Instead of wanting to fap off to the characters, let's have a discussion

half of Yea Forums (including I) agree that amphibia is a pretty good show. but with every good show comes with flaws. perhaps there's something keeping it from being that great show. what are some of your pros and cons of the show? even if you think the show is garbage or perfect, share your opinions.

my pros are
>great antagonist cast
>dumb fun humor

my cons are
>monster of the week format
>generic lesson at the end of most episodes

to expand on my cons, most of the episodes seem like filler. i'm not angry since it is the first season, but i feel like the first season was a bit too slow to get things going. while i do believe it's going to become more serial in the second season, if it doesn't cut down on filler, it can turn into steven universe quick.

discuss.

Attached: pop team grimesha.jpg (1080x1080, 123K)

Can we all agree Grime and Sasha should have a threesome with Anne?

was the (You) worth it user?

Attached: concerned anne.png (695x708, 668K)

my pros are
>monster of the week format
>great antagonist cast

my cons are
>dumb humor
>generic lesson at the end of most episodes

It was for their anniversary.

>Pros
-I liked the humor. The jokes were pretty standard shit, but the delivery makes them work for me.
-I like the characters. The cast plays off each other pretty well and there could be some nice touching moments (even if they learn nothing by the end of the Episode)
>Cons
-The show feels like it wants to avoid an overarching plot. Throughout the 20 epsiodes, only 3 of them focused on the plot in any detail.
-While the ending for season 1 was satisfying, it sure as hell didn't set anything up for the next season.

>While the ending for season 1 was satisfying, it sure as hell didn't set anything up for the next season
I don't know, I think they have a fair amount of mysteries to build off of. Still not knowing what the box is, where Marcy ended up, and what Sasha and Grime will do next.

Attached: 1563743149412.png (1280x720, 1020K)

>The show feels like it wants to avoid an overarching plot. Throughout the 20 epsiodes, only 3 of them focused on the plot in any detail.
I definitely agree. I get why for plot that there's episodes of why Anne bonds with the Plantars because of Reunion, but I don't feel much sense of urgency on trying to get back home on Anne's side. However, I think the show is going to start becoming more heavily plot-oriented in Season 2 due to the effects on Reunion.

Pros:
Character is actualy growing
Cons Artstyle could have been better

Pros: I want to fuck the characters
Cons: I physically can’t
Oh well

Attached: 77114EBC-61F1-4B0C-AE05-D7448A88C7C1.jpg (500x920, 95K)

this is a fan art and for some reason everybody took as official

Yeah I get that, but that all feels like Endgame shit. I was referring to something that will show what the focus will be on next season.

I enjoyed the first season but look forward to it having the chance to open up more and explore more unconventional adventures in different parts of the setting, now that the characters and their dynamics have been established.

Attached: 1564102073999.png (950x538, 59K)

My pros:
>Better than Amphibia
>Less cancerous fan base

My Cons:
>None

Attached: 1565173795672.png (528x656, 386K)

cons
>underwhelming ending
>way too rushed and short for its potential
>uninteresting villains and side characters
>humor that falls flat
>forces the main character's "traumatic" backstory onto more than necessary

pros
>Season 2 i guess?

>Better than Amphibia
>Less cancerous fan base
Imaging being this wrong

Attached: Amphibidab.gif (1280x720, 424K)

Both your fanbases are cancer.

The Owl House hasn't even come out yet.

It's because it's based off the actual opening. Even if the background is obscured, you can still see three humans, two with swords and one with a bow, fighting a giant frog.

>but I don't feel much sense of urgency on trying to get back home on Anne's side.
I think it can be partially justified by Anne being trapped in the valley by that frozen pass.

Attached: Amphibia S01E02 - Cane Crazy _ Flood, Sweat & Tears.mp4_snapshot_00.44.png (1280x720, 1.29M)

>valley by that frozen pass.
Why do so many people overlook/forget this plot point?

It's only brought up once in the beginning and only actually seen for like five seconds.

Ignoring the episode where they GO to the pass and it’s still frozen up?