un palo"

>Rosas
>ANTI-HEROE

SUCIO, SALVAJE UNITARIO DETECTED!!!
DEPLOYING MAZORQUERO EN 5,4,3,2,1....

This.
I'm not even from Venezuela and I still miss Chavez.

Hahaha what the fuck? Get out of here, he was shit too. Figures someone who isn't Venezuelan would say this.

I just want to say this:
YO' MARVEL, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CAPTAIN SOUTH AMERICA?!
Also, Brie Larson has no butt, the hell where you thinking?!

There. Fuck you all.

>Still miss the guy who orchestrated and left all the conditions ready for the economic disaster, and who was lucky enough to die before everything imploded so all the fault felt in Maduro.
Haznos un favor y mátate.

Attached: Homer.jpg (600x886, 35K)

>chile
nah make us the quake man

ok

Attached: quaker.jpg (207x150, 6K)

This latinos don't care, they didn't have it as hard as negros and homus in murrica. And latin america's pretty diverse already, almost everyone had a el negro o el chino, even el marica in his/her group of friends.

Gracias, compatriota. To think there's people who defend that shit this day and age still.
Eh. We may be diverse but there's plenty of LGBT discrimination still, don't pretend it's all roses. Still we weren't as stupid as to actually segregate, dictatorships and all aside.

Attached: IMG-20190808-WA0002.jpg (565x704, 62K)

El Emprestito Baring Brothers y la puta que te parió Buenos Aires

>almost everyone had a el negro o el chino, even el marica in his/her group of friends.
This isn't true at all. El marica isn't even an actual fag most of the time. You forgot la marimacha tho.

Where do you live? Chinos and negros are minorities in my country. I didn't have a single black classmate in the school and only like two in the university.

Attached: 4k.jpg (256x384, 10K)

spics (real ones, not chicano gringo shit) don't give a fuck about representation
t. spic

Honduras when

In peru we do have pretty much everything, regularly. No one will bat an eye at a group of 7 in which everyone has a different race
El marica usually isnt a faggot either, just over the top. The nerdy one tends to be gay

I'm a brazilian and I'd much prefer for the cancerous american comic industry to release it's grasp in our market so that local artists start doing shit that isn't brand-shonen and or brand-capes than have some retarded representation in yet another capeshit team.
Actuall, I would also rather the US simply didn't have any stance whatsoever on my country or any other LatAm country so we can have some actual sovereignity.
Now fuck off you lardass piece of shit.

Id be fine with shonen esque stuff if it ISNT FUCKING CAPESHIT.

Because you're just a misguided dude trying to be elitist. Shonen is actually worse than capeshit and both are a plague to their respective countries.

No, we dont need representation we just want good stories. Being that said, there are a number of cool mythologies in South America and awful criminals like maras and Brazilians to make good compelling and violent stories
t. Latino dude

Wow, the ignorance bar raised once more. Congrats, user

Peru is cheating its basically a frankenstein country

>peru
>bird theme
PALOMA MAN?

More local mythologies would be great, honestly I'm tired of fantasy with elves, magicians, queer leprechauns,etc. Btw, aren't people outside LA digging narcos stories already? I only watched pablo escobar.
>Gracioso usted, se comio un payasito en la mañana?

Attached: 1524866613714.jpg (1010x1024, 675K)

You are the villains of course

Llama man would be more fitting

>Argentina
>guy turns into pasta
FTFY

i was going more to the Condor user, the natives had many gods, and one of the special tittles and gods was the condor, and , it could be represented by a strong man called Mallku, who was suppouse to be the most wise, strong and best capable leader

Fuck your representation, we make our own shit.

Attached: jorel.png (1920x1440, 868K)

You will never be able to do that monkey man.
Be thankfull that the first world gives a shit for your empobrished land full of diseases.

There's a super condor but it makes Batman and Robin and F4NTASTIC look like the Godfather. I think it's become lost media already.

Emphasis in shit.

That show is trash

no bulli chile :(((

We all know who the real chilean hero is.

Attached: calcetin_con_rombosman_by_artesano_mii-d7ycpla.jpg (894x894, 136K)

Alejo and Valentina's probably the best Yea Forums related media ever.

Did they reach Yea Forums?
Me muero muerto.

Lara is best girl

Attached: Lara 4.png (459x591, 449K)

Too old and busted for this board. I don't think Yea Forums existed but the time it was made.

The Chinks are raping and taking over Latin America too user, who the fuck do you think is propping Venezuela, Cuba?

>who the fuck do you think is propping Venezuela, Cuba?
Yes? But also Turkey and Russia. Though technically China is bankrolling everyone, and Turkey's funds are about to be cut due to the sanctions.
Either way there's nothing ideologically tied to China's support because all they care about is business (they're also involved in Brazil), it's Russia, Turkey and Cuba what we're most worried about.

Azulpildorados y cringe

Basado y larapildorado.

Translating memes into Spanish is cringe as fuck.

ahem...

Attached: 51851f475515d8cceaca3d9f310a269c22da9792.jpg (3142x1982, 2M)

t. Pedofilo

>I thought Chile was like Spain. The SJW stereotypes are actually fitting

Only a certain part of Santiago and Valparaiso are like that, everyone else fucking despises the black hooded retards giving trouble for no reason, and wherever the wannabe revolutionaries haven't pissed someone off, the corrupt left wing politicians have. And people don't say it out loud because they don't want to burn bridges but more than half the country supported Pinochet, and the zoomers like him because it's edgy and counter culture to meme the ebin helicopter rides guy.

Not him, but the movie is Nuna, la agonía del Wamani. It aired two years ago un the Annecey festival but you know how's that shit, not every mortal can affort Annecey.

Ikarus, the director of that movie, studied in the same university as me so I might just talk directly to him where can I finally watch Nuna since the movie trailer and productivo material is fucking awsome.

Las locuras del emperador is fucking crap.

I thought I was the only one who post Nuna here.

LAS MALVINAS

Attached: 9d6ce57487f993fd3b102679335dcbe75fb4735881f0a9ea7c693ff9be544e85.gif (480x360, 1.67M)

Fine, you are racist as fuck with each other. The answers in this thread are enough proof. Starting with the monkey powers from the huehuehue.

>Las locuras del emperador is fucking crap.
Embarrassing taste.

>bird theme hero
So, el hombre cóndor? (Don't Google it, it has dangerous levels of cringe)

its called banter you fucking goblino now go back to injecting hormones and cutting your dicks

there is already a movie about it and it fucking sucks its called super condor

where do you think we are?

Attached: tumblr_inline_oox2eaxImu1tg7mkh_1280.jpg (1090x1200, 282K)

Dude, come on, the inca elements bland and boring and why the fuck they called him fucking kuzco, why not an actual inca name. Not complain about the rest of the movie, but the quechua elements are boring or fucking wrong if you have actually studied the inca Empire.

Fuck, there's Even Ollantay that's basically a quechua version of Romeo and Juliet that would be easy to adapt and would fit really well in Disney.

>guy that can becomes a giant monkey and has monkey powers
so dragon ball?

