PROGRESS limit Edition

PROGRESS limit Edition

Thread topic: What is one defining trait about your protagonist? Antagonist? How do these traits put them at opposing ends?

>/hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Don'ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
makingcomics.com/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
pastebin.com/BSVaT7uQ

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Terrible Writing Advice: youtube.com/channel/UC3ogrx6d9oohf6D42G44j1A

>Brush Packs
CSP: mega.nz/#F!5xlV2IzJ!bg8BZB-oYaVrmD31S3fJHw

This was the last one

Attached: 1565212979457.jpg (1200x1165, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/challenge/omnifighters/list?title_no=189548&page=2
pmq.com/pizza-in-comics-the-life-and-times-of-admiral-pizza/
patreon.com/Admiralpizza
tapas.io/episode/1272284
smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=180646
tapas.io/episode/1492463
tapas.io/series/Edwards-Quest
tapas.io/series/Tad-Danger-Substitute-Ranger
webtoons.com/en/challenge/tad-danger-substitute-ranger/the-saurus-squad/viewer?title_no=315332&episode_no=1
youtu.be/pPuJUQtsqDY
newgrounds.com/portal/view/736822
cyberscherzoff.itch.io/lbb-a-playful-proposition
vocaroo.com/i/s1SLx76IhAmJ
vocaroo.com/i/s0tGWwB1pXWq
twitter.com/1uckyjunk
tapas.io/series/PREDATHEOSIS
predatheosis.tumblr.com/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/predatheosis/list?title_no=227480
newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1434168/1
newgrounds.com/art/view/prov22/predatheosis-1-russian-translation
webtoons.com/en/challenge/gather-ye-power/list?title_no=327553
tapas.io/series/Gather-Ye-Power
tapas.io/series/The-Power-of-Stardust
tapas.io/episode/1494449
webtoons.com/en/challenge/tad-danger-substitute-ranger/sky-high/viewer?title_no=315332&episode_no=2
tapas.io/episode/1494754
webtoons.com/en/challenge/cardinal-junction/converging-paths-pages-14-15/viewer?title_no=196040&episode_no=19
cardinaljunction.smackjeeves.com/
docs.google.com/document/d/1fx5nZTPHod1FpxxOhJ1Z1AgCfzdTtMN_R79j4A-HnhQ/edit?usp=sharing
deviantart.com/julia012
tapas.io/series/Utsukishi-Rosaura
mangaido.com/en/u/julka_dru/series
youtube.com/watch?v=4TVTm5xfvjk
tapas.io/episode/1495392
webtoons.com/en/challenge/eerily-lovely/wild-strawberry-part-5/viewer?title_no=255060&episode_no=24
eerilylovely.smackjeeves.com/comics/2844360/wild-strawberry-part-5/
youtube.com/watch?v=w7Se1iwsV48
saturday-am.com/submit
tapas.io/episode/1496017
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What is one defining trait about your
protagonist? Antagonist? How do these traits put them at opposing ends?
There isn't much difference between them, both sides fight for their ideal and believe their actions can be morally justified.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/omnifighters/list?title_no=189548&page=2

Attached: Lieselot and Sootbeard M.png (700x700, 359K)

ooh, defining traits. I should have thought of that.

and you should have thought of adding that this is #586, but that's okay

>Have this idea for a long running comic
>It'll take me 2 to 4 years of non stop work to finish it
This is disheartening
Doing parts and taking break will only add more years to it but I'll get to do other stuff
It makes me wish I had an inker and a colorist.

Attached: 1304834570820.jpg (544x400, 17K)

i'll promise not to cry next time

just do what you can, that will be the most rewarding

This is HOW YOU DO COMICS THE CRAZYLAND COMIC WAY-If you can find a better way...Welll IM ALL EARS

Attached: how2comics_by_washyourhandsman-d657wng.png (1290x1950, 1.58M)

fuck! I let us all down!

Attached: 1357181826607.gif (500x281, 499K)

This is HOW YOUR WRITE COMICS THE CRAZYLAND COMIC WAY!

Attached: HOW2WRITECOMICS.png (1290x1950, 1.78M)

Crazyland comics star hero was mentioned in PMQ Magazine! WOW!- pmq.com/pizza-in-comics-the-life-and-times-of-admiral-pizza/ Remember!~ WE ARE STILL HIRING! You can apply here-patreon.com/Admiralpizza

Attached: NEWCCLOGO.png (1000x1000, 205K)

trust me, it'll breeze by
Nah you saved our asses by making a new thread.

Oh actually you also forgot to put how's your webcomic in the subject.. so it might be a little hard for some people to find.
Still, thanks.

Is this a joke? Hard to tell.

How'd I do?

Attached: Swords275t.png (1050x1307, 622K)

Sure, that'll mean doing it in chunks
There is nothing wrong with that I just feel that if I get an audience they'll pressure me into finishing it and it'll be weird to see how my art style changes from chunk to chunk.
>trust me, it'll breeze by
What do you mean?

>it'll be weird to see how my art style changes from chunk to chunk.
OH GOD I know that feel. my style changes so drastically page to page, I've had no choice but to make that itself a style and tie it to the narrative

do you have anything started?

thats fucking good dude

Attached: 1488335641306.jpg (2592x1944, 721K)

Whia holy shit you're the swords guy???? Dude I'm a huge fan I love your comic

>do you have anything started?
Nothing yet but I'm aching to start
I've done short coming before and I know well how long does a page take me and how fucking much my style changes across the work but those comics were short deals and I imagine things will get way crazier if I extend it through years.

Thanks guys

Attached: 258icon.jpg (160x151, 23K)

>can't come up with a name for my comic
>somehow find a comic with a really good name, Cottonstar
>it was 404 for around 5 days by the time I got around to reading it
>check again
>Cottonstar is back
Oh,

Attached: 1563519180021.png (789x377, 254K)

No thread title? Careless, OP.

This is Thread #586

Posting the pages im working on now.

Read my comic here
tapas.io/episode/1272284
it has huuuh
onis.

Attached: cdsdc.png (1020x1364, 289K)

oh or here

smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=180646

Attached: 55555.png (1020x1364, 339K)

Im unsure the tactic is making any sense for the readers, but whats important to rescue is that Azu is going a dark path.

Attached: ZZZ.png (1020x1364, 276K)

You should practice learning how to draw the same shapes over and over again. Find one doodle or drawing that has a design you really like, then draw that same drawing over and over again until you can draw it consistently and accurately. It also helps to make model sheets, as it's really super hard to stay consistent just relying on your memory. Professional cartoonists use model sheets all the time to make sure they aren't diverging from the original model page to page, and unless you've been drawing the same character for 10 years, you're going to need a model sheet because you will forget what even your own characters look like, you will invent new shapes to replace the ones you forgot, and it will look consistently off page to page. A lot of work in comics is non-fun work like constantly referring to model sheets and references to make sure your inevitable human mistakes are kept to a minimum.

Okay. This one wasn’t bad.

Cottonstar sounds like a racial epithet.

Keep on keeping on Pizza bro.

Is there a guide anywhere for simple expressive hands? Want to do something with shitty art but currently they just look like rakes

>Cottonstar is an ongoing South African webcomic, written, drawn and self published by Danelle Malan and Ben Geldenhuys
>Cottonstar, a dystopian fiction story, is set in an alternate future Cape Town in which most of the present day land masses of the world are covered with water
could be

anyone knows whats this? i was just painting and suddenly first the colors dissapeared, then all pages have a pattern based on another page and it doesnt matter if i go to previously saved files, its still there

Attached: fuuuuck.png (1364x716, 521K)

Apparently all my files got corrupted. Almost four hours of working for this.

Guess I wont be publishing anything this week, I feel like shit.

Makes me sick to my stomach... i don't know why that happened. I have lost pages in the past to similar issues. Think of this as an opportunity to make an even better page. Alternatively, do your best to work with the files you uploaded to the thread.

Yeah, I think I saved the linework. I dont have any kind of drive to redo pages lost like that. Ill just color it all again, although now Ill always fear the same shit repeats itself. Saving it did nothing.

The same thing happened to me with SAI.

what horribly enrages me is that loading the previously saved files does nothing. Why. You would think that solves it.

oooooruehouwhouwe
closing photoshop and opening again and then opening the files on another format and saving them and opening them again somewhat fixed it so far.

It got me an old file but at least I dont have to start from zero.

I haven't really.made a comic yet
I've got so, so many ideas, I've been sitting on this story for years, and it's not completely thought out yet, but I've got more than enough to start working with, but I just...
I'm so scared.
Scared I'll put a bunch of effort into something no one will see, scared because my art's inconsistent and I'm not even that good of an artist right now, scared that people will just hate it.
It's been this way for a while now, and I'm scared that I'll just crumple up and die without getting to tell a story that I've thought up and am passionate about...

Attached: tres_bien.png (1000x935, 1012K)

Your art looks nice. Find your niche and most importantly have fun.

Don't forget to draw in in the interim

Attached: CRae829.jpg (272x153, 17K)

>The Chad Schizopizzaman
vs
>The Virgin panicky anonnette

>Thread question.
I think they're all deuteragonists.
tapas.io/episode/1492463

tapas.io/series/Edwards-Quest

Attached: Edward's Quest ch1 p1.jpg (940x3300, 1.27M)

Don't be scared. you have to just put it/yourself out there. surely you can see how self defeating it is to be scared that no one will see or like your work that you don't put your work out there to never be seen or liked!
>I've been sitting on this story for years
you might have to scrap it. I'd say start simple. you can pull themes, story, characters, from it but I'd avoid doing a Tolkienesque grand epic as your first comic. just my opinion tho, ultimately you need to have fun drawing it and making it or you'll burn out.

