Let's discuss Disney parks and other Yea Forums related theme parks...

Let's discuss Disney parks and other Yea Forums related theme parks. Do you think the use of IPs for attractions is a positive or negative?

Attached: e85275f9b586a9eb6b098.jpg (960x672, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@snydergary310/the-dis-influencer-2ec902b53c77
micechat.com/233418-miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-promising-the-moon/
marketwatch.com/story/disney-whistleblower-told-sec-the-company-inflated-revenue-for-years-2019-08-19
youtube.com/watch?v=224ue2pNkWk
youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
youtu.be/-EdbKKB7Omo
youtube.com/watch?v=U8_VaxwiX50
youtube.com/watch?v=SFWtIP-TZFo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z59QnVEEB4k
youtube.com/watch?v=EPO3S649TNs
youtube.com/watch?v=P3-04kUQg0s
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8nnrKRwl00
youtube.com/watch?v=Yex3a9zf5vg
youtube.com/watch?v=aosavjDnGaM
youtube.com/watch?v=UYuc1Iff72A
passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2012/02/on-integrity.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=-zCNM1oa9Go
youtube.com/watch?v=vTVYe9wLlIU
youtube.com/watch?v=EnKggt6xDBI
youtu.be/2RdzAoW5kxA
touringplans.com/blog/2019/08/15/walt-disney-world-new-mid-day-magic-ticket/
youtu.be/NsUWLqB68No
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Hgexp2AuE
youtu.be/elSmJFoMeVI
youtu.be/-DCiemPA8QY
twitter.com/BackDoorDisney
twitter.com/BDDArchive
youtu.be/5kZc_zNh_bs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Love Harry Potter
>Hyped for Galaxy's Edge and whatever Universal does with Pokemon
>Saddened because I realize we'll neve get an ATLA area with the same amount of love and care

Nickelodeon being such a mismanaged mess really stings sometimes

Attached: EBsIrWzWsAA-oUi.jpg (682x384, 52K)

Who AutopiaDefenseForce here?

This ride gets shat on like there's no tomorrowland, and it's certainly not anything really exciting, but I think it's an important part of the park. It's a nice scenic drive through a pleasant, "undeveloped" part of DL, and it plays the part of the out of town freeway network of Tomorrowland's future city. Just electrify the cars, play some cool "future engine" sounds onboard, add a little GPS monitor on the dash, and put some more stuff along the course, and you've got a solid C-ticket.

>but it takes up sooo much space!!!!!!!

Yeah, it does, let's scrap it. The Rivers of America does too, let's scrap that. Jungle Cruise? People only go for the jokes, let's scrap that too. Then before you know it, the whole park is nothing but cramped midways and showbuildings. These "lesser" attractions are integral to the style and atmosphere of DL.

Now, if we ever got Tron in CA, that would be an acceptable replacement, but only because it's cool enough. Expanding Fantasyland with Frozen shit in place of based Autopia would be unacceptable

Attached: DSCF3169-1000x1500-5761c3783df78c98dc65adc7.jpg (960x640, 142K)

The Disneyland one should stay, the WDW one can go

Just replace that shit with an actual go kart track or, since the cars are already linked to the track, give the course an elaborate makeover, boost the speed on the cars, and have it as a road race ride with a randomized winner each run.

Is there a term for that generalized fear/excitement panic twinge little kids get when they see something fictional the love suddenly in real life.

I always feel bad when they cry or hide behind parents because Elsa is a real person or Goofy is giant.

> The Rivers of America does too

Does anybody wanna tell user they literally shaved off part of the rivers of america and tom sawyer island for star wars?

seriously, the DWD one is shit compared to DL
there's not even any trees.

Also matterhorn is more exciting then disco yeti.

i remember when twitter was going nuts over a fake river

>HOW DO YOU DO
>MIGHTY PLEASANT GREETIN'
>HOW DO YOU DO
>SAY IT WHEN YOU'RE MEETIN'
>HOW DO YOU DO
>WITH EVERY ONE REPEATIN'
>PRETTY GOOD SURE AS YOU'RE BORN
>WHAT GOES UP IS SURE TO COME DOWN
>A PENNY LOST IS A PENNY FOUND
>HOW DO YOU DO
>AND YOU HOWDY BACK
>A LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND A LITTLE BIT OF THAT
>HOW DO YOU DO
>FINE, HOW ARE YOU
>HOW YOU COME ON
>PRETTY GOOD SURE AS YOU'RE BORN

Attached: 1553261187143.gif (290x354, 2.95M)

I went to Tokyo Disneyland a few months ago. It was pretty good. It hurts that I didn't have enough time to go to DisneySea though, but it leaves me something new to do if I go back in a year or two.
I remember that there were a bunch of girls in Oswald ears.

>Do you think the use of IPs for attractions is a positive or negative?

As almost everything it's both. Done well you get great rides like Wizarlding World, Spiderman, classic Fantasyland dark rides, splash mountain, great movie ride, Tower of Terror etc.
Done wrong you get fast and furious supercharged, Stich's scape or Tiki Room under new management

It's everything about excecution and also remembering that original ideas can make new enjoyable and populare experiences like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Horror Nights icons, all of efteling, original Imagination, Tiki Room, Tokyo's tower of terror, Big Thunder, original Fueling Dragons, etc.

Haven't seen the DL one but the WDW version is an eyesore that smells like shit. It should have been gone years ago.

Will you be visiting Fantasy Springs when you go to DisneySea?

Just hope that when CBS/Viacom merger finally finishes up that they sell their assets over to someone who can manage all their assets more competently.

Tomorrowland in general could use a massive revamp. It feels very much like a slapdash afterthought.

Hopefully. It doesn't open until 2022, right? I might have to go in 2021 for a wedding and miss out.

Kino

It genuinely makes me mad how badly Nick has been doing. They've probably got "fuck you"-money in spades thanks to Spongebob but they do jackshit with it aside from, well, more Spongebob. Hoping that Glitch Techs breaks that mold and we get more quality new IPa from them. Also hope we get more Zim now that Jhonen seems down for more.

Galaxy’s Edge has been a failure. Park attendance hasn’t been anywhere near where Disney wanted it to be. It’s all style and no substance.

Attached: 74A84EA4-B93D-45C4-BD34-B5C6AECAC89E.jpg (700x393, 60K)

Is it true that GE in Orlando is about the same or worse than the GE in Anaheim?

What assets does Viacom even offer?

It seriously felt like Viacom was being scouted by Netflix for a while given the releases of Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, & the upcoming live-action Avatar series.

>that cap shadow emphasizing that fat fucking face
lmao

Glitch Techs is already cancelled.

No idea. I don’t think it’s open there yet.

Cast member and passholder previews have been going on since August 1st. I'll be going tomorrow.

I'm so fucking tired of IPs. Why does everything have to be tied to a franchise?
Every big movie is based on existing IP. TV shows are based on existing IP. Toys are only made for existing IP. Toons, comic books, t-shirts, oranges, whole theme parks based on existing IPs.

Oh shit, well in that case I have no idea. It had better be good, then. Otherwise, Disney has a problem on their hand.

Because that's what the shareholders want- safe, synergistic moves that don't rock any boats. Only properties that are being worked on right now. Old Star Wars can go fuck itself.

Wait for Rise and DHS.

It has the same capacity limitations on the cantina and such

Well this is insane

medium.com/@snydergary310/the-dis-influencer-2ec902b53c77

>Al Lutz has been a sockpuppet account for other Disney insiders since at least 2002 as Parkinsons lead to retirement from writing
>These insiders were fed by Disney exec Zenia Mucha and Roy's Save Disney movement was partially an inside job by her and Bob Iger to manipulate the fandom to help kick Eisner out so he could take power.
>Al Lutz's sudden return a couple weeks ago with the news about the Galaxy's Edge cuts is part of an op to throw Bob Chapek under the bus for the land's failure and kick him out since he's been craving Iger's job for some time now.

Isn't losing chapel what we all want

Oh it is, but you gotta convince the other suits and big shareholders that might have his back to drop him, so making the failure of a huge project that started before he came in his fault is an easy way to evict him.

We want to lose Iger

This article needs to spread beyond this thread. This is more then the parks

Losing Iger is not going to improve things. Practically anybody on any board would try to make similar decisions as Iger. Assassinating Iger will just lead to another tyrant in line. It's a coin flip if there will be any improvement. Corporate is a machine.

TMNT and Garfield, apparently. Rumor has it they're courting Six Flags to make up for WB making their own park and pulling their license, so I doubt we'll ever get anything really immersive

The article implies that Al Lutz was more or less a manufactured personality by government snake Zenia Mucha. Mucha used Lutz's influence to convince the fandom & Roy Disney that Eisner needed the boot. It was an undercover corporate coup.

This does read a bit like a sensational piece. I cannot tell if there is truth to the conspiracy.

Garfield? Since when is lasagna cat popular?

Nickelodeon has zombie Spongebob, MeTooed Loud House, & Paw Patrol. Am I missing anything?

MTV has no music, reality garbage, & a woke Daria sequel I guess.

BET is pure garbage. Black people probably don't even watch it, especially with such an exclusionary name.

Comedy Central has South Park & fuck tons of reruns. NBC will likely pull The Office & P&R from the channel to promote their own streaming service, & Disney should follow suit with Futurama & King of the Hill. What else is left beyond a show that has maybe seven new episodes a year? Tosh.0? Reruns of Chappelle & Key & Peele? Bojack Horseman cut down to size?

Kevin Yee's weighed in on the matter.

Attached: KevinYee Lutz Drama.png (1182x579, 81K)

>Let's discuss Disney parks and other Yea Forums related theme parks. Do you think the use of IPs for attractions is a positive or negative?
Why does this sound like you're doing market research?

Iger bootlicker
Why should anyone trust him

I don't know why he brought Instagram influences into the picture. It's like he's saying Al wasn't bribed "like those scum".

>Be 9 year old me
>Go to Disney World for 9th Brirthday
>First thing I see when I walk into park is a Belle meet and greet
>Small line to meet Belle in blue dress under a tree
>wait in line under sun to meet favorite princess
>Say Hi to her
>No reply
>She just says "Photo Time"
>Go to put arm around her waist for photo like I would with any friend or family member
>She pulls away and says "Ah Ah Ah!" as if I did something wrong
>She holds out her arm so I can loop it around hers to make zero body contact with me
>start feel sad
>Dad snaps photo
>Spend rest of the day feeling like my favorite princess didn't like me
>Just wanna go home
>Photo gets developed
>Burn photo in fire, and swear I never wanna bump into a Disney parks Belle ever again

Funny thing was that I was 9 and didn't even view her as a female. To me she was just my favorite princess. It's been years since that, and I'm still very much angry about it, and don't know what I would do if I ever had the misfortune of bumping into a Belle while on vacation again, but it wouldn't be good.

Attached: Loop.jpg (743x715, 127K)

And D23 is next weekend.

I wonder if shit's gonna go down, or if it is all going to be glossed over & ignored.

... Definitely the latter.

He's already said he's gonna retire in two years.

So with Universal going 'THIRD PARK' at the same time as Disney's 50th, do you think we can expect some news of a fifth park from Disney to counter?

