You're not a fake fan, are you Yea Forums?

archive.is/ySsAO

Attached: Fake fans.jpg (639x755, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bwDAmbIfmDE
houseofnames.com/leishman-family-crest
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First of all, she’s Mighty Thor, so get your facts straight. Second, being mad that Jane Foster is worthy of the hammer shows that you know nothing of the Thor comics and, more importantly, shows you’re sexist. Yeah, I said it. SEXIST. Mainly because, if Thor and Steve Rogers can be worthy of the hammer, why can’t Jane Foster? Because she has a vagina?

Anyway, respect the name.

The point of this, however, is that, in an unsurprising turn of events, men are angry. Why? Because seven movies of Chris Hemsworth as Thor, and the promise of Chris Hemsworth as Thor in this same movie, isn’t enough! They want a shirtless Chris Hemsworth, and they want only him!

PulpHero over here isn’t the only one to have a time over “Lady Thor” (which, again, is not her name). One Angry Gamer went on a rant, and then another site felt the need to say, “SEE? THE MEDIA IS SAYING IT IS AN OUTRAGE, BUT IT WAS A PLOY!” like they didn’t just scream for an extended amount of time about a woman being worthy.

My patience for this kind of tomfoolery is very limited. In the One Angry Gamer piece, they bash the comics era of Jane taking on the hammer:

>For those of you unfamiliar with the Female Thor, it was as bad as everyone said it was, laced with the sort of propaganda that the Marvel comics have become infamous for — so infamous that many of those comics ended up on the Get Woke; Go Broke Master List — and included blatant agitprop such as Jane sharing an interracial kiss with Falcon after beating up some “racist” agitators.

Yes, I read this. Feel bad for me.

There were some … wild takes out there, like one claiming that suddenly people who worship Thor for their faith would have a problem with this. (They probably loved drunk gamer Thor, though, right?)

Boy are they fucking late to the party.

Attached: 1469080013250.jpg (192x171, 15K)

And even responses that just make you stare into an non-existent camera like you’re Jim and this is The Office.

It even got to the point where someone pointed out that the complainers don’t know anything about the Thor comics because … she is, in fact, Thor.

Don’t worry, though. We got all the way to “It’s ruining the MCU.”

Wouldn’t be complete without one of those.

It’s part of an epidemic, people being angry that a woman is occupying space and breathing air, because how dare we, right?

But, the One Angry Gamer piece and other angry responders have fueled many of us in a positive way, talking about Mighty Thor and our excitement for the return of Jane Foster.

And, you know, she’s not just Thor or even Mighty Thor.

Anyway, this has been a comic series that is great, and Jane Foster being worthy of the hammer is a move by the MCU that’s right in line with their comics, so take your angry tears and let all of us who are excited drink them up. MIGHTY THOR FOR PRESIDENT.

>The point of this, however, is that, in an unsurprising turn of events, men are angry. Why? Because seven movies of Chris Hemsworth as Thor, and the promise of Chris Hemsworth as Thor in this same movie, isn’t enough! They want a shirtless Chris Hemsworth, and they want only him!
It's funny that the premise of the article is that people who don't like this are fake fans, and yet they act exasperated at the fact that people think seven movies (only three of which were solo) haven't been enough to tell male Thor's story. Any fan of the comics knows there are many, many more stories that great movies could have been made out of. Also the mocking people wanting "shirtless Chris Hemsworth" feels a tad homophobic.

i wonder how many normies pretended they knew there was a female thor in the comics all along?

>normies
Fuck off cunt.

>Yeah, I said it, SEXIST

I don't know why they single this out as though it's something special when they say it about literally everyone. Or maybe it's a self-aware joke about that?

>First of all, she’s Mighty Thor, so get your facts straight. Second, being mad that Jane Foster is worthy of the hammer shows that you know nothing of the Thor comics and, more importantly, shows you’re sexist. Yeah, I said it. SEXIST. Mainly because, if Thor and Steve Rogers can be worthy of the hammer, why can’t Jane Foster? Because she has a vagina?
What has she done in the two films this version of her has appeared in to indicate she's worthy?

>What has she done in the two films this version of her has appeared in to indicate she's worthy?
Have a vagina.

She had worthiness inside of her.

Attached: Thor and Jane.png (970x546, 527K)

I love when they try and pull this "WIKIPEDIA SAYS IT WAS IN THE COMIC YOU NEED TO CONSUME EVERYTHING OR YOU BAD FAN" shit like it's actually gonna work.

I reject this hypothesis.

So a condom or a tissue is worthy of becoming Thor if he puts his dick in it?

I thought there was no such thing as a fake fan though?

If it was a sentient condom or tissue maybe.

I'm not a fan at all.

are they implying only women have vaginas? Yikes

Thor did Hershlag raw though.

So people hated this in the comics, and they tried to shame them as angry, racist white homophobe incels for woke points, and the comic was basically a failure.

And now they are going for round 2.

Attached: thors poptarts.jpg (640x853, 317K)

true fan : consume all movies and buy all the funko.
bad fan : read the comics 20+ years ago and actually filled the wikipedia page.
see also : The Boys fanbase.

>Failure
Um no sweaty it was the best selling Thor comic in a while.

>Consume our product or we revoke your "fan" title
Why do companies do this? I don't even hate this idea, not inherently anyway. But I hate it when companies and journalists are trying to blackmail me like this.

>If you don't like this VERY recent and already "divisive" development you don't know shit about Thor
>Blackmail
But yeah, they want to sell a product,, so they're willing to be cunts to make that happen.

bran loyalty is the new religion. You are with them, or against them, and should fight in their name forever after.