Not that guy but Big yikes.
Condorito.

>Latin American Countries
>is just South American countries and doesn't include Mexico, Central America, or the Caribbean
>includes the debatable Guyanas

I was talking about a peruvian héroe. There's super cóndor, who is basically a peruvian version of Batman and who got an actual love action movie several years ago.

La chola power is less cringey but still a stupid concept.

Not even us try to milk our mythology.
>Urban fantasy with pistachos, condenados and duendecilllos never
>Unlimited saint seiya rip-offs
But then again I'll probably have to lurk somewhere else.

Attached: 1558544990765.gif (500x375, 443K)

Latin America does include Mexico and most of Central America, it just doesn't include any non-Hispanic country.
Ah I didn't know about this.

>LGBT discrimination
oh shit here we go again

It's true though, don't act as if this is some American meme and start spouting tranny memes, people get killed over that shit often in the region, and Evangelists hold a much tighter sway here then in the US too. Bolsonaro in fact is one of these retards.
If you don't like it then that's your problem, but to deny discrimination is being obtuse.

Colombia has good representation if you know what i mean.

Attached: Violeta.png (783x483, 286K)

Quien mierda ve las locuras del emperador por la exactitud de los incas?

Boludo lo ultimo que quiero es prender la tele y que me salte un negrito comiendo un chori diciendo "now this is what I'm talking about chawboun", dejate de joder

>La chola power
talking about this i saw some comic strips on normiebook where a kid version of her teamed up with an argentinian kid hero called superpiba the drawings were kind of cute and apparently they are being published on some local newspapers
Are there more cape comics from south america with their own rooster of local heroes?

You should worry about your economy first rather about what you see on TV argie.

You guys are so casually racists, haha holy shit.

>Movie about the inca Empire
>There's barely any media in general that uses that setting
Idk, you Tell me. But then again, the rest of the movie is fine, just complaning how do they uses the quechua elements.

>Making a movie about the inca Empire and naming the empero kuzco
That's like making a movie about the Roman Empire and calling the emperor, Rome or making a movie about USA and naming the president DC. See? It's stupid.

>those ticc chicken thights
oof

Could you please post dime links to see those strips? I'm mindly interested.

yikes

And you haven't seen peruvian, mah boi. My family is from Cajamarca en they seen themselves like fucking whites.

>Peru have one of the CHADest ever

Attached: latest[1].png (354x519, 147K)

Sorry that I don't get triggered by black people, gauchito.

Argentina's main villains they could be useful for a comic or a cartoon.
With del Caño as a comedy relief.

Attached: UkDQMgngv_1200x0__1.jpg (1200x675, 191K)

It's funny because I had a friend from Argentina who constantly used "negros" derisively and I told her (yes, it was a woman) that it wasn't cool and she was like "oh you don't understand, when we say 'negro' here we don't mean black people, we just mean thugs and shitty people", and the most awkward silence came afterwards.

>CHADest
There fixed for you.

Attached: Kronk_.jpg (1262x1080, 160K)

Considering the royal family eated fish from the seaside and quinua from the highlands there's no way the Inca looked this skinny

Chile has 31 Minutos, Diego & Glot (just the first season), and this gem, Juan Pérez. youtu.be/_PwPPllzDgg

do argies really like dulce de leche or is just a meme?

Attached: FB_IMG_1566163040246.jpg (1080x1081, 204K)

North America is waaaaay more racist my friend.
Or should I say my nigga?

Mira si me voy a poner a discutir de economia en Yea Forums, chupame la pija

Acá "negro" o "negrito" no es necesariamente racista como allá. Lo podes decir de forma cariñosa o hacia alguien que no es negro y no pasa nada. El clasismo es con lo que mas se jode en realidad.

i wanna fuck the 2nd penguin on the left

You and a lot of argentinians user nad the other one too.

and this is the last one that has been posted for now

Attached: FB_IMG_1566163076489.jpg (1138x895, 195K)

>ese arco donde Del Caño se fusiona con pewdiepie
LA KINOGRAFIA

Attached: IMG-20190817-WA0001.jpg (960x1280, 82K)

It's relative because in here it's mostly a extreme lack of self-awareness. But like I said earlier, all racist policies were abolished centuries ago.
>Acá "negro" o "negrito" no es necesariamente racista como allá
It's the same in Venezuela except it's hard to tell because it's also used derisively here, just not as often (considering w have way more brown people, myself included).

>chupame la pija.
Classic argentinian answer when they don't have a single valid argument to support what they say.
You are cute user.

Both classism and racism is fucking annoying. Hell, I even seen migrats from the highlands being racist torwards other people from the highlands.

Anyway Argentina's "racism" is nothing compared to North America's racism.
We don't racist policies either buddy.

Us Venezuelans have been suffering A LOT of classism and racism due to the immigration. But even then, my friends who are living in Chile tell me it's not as bad as the one Haitians suffer over there.

Ponele

Yo al principio no entendía por que nigga era una palabra tan mala que nadie que no sea negro la podia decir. Todavia me parece una boludes tremenda pero bue asi son los yankiees

>Racism in latin america
All is banter , everyone can have jobs and all is fun because banter is on our blood.
>Racism in USA
REE i want to MURDER black people

So yeah , USA is his own separate thing and why USA will NEVER EVER understand banter

Understandable, have a good day.

This is the current president of Colombia
Say something nice about him

Attached: file.png (207x500, 115K)

But user that's not Bolsonaro.

>he doents know that south americans are racist for real or just fun

Pues so l hacen asi, estaria chingon. youtube.com/watch?v=9Gtl7rsDJfY

There's both. And they can be equally uncomfortable in the wrong situations, specially considering there's no self-awareness here. I've heard of idiots getting in trouble for being casually racist in Europe or USA the way they are in Latin America. For you it might be okay because "fuck muh PC" but it's crass and pointless.

Attached: 95fd7d6f870025675daf60cf374e433a3d612e15c7746e.jpg (255x191, 10K)

Callaté grone de mierda. I said this with affection for you

>TTG version of la chola power
Carajo, user, no pensé que iba a vivir lo suficiente para presenciar esto.

Attached: c05b721b5d0a8e96a9b0159e8fb0b08ba43347fde92266d81b63e09112c97d85.png (640x640, 198K)

t. Retard

Peruvians actually eat guinea pigs, not pigeons
This show fucking sucks dude

>but it's not accurate :(
Oh, fuck off, I'm Peruvian and literally everyone I know here loves that movie, sorry you have shit taste.

Nice coping

HAY TIRANOS DICTADORES

please, buenos aires is like half of the population

And that's unironically a good thing, there's even some Asian qts here in Peru.

t. negro de mierda

Cuys are fucking disgusting and they barely have any meat in their bones.

Also call them cuys you dipshit.

>Cuys are fucking disgusting and they barely have any meat in their bones.
Tell that to my family, in literally every family reunion there's some kind of cuy meal, they just can't enough of it for some reason.
>Also call them cuys you dipshit.
Cuys, guinea pigs, same shit, people are mostly familiar with the latter so who cares.