Attached: AR-190809978.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66.jpg (1200x513, 126K)

yikes, sorry user

Attached: yo wtf.png (500x317, 100K)

>still no SpongeBob area
also, I doubt Pokemon will get more than a gift shop. TPCI is super fucking stingy

Attached: BikiniBottomUniversal.png (1000x1000, 1.21M)

So what do you guys think of Popeye?

Attached: Popeye_and_Bluto's_Bilge_Rat_Barges.jpg (1500x1125, 699K)

On one hand, I believe it.

On the other hand, they'd be absolute fools not to. Universal has established themselves as THE leaders in immersive theming, and Pokemon is easily in the top five of fictional worlds people want to live in. It's win win win for all parties involved.

>Universal has established themselves as THE leaders in immersive theming
all they really have is Harry Potter though, nothing else they have is immersive. Harry Potter is fucking phenomenal, but overall, Disney's parks are more consistently immersive.

That aside, I do hope we get Pokemon. A dark ride would be kino. Maybe a Marine Tube with animatronic water types?

I'm glad Disney is forcing Universal to step up their game

Damn, either Disney has dramatically overhauled its policies since then or you caught a cast member on a really bad day because I had nothing but positive experiences when I went last year.

This could serve as a way to bring back Jaws, even if it's straight out of that godawful third movie.

One of the best rides at Uni and IOA

The thing is, Harry Potter was HUGE in the theme park industry. It pioneered things that DISNEY needed to copy. And now Universal has a head start.

It's too early to say it's a trend, but if Universal can pull it off again with Nintendo they can take a huge chunk of Disney's business

Oh I'm sure they will and honestly I can't fucking wait. I hate how Disneyfags think they are so superior when Disney hasn't done anything worthwhile with WDW in years. Pandora was ok but the rides are really underwhelming. And with the leak of how the new spiderman ride is another midway mania, it just goes to show they really just don't care about their parks anymore.

But Kevin Yee told me that this is the best decade for new Disney park attractions ever
He also told me that there's no Disney shills/sockpuppets supporting Iger

It's such bullshit man, the only land/attraction I was really impressed with from Disney recently has been Cars Land when I visited earlier this year. I'm going to Galaxys Edge tomorrow so hopefully that changes my mind but I don't think anything will top Wizarding World for me.

Don't ride it in January

spoiler: It very likely won't

>Be a kid that is way too into Jack Sparrow
>Wait an hour with my dad for a PotC movie preview thing at the park
>Be really excited to see the Jack Sparrow face character at the end
>Rush towards him when it lets out
>Holy shit, there he is
>He looks right at me
>"I have a special mission for you!"
>Gestures with his hands
>"I'm going to need you to go over there and exit."
>That's all he fucking says
>Start walking away and turn around
>See him actually interacting with other people, doing lines and shit in a crowd

I was just a kid, so it actually put me off of Jack Sparrow for a bit.

There's no shows, no music, no shade, no scenery, nothing to give the land any kinetic energy. It's significantly worse than Cars Land, which is funny because I love Cars land but hate the franchise itself.

>No music
I REALLY don't fucking get this. You own the franchise that has some of THE most recognizable songs in existence and you DON'T USE THEM FOR YOUR STAR WARS THEMED LAND? They even got a score from John Williams for the land and decided not to use it.

>They even got a score from John Williams for the land and decided not to use it.

They do use it, but only in the ride itself. They got so caught up in immersion that they decided that having John Williams music play when you're walking around outside was unrealistic and focused more on ambient sound effects and Holonet radio programming. Same thing happened with Pandora: You only get music on the rides or in the human operated restaurants.

>Galaxy’s Edge trip next week
>completely missed getting Droid Depot or lightsaber reservations
Is it even worth it now? I seriously doubt I’ll get to do a walk in that opening weekend.

Attached: EBD681A7-1924-46B7-805B-DDD3029045CA.jpg (800x489, 53K)

If you really want it, it ain't over until it's over.

oof, you experienced a one in a million meet and great

Any Northeast bros excited for the Jersey Devil ride/coaster Great Adventure is getting?

Yeti will be fixed at some point, it was confirmed.
>I still remember riding OG Everest with fully-functioning Yeti as a wee lad
>scariest thing I'd ever seen in my life

Don’t believe his lies.

Attached: 31E69666-DBF4-418F-AE45-3788A3A6B843.jpg (693x1024, 116K)

I highly recommend constantly refreshing the reservations page, tourists are known to cancel reservations all the time so there is a good chance you can get lucky. I spend hours sometimes just refreshing the fast pass page to gets the stuff I want and it works. Good luck!

I don't like that personally, walking into the Harry Potter lands and having the iconic scores play is just so wonderful.

None of Galaxy's Edge makes any sense.
>Let's make the new land Star Wars themed
>It's a new location so that you can live your own Star Wars story
>Nothing fucking there to live your story
>Buy lightsaber
>Nothing to do with it
>Buy droid
>Can't let it out in the land
>Collect credits, they dont do anything and the Datapad app doesn't even let you have a custom character
>No aliens, animals, bounty hunters, droids, musicians, anything to fucking do beyond buying merchandise in a range of shops and eating in what looks like a mechanic's garage.

If they were going to make a new land, they had free reign to make it look as crazy as they wanted, like some beautiful woodsy shit or a palatial desert area. The Smuggler's Run overflow is literally set alongside a bunch of fake freight crates. Who the fuck wants to visit that?

I literally looked again because you said that and there are a ton of droid openings now. Thanks mate, my robo buddy will be in honor of you

Attached: 849BDC54-B87D-4858-AC39-E61A6FDE95BE.jpg (800x516, 229K)

Honestly don't mind this. After all the Star Wars shit forced into Tomorrowland, I'd be glad to never hear the Main Theme or Imperial March in the parks ever again.

Cheers!

Attached: happy despair.jpg (1920x1200, 237K)

Holy shit. I’ve been keeping up with his articles since day one.
And Dustysage works for Disney? What the fuck

Never mind I misunderstood. Still reading the article. Wtf

>mfw I actually believe it because something has always seemed off about Al Lutz

I just want somebody to make the budget cuts stop, especially for live entertainment at DL/DCA. The Frozen show is shitty but they just cut that to one performance a day, too.

Attached: 1564853890805.jpg (1024x817, 77K)

How did you screw up Star Wars Land, disney?

Attached: fate disney night 0.jpg (720x3240, 3.5M)

By jacking up prices so that only the six richest kings of Europe can afford to go.

Holy shit, is this real?

Attached: 1563571425084.gif (245x320, 1.4M)

Opening it when it was half finished and that's after you slashed a huge chunk of previously announced content and interactivity. After the initial buzz it turns out no one really cares about a time-limited area with a single ride and a couple of gift shops with lots of restrictions. If they wanted crowds, and to avoid backlash, they could have simply announced it as a sneak peek at the unfinished area and not locked out the pass holders.

They really should have delayed it to open with both rides.
Hell, they could have easily cross-promoted it with Episode 9.

Somethings always seemed off to me too but I could never figure out why. His posts always seemed too consistent or something, like someone writing a character

I think disney is waiting until all their current constructions at the resort (new rides, hotels, skyride, etc) are done before they even think about a new park.

Here's the article the reported "Al Lutz" came out with a few days ago.

No they can't even fill the 4 parks they have

I can't wait for tourists to clog Hollywood Studios and denying me my beloved Tower of Terror

>Tower of Terror
you mean the upcoming guardians tower

There's already a GotG ride at WDW, dial your doomsaying back a bit, please.

Even if it isn't gonna become guardians, it's still likely that they'll remove the Twilight Zone licence in the future. Perhaps they'll give it a backstory similar to the Tokyo DisneySea version (which didn't have the licence to begin with)

Attached: Tokyo_DisneySea_Tower_of_Terror.jpg (521x800, 143K)

Could be pretty cool. I'd like to see how they could adapt the forward-moving "fifth dimension" bit to the Harrison Hightower story.

This, just don't make it another cheap brand cash in

I'm stoked, we haven't had a proper coaster added to that park since fucking El Toro

>No new roller coaster added to Thorpe Park since The Swarm
>All we've had since then was a Angry Birds rebranded area, a jungle maze and that shitty "Ghost Train" VR thing

That was clearly the original plan, what with “late fall” for the initial opening date. But crowd projections for the spring and summer before they announced opening it early were low, because everyone was pushing back vacations.

And then they still ended up with fairly low attendance, because they blocked out so many APs at DL.

>Weird consistent reference to breakfast pastry and beverage
>"sharp pencil boys" repeated at least three times

There's other weird tics but it's too early to remember. He does seem like he is written like a character.

I don't think that blocking out passholders would've mattered in the end because there's no repeatability. All that you can do is go back and buy more Star Wars shit, none of which can be worn/interacted with in the land itself. The front-line CMs get less and less friendly as time goes on, too.

Rise of the Resistance still won't fix it because there's no atmosphere or energy.

>Hyped for Galaxy's Edge
Oh I'm so sorry

Well no kidding, they cut all the cool shit. No riding giant weird alien beasts, no dinner shows, it's just really expensive restaurants, even more expensive merch and one fucking ride.

It's just so weird to me that they put all of this emphasis on the land being fully immersive/alive and it's one of the most lifeless areas they've ever made.

I don't really get the "not enough rides" complaint for GE. Yes, RotR not being ready blows, but when have new "lands" at Disney opened with more than two or three rides? Pandora has two, Orlando Wizarding World opened with one (new, that is), and Cars Land has three, but two of them are (rather nice) flat rides.

>Make a restaurant with a droid spinning what looks like shawarma
>Promote the fuck out of this in press articles
>It sells one entree, a hot dog in a pita, and gas station-tier turkey jerky

Fuck

Neither do I, because the extra ride is not going to fix it. It's like everyone involved was so far up their own ass that they forgot to see it as a visitor. Or maybe it really was designed for a bunch of shit that got caught, so they only have the skeleton there.

Because the entertainment budget got slashed late in development, so no stunt shows, aliens or droids. The black spy girl character is a leftover from the stunt show plan.

Well shit, I liked it. GE isn't pants-wetting exciting, but I feel it's a solid addition to the park.

I do really like how SR is presented. The whole multi turntable system is fascinating, and I love how the dome screen's edge are perfectly hidden by the cockpit. It's a better visual than Star Tours or Soarin' (I had a particularly awful corner ride on Soarin' recently where the screen edge was directly in my forward vision). Whether or not it's a better ride than those, I'll have to evaluate on future visits.

I mean, it's based on a planet from a book that no one read because new Star Wars books are garbage.

Attached: Star Wars Books Then and Now.jpg (1147x1261, 335K)

Other way around. The Timothy Zahn book was written to shill the theme park land. Because they thought "If Timothy Zahn puts a scene in this book where Thrawn orders this alcoholic drink at the cantina, then Star Wars nerds will pay a bunch of money to get drunk the same way their blue red-eyed daddy does"

Well, nice trips aside, I'm not reading that shit.

Attached: Neo Star Wars Novel.png (1524x666, 1.08M)

It's amazing how they fucked it all up. Like, they've been doing theme parks for decades at this point. California Adventure had a better launch than Galaxy's Edge, didn't it?

