Off The Air Thread

You all want to bitch and whine about the animation industry but no one ever mentions one of the greatest modern bastions of animation excellence and indie creativity
Thread topics:
>new episodes when
>what would be your idea for an episode
>what would be your idea for a skit
>episode rankings
>best moments

Attached: off the air.png (467x957, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v-8akLXwzQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=q-5G1Y4LZIo
tiermaker.com/
docs.google.com/document/d/1qyJTl8NCslbo_P98hZLV_X7r_y7FMQzBAN1dIy9Bnno/edit
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQl8zBB7bPvLWfGCVicg_kVmSVTGml2y4
youtu.be/9SwcnnPwXwU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>nightmares that low
Fuck off. I'm trying to scar myself when I get high, not have fun.

Also, aren't these made by one dude?

it's edited together by 2 dudes (one visual and one on sound design), but each short is created by a different person or company.

>sound design
Wait I've only ever caught these on tv. Do they do trippy things like binaurals with the audio?

Mostly adding electric distortion and stuff like that to the datamoshes, and adding some sound effects where there wasn't any beforehand.
No clue what binaurals are desu.

Attached: datamosh.gif (480x270, 3.14M)

Does Off The Air even really count as animation?
Love it though

I mean, I guess it depends on the episode.
A few episodes like WORDS and PARADISE are almost all animation, while other episodes like DANCE are mostly Live Action.

Still kinda upset we never got to see youtube.com/watch?v=v-8akLXwzQ8 in words due to AS's Standards and Practices.

Attached: words.png (1274x646, 509K)

There hasn't been a new episode since December last year. Kinda afraid the budget got reallocated for Adult Swim's YouTube shorts and they pulled the plug on OTA.
As for future episodes I'd like to see ones on Buildings, Fashion, Emotions and Time.

It would be a miracle if we hear just one uncensored f-bomb on cable television, let alone dozens in the span of like 1 minute.

IIRC the off the air facebook page said that season 9 is being produced while the adult swim smalls are being made at the same time.
I'm kinda surprised they keep making the smalls considering they rarely get more then 30k views on youtube

oops meant for

What is this? I've never heard of it

Psychedelic Anthology show that airs at like 4AM on adult swim. youtube.com/watch?v=q-5G1Y4LZIo

Have you heard of Liquid Television? It's like that.

It's just a bunch of nonsense.

Dang I actually liked the Space episode

That means it's the perfect Adult Swim show

There's lots of things wrong with OP's list, don't worry.

Thoughts on me using tiermaker.com/ so that you guys can rank OTA episodes?

Do they still hide Space Ghost in the backgrounds?

yeah, they're way fucking harder to find though, often appearing for only like 3 frames or are super tiny. Here's a google doc somebody made listing all the (known) appearances. docs.google.com/document/d/1qyJTl8NCslbo_P98hZLV_X7r_y7FMQzBAN1dIy9Bnno/edit

Gonna bump this thread with the playlist and go to sleep youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQl8zBB7bPvLWfGCVicg_kVmSVTGml2y4

i'd say it's a pretty good show, work is probably one of my favorite episodes. i think they made a good decision for choosing to have it come on in the dead of night/real early morning hours, too, really adds to the effect of it coming out of fucking nowhere. also, does anyone know which episode (if it was even the same show, but im pretty sure it was) had the credits scene with a music video of some band from the 60s/70s in red suits while someone was typing the credits into a computer terminal? or did i just hallucinate that happening? havent been able to find it since seeing it

Also work (skup to 9:20) youtu.be/9SwcnnPwXwU

seriously? i'm a fucking idiot, i guess i just never checked it since i thought i was familiar enough with it. thanks a bunch