>Why do companies do this? I don't even hate this idea, not inherently anyway. But I hate it when companies and journalists are trying to blackmail me like this.

They've said before that they get more sales when people are outraged. Even for their comics, they want to drum up drama and outrage every chance they get to get more sales.

Why write good storys and characters, when you can just churn out garbage, and piss people off so much they want to read your shit to get angry about it.

I know I have been guilty of just relying on wikipedia, but I used it when this was happening when it just started in the comic.

I think I know what the problem in hollywood is. Its not that women cant get into studio and have their fair share. Its actual talented women who arent given a chance to get their fair share because of other men and women with no talent muscling in using their rich relatives to get in.

You know. I like to think of myself as a progressive, equality-minded sort who despises sexism and racism, and who thinks social inequality and forced power structures lie at the root of all society's ills.

Given that, I still strongly advise you kill yourself.

>They want a shirtless Chris Hemsworth, and they want only him!
Yeah right. Women never wanted this. Never.
That was primarily for the male audience. Obviously.

because it doesnt stand to their own hypocrisy.

if this is the hill they wanna die on, what does that say about the racebending?

Thieves and liars. This is why people hate you.

YES! I HATE SEEING WOMEN BEING REPRESENTED FAIRLY AND IN POSITIONS OF POWER! I WANT A WHITE MALE DOMINATED INDUSTRY!

I
AM
SILLY!

At this point Im not even a fan at all. Keep your movies, keep your shitty comics. Im done.

Attached: haman is incredulous.jpg (960x720, 58K)

So that's why Cap was worthy

>FAIRLY

I think that is the problem. The SJWs think that every powerful man MUST have a female counterpart - that the woman is entitled to the power.

The fact remains Jane did NOTHING to earn the power, nor to prove worthy of it. The hammer isn't just a tool, it's the second-most powerful weapon in Asgard, and contains a portion of the Allfather's power.

It's rank entitlement which really is just based on the fact she has a vagina, and that is pathetic and insulting to both men and women.

>I think that is the problem. The SJWs think that every powerful man MUST have a female counterpart - that the woman is entitled to the power.
no its more that the female counter part should put her male counter part down instead of being on the same level as him.

On your point on Jane, I think that was the case with Brei Larson getting the CM role and title for strongest in MCU. Natilie Portman and MCU Jane will earn it. I mean I hope they go that route.

Its just entitlement in general, sjws think women should be the best and not one of the best.

>Why do companies do this?
Are you implying thaat Marvel had some role in setting the narrative put forward by this article on "The Mary Sue"? The only quote by anyone associated with Marvel is Taika calling Jane "Mighty Thor", hardly accusing anyone of being a fake fan.

I’m only mad because I wanted akira but noooo I need a lesbian rom com capeshit instead of a butchered live action akira

Attached: A216A95F-76F9-4D67-9915-E3D06568880E.jpg (1125x565, 419K)

I'm already not watching it, but if I had been planning to see it this would've been the final nail in the coffin.

No, it means that we have standards and can see red flags a mile away when it comes to forced feminism, if anyones a fake fan its you who dont care about these franchises and just want to take over them to further your feminist agenda.

I heard Atlia did well for once.

why would i be mad ofr a movie i wasn't going to see anyway?

>The fact remains Jane did NOTHING to earn the power, nor to prove worthy of it
I get where you're coming from but wasn't Thor just born with his godhood?

Alita was a shitty Mary Sue female empowerment flick that flopped and will never have a sequel, deal with it.

how can so much word vomit try to progressive only to be the opposite?

I'm mad because I want him to make his own original movies instead of tired shit for retarded nerds. Boy blows the entire MCU out of the water.

I just won't watch it then. I can still watch anime and manga where my favorite characters don't just get replaced

It was a manga first you moron. And it wasnt. Captain Marvel was a Mary Sue that took advantage of timing.

And did he not have to spend a movie earning the right to wield the hammer when Odin added the enchantment of needing to be worthy to it?

My biggest problem is that she becomes Thor, and Thor stops being Thor and is called Odinson.
It's like if when bucky took over from cap they started calling himself Stephen and Rodgers.
Also the definition of worthy is based on Odins warrior understanding of worthy, or with Jane has done bag all

>It was a manga first
Who the fuck cares? Like seriously, how is this relevant to anything I said?
>And it wasnt
It was and it flopped, deal with it.
>Captain Marvel
Not an argument.

Thor was born with his godliness and powers, but he had to earn Mjolnir.

Seriously though, fuck this shit. Id rather we get a Bill movie about him being a stoic badass.

Attached: BETA RAGE BILL.jpg (842x814, 317K)

Can you explain based on the movie how she's a Mary Sue? I doubt you saw it.

>Who the fuck cares? Like seriously, how is this relevant to anything I said?
because if you knew what you were talking about at all then you know what you said doesnt apply at all.

>stronger and more competent in a fight than anyone else
>is from a super special race of superbeings but is all alone because of her tragic past
>is either loved by everyone or becomes the focal point of everyone's attention
>instantly becomes the champion of Motorball despite only having played it once before because you go girl
She's insufferable.
Everything I have said is true. Most importantly: flopped, sequel never.

>Yea Forums isn't a tumblr colony

Gonna be honest, as indignant and silly as this article is, it's kinda right.

The only thing wrong with Lady Thor is the execution. A central part of Marvel Thor's mythos is that anyone who is judged worthy by the hammer can have all the power of Thor. Getting your panties in a twist about lore established since Kirby's time is pretty dumb, and since Waititi can actually write, I trust him far more to do a film where Jane is also chucking a hammer around than whatever interns were writing the Lady Thor comics.

