The movie was a major letdown, it was mostly focused on Dib nd reducing Zim to 30 measly minutes of screentime at best

The movie was a major letdown, it was mostly focused on Dib nd reducing Zim to 30 measly minutes of screentime at best.
He's also gotten the least character development out of the whole cast when he needed it the most, since his worldview and everything he percieved as real was pretty much shattered and blown to dust.

I would have been interesting to actually see him work through that, since despite his sperginess he's been frequently shown to be fairly competent when he gets his shit together, this and all bits of nuance of his character were burned and thrown into the trash to make room for Dib's daddy issues
This special derailed him massively as a character, and it feels as if Zim was used just as a marketing ploy for Jhonen to give conclusion to his pet character and people actually giving a shit about it.

It was especially grating to sit through the second half when Jhonen's sucking Dib's cock got too blatant by that point.
I give it 7/10, the visuals were kino except some cheap bits though, easily the most stylish thing to come out in recent years.

Attached: Invader-Zim.jpg (970x545, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!IchHnawQ!t9iRNxWUSWi1numFxnzDfdALtR2TbL9ZFUuSelSTziQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iT_Ydfjc_D0
youtube.com/watch?v=189gSbEkaeg
youtube.com/watch?v=EDezpt2Qc9A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think nobody realised yet, but this was Dib movie as the creator always wanted.

the original title was ''invader dib'' and the original plot was Dib invading the Irken world ala Zim did on earth.

I did, i'm just seething that he has a shit taste in characters

>30 measly minutes of screentime at best.
thats half of the fucking movie

Membrane family was and always be the best part of the series user

Attached: 985a871e-a33c-4395-b53f-2f9532e7d3c3.png (611x647, 265K)

Why was Professor Membrane so stocky? He was tall and svelte in the series.

Are you trolling, otherwise proof

I for one am glad that Zim was still portrayed as the villain of the film, instead of a predictable "Zim and Dib team up to beat a bigger evil" plot

>The movie was a major letdown, it was mostly focused on Dib nd reducing Zim to 30 measly minutes of screentime at best.
"Dib Membrane Vs"

It was fine

I mean, what did you expect? Obviously a Zim movie was always going to be about Zim executing an evil plan that's on a larger scale than usual, so then Dib has to stop him. No matter how much of a tool he is, Dib is still the hero of the story.

>The Jungle Move sucked!!
>Static Cling was SJW bullshit!!!
>Samurai Jack S5 ruined the entire show!!!
>YJ Season 3 is soulless bs that panders to tumblr!!!!!!
>Enter the Florpus was just another low effort cash grab, this is nothing like the original!!!!!!!!!!
You faggots will literally never be happy with anything, you deserve nothing

Attached: 5D7E2D4A-1AAE-4B93-8E94-B354197F01D0.png (1228x1150, 174K)

while I liked the Zim special, its kind of an exception when it comes to revivals and specials from old shows. Its hard to capture the magic of a show from over a decade ago, all the creative talent will have moved on to different projects, studios etc.
It's pretty impressive how close Rock and Zim got to the original tone of the show.

You didn’t like the Peace song?

Hell of a lot better than what Rockofags got.

Hi Jhonen

>kino

It’s spelled keen you stupid fucking millennial

no, Rocko was basically perfect.

So happy watching this movie after Rocko Modern Life I was a bit nervous. But really glad I watched this movie. Seeing comic Gaz was nice, also I like how we get to see.mini moose as an actual weapon.

lol

Why not?

Not that user, but we've known Invader Dib was supposed to be a thing for over a decade as part of the list of unproduced season 2 episodes. That special only made it as far as an outline.

I don't mind the plot and the focus, but the movie was cringy as fuck. Jhonen is the embodiment of bad early 2000s humor and that shit dated terribly. There is no place in this world for "the joke is nachos and pudding!" tier shit.

>Samurai Jack S5 ruined the entire show!!!

Are you implying it didn't, you fucking bimbo faggot frogposter?

>Rocko was basically perfect
I don't even give a shit about the Ralph/Rachel shit, but Static Cling was just boring, and I loved Rocko as a kid. Compared to the Jungle Movie, and now Florpus, it just felt lackluster to me.

Attached: 1293861606804.jpg (292x369, 13K)

i like Dib more than Zim

>The movie was a major letdown, it was mostly focused on Dib nd reducing Zim to 30 measly minutes of screentime at best.
He's got an entire comic book to himself, why are you mad that the antagonist/deutragonist got to be the protagonist of the special?
>He's also gotten the least character development out of the whole cast when he needed it the most
He's a static character.
>I would have been interesting to actually see him work through that, since despite his sperginess he's been frequently shown to be fairly competent when he gets his shit together, this and all bits of nuance of his character were burned and thrown into the trash to make room for Dib's daddy issues
The show established that Zim is himself in all circumstances, there's nothing to explore
>This special derailed him massively as a character, and it feels as if Zim was used just as a marketing ploy for Jhonen to give conclusion to his pet character and people actually giving a shit about it.
How the fuck is Dib a pet character? He's Zim's major antagonist. That's like calling Lex Luthor a pet character.
>It was especially grating to sit through the second half when Jhonen's sucking Dib's cock got too blatant by that point.
The special just shits on him a bit less to illustrate its point and facilitate the narrative.

>The movie was a major letdown
Stopped reading the lies there.

There's still that element to it, but way less so than it was in the actual show.

Zim is predicable on-screen, a movie focusing on him will be shit just like episodes focusing on him are shit. Zim is best when he's doing shit offscreen and we follow Dib instead, for example the organ harvesting episode worked so well because we didn't follow Zim for the climax, we followed Dib as he figured out what Zim did.

Bullshit. The Invader Dib movie was going to give me Zim/Gaz and this movie didn't.

Zim is already great as he is. It would have been interesting to see him actually do something after realizing the Tallest just left him to die, but at the end of the day Zim can't grow out of his phase of wanting to conquer Earth because then there'd be no series anymore. Like he was supposed to get over it in the Invader Dib movie and that was meant to be the true end of the series. Since Zim's back to the status quo, I bet they are hoping to get more episodes out.