Attached: 1432305597859.jpg (300x356, 63K)

>What is one defining trait about your protagonist? Antagonist? How do these traits put them at opposing ends?
Tad's defining trait is resourcefulness. I purposefully gave him a weak mecha with no weapons or abilities beyond "combine with bigger mecha." Tad's entire fighting style revolves around thinking in the moment and doing some ass pull.
He is tricky, decisive, and impulsive, despite being a dumpy idiot.
He could be a great hero in his own right, if he wasnt so opposed to any responsibility or leadership. Selfishness and self-preservation are his guiding principles.

As for the main Antagonist, I can't reveal my hand on that yet, since he wont show up for a very long time.
There will be lots of minor antagonists in the meantime, and their relation with Tad is that, they dont have one. Tad is like an invader in the other hero's stories. These villains dont know how to react when a wild card appears.
Alternatively the teams he works for can also be considered antagonists due to the fact that Tad's presence tends to cause trouble for them or vice versa as some teams arent nearly as heroic as they appear.

Tad ruins fucking everything he touches. Everyone else has to pick up the pieces.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/tad-danger-substitute-ranger/the-saurus-squad/viewer?title_no=315332&episode_no=1

Attached: high five!.png (316x300, 95K)

>Richard Williams is dead
Well... There's goes my main influence on becoming an artist.

sometimes It's fun to intentionally spell it dagron, but in this setting i have to imagine they are actually called that. or maybe daggrons

>What do you mean?
The first year feels like a week

copy steve ditko
what's it about? we can name it

So she's gotten her memories back but she's still gleefully eating people? Now that is an interesting story... I love when two people have the same setup but go different ways with it

you should start having ore influences who actually make comics

glad you figured that out. That worked for me once.
I have no idea what's causing your problems. sometimes I see weird visual glitches that are only illusory, and go away once I just close and reopen the program, but the only time I've ever gotten corrupted files is when my computer crashed during saving.

comics aren't my goal

>I'll put a bunch of effort into something no one will see
It's going to happen. Get used to it now and stop worrying. That's what being a good artist is about. and if that's your art, you are a fucking good artist.
>scared because my art's inconsistent and I'm not even that good of an artist right now
so that probably isn't your art then.
>scared that people will just hate it.
at least that means someone saw it. People have shitty taste sometimes. Some people WILL hate it, guaranteed. Do it anyway.
>scared that I'll just crumple up and die without getting to tell a story that I've thought up and am passionate about...
also guaranteed. I've never heard of an artist who died right after finishing his masterpiece and had nothing left to make. Everyone dies wanting to make more. You've just gotta snuggle into this bed you were born into, it's all you get but it gets comfortable once you stop thrashing around and getting tangled up in the blankets.

fashion contest now?

We haven't even finished the recording contest...

Alright pages done. Sorry for spamming them so much, I wanted to share my working process for these ones.

Whether she is actually eating people or not its being left ambiguous for the time being, but she had no issue killing and eating other oni, nor using the murderous oni clan against the capital citizens to further her own revenge plot. She is definitely not going the same path as Rau. As for her motives... I could explain them but eh, let readers interpret I guess.

Yeah honestly saved my mood. This one wasnt illusory, but it seems it was more about the program than the images. I mean the images still had it when saved, but I fixed it with the program.

Attached: 7.png (918x1228, 1.01M)

>What is one defining trait about your protagonist?
A mixture of cowardice and bravery. In that regard I think Rau is very human.

>Antagonist?
Depends on which one of the three main antagonists for the comic we talk about, but the one directly opposed to Rau is probably Douma, who created the Oni Curse. His main trait is S E E T H I N G. Since the story is part about people lashing out on others due to their own suffering, Doumas "fuck everything and everyone how dare the King do this to me" is the ultimate bad end on this morale, with Rau having to pull an opposite move.

Attached: 8.png (918x1227, 1.06M)

aaand the last one.
Read here Ill update these pages soon:

tapas.io/episode/1272284

Attached: 9.png (918x1228, 765K)

>Everyone dies wanting to make more. You've just gotta snuggle into this bed you were born into, it's all you get but it gets comfortable once you stop thrashing around and getting tangled up in the blankets.

That's a really good and interesting way of thinking about it. Your post is very inspiring!

It's also fucking defeatist, so not everyone should listen to me. Only sad people who are stuck either being miserable or getting used to it. Which is a lot of us. I choose staying sad, just out of spite, but I'm still doing art

Working on promo art.

My computer isn't hooked up to the internet so I had to take a pic with my phone.

Also, my ip range has been banned from uploading pics on Yea Forums for whatever reason.

interesting, didn't know IP range bans could be board-specific
you should talk to a mod about that.

stuff

Attached: PUNCH!.png (1920x1080, 792K)

what you said to get banned?

I don't particularly see it as defeatist, and I'm not sad or stuck. I've personally found more happiness in accepting things I can't change, as fighting them is what made me depressed in the first place. I don't think that makes one defeated.

But I do agree otherwise! What you did say is a good thing that could really benefit people who are having trouble going forward with their art.

A couple weeks ago, I created a thread here on Yea Forums and I posted a piece of artwork from my comic: The Hand Bearer.

I get a comment that said, "Nice tracing, fag."

After that, I wasn't able to upload images anymore.

Holy shit I love this art so much.

Yeah. You're absolutely right user, spot on. And yeah it's really my art, here's something I did the other day.
>Everyone dies wanting to make more. You've just gotta snuggle into this bed you were born into, it's all you get but it gets comfortable once you stop thrashing around and getting tangled up in the blankets.
Yeah, you're right.
I've just gotta get past all this cowardice and work up the nerve to tell what I wanna tell while I still can, and hope I can finish it in time. I guess I'm still kind of young so I have time, but I also wish I had more experience.
>you might have to scrap it. I'd say start simple. you can pull themes, story, characters, from it but I'd avoid doing a Tolkienesque grand epic as your first comic. just my opinion tho, ultimately you need to have fun drawing it and making it or you'll burn out.
well, it's not super grand or anything, it's a simple premise, it just might be long. If I could get into the rhythm of creating something I know that I'd really stick to it. I've gotten myself to try to draw something every day for the past 7 years, so I can probably commit to drawing a story.

So a question for those of you that have managed to get started on a comic.
Uhh.
How do you work up the nerve to? How do you just... do it?

Attached: uuuh_idk.png (1000x1000, 635K)

made some progress!

Attached: sidebyside.jpg (1906x1334, 1.03M)

thanks, there's another art for this going-to-be comic but most of those are discarded and it's on paper

Attached: KLuie.png (564x757, 874K)

Not getting on your case but It's kind of annoying when people are THIS good and this worried about their quality. When you judge yourself poorly, you do the same for everyone below you, which includes me and most of the thread. This is absolutely fantastic and amazing art.
>whiting out your name
but I wanna know who you are and be your friend..

>So a question for those of you that have managed to get started on a comic.
Uhh.
How do you work up the nerve to? How do you just... do it?

You just... do it. I mean, I hate to say, "just go for it", but really, go for it. The more you think the more bogged down you get. You say you've got your idea already, so write out that first chapter and start.

That's what I did with my comic. I could have spent forever mulling over on when the right time to start was, but I realized there's never going to be a "right time". There's always something you think can hold it back, be it your skill level, story details, etc. But like you, I had a story I wanted to tell, and I don't have forever to tell them. I figured I just had to do it, and I'm really happy I did.

New page last night! what do you guys think?

solid starts. this looks like dragon ball though, I would encourage you to try to develop your style into something less derivative

ah man that is such a huge bummer! even artists need revision control

Attached: ch2_pg10.jpg (1050x1268, 762K)

looks to me like It's already strongly distinct from dragon ball, and in a lot of ways an improvement.

>How do you work up the nerve to? How do you just... do it?
it feels like the inside of my head is on fire, and making things like comics and music is a really good way to retard the heat. if I don't, then I get physically sick with migraines, fatigue and nausea

you'll know it when you find the comics, eventually.

i get that a lot, I am trying to improve upon everything at once or atleast a little effort. so my style will probably shift as I draw.

Attached: why so serious bro.png (800x600, 118K)

ahh I feel like we're friends already

im just shameless and i like to tell stories.
ive written short stories all my life but i couldnt deliver the kind pf story i wanted because it wasnt a visual medium. so ive been trying to learn how to draw.
i just really wanted to make people laugh. if i can do that much, then ive succeeded.
compared to my pedantic scribblings, you have no excuse to hesitate. your art is great, let your guard down, let yourself get some abuse, learn from criticism, and allow yourself to improve.

i used to get it a lot too, I was a really bad akira toriyama clone because I learned how to draw by copying DBZ when I was a kid. even in my page I have a panel that copies dbz! hahaha! so I've STILL got work to do, I've just gotten better at hiding it

Attached: 800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg (800x445, 34K)

>How do you work up the nerve to?
for me it's something I do for fun. I have a story to tell and I'm enjoing doing it. What I said earlier I really like your art (especially the retro way you draw hair) but it seems your attitude... needs some work. I think it would be best if you just hang around here to think some things out.
And remember. Unless someone pays you to draw there are no liabilities. You can stop whenever you want.

Attached: 3okładka.png (708x1000, 1.42M)

I have laughed with your comic for sure. The art needs work I think but the humor is really my stuff.