>How are you dealing with your school shoot outs then?
What? Burguers' shoot outs numbers are rookie numbers close to Brazil's ones...

The disgusting half.

costa rica and panama aren't mini-mexicos, pendejo

i see a lot of argenitinians in american cartoons

if you know what i mean

murica fuck yeah

Attached: IMG_20190818_171707_225.jpg (684x448, 47K)

I want to fuck Porky

Vai embora americano fedido, essa não é a thread para você.

Exactly

We make everyone seethe online
Banter is easy when you can do that. The best gift of all

whats the difference ya all Europeans

So, does anyone from LatAm really care or want something from their country to be an important part of a series or movie? I always thought that "muh representation" from actual latin minorities were only from second generation folk that were grasping at straws when trying to connect to their parents' culture, but reading this thread has made me genuienly curious.

Besides, what can one milk from Latin culture that would make comedy/drama/worldbuilding gold? Besides the well-known once a year celebrations what else is there to talk about? Pretty much everywhere outside of the small rural towns is similar to America except with more brown people prancing around and some rather dubious infrastructure (also, food doesn't count because you don't eat food out of cultural appreciation. You eat it 'cause you're hungry). I personally feel that the only thing that truly differentiate us from The British Colonies is the classic banter between pretty much anybody that isn't a huge dick and the ability to bounce it back and forth, and to me script localizations (not outright dubs, very important distinction) do that more than well enough with the adaptation of the flow if comedy to a Latin audience rather than the material being Latin in and of itself.

Attached: 11011685_10206392195660699_8297792516005902437_n.jpg (154x180, 6K)

>Cumming on a guy on his glasses.
Peru you say?...

By the way why do they even call them "pigs"? They don't look like pigs, even spaniards refer them like bunnies. Bunny is closser to they cuys than pigs.

You're right, they're mini-Colombias.

Mexifag here. I just wish someone actually did something serious with El Santo. I've been watching some of his better movies and I love the campy, and sometimes actually creepy vibe mixed with lucha fights. It's amazing how much it resembles the early Hellboy stories.

No we don't

I don't fucking care about representation.

>what can one milk from Latin culture that would make comedy/drama/worldbuilding gold?
I've always thought that stories like la yacu mama would make a neat a wholesome comic/cartoon. Other ideas I've had in mind for a long time are:

>The myth of the Naylamp
>A Disney adaptation of Ollantay
>The Chavin de Huantar gods

There's plenty stuff that can be made, just look at Nuna, user.

>I just wish someone actually did something serious with El Santo
Bitch, where have you been when this: youtu.be/KXTMGJi8yic aired in CN?

Attached: 1552878129729.png (870x628, 540K)

That was more than 10 years ago, user. And it's 12 fucking minutes total.

As a Peruvian born and raised in Peru I've never really cared myself.
That is until I started thinking about it some days ago, I fucking hate tokenism but I'd be lying if I wouldn't at least kinda like if a new hero just so happened to be Peruvian instead of fucking Mexican yet again. I mean, I still don't care THAT much and I could go my whole life without one single Peruvian hero or villain existing and I'd be completely fine, but it'd still be kinda nice, you know?

They could use all the supernatural and mythological stuff all latin america has.

Yeah, same, It's neat.

>A Disney adaptation of Ollantay
I'm convinced this WILL happen at some point. The story is just ideal Disney material.

>The story is just ideal Disney material.
See? I'm not the only one who think this. Come on, Disney, don't be a fag, I don't care if it's shit, I just want more mediatical attention of my country.

Chileanfag here. Same.

Anyone remember this?
youtube.com/watch?v=GRr_2q3_qdw
Wish there was more, Yea Forums related or not.

damn i remember this despite the low budget they still got some good stories

and why that show sucks? people keep saying that but they dont give a good reason why.

We just need to make latino copies of existing shows.
Like Estrella contra las fuerzas del mal
Hora de Aventura con Javier el perro y Fernando el humano .
Cataratas Gravedad.
And so on.

Basados

Nah g, palta is palta
Aguacate is filthy Centro American fake food

In Venezuela we call these "aguacates", we've never used palta to refer to them.
Mucha Lucha doesn't count, then? What about The Strain?
Either way, El Santo isn't serious, he's cheesy as hell. It just wouldn't work.

Attached: aguacate.jpg (479x270, 23K)

Chile here, fuck off, representation literally does not matter.

Golpea Duro Hara is basically that

You can't be from Chile, you're speaking spanish properly.

but you haven't seen me speak spanish, chuchetumare

The level of racemixing is so delicious, some mestisos are so good on the eyes

Somthing like that but less shitty like Hara.

The false illusion of chilean's bad spanish, and its direct corelation to chilean's low class' easy access to technology and social media.

>But even then, my friends who are living in Chile tell me it's not as bad as the one Haitians suffer over there.

Call it racism, i don't care, i've had to work with Haitians here in Chile and they're lazy and unmotivated in all ways. If they can scrap by the bare minimum they will, it took 20 of them a week what the previous municipal workers did in three days, with four guys. They are stuck with that indifferent minset from the island where they don't have to try because everything will always be shit anywsy.

Also Colombians are all either criminals or annoying peddlers. Cops are always arresting them for violent shit, but unlike the Peruvians, they don't try to bribe their way out.

>but less shitty like Hara
Basado y Conchetumaripastillado

>do argies really like dulce de leche
They won't fucking shut up about their fucking dulce de leche, but it's really no better than anyone else's. Chile calls it Manjar and it's the same fucking thing, same quality.

HOLA VENGO A FLOTAR

>Chile calls it Manjar and it's the same fucking thing
Eh, actually dulce de leche and manjar are made differently, are like different recipes for the almost same product, yet you can tell the difference when you've tasted both.

Doesn't hold a candle to Roberto Manfinfla

Attached: 31956223_1825600307503484_6050646667001069568_o.jpg (2048x1489, 548K)

Fuck off you just caramelize condensed milk

A VER QUE PASA ACÁ
NO ESTÁ PERMITIDO FLOTAR ACÁ
ME VA A TENER QUE ACOMPAÑAR

>"aguacates"
Disgusting.

Chile is envious of dulce de leche and want to compare it with their cheap knock off.

in peru we call it manjarblanco as well...

WEE WOO WEE WOO bad taste alarm!
Make way for the superior Venezuelan dulce de leche.

Attached: dulce-de-leche.jpg (431x329, 38K)

Leche condensada is better than both anyways.

If only there was any of it, or any food for that matter, left in Venezuela...

Everyone hates Chile because deep down they know they're the true creators of manjar, pisco, mate and el Chavo del 8.

Just learn to cope with it.

Attached: 387492849276.png (1235x794, 83K)

As a translator it always pains to modify terms when im translating from english or french into spanish because the target audience is argentinians or mexicans or something
Strawberries are FRESAS no fuckinh "frutillas" jesus its disgusting
Ill die before calling a piña a "ananá"

The only thing they own are tremors and tsunamis.

>Make way for the superior Venezuelan dulce de leche.
Si es tan superior, por qué se mueren de hambre?

