So is Vasquez ever going to resolve Dib and Zim's battle or are they just going to do this endlessly ala Batman/Joker...

So is Vasquez ever going to resolve Dib and Zim's battle or are they just going to do this endlessly ala Batman/Joker? This was probably his last opportunity to resolve the story and he blew it

Attached: Enemies_at_Skool_Cafeteria.png (1027x678, 757K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9eKOqh-E5WPa3hLTGFiS0MzS0k/view?pref=2&pli=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Things are always the same next week anyways. It’s a Batman/Joker Thing.

It's not a "story." It's more of a "routine."

zim eventually grows bored of earth and tries to conquer other planets
>dibs follows him like a shadow destroying his plans

No, and if you think they ever will you're watching the wrong series. Invader Zim is about a Mexican graphic novel artist's dopey kid-self fighting his crippling social anxiety and workaholic tendencies given life as a green alien invader. They're always destined to fight eachother in every possible reality, with no clear winner.

Attached: jho.jpg (1000x1330, 495K)

Batman/Joker is symbiotic relationship where they both need each other at the expense of everyone else. Zim/Dib is just status quo-friendly and Florpus sucked because of that.

>Dib is the Hero of the universe
Based

Zim also needs Dib, in Mopiness of Doom, he’s miserable and Dib needs Zim to prove aliens exist.

Batman doesn't need the Joker you casual. Batman/Joker is just bad writing

Batman “needing” Joker is just a way of saying he needs a constant source of misery in his life as an excuse to keep being the dark, edgy, brooding Batman we all know and love. He could honestly get it from any villian but Joker is just better at supplying said misery.

Vice versa, if Batman didn’t exist Joker could either give up and live a happy life or just torment some other hero. They don’t “need” each other but they do constantly feed off of the other’s influence.

Attached: AC57FD05-C4C1-449B-9593-6AC60FB3C830.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

it is bad writing because they need each other.

"Zim always was seeking acknowledgment from his leaders. And Dib was always incredibly frustrated by his dad’s disrespect of Dib’s job, and function, and mission in the world. And they’ve always kind of had that parallel, Dib with his dad and Zim with his”dads.” It’s not like, “Hey, show me that you love me.” It’s like, “Hey, acknowledge that I’m amazing.”

Because these characters are jerks. You have to like still retain that core of being jerks. Dib didn’t just want to save the world. He wants you to know that he saved the world. But Dib needs to be recognized. That’s why everything in the story happens. He’s as much a villain as Zim is. Because everyone always want for Zim and Dib to try and … well , I wouldn’t say everyone. I would just say broken people. But they do help each other. Just not on purpose.

Dib is a partner, in a weird way, to Zim, by allowing for this awful stuff to happen. Dib’s just human enough to realize, “Oh my God. I really screwed up. And now I have to really stop Zim instead of just stopping him for glory.” You know, there’s a little bit more to this movie then there ever was for a typical episode but my hope is that people still like the characters and the world and isn’t just a completely different take on Zim."
-Jhonen Vasquez

Attached: Invader Zim 013-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.55M)

As much as it pains me to say it, and as much as I usually despise this stupid fucking trope, Mopiness of Doom showed that on some level Zim and Dib were friends.

Zim obviously needed the constant acknowledgment of his prowess that Dib gave him, but Dib could’ve been much happier if he’d stuck with his Dad and embraced his natural talents in science.
In the end Dib returns more out of guilt for the state he’s left Zim in and is obviously happy to see him reinvigorated by their conflict. Their conflict is partly what they say it is, partly to earn validation but also because they enjoy being part of that conflict together.

Believe me though, most other cases of the “Hero & Villian are secretly friends” trope are pure shit.

Attached: 071897C0-04D3-4819-AEF3-06847AAC2C7E.png (720x540, 161K)

But this was the end of the series though the tallest and there are already died

If they ever were gonna resolve it like Invader Dib would have it will probably be something like Zim snapping and going full nuclear. It ends with Dib saving the universe only for it to turn out that Zim and the other Irkins ended up in some other universe of monsters. It ends with Zim laughing and setting off to conquer them all through mass destruction and shenanigans. So in a sense they both end up winning

and Zim and Dib are still bologna. nobody buys this as the finale.

Attached: 1551877883987.png (500x375, 271K)

The Tallest and many others have "died" or something crazy happens to them only for the next episode or several later to return as nothing has happened. Vasquez has said that the show is very episodic so there is little in the way of continuity outside of small references and major characters.

Invader Zim barely had any continuity.
In fact, the show got canned just as it was trying to introduce continuity with things like Tak's ship, Skoodge living with Zim, The Resisty and most importantly: Minimoose.

They will be gay

No definitive ending, and the Tallest aren't even dead they're stuck in a hell dimension.

