Okay I just watched all of the Boys and I have to say that was great...

Okay I just watched all of the Boys and I have to say that was great. What did everyone else think of it and how does it differ from the comic, I am rather interesting in reading it after this.

Attached: amazon-the-boys-series-cast.jpg (825x464, 42K)

Uh a lot of things actually. In the comics, The Boys have Compound V and the Female from the start, Deep is black and A-Train is white, all the male members proposition Starlight, Butcher’s wife is actually dead, having been killed by her and Homelander’s fetus, Translucent is relaxed by a Martian Manhunter expy, and Stillwell is a man who isn’t killed by Homelander.

If you don’t like gore or shock humor then pass on the comic.

Sounds different from the show, kind of like the characters too so are they like the show counterparts are are they totally different people with the same names.

I don't really care about that stuff so I can take it or leave it if I am enjoying the story.

shit taste

heard terror isnt in the show

All of that makes it sound like the series is not going to be as good as the comic.

Attached: whyd you kill me dog jack.png (1009x783, 1.03M)

I don't know what the fuck they plan to do with Butcher now that they fucked up with his backstory.

someone already storytimed it recently, here you go.

read the comic user, like 60% of what happens in there will never be in live action, stuff like:
>stan lee expy that is horny and got his feet chopped off
>the black noir twist
>the ending twist
>the g men arc and the russia arc
>love sausage
>not-avengers getting btfo in ww2

list goes on.

Thanks mate, I know what I am doing today.

I prefer the idea of them perhaps using Compound V eventually to even odds/out of desperation, rather than being Superhumans themselves from the start of the show.

It paints a clearer line between them and the Seven.

>not-avengers getting btfo in ww2
That was almost as hilarious as the 9/11 plane operation.
>stan lee expy that is horny and got his feet chopped off
Was it ever explained how he lost his feet?

Attached: I'm Soldier Boy.jpg (528x704, 143K)

More than James Stillwell simply being a man who "just isn't killed by Homelander" he is ice fucking cold emotionally and totally focused on business and what's best for himself and could be seen as the real villain of it all.

Even with a totally insane Homelander screaming in his face he is the same completely calm person, presumably for real rather than just on the surface as Homelander would be able to tell.

He's fantastic.

Attached: The Boys Vol. 11 - Over the Hill With the Swords of a Thousand Men TPB (2012) (digital) (The Magicia (2650x4075, 3.79M)

Yeah, I feel like without the "Corporation Personified" character this is going to be more like Irredeemable than The Boys. The whole point is that it's the company that's evil, not really the supes.
is the climax of the whole damn comic. Kind of confused where the show is going.

>Kind of confused where the show is going.
It's probably going to have a different ending than the comics. They have to now that they've fucked with so much stuff.

I loved it. The Boys was a nice comic but its tone was all over the place. The show cuts a lot of the fat and is way more drama heavy compared to the comic. They also expanded a lot of the characters to make them less one-note caricatures. Honestly, the only disappointment for me was Hughie is is serviceable but really overshadowed by everyone else's great performances. It kind of sucks that a lot of the best moments from the comics probably won't make it in but the stuff that replaces it stands toe-to-toe with it for the most part.

>the black noir twist
They're absolutely doing some sort of twist with him, why else would they keep him completely covered and silent?

In the comic they were much closer friends, or at least appeared to be. Frenchie and MM don't despise each other. Butcher is also a lot more charming and treats Hughie as more of a little brother figure (to a point, a lot of his being nice is to serve his own needs and get people to do what he wants) and has a much more "best friends who've been through the shit together" relationship with MM.

MM in the comic is still very much about his family but the circumstances are completely different and more fucked up, I won't spoil it. Frenchie is a lot more insane in the comic but the show did a fairly decent job of him as far as I'm concerned.

Do they ever call him "Mother's Milk" in the show? If so, how the fuck do they explain that lol?

I love realistic takes on superheroes.

The Boys isn't even remotely realistic.
Who in the fuck would resort to hijacking armored cars/robbing banks when there's a literal Superman with a license to fuck your shit up to whatever degree he feels like?
No one.

