You know what pain really is? Knowing that you wont live to see the year 2099

You know what pain really is? Knowing that you wont live to see the year 2099

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjAvNjY5L2kwMi8yMDk5LmpwZw==.jpeg.jpg (575x261, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_therapy
futuretimeline.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never say never. And besides, I can't imagine what's in store for the average person eighty years from now. If 2019 is a nightmare, 2099 will be Hell.

I might make it to 110. It's not likely, but it is possible.

I will be 104.

Maybe I won't live to see it but my harvested blood will exist in it fueling a rich guy's heart and so in a way I'm there too.

By the year 2099 the word gender will be done away completely.

At the rate we're going, we'll be lucky to see 2025.

>107 years old
Yeah I'm probably not going to make it.

I'll be 111. I guess I could possibly live long enough to see it

Remember to check it when you dies.

>99 years old
Maybe I could.

>105
Better change my diet, exercise more, and stop stressing out about things.
Although I am inclined to concur with and I leave it to God.

>wanting to live in a KikePunk dystopia
No thanks, this period is tough as is. I feel sorry for those generations...

Naturally

Seriously? You're an idiot

If humans can live up to 120 years, which is rare but possible, I just might.

with medical advances, it's entirely possible that by that time people will live well over 100 years

The medicine for that is already possible and its being hoarded by the ultra rich

Probably will not make it to 105

What does this have to do with Yea Forums?

With my obesity, I'll be lucky to see 2040
Not that I care much.

Tell me, what’s your political beliefs, and thoughts on women and minorities?

I don't think such medical advances will happen within this generation

>We will never get to see this happen

Attached: B316E0B1-BCCD-45F3-89BE-10E1712425FB.jpg (990x299, 97K)

Says who, Boomer?

Based fellow 92 user

One of the most underrated runs that marvel did. Loved Ravage. Just bought the first Punisher 2099 and Spider-Man 2099 as well. Been on a kick of buying issues. Anyone here have any 2099 comics?

X men 2099 is shit.

Are you retarded?

An even worse pain is not making it to 2119 to see 30yr olds talk about how much better cartoons were in 2099.

I won't live to see 2022

If the Rapture hasn't happened yet I'd imagine we all be alive because all our Consciousness will be uploaded and to some weird City like internet thing where we live forever until the server gets destroyed by God naturally

It was actually one of the more popular 2099 runs. Why is it shit?

>104
My great grandmother lived till 107. I'm hopeful.

>this period is tough

Attached: 1536995937827.png (354x394, 364K)

Also, Hulk 2099 was good and I really thought Ghost Rider 2099 was original and refreshing.

Attached: D2158CC2-596A-4CA9-BC66-CB7345AF1CAA.jpg (1323x2009, 847K)

Life extension is tricky because once we start we might be able to chain them together. And we really only have to live until brain-in-a-box is possible.
I mean it sounds scary as fuck and figuring out how much of your personality is coming from your brain and how much is from the rest of your body is a can of worms we're definitely not ready to deal with. Still I'd take that instead of dying any day of the week.

Immortality is in itself a curse.

I'll have to live to 112
don't think i'll make it

Do you think comic books will still exist by 2099?

>Hulk 2099 was good

That was one of the worst fucking comics of the 90s and that's saying something.

Ghost Rider 2099 was interesting in concept, but mediocre (and that's being generous) in execution.

Marvel 2099 (at least the original few titles) were legitimately the coolest "guilty pleasure" in all of comics in the 90s. None of it was particularly well written or well drawn, but it was just such a cool concept that I can never help having a soft spot for it.

They’ll be like holobooks probably

Absolutely, I also liked how all of the characters had cool original stories and ways that they got their powers.

>Tfw 100
Old niggas btfo

Ah the new 90’s kids. Eh our 90’s cartoons will have blown theirs out the water

>Ghost Rider 2099 was interesting in concept, but mediocre (and that's being generous) in execution.
GR2099 was really cool how Zero’s “soul” was transferred to the web and he’s essentially in the body of a Terminator Robot. The comic also had cool art.

Attached: 46300E58-D81B-43BA-AA5A-5E39B14E9D18.jpg (1242x1731, 3.06M)

Now what will the 2090’s kids think of Marvel 2199?

This

Wonder what Marvels gonna do with him if they survive until 2211

Attached: 1554669891298.jpg (988x1500, 1.53M)

>That was one of the worst fucking comics of the 90s and that's saying something.
Oh c’mon now it wasn’t the best but it wasn’t terrible

>2049 is 40 years away
>2099 is 80 years away
We might not even see either bros

is 40 years away

You wanna take another swing at that, sport?