Attached: ehhh.jpg (376x359, 23K)

>The fact remains Jane did NOTHING to earn the power, nor to prove worthy of it.
And in the first Thor movie, ONE ACTION made Thor worthy. We're likely getting a similar scene.

My big problem with this, to be honest, is that I just don't like Natalie Portman.

Isnt portman like 80 years old now?

You realize I was just reposting the text of the article here, right? Those aren't my own opinions.

In actress years, yes. In human years, 38.

Yeah, you didn't watch it.
>stronger and more competent in a fight than anyone else
She isn't stronger initially at all, she access to her latent skills and reflexes of being a special ops soldier that fought in a great war centuries ago.
>is from a super special race of superbeings but is all alone because of her tragic past
None of this is accurate. She was cyborg practitioner of panzer kunst. Not even the greatest one. And she gets defeated multiple times through the original manga and even in the movie.
>is either loved by everyone or becomes the focal point of everyone's attention
You fucking retard she's the protagonist. Any protagonist that's getting involved with multiple people and effect any kind of significant change experience this.
>instantly becomes the champion of Motorball despite only having played it once before because you go girl
By this point in time she gets access access to a better body which has superior tech to all the other racers along with her latent past life skills and reflexes. And she doesn't become the fucking champion instantly, she ends up playing through a whole season of that shit.

>The only thing wrong with Lady Thor is the execution.
And you are delusional if this is going to be executed properly.

>REEEE STOP MEN GATEKEEPING

>IF YOU DONT LIKE A CHARACTER YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE A FAN

Holy shit do you really expect me to read all that shit? The movie's forgotten by every person that saw it and wasn't a pathetic incel, move the fuck on with your "life".

ffs when can comics be uncool again so the companies go back to their core audience that actually reads shit and I can have my hobby back?

Since this trend started I haven't read anything but like 2 comics.

I'm actually really glad you'll never read Gunnm, it's way too good for something like you.

...it was sorta the only Thor comic in a while

The power of Thor, yes. But Thor is a name not a title. Also they've only explored a handful of Thor's hundreds of stories in the movies, why not work on adapting a few more of the best of those while Hemsworth is still willing to play the role and worry about passing on the hammer after he's done with it?

One of my favorite Thor ideas was lady Thor, you know the one from earth x? That shit was amazing conceptually and paid off wonderfully, Jane foster stealing her ex boyfriends name then fucking a black guy in public was weird though

Don't expect much from posters here, I suspect they are actually terribly low IQ. Discussion is not possible.

Artificial outrage. Just ignore the articles.

d'aww, she did a wikipedia search, that's adorable

If only they tried actually reading some proper Thor comics before trying to write an article, they'd also be so pissed about this whole thing.

It's funny because most of these "SEVEN" Thor movies got everything wrong to begin with. We arguably got a glimpse of decent Thor when he was in crossovers and that's it.

>gatekeeping

The thing is for MCU Thor I can kinda buy he's done. They've been teasing Beta Ray Bill for a bit and clearly want him involved. Thor's entire arc has been about the fact that he's had a role he's clearly not suited for thrust upon him, and finding a new role that does. Just like Iron Man's whole arc was about going from a selfish asshole to the guy who makes the sacrifice play(and does so over, and over, and over until it wears thin), Thor's whole arc has been about how he abandons his ego and what he's used to and what's comfortable to be who he needs to be. If that's not an Avenger anymore and going out beyond the nine realms into space that's fine. Shit you could have gone with Thor actually changing his name in the process and the audience would buy someone just calling Jane as Thor out of convenience.

The big problem is Jane got written out of Thor's story fucking HARD. She hasn't actually been in a Thor movie for like 6 years now and dumped his ass. MCU Jane doesn't fucking care about Thor or Avengers shit and doesn't even consult on cosmic shit or care about it. As far as narrative relevance goes her leaving like that puts her in a position worse than just having some new rando come in and take over because a blank slate would be easier than a negative because now you need to explain how this woman who left is suddenly back and where she was through like 3 cosmic disasters that involve some bullshit she either has experience with or specializes in.

You would have been better off with Thunderstrike or even fucking Throg compared to going with MCU Jane.

I'm sure Tacoman Whamboozle will make a funny movie, but it's all just a cynical marketing campaign to sell toy hammers to little girls.

What happened with The Boys fan base

This has all the verve of a tweet. Get this woman a pulitzer.

I'm not sure they are passing it on. They're certainly not getting rid of Hemsworth.

She was talked about on The View and mentionned in Big Bang Theory, so probably more than Beta Ray Bill.
>Raj: I would like to propose a salon topic.
>Amy: Ooo, please do Rajesh.
>Raj: The lead in “The Hunger Games” is a woman. Marvel has made “Thor” a female.
>Penny: Wait, who’s Thor?
>Raj: You know. Thor, the God of Thunder? As I was saying, is this a sign that our society is approaching gender equality?
>Howard: Certainly a lot more women are reading comic books now.
>Stuart: It’s true. At the store I had to put a seat on the toilet.
>Amy: we don’t know there’s equality until female Thor has a baby and the Avengers are cool with her pumping breast milk at work.
>Howard: I wonder if only a baby who is worth can suckle at the bosom of Thor?
>Penny: Okay, new salon topic. Salons – Dumb things from a long time ago or interesting thing made dumb by talking about superheroes? Discuss.

It wasn't, "Unworthy Thor" ran alongside it selling less.

>if anyones a fake fan its you who dont care about these franchises and just want to take over them to further your feminist agenda.
It's almost as if SJWs always projected or something.