I always figured he’d fall in love with the wars of Earth.

Jack s05 was as good as it gets.

Apparently he was just supposed to fall in love with Gaz and stop wanting to destroy earth because of it. Or at least that's what I've read, but I've never been able to find the actual quote.

Good

FUCK Irk and FUCK Zim

Zim works fine as the focus, but you need some form of contrast, a straightman or someone who drives him up the wall.

I love Genndy and his shows, but the second half of season 5 just wasn't very good. I get what he was going for, but it wasn't as strong as the first half. More faithful to the original show in pace/tone/etc, but Jack S5 as a Clone Wars style affair was far superior.

I thought that was a fan theory than spun out of control because, I forgot if it was in the comics or the show, but ZIM asks Gaz if they could hang out and she's like "no" and he's like "WELL I DIDN'T WANT TO ANYWAYS NYYYYYEEEEEEH"

At a random point in the comics he becomes disillusioned about the Tallest for seemingly no reason (at least none that was actually explained) and he just goes around doing fuck all.

If he didn't fumble the final few episodes, it would have been much better.

Is he still like that?

You mean when he wonders why they don't talk more? Yeah I remember. But I don't think that's where it came from, the rumors have been around for way longer than that. I guess maybe one of the Zim staff mentioned it at one of the cons and it got out by word of mouth?

The Membranes are far more interesting than Zim

>Character development
The whole point of the show is that everyone is a piece of shit that never learns, also the show is pre the time where everyone needs an arc or some shit

Yeah, the last issue was him getting mushy about ground meat he wanted to take care of and the issue before that was him selling people to aliens. I don't think he's doing any world domination in the meanwhile.

Yeah, probably. I think the best case would have been making the whole season a continuous story in the style of the first five episodes instead of getting semi-episodic in the second half (lots of cutting around and shorter stories), but if it had to they still could have handled it better. The big problem was letting Genndy write it all with very little supervision.

>Alien scumfag finally realizes that Membranes carried this show and comics

Attached: check that x board.gif (500x375, 499K)

>Doesn't know the full title of the film is actually "Dib Membrane vs. Invader ZIM: Enter the Florpus".

It was a one off joke by a rando in the original DVD commentaries. People ran with it for some reason.

I think a lot of people forget that Jhonen didn't even write most of Zim. A special written entirely by him is obviously going to be a bit different.

Eh, maybe next movie will be more Zim focused.

>next movie
not gonna happen most likely

Still the comics I suppose?

This. Completely this. If Eric Truehart was involved it would definitely be different

They're upgrades, dude.

Don't bully Dib, that's mean

Attached: 1565979337348.png (1366x768, 768K)

You're just mad because they wouldn't let you turn the ship.

wide-eyed Gaz was a mistake.

here's your redpill
zim is fun but doesnt have enough character to carry a whole movie
Dib and Gaz messing with Zim >>>>> Zim centered episodes

Coming from a major Zim fan, I'd say this revivla not only delivered, but is the best Zim has to offer. If only Tak showed up, then it would've been a perfect 10/10.

He really does have a big head

She's not your goth waifu

*revival

>when Professor Membranes jacket rips to show off his robot arms as he does the laser blast

Attached: 1500375403324.gif (300x580, 432K)

>2001: People had crushes on DIB and would draw their self-insert going on a date with him.

>2019: People now want to bang Prof. Membrane and realize he's the real MVP of IZ.

We've come full circle.

I liked the special but the stakes weren’t really as high as I thought they’d be, and it ultimately felt inconclusive. I always imagined a Zim finale being overly ambitious with some 00s edge and huge battle scenes, but the creators been away from the show for so long that I guess he hates the show now? Idk

Dib is for hugs

>gazmat

Attached: 1314717559453.png (275x321, 75K)

Jhonen participated in most of the episodes.

Jack s5 was good until the shitty the final and this zim movie was good

Being head of a cartoon means wearing a lot of hats. Things got away from him, like Gaz as a character fading away, professor membrane not being around, Nickelodeon constant interference.

In the comic is where he is more comfortable, and a movie you only premiere once it's not something you keep pumping out after the next.

The things is that people change, what seemed funny to him before may not be so much now.

I feel the same way. I liked this movie, but if you showed me this movie a week after the show got cancelled. I probably would have autistically sperged about everything the way they were drawn Gaz, Prof. Membrane robot arms, Dib getting more time than Zim. But I appreciated how this movie handled Zim coming back.

Literally nobody dislikes the movie except "muh ending" fags
Everyone else who knew this wasn't going to be endgame enjoyed it.

To be fair the longer you wait the harder it is to get back to it. The fact that they got so close to the essence of the original so long after the series stopped is actually really impressive, most of the voices are completely on point and the changes are mostly just due to time, like smoother animation or Jhonen mellowing out slightly.

But she had wide eyes at multiple points in the original cartoon. It was always used to emphasize shock/awe in her.

As an autistic fan of the show, Jhonen has ALWAYS said that Dib was his favorite character.
>He's also gotten the least character development out of the whole cast when he needed it the most, since his worldview and everything he percieved as real was pretty much shattered and blown to dust.
Zim bounces back as soon as he has the smallest spark of an idea of how to make senpai notice him. You should know this.

The rest of your post is garbage.

Right, and now she has wide eyes the majority of the time. In the OG series her default eye position was that closed squint, now it's fully open eyes.

I liked the movie, but they completely changed the base character Gaz is. Dib and Zim seem the same and Gir is just as retarded as always, Gaz got a completely different tone from outfit to expressions to tone of voice.

>Zim bounces back as soon as he has the smallest spark of an idea of how to make senpai notice him.
I actually like that part.
Dib accuses Zim of faking giving up.
Instead of Zim going with that he admits he was at his low point until he saw the bracelet.