Attached: i dont see race.png (937x333, 40K)

I just chuckled so hard my neck hurts. Actually something might be wrong with me, I'll get it checked out later.

don't worry broh, we've been there before

oh no

Attached: ngmi.png (800x800, 289K)

what are some good comic book fonts

I use anime ace for onomatopoeia and comic book for dialogue. you can find those on da font

how do you download fonts into csp

nvm

Alright, I said I would do it, so here it is. My voice recording. I was so embarrassed I couldn't even bring myself to re-record it and attempt make it better, haha. I did it in video format.

youtu.be/pPuJUQtsqDY

I chose a scene from my Space Pack comic since I didn't feel like I could voice any of the Oni x Fox pages I wanted due to all the male characters.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 1.50.12 PM.png (440x413, 54K)

Are you underage?

I'm 26....

Incredible work there! Lost my shit at the self loathing joke.

Cute.

>3 hours and 6 minutes
Fucking hell.

Very, very briefly- videogame playthroughs retold like Nuzlocke challenges, linked together through a character who is both a self insert character and distinctly a videogame hero. Insane because those personalities absolutely do not mix. Assume much, much better than that summary implies.

The meta story(I've been awake too long, I hope I'm using that term right) would hopefully be well explored or novelg compared to others- both an aware videogame hero and a self insert are storybreaking powerful in completely different ways. I have no idea where I'd work this in but one idea I really liked is that at some point they would end up talking to a true AI and dismiss something it says, claiming that because they're both fictional they can only be as smart as whoever is writing them, and any impressive tricks it can pull to prove otherwise is only as impressive as a human reading a Wikipedia article off their phone. After a page of the AI reading his mind by reading his micro expressions, pointing out that he can't panic reload without risking abandoning the universe (multiverse theory is utterly antithetical to good storytelling but that doesn't mean that the setting might not have it), the AI intuits out the meta setting. Ultimate end result being that it gets nanomachines into his bloodstream somewhere, with a copy of the AI, and now there's a godlike AI loose in the universe. One that just got explained that a godlike AI only gets beaten by underestimating the hero.

90% of the fiction I read and would feature in the story is fantasy- purpose of that big textblock about a random AI to explain that no I'm treating this super srs, no really.
I can think of usernames great but I'm terrible with story names- best I could think of were "this is not the true ending" (stolen from Suptg and not very deep) and "Cottonstar" (which is meaningless but sounds nice).

But fuck this, whatever, I'm going to bed.

Attached: 1377327876172.jpg (1575x704, 766K)

I'm learning how to draw for 3 month now. Made a lot of progress, but still not fully satisfied with my drawings and art style. I gave myself a challenge to draw a page before i fully ready and i'm happy i actually finished it. No shading yet, though.

Attached: page 1.png (1000x2000, 662K)

Ahaha thanks! I'm happy you liked the joke!

Thank you!

the lines for your panels are just about as thick as some of the lines in the drawing, so separating the middle panels visually is difficult for the reader. I would try adding a little bit of gutter space between your vertically separated panels and vary your line thickness to make it read better

Based armpit hair

Into the list of HYW characters that dont shave.

Yes, this is one of many problems i have. All my lines are same size and pressure and colour. That makes everything artificial, for lack of a better term.

Everything about it looks pretty sterile and artificial. Line weight would help a lot for sure, but there's a lot of flat, straight-on shots, especially the last two panels, and its clear you're just tracing over a render or something.

There's no personality to it at all.

>There's no personality to it at all.
lol, what does this even mean?

>and its clear you're just tracing over a render or something.
Lol what? That's pretty strange assumption.

>lol, what does this even mean?

Life is not perfect lines and straight angles like this. Locations can have just as much personality and character as the characters themselves. There's nothing to indicate that this is really a real lived-in world that exists beyond the boarders of the comic. Everything is flat and uninteresting.

It looks pretty clear that its drawn over something, be it a reference photo, or a 3D render because of how uninteresting. It looks good from a technical standpoint, but it looks like what you'd get if you told an AI or an Alien to draw an apartment. Very bland, and almost uncanny.

Those are just boxes in perspective. But i agree. I fucking autistic when it comes to lines. I don't know what to do.

>Coming up with characters
>Add little details
>Release that if I ever get an audience radlibs are going to ask me what characters are not straight or complain that I do not have enough minorities

Attached: DkCK3WRWwAEwF3T.jpg (1333x1472, 237K)

Great acting! Your voice is adorable even if everyone sounded the same except the old man who sounded hilarious.
motion comics are awesome, I wish I had been making them for ages.

this comic is like nofna in the sense that i dont know what the literal fuck is ever going on
but i cant stop reading it

Mine don't but they also don't even have like, nostrils so I never made it visible. I probably should.
it's cozy. you'll keep improving, I know it.

I think it's okay paying a lot of attention to nice neat lines, not everything has to be lumpy and organic.. but on the other hand, you should try it out, it can be really freeing

Good? you don't want those to like you.

Don't wanna ideafag but... Protag = confused zealot. Deuteragonist = jaded good guy. They have completely opposite worldviews which often put them at odds, even though mutual necessity forces them to play nice.
I swear to fucking GOD I'm gonna draw this fucking thing so I don't have to feel bad about talking about shit that's yet to be actually realized. Got the script done so all I'm waiting for now is for summer to end, getting back home where my tools are, finishing my exams and GO. Here's one good thing about having finally gotten bored with videogames

Don't be a pussy user, do it for yourself and not for them. With that I mean that unless you actually go ahead and do it you'll always have that nagging thought in the back of your head telling you every day "hey user why aren't you just pulling a Shia already and stop making excuses to procrastrinate". It can become an oppressive thought, and the more you postpone it the more you'll feel like a cowardly piece of shit, it'll only get worse. So hit the iron while it's hot and go! Free yourself! Your webcomic is a test to see whether you're a pussy or someone who can actually get things done!
I have the exact same fears but shh don't tell anyone

Made me exhale air from my nose. Thank you Swordguy

You draw decently but it looks way too much like Dragonball and it's not just about the style but the way they dress too. Making your own style takes time so I won't suggest you to "make your style more unique" (it may even be what you're actually going for, to have it be similar to DB), but at the very least I highly recommend changing their clothing and hairstyle to avoid it looking like a full-on DB clone, unless that's your intention all along

Attached: UTARC.jpg (900x633, 66K)

The clothes don't look very dragonballish to me. And I love Toriyama's clothes

>radlibs are going to ask me what characters are not straight or complain that I do not have enough minorities
Libtards are blown out of proportion all the time like they're the end of our civilization when in reality they're just a vocal minority of scared sore little losers. They won't bother you and even if they will, what, are you gonna let those imbecilles stop you from doing what you want? Come on don't be a bitch

I do not want to pander to them, my issue is how to deal with them.
Telling them to fuck off in the most plain manner will only gather negative attention.

ignore them. they love attention, they think they run everything, it triggers them to see they don't. that's all you need to do.
after all, in a very real way, they don't exist. Most of how they define themselves involves fictional states of being. and the only correct viewpoints have no place for them.

>my issue is how to deal with them.
>Telling them to fuck off in the most plain manner will only gather negative attention.
Do how I would do: do not even aknowledge their existence. If they say something nasty don't even block them, that's the ultimate insult. If your hand is forced and you must reply, do so while trying to be polite, a professional type of politeness not the doormat type, you dig? Don't fall into the "emotional response shitfest" trap even though you seem wise enough to not fall for that crap. Anyway these are all hypotheticals I'm assuming (did any of this actually happen to you? Doesn't sound like it) so don't worry about that useless shit and think about making your comic instead

>If I ever get an audience

This is far and away more of a concern.

>did any of this actually happen to you? Doesn't sound like it
I mean it's happened to all of us in one way or another. All of our lives have been ruined by their cooperation (aka fascism).
But every bit of power they hold has been given to them by someone. Just gotta stop givin it to them, in the form of attention or a cause or whatever.

fascinating
My current radlib friends are what triggered this concern, one thing is to not tell them about my comic but when other people finds about it then I'm in trouble.

Exactly! If anyone's gonna shit on your comic it's gonna be because they're mad you even got one at all and they don't, because if they were happy with themselves they wouldn't be bothering you

yes yes, we all have those for friends. usually exclusively.
The best thing to do is create good art that lets people realize they're wrong.

left or right?

Attached: bonnie colors test_small.png (1000x677, 299K)

Or you just cut all those toxic people out of your life, they are just a distraction that hinders progress on your comic.

You can't just cut people like that out of your life.

she need this in white

Attached: arrrgg.jpg (235x309, 14K)

Pic related is my go to answer for that question
Since Gurk is based off an angler fish, like the real animal, he is a chimeric female covered in testicles.
So yeah this fat radioactive fish monster is my lgbt rep.

Attached: Happy Gurk.png (664x331, 120K)

Wouldn't that cover up the wood leg

Thank you so much!! That is really nice of you to say, I appreciate it! I'm admittedly kinda happy I with how the old man voice came out, haha! This was my first time making a little motion comic, and it was pretty fun!

There's nobody else to be friends with. nobody else enjoys entertainment media.

thank you ardi. you have no idea how much that means to me.

This is what I thought too for a long time but eventually you will realize it's necessary to be harsh when someone persists in his/her corrupt behavior.

I think one should write what they want, the rest is not important. I have some non-straight characters in my comic but honestly it ends up being mostly irrelevant since its not really present.

Just focus on whoever is your ideal public and then try to expand.

...although this is the advice of someone with not too many readers so you might as well ignore it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-17 A Story Of Fire Tapas(9).png (242x330, 125K)

hell yeah dude! happy to hear it!
here's a new page. I'm so excited now that I'm finally getting to the meat and potatoes

Attached: ch2_pg11.jpg (1050x1373, 677K)

maybe green hat white shoe?

only if you have some influence over them
any parent will tell you, once they begin adolescence and thus adulthood, you can't control them anymore without using so much force that anyone with any healthy amount of willpower just rebels automatically.

