Main characters of Amphibia and Infinity Train, respectively, Anne and Tulip are just normal girls with human flaws

>main characters of Amphibia and Infinity Train, respectively, Anne and Tulip are just normal girls with human flaws
>Star Butterfly is a plot-armored sociopath with magic powers, the equivalent of giving a chimp a machine gun
>Anne and Tulip grow as persons and become better, maturer and wiser as a result
>Star gets some spic cock at the cost of countless lives and generations of strife from forcing the dimensions and their peoples together, and this is seen as a good thing

Where were you when men wrote better and more likable girls than an actual girl?

Attached: 1565196263146.png (735x598, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PbAU2ETBUes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are all Amphibia "fans" Star Vs fags? It's hard to take them seriously because they keep bringing up Star Vs like it was ever good

Because Amphibia is a show that does things right that Star Vs. gets so horribly wrong. Sometimes you need a bad thing to better appreciate the good that comes after.

Take your console war shit back to Yea Forums

You mad Sonybrony?

If Anne becomes lesbo, the whole show is shit

How can she become lesbo when she one was from the start?

This has always been the case

>and Tulip
Infinity train sucked. Star Vs was the best show of the three until s3-4 fucked it up. Amphibia is good tho

>all these new strong female protagonists
>not one of them likes boys

Attached: 1312925348376.jpg (324x291, 25K)

We don't actually know much about the Amphibia girls' lives on Earth, and I doubt they're gonna start crushing on newts. Tulip only interacted with robots and animals, no dick to be had there. None.

The first 2 seasons and movie of SvtFoE were good, deal with it. If you didn't like them you probably won't like Amphibia. And yeah there are some similarities (cute girl in early teens gets isekai'd to another world with magic, befriends a boy, has adventures as well as comical fish-out-of-water experiences).

>Females post 2010
>Showing interest in males
Sexist.

I give Anne a break for that, she's surrounded by frogs. The only humans anywhere near her are female. I wouldn't blame her for going prison gay, or just being celibate while she's in Amphibia.

I wouldn't really say that, I think probably 90% of male writers suck at writing women. Just take literature as an example. But the ones who are good at it do write the best ones. Like just look at comics. You have the women Seeley, Rucka, and Claremont write...and then you have Lumberjanes and Monstress

>The only humans anywhere near her are female. I wouldn't blame her for going prison gay
thats what frogs do

Not really a comics person. Who's good and who's bad?

I like Amphibia and I thought Star Vs. was mediocre.

>main character of Invader Zim, Dib, is a cute boy

Attached: 1566017516953.jpg (778x1024, 68K)

Have you SEEN boys? What’s to like?

Best post itt

Neither of them likes girls either.

The guys I mentioned are good. Tim Seeley is basically in a class of his own for writing women, he makes them really nuanced and likeable despite having flaws, the same as his male characters. Chris Claremont was kind of revolutionary for his X-Men stuff in the 70s and 80s and one of the things he did best was write multi-dimensional (and angsty) women. Forgot to mention Marc Andreyko. He and Rucka have kind of made writing good women their calling cards.

Monstress and Lumberjanes are both written by women. Monstress is not a bad comic but the protagonist is the absolute worst and most one-dimensional STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONIST cliche you will ever see. When I think of terrible women characters she comes to mind so quick...

Tulip and Anne never really had any opportunities to be around boys, unless you want Tulip to get dicked by a corgi and Anne to suck frog cock.

I'm going to assume that lumberjanes is in the same league?

It's written by the head writer/director of the new She-Ra show
Make of that what you will

Luz will be the greatest female protagonist

Attached: ae0753f26809c2e357de53273377f3ed.png (540x710, 261K)

She doesn't look like she's going to be.

Who wouldn’t?

Don't give us ideas

How should she look like then?

She's way too androgynously quirky. I suppose that's not really an indicator, but her whole show seems offensively quirky compared to frogs and trains.

>The first 2 seasons and movie of SvtFoE were good
The fucking delusion lmao

Star was a trash since episode 1. OP is absolutely right. Star has always been insufferable Mary Sue bitch with the world spinning around her.