Attached: dabbing for frog jesuschrist.png (537x667, 514K)

>WEE WOO WEE WOO bad taste alarm!
Maybe he just means the word.

Everyone with a brain knows the real, true and correct name is "Paltas"

>Creators of pisco
Men te voy a sacar la mierda si vuelves a decir eso pta zorra.

And an economy that works, unlike the rest of fucking South America.

As a chilean i must say this: PISCO SUCKS.

It was so good they ate it all duh

Remember to pay due royalties when things get shaken up.

____________wew______________

Attached: 2847635938.png (700x450, 27K)

Empanada Man ate most of it tho

Good taste.

Obviously.
Chilean pisco is worse than bull piss

>an economy that works
*Laughs in spanish/

Yet you haven't eat the Maduro.

Worst bolivarian dream, or should i say nightmare?

There is plenty of it still, and we might be impoverished, but we still have food. Bad, classless joke, boy.
inb4 "banter"
>because the target audience is argentinians or mexicans or something
More like Neutral Spanish. Mexicans, Argentinians, Colombians, Venezuelans and Chileans have more or less the same names for everything, so it stands to reason that they'll cater to these. It's also why words like "emparedado" instead of "sandwich" are used even though most people don't call it that in the region.
Also voice acting companies moved from Mexico and Argentina to Colombia and Venezuela.

What?

Man, Chilean, Perubian, doesn't matter, every pisco sucks, you Perubians can take it, i give no shit about drinking low quality baby cologne... We have Chicha anyways.

Does anyone remember that brief period in the early-to-mid 2000's when latino content was seemingly all over TV? Mucha Lucha, El Tigre, Taina, The Brothers Garcia, George Lopez... What was up with that? Feels like a cultural boom that arrived a decade too early.

Attached: 81xxexysgcl_ri.jpg (350x263, 30K)

>Taina, The Brothers Garcia, George Lopez
Literally who?

>and we might be impoverished, but we still have food.

Attached: doubt.png (1300x864, 31K)

>giant fetish
You'd be more useful as a bar of soap and buttons.

Seriously, though, I'd definitely like to see something like the Patch tribe guys from Shaman King, with animal-themed superpowers.

>Taina, The Brothers Garcia, George Lopez
I have never heard of these

>Stands strong despite some difficulties, whole surrounded by countries at the verge of collapse
>Is the end goal for most migrants in Latin America because it's the only place this side of the world with any sort of opportunities, and of course Soros wants to ruin it

You can laugh, but the main thing bringing us down right now is your fleeing rats.

Guatemala could have some stuff with crystal skulls, maybe a guy that can turn your shit into crystals like when you get cursed in DS3.

Well, I'm having some now, so...
>muh Soros
But of course, here I thought neocon zoomers were mainly an US phenomenon. Should've known better.

George Lopez was a milder, more family-friendly version of Carlos Mencia (another popular Latino personality from the mid-2000's, you might remember him from Mind of Mencia). Moderately popular around the mid-2000's, I think he's dead now.

The other two shows only ran for a couple of years to my recollection, so I don't really blame you for not knowing them- the thing that makes them odd is the fact that they got greenlit at all. They were definitely part of a trend that seem to come out of completely nowhere, and disappear just as quickly.

Could it be, another Chilean translatorbro?

I'd speculate that El Chavo, Cantinflas and mexican "westerns" had enough of an impact in most of spanish-speaking Latin America that most of it knows enough mexican terms to be able to consume stuff with that kind of terminology.

Man, i know i can be cruel joking about Venezuela's missfortune. But damn i hope you guys can get better and kick Maduro directly to the Sun. Godspeed, hermano venezolano.

>600 million

Make that SIX GORILLION and I'll think about it.

Solta el choripan por tres segundos.

>Bad, classless joke, boy.
>inb4 "banter"
Banter.
Also, I've got a lot of family in Venezuela (fled there during Pinochet), even after some of them fled back in recent years.
So it's like a cousin talking shit about your family, as opposed to a stranger.

Thank you. I hope the same, I'm tired of protesting on the streets.
Actually yeah, you're not wrong. But for instance, a Mexican would call this a "tamal", when for us it's an "hallaca"... And I believe there's a similar confusion between empanadas and pasteles.
I actually remember and episode of El Zorro where a street vendor sang about tamales in the main plaza...

Attached: KSG4AYIFABELZBC6CWPU77ASXI.jpg (1400x932, 156K)

Nah dude onions un peru rata
I like it the most when the targets are colombia, chile or ecuador. Argentina is the worst. Spain is so bad I never pick those documents

>onions
Well thats on me for phonefagging

Isnt chica bolivian or something. Its not alcoholic either
Wait, you mean the purple chicha or the chicha de jora?

>And I believe there's a similar confusion between empanadas and pasteles.
That's a can of worms. Empanadas are meat pies in general all over the place; pasteles in mexico are sandwiches, but in most other places they're cakes or various sweet bakery products, while sandwiches are emparedados or just sandwiches/sanguches/some other bastardization of the word.

Fucking Spaniards, yeah I'm gonna call the computer mouse "ratón" you fucking idiots.
Also an anecdote: did you ever watch the old dubbed DBZ movie with Janemba? Noticed how he inexplicably would shout "No quiero" all the time, instead of just his name like a pokemon? The fucking wankers translated it from the french dub, and thought Janemba was "Je n'aime pas", pretty much "I don't like it", so they just went with it.

I FUCKING HATE THE SPANISH

This. As a matter of fact, I think we need to step away from that shit. Being so enslaved to the past fucks with your head. And there's been plenty attempts at showing off prehispanic stuff in videogames, comics, etc. For once I want to see someone make futuristic works, or modern capes that aren't a platter of shit. Or even just well made action works.

>Noticed how he inexplicably would shout "No quiero
I was so fucking confused as a kid. My mom got the dvd for me when she was on a work trip. I hated it cause it was the spaniard dub and it was horrible
DBZ latin dub was god tier though. To this day I prefer it over sub or any other dub.

>Spain is so bad I never pick those documents
Oztiaz tío pero por qué hariaiz ezo?
seriously tho, fuck spaniards

For no other reason than the artwork that would result from it, I'd like to see a movie or something with Latin-American-futurism, like Black Panther's "Afrofuturism", because I think it's an art direction that's nowhere near exploited enough.
Although you just now they'd set it all around chicanos and the trailer would have reggaeton.

>yfw El Chavo used to call sandwiches "tortas de jamón"
Also Re: Spaniard translations,
>yfw "SICANSÍOS" in Game of Thrones

Ché, Valentina, y si nos vamos al /aco?

Oigan, saben cómo le pusieron los españoles a la película de Invasor Zim?

El Invasor Zim y El Portal Mágico.

Pero qué mierda les pasa, España!?

But Latin America has no future.

The worst thing is that one of my ex is spanish so some of his bullshit rubbed on me and sometimes I say a "vuestro"or "gilipollas". It makes me sick
I also hate it cause I can barely stand spanish series. My mom straight up cant understand peninsular spanish, its so awful

too chewy. prolly disgusting.