Almost sure it sold at least the same for a month, it was a mini and judging from the title, I guess a lot of people knew it was gonna be completely pointless.

>Fan
There's you're problem, I'm not a fan at all.

>Are you implying thaat Marvel had some role in setting the narrative put forward by this article on "The Mary Sue"?
Not that user but it certainly wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Disney is actively paying these shitty "journalists" to write these blatant bait pieces.

All cape comics are pointless.

Damn, you're one buttblasted sexist

It's cute that you think they need to, when idpol clickbait has been proven to be an effective way to make money and journos do it with fucking everything.

Not true, John Ostrander wrote bunch of great ones.

That doesn't make them not pointless. You don't read a comic because you think what's in it matters, unless you're a retard, you read it because you think it might be interesting.
Granted "Thor is unworthy, again, what will he do this time?" isn't exactly a great selling point.

>Everything I have said is true. Most importantly: flopped, sequel never.
I dont give a fuck about a sequel, my point is that it wasnt a mary sue and you are just being an autistic faggot cuz you didnt like the fucking movie.

I'm not sure what the hell do you mean, but you're really trying to ignore context anyway.

you might as well since you are too stupid to pick this all up from simply watching the movie.

>ffs when can comics be uncool again
They already are.

>lara croft movie
>wonder woman movie
>lady thor movie
>amazon women played by literal sticks
Why?

Attached: sem-l-grim.jpg (1356x1659, 194K)

What context is relevant here that I've ignored?
Cape comics are very much about characters doing laps until they get back to status quo. They can be entertaining, they can be good, but there's rarely a point in reading them beyond the enjoyment you might get from the read.
I guess this point of view is why I like AUs so much.

Attached: 5350c2ad224a7069941bece20216c916.jpg (1332x1336, 500K)

you keep throwing that phrase around, and you really don't know what it means do you?
also alita made more than double its budget back

50% of the "writer" of this article's instagram is literally about how hot she thinks bucky is.
No lie.
I guarantee she's never read a comic in her life.

Being a Bill fan is suffering.

>amazon women played by literal sticks
They had some cool stuntwomen at least.

Attached: stuntwomanflipthree.jpg (2256x3000, 792K)

yeah Captain marvel was a mary sue.
you seem to have it backwards.

because women think we only want sticks instead of muscle

WTF

>because women only want sticks
FTFY

I live in an age where you can be bad at liking something.

Attached: ithorians.png (930x766, 945K)

ha ha

That's been a thing since.... basically forever. You posted Star Wars, which is a late 20th century example, but there have been war between people because they felt the other guys didn't like Jesus or Muhammad the right way.

this

Or even just told that by some random bitch who doesn't even like it.

>They can be entertaining, they can be good, but there's rarely a point in reading them beyond the enjoyment you might get from the read.
Yes, that's the whole point.

>Cape comics are very much about characters doing laps until they get back to status quo.
I wish. And again, that mini did absolutely nothing for it, either. It failed at both purposes. Pointless.
"Oooh Thor finds out about a new hammer! Is he gonna pick it? Is he at least gonna get his name back already? NOPE! It's the same shit except now he has short hair like in this future movie. Wasn't that great? :D"

>I didn't advance the story towards getting back to status quo! That's what I was reading it for.
Clearly you're the kind of retard I was referring to. No offense.

>Samefag: The Thread

>The Mary Sue

Attached: Wilson_punched.jpg (129x175, 7K)

It's well received despite butchering (HEH) the source material.

You're a moronic butt-blasted retard who gets extremely anal about unimportant things.

She's Lady Thor, the original Thor is the "Mighty Thor", and no amount of mental gymnastics on your part is going to change that.

Thing is, the way she was handled in the comics was downright awful, and never ever got better, despite your dogfucker dicksucking of an almost literal dogfucker to try to excuse it.

Fem/Lady Thor is a great concept and should actually explored further in the 616, but the problem is when you get a bestiality expert as a writer to tell that story, it all goes to shit. This whole thing should be retconned and rebooted by an actually competent creative team to really show how much fun Lady Thor is as a concept and a story.

Day 356: apparently the retard community has granted me honorary status.
On a side note, they still cannot into comics.

based

based pilled!

maybe try reading comics instead of being terrified that you'll see something that contradicts your neckbeard politics then

>...Mighty Thor...Mighty Thor...Mighty Thor...
I can actually taste the autism on this one.

The character is wack, and not even tongue in cheek funny as Taren aka Thor Girl.

But the worse thing about it is that the actress that is suppose to play the role is a BAD ACTOR. And a bad actor can make even a good script shity.

They had some fine ones. I do remember jerkin it to some buff babes posting behind the scenes stuff to twitter.

show fans antagonizing people who read the comics for "spoiling" it, and of course being pretentious for reading instead of praising the TV god

IDK maybe they'll make a movie about it

Hey, now, I hope Jane is super buff and shirtless in this movie, too.

Lady Thor was one of if not the most boring run of Thor ever.

Nothing happened, all the characters acted out of character and it tried to inject more human shit into a story people enjoy being about magic and gods.

I don't want that kind of absolute boredom in a movie thank you very much.

>The big problem is Jane got written out of Thor's story fucking HARD. She hasn't actually been in a Thor movie for like 6 years now and dumped his ass. MCU Jane doesn't fucking care about Thor or Avengers shit and doesn't even consult on cosmic shit or care about it. As far as narrative relevance goes her leaving like that puts her in a position worse than just having some new rando come in and take over because a blank slate would be easier than a negative because now you need to explain how this woman who left is suddenly back and where she was through like 3 cosmic disasters that involve some bullshit she either has experience with or specializes in.
This is the main problem. Feels weird to bring her back for this after years of being irrelevant.