You know why Between Friends is one of the only good things to come out of Star Vs.?
The real Star in the TV series is a self absorbed feminist wannabe. Area's Star actually cares about Marco beyond a physical attraction like Star has for Marco's abs. TV Star has no substance, just like her creator Daron Nefcy.

As St. John of the Cross once said,
>"Where there is no love, put love, and you will draw out love."

The very epitome of Starco's image as a cute and wholesome ship is no better personified than in Area's comic, creating an interpretation of the character that trumps canon and creates something beautiful where canon has failed to.

Attached: 1565235102827.jpg (604x832, 167K)

The main problem with star vs was the show was basically Nefcy's fetish journal.

At least Owl house has the protagonist interacting with other human characters and not a bunch of cartoon animals.

That's a little speciesist, user. Frogs are people too.

Men write female characters from an idealised male perspective where women are three-dimensional, well-rounded and complex.

Women write female characters from an actual female perspective where they're all self-absorbed sociopaths fixated on their own short-term happiness and nothing else.

no star should be a cuckquean.

that's basically it.

Marco's innocent love should be reserved for everyone who isn't Star (even the other guys Star is attempting to court).

We don't know a damn thing about her.

in the pitch she's a textbook marie sue.

This is the best thing in this show.
youtube.com/watch?v=PbAU2ETBUes

Attached: 156843365323533.jpg (640x640, 48K)

blondie is getting fucked by the old grumpy frog and you know it

Now that I think about it, aren't most of us really just self-absorbed sociopaths fixated on their own short-term happiness? Real people tend not to be that complex with full fleshed out backstories.

Implying any toad would fuck a mammal.

With Anne and Tulip they haven't really had an opportunity.
Anne's surrounded by frogs and Tulip only has a dog and robot.
Besides, does every cartoon need a love interest for the MC?

Well, if rumor is to be believed, Star VS should have been much closer to Amphibia and IT than it ended up being.
And all that really remained of the original concept is the first and last minutes of the show, with Daron's hopes and dreams burning in the background because magic being real made it a terrible, terrible farce.

Also, I think we are seeing the evolution of normalizing writing for female MCs.
Away from
>Can't be done, over
>What marvelous curiosity!
>This MUST be maximum relatable to a shallow fantasy of girls we have constructed!
> And raw raw fight the patriarchy-ish-thing, I guess...
Towards female heroic characters who are treated little different than male characters in the same unusual situation, with just as much suspension of disbelief when it comes to being really good at relevant stuff and looking cool when appropriate.
And then you turn around to notice cartoons just landed where Ghibli has been for decades.

>Real people tend not to be that complex with full fleshed out backstories.
are you autistic

If that was true, he's really tame.
Don't make me get the Totally Spies.

Star butterfly

>girl writes her self-insert
>men feel a need to write decent female characters lest they be accused of things

kek. Also Star breaks up with Marco after the series ends so it was all pointless, thanks for playing.

>Besides, does every cartoon need a love interest for the MC?
Right now? I don't think so.

>>men feel a need to write decent female characters lest they be accused of things
That's not in contradiction with writing a self-insert.

she is going to be a cringe fan fic writer, but i'll stand by her

Attached: fanfic.jpg (497x680, 63K)

pearl is best squid

Star only loves sex, not boys.

All of Star is trash. It was trash from day one and it somehow managed to get even worse. Amphibia is fantastic.

Movie? What movie?

no, he's just retarded

The Battle For Mewni movie/special. It was good and Giancarlo Volpe and some other guy left right after that.

No, you just have main character syndrome

Movie is stupid way to describe it. It’s just a set of episodes

Star was a much wiser and more mature character for most of the last season, right up until the stupid "destroy all the magic" thing. Most of season 4 had Eclipsa running around acting like season 1 Star: She was impulsive, gave a shit about ruling the kingdom but didn't want the responsibility it entailed, and threw around magic to solve her problems without thinking about the consequences. Star was the one who had to constantly call her out on her shit, because she'd long since learned that she had to put aside her personal wishes for the good of the kingdom.

Then the final stretch happened and her character arc fell apart.