They didn't change Gaz. She was always an angry little girl, and she still is. It's just that in most episodes of the cartoon she's just a background character, so it's easier to just have her maintain her squinty-eyed annoyance all the time. Now that she's more of a main character, she has to show more of a range of emotion, so you see her eyes open more often. Other than her outfit, she's literally exactly the same.

Zim is legit a manic-depressive opportunist.

Attached: 1505782480587.jpg (500x647, 230K)

I know that picture is Tak, but if Irkens actually had a sexuality at all Zim would totally be a needy slut who loves teasing people.

Gaz has always been as she was in the special. Jhonen made the changes to her outfit because he gave her the outfit of an older comic character out of sheer laziness.

Attached: pepito.jpg (305x407, 26K)

Silence, mall goth fangirl.

Yeah, thinking about now. Zim's need to never give up and try again the next day is quite admirable. It's that feeling he's all alone in his mission except for a robot that barely listens to him and a pet moose that also has Zim come of as kinda lonely.

Despite his ineptitude, GIR fucking loves Zim and springs into action when he's actually needed and not just being a servant for his lazy Irken ass.

True, but I'd hardly call Zim lazy.

I really missed Gaz.

He has Dib to keep him company. They’re enemies, but the comics make it look like a Batman/Joker thing where they’re miserable without each other.

So, is the Irken Empire finished?

The Tallest are stuck in some Event-Horizon hell dimension alongside most of the armada, but they were never really in charge. Its all about the Control Brains, right?

Attached: Control_Brains.png (1366x768, 1.02M)

Pretty much. Also Zim technically is responsible for the "death" of two more Tallests.

Yeah, Messing with Dib keeps him busy sometimes.

Maybe. But also Zim show has been known to ignore bad ends. So if they are there again, so go along with it

what happened bro not enough gays for your taste?

it's not Breaking Bad or fucking Game of Thrones, continuity is completely irrevelant in IZ

The Massive has flown into the surface of a sun before and come out alive on the other end. I think they can handle this.

Which is detrimental, a tad embarrassing, wholly juvenile, and outdated. The show's potential is utterly squandered like this.

Cool. I don't want people like you watching IZ.

>people think namedropping Got make them connoisseurs and not just expose them as teenage brained shit eaters
LMAO

I didn't watch Game of Thrones, what's your point?

Things have to be good for people to like them silly baby bear. Oh you sweet summer child honey pumpkin sugar bear smoochy kisses uwu faggot fuck.

this is so cringe it has to be bait

I thought the movie was great.

I was kind of hoping Professor Membrane always knew that Zim/aliens existed but didn't see him/they as a real threat to Earth and rather just focus on science stuff. Which would have been the big reveal to Dib. Just how Zim's big reveal would be finding out the Tallest just don't care about him/hate him.

As Gaz would say in regards to Zim's world domination plot. "He's just so bad at it."

Absolute best part of the movie is Membrane doing the head nod after saving Dib. I love motions to convey messages. Membrane was great, wish he could have come to terms with aliens though.

ive been a huge zim fanboy since i was 10, but did anyone feel like this was kinda....cringey? i love lol randumb humor desu, but the jokes in this one just felt a little weak, or rehashed moments from the original show. it basically felt like fans of the original show trying their best to write their own thing, but it's stripped a bit of the nuance (which i know is basically what it was)

but did anyone else get that vibe too? something just felt off

>reducing Zim to 30 measly minutes of screentime at best.
the movie is 1hour

it had a more modern execution to the humor so yea but most of the time it was fine

>but did anyone feel like this was kinda....cringey?
yes
because it always was

Ashi and the piss poor pacing completely ruined what the show was about. If that's your idea of "as good as it gets" then you have low standards.

The Jungle Movie and Enter the Florpus were pretty good, no complaints there. Everything else can take a hike.

The filename joke was kinda weird.

Zim was good, but Rocko felt like it was straight from the 90s. That said I didn't watch much of it when it was airing, but it still had that 90s essence.

Zim was a great tv movie

>was kinda....cringey?
Not really. But then again I had some pre-drinks specifically for this movie

zim and gaz hardly got any interaction which seemed like a huge missed opportunity to me

Anyone got a mega link?

Attached: 1546709028331.jpg (750x750, 57K)

It was nice hearing Red's VA again, I don't think I've heard him in anything else.

Sounds like somebody got filtered lol

netflix.com

wouldnt the next tallest person just be in charge?
wouldnt that be Sizz-lorr?

>reducing Zim to 30 measly minutes of screentime at best
The movie is about an hour and 10 minutes or so in length. Taking up half of the movie doesn't sound all that bad.

Anyone else disappointed zim and dib didn't team up to defeat a otherworldy threat. call me a faggot, but thats what I was expecting

Attached: e55.jpg (1890x1417, 161K)

mega.nz/#!IchHnawQ!t9iRNxWUSWi1numFxnzDfdALtR2TbL9ZFUuSelSTziQ

That just would've been Tak episode again

They did that before in Planet Jackers and the Halloween episode.

Maybe, but in my opinion it would have been better than the movie we got.

Disagree but ok.

OH YEAH
youtube.com/watch?v=iT_Ydfjc_D0

>mfw the "Ultra Peepi" song was made because the animation returned from Korean sweatshop made it look like he was strutting through the city

Attached: 1496629493419.jpg (225x224, 10K)

Dunno, but it would be cool if that one contempt pilot that pink and red kept mocking survived in an escape pod, and ended up becoming the new Irken leader

Without the changes to Gaz she was never going to get any meaningful screen time.

She was never goth

>Jhonen has ALWAYS said that Dib was his favorite characte

You can unironically tell by how much the show shit on him.

Zim had to solo Planet Jackers

>pink and red

how is it a major let down and a 7/10, a 5/10 would be complete neutrality/indifference, I'm not even arguing against your points, I just see people do that a lot and it baffles me.

Zim is actually a lot more crazy and insane, comparing older episodes, same with Dib. Gaz just seemed to mellow out

Bro read his interviews you newfag scum. The jokes about his head being big were an in-studio joke that manifested in the show itself.