Nah, my biggest issue is that you really shouldn't give Natalie Portman the lead, unless you're making a thriller/drama.
And I don't see Marvel having the ball for that kind of movie.

Mjolnir was destroyed and Thor went into space.

Lady Thor might have been ok pre Ragnarok, but the opportunity passed.

Live action Akira is never going to get made. Look into it it's been in and out of production for like twenty fucking years now because every time someone is gonna start doing it they realize it's almost impossible to shoot and give up.

>"Please read our site! Pay attention to meeeee!"-the blog.

Attached: 1565644933327.png (396x335, 146K)

Wasn't Alita Battle Angel in development hell for a long time, too?

Not exactly. What stopped it from being made wasn't people constantly jumping ship rather James Cameron kept getting preoccupied with other projects and eventually handed it off to another director while he helped fund it.

If an article tells me what the right opinion is, that article is some stupid bullshit.

No im a real man because Jason Aaron is a good writer who did some intresting stuff with a shallow and controversial but fresh idea is going to be shadowed by faggot mcu fans and the general public by shitty mcu writing and le 80s rock quips and le other movie reference who don't give a single damn about the Thor mythos(or any) and the myth it's stemmed from that will just kill the house of ideas even more

But to shorten it no way will it even be worth looking at

Ffs they gave Falcon the cap shield, that's a recent idea they are just butchering ideas they used back in 2014

The Mary Sue is still around? I thought that they was close to being shutdown

Moments before disaster? No way she landed safely

Are we really going to have another thread where we bitch and moan about what is effectively an off site bait post. Just because some jaggof get's paid for it doesn't mean it's not bait, don't fucking fall for it

Attached: 1505512178173.jpg (326x179, 8K)

Yes, he was. And a prince, at that.

But he had to EARN Mjölnir.

Aside for that: Jane was not born with godhood but with humanhood. How does she deserve to be a god?

Imbecile.

Wow. Is this what I look like to someone who - due to brain worms or something - actuallly likes 'Captain Marvel'?

What a pathetic little asshole you are.

My only complaint is that the Thor comics under the Jane era really weren’t great, so if they completely ignore those we’re all good.

Also I’m still waiting on Beta-Ray and Thunderstrike damn it

>And in the first Thor movie, ONE ACTION made Thor worthy.

...Well, no. He was already worthy - we didn't see him earn that. AFTER Odin banished him, he became worthy again... by fucking SACRIFICING HIS LIFE.

>Holy shit do you really expect me to read all that shit?

Jesus, what a maggot you are.

>are you Yea Forums?
Nobody here liked that shitfest, the movie could work maybe but I don't think so, and they already did that in the first movie ...

I'm very angry about this (haven't picked a side yet)

Jane Thor is neither the first nor only "Lady Thor". So why are everyone acting as if she is?
Fuck Jane Thor is terrible and it has nothing to do with her being a woman.

*pullover

>Fem/Lady Thor is a great concept

I respectfully disagree.

Stuntmen are one thing. But I wonder how it feels to be a fit, athletic, and strong stuntwoman. Constantly filling in for figurative sticks that are playing the role that you actually do most of the work for. That you actually acting aside suit better.
Must feel weird.

Why is Hollywood so obsessed with stick girls though? I swear this is not nearly as big of a thing in foreign cinema.

They didn't push back as hard as the Saint Seiya fanbase did on changes to source material, and now they're getting fucked.

You think you're mad? I wanted the stop-motion Bubbles movie.

>No way she landed safely
She definitely did. Jessie Graff is a pretty cool guy and doesn't affraid of anything.
youtu.be/bwDAmbIfmDE

>acting aside
That's a big issue. No woman who can act well enough to be a big hollywood star wants to be pigeonholed as the buff action girl.
>I swear this is not nearly as big of a thing in foreign cinema.
Uh, what?

Attached: Still-of-Jessie-Graff-from-America-Ninja-Warrior.jpg (1600x900, 167K)

>youtu.be/bwDAmbIfmDE
Fuck. I gym regularly but she might be a bit stronger than me. That's not bad at all.

Such blue eyes.

Portman makes a horrid Thor. Just give the name to Valkrye.

The Saint Seiya fanbase didn't push back hard enough either and are also getting fucked, though.

It's funny because the MCU fandom hated Jane almost to the degree that the fujoshits hate Sharon Carter. I am prettt sure the Mary Sue even made a bad article about her at some point.

Of course now they like her because they are being told by Taika and Feige to like her.

I'm honestly morbidly curious how Portman's going to try to pull off badass warrior.

Wow this is both transphobic (thinking vagina=female) and homophobic (making fun of men wanting to see another man's chiseled shirtless torso).
Fad feminists are the worst.

History is in a neverending repeating loop at this point.

She won't. It's as simple as that.
She was already the worst part of the movies she was in.

Fuck Kat Dennings would have done a way better Thor than Portman. This is all a huge mistake.

She was playing mousy scientist, which is more in her wheelhouse. I'll blame the script for Jane more than Portman, even though she was phoning it in.

Still Portman is the last person I would think for an action girl. Sounds like an SNL sketch, and for that reason I'm definitely curious how they'll try to make it work, even if I assume they'll fail.

>disliking character created in 2015 merely to push YAASS memes makes you fake

Also the fact that Jane was in comics before 2015 does not make the above statement incorrect, since Whor wasn't revealed to be Jane Foster until the retard writing it decided it was time to reveal his ebin twist that people already called beforehand.