Why don't you try watching it first before deciding that?

>farce
I just... really fucking hate Star Vs. the Forces of Evil? I feel like I got meme'd into thinking it'd be good.
Look, I've watched Sugar's work. Steven Universe is often lumped into "the s 0 y trilogy" with this show and I honestly find that unfair and insulting to Sugar.
To call Star Vs. the Forces of Evil "farcical" would be to undercut the sheer magnitude of bullshit it employs. Plot threads that arise only to contrive one another. Hundreds of pages of nigh-endless, retconning lore that establish a lot of important, but ultimately pointless worldbuilding. All to justify the most interesting character spending most of his screentime lying in wait only to job to a Super Saiyan butterfly.

I mean, not to call /ourgirl/ Daron Nefcy a hack or anything, but her magnum opus just feels needlessly cryptic and tone-deaf. Don't get meme'd into watching it, it's Gravity Falls for people who hate fun.

Attached: 1563866797370.jpg (1345x1457, 288K)

>Where were you when men wrote better and more likable girls than an actual girl?

Yeah but the girls written by girls are more realistic. Because they're awful.

N-no

Attached: IMG_20190607_152833_028.jpg (587x610, 190K)

Thai restaurant user here. I start Tuesday!

Attached: 1564518183432.jpg (3000x3000, 626K)

>Amphibifags so desperate they have to keep shitting on other shows to sell their own
Please don't include IT in your shitposting, it was a good short show and doesn't deserve to be included in your flame wars.

Episode is a stupid way to describe it. It's just a bunch of pictures and sounds in sequence.

yeah, that didn't make you sound as smart as you think there.

Based!

She makes fantasy beasts that are chimeras made with animal parts. I think that's bit more than just cringe.

What would you do if big-tittied Anne hugged you platonically?

Attached: Anne with Big ol Boobers.png (1920x1080, 911K)

Jizz in my pants platonically.

You ever take a second to consider just how long you've been at this for, Misha? I'm fairly sure it's long enough to qualify as a disease. What kind of life do you lead that makes you so starved for attention?

>Fuck off back to R3ddit you stupid niggerfaggot poltard.

Fuck off back to R3ddit, you stupid niggerfaggot frog.

>androgynously quirky
>offensively quirky
How do so many people in this board not know what a tomboy is?
And no, it's not a tranny

Attached: the fuck am I reading.png (489x232, 93K)

I did watch it. I watched halfway through S1 and dropped it because it was utter rancid piss. Then people said it had gotten good in S2, and that to understand I needed to watch the last episode of S1, so I gave it another go. I got up to just after the episode where the book gets stolen and dropped it again because it turned out it was still absolute horrendous garbage.

Finally, people said it had for real gotten good, and out of sheer boredom at this point, I watched the newer season. I resolved to continue watching at this point, mostly on an extra monitor while doing something else, so I could confidently say that at no point was the show anything but the direst of slop.

Noelle wrote the initial issues. I think she lasted up to 19. The big problem with lumberjanes is that everyone is kind of the same character they all get along and you told me to name they besides JO I could not help you. It’s a big problem with Noelle in general that her characters can all sound the same unless.

>letting your politics ruin Gravity Falls for you
Truly a wretched state of existence.

Worked. Seething, coping and spouting the same meme over and over.
You're the only mentioning politics here, fucko

Jizz in my pants romantically.

Imagine wasting trips on this salty autismpost

She's 13, dude

puberty is a bitch. sometime the tits grow first and look enormous on a kid's body frame.

>Anne's reaction
What now?

Attached: Anne Creepy Aroused.png (704x601, 216K)

...and? It's a valid question, and an awkward situation.

Eclipsa was a mistake.

Ask her out

Instantly and obsessively fall in love

Attached: 1562182700533.png (542x477, 368K)

>uses the term soi
>not politically motivated
Why even bother pretending?

Wtf does that term have to do with politics? Laughing at cringey effeminate dudes is a political statement now?

No, you're just autistic and/or a woman.

>girl showrunner spergs out and inserts every single one of her fanfic tier ideas into her own show because she can
Not surprising considering it's Nefcy we are talking about. Also nice job omitting based Twelve Forever.