No, it was pretty much the same. If you've decided you don't like Zim now that's one thing, but it was the same humor as the pilot did. It isn't "...cringy?" now, it always was.

You invoke my wrath, Yea Forums?!

Attached: you invoke my wrath.jpg (935x652, 80K)

Lol wtf kind of reaction is that? The big head joke wasn't what I was referring to. And I GENUINELY mean that you can tell Dib was Jhonen's favorite by how much the show shits on him. Even excluding the head thing, since it seems to trigger you so much

I'm autistic. Sorry.

user you don't have to pretend you didn't like it to make a zim general, people will still respond if you're positive

The last Tallest were killed in ID1 and replaced by Red and Purple, they will be replaced as well if they actually died.

HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY!

If they are needed they will be brought back or replaced. It is not a concrete death, and they could always just pick new tallest.

>invader zim movie has to be about invader zim
>rocko movie can't be about rocko

I've seen rocko and I've never seen zim before, after having seen both and feeling 'eh' about rocko, i really enjoyed the invader zim movie

should i watch the series?

Newfag

Zim is good if you watch the whole series omit Girl Who Cried Gnome. I think beyond that the annoying LOLSORANDUMB XD 2000s vibe is forgivable.

fuck off tranny

I loved everything about this. God damn it's nice at least one show came back without comin' back wrong. no gay shit, no changed voices, no bad characterizations, and just enough changes to status quo. and big-ol-shit-you-always-wanted-to-see without it being too much.
that sequence at the end was damn amazing. and I'm not even one of those people that cares about animation quality. Happy End.

I even liked that they kinda faked us out with that. I believed it for a second.. but I forgot who made this.

one and a half of those statements are accurate though
Yea Forums is a bunch of crabs but a lot of the complaints are valid.

It lacked the edge of the original show. Like in the original, Zim outright tortured Dib to death in one of the drafts, and nobody, not even his family, gave a shit about it because Dib was that worthless to them (before Nick censured it). Then there was the organ harvesting episode where Zim stole the other kids organs. Everyone was a horrible, unlikable, nasty piece of shit and deserved to lose.

If you liked the movie, yes. The differences are superficial for the most part.

Remove Samurai Jack and EtF and it's good. I'm pretty sure the people complaining about Zim are seething rockofags

Rewatch Zim over Rocko. Zim is still very "spiritually" there in the special film. Rocko felt like a "fuck you" to Nickelodeon desu - like Joe Murray's "Mayonnaise on Screen for 3 Hours".

am i the only one that sees invader zim as a glorified version of newgrounds animation? sort of on the same vein as collab re-animate?

I kinda miss the old coloring style, it really sold the "hopeless shit-world" atmosphere.

IZ was always cringy, and with this modern execution and more extreme poses it only emphasizes that.
Also, yes, very often comebacks are just cheap rehashes and remixing of old jokes. What did you expect?

Attached: Dan Harmon raping a baby.webm (640x640, 524K)

imma let you in on a little secret. Zim is not the protagonist

>The movie was a major letdown
>I give it 7/10
Huh??

This movie was exactly like the show humor wise I think you've just gotten older

jungle movie had touch phones which really fucked with me, but all n all i'm happy arnold's story is complete

Attached: 1565643310780.jpg (720x736, 480K)

You just got older and grew out of the humor. The movie has the same exact vibes as later episodes like Mysterious Mysteries or Zim Eats Waffles.

more like the edge of the first few episodes. Bad Bad Rubber Piggy had a lighthearted tone similar to the film

>Static Cling was SJW bullshit!!!
the only true statement

I didn't watch Static Cling.

What was so SJW about it?

>People had crushes on DIB and would draw their self-insert going on a date with him
Rebecca Sugar was one of them, right?

A character made a sex change and Yea Forums exploded.

this
based retard

Why did they make the Tallest so retarded in this movie?

Wow, that's a terrible idea!

yes

at this point I would be more suprised at a 2000's cartoon she DIDN'T make porn for

P E A C E
I S
N I C E

Can someone who understands the animation industry explain to me why a singular hour long movie looks notably cheaper than the show that ran for two seasons?

Does Netflix just have no money to spend or something? Or has the general level of talent in the pool of animators gone down or something? I'm genuinely curious, I really don't know the answer.

I thought it was flawless. The truest extension of the cartoon possible. Even with Prof. Membrane's (normally) irritating status quo. Anyone who wanted other things probably just wanted their fanfic acted out on screen.

Attached: 1545071442056.png (722x640, 128K)

The Dib movie would've involved Dib personally taking down the Tallest and teaming up with that one imprisoned alien race that build all the irken tech. Dib was the focus and he saves the day, but it's hardly the same plot JV once imagined.

It seemed more like the end of a basic episode where the tallest will be fine and no one will ever mention the Florpus again. Which is perfect, if they want to make more movies/episodes.

This was such a dumb gag. And I love the two seconds where Dib actually looks back to see.

Show was in SD which hides the flaws Better

Dib regularly got made fun of for having a huge head.

Tranny frog Rachel. Alex Jones was right.

Because they are snack eating hedonists and their hate for Zim transcends their common sense

I really don't think that's it. The movie had pretty noticeable changes in frame rate for stuff like lip sync and low energy scenes. It was animated like an anime, where specific shots are much more fluently animated than others, whereas the show was pretty much a consistent framerate whether the scene in question was dialogue or acton.

Yeah, but it's also a joke about how you look fatter on TV done in such a ridiculous way.

Animation budgets are probably way lower on average thanks to tools like flash. So yeah, I'd imagine their budget was tighter than the show's.

Okay but they were at least somewhat competent in the original series and this “muh straight line” bullshit seemed like such a cop-out. They can be as hedonistic and spiteful toward Zim as they want without being made into total idiots in the process.

Jhonen and company don't give a frog's shit about character integrity or cohesive characterization in this respect. They'd demolish anyone for a joke.