Is that from that anthology book? Because I'm pretty sure that was meant to be comedic in tone.
Not to say that this is funny, just that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Fun, nice theming, and great for hot days not the ride why you visit that park for but it's one that you should check

The worst part is that it's also quite n character

It's from the Join the Resistance books for kids.

Reminder you should not go to EuroDisney if you ever find yourself in Europe. Go to Europapark or the Astérix one.

Attached: thumb_294977_cover_header.jpg (1200x630, 146K)

I know it's not disney but the JP area in IOA is probably my favorite theme park area. I felt like a kid again exploring everything there, so much better than Disney's Dinosaur area

That's even worse. It means that they think kids can't get through weddings without a fart joke. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if every chapter has a fart joke somewhere.

Is this a matter of personal preference, or did somebody get shot at EuroDisney?

The ride is already almost an original ride to be fair most of the things could remain

Eurodisney is constantly full thanks to the chinese, waiting for rides takes around an hour and half of them are usually broken on the day you get there.

It's fun when you manage to escape that shit but most days you just give up end up in the studios one where they have conferences on CGI and pyrotechnics.

Attached: front-lot.jpg (952x500, 161K)

>always wanted to go to Disney World
>family never wants to go
>go myself
>family gets mad at me for not inviting them
sometimes I never understand people getting mad at you for not taking them to somewhere they never wanted to go in the first place

OFFICIAL DISNEYLAND DARK RIDE RANKING
S
>Pirates of the Caribbean
>Haunted Mansion
>Indiana Jones Adventure
>Splash Mountain
A
>Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
>Alice in Wonderland
>Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
B
>Pinocchio's Daring Journey
>It's a Small World
>Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
>Peter Pan's Flight
C
>Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
>The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
>Snow White's Scary Adventures

I have been wantimg to visit the Asterix park for a long time

>Pirates at the top of the list

Attached: 1563217126076.gif (245x168, 795K)

Rivers of America and Jungle Cruise knock it out of the park in aesthetics and presence though. Autopia is an embarrassment from a forgotten time. The problem is slower novelty rides like the ones you mentioned or Storybook Land, Small World, etc generally have hard theming to make it a cool journey. Autopia is meant to be a draw for the ride itself but it's so outdated that the only fun way to ride it is to never touch the wheel and let it slam you around

Damn that's rough user. For future reference to you and everyone else in this thread Tokyo Disney Sea is the greatest theme park in the world. It feels like the kind of visionary heights wanted Disney parks to reach

>tfw no Muppets treasure island ride that parody pirates
>tfw never got the great Muppet movie ride

They should've done this instead of a Simpsons land. Not saying that because of the Disney/Fox buyout, SpongeBob is just better theme park material.

Simpsons already had the ride to build the land around.
With Spongebob they would need to make a whole new attraction.

Said ride being one of those ones where you're seated in front a giant screen watching a movie, right? Rethemeing that to Sponge wouldn't be too hard. That could've been the Chum Bucket ride.

>Said ride being one of those ones where you're seated in front a giant screen watching a movie, right? Rethemeing that to Sponge wouldn't be too hard.
Isn't Simpsons more well known than Spongebob?

Reminder that you want to be online Sunday at around 10:30 am PST for the D23 park reveals

Attached: 15662249582.jpg (819x1024, 93K)

Not my experience at all. Went with my GF in September and loved it. Never waited more than 15-20min for a ride, the park was basically Anaheim Disney with more room to breath so it was a very horizontally oriented park with tons of cool side shit to do like mazes and neat interactive areas like Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse connected to Hook's Ship which was next to Skull Rock which you could go deep inside to end up in Davy Jone's locker with all of this connected to a pirate fortress that serves as the line for Pirates of the Caribbean.

Also every ride that Euro Disney and Anaheim share, Euro Disney has a better version of it.

Simpsons & SpongeBob have achieved immortal pop culture god status along with Pikachu & (ugh) Minions.

I'm waiting for the renovation to be complete.
Which I think is like 2025.

even still, they already spent the money retheming the ride from BTTF. It would be a waste redoing it again just for a Bikini Bottom area.

Theme parks are not related to cartoons or comic books.

>no sage
Away

But if they keep The Simpsons, they're just feeding the competition. Same with Marvel Comics island.

Of course except the part where they include direct adaptions of comics and cartoons, including rides with actual animation in them
We answer this every thread

Prevents disney from using the license.

Younger kids, even if their parents allowed them to watch Simpsons, probably still care about SpongeBob more.

And having an underwater city makes for a much more interesting and immersive theme park area than what's supposed to be a normal town but everyone has yellow skin. If you were to ask people whether they wanted eat at the Krusty Krab or Moe's Tavern based on theme alone, I'm sure more people would say Krabs.

They're going to have to retheme it in the near future anyway since Universal's competition owns the Simpsons now.

Depends on whether or not their Simpsons contract has an expiration date. Marvel's been kept up all this time because it was a perpetuity deal and a royalty fee is a small price to pay for cucking Disney out of using their own acquired characters in their biggest theme park market.

>Heroines of the Disney Galaxies
>Inspiring Women Behind Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
What the fuck is this shit? Are they sure they want to go through with the latter panel? Disney can't stop the booing from an entire audience of disappointed fans.

That's quite the ouroboros of a parasiting relationship. It's the corporate version of cutting your nose to spite your face.

I heard their contract with the Simpsons expires sometime in the early 2020s. If true, I doubt Disney would let them renew it.

Why would the people that would boo GE be at D23 in the first place?

Maybe they will, but this is the Disney circlejerk convention after all. They might clap like seals and anything with the Disney logo on it

Most fans are wiser than this. While there will always be fans who blindly support everything Disney does, most folks are still critical. If fans can hate Home on the Range & Chicken Little, then they aren't completely brain dead.

Everybody acquainted with Disney knows Galaxy's Edge was a failure. People are calling for the firing of Bob Chapek over how poorly the land debuted. Disney can't bury poor reception from their own fans.

Yes, but how many of those people are going to fork over for a Disney convention?

Too kino for this world

Please join my ritualistic dance in hopes that this piece of shit will leave soon and stop infecting the sacred dome.

Attached: shit.jpg (800x400, 30K)

>Listed thrice in the list of coming refurbishments

God I hope they boo that panel
Iger and Chapek need to go. At least Iger is leaving

The park is looking to draw more crowds than the CA one but good god, the park looks like a cheap copy of the California one. I don’t know if this are just temporary isssues but
>cheap looking Home Depot tables that ruin the inmersion
>Holdo animatronic died after the CM previews
>REX animatronic is also dead
>Droids on the outside are also not moving
>Too bright in colors which makes the place look extremely cheap
>despite having more space for construction it feels really small compard to the CA one

Is it safe to say Disney can't do animatronics right anymore?

Should be the same on both coasts. If you didn't like it in DL, you won't like it in WDW

Would really blow if Hondo isn't working though. He was running fine when I visited DL earlier this month, and was a highlight, seriously impressive animatronic.

They can do animatronics right
They don't want to do animatronics right and that goes against muh IPs

The disneyland one is working just fine, the WDW whole falcon preshow pretty muchs gets skipped because its in B mode, so the line moves faster but it ruins the whole experience, same with the cantina, WDW’s REX is just there not moving at all, its sad to watch

That'd be a fucking shame. Springfield is legit one of my favorite themed lands and you just know Disney would never do something as cool as having a Kwik-E-Mart or Duff Brewery or playing old clips on all the monitors

Copypasta incoming:
>Whilst we're on the topic of theme parks, imho, a Warner Bros. theme park like the one in Abu Dhabi would kick all of the ass, especially if they incorporated ALL of the stuff they own, like CN, DC, Looney Tunes, Monsterverse, Rooster Teeth, Willy Wonka, etc.
>Of course, they couldn't do it in Florida, especially not Orlando, since that place is already saturated with theme parks. Maybe they could do it in California or Texas.

This, they might as well buy all of those props from Universal and ship em to California Adventure, it seems like a huge waste to just let them root

Should've gone with Coruscant-Type themeing instead of an Tatooine or Jakku like outpost, no one wants to live in places like that, even in universe.

Bright Suns, my ass.

i just want a real dc park where i can meet zatanna

Holy fuck that's really uncommon. I'm a fat guy nearing 30 and every meet and greet I've ever done with non mascot head characters has been great.

Had an Alice meet and greet that was full of nonsense logic and whimsy.

They normally are wonderful to kids.

Chapel is ruining the parks by trying to squeeze every last cent out of every square foot. There's an individual upcharge for shitty seats to see Fantasmic at the River Belle, shitty $300 parties for HM and Paradise Pier, and all the live entertainment is being removed. They shouldn't have even built Galaxy's Edge if it was going to be half-ass, Chapek honestly thinks that people go to Disney parks just to buy shit.

Apparently there's accounting fraud going on in Parks and Resorts now.

marketwatch.com/story/disney-whistleblower-told-sec-the-company-inflated-revenue-for-years-2019-08-19

I've heard Parc Astérix is actually really disappointing

>Iger confirmed using sockpuppets
>Disney confirmed having accounting fraud
The absolute state of Disney the past 2 days

Universal was able to get a highly favorable contract with Marvel because at the time of the license, they were in the gutter. Simpsons was notoriously finicky with their theme park rights, so I doubt they're in perpetuity.

The number I see thrown around most is 25 years. Which means the contract will expire roughly 2033.

Who is ready for Brazil

Attached: 7daj427.png (594x668, 460K)

more thrill rides need theme music youtube.com/watch?v=224ue2pNkWk

First time I've ever seen someone post my home park in one of these threads, good on you user.

Attached: 1494442878222.jpg (473x390, 21K)

Major coaster being built next year, they been teasing for a while and have long had planning permission to fill in more Lake for one

Based
Zahn's new series was actually solid though, partially because it doesn't have to tie into much else.

for me its the whizzer

I need to go there, its literally on the way to dlp from the ferry por

>Rooster Teeth in a theme park
Rage Quit ride when?

Marvel land looks like it could be ready in a year. Hoping to hear on the ant man and Doctor strange attractions at d23

>Droids on the outside are also not moving
This is the same in DL. The droids that are scattered throughout the land are just static.

That sounds really disappointing.

Man I hope Hondo is working by September when I'm going. Disney is going to spend years trying to fix this failure of a land, I can feel it.

its a spiderman ride thats just toy story with webs and a dr strange show

Dlp was terrible for a long time because no money was spent and it fell into disrepair. They literally left one of the paddle boats to rot in plain view.

Disney bought back the park 3 years ago and instantly put it into emergency measures, giving every ride an extensive closure and rehab. Looks much better now.

Disney studios is still embarrassing but that's getting a major transformation now

It getting spider-man, Rock n roller will be avengers themed but they also said there will be doctor strange and ant man attractions (which are visible in the promo art)

oh my bad i didnt see you were talking about dlp
>tfw your guy antman gets a ride but its just a lame reskin of buzz
a fucking waste

Attached: ants.webm (1280x720, 1.34M)

Hoping that isn't the case for Paris but expecting it

>Let's make a theme park land based on a popular IP
>Not going to use any of the known locations from the popular IP because expectations
>Free to make literally any kind of world anyone can imagine, like a futuristic city, imperial palace, some crazy fucking space ecosystem, etc
>Let's make it a bumfuck outpost with a bunch of rocks, worn desert areas with no shade, and rusty warehouses

It's like they were trying to make it fail.

youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA

Attached: expedition-everest-train-12.jpg (1680x1050, 1018K)

D and F-ranked rides?