Attached: reggie scoff.jpg (733x586, 196K)

It's been a right-wing meme for years. I don't need to tell you this, though, you're just being intentionally obtuse.

Luzef Mengele.

Would nu She-ra be the mythic 4th flavor?

Attached: Abby_Lincoln.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Yeah, Gravity Falls ruins itself already

Seems simply artistic to me. I guess not everyone would be into this kind of shit, but cringe in itself?

>It's been a right-wing meme for years.
Jesus christ, what a retard.

There's tomboy and there's losing every single gender signfier.

This will get a tv trope of its own soon at this rate.

Scintillating argument.

Yeah me and my male friends love wearing crop-top hoodies, jorts, and tights

Stop being a fucking retard, women can have short hair

>it's been a right-wing meme

And there aren't y o s-boys on the right to make fun of too?

argument against what? You are being a stupid fanatic that tries to make this thread political because that's all that drives you life these days.

In that there are frail, blubbery boy-men? Sure, of course. But the whole soi thing is something that was co-opted by the right wing as a way of identifying 'leftist' stuff ages ago. They don't even use it to refer to effeminate men anymore, they just call anything left of Bannon soi.

They eventually came to believe the meme so fully that their youtuber idols started making money by selling 'soi-free' (note: they actually had soi in them) products that provide the health benefits of soi without the made up meme shit the right convinced themselves into believing.

Luz isn't a real woman, she's a fictional character and is designed with specific ideas in mind. In this sense I find her design overly quirky. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

Damn that’s so shit taste

>made by one of Star vs’ worst writers
Doubt it. My prediction is that just like Star it will field a bunch of interesting characters and plot lines but unlike Star it’ll piss away all it’s potential in the second half of season one

I don't even understand why there are people squabbling about Amphibia and Infinity Train. They were both really good. Star Vs was unmitigated garbage tho.

>but unlike Star it’ll piss away all it’s potential in the second half of season one
>unlike Star

Attached: haha haa.jpg (396x386, 18K)

Except Nu-ra is based, redpilled and is the best cartoon going right now.

It's Summer Camp Island.

Star still had a bunch going for it up until we started dealing with shipping and eclipsa shit.

I wish Anne was real so she could be my girlfriend.

People just shitpost.

>being so s o i you can't enjoy a harmless meme without piping about "muh awlt ryte bogeyman"

Attached: smug_dawn.jpg (286x385, 47K)

What, exactly? It seemed to me like it had flat, inconsistent characters, zero humour, and a meandering uninteresting story that only really kicked in at the very end of the first season.

It had potential for like two episodes at the very start of S2. Then it immediately plunged back into the realms of lolsorandumb shittery.

>if I pretend I pretend I wasn't dragging /pol/shit into the thread, people will totally think I'm in the right here
Please, stop.

Oh, so you just have shit taste, my bad.

You mean she's a character in a fanfic of an established story, and the plot suddenly revolves around her, with all established characters immediately liking her as soon as she shows up?

The term is author insert / wish fulfillment character, which is part of what "Mary Sue" has been informally extended to mean, but if you're invoking textbook examples, you should get it right by printed definitions.

"Storm the Castle" will always be the high point of Star Vs.

I couldn't stand S1 when I started watching, but once Toffee came in it felt like it was gonna get good. How did such a shitty show produce such a kino episode? It's like that point early on in Steven Universe where Homeworld captures the MCs and Lapis, the show memes you into thinking the mytharc will be great.

Attached: marco 69ing his mom.png (994x638, 664K)

Especially with the external fertilization and all.

There exactly four good episodes in the entirety of Star Vs. Just give it up.

>pretend I wasn't dragging /pol/shit into the thread
You were the one who mentioned politics first, s o i tard.

Attached: star-listening-to-your-bitch-tears.jpg (2448x3264, 1.59M)

For me, the "this gon b gud" episode of SU was Lapis' introduction. That episode was some classy shit. It didn't become clear that shit was not on the way to delivering until... I think the Cluster?

Thank you Jesus, for this massive kek I enjoy today.