Neither does Africa but here we are

I just looked into the Sicansios thing and jesus fucking dick what the fuck are Spaniard translators doing?

burger companies are already in control of the medium and have done a shit job in the last decade.

I rather see more countries get into the party and rebalance the power. No one can do spics better than spic themselves.

Also french shit and chink shit.

Attached: 100777-otra-pelicula-de-huevos-y-un-pollo.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

>Well, I'm having some now
Who did you kill?

Pensamientos?

Attached: 1519408838286.png (150x280, 34K)

Spaniards are obsessed with using ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY their own precious lenguaje. Anything thats not in the RAE's diccionary is a capital sin. The word florpus was too much for them
En america latina es "Invasor Zim y el Poder del Florpus" que la verdad esta bastante bien. "Into the" would be really annoying to translate and I dont blame the netlfix translator for saying fuck it and changing it a bit

Actually in case of a global crisis brought by climate change, if there's another Ice Age most of the northern hemisphere will freeze, driving emigration towards... Yeah, you guessed right, THE SOUTH, below the equator, where it will be warmer.
And if there's no ice age but ice melting, the sea levels will rise around the most populated areas in the US, east and west, also driving migration towards the South or the inner country where it's higher. Cordillera de los Andes, baby!

Y'know what? Fuck it, let 'em have their reggaeton. Maybe it can be worked with. Shit, maybe even make a weird ass, new genre. I imagine a dark reggaeton, like how synthwave has darksynth. Only acoustic instrumentation, darker lyrics that you can actually understand.

Its the region with the most growth in the world by a long shot. It also has comparable natural resources to Africa but its not a mega hell hole, just a regular hell hole, and some of the countries like chile, peru or colombia are seriously climbing out of it
It'll probably turn into Europe 0.7 in 90 or so years. But more religious

Have you ever seen translations for ygo? It's like google translate having a stroke.

France has a insanely strong animation market, but thats cause they are fucking france. No one in LA has the resources to make a series when they can just dub what everyone else produces

Whoever makes it will be a 99 generation spic mutt who is white as chalk and thinks tacos, tequila and dia de los muertos is all there is to it

Yeah, "into" is hard to translate without a larger context, much less for a title, which has to be short and snappy. For example, in Latin America Into the Spider-Verse was translated as "Spider-Man: Un nuevo universo" (A new universe), which works well enough.

I can't confirm this because I haven't read any Harry Potter and I don't intend to, but my translation professor told us that in one of the books, a kid has a pet frog. One of the early Spaniard translators decided that, much like Harry having biscuits for breakfast was weird to spanish kids so he changed it to "Natillas", he changed the frog into a turtle.
In a later book, the "turtle" escapes, jumping away.

what do you translate?

>Invasor Zim: dentro del Florpus
It wasn't hard.

I'm the other translator user, but I'd wager he does mostly computer, machinery, advertising or business-related translations. It's what most of the market is made of.

I'd been fortunate enough to work on some videogames, but 90% of my work is technical.

I'm Mexican and this is really cringe

Attached: 1565208224847.jpg (481x450, 115K)

It doesn't roll in tongue that good tho.

Cualquier wea hubiera sido mejor que EL PORTAL MÁGICO.
En serio qué chucha, la wea suena a película de Barbie.

Yeah they rejected the inclusive language.
They are shitty people.

Doesn't communicate you're entering the Florpus, also it sounds like shit.

The spaniard dub for harry potter is an abomination
They jerk it so much to their fucking tongue that they refuse to even pronounce names properly even that has to be translated to "spanish".
So Hermione is "Jermion"

Mexicans are cringy.

Everyone with a brain rejects inclusive language.

Only ideologically infected feminists try to push the "amigues" shit.

That's more like "Inside the Florpus" I think
"Into the Florpus" would be something like "Hacia adentro del Florpus", which doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Yeah pretty close. Mostly advertising for me. Ive grown close to a bunch of marketing people bc of it. Im also occasionaly an interpreter for a bussiness meetings but its really draining
Ive worked on translating a few novels and its fun. Poems were hell though, I had to text the author so many times...

How'd you get into that, user? I taught english for a bit and heard some of my coworkers say they wanted to get into that.

>666
fuck off satan

....My actual literal career is translating. I studied it. I got into it cause I have a degree in translation
Most of it is a fuckload of linguistics. A bunch of my courses were also completely dedicated to the mechanics of humor and courtesy. Human communication is wack

>Satan tells you inclusive language is good
Color me surprised.

I did, and holy shit the levels of cringe that it haves
Pic related it's not the worst case, but it really slips off the tongue

Attached: descarga.jpg (186x271, 13K)

Try to find local translation agencies and apply. Most of them don't strictly require formal translation studies, but they'll test you, and most of them won't give you the time of the day if you don't know how to use at least one kind of Computer Assisted Translation tool (not to be confused with machine translation).

Once you have some experience, apply to international agencies, such as SDL (makers of the biggest CAT tool out there, Trados) or Lionbridge (the translation-only division of the company, not the division that gives you shitty, low-pay internet jobs).

Not to talk up my own shit nor to discourage you, but translation is harder than people think, and interpretation is even harder. It takes more than knowing both languages really well.

Don't listen to these kids, inclusive language is very useful, just don't overdo it.

That means you are already inside of it. "Into the florpus" means you are in the process of entering, and indeed most of the movie is about that, there are only like 30 seconds "dentro del florpus"
Expressing continous action/verbal time in spanish is annoying. Gerunds are not used a lot so especially in a title they are pretty much a sin

Go dilate

This can't be real

Not as the south peruvians and their cringe Spanglish

>es real
por qué no usar agujero espacial o algo así como llegas a la conclusion de "portal mágico" en una serie sobre un invasor extraterrestre

Attached: Screenshot_20190818-203604~2.png (1080x831, 789K)

Useful for what?

Removing the influence of your mother tongue is the hard part. The way it can reshape your estructures in the way you translate is the deal breaker.
>Interpretation is even harder
I usually need at least a few days of a heads up to prepare.You need to gather a lot of info and read up when you are gonna do interpretation, its extremely case sensitive because pretty much every single tongue has a fuckton of dialects, regional variants and their own slang

what pisses me off more is when non mexicans use shitty mexican slangs for everything

Pueden.... usar "florpus". Cual es pto problema. Tampoco es una palabra que exista en ingles, es un termino hecho por el show para el show.

Opinions on Latino characters who are just classified as "Latino" with no specific Latino country of origin?

Attached: Amanda Lopéz.jpg (739x415, 22K)

Who cares about all mexicos?

Limeño and Piureño spanish is pretty dope though. Im colombian and went on a continent long trip 3 years ago and half of it was Peru cause it was the only Latin country I hadnt been to. Arequipeño is fine, I had some trouble in Cusco and Puno though.
Chile was fine as well, Argentina was just cancer

Me vale madre

Ok, I can kind of see how this happened. It's the Golden Ladybug, and "Vaca de San Antonio" is one of the names used for ladybugs in some places.
You know what another name is? Mariquita, which is a slur for homosexuals, associated with Maricón.
The next best name? Chinita. Which could be considered offensive or confusing because in literal terms it means Little Chinese Woman.