>Spongebob area becomes Glove World

Not much more to add to that list unless DCA stuff is included. Otherwise, Little Mermaid and Monsters Inc would be that low.

God damn that gave me some nostalgia shivers. I used to own that fucking VHS, now I'm all happy-sad.

Attached: 1560128147066.gif (267x495, 831K)

Oh sorry I misread, I didn't see the "dark" ride specific part. Yeah, that seems like a pretty accurate list then.

I have been on the Monsters Inc. ride once, and that was only after I learned about its previous history as the Hollywood ride. Literally, the only appeal is trying to match up the old ride animatronic celebrities to the CDA animatronics.

Sorry I meant the barbecue droid with the pod engine, it wasn’t moving when I went unlike on Disneyland that was spinning the meat.
Specially the color they chose for WDW, they used more vibrant colors on everything because its way darker over there I suppose, but when the sunlight hits, everything look cheap and fake, I got 90s Space Mountain flashbacks at how bad some of the buildings looked. The only thing I can say I enjoyed over the DL version is the alcoholic blue milk, but that shouldn’t even count as a positive.

You REALLY ought to wait until Rise of the Resistance ride is fully functional, and even then I don’t know if it will be worth it as rumors indicate that the budget for that ride got cut so bad that it will be just a glorifies kiddy dark ride, and maybe not even a good one, but a cheap trackless ride like the ones you see on the shitty Dreamworks parks in Dubai

meanwhile on the other side of town

Attached: universal.jpg (720x405, 57K)

I'm still fucking salty that I could never ever visit it
t. poorfag post-soviet kid

With the exception of Ratatouille, Disney's got a good record with making engaging trackless dark rides. The problem with all the crap in Dubai and stuff is mismanagement of space in physical sets. Like every fucking dark ride there looks like they keep you 20 feet away from the characters, even when copying the "Suddenly joined by a trackless vehicle full of character figures" bit from Tokyo Pooh, when the whole point of that gag was to have them actually riding with you.

>Been to Disneyland only once when I was four due to my dad winning a contest
>Still remember most of it to this day
I heard Toontown's pretty much nothing like it was when I went there now. Like I went when Goofy's house still had the bouncy floor. I was so fucking scared of the mascot suits.

Attached: 1560254803154.jpg (1152x1280, 124K)

It's mostly the western half of town that got hit hard by lawyerproofing. And the Jolly Trolley. Hopefully the addition of Runaway Railway in a couple years will result in a rejuvenation of the whole land. Would be nice if they took Tokyo's "Help Goofy repaint his house with some projection-mapping Mario Paint system" idea for making Goofy's House actually worth going to again.

No fucking way

>Viacom cozying up to Six Flags
>The most we'll ever get is a kiddie coaster with an Aang cutout slapped on it

Attached: D6kncZ0XoAEn8qm.png (625x599, 451K)

Disney own like more then half of the entertainment industry and they still cut costs for their theme parks. Such penny pinching jews.

>Simpsons
>SpongeBob
>Pikachu
>Minions
Hmm...

Attached: file.png (733x569, 8K)

>mismanagement of space in physical sets
This is what people are worried about, here is what the rumour tells us about the ride delay
>Imageneers fucked up and made bad alignments on the magnetic floor
>the cars ought to bump into each other once in a while because of this
>they have to destroy and rebuld the whole floor because they where rushing everything so bad they saved the test until the ride was almost complete
>once they are done with WDW they will send all the imagineers back to CA to fix the ride again in a rush job
>rumors has it they might have to cut some of the cars and leave empty areas because of this
Not to mention the budget cut the ride is supposed to have, making it a lackluster version of what they promised

why did they rush out Galaxy's Edge, anyways?

I thought it was fuckery related to it taking place on two floors and the elevators, since they hadn't done a multi-level trackless ride like this before. Didn't realize they fucked up that bad.

Disneyland one is understandable, they were hoping to draw all the summer crowds, but they screwed up in Mayor ways:
>Dude, the park is gonna be so packed,you better plan your trip!
>One B-list ride for 160$+ tickets
>All of the AP got full summer blockout
With no AP holders and the price increases plus the possibility of the park being crowded as fuck, no wonder nobody showed up, it happened once on Disneyland Paris, and they learned shit.
But save from the fact that RotR is not open yet, Disneyland version is been working fine, but the WDW is showing us that it only took a fucking week for all the animatronics to fail. I really don’t get the point in rushing the WDW one as they could have opened the area during November holiday season just fine with only a couple of weeks apart from opening the brand new attraction, I mean WDW new attractions or not is always fucking crowded during holiday season, but Disneyland is too reliant on the AP, so blocking their dates and increasing the tickets so much was just shooting yourself in the foot

They're unironically putting more time and polishing into Mickey's Runaway Railway, though I'm afraid for it now too

I forgot to mention the yellow connection. Glad someone still got it though.

They fucked up big, I mean how can you do your job so lazily that you don’t have any access to the sensors that make your ride work? Also, it is most likely they got rid of the whole second floor stuff because of the budget cutting, so we get a waaay shorter ride now, just like what happened in Pandora with the river journey as they blewd up the budget on the animatronic

>Also, it is most likely they got rid of the whole second floor stuff
I seriously doubt that. From what I can tell the two floor building is already in place. Why would they go to the trouble/cost of building it to not use it? I could see other special effects being cut, but not that.

Attached: star-wars-galaxy-edge-hollywood-studios-update-2.jpg (1200x675, 243K)

I'm happy to see this ride in Disneyland
I hope Oswald cameos
I'm still fuming it replace GMR at Disney World

If the ride is anything like the show, there will be Oswald cameos in a trashcan or an obituary

At least it's a character that has relevance and history with the "golden age Hollywood" theme. It could've been something worse.

OFFICIAL DISNEYLAND RESORT DARK RIDE RANKING
S
>Pirates of the Caribbean
>Haunted Mansion
>Indiana Jones Adventure
>Splash Mountain
>Radiator Springs Racers
A
>Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
>Alice in Wonderland
>Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
B
>Pinocchio's Daring Journey
>It's a Small World
>Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
>Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout
>Toy Story Midway Mania
>Peter Pan's Flight
>The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure
C
>Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue
>Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
>The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
>Snow White's Scary Adventures

toad is too high its only good if you have went on it as a kid

It's a little flat (literally) compared to the rest, but I just love how much of a classic "spook house" style ride it is. So many great gags, collapsing armor and barrels, near-collisions with mirrors, and the simple but effective trainwreck. Replace all the animals with ghouls and you'd have a ride that would make Bill Tracy proud.

it hurts that the kino WDW version is gone. while i love pooh, i wish they refurbed the DL one to have the dual tracks. the one way street gag was great

Disney will probably deny him being used on the ride like they do the show

Thankfully Pooh's other victims are still safe in Florida.
>never saw this at DL
>went to WDW
>didn't think to see it

God I'm dumb.

Attached: cbj.jpg (624x351, 55K)

post comfy music loops for work and relaxing

youtu.be/-EdbKKB7Omo

I tend to listen to this shit a lot more than I should.

youtube.com/watch?v=U8_VaxwiX50
youtube.com/watch?v=SFWtIP-TZFo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z59QnVEEB4k

Just got home from Galaxys Edge in DHS, ask any questions you might have. Some thoughts though.
-All animatronics were working great, I went on Smugglers Run multiple times and the animatronic there or Rex in Oga's Cantina didn't break down once.
-The area near Rise of the Resistance is really spacious but also very barren. Everything worthwhile to see in GE is shoved into one half of the area while the rest has nothing going for it except the attraction opening up later this year.
-The atmospheric sound design is cool, but I'd much rather prefer to hear actual music like in Wizarding World at Uni and IOA
-The food is really great, way better than WDW's normal, piss poor standards
-Smugglers Run is a fun ride but not worth the wait if it's 35-40+ minutes. The flight simulator isn't as good motion as wise as Star Tours, you don't feel like you're moving that much. And while there is music in this ride, you can hardly hear it.

Overall a fun land to walk around in, one of Disney's best, but not as good as Cars Land or Wizarding World.

Attached: 1565772870548.png (241x250, 61K)

I'll say that I prefer the more fanciful architecture and mountains of GE to Cars, but Cars wins overall because the town itself is more lively. On that note, why isn't the area just called Radiator Springs? I know about the old Carland concept, but still.

About the "outskirts" of GE, I feel that needs something too, so here's a challenge. Come up with a flat ride that could fit in that area. Nothing like Dumbo that mechanically looks like an amusement ride, something that makes sense on Batuu.

Make way, GOAT coming through.
youtube.com/watch?v=EPO3S649TNs

Attached: COSMO GATE 83.jpg (1600x1000, 336K)

How did Disney drop the ball so hard on this? It bums me the fuck out. Disney has been the leader in theme parks since 195-fucking-5 and now it's losing to Universal.

The sad thing though is, it's probably all IP shit from here on out... no more Pirates or Haunted Mansions, no more Journey into Imagination or Country Bears...

Tomorrowland in WDW is so nostalgic and comfy to me but my girlfriend hates it. I did hear a rumor of a refurb, though?

There was supposed to be that Bantha/creature ride (peoplemover-type attraction) that would've had it's loading area by the First Order shuttle, but it was one of the multitude of things cut from the budget.

>cut from the budget
why would disney cut their budget? they literally have trillions of dollars. why cut corners?

I have no clue man, like I said it's good but could definitely be better. I'll reserve my full opinion of the land once Rise opens.

Pinching pennies is what they do best.

Don't forget lying about it too.

They spent a ton of money on Disney Shanghai, and they have a ton of new attractions coming to all the Disney parks. Sure they have money, but they have a significant amount of costs that they have to account for. Magic Kingdom was supposed to have a grand theatre for musicals like they have in DCA but they cut it due to financial restraints and too much spending.

A much larger Astro Jets but with a variety of different hovercrafts and a Jabba animatronic talking shit to you when you pass by, what do I win?

Not sure, but that last "Al Lutz" article (and of course I have no idea what to think of that, now) said something about DL's Tomorrowland getting something for 2020? Sounds awfully short notice, but nevertheless I'm waiting anxiously for D23 announcements, and praying to Dreamfinder that Based Mountain comes out of any Tomorrowland updates unmolested and free of the Star Wars disease.

I believe the music loop this track comes from was never played at DL, only MK, but God damn is it hot.
youtube.com/watch?v=P3-04kUQg0s

Attached: GATEWAY TO FUTURE DOME.jpg (1274x1834, 534K)

Aesthetic as fuck picture, user.

Any tips on cooking my books?

>what do I win?
More music.
Now, let's go to "F U T U R E" together.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8nnrKRwl00

Attached: ASTRO WATERFALL STREET.jpg (743x367, 78K)

Prepare a nice hot flame, and burn from the edges so that it evens out. Goes great with a small boy.

For every hyper-immersive and expensive thing Disney builds, there's a fucking Pixar Pier or Toy Story Land.

Also, even though the Bantha ride was a cool aesthetics and kinetics thing, the low capacity and "Every vehicle is also an animatronic thing" probably scared the shit out of the suits.