Attached: laughing cavemen.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>Mewberty
>St. Olga's Reform School for Wayward >Princesses
>Storm the Castle
>Ludo in the Wild
>Running with Scissors
>Toffee
>Stump Day
>Princess Quasar Caterpillar and the Magic Bell
>Mama Star

I came up with ten. What's your list?

>idiot /pol/ack is also a starfag
Christ, you people really are a parody of yourselves.

>Mewberty
>look she is so horny lol she kidnaps boys and no one can stop her so cute!
It's shit

Storm the Castle, Ludo in the Wild, BMB (and, really, that just had one intriguing scene), and whatever the career's advice episode was called. The rest, to be quite honest, did not elicit even a single smile from me.

Are you just saying that because you're a straight guy, or you've just seen butt-ugly ones?

It's clearly one long episodes divided into parts. When it first aired it was like that

Amphibia just started.

They haven't even had four seasons to completely ruin everything yet.

Christ you fags make Yea Forums look civilized. Are you really not allowed to like more than one show? What the fuck?

she told me she was 18 she told me she was 18

>girl showrunner
>girl

amphibia fags are Star Vs fags hopping on a new bandwagon and acting like its the apex of cartoons, when in reality this is exactly what happened with Star Vs.

This. Holy fucking shit.

an average human's life consists of the same thing. they were born, went to school, got a job, and then they died. very few people actually have any genuinely exciting things happen to them.

>why no, /pol/ does not live in my head rent-free, why would you think that?

Attached: artemis.jpg (625x595, 45K)

Is there more cute art of Anne in that dress? She cleans up amazingly, like she did with the tux.

>tfw no tomboy gf who can pull off either feminine or boyish looks at any time

More
>look she's actually an alien, and this causes wacky hijinks
>background and secondary characters have the fun parts while Star and Marco set the stage
Also had good character-defining moments for Janna, Glossaryck, and Oscar.

What do we think of Proto-Marcy?

I would only be upset if they don't make Anne lesbo for Sasha

Forgot the image

Attached: GravBetaMarcy.png (1280x1043, 487K)

If she turns out to be a bitch then that look would at least be better

wow it's literally me

Actually it's great, fag.

Tumblr has thoroughly destroyed Yea Forums.

cute but not threatening

fuck Star. she deserves to be raped by me.

Is she gonna find any other humans in Amphibia?
Like male humans of the male kind?

Attached: 1562823351193.jpg (1361x759, 414K)

Human males arent allowed to be in nu-disney cartoons, and if they are they have to be effeminate and pathetic

I thought tumblr was too busy destroying itself to wreck co. But yeah, this is a board for comics and cartoons, so why are people surprized that they can find people who like comics and cartoons here?

She will probably will never get human dick,but she will definitely get some frog dick.

Attached: 3157290 - AmonZone Amphibia Anne_Boonchuy Pepe Sprig_Plantar meme.png (800x942, 441K)

Attached: 1566100755822 (2).png (253x345, 58K)

bump

Julia is very much girl. You must be mistaking for Tranny Petoski who is just an exec and not on the creative team.

Attached: Julia-Vickerman.jpg (1280x853, 244K)

>male humans of the male kind

Attached: 1563691594978.jpg (236x257, 26K)

If it makes you feel better, user I enjoyed Amphibia and have always hated Star Vs. From the very beginning (due to, YES, Star being an unlikable/terrible Mary Sue retard), unless the focus was on Ludo and/or Toffee, of course (that show's ONLY true bright spots.).

I'm just hoping The Owl House, can be just as good, if not better, than Amphibia, via like Amphibia, actually being good and worth watching from beginning to end, unlike Star Vs. Her Own Fucking Obnoxiousness.

>Seething this much
>Being this delusional
Oh, Starfag. Your show isn't as good as you think it is. And that's for all 4 seasons. Not even Ludo and Toffee (the best characters on that crappy show) could save it, either.

Self Inserts.

Go figure.

Twelve forever gets omitted because Reggie is so much better than these other protagonists

Attached: d8vjbsu-6c07f1af-ceb4-47cb-a1b7-1e80b5b08705.png (800x1400, 522K)