Attached: 1540432404763.jpg (750x731, 229K)

Why are you talking to yourself?

>And even responses that just make you stare into an non-existent camera like you’re Jim and this is The Office.

This is a good approximation of a 30-something "nerdy" woman.

hey you remember when girls didn't like comics and actively harrassed and bullied those who did and only got into them in large numbers when they started making blockbuster movies with comic properties.

peppridge farms remembers...

peppridge farms always remembers the cultural appropriation

Cultural appropriation requires privilege and power user. Only white men can enact in cultural appropriation, incel. :)))

Wasn't this an unpopular, disliked run in the comics though?
And wasn't Portman largely considered the worst part of the first two Thor movies?
Doesn't having an established negative reaction to this just imply you're a fan of comics and the MCU, since you already know this is a bad combo?

She's not all that bad looking, either.

See, the problem is that comics have a very, specific look for their super heroines that isn't exactly... what's the word...? Possible in real life.

So you can get a lady that's athletic and buff or you can get a lady that's eye candy.

>actively harrassed and bullied those who did
I definitely don't remember that. I mean I've seen it in TV shows, but TV shows also have anyone who engages in physical activity being the biggest assholes to people who like nerd shit, when that's a pretty gross exaggeration.

>hey you remember when girls didn't like comics and actively harrassed and bullied those who did

That was actually preferable to the current state of affairs, by a wide margin.

Yeah, how do you set this up? There's no way for Jane to simply discover her compatibility with the hammer because it's gone. There's no way for Thor to pass the torch to her directly because he's in space. Ragnarok established Thor's powers were inside him all the time and the current super hammer isn't enchanted for exclusive use, so it's not like the hammer itself is what carries the name/title anyways.
This is all stuff that was set up in the comics but not in the movies.

Attached: mjolnir.jpg (446x431, 55K)

Why do people think nerds object to Jane wielding the hammer? They object to the idea that wielding the hammer makes you Thor. The only other person who did that was Masterson, who was literally pretending to be Thor.

It's like holding Cap's shield and saying your name is now Steve.

But, Danny can't be white. OK.

Pretty much but I'll put an asterisk to that, in that the average superheroine looks more like Sue Storm than She-Hulk, most of them are about having a borderline outlandishly sexy and fit body rather than about muscle. Like a cardio bunny. That includes most depictions of Wonder Woman at least up until like the 80s.
On the more muscular side of superheroines you're right though, closest we got in the last 30 years was probably Lucy Lawless and her body really wasn't all that feminine.

Attached: mm+bio.jpg (1000x1500, 106K)

Come to eurocomics. We're mostly controversy free, despite some minor US outrage infiltration from time to time.

No, I'm just not a fan at all anymore.

Thor sucked apart from Kirby and Simonson. Man or woman. Fuck you if you disagree. You aren't a real fan.

/end

Could you imagine what would happen if they got a fitness model to play transformed Jane?

Could you imagine the outcry?

I really think we need a different term for 'phobic'.
Is it phobic to think a neuropsychological female/physical male is not a real woman, even post-transition, and such a transition may not be worth it?
And what does it mean to 'know' you are a woman in spite of having a male body?

That was me reposting the article:
I guess it's my fault for not adding meme arrows.

...? What was the first instance of this happening?

>Wasn't this an unpopular, disliked run in the comics though?

I hated it with the passion of a billion exploding suns, but apparently some people really love it.

Hmmm, that seems an interesting concept for a Secret Warp.

>The power of Thor, yes. But Thor is a name not a title.
While I would prefer that they didn't, Marvel has always treated Thor as a title that characters have when they wield Mjolnir.

>cardio bunny

bunnies are cute.

Attached: Cardio bunny.jpg (630x630, 29K)

>Marvel has always treated Thor as a title that characters have when they wield Mjolnir

No.

>live action Alita
it’s called Chronicle and it was good

Attached: D0EE5B2D-8E61-4CD9-A31D-0927BB08798F.png (420x420, 11K)

I mean once when he was replaced the guy covering for him went by thor but beta ray bill kept his name and thunderstrike came up with his own name. I just wanted to see the earth x version of thor pop up but nooooooo you fags just want the most boring shit possible when it comes to outright replacing things that are good and still viable

That's not how it worked in the Beta Ray Bill storyline.

*Akira
my brains don’t work no good

Alita not Akira

Is it phobic to think a neuropsychological female/physical male is not a real woman, even post-transition, and such a transition may not be worth it?
Yes.

I'm honestly just confused how she has the hammer.

Im not a capefag, im just here for the cartoons and "WILL THEY FUG!?" Webcomics.

Ikr

What if I just don't like Jane Foster specifically?

I don't like Bucky or Happy either

>Brooklyn

Anyone notice that just about all of the 'and thats a good thing' bloggers are in Brooklyn?

Attached: Capture.jpg (376x238, 19K)

There are other MCU movies.

(((that last name)))

Leishman? What about it?

It's English, apparently.
houseofnames.com/leishman-family-crest
Although it is amusing that it's derived from the root of the word "leech".

This is why you greentext.

American posters go apeshit whenever it comes to germanic names, because somehow they've convinced themselves that all the stein, berg, man, whatever names are all jewish even though they're just very typically European names.

Movie Bucky is a bit of a disaster because he's taken from the comics' retconned Bucky.

Isn't Brooklyn really "diverse" or something? That would explain why they worry so much about representation, that's the world outside their own window.

This is a parody of a big corporation infusing guilt among the consumer base using marxist tactics, right?