Also, not defending the Bobs in any way, but haven't lots of grand ideas for the parks been cut back in the past? Like the four-lane (!) Space Port?

Attached: holyshit.jpg (1024x709, 323K)

As one of the most optimistic, not often critical guys in these threads, I can safely say Pixar Pier is fucking shit. Paradise Pier was doing so well with the cleaned-up Victorian aesthetic, and they just shat all over it.

Where are you getting this info?

I personally hope they go for a redesign that could work indefinately. a retro-futurism mixed with the clean white style of futurism could work. imagine an area with lots of sharp white architecture, but also flowerbeds and red and blue streaks

There's a rumor going around that Tron is coming in some capacity. Either another Lightcycle coaster clone or a new ride on a refreshed Peoplemover track.

My idea was a "glass and green" style. Keep a good chunk of the classic white, and build onto it with abstract glass geometric structures with interweaving greenery. Also, more need to be done to make CA Tomorrowland into a believable future city, rather than the kind of world's fair it is now. 94 MK Tomorrowland was actually really good with that.

Attached: TIMEWARP.jpg (1023x678, 284K)

Meet Bob Chapek, who's MO is "Build it and people will come (But build it for cheap)" and the people didn't come. Galaxy's Edge was met with a collective meh because it wasn't the immersive experience it was promised to be by Imagineering who planned it for years with Tom Staggs.

But when he took over he slashed the budget.

>More info here:

Attached: bob_c_castle_headshot_web.jpg (300x300, 25K)

Pixar Pier hurts my soul. I've never been to DCA mind you, but I am a HUGE sucker for boardwalk/early americana themed stuff. Trashing it by just spraypainting brands over it hurts

>new ride on people mover
please tell me you mean DL and not WDW, cause right now I'm pretty sure Tron is coming to WDW and not DL

that sounds kino not gonna lie

I'm all for that. TRON fits Tomorrowland perfectly because the idea of entering a digital space physically is very futuristic and perfectly inline with technology today and onward.

Yea I suppose, I wish Disney would go all out and make insane stuff like this. But remember they also have to pass a TON of safety inspections or requirements. So while some of the stuff got cut to budget, I'm sure others like the one you posted would've not been made as a safety issue.

Remember when Imagineers were full of passion, imagination, and creativity?

Many have said that DisneySea is where these impossible fantasies actually take shape.

That's the past, kid. Gotta save money even though we have billions in a cave somewhere.

>By "Al Lutz"

Tron was confirmed for WDW some time ago. Meanwhile, if the rumors are true about the Tomorrowland refurb at DL, this would be the best opportunity to do so since there's nothing they can do with the tracks there without closing off all the major show buildings.

I'm guessing that the Peoplemover track is still gonna not be used for anything.

I hear it’s still good but such a mechanical clusterfuck that it will never operate perfectly for even one day

Tron is more than confirmed at this point.

Attached: Tron-Construction-Update-June15th-3-990x556.jpg (990x556, 70K)

Pixar Pier is Chapek's doing and so is Guardians Mission Breakout. They're cheap efforts greenlit in an effort to reduce crowds for Star Wars (Which has turned out to be pointless now because no one showed up for Star Wars thanks to annual pass and ticket price drama).

They still are. They're just being managed by uninspired corporate suits like the Bobs at the moment. Focusing on their IPs and shoving them in every corner of the parks. If the people in WDI were in charge we could expect original dark rides in the parks.

There's actually been some interesting plot twists going on with the story in that the insider who wrote the Medium piece is apparently part of a wealthy family tied to the leadership of CBS/Viacom.

you know i honestly believe with Avatar land all animal kingdom needs is just one more new big attraction. and you could close down expedition Everest for a good 5-6 month heavy referb and repair and not lose any interest in the park, hell you could do it right after the christmas heavy season and be done with it before the summer .

Attached: 446e56657dfd3fe8d7b47f16d596479e.jpg (500x375, 45K)

>Guardians Mission Breakout
I actually think that one looks fun though. Pixar Pier is straight trash (and this is coming from someone who really loves Pixar) but GGMB, from what I've seen, seems super cool.

>the two men ruining disney's spirit are both named bob
huh.

they could've done it immediately when avatar opened given the crowds. i was there in january 2018 and we were basically waddling through the land. there was a line just to GET IN. the line for the flight sim went all the way to festival of the lion king.

Tommorowland is in a sorry state in Disneyland and it has problems over in Florida as well, the Eisner era was not kind to that land. A refurb under the right hands would be appreciated but Bob Chapek is already gearing up for one according to MiceAge murmurs so you can expect the worst.

Mission Breakout is good but ToT was clearly re-engineered to allow for reskins in the future Universal style (With all the screens) in the distant future.

Funny considering Breakout's recurring halloween overlay.

The fuck is California Adventure about anymore? The fuck is Epcot or Hollywood Studios? What happened to theming?

Everything's becoming IP Land. Because creativity is for idiots.

Who needs theming or soul?

Attached: 2cnig.jpg (396x395, 36K)

best horror nights announcement in a long time. im really excited for this house hope they do it right. also kinda hyped for the ghost busters house I wonder what they are going to be pulling from as far as the movies/Cartoon

Also >An US House
I just cant see how this is going to be a good house decision and not just a cash grab

youtube.com/watch?v=Yex3a9zf5vg
youtube.com/watch?v=aosavjDnGaM
youtube.com/watch?v=UYuc1Iff72A

Attached: Killer-klowns-from-outer-space-movie-poster-1020469217_maior_ainda-2-.jpg (1133x1600, 296K)

Imagine a maze with the Grundel.

Universal really did a number on Disney's psyche with Harry Potter huh. This past decade has been management scrambling to have their Wizarding World moment.

The way Micechat responding to the rumors by locking the thread made me convinced there's some truth to it. Though again, maybe both aspects are true and who leaked it did so due to Viacom ties and we're just watching a proxy company war
People who are bootlicking disney are trying to deny it, but this is the company that made front companies to buy Disney World's land. They know how to easily manipulate online discussion

You could interpret it as the admins being hurt at someone going after Al like that after coming back for so long. His insider sources from the past 100% had an agenda but that's not up to Lutz. It's been blown up into an unlikely conspiracy theory

Nah, imagine running into this fucker in the maze.

Attached: I REMEMBER YOUUUUUUUUUU.png (876x672, 755K)

Everyone in this thread needs to read this

passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2012/02/on-integrity.html?m=1

Is it normal that I have never even gone to Florida but shit like this saddens me?

Attached: 1970 Marc Davis.jpg (208x280, 22K)

>Magic Kingdom was an IP park from the start, really, but also its own unique thing with it's themed lands and unique rides like Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and PotC (pre-movie). the whole park had (and still does have) a magic feeling to it
>Epcot was about future technology and the cultures of the world. from great food to seeing what life could be like in years to come, the park had an overall feeling of comfiness, peace, calm quietness, and serenity.
>Hollywood Studios was a lowkey IP park from the start but had the charm of being a real actual movie set with shows and performances everywhere. walking through the movie set city streets felt special
>Animal Kingdom was a zoo on crack- super immersive safaris, wild rides and lots of animals. even the structure of the entrance era feels like a jungle maze. you felt like you were on a world journey

>now they're all slowly becoming IP parks and losing what made them all stand out from each other

kill me, just kill me

Can't wait to walk through white corridors filled with rabbits and people in jumpsuits looking at you funny.

>He thinks Disney still gives a shit
user...

Hurts the most with Epcot tbqh

Epcot was the most unique theme park to date, and it's slowly becoming another generic IP based park like Universal.

Nah I can confirm, WDW and Disneyland are like night and day. I'm a Orlando local and have gone to WDW a shit ton of times as an annual passholder, but Disneyland is far and away a much, much better theme park.

Considering the rampant 'WDW > DL' mindset that shows no end of stopping, I feel nothing.

As a Disneyland local, the thing that stood out the most about Magic Kingdom was how surreal the whole experience was. You ever have dreams where you're at a familiar place, but something is noticeably different and you only realize it once you wake up? It was like living that.

Cool park though, and long live the Peoplemover.

There is a huge Disneyland bias, not just in the company, but in the world. Snobs think DL is better for being the first.

WDW's Magic Kingdom needs some retouchings- the Haunted Mansion needs a Hatbox ghost, for example. PotC needs to finally be completed and full length. Tomorrowland needs a retheme that will make it less dated and tacky (the whole thing, while charming in a way, looks like a plastic early 2000s toy space pistol), Adventureland and Frontierland are both desperate for new content, Stitch's Empty Showbuilding needs something new, etc etc etc

The theme is "how many IPs can we cram in here"

I had the exact same feeling walking into Disneyland! They are so similar in some areas but your mind starts to think "Wait shouldn't that be there or that be over here?" It's so wild and I loved it. Also you guys have the best versions of the rides we have here.

I'd be cutting Studios's shift in focus a lot more slack if they had just kept Great Movie Ride and put Mickey somewhere else. Like if you're gonna make the park more about "Going inside the movies", why fucking drop the ride that's all about that and features all sorts of genre variety packed into one thing for a ride based on a version of Mickey that the suits will probably discard in a few years anyway?

Adding the Hatbox Ghost or making POTC a DL clone would add to the problem the article describes though, that's Disneyland's history. WDW needs to preserve their history without letting clueless imagineering turn it into a Disneyland clone.

Does make you feel a bit bad for WDW. Constantly in the shadow of the first park, constantly getting changed to be like it and losing all it's own history.

i like 2013 Mickey, i hope the ride is fun

that's true, i didn't think of that. WDW Tiki Room needs it's original name and music back, the PotC Barker Bird needs to come back, as well as the talking skull

god, all of this is super depressing

Pirates wasn't even meant to be at Magic Kingdom in the first place. Marc Davis wanted to do his Cowboys and Indians version, Western River Expedition, and they just rushed a version into place for Florida and devised a present tense storyline to streamline things. Like the audio is drowned out by movie score and they shut off the cannons, but the idea of WDW's Pirates is that it's the backside of the Fort that you see within the ride. You were able to hear the voices of the Spainiards preparing for battle while pirates were digging in their cells to try and escape while waiting in line, and you have that pirate ship out in the distance when you load into boats that are meant to be a means of escape, only to go through skeleton catacombs and wind up in the midst of the battle.

The Western River Expedition is the biggest lost MK ever had, honestly.

I wish WDW's Pirates at least tried to be more unique. The queue is amazing, and while the ride is fun.... DL's is objectively better.

I like to believe Marc Davis Thunder Mesa complex wasn't built because Walt's ghost hated his fucking guts for not letting Rolly Crump get his museum of the weird built.

>Walt hated Marc Davis
nice lie

Walt literally loved Marc

Attached: file.png (1267x61, 19K)

Oh fuck I forgot all about Western River Expedition, that would've been so cool.

Speaking of crazy unbuilt concepts, was there ever anything more nuts than Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition? An absolutely gargantuan temple building holding:
>EMV ride that would become IJ Adventure
>mine cart coaster
>Jungle Cruise river passes through
>railroad passes through

Attached: holyfuckingshit.jpg (1000x432, 97K)

All the WED old guard felt threatened by Rolly, not just Marc. Besides, Rolly's designs leaned more towards Marc's silly spook tendencies, albeit more occult-flavored.