>Wouldn't that cover up the wood leg
oh thats true!
maybe something more pointy?

Attached: zuec.jpg (259x194, 8K)

like this?

Attached: bonnie colors test 2_opt.png (800x542, 220K)

Yeah! The curl lines aren't working for me since they just make her head look like a weird doll head, but colorwise this works

>look like a weird doll head
Not sure what you mean by this, but the curls are the only way to make it look frizzy, right?

Attached: 790eb2e334447575860c5cba5d86928b.jpg (640x960, 76K)

yeah but you've made them just single lines with the visible bare head behind them

Finished this page!

Attached: PAGE 9.png (2250x3300, 2.94M)

this any better?

Attached: bonnie colors test 3_opt.png (600x636, 153K)

Oh double standards.

Totally. That works better.

New page.

Attached: 1566087779067_08.jpg (1323x2074, 1.35M)

Not comic related, but a hentai game that has my art in it (in the minigame within the game) has finally dropped, so if you like dating sims with big titty fish girls and (like me) wish you could play videogames with them, I did the art in that game.
newgrounds.com/portal/view/736822
cyberscherzoff.itch.io/lbb-a-playful-proposition

this art is two years olllllld

Attached: dragonfightermed.png (500x803, 22K)

minorities are whatever, if anything thats the easy part because all you have to do is literally not caricature them
i dont read comics and drop them because its only all white people, who cares
im a minority lol

but on the opposite side, lgbt simply dont exist in my comic
i dont give any shit about adding one

For hentai games!

You are sensible, pigmented user.

I told you i'd do it!
Here is the first one.
vocaroo.com/i/s1SLx76IhAmJ

Attached: 1566017996036.png (2692x2808, 377K)

And the second.
No idea how to pronounce Vryk. Did it like 10 different ways until it sounded passable.
vocaroo.com/i/s0tGWwB1pXWq

Attached: 1566018704696.png (810x1268, 578K)

>Local scammer starts a sex cult in the 90s, she gains enough followers for her to live comfortably, until rumors about her true nature surface years later.
>Her followers are slowly losing interest and she needs a new gimmick so she doesnt end up homeless.
>She meets a young man, named, Bean and convinces him to be the center of her cult, deeming him a god who`ll help them all survive the rapture.

This sound good? It`ll also have full sex scenes too, it think this would only be the A plot.

Attached: Illustration.png (2000x1999, 701K)

Yeah I'd read it.

Welp this whole post caters to everything I am into.
Godspeed you magnificent bastard.

Attached: Greg decides to finish the job.png (592x541, 351K)

oh my crotch, he's so bitchy. That's perfect. I think that's going to be my head voice for him from now on. And the others were super amusing. I'm fucking saving this.
and if I ever get to talk to the friend Ryou's based on again, I'm definitely showing him this. Christ I haven't seen him in like 12 years.

you, uh, got any other works that you do?

i'm still trying to incorporate the whole toriyama artstyle, call me a hack but something about toriyama design makes it click to me and yea you're right about changing the outfit and hair. The boy is still in designing process, he'll be different than the one in the sketch but i'm not keen on changing the girl AGAIN because she had been in design process longer than it should be but maybe i'll take into consideration to change her.

Attached: sketch.png (1920x1080, 869K)

i dont know... the christians are good people
maybe a jewish cult? like badkabbala? its more credible!

Comics? No, This will be my first comic, art wise I have a bit on my twitter, not a lot.
twitter.com/1uckyjunk

Ooh I like this too. You're just a good artist overall. and I love this girl.
what do you call swords where the blade is as wide as the crosshilt anyway? I see that sometimes and it's so oddly nostalgic.

ha, im Christian and know more about Christian based cults, I thought it didnt matter since in the end its a whole new religion?
This is really good! What you do you use for art?
Im glad it interests you, Im way into cults and drawing naked people so why not combine them both! I think i posted some of my ideas on here before I settle on this concept.

it's the latin sword used by the roman. gladius

Attached: china.png (800x800, 330K)

you're filling the void left behind by the guy that did the comic Cult Control. I miss that guy.
ah nice.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

cool. Not really a big twitter person myself. I usually just use it to announce when I post my stories online.

Love erotica and smut works. I do short stories and chapters, myself. just followed you.

These are fantastic! Nice work!

Honestly I feel both this and the opposite of this. I feel like people will drop my comic look too generic (non of my characters are human). I also feel like people will drop it because I drew characters with dark skin and have them as main characters (again human races don't matter because non of my characters are fully human).

don't listen to this guy they are both terrible but yellow hat white shoe is the best one.

Sounds like you need to do more thinking and less feeling.

Why do you think the yellow hat is better?

yellow hats > green hats

as hat colors go though, they're pretty poor.

bump

>What is one defining trait about your protagonist? Antagonist? How do these traits put them at opposing ends?

I don't have a single protagonist in Oni x Fox, but in Space Pack, the protagonist and antagonist share similar traits and a common struggle, but rather than putting them at opposing ends, it draws the two together. I don't want to give too much away, but it leads to the protagonist making some questionable actions.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 12.57.51 AM.png (471x637, 199K)

Ah, the poisonous friendship.

Yep, that just about sums it up!

Attached: 1563921926453.gif (316x306, 1.05M)

one defining trait about my protagonist is that he is apathetic towards his life and existence, in part because he tries to interpret the world through a strictly objective viewpoint. But he does so in a way that negates all value hierarchies because he can't muster an objective value hierarchy that is congruent across all operational domains. this trait is really what drives the plot because he is on a search for meaning, but the only thing he can do is dismantle everything he experiences, and so concludes that there is no meaning to his experience. He's then beset by the antagonist who, oddly enough, is trying to save him from self destructing.

You know, I should spend more time thinking about this stuff instead of just wingin' it. but there is something that developed over time.
Mizu's whole thing from the start is her life's slipping away from her without getting anything done, and when she gets an evil twin, all SHE wants to do is steal that life. That was hella unintentional though.

i like that idea, because that's like the recognition and jealousy of the shadow by the consciousness

>jealous shadows
fuck me, that's conceptually excellent. I wish I could think of stuff like that. Or Tulip's jealous reflection resenting being dragged along everywhere, that's almost the inverse. hating that life but being stuck with someone who hates it more and is making it bad as a result. She got a good ending.
though really it mostly makes me think of that story someone posted someplace about their preschooler saying their biggest fear was black people, and it turned out they meant shadows

:D

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 6.29.04 PM.png (386x393, 194K)

bump

Wagie wagie get in cagey.

you should improve your weeb game, kanji makes everything cooler

Attached: weeb level up.jpg (435x102, 9K)

Have a Stardust-themed bump!

Bump with a question:

With which character of your webcomic you relate the most? Pic unrelated.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-17 A Story Of Fire Tapas(5).png (277x274, 112K)

Best question would actually be which character from OTHER comics you relate to the most?

People who already got started: do you know how your webcomic is going to end or do you just have the beginning and middle planned.
I heard some people have the beginning and end figured out and keep the middle open.

Attached: NewCanvas1.png (1364x1311, 281K)

Tapas: tapas.io/series/PREDATHEOSIS
Tumblr: predatheosis.tumblr.com/
Webtoons: webtoons.com/en/challenge/predatheosis/list?title_no=227480
Newgrounds: newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1434168/1
Russian translation by Prov22 : newgrounds.com/art/view/prov22/predatheosis-1-russian-translation

Attached: p042.png (600x800, 117K)

Attached: p043.png (600x800, 162K)

Love his face on the third to last panel
>not this shit again

Attached: speeddating5.png (1046x421, 39K)

that doesn't mean he cooks

i have the entire thing scripted from beginning to end. i know exactly how it plays out.
however my scripts are loose so i can change things if necessary.

I posted my first ever webcomic chapter today! Very exciting.
webtoons.com/en/challenge/gather-ye-power/list?title_no=327553
tapas.io/series/Gather-Ye-Power

Attached: cover.png (800x1280, 1.37M)

Attached: 1532895605053.png (780x958, 125K)

For me is Wilt: smart, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.

Duuude!!! Fuckin good job!

Nice, do you have someone to read your scripts and give you feedback? I'll be interested reading others scripts if needed.

Your artwork is absolutely stupendous.

I have idea for the first 4 chapters, couple in the middle, ending and general character progression. Too bad my art is lacking, for now.
That's pretty good.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated.

Don't have a boyfriend yet?

where you gonna buy precooked microwaveable human?

just like the talisman! I think. I forget.

>People sucking the dick of this literal who's weebshit.
What the fuck?

It should be in the form of a pizza. You're slipping dude.

Liking something isnt sucking dick desu

Yeah it is. Develop some taste dumbass.

It's the final page of issue 1 of The Power of Stardust! Check it out!

Also, I want to try to make these issues as much like comic books as possible--that means ads and a letters page called Power of Words.

I want about 10 page of ads. Anyone feel like contributing? Free add space for your comic!

How about you Admiral? Do you have an add I can put in Power of Stardust issue 1?

Attached: 24-page (1).png (810x1268, 523K)

Forgot link!
tapas.io/series/The-Power-of-Stardust

lucky quads wasted on replying to the absolute weakest bait I've seen in ages.
user, I need you to stop and rethink how you post.

SNIP SNAP

Post your work crab.

Yeah, nice suggestion. I was going to make a cover in digital for whole series rather than a lone part so I may just do that.

wow, looks nice!
How did you get wrapped up in this project?

>that comic
>weebshit

So, your logic is
>doesn't look like kiddies cartoon shit = weeb

Are you a fucking retard?