>So why are everyone acting as if she is?
Because they don't read comics, obviously. Do you honestly think these people ever read a single Thor comic, let alone something like Earth X? ffs, Jane has even had the hammer before as Thordis in What If, as had Rogue of all people, but they've probably never even heard of it.

This is a bad article. No one who seen these movies gives a shit if she's a woman not not. They just want the movie to be good. Like they pulled similar shit like this with Lady Ghostbusters and no one wanted it because it wasn't in theme with how the OG movies felt and was unfunny.

And Jane was a Bad Thor and still gets that reputation because Aaron wanted to make shitty 4th wall pandering out of character jokes. She got better later, but having her be a cancer patient just was a bad look because, to me, it made her look like a dumbass and for a world of magic and bullshit, her reasons to not want to get better were selfish and idiotic. Like I want to say there was an issue where someone asked of she wanted to get healed and she said no. I think she was better in other people's Team Books because she atleast acted like a person. Like her having Cancer wasnt treated as this thing we can ignore til we want it to matter. She actively had to lie to her Teammates about it before and Falcon, back when they were fucking, kinda told her that "no seriously, you need to get help." Just an interesting idea with trash exicution.

I think not wanting to see Nathalie Portman in a lead role means you're a fake movie fan

>marxist
Do you have any idea what that word means?

oh yes

this is pure example of praxis at work

just because a capitalist uses it doesn't mean it can't adapt it to its goals; that's the whole point of marxist definition of capitalism.

now fuck off

The only thing I was confused by is why she spoke in that "olde english accent" all the time. Does holding Mjolneir just mean you speak like that? Did jane ever speak like that before? Honestly when was the last time we saw jabe before whor?

when everyone is sexist, no one is

I wouldn't say it makes you a fake fan. It just makes you sexist

I thought there was no such thing as fake nerd, gamer or fan?

What is this gatekeeping?

Attached: enhanced-buzz-30216-1357319335-11.jpg (600x853, 124K)

I just wanna see buff Natalie Portman. Is that too much to ask?

>Thor's mythos is that anyone who is judged worthy by the hammer can have all the power of Thor.
k, but again, she's done nothing to be considered worthy. having an innie instead of an outtie is her only qualification.
the message here is that an average woman is qualified because all that an average woman endures makes her strong enough, that her struggle in being woman alone puts her on par with literal gods.
waiting in line extra long at strabucks and having a stranger glance at your butt because you're wearing yoga pants in public does not make you a hero and certainly does not make you a god.
that's pants on head retarded.

cool it with the antisemitism

>Posting the link to an archive of the article instead of linking to the article
I just want to say, as much as I hate this sort of thread, I wish more people who made them had the decency to at least do what you did.

stop giving that pathetic site attention. they're not worth our time.

>article written by a biased and sexist woman
so guessing this will be an Alternate Universe since the hammer no longer Exists in main universe and theres no Odin to enchant a new hammer

>fake fans call other people fake fans
What a world

>What has she done in the two films this version of her has appeared in to indicate she's worthy?

Attached: Because feminism.jpg (391x391, 32K)

I remember when trying to gatekeep by saying women were "fake nerds" and/or "not real fans" was sexist, unfair, and not inclusive.

Long live the New Cultural Revolution!

>People try to gatekeep women out of comics
>Time passes
>Women get into comics
>Women try to gatekeep the gatekeepers out of comics
What timeline is this

Attached: vr.jpg (233x216, 9K)

Are people calling out The Mary Sue in their comments section for gatekeeping or something?

>Rachel Leishman
Every time

The worst.

>Jacob Kurtzberg and Samuel Lieber
Every time.

Really it comes down to the director's tastes. Plenty of men like buff babes but they aren't the ones calling the shots.

Its also probably just easier finding a sticc with a pretty face that can act well then to find a buff woman with a pretty face that can act well. Being thin is relatively easy compared to getting stronk.

This is pretty much why video game babes are getting less curvaceous and obviously sexy too. Studios are moving on to mocap and using live action actors as models and there simply aren't very many women who are naturally born with traditional video game vixen bodies.

I don't read comics so yes I am a fake fan

It’s almost like there’s a pattern somewhere somehow

>Jane as Thor
Not a problem.
>Portman as Jane
A problem.

>38

Really? Damn. She looks at least 6 years older.

It's the original author's fault for their sub-Yea Forums-shitpost-tier writing.

They need to strictly mocap porn stars.

That Jews write things, both good and bad?

>If you don't like [corporate product] you are [accusation of bigotry]

It's all so fucking tiresome

Attached: 1537519588700.jpg (784x640, 44K)

>Occupying space and breathing air
Maybe you should stop doing those things and then people can stop complaining.

I loved Jane Foster. Aaron ruined her. Fuck this fake fan agitator dipshit telling me I'm a fake fan when I've read LITERALLY every Thor comic. Even the dogshit ones, alongside my dad who had been collecting them since he was a boy in the early 60s.

Attached: 1565368763068.png (298x415, 53K)

>Isn't Brooklyn really "diverse" or something?

It used to be, before all the "and that's a good thing" hipsters moved in and priced everyone else out.

Endgame is over. Am I suppose to care about this post-Thanos garbage?

Why can't everyone in Hollywood just fucking die so I don't have to listen to people bitch about identity politics

>Does holding Mjolneir just mean you speak like that?
Yes, sort of.

mmmmm why is Yea Forums afraid of the Portman Penis?

Ironic...

Attached: 1564435744541.jpg (1024x960, 115K)

Go dilate.