There are other options I would have gone with before Vaca de San Antonio, though. Catarina, or even just make it more generic as beetle.

it not a conspiracy that the American government is making up madura is starving the country and chavez was what started these issues why do so many people think we like chavez

Attached: 1565123830037.webm (800x450, 1.68M)

Dont mind it if they are secondary/minor. Not every random background asian kid also gets profiled to where his parents immigrated from
If its one of the main characters it should get adressed. I was annoyed how they spat on the face of Marco's ancestry in Star vs, even going their way to directly mention he doesnt know spanish (...despite the fact that he did understand it perfectly in S1 but whatever)

Oh thanks for the clarification, I guess the American Imperialistic lies are what caused most of my family in Venezuela to flee back to Chile because THEY WERE FUCKING STARVING

And don't you bring up the fucking sanctions, they were against individuals up until recently, and by then the country was already down to eating garbage

They are fine I guess.
As I've said, I don't really care about representation, and if the show gets to have a latin character that isn't annoying about it then great.

>I didn't have a single black classmate in the school and only like two in the university.
You are a lucky guy

Yeah its really goody but it was a clearly thought out translation. Evading ofensive terms when translating can be really difficult if the public is a very broad group of people, in this case it was probably just "latin people"

Just don't have them. We don't care.
It's all just for some gringo latinx larpers to feel good about themselves.
Leave us out of it.

What the fuck are you on, literally 20% OF THE COUNTRY HAS FLED BECUASE ITS SO BAD. And its only 20% because they were the only ones able to get enough dollars to get out fo that shithole.
And I know it cause onions de uno de los dos paises que se la tragaron gorda con venecos. No me quejo, estan buenos

just moved out of country missing the food I need my mini lunch

Attached: 15152143413.png (600x315, 287K)

Its probably an argetinian. Argentina is basically europe but shitty

Don't be a retard, the economy was already sinking before the sanctions (we're talking pre-2012), people don't fucking remember that Chavez sold out a lot of assets to China barely a YEAR before he died and all so he could spend upwards of $200MM in the reelection campaign. And that was before Maduro renegotiated with the Chinese and sold out even more assets in 2014 (still no sanctions), prompting the mass exodus from the country.
It's fucking stupid to pretend Chavez was a saint when he was the one who started this, and then Maduro accelerated it. In fact he's the one doing the most favors to Trump, Bolsonaro and similar, because he created the perfect strawman to make Latino immigrants undesirables across the region. And it's also a slap on the face to people who are going through this shit here to claim the hyperinflation and the lack of cash on the streets is somehow Trump's fault. Get outta here.
On a lighter note, I haven't had mini lunches in ages. But I'm going to throw you off and make you salivate: GOLFEADOS

Attached: golfeados-tradicionales-deliciosos-y-jugosos-.jpg (728x485, 230K)

Where did you go? Peru has elder god tier food.
Here in colombia its pretty good
Im really, really sorry for you if you are on ecuador though

Argentina is way better than the ratnest you live in.

Don't you have a con artist woman to reelect?

After you get cristina AGAIN you arent gonna be no lmao.

We have to see the fight between the con-artist woman and the evil cat.

I don't think I got the idea across I agree with you chavez is the cause of most of Venezuela problems

That was just the first round, they can't possibly fall for it again.

You made me seethe irl man. Don't do that again...
Took me a while to get it.
>MACRIGATO

>they can't possibly fall for it again.
user...

Attached: carol-didyoujust.png (563x720, 474K)

Honduras, user

All of this bullshit is cause its extreme leftism. You arent supposed to give free shit out on thats scale. LA isnt scandinavia.
Venezuela was always supposed to be on a budget, Chavez blew the oil and barely did anything with the money. If he was still alive things would be the exact same thing as now, or even worse cause Chavez would have the balls to whip out the army and mow down protesters like China

Ehhhhh vose!
NOVA ERA!!!

Attached: 4Chan - Reaction Bolsonaro Nova Era.jpg (288x288, 45K)

Its genuinely sad, but user...

Attached: 1535893192996.png (452x710, 363K)

How about if they're the main character's love interest?

Attached: IMG_20190616_101552.jpg (854x480, 56K)

>Argentina is way better than the ratnest you live in
Argentina is way worse than the ratnest you live in
ftfy

Huh, didn't know there was such a thing as a translation major. I thought it was good enough just to know a language well. user made a big learn today.

If they are some random bimbo who shows up every 10 episodes it doesnt matter. If they are part of the proper main cast then yeah

I like when my country is represented in media but I don't mind when that doesn't happen. Though I do feel sort of upset when productions try to include latinamerican references but they instead include only mexican stuff
Pisco might suck but there's nothing wrong at all with Piscola bro

Lol absolutely not. This is spot on, the way your tongues "corrupt" each other is extremely bad for translations, a good portion of the major is learning how to purge that. That and linguistics. So much of it.
The delicate mechanics of lenguages are similar, but how it actually works its really messy. This is really important for everything dealing with humor, courtesy and speaker intention
Normal bilinguals sort of have a brain switch for one tongue or the other one. Actually blending in both of them is difficult, and the reason interpreting is really tough. You can literally only do it 4 or 5 hours a day because its so draining

>I will live to see Chile get flooded with actual Argie refugees.

And you know it's gonna happen because we won't have the sense to close borders like Huezil. Personally I wouldn't mind the argies, but we're already over our carrying capacity with the haitians and venezuelans. Hospitals are already dealing with double the numbers they were designed to endure and people are getting RCP on the floor and tents.

Attached: 9834789263.gif (500x378, 440K)

Behold the sillyness of Paraguay's cartoon

youtu.be/wfcwDPOSogI

>Piscola
Jesus
You mix pisco with ginger ale or 7up.
Piscola is a last resort.
And thats if its just a meh pisco to get drunk, a good one can be drunk like whisky. Or you know, Pisco sour

see pic again and reconsider your post

>Over capasity
Lmao you chileans dont know bad it can get, here in Colombia we are imploding with venecos and Peru also has like a million of em.

Let me explain it to you user.
There are three types of person in Argentina that appear when there are elections.
1) The ones that vote for the Peronismo that are subdivided into three categories:
a) The ones that are indoctrinated enough to believe that the Peronismo works so they militate for it marching and stuff. Generally they are university students that got misguided ideals and a good brainwashing.
b) Bribed people, here we can include low class people that will wag their tails for a couple of pesos and some food and provinces that make deals with the Peronismo under the table (look at it as promises for when they win the elections...generally a lot of money)
c) People that trully believe in Peronismo, generally elder people that lived the first wave of Peronismo before it divided itself becoming an amalgamation of Peronismos. They strongly believe that an outdated century old economic system will fix the country.
2) The one that want a "change" (Peronismo has been stron in Argentina for decades, specially with the con-artist woman she's been around for 12 years) and vote for the evil cat, that literally has no idea of how to rule a country but he will prevent the ascension of the con-woman.
3) People that hate the first two and vote for the other parties but they never win because they are a minority.
Right now Cristina's group (the first one I mentiones) is the strongest because of what I mentiones and Macri's image (the evil cat) is less than dead and he is losing votes and suppport at a high speed.
To all this add and/or substract votes from all the con-movements that are everpresent in every election since Argentina called itself a country.
We are ina pick your poison situation, we die with any of the two.