Apparently the real answer to Thunder Mesa's demise though is the 70s oil crisis fucking over tourism as well as space hype leading towards prioritizing Tomorrowland and Space Mountain.

Holy fucking shit. This sounds amazing.

neat but i'd rather more original content

>Magic Kingdom was an IP park from the start
How so? Because of the Fantasyland rides? Those are in DL too. They're earned however because they're classics. Who the fuck is gonna be thinking about the Guardians of the Galaxy in 80 years time like Snow White?

Sounds incredible. It's a miracle we got Indiana Jones Adventure still, the parks division was struggling a lot back then because Euro Disney.

yeah, but, like you said, they were earned. they fit. they weren't just shoved in there like Star Wars Land in Disneyland or Avatar land in Animal Kingdom.

Didn’t they do a Killer Klownz maze a few years ago?

Last year they had a Killer Klownz scare zone

Also a Disneyland local with family who worked for Disney corporate so we got in free when I was a kid. I always wanted to go to WDW but my parents figured DL was closer so why bother. I loved going though, still do, and have a lot of great memories.
Now that I’m an adult I am thinking of planning a WDW trip eventually but it’s so overwhelming.

It's crazy because DL is like just going to a theme park complex while going to WDW is liking going to entirely new mini country.

Yeah it’s crazy. I keep thinking maybe i’d just skip MK but I want to check it out just for how surreal it’d be as a Disneyland regular like another user mentioned.

Might as well while you’re there.

Guardians at least has directorial vision. I'd wager those movies are gonna age the best out of the whole MCU.

any details about it yet?

What do you britbongs think about that planned London Resort in Kent?

Attached: Paramount_Kent_Artist%27s_Impression.jpg (387x258, 24K)

>The fuck is California Adventure about anymore?
The fuck was it about when it opened?

Hey OP and the rest of this thread

I'm really drunk and I love you all

You know what never gets talked about? The atmosphere music in the parks.

Which area has the best music in your opinion?

To me there's nothing better than the innoventions theme

youtube.com/watch?v=-zCNM1oa9Go

A California themed theme park. In California.

exactly

oh 2nd place goes to Marvel Superhero Island for being forever stuck in 1998

youtube.com/watch?v=vTVYe9wLlIU

Listen to this and think of pre-MCU marvel, where the X-men, Spider-man and Fantastic Four are kings, and the avengers are b-listers.

Good times.

very good taste
youtube.com/watch?v=EnKggt6xDBI

holy shit user I never knew the name of this song

thank you so much!

Attached: YES Astronaut.jpg (1977x941, 432K)

no prob
also I know it ain't an area per say but I love the new Test Track music.
youtu.be/2RdzAoW5kxA

I skimmed through it, definitely didn't remember this. I could have sworn there was some remixed tron music in the queue. Vastly inferior to the Legacy versions, but remixed Tron music somewhere in there.

I really like the old Test Track theme though made up of car noises, and generally think the old version is superior to the new one.

touringplans.com/blog/2019/08/15/walt-disney-world-new-mid-day-magic-ticket/

This seems pretty good.

Based. Had this in one of the old Disney Sing a Long Songs VHS I watched when I was a kid.

Jesus what the fuck

youtu.be/NsUWLqB68No

Man the impact when your ass hit the seat again would be enough to discourage me from pulling that shit.

Banned for life for sure.

They put too much stock on the new trilogy theme.

Don't know about you, but Micechat's response message does not seem like someone who is telling the truth. It reads like a North Korea propaganda post honestly and lacks any professionalism
Here's the thing: Whatever you believe it's a conspiracy. Either Disney is sockpuppeting the community or it's a hit piece by Viacom or someone with a grudge. Or a little of both

Attached: ECSSIU0AEoZ2u.jpg (979x1555, 281K)

>evil
That whole post is autistic af

Reminds me of those safe driving PSAs where there's a car crash with a bunch of people and the dude without a seatbelt bounces around and kills everyone

>cars land isn't called radiator springs
>toy story land isnt called andys backyard
Why?

I guess so it's more easily recognizable for parents. Kind of stupid, but then again so is the average tourist. A good chunk of parents know the name Disney but know fuck all about their films or Pixars.

Original user here, Me and my fiancee are getting annual passes so I'll go again when ROTR is open. Just going in September at first, then in October again.
Podracing simulator.

I'm blown away by how Cars Land manages to be one of the best lands Disney has ever produced while Galaxy's Edge is one of the worst. Nearly everything in GE just feels not thought out and rushed. Half the line of the Millennium Falcon ride is spent looking out a covered window at the ass end of the Millennium Falcon. You can't see anything else. And then there are movable lever and buttons to press...that have no effect despite it being the perfect place to have some steam fire out of the Falcon or lights turn on. Shitton of walkways, doors and windows to nowhere that completely fail at the illusion of life. Go walk down Main Street or New Orleans Square and little things like lights and shadows in balcony windows help imbue the land with a sense of activity. Like you're in a lane that's always alive and moving. The land is Not Coruscant themed and 90% of it is just shops and big ship models that you can't tough or interact with. Go down a needlessly long path of bushes to the Resistance side and...it's a roped off X Wing and two more carts to shop at. Then another needlessly long path of wasted space and bushes...and it's an exit. What retard designed this. It feels like a case of having no limitations and fucking it all up because you don't have to be creative or restrictive, you just expect Star Wars to sell with minimal effort. Despite the franchise being on a downward trend because of the lack of effort.

And then Cars Land is legitimately perfect down to the very last detail.

>Go down a needlessly long path of bushes to the Resistance side and...it's a roped off X Wing and two more carts to shop at.

And a ride that's not open yet that might be further compromised by the mad rush to have it open in time for Christmas.

I kept having to explain what Galaxy's Edge is so now I just use star wars land, the average person doesn't give a fuck

Don't need another simulator

they have a lot of rollercoaster for example this one

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 226K)

Sorry, I didn't mean an actual simulator. I mean you get to sit in a podracer cockpit and race along a specific area. You could do something similar with a landspeeder.

maybe its a bunch of salty tourist who cant speak french

which signs is more offensive?

Oi mate do i need a loicense to respond?

Ratatouille is proof the trackless ride system is not good enough for a spiderman ride. Seeing the floor the whole time destroys the immersion and moving back and forth doesn't compare to a motion base. Such a disappointing ride

The superstar limo ride was just shocking

Could be incredible but I've major doubts of it happening. The location would be amazing. You could stay at the hotel and take a Thames clipper to Central london

No info other than a year old teaser image. Lots of people think it could be a mega coaster.

Wait the vehicle doesn't have a motion base as well?
lame

Fuck those shit heads. They could have hurt someone (80kg dead weight flying at them). Probably fucked with someone's job too

Nope it jerks in various directions to try and replicate one.

The idea for the ride is good but the tech is soo lacking. Hope they learned their lessons for star wars

you know the answer

Attached: 38gyu7.jpg (802x500, 115K)

What about a brand new $19.5m wooden boi?

Attached: IMG_20190704_110304.jpg (958x539, 235K)

I went with my family for my birthday, the trick is to bring some in a wheelchair. was there for 5 days we didn't queue at all thanks to direct disabled access. we got a lot of shitty looks from other guests but eh fuck em

well its a strong number 1 for wooden coasters in the uk ;)

So now that Sony is taking back Spiderman, what's the likely turn out for the ride they were planning for California Adventure? Cancelled, revamping it for another hero?

Disney buyout of Sony

Anyone that honestly thinks Disney should buy fucking Sony just so one fucking superhero could be in a film again is beyond retarded. Sure let one company get even more power and influence just so you're stupid fucking ironboy cuck can be in the MCU again.

Attached: 1566246736423.png (229x255, 126K)

Not to mention they'd probably shoehorn Ghostbusters into the Haunted Mansion or some shit.

the disney version would be the same thing, except it would be "1 crazymouse in the dark"

I love it as a water ride but Island's really isn't a water park so me and my friends never really want to ride it.

Wasn't it already delayed to Spring 2020 or are they trying to go back to the end of the year because of how dead it's been?

>Went to Not So Scary with friends
>Longest wait time for a ride was 25 minutes
>Firework show and food is also great.
>Parade kinda sucked this year though.
Me and my friends are actually considering going again just to try to get all the food since we missed a couple.

Attached: 1450828903142.gif (200x150, 395K)

It's a split. Unless the info's changed since then, WDW will get it in time for Ep.9, but DL will have to wait until January of 2020.

I was the type of kid who overcame this by kicking the mascots in the shins yelling/laughing "fake fake fake fake"

aren't they trying to have some kind of cockpit sim?-arcade thing?

I don't think it's going to be good at all, Disney is too constrained by "what it's trying to do" to make it good..

>keep bringing up DK land in these threads
>hardly get any discussion
What do you want to see? We know how the coaster works, but what sort of setpieces do you want to see on the ride and in the area? The model already shows Rambi and Ellie in some bushes. What kind of shit can you buy at Funky's Flights? What will the food be like? I'm so excited.

Attached: DKCNintendoLand.jpg (960x960, 207K)

These Nintendo Land diaramas just seem too good to be true. They look wonderful, both DK Land and Mario Land.

>what the mouse want, the mouse get
wasnt what they did for x-men with Fox?

That's the Millennium Falcon ride that's open now.

Hoping the barrel is a launch and makes the noise

this with vr maybe

Attached: tenor.gif (498x207, 1003K)

Not So Scary was one of the best things I did when I went to WDW last year. Even though I ended up waiting almost two hours for Jack and Sally everything else was fantastic. I actually ended up enjoying it more than Universal's Horror Nights, which surprised me. Of course, HHN had crowds so bad that I only got to see two mazes because the wait times were two hours long. I'm having second thoughts about going to HHN again but I would do Not So Scary a second time in a heartbeat.

Attached: b2f[1].jpg (680x447, 26K)

oh, that was pretty stupid of them.

the should've had a bigger setup that would allow a family to take up tail-gunner positions and shit.

idk, like a hanger-bay.

The coaster 100% has to be a mine cart ride. Floating launch barrels and bananas/coins.

PRETTY GOOD SHOW US YOUR BALLS

It is, we've even got footage of them testing the prototype, though I don't have it saved. The part you sit in is attached to a boom so make it feel and look like you're jumping gaps.
It doesn't exactly look like this but this is the general idea.

Attached: dkc_rollercoaster.png (827x396, 146K)

weird, what happened? is it maybe the Insomniac Games buyout by Sony related?

Personal Favourite
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Hgexp2AuE
Still wish Muppetland had been built.

Attached: folorn turkey.jpg (507x314, 17K)

>London Resort
With Paramount pulling their cash out of it and everything else going on, I doubt it'll get finished or built.
Like, Doctor Who rides? Cool, I'd love it, but... Would tourists?

I'm planning my Halloween trip in October. I've been watching videos on the food. Not impressed with Moe's area but very impressed with Diagon Valley.
youtu.be/elSmJFoMeVI

Post any pics you have of theme park foods and tell me of your favorite? Has anyone had the fishy ale? I am wondering about the taste and the price.

Do you have the Mario land one, I'm more interested in that one.

You guys are small time.

These chinese lions traumatized me as a child because one of them pretended to eat me.