Just seems like an odd transition when their outright retardation was not previously established in the tv series, which this movie was supposed to be the long-awaited sequel to. Maybe they gradually explain them becoming dumber with some character development in the comic series, but I’m not a comic fag and I didn’t even know there was a Zim comic until yesterday. If this is a sequel to the television show, then it should be able to stand on its own without needing the viewer to have prior knowledge of an iteration from another medium, and if the retardation is expected because of comics, then this is one portion where they have massively failed.

The show's budget per episode could reach 1 million, of course the animation looked good. Since Nick didn't want the same mistake to happen again, they gave the crew lesser budget and they had to sacrifice some scenes to make others looks great. Kinda like how Panty and Stocking went from gorgeous high quality animation to shitty Flash in one episode to another. I wish the animation is more consistent as well but with that artstyle it's gonna be really expensive

Attached: 1e53357f-e0f7-4f1e-910c-9c6d98072cbf.gif (500x281, 1.33M)

even in the OG series they were snacks-obsessed lunatics, it's not that deep. i mean the only reason why they're the leader is because they're taller than everyone else. i guess Red was somewhat competent but the changes weren't really that drastic

Shut the fuck up, boomer.

Yes but they were never stupid enough to drive head-first into a world-ending catastrophe. That’s Family Guy levels of stupidity. Gluttony doesn’t translate to idiocy like that.

They made her an objectively better character by allowing her to express herself and not being constrained by the shitty design decision to basically remove her eyes.

This is literally what happens to every animation studio not given a ridiculous budget. Most infamously, anime as a genre has made an art out of minimizing animation as much as possible 90% of the time to make the last 10% look as good as possible. It's a simple money concern.

its a joke, their arbitrary, carefree, arrogant leadership coming to bite them in the ass.
The show isn't some plot driven political drama that requires wholly consistent characters to be making wholly rational decisions 100% of the time. It's a comedy driven by its bombastic characters, and sometimes its worth dumbing them down for a laugh as long as it doesn't completely contradict their characterization.

I don't think the Tallest being intelligent was ever one of their defining traits, they were generally shown to be just as if not more clueless than their underlings. I think there was even at least one if not multiple times where someone like the pilot in the movie was obviously more intelligent than them. It's not a big deal.

You're idiotic user, this movie was amazing and all zim fans are static we got such an amazing movie after so many years.

It's everything you could want in a Zim movie and then some. Only War of The Planets, Zim eats waffles and the one where Zim takes control of the tallest's ship are better.

Thank you Johnen. It could have more Zita for sure and some actual Tak not just Tak's ship.

>as a kid
maybe rewatch the show then? i bet you just wouldnt like the show as an adult either

>>The Jungle Move sucked!!
Never watched it
>>Static Cling was SJW bullshit!!!
Yes
>>Samurai Jack S5 ruined the entire show!!!
No
>>YJ Season 3 is soulless bs that panders to tumblr!!!!!!
Never watched it
>>Enter the Florpus was just another low effort cash grab, this is nothing like the original!!!!!!!!!!
It was good

Jungle Movie was a good continuation on what people wanted to see getting resolved with Arnold, Florpus was Zim with a movie budget and pushing the envelope as hard as it could
Fucking Static Cling just felt like the writers kept huffing their own farts about how "THINGS CHANGE, NOTHING ISN'T THE SAME" for 45 minutes, fucking hell Rocko spending an entire episode bitching about Fatheads was obnoxious

Static cling probably would have been better if it were cut to a standard run time honestly. The whole thing felt way too slow.

Whatever you say

Attached: 1565837685332.png (800x700, 36K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

>father beats up son to death because he decided to live his life in a certain way
Just tells what sort of mentally impaired culture these alt-SJWs grew up in.

Attached: jhonen alien comic.jpg (897x565, 135K)

this post is cringey

What a shit opinion.

WHATTTTT!

Invader Zim was NOTORIOUS for having an enormous budget, which is a big reason it got shitcanned in the first place.

Given that it set Hot Topic on fire though that must have justified it, no?

Apart from ruining Gaz, it was okay.

no. It started making money AFTER it was canceled. No extra seasons would make a return on investment.

Ain't that just the way

Why did Nick decide to give IZ so much budget to begin with?

you aren't allowed to acknowledge the existence of people alt right weirdos don't like which includes gays, blacks trannies and sometimes even women in general

how was Gaz ruined?
she was never invincible from shenanigans or anything. at one point she danced with Gir to save the world and she was constantly at the end of Zim's hijinxs and slapstick.

She isn't his precious little gothic lolita anymore.

Come to think of it they seem'd to have dropped all the gothicness completely.

remember when actually the Tallest are mostly puppets and its the omnibrain computers that were running the show?

why didnt the computers just route around it? for a split second.

Can someone just tell me whether or not I need to rewatch the show? I liked the show as a kid, but I was really young when it came out, so much of my memory of specific episodes don't really stand out in my mind, except for a few choice ones like the germ episode. I don't have to "brush up on lore" to watch the movie, do I?

Attached: Vincentadultmancropped.png (194x475, 94K)

She was never so emotional, willing to do shit and encourage Dib. Even in comics. If she gains nothing from it - she won't do it.

Gaz is still Gaz though

ate Dib
ate Zim
ate having to save the world

loves video games and dad. simple as

the real thing I was surprised to not see was the creepy shadow teacher. you'd think they have at least ONE gag of her looking out the window, seeing everything going to shit and muttering a small "meh" before closing the blinds.

Coz only the tallest and other Irkens will suffer? Ship can go through stars unscathed - what's a little florpus to it?

Invader Zim aint a deep show, hell it was made during the era of episodic content that always resets by the next episode, so the only continuity you need to be aware of is the shows overall plot and dynamic.
If you must you could get away with just rewatching the first ep, it's what I did, pretty much sets up the shows premise.
Otherwise there's a reference here and there but nothing you simply must know.
The one thing you would need to know they give enough context to understand anyway.

i need sexy ship pic

Gaz is into vore?