>Piscola bro
SALIERON LAS PISCOLES PERRITE EAEAEA VAMOS PA'L LOLLAPALOOZA MI PAPITE SE RAJA

Face it, piscolas are just for dumb hijitos de papá today.

If nothing beyond the heavy inflation happened with CFK (and this was in the height of Chavez's bankrolling), I doubt anything drastic will happen when/if she comes back.
Besides this is all Macri's fault. He could've prevented this but didn't.
>Colombia we are imploding with venecos
All because Maduro decided to forbid direct international flights from here. Had he kept the airport open, people would be leaving from here instead of going to Cúcuta. This also reminds me the whole shit about immigrants "going on plane" to the US instead of by foot through the border, because I'm sure that if they could, they would.

It's easy mein freund, all that chile needs to do is kick out the Hambrezuelans and the black people out. Then you let the argies in and then we have an awesome party together.

>this is what Pinochetistas actually believe

>Macri's fault
Solta el choripan hijo de puta. Andá a comerle la concha a Cristina.

>Then you let the argies in and then we have an awesome party together.
That's absolutely a big no, They're like Jews but even more entittled

in Brasil they are know has abacates

What, I'm not even Argentinian, just an impartial observer... And I don't like CFK either, I'm just saying: he was so ineffectual that he squandered the opportunity to prevent the return of the Kirshner barely after a single term. And what he's doing now? Populist tactics, a little too late.

This thread is absolutely beautiful holy shit, Ive never seen such a clusterfuck of different nationalities in the same place.
Politics, linguistics, food, everything

Macri debio hacer un paquete como Fujimori en Peru en los 90s. Intento llevarla lentito, paso a paso a lo moderado pero eso no funciona. Tienes que agarrar a la mierda roja por los huevos y arrancarselos

I honestly wanted to make a web comic about a Hispanic character...who apparently could turn into a 90 foot wrestler who beat the shit out of kaiju in 80s era America.

But then I stopped giving sit once I lost all art of this guy.

Unless you are hispanic or have decent ancestry I can see this becoming a mess really quickly

I started the thread to see if there they could have some ideas for latino representation and it derailed into a latino containment thread.
I don't know if I should be happy or sad.
In a way it was terribly successful, posts at the speed of light.

I think it was actually that for liek the first 100 posts but then the discussion was either too passive or beyond retarded so the latinos just took it over and did their own thing. I think it started when they began talking about translations

>They're like Jews but even more entittled
Don't put all the cats in the same sack user, those are the Buenos Aires people.
If you visited provinces like Córdoba, Tucuman, Santa Fé, heck even Jujuy. you will see that they are complete different worlds.

I mean yeah, that's the entire point of tourism

I think that's why I canned the idea...I m black yet I'm fond of a lot of cultures (sans nigeria...Nigeria is a fucking shithole but at the same time I would kill for some Nigerian American representation)

Should I count it as a good derailment?
At least it attracted a lot of posters.

>Argentine
just a strong guy *with an Italian accent

The problem is buenos aires is like 50% of argentina so everything gets casted into that light
Its like peru with lima but somehow even way worse

UMA DELICIA

Don't Argentinians have a prominent German community of sorts? Here in Venezuela we have some (Colonia Tovar), where the best beer comes from. But I haven't heard of other places in the region where this is the case.

Attached: 3baf944a-7ee6-4bcd-b9ae-c264a2c14b2b_.jpg (592x507, 128K)

Not that many, its not even a 100 people. Latinos are just really talkative I guess
Its been a lot of fun though

>Latinos are just really talkative I guess
If we were having this discussion irl, it'd be full of loud people talking over the other yet somehow understanding each other perfectly.

Spanish is magic.
If youd try this in english or german it'd just all be unsettling noise.

>Colombia
>Actual European of the gang

Attached: 34645758679.png (472x319, 121K)

Its.... its really not that. Like what?

It's easy to identify a person from Buenos Aires.
The arrogant attitude and the way the pronounce the "LL" and the "Y" as a "Sh" example "Cashate", "Pashaso" with a marked italian accent. It's hard for them to get rid of it.

Indeed we have it "Villa General Belgrano" they hold a chocolate festival and the Oktoberfest.

Funny thing I am studying german (dificult as fuck, specially with the teacher we have), but I kinda like it it sounds good...but it's pretty hard to speak it in a fast voice.

>The arrogant attitude and the way the pronounce the "LL" and the "Y" as a "Sh" example "Cashate", "Pashaso" with a marked italian accent.
I thought that was Uruguay, they have a strong Italian vibe. Though yeah, Argentinians are more boastful. Oh nice, we have the Oktoberfest here in Venezuela also, or had... Shut up.

Uruguay came from Argentina we are like half-brother that have a love/hate relationship (Argentina being the elder brother)

*ties divisa punzó to his head*
Let's start with the throat-cutting

Uruguay and Argentina are basically the same being in the larger scheme of things

Argentina is the elder brother who destroyed his life with rash decisions while Uruguay is a stoner who played it low key and wasnt too wild and ended up fairly nicely

In the end they are sibilings with self-destructive tendencies.

Eh lo que te pasa por juntarte con ehtoh grasas.

Intenté hacer un chiste sobre eso pero no tengo ni pico idea de cómo un cuico habla en inglés ni de como traducir su extraño idioma perro

Never forget Don pepe y sus globos

Reemplaza los perrits con brah

That one is pure beauty

puta qlo, carné al piso

Dulce de leche is most probably chilean but pisco? c'mon senpai

Is dulce de chele like manjar blanco (peruvian)? Peru has funny names for its candies.
>King kong

what the fuck happened, argenbros? i enved you like two decades ago because your peso argentino has the same value as a usd baack in the days while my "nuevo sol peruano" wasworth almost nothing. I never thought the day my shitty currency would be worth way more than your peso would come

he'll need pic related

Attached: file.png (638x985, 678K)

Cool things about Argentina: Aleja and valentina, River, comedians, dinosaurs.

Attached: 1_20.png (944x482, 291K)

I will blow you for that sol peruano.

Peru right now:
>Putting presidents in jail
>Nicest to venezuela immigrants, relatively speaking
>Delicious food
>Economy okay
>Moner
What the fuck perubro? what went right? I wanna go there when I turn ancient.

>mfw a Peruvian Nuevo Sol is worth 17 pesos argentinos
what the actual fuck happened to our fucking currency?

Attached: file.png (519x458, 321K)

Peronismo seguido de Neo-Liberalismo, eso pasó.

fun fact is while most of us are brown, our country is still pretty diverse. You can find whie people, asians from china,korea and japan(okinawa) and even black people (negros). Fuck we even have a german community.
what went right?
Odebretch scandal happenned and our CNM (entity where powerful political parties had their corrupted judges) was rekt because a bunch of audios were leaked.
Those political parties lost most of their influences in the Peruvian judiciary and couldn't defend their leaders anymore.
Problem with this is the radical left(commies) took advantage of our political crisis and are trying to take down the mining sector.