Attached: Chinese_New_Year_Lion_Dance.jpg (1419x1600, 805K)

dole whip is goat

I didn't expect much from Three Broomsticks and only ate there because I was starving but it turned out to be really good. The butterbeer is also really good, both in regular and frozen form.

I love broomsticks. I had something there that was amazing. It had sourkraut and sausage.

butterbeer has doubled in price since it come out

I like the half vanilla half dole mix personally.

Has anyone tried this?

Attached: universal-food-012.jpg (746x745, 151K)

fucking disgusting. the whole experience was a disappointment.

What does this taste like?

Attached: fishy-ale.jpg (440x500, 19K)

looks like bubble-tea

my thai friend loves that shit

I know it kinda fucked your childhood up, but I can't stop laughing at how excited you must have been to hear him say he had a special mission for you, only to tell you to GTFO.

Butterbeer is a meme. THIS is the money drink.

Attached: Doj2IFTUUAALodz (1).jpg (680x458, 111K)

Anyone remember when the Tomorrowland stage at DL was called "Club Buzz"? During that time, they had this fucking phenomenal chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick. It was a big chocolate and sprinkles-covered circle of cheesecake, like a giant cookie, on a stick. I loved that shit and could never find it anywhere else in the park after they took it off the Club Buzz menu. Is it anywhere in the resort today? I'd love to have it again.

>eating at Pandora canteen
>make conversation with not busy cm
>Ask her if she likes working there
>she says it yeah leaving earth was the best choice I've made in a long time time
I love when they stay In character so I can only imagine galaxy's edge

best ride

Attached: download.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

This girl did a good job. I wish she put the prices though.

youtu.be/-DCiemPA8QY

Fuck. The thing I want most is for Disney to start bringing back their lesser known characters for meet and greets. The Tokyo Parks are the only places where you can still meet characters like Robin Hood and Esmeralda regularly.

I want to meet the Rescuers and Bolt DAMMIT

Yeah it looks like Warner brothers are thinking of entering the theme park industry just from an outside perspective alone. I mean they do have the second most iconic western properties second only to disney and just looking at the wizarding world of harry potter's success must be making the at&t execs think they can do better/rake in all the money universal is making.

Robin Hood comes out every Thursday now at MK.

If they did an indoor theme park like abu dhabi but in areas like new york or even chicago where winters can be brutal but near a city that has a huge population, that would actually be a killer idea.

That's great to hear. I hope it's permanent

>Kong's Banana Hoard
>it's just an empty room that plays the facepalm jingle when you walk through the door

If you're a Simpsons fan then Springfield is like Mecca. I had a cold Duff beer and a colossal donut from Lard Lads and I just chilled out watching classic clips from the Golden era while ambient Simpsons music played in the background. It was so fucking lovely, and the Krusty Burgers are actually pretty damn good.

It's like apple juice with a pumpkin-y taste. Not bad but it's clearly the redheaded stepchild compared to Butterbeer.

>FLUDD mister
Oh I'd absolutely get one of those

No, wait. I'm wrong. Monday is Robin Hood and Little John. Thursday is Friar Tuck and Prince John. The only other day I know is Friday, which is Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde.

For those who went to the Orlando parks either as kids or adults what order did you go to the parks? When I went as a kid, went 3-4 times, we almost always did it in the same order

>Day 1: Magic Kingdom
>Day 2: Epcot
>Day 3: Hollywood Studios
>Day 4:Universal Studios

Normally Universal Studios was always last for us, I guess because we always got places close to Disney and normally after Universal Studios, the next day we would head home.

>Magic Kingdom (twice)
>Animal Kingdom
>Universal Studios
>Hollywood Studios
>Epcot

Made the mistake of not scheduling a rest day in between all those parks. My feet paid the price for literally months.

>Magic Kingdom
>Hollywood Studios
>Typhoon Lagoon
>Animal Kingdom
>Blizzard Beach
>Epcot
>Exploring Orlando

>Universal Studios/IOA
>Magic Kingdom
>Epcot
>Animal Kingdom
>Hollywood Studios

Normally the day we went to Epcot would be our rest day to decompress from the chaos that was getting to Florida and going to Magic Kingdom

We were poor but my grandmother bought tickets.
>Magic Kingdom
>MGM
>Epcot

My favorites were Peter Pan, Small World, 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, and Horizons.

I have this memory of waiting in the heat and looking at this really wrinkly old lady who had a hot pink bikini top with very hanging wrinkle bumps and wondering what was wrong with her.

It's time to ruin the magic one more time
twitter.com/BackDoorDisney

Attached: D6Y8TVAWkAQ9S_D.png orig.png (474x820, 336K)

Is that the real Buzzy head? Where did you get that picture?

It was posted on that account, but everything archived from it is now here
twitter.com/BDDArchive

So...did he actually steal the animatronic or do we know?

Why give that criminal any more attention. Thats what he is. A criminal He stole. it.

>line for banana hoard is super long for some reason
>jingle plays like you said
>you’re pissed, you waited thirty minutes for this
>as you go to leave, a K. Rool animatronic/puppet pops out of nowhere, scaring the shit out of you
>it laughs at you, then lets you take a picture with it
It’ll never happen, but let me dream.

Attached: B623C019-C42D-4D57-8319-FC466C534787.jpg (728x584, 45K)

The account is no longer being run by him it seems. Everyone loved his content, but he played everyone like a damn fiddle when maintaining his innocence. Hope this new guy won't be a thieving scumbag too.

>This is on Disney's official Spotify playlist for the Expo

Could this be it lads?

Attached: Enjoy some unrelated music before the Parks Panel.png (588x125, 25K)

It's not. It ends Mid September, as far as I know.

HOLD THE PHONE

Attached: Figment imgA28.jpg (230x275, 17K)

We know it was stolen, and it was probably him, but we can't know for sure that it was.

YES PLEASE

Second best ride

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 182K)

Prettiest park

youtu.be/5kZc_zNh_bs

I'm positive that this fat fuck will be lurking around somewhere in the park.

Attached: 1536956554922.gif (400x210, 984K)

Our nigga can't stop winning

Attached: 91e31a31aaf990ce8acf5407aeb2c7.jpg (298x448, 32K)

Man, i miss this meet and greet.

Here's the rest of the park related songs from that Spotify playlist
Does it mean anything or is it just random?

Attached: 4spotify.png (792x369, 231K)

I dont know, I guess I find it interesting in a bizarre way.

This. It's totally fascinating. I'm an Epcot cast member, and we are all shook as fuck. This might be the most interesting thing to happen in park's lore in a very long time.

With Runaway Railway coming to Disneyland, Toontown could be getting some additional refreshing, though Roger Rabbit is sticking around.
Lot of Epcot rumors have been pointing towards some elaborate fountain gardens leading to the Seas as part of the Future World overhaul. Plus it functions as a medley of Pixar music.
Electrical Parade is running again at Disneyland
Monsters probably doesn't even have anything specific to do with parks since again, Pixar medley, plus you got the Monsters at Work show on the streaming service.

I’m currently saving up for a Disneyland Annual Passport, which tier should I get that’s “reasonable” but not balls-to-the-wall insane? Or should I give The Mouse a flip of the bird should go for Universal Studios Hollywood’s Platinum Pass?

Oh, and if it matters I’m a SoCal resident so I qualify for their Southern California Select Passport.

Six Flags employee here, a bunch of us followed his stuff too just to see what its like at Disney backstage compared to here.

Don't forget the Tiki Room Moana upgrade everyone assumes was faked
But I think you nailed the rest. Roger Rabbit, Nemo and Figment are the ones to watch

The roped-off spaceships on pedestals is the funniest part because how the fuck does that help immersion. Put them on a fucking cliff or on some rocks or make up a Batuu museum, just make up something that isn't a static ship on a roped-off platform like it's in the Star Wars Launch Bay.

My boss is going in a few weeks to WDW and offered to get me a 50th anniversary Haunted Mansion pin- anything I should tell her to look out for

Moving from texas to florida. A 2 hour drive from disney to be precise. I want to get a florida resident annual pass and I'm leaning towards Disney World, not Universal. Am I making the right choice? Passes are super fucking expensive overall so I want the most bang for my buck. Disney just seems to have more to do, other than big rides, which they have a share deal of. Which has the better food? Disney, won last time, but maybe Universal stepped up.

I am "military" so I can use the really cheap 115 hotel right next to the Polynesian to cut down on gas and movement overall.

Universal is steadily catching up, but Disney still wins.

Occasionally, Chewbacca, Rey or the Resistance troops wander up to the ships to perform "maintenance".

They couldn't build a mock repair/maintenance area for it?

Disney for now, but Universal might overtake it once Epic Adventure opens

Meanwhile, Kylo is seen disembarking over at the First Order Shuttle.

Both lead to the same result: Crowds gather expecting a show or something, only to disperse when they realize it's just someone coming out of hiding for a while.

I forgot Universal was opening new stuff, Disney has been trying to shit out some shiny new things to try and outshine them as usual.
I really liked universal, but the food was awful, disney's isn't great but better, and it seemed like it took more energy to do, and the only ride I really remember was jurassic park. I hope the nintendo section becomes a really good addition.

The roped-off areas are supposed to be maintenance areas.

Elaborate? I’m not familiar with Figment lore

>Look at all this money we saved!

I actually really enjoy stuff like this. The characters walking around, just doing stuff. Makes the lad feel alive. I'd love to see more atmosphere characters about. Maybe some minishows.

Just imagine if all Disney parks were made with this attention to detail.

Toon town is getting refreshed

It's not a rope, it's a metal fence. The Falcon is already int he maintenance bay, which they explain in the queue for the ride. You can see that it's plugged into the building with various tubes and metal pipes.

Attached: temp.jpg (2000x1125, 337K)

Maybe one day they can reach Six Flags quality

Attached: iybtgmwxz031.jpg (807x497, 88K)

It's what had me interested in trying to check out that one Resistance spy running about. There was a vid of her literally hiding behind guests as stormtroopers were passing by. At the same time, I'm not surprised that this stuff is being swept under the rug. They tried that with Zorro and Indy over in Adventureland, and both where shortlived. Them cutting from that Lion King show in only it's first week of running is even more evident of just how screwed up entertainment has become.

Yeah, Vi. A friend of mine plays her at WDW. The reason stuff like that tends to be short lives is because guests are really disrespectful to performers when they are just out and about. That's why they are replacing atmosphere characters with built meet and greet locations.

Journey into Imagination was an Epcot dark ride that ran from 1983 to 1998 exploring the creative process with a magitech inventor named Dreamfinder and his dragon buddy Figment. It was this wonderfully designed timeless attraction that was kind of the park's Haunted Mansion, but Epcot's sponsorship models are based around updating the pavilions in some manner like once a decade and it was getting expensive to run. So they ended up gutting the attraction and turning it into a tie-in with the Honey I Shrunk the Kids 3D movie that opened in '94.

This version, called "Journey into your Imagination" opened with Eric Idle (who was featured as a host in the Honey movie and replaced Dreamfinder) calling you a creatively bankrupt retard and putting you through a bunch of loosely connected "Creativity Experiment" illusions and vignettes meant to stimulate your mind, which causes his brain scanner to explode when putting you through again. On top of that, Figment was reduced to a brief cameo. This version was so fucking dogshit that it only ran for like a year and a half and they quickly put Figment back in there.