Attached: 1558315733654.png (645x731, 216K)

It didn't ruin seasons 1-4 and the first 3 episodes of S5. Those are still kino.

all of S5 was kino

>son
>his
fuck off, shitlord

Ms Bitters' voice actress died 7 years ago.

Mostly , but if you don’t watch the Christmas episode, you might be confused by minimoose. Even if you do, you might still be confused.

I do think the movie was a little too nice to Dib. I would have preferred the moral to be "Fuck everyone else, you're right and you don't need them" rather than Membrane to suddenly reveal he was proud of Dib from the beginning due to paternal bonds he's never once shown before. Yeah, I'd be edgy and cynical but so is Invader Zim.

Ralph became Rachel and is now trans.
I think it was legitimately Joe Murray trolling the entire audience since Ralph was always his self-insert. The humor from him as a character came from how unhappy and cynical he was and how he'd go from having this really mellow, low voice to screeching at the top of his lungs when he snapped. Joe had maybe six lines in the special and he sounded fucking dead inside.
The whole special was a rehashing of the Wacky Dely plot minus the animated show theme, I'm 90% sure most of the animation was lifted from the old show, not a single original joke or gag (RRBM as Nolan Batman made me lol tho), jabs were so blatantly made at Nickelodeon as a corporation you'd be retarded to not notice.
I truly think it was Joe's rendition of mayonnaise on screen for three hours but this is only my speculation.

too many rounded edges
Jhonen needs to become depressed again. This was like Zim for the wimp younger sibling of an old Zim fan whose more about cutesy stuff than real gags.
better than new Rocko though

Yeah, wasn't nearly as "edgy" as I expected it to be. The redesigns felt far more rounded.

I will say, though, the style showcase they had towards the end when Earth was entering the Florpus hole and reality was warping was a treat. Also, some of the sequences in general were really well animated. It felt like there was at least a lot of love put into it, despite the character designs not being as pointy as they used to be.

>we got tiny pizza
l'il bits

Invader Zim was responsible for the mid 2000s lol so random cringey humor. There's no reason it shouldn't be able to continue using it

When were they ever not retards

Kevin McDonald always played the retard while Red was more intelligent at least but I kinda assumed Red had some sort of strategic plan of going in a straight line at that moment in time that should've been off-set by the Florpus but he didn't calculate it since he didn't think Zim was planning on actually destroying the fleet since he was so far away and was too proud to admit the change of schedule.
Also, they explain in the comic that teleportation is extremely dangerous and volatile and that only the most intelligent vortian brains strapped to their most prestigious scientist was able to invent it so I really doubt they thought Zim was going to do anything at all in the film but dick around in his living room.

>It felt like there was at least a lot of love put into it, despite the character designs not being as pointy as they used to be.
this, it wasn't amazing but i can definitely see why jhonen was so hyped about this movie finally coming out for everyone to see

I want to draw porn of this show but I don't want to r34 any of the characters.

Enter the Florpus was better than the original series and the only people who don't realize this are mentally ill fangirls who are still 14 in their heads.

Based and redpilled.

Enter the Florpus was great. Zir was really cute.

youtube.com/watch?v=189gSbEkaeg

Attached: GIRpeaceandrice.png (1328x687, 1.88M)

>world peace is just a ploy for the hidden (((irken))) menace to subjugate humanity
Wow, didn't know Jhonen is a white supremacist.

Florpus was great, I was pleasantly surprised how it captured the magic of the original series and could serve as a decent finale to Zim

Anyone feel that it didn't quite top Backseat Drivers though?
Florpus felt a little been there done that in places.

Just do your own generic irken OC then, retard.

Think the overall consensus is that it's pretty good but suffers a bit from pacing issues.

>Even in comics
This is Gaz from the comics, though. And like says, you're just mad she's more than a glorified background character now.

So epic. This is pretty epic, right guys?

>Anyone feel that it didn't quite top Backseat Drivers though?
He's been obsessed with the Tallest personally seeing that he's taken over earth/he's destroying earth and it comes up a few times in the comics but never happens.

>the irken tallest penetrate planets with their penis-ship and can only go "straight"
>world peace and unity is just bullshit for the (((irken))) to control humanity
So, is this movie pro-SJW or pro-nazi? It's like it cannot decide.

Attached: 1565996161560.png (1440x810, 1.46M)

It was good. Gaz gave me a boner.

>irkens are jews who use children to destroy the world
>dib refers to his dad in a german accent implying he's a german nazi
based nazi dib, the true aryan hero of cartoons

It was pretty fucking good.

>nazi scientist escapes to south america
>meets a latin woman who becomes Dib's mom
>builds a robotic body and becomes immortal
>cooks up nonsense shark accident story
>erases/imprisons Dib's mom because she might've talked
>brainwashes kids to not care
>the random german accent during impersonation is Dib's unconscious trying to break the condtioning
Jesus christ, Jhonen, that's pretty heavy for a kids' show lore.

It's like flying through the Warp, the strongest Irkens will survive once they make it through to the other side

They're too nice in the movie. Pic related is the sort of sick fuckery I expect from Zim. Being unbound from Nickelodeon should have allowed them to really push the boundaries (like Adult Party did with R&S)

Attached: 1566151248619.webm (920x690, 2.95M)

I wished they would have had the balls to have killed Dib in the episode like they originally wanted.

Attached: 1566146900315.jpg (1360x768, 90K)

I'd really love to see Zim defeating Boa Hancock and her sisters from One Piece & turning them into the Irken 's empire slaves.
Then, Zim will kill Luffy just to see Hancock suffer.

In that same clip they seem to defer to the Tallest, but that was in Zim's imagination anyways, maybe he just likes the Tallest that much. They'll probably pick a new one until Red and Purple are inevitably vomited out somewhere.