Nah, their needy “relationship” is a meme. Joker does want to kill Batman eventually, and Batman only tolerates Joker because he refuses to kill and end the problem. This whole feeding off each other bullshit is only because writers try to give faux deep in-universe explanations for why the comics business has to maintain the status quo.

If the tallest get out will they immediately go murder zim?

Joker doesn’t want to kill Batman, he wants to corrupt him into abandoning his self-righteous no killing rule. That’s a pretty big staple of all their most fundamental stories.

Attached: 3FFC247B-3E57-4A4A-9878-E523CE2678CF.jpg (999x772, 129K)

Fuck your resolution, most shows don’t need one.

They didn't murder Zim the million other times he fucked them

He didn't blow it, he said he didn't want to resolve the story. Nick probably wanted to at least have the possibility of doing another special or two.

It's a cartoon
that's like asking for Looney Tunes to resolve the battle between Bugs and Elmer Fudd

The comics are still going so if anything it might end there.

where did you take this from?

They don´t want to kill Zim, they just want to stay as far away from him as possible. They know Zim is a walking disaster. Trying to kill him would probably only end up in more chaos being released. Hell, the unused script "The Trial" was about the Tallest finally trying to kill him once and for all, and the end had Zim becoming the new leader of the Irken empire.

Here

thanks

>all this rationalizing and DEEP reasons for the status quo
Bullshit.
Jhonen is just a middle-aged man who couldn't care less about advancing some story he came up with 20 years ago.

I guarantee you the original series would've had a punchline if it had run to completion, something resolving the conflict. Vasquez is influenced way more by plot-driven anime and games rather than golden age toons.

I don't think he really cares about the story of IZ that much.

This is like asking for Tom and Jerry to stop fighting the other. There will be no real resolution to their rivalry.
Their relationship has always been "One starts dumb shit. The other one wants to go after the one starting dumb shit. The one who started dumb shit gets thwarted but gets away for another day to start dumb shit all over again" from day one. Plus having a Zim with no Dib to stop him and a Dib with no Zim to stop is just boring when you think about it.

Zim may be a ridicolous, over the top show, but it has always been well thought. The reason it´s so great is that there´s a logic behind the madness.
Zim is one of the greatest cartoon characters ever because his egotism and stupidity are so ingrained in who he is that it makes him special. He´s actually a pretty competent scientist and invader, but he always fucks up because he can´t contain himself from doing something completely idiotic for petty reasons. He´s useless, but he´s also invincible, because every time you try to kill him, he does something so out of left field that gets him out of that trouble and makes your life 10 times worse. He´s stuck in a limbo of victories and failures which he is happily oblivious to.
This isn´t just shit I´m sticking out of my ass, Jhonen has gone in record on how he actually has thought about these characters a lot, and how they work. It´s what makes these characters so memorable among the multiple egotistical jerk villains in cartoons.

Attached: 2%.jpg (313x258, 32K)

>Skoodge? I thought the Tallest killed you
>Yeah but I'm okay now

I miss Skoodge.

it will happen sooner or later

Attached: 4ce83ccdbb0d114ffdb9c0348fd85f1b.gif (256x192, 273K)

Have you heard the Voot News, anons?

Attached: 1509409359012.png (1350x1857, 3.84M)

Attached: 1509409640651.png (2550x3508, 2.7M)

Got a link for that?
Me too, but he's way too powerful so it's understandable he doesn't come back

Attached: 1509409772592.png (2550x3508, 2.52M)

I almost feel bad for them.

Here you go:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9eKOqh-E5WPa3hLTGFiS0MzS0k/view?pref=2&pli=1

Attached: 1509409838998.png (2550x3508, 2.27M)

Of course they are going to keep fighting endlessly i mean what show about a boy against an Alien actualy resolve anything at the end

Invader Zim cleary not
Kid vs Kat neither
that spanish show with the pumpkin alien girl oh fuck no

>could care less

In the proposed TV movie fonale Invader Dib, Invader Tenn would have been kidnapped by the Meekrob and The Resisty, and an all-out war would happen between the Meekrob and the Irkens. Dib pairs up with Tak and became ambassador to the Meekrob, and the final showdown happened between him and Zim.

It is not known who would've been victorious; some say Dib won and launched Zim into an asteroid, while others say Zim won, became the Almighty Tallest, conquered Earth/the universe, and banished Dib and Tak to the rings of Saturn (or Jupiter).

Who would you have wanted to win?

Attached: jenfoxworth-invader-dib-cover.jpg (1159x1302, 1.05M)

Zim so Dib and Tak could fuck on some deserted planet

Mama mia

Attached: 1565801940870.png (600x600, 330K)

I forgot Rodger Bumpass was the voice of Dr. Membrane, that guy has a ton of range.

Attached: 1488336B-6875-4C5F-B583-C9B52C1C9D70.jpg (480x368, 36K)

Yeah i need to go to youtube and listen to both characters back to back because I couldnt decipher much squidward in membranes voice