Captain Argentina, make him a gaucho. Have him fight against commies and Che

>fight Che
And draw the ire of every latino commie this side of the planet? No, user! You mustn't! It's madness!

>it's fucking true

Attached: That would be funny.gif (428x105, 723K)

The Incan empire is rising again

isn't Uruguay the most #WOKE country in the continent right now? being so small, wealthy and thus proportionally urban it was always coming i figure.

Attached: 1561767750673.png (720x848, 194K)

>Fujimori is in jail
>PPK arrested in his house and his actives frozen
>Toledo is detained in US
>Garcia an hero'd
>Humala and his wife can't leave the country and will soon face justice
>Fujimori's daughter is in jail
holy shit... why can't we put K in jail like based peruvians?

i like when they curse
god bless el tano pasman

>Garcia an hero'd
Holy shit, that day was wild. Barely did a thing at work, everyone was 100% focused on the news updates.

Attached: 1547564906372.jpg (497x640, 111K)

ikr
that day my boss asked me to help him remove some pictures of him and Alan from his office

>why can't we put K in jail like based peruvians?
because our public servers in the justice system are corrupted while peruvians removed their corrupted judges

>because our public servers in the justice system are corrupted while peruvians removed their corrupted judges

As someone studying law in Chile, not really. Peruvian judges just had a massive Prevadication scandal with at least five cort of appeals judges being discovered to have been on the take. The reason there has been so much Political upheaval in Peru is that their political environment has stopped considering the impression of normalcy to be advantageous after repeated failed governments, which they habe disavowed. Argentina still has too many people supporting the K's, much more than the people who supported Lula or Dilma in Brazil when they were prosecuted and impeached respectively. Kirchner was in the process of building a zealous base of support to prop herself like Chavez did, but the economy was much too weak for it to work short term.

In England there used to be a small denomination of currency called a "guinea". Guinea pigs got their name from their popularity as food for the lower classes there, since they could often not afford to buy a real pig to eat, but a guinea pig would always cost just a single guinea.

That's wild.

idk man, as an american if I had money I'd start farming em cuz they're actually productive af as a meat source. look it up

Anons I thank you for the opportunity to talk about translation shit and to hurl shit at other South Americans and get shit hurled back at me.
I love it.

Wena nido

Yes, I need a glorious California white gringo to put some shallow token character into a children's cartoon, #POC #metaldesorder representation

Attached: 1563750764395.gif (840x559, 245K)

BR here, we have more representation than we could care for. Just the fact people now acknowledge we speak portuguese and not spanish is perfect.

he turns into the argentinian

>Actually liking Chavez
>Liking the same fucker who ignited this shit snowball effect in the first place
Unironically kill yourself

Attached: of_course.jpg (329x399, 44K)

So we can all agree that nobody understands what Chileans are saying right?

It's only the flaites, man. Don't pretend argentian "lunfardo" is any more intelligible, or any other country's "hood" equivalent.

I for one I've interacted with a lot of bolivians, and while the more educated ones are some of the best, clearest spanish speakers out there, the rest are fucking impenetrable.

what about the caribbean huh? what about the island niggas like us huh? WHERE IS OUR REPRESENTATION HUH!?!?!?!?!?!

First learn some Spanish and then we'll talk about representation.

vino mal de fabrica
viteh

even if there was a super hero from the caribbean they would make him jamaican too. also i stopped learning spanish after my hot spanish teacher left so fuck spanish

Rec me some fucking comics you twats
Some good stuff off the top of my head:
Anything by Alberto Breccia
Anything by Oesterheld, Eternauta is the most famous but Ernie Pike was gold
Anything by Robin Wood like Dago and Nippur, one of my main reasons to love Paraguay besides the slutty women

Jorodowsky because he is nuts and Metabarons is pure unaltered kino

Its a shame really that a lot of the good stuff never reaches the anglo speaking crowd, I only ever seen latino authors get decent reach in France, Portugal and Italy

Attached: qi2wtpo1_500.jpg (500x443, 69K)

Wolf is kino too

Attached: FB_IMG_1566227195409.jpg (720x1136, 140K)

Brazilian here. We hate ourselves, we hate other latinos countries and we hate faggots like you OP.

Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Cuba deeply stare at you.

>River
>Not BOKITA PASION

Maracaibofag here just posting to tell you to fucking kys trimardito

Attached: 1556991409565.png (960x540, 459K)

Based and patacónpilled.

Jodo is chilean, but all of his comic work classifies as franco-belgian.

The best comics Chile ever produced were under the Mampato/Cucalón family of books.

I will

We, Uruguay, got nuked in Hickman’s Ultimates. And that was it, I dont think Uruguay has any big two character at all

Peru showed up in Avengers: No Surrender iirc, as one of the locations where the Pyramoids landed.

Its hilarious how Chicanos want so badly to be mexican, but never can be. Literally all they know about mexico is

>fuck america for stealing mexican land!
>day of the dead!
>luchadore wrestlers!
>haha, arent churros awesome!
>I dont know any actual mexican food, but I'll still be angry about americans liking tacos and burritos!

Attached: CHIDORICAME2.jpg (640x480, 55K)

>>Economy okay
Is harder to get a job nowadays thanks to the venezuelans and because of global markets volatility. Hell, even with the potential of advanced elections investing decisions are posponed and everyone is scared of the fact we will grow in GDP less and less.

I think NGO took over the public institutions to push over their agenda and also trying to pave the way for future candidates of their liking. During this time the 'institutonal feminism' was never pushed as the current times.

Don't forget
>Speedy Gonzales is so offensive we the real Mexicans hate this stereotype!
>What do you mean people dress in white shirt, wear sombreros and say Arriba! In Mexico?

>Mampato/Cucalón
Fucking good stuff.

I wasn't serious
Got no clue where the guinea pig name really came from

Not the guy you're replying to but fuck you, you got me fair and square

Just slap a mexican/south american/spanish name onto a white guy black guy or asian or have them casually mention all of once that they can speak (insert latin language here)fluently.
There.
There's your representation.

haha L O N G B O I

Where's the Native-America representation?

North American natives or South American natives?

If North, you've got several. Even some X-Men and shit.
If South... I guess there's that native peruvian girl who hacked a GL power ring in some Bendis' DC book.
And the Galvarino comic but that's too local to Chile.

Just slap a mexican/south american/spanish name onto a white guy black guy or asian or have them casually mention all of once that they can speak (insert latin language here)fluently.
There.
There's your representation.

As a Brazilian, yes I am disgusted by the thought of being near Bolivians Cubans, peruviana and the likes of these "people"

Haha no

More like the nigger of the team

>native peruvian girl who hacked a GL power ring
bolivian* and that was also in name only because she looked like your generic bendis' black oc

you're right

Fuck, my sides

Rest assured, dear Huehue, to the rest of South America, you are "those people"