The tallests just expressed their hatred for the LGBT community by saying "But we're going straight"

Not really. There are a few payoffs to things that never got resolved in the series, but it's not hard to piece together

>So, is this movie pro-SJW or pro-nazi? It's like it cannot decide.

You are such garbage.

Attached: leavingCO.png (400x400, 187K)

Holy fucking autism.

Attached: bugsterror.jpg (698x672, 139K)

>like Adult Party did with R&S
You mean that cartoon that was worse for it in every way?

>autism
Why?

Pushing the limits of what they could get away with was the entire point and what makes it fun.
If you take away all the limits and go full edge then it loses impact and becomes cringy tryhard.

Fuck off frogposter. Go eat some tendies and disappoint your parents.

Didn't watch Jungle Movie because why would anyone watch that?

Static Cling having a trannie plot point was the most stupid thing ever

Samurai Jack S5 became a half-assed romance story with a retarded ending

Why would anyone watch YJ Season 3?

Enter the Florpus was decent

It was pro-"go fuck yourself with your endless quest to find pointless subtext in the art you consume to validate your fragile sense of self that's propped by your political views"

That was a joke

...Why?

Attached: 1499216271203.gif (300x300, 1.9M)

Wally Wingert? He's Hank Pym in the best marvel cartoon, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, he's the dub voive of Tiger in Tiger and Bunny, Cubot from the Sonic Games/Sonic Boom, Riddler in the Arkham games, and MODOK in that new Marvel Alliance game

Attached: Wally_Wingert_&_Spooky.jpg (800x1200, 131K)

Zim can't have a character arc, because as soon as he does the series stops.Not to mention Dib plays off well with his family as a supporting cast, while all Zim has is Gir, who is just a walking meme.

I don’t think they knew this wasn’t gonna air on nick til after they’d finished it.

Yeah, but there's a reason why it and Dark Harvest were the best remembered and loved episodes of IZ.

Attached: EcWb.gif (358x265, 2.71M)

World peace also saved the earth too

Zim and Dib are the same character. Are you dumb?

>But also Zim show has been known to ignore bad ends
But bad ends never happened to the Tallest, right?
Besides, those previous bad ends were never definitive. We're just supposed to assume Zim & Dib always found a way to return things back to normal, in a way so genius and dastardly... even the writers couldn't figure it out.

>Which is perfect, if they want to make more movies/episodes
Which is never. Due to Vasquez's lack of motivation.

Could we motivate him somehow? I dunno, maybe get his address and send him a dead squirrel or something?

>Dark Harvest
>the spike in the orchestra when zooming into the hall monitor's belly button
chills every damn time

BBRP is remembered because it was insanely satisfying to see Zim get his comeuppance after all the vile shit he pulled.

Or new eyes. Send him new eyes.

Attached: tumblr_m76ihamS7L1r0y44no5_250.gif (245x184, 931K)

Not O=only that, but the comeback Dib makes in his mech about to kill Zim, which makes you semi-sympathize with zim to fix the situation he created. Basically both characters are sympathetic in their own way.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 5.56.02 PM.png (724x459, 433K)

>vile shit
Which Dib invited upon himself by immediately trying to dissect Zim. Everything Zim does to Dib qualifies as self-defense.

Red and Purple Tallest are actually a gay couple

user's saying they probably went light since they thought it would air on modern Nick.

I thought it was the best IZ story yet

>people think you're supposed to care
You're supposed to laugh.

The dash of sincerity the movie and comics added to the series made it even better

Hey! That's my wife you're talking about.

>letdown
the whole "zim waited hidde in a toiltet for years" analogy got lost on you this hard
WOW DUDE
nice job being dense
have sex incel

Attached: 1560365892001.jpg (650x865, 78K)

Dumb frogposter

That's sad, Rocky Road is my favorite.

I'm mad because the Gaz I remembered was an unrepentant little sociopath and serial killer in the making. Also, the interactions within the Membrane family was pure cringe. In the original IZ, they didn't give a shit about one another. Like Dr. Membrane forgot he even had children a ton of times in the show and outright neglected them. Gaz's reaction to Dib dying (as far as she knew) was a "good riddance." Dib was so self absorbed and egotistic that he was often times in his own little world and everyone around him were just props in his game. Nobody had an ounce of goodness in them, which made you want to root for Zim since he was giving the shitty human race what it deserved.

go watch linkin park amvs

Attached: 94f.jpg (556x527, 32K)

Dunno what everyone's bitching about - just finished it and it was pretty good.

Rocko was always about putting a mirror up to the modern world, so it's not surprising that it went the direction it did. If you think the movie was "huffing it's own farts" compared to the show then you clearly don't remember Rocko very well. It felt like it meandered a little bit in the middle but overall it was fine.

I liked Zim better though.

They're just 13 year olds who think they're cool for watching a show from 15 years ago and are upset Jhonen Vasquez is done with his "intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor" phase.

>movie is not pandering mentally ill people, its actually fun and keeps it fun and doesnt try be some artsy fartsy shit like most new shows
>Yea Forums hates it
Like clockwork

This scene was so stupid, but I loved every moment of it.

not that user but old Rocko sacrificed everything for the sake of comedy. Even if it had a sweet moment, it would be undercut immediately by a gag. A “mean spirited” one half the time. The new one is gag deprived and tries very hard to not be mean spirited.

This movie's awful SJW pandering nearly killed me

Was gir always this annoying in the original series? I don't remember him being this aggravating. I really wish that there was ONE moment where he got into red eye mode and got to do something cool but that didn't happen.

Professor membrane is an absolute boss. Best dad for dib. I grew to like dib in the movie. He finally got his moment after all of zim's bullshit.

I liked Gaz's character as well. She wasn't as much as a bitch or dickhead as I thought while watching this when I was younger.

But there was way too much screaming and yelling for my taste. It's like they were trying to appeal to the ADHD audience. Got annoying pretty fast.

Also all those callbacks to taz but they never show her. Not even once.