>some people are still living in 2009

>116
I don't think it's gonna happen for me lads
Maybe I can upload my consciousness to the net and hitch a ride out with Zero Cochrane.

Attached: 001_012.jpg (1000x1493, 846K)

Good.
I can't even imagine getting old.
I kinda hope I die young.

Nah, GR2099 and Doom 2099 were the best of the line.

Ooooh, wait until next decade.

>Nah, GR2099 and Doom 2099 were the best of the line.
Also when Doom hacked into Zero’s mind and made him work for shield. Also Doom making the Punisher his Minister of Punishment

This was one of my favorite aspects of GR2099, I would pay good money for this to be a show

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_therapy

We’re in that time now desu with Zuckerberg, and Gates, and Bezos. When the corporations start having standing armies shit will hit the fan.

They wouldn't need standing armies when they can just contract PMCs to do their unsavory work for them.

Same thing, private police or security force

Sounds like an Ancap wonderland

Hey hey hey, we'll all be under water by 2040, relax.

>None of it was particularly well written
You cannot tell me Pat Mills on Punisher 2099 wasn't well written. Come on.

Get on my level plebs.

Attached: latest.jpg (400x600, 106K)

The point was that corporations would have their own armies. The counter-point is that they wouldn't need to because they could simply contract outside help.

Well, it's not as if we don't have real-world examples of just that. Oh, wait...

I unironically wear a Steven Universe shirt and think I could make friends with everybody

Punisher 2099 was awesome

Holy shit the amount of onions in this post

A standing army is a standing army regardless of its conscripts or mercs

>Well, it's not as if we don't have real-world examples of just that
Can you imagine Google Police and the Amazon Army? It reminds me of that time in history when Pepsi had one of the biggest Navy’s in the world for a short time

My auntie makes great spaghetti sauce with lots of onions in it
She's kinda weird and annoying sometimes, but I love her very much

A standing army implies nationality. PMCs typically aren't loyal to any one nation.

That’s why you pay them for loyalty

PMCs =/= mercenaries. You contract a PMC just like you would any other business, and they work until they've fulfilled the terms of the contract and then they fuck off.

That's a blessing, not a curse.

>Mercenaries are individual soldiers who can be hired by whoever pays them while PMCs recruit these people in an organisation. Mercenaries don't have any tie to a company or state and title, they only fight for money.

I don't see how any of that goes against what I've said, assuming that's what you meant, of course.

No, but we'll live long enough to see other horrible shit.

Attached: 1521103738456.jpg (255x255, 29K)

>111

Yeah I'll be dead long before that shit.

Anyone like Travesty as a neo-Abomination of 2099. Would love to see him vs Hulk 2099.

Attached: 9B27194E-A97C-490C-8DC2-D12EE1658499.jpg (1000x1498, 410K)

In Hulk 2099 the state of California set off bombs on the fault line to make them an island.

>100
Possible, just need to change my diet and work out more.

I'll be 109, my brothers will be 107, 102 and 100 respectively. Certainly not impossible.

I'm really not seeing how it's a curse. Especially if it's not magic but technology because then the whole "but muh loved ones" problem goes away.

Who wants to live that long? I'm 25 and cant wait to die

me
give me your life force so I can live longer

thats the whole point of its creation so that you can imagine anything happening

Yes. So much yes!

According to Miguel O'Hara (Spider-man 2099) the year 2099 blows because of Republicans and Trump. I wish I was kidding, but his recent runs directly states it.

Who is Travesty? I think Travesty is that one rich girl that was killing hobos in old New York, and now she hates S-Man 2099 after falling into that acid. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Life expectancy is trending down as the rich hoard more wealth and resources and American healthcare crumbles.

In the US anyway.

If anyone's interested in vaguely accurate predictions about the future based on scientific research, you can check out this website.
futuretimeline.net/
I've read through most of it. We become gods at one point, but none of us will live to see it.

If I'm given a pace maker and if medical science can make something to replace failed kidneys, then I will live to see 104. Then I can tell everyone there:
>"Back in my day, if you got that Type II beetus, you died!"
I don't have it but I'm highly likely because both sides of my family have it.

Attached: 1565012122149.jpg (620x375, 115K)

In 2099, people born in 1999 will be treated like wisened legends, since they were born in a year starting with "1", unlike every other person on the planet