Except it DOES look like kiddie cartoon shit dumbass. It looks like something a 12 year old would draw and watch on Toonami.

Does my story need a "big bad?" As it stands I was planning more for something that feels episodic, borderline slice-of-life, where the world and setting and characters are recurring but there's no singular antagonist. Could it work?

Villain of the week is my preferred style, and its how my comic is going to roll until the midway point.
Even then it will continue to be villain of the week with some background badness from the main baddy.

A great example for you to look at, plot wise, is Megas XLR, wherein there was no main bad guy whatsoever, yet the finale was still pretty satisfying because the villain of the week was alternate Coop.
So should you choose to end it, you just have to make you last one off, one hell of a one off.

Gee, you sound like a barrel of fun.

another brand new Impish! Zo finally getting some screen time again

tapas.io/episode/1494449

Attached: impish cover.png (900x900, 252K)

COPE

Based heel.

stop replying to retards.
reply to me for god's sake, I posted something of actual interest. Got ignored as usual.

You aren't interesting.

that's what I did. I did go back and say one villain was responsible for a lot of it, but not everything.

Shut up Otto.

Wheres your post

Attached: you dont know me.png (500x797, 188K)

Attached: Twin Genie P11 digital_small.png (1000x537, 274K)

I did a small two page update this week.
Nothing special, but I am setting up a B plot for this arc.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/tad-danger-substitute-ranger/sky-high/viewer?title_no=315332&episode_no=2

Attached: Tad danger chapter 2 page 7.png (664x940, 390K)

What's better in tapas? Publish chapters in parts or edit the old chapters?

Parts. I made the error of updating old chapters for most of my first chapter, and it does NOT get you pushed to the front of the "Recently Updated" section. New chapters gets you visibility, NOT editing pre-existing chapters.

Finished issue 8, the story feels pretty good on paper than it was within my head.

Attached: 20190808_173359.jpg (4032x3024, 3.51M)

>it's the lineart stage

Attached: 1553380293247.jpg (709x765, 39K)

>it's the redraw for the nth time stage because you can't get over how dogshit your art

Attached: 1549190346790.jpg (250x249, 7K)

>it's the redraw stage because you fucked up the layers again

Let's come up with horror move titles targeted toward """artists""" like ourselves. I'll start.
>Drawing the Other Eye

>Draw

Attached: 1553888090281.jpg (520x678, 15K)

I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out the ending of my story. I don't have a full thesis. Just wanted to draw cool shit.

is that a boku no hero academia reference? neat

What's a good excuse for a group of characters to meet? My protagonists are like a magical girl team but I have no idea how to bring them together.

no idea what your comic is about, but i feel you should end it with a battle of of the bands... on mars.

magical girl teams are brought together by destiny
most people meet up in a tavern or maybe if theyre all heroes, some big visible disaster happens and they all show up to pitch in at once. That works in real life too. All kinds of fucks came out of the woodwork on 9/11

Attached: EXCELLENT.jpg (192x262, 9K)

>but i feel you should end it with a battle of of the bands... on mars.
Yeah, but what should be the pathos of that battle of bands on mars?
The struggle!!

Attached: orange kira.jpg (494x372, 101K)

I think I want them to be college students but I also can't really relate to that because I dropped out. I'm not really interested in writing them at college.

They join a school club
They are lesbians and met in a bar
They all start working individually against single monster and realize they're fighting the same enemy so they join forces
They go to the same pastry shop

>They all start working individually against single monster and realize they're fighting the same enemy so they join forces
Their powers work in the same way so I figured they'd all get them at the same time.

Okay, howbout they meet up at college, then immediately all drop out together because magical grrl life
or they more specifically meet up in the high school guidance counselor's office asking if they really should even go to college

>the struggle
to breath... to thrive... to rock!

Finished this cover!

Attached: cover.png (2250x3300, 1.3M)

they fuck the same dude, like in reality

Sketching another page. I feel like my story is very dark in these chapters but alright, wont change the script too much.

They have an enemy in common. Or are recluted by the same entity. Or go to classes together.

Attached: 10.jpg (1020x1364, 240K)

>ALPHA, GET ME FIVE TEENAGERS WITH ATTITUDE
>ay yai yai, Zordon, we're in a different genre!
>FINE. FIVE TEENAGE GIRLS WITH LONG LEGS

it's always been my fucking dream to make comics, ever since I was a kid. I have zero artistic ability when it comes to drawing though. Can you sharpen that ability if you have no natural talent? I have all these stories floating in my head, and one in particular that I believe is super original and in danger of eventually being thought of.

of course you can. it's just harder and less fun than if you had talent.
it's like saying can I work in LA if I was born in Iowa. yeah but.. you won't be shocked when most people don't.

No, that won't work.

Yeah basically
Except the powers my characters get are retarded
They need to sacrifice some of their intelligence to use them
So coming up with a reason for them to even have those powers is difficult

>No, that won't work.
you say that but now I want a bunch of girls that get magical powers from fucking the same guy, who in reality is the cute mascot character
Shit, Yea Forums. I feel the lightbulb above my head

Attached: 1477971119394.png (500x380, 280K)

Nobody here has any drawing talent, so why not?

That wasn't my intention. What did you think was a reference?

Attached: vTyKlpR.png (268x198, 55K)

>They need to fuck the villains while the mascot has to watch to channel the power

Face is very Deku-like, but also Gather ye Power as in how One For All works, as well as the OFA predecesors' hands during Deku's vision while he was paralized during the tournament arc.

Just kidding, that was an obvious DIO reference you effing weeb

Gross, no dude. Get that cuck shit outta here.
They obviously have to beat the villains by firing lasers from their vaginas

science lab maybe? what is the origin here, it sounds like you have a story in mind already

Let's circlejerk some more!

I love your hair today! Did you lose weight?

Still at page 15 of just the planning face after one and a half month. Christ.

Attached: gosh1.png (537x796, 387K)

Well I'm glad you got a new idea. It sounds like it could be fun. Good luck.

I haven't figured out the origin yet. I want it to be something space related, specifically like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Green Lantern. Or even like Shazam/Captain Marvel where there's a powerful being that fractures her powers between a group of human girls as her last dying act.

ah that's good for magical girl stuff. a straight-up goddess dies and gives out her power to five girls whose souls just match, like when the triforce splits
maybe they DONT meet up until after that happens, but they go on craigslist like 'did this happen to anyone else yesterday?' and they meet up that way. maybe just four at first, then the last one who was clueless and didn't think to do that.
or if they have animal companions (which is a legit god-power thing), they can sniff each other out

>me in charge of drawing vehicles
fuck

Attached: idmawip.png (642x887, 201K)

looks alright
the pros trace for machines

is this some elaborate avant garde experiment
like what is the joke here
hell what is even going on in this scenario, it doenst make any sense on what either character is doing

Ever drawn porn of your own comic?

yeah
posted it on /aco/ even
got pretty much ignored

can someone please post the pixar infographic? my harddrive bricked and I need to save it for inspiration.

No, but I traced this for a joke.
I want to git gud at drawing lewds but im bad at bringing myself to actually lewd my characters. Maybe nudes at best.

Attached: cx c.png (694x253, 74K)

christ I haven't seen that in ages. It was pretty good even if it was kinda overly specific.

On the other hand, I think I simply dont actually WANT to lewd them. I appreciate the interest if others do it but I dont feel like it coming from me for now.

CASUAL nudes. the best nudes.
it is fantasy japan

czech'd
I found it.

Attached: Pixar-22-Rules-of-Story.jpg (612x792, 174K)

this one was for you sorry

its fantasy mostlyjapan, but yeah

when i'm decently popular and established i'm going to commission a lot of porn artists to make porn of my characters so i can continue to grow, but at a faster rate

I was trying to think of the right word there, yeah.

publish in parts so you can get pushed to recently updated and get potential views

sad that you can't merge parts and keep the views later
i hate the clutter but love the number

Yes.

I wish I could just make it like The Crystal Gems or something, I really can't figure it out

>make it like the crystal gems
so they're war criminal refugees? That's a way to meet, I guess, but I think when all the nazis escaped to south america, they spread out a little.

No, more like just how The Crystal Gems are set up and operate. I just want them to be regular human girls, in school... I guess. School is so boring. I rather it be a situation like Misfits were they're doing probation work or something and thats how they meet. Or even Shazam. I can't believe its this hard to come up with something.

Probation sounds great. Or the five of them are all friends with a sixth girl who's in the hospital or just got out so they're all pitching in helping her with her broken limbs or whatever. I don't understand how the gems factor in at all, they just sorta live in a house. that's not a method to meet up.
I feel like between us we have mentioned several great ideas by now, but if you don't like any of them, ask yourself why. Then you'll have the framework to figure out what will work.

What the fuck is this supposed to mean?.

>entire post was full of 'i feel'
>no thought involved in any of it
>even a moment's thought would identify those feelings as invalid and baseless.

>I don't understand how the gems factor in at all, they just sorta live in a house. that's not a method to meet up.
With characters like The Gems, or TMNT, or Panty and Stocking they're just on standby. That's kind of what I want but a bunch of young women would either probably be in school or have jobs.

Oh I see what you're saying, you want your characters to hang out in their own home base, rather than having individual lives. That'd be a fresh take on magical girl shit, I like it.

Honestly you probably COULD take a page from the detested universe of steven, and if you go with the goddess splitting up Abin Sur Shazam whatever idea, they could collectively inherit her palace.. and maybe they all just live there while learning their new powers and the mysteries it holds, instead of college.. since they can live there for free. and they just become freeloaders and kinda NEETs in a good way. I'd read that.