So why is/isn't she worthy again? Honestly being "worthy" sounds so fucking vague that the definition varies from person to person. I mean the only reason Donald Blake was "worthy" was because Thor was forcibly shoved into him by Odin, right? He was worthy of being Thor because he was already Thor. Since then though the definition seems to have become more about being a moral paragon or some such.

Considering how mad people around here get about lesbians and trannies in cartoons, I'd say no, it's not.

I have no problem with a woman wielding the hammer, it just has to be the right character.

Because the sentient super-storm trapped in the hammer said so
Also, isn't the hammer fucking destroyed/back in the past?
Give it to Mayday
Hell, give it to ultimate Jessica Drew so they can have a tranny Thor (but not really because clones shenanigans)

Brooklyn is one of the only areas of the country where the white percentage of the population increased over the last decade.

Women were already in comics, the ones that gave a shit at least. These new ones just want attention and want to inject their agenda and don't give a shit about comics.

Most of those jokers were only raised on MCU stuff, that is the only canon they know.

If they went with the earth x story line you'd literally have the tranny thor (kinda again) but it would be loved by fans

Jane had the hammer in a What-If, and there was Thor girl, What-if Rogue, and rule 63 Thor from Earth X. it's just Aaron who came in with his fake woke feminism and made a shitty comic and got bootyblasted at criticism.

Same way he's getting bootyblasted about people being pissed at what he did to Jen.

Imagine bothering to read or giving a fuck about corporate-backed clickbait in fucking 2019

Why are capeshit fans so fucking gullible

Everything was handled better in the What If to boot

Attached: Thordis 1.jpg (620x476, 87K)

Women don't actually have objective standards. They are hypocritical to the core and that is one of the main reasons why they shouldn't have a voice.

So are online media writers literally playing the priest, yelling "HERETIC!" at the masses?

To be fair, when the Whor thing started Marvel had already been scraping the bottom of the barrel and using stuff from What Ifs, so that's probably what happened.

There probably should be a lot of factors. It's pretty fair for Bill and Cap to wield it and Doom not being able to lift it, but after a version of Rogue and a kid from Power Pack were able, and now Jane because fuck you readers, it starts to look like a free-for-all.

>A thread about a Mary Sue article has lasted for 18 hours and has over 250 posts

What is wrong with you people.

Attached: 1549389367246.png (231x243, 37K)

That scene with the Avengers oogling her was my favorite. Janet is also happy about how she won't be the only woman and grrrrl power shit until she notices Hank is not paying attention to her.

Jane Foster as Thor was one of the weakest arcs run by Marvel in recent Memory
Natalie Portman as Jane Foster was one of the weakest parts of Thor and Thor: The Dark World.
Combining both of these elements is a recipe for disaster and acknowledging that doesn't make you a 'fake fan'

I'm just pissed they didn't cast a transgender nigger to be Whore. At least the female would look fit for the role. Hershlag is a scrawny jew cum dumpster

it fucking happened to me and countless others user. countless others.

I can't imagine Natalie Portman as any kind of "Thor." She'll almost certainly look like a bad cosplayer.

I'm not mad about it, I just don't care.

I've always been here to shitpost. You're doing it wrong.

I have no idea how they're going to sell such a tiny person as Thor

>Jason Aaron is a good writer
Yeah right faggot.

kek...im not even a fan at all !!!

Attached: twilley.png (309x315, 146K)

As a goofy comedy that all these people calling us fake fans will be deeply offended by for suggesting that a literal twig person isn't stupendously powerful without god hax

His work on Southern Bastards is good. It's a shame he'll never fucking get back on it instead of writing shit at Marvel. Much like Spencer and Bedlam.

Attached: 1392701004154.jpg (642x630, 121K)

one decent comic does not make him a good writer, it makes him lucky

No. We're talking about how 10ish years ago, when there was a coordinated push by feminists and media outlets The Mary Sue and Cracked to "let women in" to nerdy hobbies. They would bloviate about how we were all pedantic sexist gatekeepers for pointing out that a bunch of these women were not actually interested in the subculture, but looking to score easy money and attention off of lonely autistic dudes. People like girls though, and the media was really effective. So eventually the furor died down, and the term "fake geek/gamer/nerd girl" became more associated with bigoted men who were unwilling to budge, than with the posers themselves.

Fast-forward to today:
"E-Girls" like Amouranth and Pink Sparkles are a massive portion of Twitch traffic. Belle Delphine became a mutlimillionaire selling lewd cosplay pics and "Gamer Girl Bathwater". And now the same women who told us that gatekeeping and exclusivity were horrible things are saying that anybody who doesn't praise their Maoist revisionism of Mighty Thor isn't a "real fan".

THE FUTURE IS FEMALE!

Attached: maxresdefault_(2).jpg (1280x720, 91K)

This reads exactly like a Yea Forums shitpost. It's only missing a reaction image. Look:

>Being mad that Jane Foster is worthy of the hammer shows that you know nothing of the Thor comics and, more importantly, shows you’re sexist. Yeah, I said it. SEXIST.

>If Thor and Steve Rogers can be worthy of the hammer, why can’t Jane Foster? Because she has a vagina?

Attached: akko_angry2.jpg (361x361, 17K)

That's a fallacy

Predictable, if you know how to spot the signs. Very powerful real estate interests like Charles Kushner lobbied to get "low income" housing built in previously stable neighborhoods. The subsequent increase in crime caused "white flight" and drove the property values down. After which, land barons like Kushner would buy up a bunch of the buildings for pennies, build/remodel new apartments/condos, and then sell them to rich white hipsters for ridiculous profits.

Similar thing is happening in Detroit.

Logical consistency and sound argumentation is counter-revolutionary and sexist.