I like The Boys, but it's not a realistic take on supes.

The Boys is just the "Unrealistic Superhero Genre" through a dark, cynical mirror.

Yes it is. Superheroes would be assholes and get what is coming to them.

Would there be assholes in real life that would do bad shit if they got powers? Yes, but that's not what we're talking about here.

The comic and the TV show are pretty much completely different.

Superheroes would be a broad spectrum of personality types, from asshole to decent bloke.
The Boys makes pretty much 99.9% of them complete sociopaths. Which is a bit silly, but that's Ennis on superheroes.

Superpowers MAKE sociopaths. The only superheroes that would be worth anything are the ones that are like the Punisher.

Fuck off with your shit bait, there's an interesting conversation to be had here and you chose to be a fucking cunt.

You base this on what?
Not everyone with immense power/money turns into Jeffery Epstein, why would supers be any different?

Attached: Tighten.jpg (210x236, 9K)

>Not everyone with immense power/money turns into Jeffery Epstein
Well.....

Examples?

Gee, you got me there /tvpol/, I forget that everyone with a fortune is a sociopathic pedophile/deepstate/glowing Satanist.

Thanks.

user, the guy had more contacts all over the world than you'll ever have in your lifetime. He spent his free time rawdogging 12 y/os with Sheiks from Saudi Arabia.

They literally had him murdered while on suicide watch.

It might not be 100% of the powerful but it sure is a supermajority. Just like The Boys with supes.

Just stop replying to them.

can do.

Was it BN? They haven't told us in the end.

What are you talking about?

I loved Obelix like origin for The Female more
And I guess they moved from Father-Daughter or Brother-Sister relationship with Frenchie to love or something, which is kinda odd for me after reading comic.

Attached: RCO0201.jpg (1040x1600, 276K)

So you made a whole new thread. Fuck's sake, you simple bitch.

About who killed the Terror

Frenchie and The Female were as close to being romantic in the comics as their mental damage would allow.

They'd be supervillains then, not superheroes.

>Punisher

lol this is some good bait

Glad to see Ennis' shitty comics getting misrepresented in TV by Seth Rogen of all faggots the way Ennis childishly misrepresents and shits on superheroes.

There were numerous things right in the first couple episodes that were different. It didn't make the show, but aside from the basic overarching premise it's a pretty different show than the book. The Deep is a black guy in a diver's outfit. A Train is a white guy who's the one that got the BJ from Starlight. Hughie's girl wasn't standing in the street when she got pizza'd, she and Hughie were out of the way in a park when a supe fight between A Train and some rando knocked one guy right into her at incredible speed. Hughie's girl was white-ish. Teenage Kix never makes a showing or even a mention in the TV show. And then there's the hampster..... I hope Love Sausage appears later. That's my absolute fave guy in the whole comic.

Those are all incredibly superficial elements of the comics.

No, it was Jack.

Perhaps, but for me they were intial flavorings that set the tone of what's to come. I mean, there were lots of other things that could've been mentioned, but these were the first few things that stood out to me. With the differences being what they are, I knew after 20 minutes into the first episode I was in for a different experience than what I thought.

Honestly it just sounds like you were looking for racebending to get all triggered from.
Have you considered a psychiatrist?

The concept of superheroes is incredibly naive and stupid anyways. Villains & heroes, they would just be the same shit.

And what is wrong with Punisher? If superheroes were real he would be the only one who would actually be a hero, his motivation isn't to use superpowers his motivation is to kill assholes.

Active-Shooter Man would never be viewed by thee public as a hero.

You are a real piece of shit, you know that?
At no point in any of his posts did he make a big deal out of the racebending, he just pointed out that it was changed like any normal person that read the comics would.

Attached: 1419721037664.png (979x700, 62K)

Because Punisher is a mass murderer, not someone to look up to, emulate, or want in the real world even though he's an entertaining fictional character. Neither are any of the protagonists in The Boys. You tried too hard to get a reaction by putting that in your post.

>his motivation isn't to use superpowers

Superheroes motivation isn't purely to use powers either.