Cardinal Junction update! Isabelle strikes back!

tapas.io/episode/1494754
webtoons.com/en/challenge/cardinal-junction/converging-paths-pages-14-15/viewer?title_no=196040&episode_no=19
cardinaljunction.smackjeeves.com/

Attached: 70.png (1291x2000, 2.44M)

Attached: 71.png (1291x2000, 2.51M)

I'm not sure if I relate to him the most, but Izuru always comes to my mind first.

I'd be interested in contributing!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 8.49.30 PM.png (279x376, 170K)

it means you have a vagina

i'd love to put an ad in. give me some time to draw it up.

Jeez user you don't have to tell it like it is.

What if webcomics came with a side of guacamole

The world would be a better place.

Attached: 836c8a56-4546-45d5-890d-88a6fa7ab173.jpg (680x453, 46K)

at this time I prefer warm milk
new page! with /biz/ bants (?)
in the next nudes

Attached: 011 ok tapas.png (940x1331, 686K)

user don't post things like that that make me hope for what can never be

where did I see "you measure from the anus, right?" the other day

>penis stock market
im fucking dying man.

docs.google.com/document/d/1fx5nZTPHod1FpxxOhJ1Z1AgCfzdTtMN_R79j4A-HnhQ/edit?usp=sharing
Nothing happens and this all reads like off-anime

Drafts of the answers to the QnA opportunity I offered. Close to 100 subs on Tapas, plus a couple dozen on other platforms, and only three questions asked, two of them by the same person. Humble beginnings indeed! But at least I can justify going all out on each question.

The art is not final--simply placeholder.

Attached: First QnA Answer 1.png (940x1715, 2.84M)

I may be vomiting up too much information on this page, but it was a two part question, in my defense.

Attached: First QnA Answer 2.png (940x1715, 3.22M)

What positive and negative personality traits you can give to a robot?

Attached: think.png (225x225, 4K)

Ooh I'll be interested in seeing those other races.

They have no emotions but still like people, try to work back a personality based on that

>Close to 100 subs on Tapas, plus a couple dozen on other platforms, and only three questions asked,
Yeah there's something fucked with /hyw/'s espirit de corps, that could have been managed easily here but for some reasons there's no conversations and stuff gets lost in the flow.

a bit of rework

Attached: Kluie and saite.png (1000x1000, 265K)

Crazyland comics features many other comics not related to PIZZA!

Attached: B4APCOMICS.png (1200x1950, 2.66M)

Admiral pizza in his second crossover with "Brutas the badass" Brutas always complains about Pineapple on Pizza-But The Admiral shows him long ago-people ate something much much worse...!

Attached: APXBRUTAS.jpg (800x1209, 735K)

I made that for fun-It had me thinking! What if people wanted to be on a cover of Admiral pizza? If you pay me, ill draw you or your Character in a team up cover with ADMIRAL PIZZA! Please fill, check, in full. Cut and mail to the posted email.

Attached: COMISSIONS!.jpg (1500x1800, 449K)

>but for some reasons there's no conversations and stuff gets lost in the flow.
IT'S HABBENING AGAIN

By the way, legit, don't just advertise here- we only have like 80 people. There's no one to pitch to.

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE, are you telling me your a nobody?!

>Admiral Cringe

Why do you have it in for him, by the way?

I'm going to go out on a limb here-Probably hates pizza.

Targic.

Just a reminder that lemmy kilmister, who reportedly fucked over a thousand women, had a 13cm long penis, which is below average. In his words: "it's not about how big it is, it's about learning to have stamina and move from sides to sides"

>Keep in mund what’s interesting to you as an audience, not what’s fun to do as a writter

Why? Not like I can turn this into as job and even if I could I would make more elsewhere.

Basically that's how you end up on the bad webcomics wiki

Attached: 1554043510273.png (477x640, 237K)

>bad webcomics wiki
why would you ever care about the opinions of kiwifarms-lite

I just realized that there is no comic character that ever made me go OH THATS SO ME.

Broken clocks
Why was that what you took away from that post?

Attached: 1564349434110.jpg (224x224, 22K)

>Basically that's how you end up on the bad webcomics wiki

Why should I care? Besides, doing what I like instead tried and true bullshit has a chance of striking gold by accident. Given that it is quite literally impossible to turn webcomic into a decent job unless you strike that gold, I guess just making what you would enjoy making is the best course of action, besides not wasting your time on a webcomic.

Broken clocks
But I reiterate, why was that what you took away from that post?
>why should I not write trash?
>because you end up with trash

>Besides, doing what I like instead tried and true bullshit has a chance of striking gold by accident
We're coming at this argument from very different places

Attached: Untitled.png (1236x314, 79K)

hey

niggers

I didn't really expect to get any views/questions from a Yea Forums thread, truth be told. I would have thought I could dredge up at least five with the number of subs I have on actual platforms. Then again, it's certainly possible that the ratio of actively engaged readers to total readership is more dramatically skewed than I anticipated.

Shut up Otto.

Thats something I wonder a lot too. How many of my subscribers are actually reading the story. My estimate is 5-7 out of 46.

Could well be that there's just not a lot of questions to ask. The only two I got are
>What was that group of people in masks? A holiday procession? Conscripted army?
and
>the chalice was discovered?
Which feels like its going to be explained in the story.

But what I was getting at was that a good question can get around five answers in this general- sometimes. But for some reason that doesn't usually happen. No one's talking.

>t.Hugo

At this point I just want to give up on storytelling and just draw porn of my OC with her boyfriend (my self-insert)

Oh, relaaax-you haven't even started!

I actually need to redesign some of them, but here are my first iterations... from last year, so they are not up to snuff in terms of quality. I'll be refining them deeper into the hiatus.

Attached: Beast Races.png (940x671, 333K)

You did terrible job, i don't want to fuck any of those animals.

i want to fuck 30% of these vermins, good job!

No you dont understand, what are you doing?
It should be:

>Female tundra gnolls
10/10 human-looking girl with huge tits and sharp fangs

>Benthician
Cute human-looking girl with antennas and a mermaid tail

>Sylph
This one is okay.

>Kobold (female)
Cute human-looking girl with blue hair and fins.

>Cabkhu (female)
Cute human-looking girl with cat ears.

>Daedelite (female)
Cute human-looking girl with some feathers there and there.

The males are all okay though, keep it up.

Thought I'd share this drawing from last night! Ominous sunset....

I wonder this as well. I tend to refer to the average number of page views each update on my comic receives to try and get an idea of how many active readers there are.

Attached: Blake_SunsetCrop_Spacepack.jpg (799x539, 358K)

How is he not huggling her?

That comic was actually funny

why would you subscribe without reading?

oh I remember these now. Most of the females have more masculine traits

Oh dang, something's happening

I think many authors just subscribe in hopes you will subscribe back to their comics too. Until I see the person posting a comment directly related with what I updated (and not just a "Cool comic!"), I prefer not to believe they are reading me.

Im a pessimist though, gotta say.

This looks fantastic, such an eerie feeling.

Trouble is definitely on the way!

Thanks so much, Ardi! Happy to hear the feeling comes across!

As far as readership goes, I think a vast majority of people will not directly interact with comics that they read. By that I mean, they won't like, comment, or even subscribe in some cases. This goes for videos, too. In fact, I got a video up I just watched, and the views exceed one million but there's only 7,000 comments. That means there are probably a lot of people like me, who watched and enjoyed it, but didn't leave a like or comment. That said, I try not to take commenting as a way to gauge how many people are reading. Well, at least not as the only way.

note to self, comment on your shit more

>What positive and negative personality traits can you can give to a robot?
Somewhat unrelated question-when does Questionable Content hit its current level of unquality? I feel like I do my best thinking when reading something I wish was good.

Attached: P0049-600x900.jpg (600x900, 151K)

Hi there! I have the pages for the previous week ready. Fuck, not even 2 weeks to the end of summer break... And I don't have all the stuff I need to finish for the school... Anyway please, check the English, please...

1/2

links:
deviantart.com/julia012
tapas.io/series/Utsukishi-Rosaura
mangaido.com/en/u/julka_dru/series

Attached: 3p18.png (1296x1800, 382K)

2/2

Attached: 3p19.png (1264x1784, 359K)

No mistakes here, though I don't really understand what "on delegation" means. As far as I know, delegation is either 'giving your work to someone else/deciding who does what' or 'a group of people sent to accomplish something' so if it's the latter, it should be "I sent him with a delegation that includes the exorcist.."
here I think you misphrased the question. You probably meant "will she face" (asking IF there will be difficulties) because if you meant "will she be able to face THE many.." suggests that difficulties are inevitable, but the boat makes it easy to face them. (the way you have it written now, it sounds like yes she will be able to face some, but will the number she can handle be many? which is even weirder since the answer is yes because of the boat)
and you probably want to say before we* end

Thank you! I had a dillema with the "we" or "we'll" before "end". I had written "we" on sketch even. No idea why I changed that.

English is double tardos

MY English sure is.

nah youre doing your best
the average burger schlubb can't even keep words straight that sound slightly similar.

Thank you.

Now that I've read through your comment again I'd like to say the "...Yes" isn't answer to the question above but rather to the hypothetical question that goes like "All she's going to do is just killing time on the boat. Is this really that dangerous?"

Hey, it's me. Sorry I didn't reply to everyone specifically but I'm a bit overwhelmed, but thanks for all the support! It's helped me move forward and come to a decision to at least try putting something out there. I don't wanna be a coward. That said though, I wanna practice framing and compositions in the meantime, and panel layouts. Any tips on that would be greatly appreciated!
Also sorry it might be gay, I'm kind of a dumb fujo, but instead of whining about there being no attractive males in media, I wanna make them myself and I wanna put what I wanna see into the world.