How do you know who Tak is if you've obviously never seen the show?

it's up in it's entirety on youtube right now i think

I just can't get over how toothless it is. The writing, the humor, the pacing, the art style, the color scheme, the character designs. It's all gotten so soft and inoffensive. Johnen has clearly gotten a lot softer in his old age and can't deliver art with the same sharpness and bite he used to excel in. I would have much rather see the series pick up where it left off with the unproduced season 2 episodes.

Attached: 1446198775933.jpg (361x330, 20K)

Zim did literally nothing wrong

It's like an exact animated adaptation of the comics, if you've looked at any of those over the past 4 years this shouldn't have surprised you in the slightest. Jhonen isn't an edgy 20 year old trying to see what they'll let him get away with anymore.

>if you've looked at any of those over the past 4 years this shouldn't have surprised you in the slightest
I'm sure those 8 people were prepared for a complete shift in the original show's direction and soul.

8 readers doesn't result in a 45+ issue comic.
>soul
Gimme a fucking break, now you sound like Yea Forums.
>IT'S LITERALLY SOULLESS

Who are you quoting? I just said the soul of the show changed.

>this movie was a major letdown
nah stopped reading there. you're wrong

No, nothing brought back after 10 years will never be good.
Either the show/movie will dated and a product of its time or only have appealed to that age
Or
It will try to keep up with the times leaving what it was.

That being said I thought Florpus was alright.

I'd rather it have been a full on ending. Just the end. If Zim had just gave up and conquered or switched to trying to conquere Earth for himself instead of the tallest, I would have been satisfied.

>But the Tallest are in the Florpus
Yeah, but the creator and fans can just fall back on the show not having continuity and fans will think Zim is coming back.
Plus I don't think Zim knows the tallest are in the Florpus.

Okay everything you said was pretty accurate, EtF and Jungle Move weren't that bad though.

The last half of samurai jack was fuckin garbage, but it was all worth it just for this one bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=EDezpt2Qc9A

Yes, he was.
>I really wish that there was ONE moment where he got into red eye mode and got to do something cool but that didn't happen.
The whole joke through the series is Gir tries to get serious then fumbles it. Dunno why they'd do that now

Jungle movie was okay
Static Cling was SJW bullshit
Samurai Jack S5 was decent, but declined when Ashi became a main character.
Don't care about YJ
Enter the Florpus was good

I think that's just because Jhonen's art looks a lot like Tom Fulp's and they blew up around the same time.

No, she's Johnnen's goth waifu.

Attached: 1526090068678.png (500x320, 40K)

>No, nothing brought back after 10 years will never be good.
Magnus: Robot Fighter

Didn't know I wanted this till now

I want Gaz to be my slave, in which I beat and piss on her. Than i'll remove her teeth and gum fuck her! I want to gum fuck Gaz!!!

fuck off zim

fuck you, Come here and tell me that before I fuck you in your ass you punk human. You faggot. You can't touch me. You're not man enough. I'll eat your ass hole alive you BITCH!!! Fuck you, you hoe. Come and say it to my face, i'll fuck you in the ass in front of everybody. You bitch. C'mon you Bitch. You scared coward. You not man enough to fuck with me. You can't last two minutes in my world bitch. Look at you, scared now you hoe. Scared like a little white pussy. Scared of the real man. I'LL FUCK YOU TIL YOU LOVE ME FAGGOT

This.

Way fucking better than sjw bullshit.

Exactly the same feeling here bro. Something was off about this... It relies way too heavily on slap stick humor. The show did too, but it was funnier then for some reason, but it felt weak and recycled this time around, and not just because I'm almost 20 years older.. I think it worked better in the show because the slapstick was part of the ironic social commentary of societal decay that was underpinning the show; like when Bloaty in one episode has a spaceship crash and bounce off of him harmlessly, it's funny not just because it's slapstick, it's also funny because of the sheer level of obesity and degeneracy of Bloaty. The movie lacked context, and basically just relied on spamming slapstick antics at the expense of any context or character development.

Still better than static "sjw shoehorned bullshit" cling

Am I the only one who was getting irritated at the different art style

Probably has to do with him being a cyborg now.

maybe they just grew up?

Zim is ALWAYS baiting Dib (and us with him) so of course its gonna focus on Dib more
Dib only barely wins with dues ex machina

It's like you've never watched the show
The formula is that simple

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-07-07-17h07m24s456.png (1280x720, 968K)

this

also get outta my head

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-01-30-21h09m57s160.png (1280x720, 994K)

You just need to fully get used to the Zim/Dib rivalry... and maybe Gir's obnoxiousness

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-02-14-01h45m47s050.png (1280x720, 616K)

Are you only saying this out of reference to the slave branding in OP looking similar to the Irken symbol ffs? wth man

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-28-01h52m12s878.png (1280x720, 242K)

>ive been a huge zim fanboy
And this is exactly why your opinion diesn't matter.

This may be the most pretentious, stupid post I've seen on Yea Forums.

You became a wet blanket for a show about a fun chaotic mess.

Attached: kino.jpg (259x227, 17K)

getting offended at Rocko is totally SJW tier you fucking loser lol

IF HOT TOPIC THOTS CAN OBSESS OVER IT WHY CAN'T I???

Why did it get a huge budget?

this is such a stupid fucking meme, it's not Jhonen, it's just someone who likes the movie. That is allowed, even against your contrarian stances.

Netflix didn't make it, just licensed it

Pretty much.
Vazques is Mexican and Mexicans usually dont give fuck about that, just want to be entertained with something that feels was worth their time.

Hence why I liked the movie, I havent laughed at a cartoon on a long while. I just wish we can see the Tallest return and that this isnt the last special we ever see of Zim.

I want to become an awesome cartoonist & comic writer like my idol, Mr Vasquez. This typically requires me to sit in room and draw/write stories for hours. And my mom keeps on bitching about how I'm doing nothing all day long while me cousin went on to become a doctor.
Well, good for him. I'm going to become a successful comic artist with characters loved by everyone in this world while he will be asking random people "pee in this cup, please".

make me proud user