So we've had this hastily designed apology ride since 2002 that basically amounts to Figment tormenting Eric Idle for seven minutes that was basically seen by Imagineering as a stopgap/IOU until they could get the money together for a real reboot. Rumor sites have been tossing an "Imagination 4" as a thing since 2006, but budgets kept getting allocated to projects like Nemo in the Seas or the recent Frozen ride. So the current ride just keeps aging poorly and fans have continued to be frustrated with the modern Figment, but in spite of all that, Figment (and sometimes Dreamfinder because nostalgiabucks) keeps selling merch.

>Mickey’s new dark ride is unironically looking better than all of Star Wars Land
Based Mickey

Currently, the fate of the Imagination ride rests on a decision to either turn it into Inside Out or do the Figment/Dreamfinder reboot.

Though the IP Mandate has been overpowering in recent years, Figment has the advantage of his fanbase and marketability, rejuvenated interest in the character as a result of a Dreamfinder/Figment comic that was the biggest seller in Marvel's shortlived Kingdoms park-based line, and that Inside Out director Pete Docter himself is a Figment fan that hates the idea of having his movie take over the ride. Recent polls about Figment were conducted to prove Pete's point that Figment still has a fanbase and it may have done well enough to get them to notice.

Chapek could still Chapek, but stars seem to be aligning in Figment's favor.

I think it's fine to theme rides with IP's but I was reading about Galaxies Edge and how you have to interact with the actors and it just seems like annoying shit

Mickey's ride is one of the only few good looking IP rides upcoming. Same with Tron
Everyone just hates it's replacing the GMR when there was way better candidates for removal

Get the most expensive pass if you don't want to pay $20 parking every time you go. Epcot has the best food. Second place is Diagon Valley. MK food is terrible. Both parks are overcrowded. Not sure which one is better because they are truly different but it depends on the personality and needs of you and your party.

Disney is a magical place. No matter what Universal does, they can't seem to catch the magic left by Walt Disney when he was in charge.

Tron's problem is that it's too damn short in Shanghai and they don't seem to be fixing that problem in bringing it here to the west.

I would park at the shades of green hotel and hoof it everywhere or use the monorails. the hotel has a shuttle between disney and universal. Most of the time it would be me alone, but when my SO is around we'll try to go as long as exhaustion isn't around. Also my mom would be my second. We all enjoy Disney more overall. Parking is ass.

I've heard Galaxy's Edge looks cool but it feels like a cash corral tourist trap...it doesn't have magic and rides. But i haven't been myself.

I find the characters walking around annoying. I think they were better in the 90s when the parks weren't excruciatingly overcrowded. Now the characters get in the way.

From what I understand, the ride that is offered isn't open yet, that one where everyone is given a position on the ship, like gunner or pilot, and you try to escape. I heard the food and alcoholic blue milk is delicious.

YEP

Only for movies though, no?

If Inside Out takes over then Epcot is gone forever. Getting the original JII back would be a glimmer of hope

>There can be only one maintenance bay in my space land
>It's okay that the theming is bare minimum and has no creativity involved because it's a fence, not a rope

Also there is a rusty garage with tools and two small ships in it next to where they sell the Coke/Sprite/Dasani.

Toontown needs an aesthetic redesign I think, I don't like the plastic green hills that surround it.

What kind of stuff you like? I'm going to trigger some people but it seems like Universal is more male oriented while Disney is more female oriented. Disney does something to the soul, especially the nostalgia rides like Peter Pan. Its just pure magic. Universal's addition of Harry Potter land gave them a big step in the competition with Disney. Universal has a really great old timey comics section which I love because I'm a bit of a classic comic geek.

Some guy on here complains about ET all the time, but I really like that ride. It has that 90s smell...I think its dry ice? Its nice and cold and dark. Its fun to pretend you're flying on a bike. I dont' know, I like it. It doesn't compare at all to Peter Pan though I think they were trying to compete with that ride. Its still a good ride though.

Figment and Dreamfinder ride is probably the best "peace offering" ploy they can make to Epcot purists.

Alcohol? In Magic Kingdom?

Dreamfinder coming back would be the biggest and best "respecting the classics" moment since they took the Tiki Room back from Gilbert Gottfried, or perhaps ever.

He and Figment are such perfectly marketable characters, a reason why I believe non-movie based attractions are still completely commercially viable. If you told anyone who didn't know about the parks that Figment was a character from a rare, limited release 70s-80s animated Disney film, they'd believe it. He and Dreamfinder are crafted with the exact same care that went into all the most beloved Disney characters.

At least the Autopia at Disneyland has the decency to be off in a corner.
At World, you have to talk past that mile long stink pit every time you go from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland.

It's fun, but it could be more fun. It's a huge, detailed land, but it needs more to do. There are two rides The one that is open is fun, but I'm hoping the second one is better.

You know what would make an amazing ride? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I 100% agree with you. I like Disney more. I feel universal is also geared towards thrill junkie teens, the same divide I see here in Texas with SeaWorld and Six Flags. Parents just dump their teens at Six Flags in the summer, and I saw that at Universal three summers ago. My husband likes Universal's rides more, but his favorite park is Epcot for the food and drinks.

I prefer the smaller rides of Disney (i.e. Space Mountain vs Dueling Dragons RIP). But I'm happy in either one, but if I could go to 4 parks instead of two I might as well just go to disney.

Hollywood Studios.

To my understanding, MK has had alcohol since Be Our Guest opened. The Cantina in GE would be the first major instance alcohol was made available to regular guests in Disneyland (provided they're able to get into the place, which is still easier to get into than Club 33.)

Sorry, I meant the florida park. You can get alcohol at Be Our Guest in magic kingdom though.

The best parts of the land are one-time paid experiences, the lightsaber ceremony and the droid building. Smuggler's Run is only a good time if you're piloting it and the repeatability is low because they have only one scenario running. Everything else in the land is shops and mediocre restaurants. The land has the feel of a bombed out desert nation, there's very little shade and everything is rusted metal/stone. There is no live entertainment beyond the 5 atmosphere characters.

I've heard claims the comics made big enough waves within Disney that there was brief talk about a film adaptation of some sort. Personally, I think it'd be a perfect CG/2D hybrid film.

I loved how they play clips from all the amusement-park related episodes in the queue for the simulator ride.

>Searing Gas Pain Land?
>Unnecessary Surgery Land?

Hey I didn't say that the theming was fantastic, just that they had that one detail wrong. I thought it was pretty obvious, even outside of the fence, that the ship was meant to be in a maintenance bay. I'd say the one thing they got right in the land was the atmosphere. I mean,w hat do you expect them to do? Move the Falcon around?

Wire your Delorean for anytime from 2006-2015 and then fly over to Alton Towers.

Attached: Charlie_and_the_Chocolate_Factory_Ride,_Alton_Towers,_UK.jpg (1024x768, 494K)

Disney is trying to force established brands into their parks I think they are forgetting something which has an unintended negative effect
Well-done park characters turn into a brand itself

Maybe I'll check out Hex while I'm there.

Exactly. Park-specific merchandise has even finally let them profit from Song of the South.

Why the FUCK does universal think screen based attraction are ok? Who the fuck would prefer staring at a shitty screen that blinks out sometimes over a super high tech robot?

Those are two different rides:

>that one where everyone is given a position on the ship, like gunner or pilot
This ride is open.

>you try to escape
This one isn't. BTW, I heard that Rise of the Resistance was going to have some revolutionary new way to make blaster bolts look exactly like they do in the movies, but is it just going to be pyrotechnics? Like a cross between a Roman candle and a flare gun?

Kids?

Let's give the little kids roman candles, I would fast pass this ride all day to see kids shoot each other

Give kids more credit.

My husband can't stand any theme parks except Busch Gardens. I hope you guys have a wonderful time whatever you pick!

Easier to maintain and it's easier filming a celebrity then it is to sculpt them into a robot.

Exactly. After dishing out the cash for entrance, there is no way I'm dropping ANOTHER $200 for an "experience".

Mystic Manor has a trick where transparent mesh curtains drop from the ceiling before guest enter a room, and "magic dust" is projected onto them, giving the effect that the magic sparks are floating throughout the room freely. Maybe something like that?

And The Haunted Mansion. And Figment. And countless others
The next park head needs to realize this, and hopefully Star Wars showing IPs alone can't carry a park will make them

WHOA I WILL

Disney tried to get away with this but Harry Potter told them to fuck off
Give Universal some credit where it's due

They need to get rid of Fast and Furious and all the screen attractions. It would be fine for a ONE TIME thing on a ride but they use

Kids do not like fast and the furious or jimmy fallon
It just has no staying power, no kid is going to remember a screen over that really neat singing rabbit on splash mountain

...this cheap tactic alll over the park.

Good, Disney is making new rides with animatronics as they should.
I would agree if it was used for one ride, but all of them are like this except the older better rides

Why would anyone get an alcoholic blue milk when Animal Kingdom down the street has Rum Dole Whip Floats and the Night Blossom?

Attached: Navi Pepe.jpg (249x243, 58K)

I went to Universal Hollywood for the first time in May and did the Tram Tour, where they play clips of Fallon "hosting" the tour onboard along with the driver's hosting. They only played about three clips, so I wondered if that was it, or the driver was just doing us a favor.

More of a jab at how kids prefer their phones/apps over anything physical.

Disney hands down has the best customer service of all, everyone can agree to that.

where is the imagination? Its pretty obvious both animatronics and screens are now being overused. Time for some innovation. Hire Elon Musk to give advice. He'd probably do it for free. Hire Kanye to do some design advice

Sadly their idea is: why risk failure of new characters when old popular characters are guaranteed to sell?

Because I want to get buzzed in a variety of ways
Does he like the ponies?
I think animatronics spark more imagination. I can reach out and touch them, kids see them as real things that make them believe. On a screen it could still be fake and not very convincing for them.

Characters are not guaranteed to sell. They might fall out of favor at any time, or the film they thought would be a merchandise success wasn't
There's risk anyway, and only an idiot couldn't make a marketable character

I don't remember the exact order but in the 2nd week we decided to go to miami beach and key west.
I got severe heat stroke and ended up puking repeatedly.

Universal one day
Epcot
Magic Kingdom

Home

My first time was really short and I can't remember it well. Went back as an adult and went ham.

>Islands of Adventure
>Universal Studios
>Epcot
>Hollywood studios
>Magic Kingdom
>Epcot/magic kingdom
>typhoon lagoon

>tfw go to Galaxy's Edge with friends
>Nobody wants to try the blue milk
>Fuck it, I'll do it
>Sip
>It has the taste and consistency of berry-flavored Pepto Bismol
>It was $10 so I just walk around with the cup, trying to finish it one sad swig at a time

It got more disgusting as it got warmer

It's better at WDW.

>berry-flavored pepto bismol
And like that, sold.

>Try it at our other park!

Nice try, Bob

Attached: c38.png (299x222, 74K)

I've heard this, it's very odd that they'd use two different recipes for each park, unless they're just testing the waters to see which one people like better.

It's probably that but the hot, humid climate in Florida is also a factor. The Florida version is much less thick.

At WDW you have the option of buying alcoholic blue and green milk at the outdoor milk stand. You can't do that in Disneyland.