You sound like Joss Whedon bitching about how the Punisher is an awful character because nobody could only target villains and never hit a civilian. What you and Joss both fail to understand is that superheroes and the Punisher are fictional are are as good as you make them. If superheroes are a naive and stupid concept, so are the Punisher and Butcher, because people like them in real life wouldn't improve or fix anything either according to your logic.

So yeah, you're trolling or a teenager reading The Boys for the first time but either way it doesn't matter because your posts are just dumb

Punisher isn't a hero.

More of a hero than anyone else in the genre.

No, he fucking isn't.

It's the same fucking deal with Butcher, they use their sad backstory to make it look like they're not complete and total assholes.

I doubt it

It's great that this argument is supported by all of these people in real life who have super powers

Oh wait

Not really, especially after his last speech

Why? None of the Seven were angry at The Boys, they blamed Jack for his own stupidity. If it was BN he would've boasted about it when he revealed who he was, like every other fucked up thing that he did.
There's a chance that it was the lady from VA that killed Terror but at that point her plan had already fucked up.

I dunno, judging by how sure Jack was that he didn't do it while Butcher was killing him

Oh yeah, just like A-train apologizing for all the shit that he did when he thought that he was going to die.

Dunno, still not convinced
Also did A-train did anything that bad, besides Robin accident?

Went along with Homelander and Black Noir in forcing Starlight to give them a blowjob to stay on the team.

>forcing
yeah

lol fuck off

no, really, do you still call it rape?

she was coerced into it by three of the most powerful people on the planet, it wasn't remotely consensual

Obviously not making him kill all his teammates

she could freely walk away, and there are no even slight clue that they would've forced her after it.

Comic several times pointed out that it was her choice. Yeah, it was shit thing to do, but still it's not rape or anything like that.

Considering Weinstein yeah

he's clearly unhinged enough to do it anyway

and tried to rape her after they cleaned out the lamplighter

V as an adult is more likely to kill you in show.

coerced consent is not consent, you need to do some soul searching user

Oh father fuck off

>Becca is raising Homelander's son to kill and replace him.

>wife alive and it was her own choice to fuck off without telling him, so his motivation's gone
>didn't even know about compound V at first, let alone have the original guy who created it working for him
>not near as smart or calculating as his comic counterpart to even come up with the plan anyway

a shame, as I really liked the final comic arc. God only knows what they're planning now, especially since they already ran through all of Hughie and Starlight's arc in one season

you guys are forgetting when he tried to rape Starlight

Attached: atrain_a_good_boy.jpg (670x1034, 140K)

>she could freely walk away
I don't think you really understand the dynamics and thought processes going on in that kind of situation.

So as you, I suppose

Seek therapy, ESL-kun.

Have sex?

that's out of your reach, but it's nice to have goals

ok, how about I call you incel?

fine by me, as long as you don't call me at night

What i liked about the scene is that its a twisted version of a Superman and Lex conversation where you arent sure who is the actual alien.

- The Boys are actually backed by the CIA
- Butcher's wife has been raped, she hid it from Butcher because she know he would go on war against Homelander. She die from her pregnancy and Butcher kill the baby with a lamp
- The Boys are inject with a modified V that just enhance their strengh and resistance.
- Sup are radomly created because people are randomly infected by V compound because Vaught don't care about safety measure.
-V compound is highly unstable, power appear randomly in one inividual and sometimes it kill/cripple them
- outside of the public pretty much everybody know about V
-The Boys have huge files on the sups from the times with Mallory
- Mallory is a man
- Stillwel is a man
- The Deep is Black, A-train is White
- all the male member of the Seven choose Starlight so she can suck their dick
- Maeve is a drunk, who fuck random muscular dude
- Relationship between Starlight and Hugues is an arc that cover the entire comics
- Hugues is Scottish
- Comics is set in a post 9/11 context, sup tried to save a 9/11 plane (to push sup in the Defense), it gone horribly wrong and the brooklin bridge got destroyed instead. The other planes were shot down

>>wife alive and it was her own choice to fuck off without telling him
I really don't understand why they did this, the other choices I can sorta understand, but this one boggles my mind.

Maybe there really is someone with a cuck fetish on board the writing team.