Attached: ponyboy2.png (917x1108, 461K)

>but instead of whining about there being no attractive males in media, I wanna make them myself and I wanna put what I wanna see into the world.
So were're in this together...
I'm not a fujo tho, I prefer straight pretty boys.

they're not all gonna be gay, of course, but they will be pretty.

yes... I like you already

youtube.com/watch?v=4TVTm5xfvjk
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Okay in that case, the phrasing you'd want is "Will she be facing many difficulties on her way?"
and then remove the "but"
because the part about the boat IS the 'but' as it were. the part that corrects the assumption of safety. You could even change that to "After all, we know from other tales that such journeys are rarely safe"

hey you do what sparkles with you. It wont be for all of us, but I'm happy to see something authentically from inside its author

yay, thank you!

I mean that won't be the main focus, of course, I think the main story itself would be something really general that could resonate with anyone.
...But there are a couple of things that influence me, that might be a turn-off for most people. 2000's internet culture, emo/scene culture, and uh... lots of shitting on theology.
But yeah also I just want to make what makes me happy haha

Those are all my favorites
Maybe if you could get off to cool manly straight dudes getting together with ladies I mean that might be fun right haha

How do I select multiple objects with magic wand to lasso in clip studio at once?

SHIFT + CLICK

I’m on an iPad.

Please be my autistic artistic gf

don't use iPAD

this.

Every different place on tapas that shows the view count for a series shows me a different number. Which one is the right one?

General consensus from long-time readers is that it starts going downhill when Marten and Dora break up. Current level starts when Marten and Claire hookup and Jeph realizes he can't actually do anything with their relationship without someone getting pissed.

I love your gritty style. Reminds me a bit of skeleton jelly. Keep that shit up.

I have a bluetooth keyboard and it work just fine.

When’s the next catfight tournament?

only after a different event happens
so never

Aren't we currently doing a different event in the voice recording thing?

two people voicing their own character don't count

We got three entrants so far and only one voiced its own characters, which by the way is completely into the rules of the event.

Reminder that anyone can participate! Just link us a vocaroo with you reading dialogues from a webcomic, either yours or any other. Have no shame!

Attached: 1565216162514.jpg (883x1050, 415K)

Finished this page, what do you guys think about the hands here?

Attached: PAGE 10.png (2250x3300, 2.5M)

the other was underage

better than mines

Who?

I linked my entry earlier in the thread as a Youtube video. Not sure if you saw it. Just making sure!

They get better as the page goes on. The first panel is awful, though.

oni x fox

OniXFox is underaged?

I did two of them just because i had two suggestions.
You can pick whichever you think is the better one if its one per person.
I dont mind which. It was fun either way.

A quick inking of a very fucked up but determined Luther.

As of late, I've been really into Tsutomu Nihei's work, particularly Blame and Biomega. It's inspired me to try screen tone with my own inks.

>I love your gritty style. Reminds me a bit of skeleton jelly. Keep that shit up.

Thanks user! I enjoy the style and strangeness of Skelly Jelly, so I appreciate the comparison. And I certainly will!

Attached: Luther-Suffering.png (440x1080, 601K)

Has anyone ever asked you to do album artwork for them?
If i had a post rock or industrial band, you would be my first choice.

Why do some artists use raised/slanted desks? Is it important enough to get one for myself?

Thanks!

Actually, I once made an album cover for someone on /x/ about a year ago or so. I'm open for commissions if you're ever interested.Lol, band cover or otherwise.

Eerily Lovely update #24

tapas.io/episode/1495392

webtoons.com/en/challenge/eerily-lovely/wild-strawberry-part-5/viewer?title_no=255060&episode_no=24

eerilylovely.smackjeeves.com/comics/2844360/wild-strawberry-part-5/

Arachnophobics beware...

I read both your comics, though I'm not the interactive type. I rarely have something interesting to say so I observe events unfold....in silence.

Also, I appreciate the effort you put in lore and art, it encourages my own comic for sure.

Hard to imagine that there's something worse than pinneaple.

Screentones plus your style it's too noisy for my eyes to handle. Though it looks cool in the thumbnail.

It just works, that's what I've been doing so far.

Attached: highstakes.jpg (709x1040, 282K)

my tablet has legs on the top of it so it's slanted too. just a good wrist angle.

>Hard to imagine that there's something worse than pinneaple.
vegetables

is there a difference between that and a full desk?

based jebposter

That must have taken ages drawing all those spiders
i'm just saying, that's probably why their desks are like that.

I did, excellent work there. You made it even better than it was supposed to be.

Which one was yours?

You nailed the sassy fashion review tone!

Excited to return with Oni x Fox tomorrow! Here's a quick colored drawing from an upcoming chapter.

Thank you so much!! Glad to hear you saw it!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 9.02.51 PM.png (556x452, 184K)

It took much longer than I anticipated, but i think it was time well spent.

Attached: First QnA Answer 2.png (940x2500, 3.77M)

Another page at 90%!
first chapter COMPLETE(almost!)
hey gus i think we work in the same hours

Attached: 06 test.png (940x1331, 588K)

Unfortunately, yes... I don't like staying up so late....

here to* help you
attacks*
beginnings*
i went* back
the good thing about* leaving* home is*

What are the limits to what I can put on something partially aimed at kids?
Can I show something dark and grating to watch as long as it's not that graphic?

I was thinking of giving a cop character an arc where he routinely stalks and beats a suspect that's not actually guilty because of a hunch he has that points to him being a night prowler that's kidnapping people; the prowler does exist so the case isn't bogus but his hunch is complete bullshit.
Narratively, it's so he can fall from grace and become the vessel for a bigger bad guy that needs a feeling of deep indignation and a desire to avoid taking responsibility to enter the world.

thank dude, im really bad at english haha!

Attached: cover sketch.jpg (800x1131, 132K)

That depends on which webpage you publish, (or editorial)
shonen jump (as a reference)is for kid but now and then is cruel, like Neverland etc

That one is for youtube.
I always ask here because I only use Yea Forums for anything advice. I deeply dislike the idea of non-lax moderation.

You really are. But that's okay.
why are you asking us? Do whatever you want. You remember being a kid, right? How normal it was watching R-rated movies and whatever you could get ahold of on the internet?

>internet
That didn’t exist when I was a kid

>Screentones plus your style it's too noisy for my eyes to handle. Though it looks cool in the thumbnail.

I agree with you to an extent. I'm already working with a texture-heavy style, and screen tone is essentially a bunch of tiny black dots/lines/squares/etc that convey value, so there's an inherent saturation issue if I carelessly slap them together. Although, I'm interested in seeing how it can help with my current saturation issues. I think I'll need to be selective for where I use screen tone if I intend to keep my heavy textures (which I do.)

In nothing else, it provides me some additional stimulation as a creator, lol.

Great update btw! There's a lot of energy and motion to Ellie's and her sister's moves in this one. The different camera angles certainly helped with the flow of action as well. Also, nice to know no spider drowned...

So you remember when people weren't so rabidly protective of what kids saw. Or at least, nobody took them very seriously, and their efforts weren't very effective. When Robocop, Terminator, and Alien all had action figure lines.

>You remember being a kid, right?
Yeah, but I was a weird kid and avoided R-rated movies.
I didn't watch a single Jason or Chucky movie and I only saw the first three of Chucky because a friend dragged me to. Jason sounds too shit for me to watch this point.

Fair point.
Fucking FNAF is by all means and purposes a kids franchise.

I didn't like horrorshit back then, I considered it edgelord crap.. I knew this one kid who was always bragging about seeing those movies, and he had heavy eyebags and seemed really messed up.
But I did like good oldfashioned combat-related violence. something where the people bleeding have a chance to defend themselves and arent just being tortured by the screenwriter for no reason.
Now I can kinda appreciate the pageantry to horror, the cleverness, the effects, but I still don't LIKE it. I just wish we could bring back the hard-bitten action film. We need an outlet for those urges. Most of us don't wanna be Jigsaw, we wanna be Rambo. there's a world of difference. all these fucking PG-13-rated Alien and Predator sequels.. they miss the point so hard. even if original AvP was actually pretty good. That not-Debra-Wilson chick was badass. We all wanna be the one that the Yautja acknowledge as being pretty cool for a human

If by horrorshit you mean the really gorey ones, yeah, I don't like them either.
I can appreciate the action movies you're talking about but I'm afraid I'm not cut for writing such a story. Not that I'm implying you're telling me to do so.

>428 posts
>70 posters
What a slow thread. We usually get around 90.

So I should make things happen sooner?

String bikini event when?

I wanna see Rau in one

String bikini is the penalty for the losers of the next catfight tournament.

I'm in.

Who are you entering?

80 actually
I dropped it down to that because everything needs to improve. It looks like it's going to end up like something that was forgotten in the mid 2000s. Suggesting patches won't help. Everything needs to improve.

Such lust for my murderous baby smasher! Here I thought she gave daughter feelings.

Anyways now im remembering that with my old laptop its lost the fanart I got here, the Rau and Azu bikini ball game, the colored Rau and the CF Rau and even the Gus sketch and the Magi ones. Hope I can recover it all.

Also if you guys receive fanart, whats the best way of posting it? For me its the ultimate pride so im considering giving fanart its own entries, but it could be annoying to the readers.

which is the best day to publish a webcomic?

Wait how famous is Hunt Down The Freeman?
If you've never heard of it oh man you've got to look it up- It's trash, it's great.
youtube.com/watch?v=w7Se1iwsV48

Attached: ideas stolen from YT.png (3368x1792, 1.53M)

Have you guys heard of Saturday am? Me either. I don't think he posts here anymore but boys land is gonna be published in their online magazine. Pretty neat to see some peeps from here making it even if it's just a little.

Attached: received_1105140639695098.png (1008x1440, 1.4M)

Yeah so I kind of want to make mario comics for some reason. Like funny cute mario comics instead of edgy humor i dunno here's what i did today
I'm very happy for him hahaha, some of us are making it

Attached: 1-1.png (800x800, 591K)

my money is on early in the week, optimize those "i'm bored at work" views

saturday-am.com/submit

Looks like they're still taking submissions too.

Saw the news, really happy for the guy. Ill definitely give it a read.

Oni x Fox returns today with the beginning of Chapter 28!

tapas.io/episode/1496017

I'm so happy for him! I'm glad his hard work is paying off!!

Attached: Ch.28_Icon_OxF.jpg (200x200, 41K)

This is very cute! Nice work!

Today

You're comic is so cute! I got a physical copy!!!

i mean, isn't there a day with more traffic?

Really?! That's awesome!! Thank you so much for your support, user! :)

HELLO PIZZA FANS-An update, Im going to barge right into my local newspaper office and DEMAND they do a story on admiral pizza!! WISH ME LUCK!!

Attached: ADMIRALVSNIGHTMOOSE.png (1200x1950, 1.28M)

You should take a loan, and print it out on your own

The fat guy's complaint and physical appearance don't really mesh. His expression is pretty neutral, he could be sweating.

How do i draw hands in similar positions without looking like a midget hand.

Attached: pointing-finger-624x6241.jpg (624x624, 30K)

I cant right now my credit sucks and i dont have a job

Finished up at the local newspaper! They loved the pitch. And are super excited!

>lost the fanart
fuck. well here's mine. should be able to find more in the archives.
>best way of posting it?
I have a page on mine (though it's ridiculous to load it at this point, please be smarter than me and post smaller thumbnails that LINK to the full size fanart) but that's something you could only do on smackjeeves, on your tapas site you're fucked I think, one of the many things they don't let you do.

Attached: rau fanart.jpg (840x1120, 125K)

what did you sell them?

i miss boys land but i'm glad they're getting published! totally deserve it.

perspective is weird and hard.
try tracing this, then looking at what results. then try making it yourself without tracing

Damn it, you are right. The expression is supposed to be of shock, but looking at it it doesnt really translate as that. You know like, eyes wide open focused on the front as he remembers the hellish experience of having to use his legs instead of just doing a might oni jump.

Thank you man! Ill save it here now. Still gotta try to get the others but this is helpful.

As for the fanart I dont have my own webcomic page so well, Ill think about it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-20 A Story Of Fire 1 Unforgivable Sin Tapas.png (456x262, 172K)

A hot n fresh story right outta the oven!!

They're still active, their redo series is really good so far too. They're most active on Smackjeeves but I saw em on webtoon I think...

you've got a smackjeeves.. unless you're not using it anymore. does SJ not let you make extra pages?

yeah I meant I miss them posting here and participating in shit

was super happy to see this. he deserves it. one of their creators followed me today out of the blue. been thinking of submitting to them but I feel like they would want me to take out some of the more lewd content. this page comes to mind.

Attached: 5.jpg (800x1141, 426K)

Oh yeah, I was asking more about tapas. I dont give SJ the attention it deserves honestly, most likely only because I dont understand how to decorate it properly. But its the best page to organize the chapters. Tapas is really annoying regarding that.

>it means you have a vagina
And? What the fuck does me having a vagina supposed to do with webcomics?

we're talking about chemicals in your blood

boys land is an incredible comic and happy they're gettign the recognition they deserve :')

What good would tracing do?
It’s never okay dude

So you can see what it looks like as lineart. your brain might be autocorrecting a lot of what you see from a photo, so you can't actually figure the perspective and shapes out.

update will be next week... catching up on other work. edited the new sheet a bit.

Attached: charasheet.png (1400x652, 531K)

For a while, I have been thinking about how should end Rococo's story. I found my old 2012 visual essay about "love"... I cut out the first half of it because my ideas have changed, I have changed, but I still think it would have been a good note to end on.

Attached: LOVEIS_CROPPED.jpg (1120x3007, 880K)

yeah when I was that age I thought I was going to grow 10 fucking inches too. Didn't happen though. I grew like a half more inches. It's impressive enough this guy grows 4 inches in high school, but considering he's only just discovering masturbation, that's a late bloomer.

Looks really nice! By the way is that your handwriting? It's so clean I almost can't tell, haha

The colors are beautiful!

this is gorgeous.

any tips on making memorable personalities?

think of what a person would normally do in a situation
then think of the opposite
then turn 90 degrees and have the character do that.

seen and heard lots of bizarre cases. ended up making him a case as well to make it interesting.
he masturbates, but finds it a chore.

thank you! yes that is my handwriting. i handwrite text in my comic as well.

Not a clue. Nature of the question?Like is there a specific focus for it to have? It's hard to logic out a question that's too broad.

At a guess I'd say it's like comedy and it would be in them doing something unexpected, but totally appropriate to the situation.

Attached: 142.gif (398x255, 3.4M)

I have gone and done another mario comic because lol cant sleep

huh so guy is like not david IM CONFUSED COOKSSSS

thank you

Attached: 1-2.png (800x800, 664K)

Very cool! I somehow didn't really notice that until this character sheet. Your handwriting is amazing!

I went from shorter guy in my class to tallest literally the very last day of classes. Thanks for nothing.

>tfw you're 12 layers deep on a single panel full of detail and shading and lighting effects and it still looks like shit

Attached: 1553625204313.jpg (720x470, 26K)

post wark bhru

Im going to make some test comics, ya know to see how my characters interact, and post it here. im by the way
What sounds more interesting?
>lonely nerd bantering with charismatic sex addict
or
>dizzy rich girl bantering with aggressive punk guy

the former by far.
but why not dizzy nerd bantering with aggressive sex addict?

You know what, he can be a bit dizzy...in a way

I thought of characters I enjoy from various series and here are some traits that stick out to me personally (these aren't necessarily inter-related):
>tries super hard to be cool but is actually a giant dork
>is a cold asshole toward everyone except one person in particular
>fails at everything on paper but manages to scrape by due to pure dumb luck (i.e. their failures end up being unintentional victories down the road)
>is just inexplicably insane. No relevant backstory, just a fucking crazy person (maybe best for a rival or antagonist?)
>is incredibly naive in an endearing way (this is hard to pull off, there's a fine line between endearing naivety and a character that just makes you roll your eyes every 5 seconds)
>has an interesting, funny quirk (think Crowley from Good Omens, who yells at and threatens his plants to grow better)

Attached: 1553901296362.png (1189x1200, 1.35M)

guy is david but also not david... !

haha my handwriting used to be plain and terrible. when i started high school i forced myself to change my handwriting. make it more stylized.

a bizarre user... !
growth so variable in high school. lots of fun.

focus on trying to make the page look good as a whole. maybe see if it looks better by removing some shading/effects.

David

The Cooler David

and what if the sex addict is just like pestering like a hungry puppy
like hey howbout now. yeah but what if maybe you grab hold of this here.. okay okay you're busy, but later though. hey while you're doing that you could probably be pounding me

This looks fantastic. Not sure whats going on plot-wise but the colors are goals.

lots of people have their cool inner selves. sometimes it's Pepper Ann's reflection. Sometimes it's your self-insert OC you draw in things and think about how cool you'll be someday...
and I guess for guys like David, sometimes it's a gross weird seducer that takes advantage of your confused period and tries to make you into a homo, but whatever works. It's still really good writing and amazing visuals involved, so I'm coming along for the ride.

I think it'd be nice to have an anchor post early in each thread that artists can link back to, like in drawthreads. That way people can easily view everyone's progress. Maybe we could get a few regulars to draw anchor-related posts for this purpose.
>pic unrelated

Attached: 1558058651527.jpg (6517x3961, 2.31M)

That's a good idea!

it's not that hard to just scroll down and see what looks like a comic, but maybe

tell you what, we need a new thread soon, and if new guy thread isn't here... maybe you wanna do it, if you add an anchor post, go for it.
remember this thread is #586 so next one is 587

made some art

Attached: pripri.png (2152x3464, 897K)

I don't want people to see my old art and see how bad I am.

made something fuckin gorgeous is what you did
I love it when people can do realistic / regularcomics facial style that still has personality and isn't just blank photo blandness.

honestly I just made a regular anime face with a non-anime nose
But thanks a lot, really appreciated.

Man, this is so rough and needs rearranging and red lining but Im committing to "drawing something is better than nothing" AND "not everything has to be perfect" advice
>what if the sex addict is just like pestering like a hungry puppy
That would be Orella once Ben gets a makeover but thats her with really attractive men and women in her cult

Attached: Comic3.png (582x658, 145K)

for those of you who do color comics, where do you draw the line in terms of time constraints? do you just use flat colors? simple shading? I want my """art""" to look pretty but I also want to be able to churn out regular updates.

it's not even a little bit anime, so I guess you failed at what you were attempting, but a good kind of failure.

i think the sweet spot lies between always-flat-colors and always-cel-shaded. You wait for the moments when the shading accomplishes the most.

gettin a new thread ready?

I color on photoshop, then do simple shading. Still dont know how to color in a complex way. Its on the eternal, neverending list of things I have to learn.

Im trying hands now. And probably armpits.

Attached: azurau.png (596x288, 193K)

Fun!

no seriously someone getting a new thread ready? it's gonna be #587