DC's Young Justice Unveils Tim Drake's Brand New Costume

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

Attached: YJ-10-CVR-CMYK.jpg (738x1119, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Bolivian
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It literally looks like shit

The brown is a little dull but it doesn't look worse than a Robin costume. Does he have a decent codename

Fuck Tim's costume, it's that Riri 2.0 that's bothersome.

Finally Tim gets the colors he deserves. What's his codename? Shitbird?

I like it

Maybe the shit-brown parts should have been colored orange like an actual robin.

Who design this?

Attached: 1565560156246.gif (500x374, 1.04M)

I don't hate it but looks like a villain suit.

BEHOLD THE MIGHT OF

NOT-NIGHTWING

Notwing.

Not bad desu

He can't be Robin with that outfit.

It's like they're trying to constantly top themselves in terms of shitty designs. Can't we just bring back the New 52 suit already? That was actually decent if you adjusted the cape a little.

Attached: red_robin___new_52_by_qbatmanp-d4rh5m1.jpg (900x1596, 166K)

>Look Its The Legion Of SuperHeroes
>Written by Brian Michael Bendis
>Leading Beloved Character Jon Kent
>Since They are a bunch of Z-tier heroes nobody will Buy it
>The Book will get Burried 6 feet under
>Finally Getting rid of the GrownUp Shota Bait

This is a 4D chess move by Didio

Attached: download (3).jpg (181x278, 12K)

Is that Amethyst in the bottom-left? And who is the cowgirl hanging onto the Green Lantern basketball player?

yes and she's Jonah Hex's great great great great great great granddaughter, she's a Bendis creation

She’s essentially his Kitty Pryde, Jinnny Hex. Teen Lantern is the worst character made this decade

Jinny Hex, I think she's cute and has potential but she won't get good until a writer rescues her from Bendis' hands

I bet Gleason was meant to design Tim's new costume since Gleason is a pretty good designer but when he left Bendis asked the new artist to give it a whirl and WOW THAT'S HOT TRASH

More like Brownwing.

Pic related is Tim's best costume. Debate me.

Attached: 1835765-robin______racerx_dcp__159___page_23.jpg (1280x1920, 391K)

I assume two of those are lesbians.

There's no need to debate. You're wrong. Pic related is the GOAT.

Attached: Red_Robin_Todd.jpg (170x340, 19K)

Both of them are good.

That wasn't Tim's originally.

Attached: Red-Robin-DC-Comics-Kingdom-Come.jpg (500x989, 131K)

Needs more yellow.

He looks like someone peed on a turd.

Why, because she's black?

No, she created by bendis.

The new 52 version of that suit was perfect, too bad they only used for a panel.

Attached: Nu52Tim.png (571x669, 830K)

>it's that Riri 2.0 that's bothersome.
Which one? The one in the front or the one in the background?

The costume color scheme looks more suited for Terra or Geo Force but Tim's new codename twill make or break the whole thing.

Please, give this man a better codename than Red Robin.

>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT
He's wearing the colors of a Central American robin.

More seriously -- this arc is abotu them lost in the multiverse. This is probably a one-off costume he picked up in one of those universes. It's not just brown it isn't Robin-y at all.

(We are all basically waiting for Tim to rename himself Cardinal at this point and wear the Kingdom Come RR costume.)

Attached: not all robins are red.jpg (738x366, 232K)

He is still wearing his Robin suit in the cover for YJ #10 and the solicit for the issue sounded like a joke, so maybe is just temporary?
I am just in denial, right?

Attached: YJ#10.jpg (848x1280, 424K)

>yes and she's Jonah Hex's great great great great great great granddaughter, she's a Bendis creation

No she isn't. She first appeared in the 90's Superboy title as Jonah Hex's female descendant who channeled his abilities.
Bendis just aged her down and ditched her supermodel backstory.

Attached: RCO003_1469640805.jpg (1040x1600, 527K)

Fuck man, I miss this costume.

Good to know artists still don't know how to draw Bart!

They're two different characters.

I've always hated how trashy that Superboy look is.

I love it, wish Jon was still 10 years old so Kon could be his dirty older brother.

>Wally’s back but he’s a suicidal maniac
>Here’s Super Boy but let’s age him without years of development while killing off super sons
>here’s Batman but he’s a bigger suicidal maniac than usual
>here’s the watchmen crossover and it’s unfinished trash
>Let’s have Benis because that’s what the fans wanted
It’s like some kind of monkey’s paw gone wrong

What is he joining the Court of Owls as a Talon?

>They're two different characters.

They are both female descendants of Jonah Hex, with the surname Hex, with red-brown hair who inherited his stills with a gun. And we never learned the first name of 90s Hex.

Okay, there's my argument. Now please support your statement with something more than a desire to shit on Bendis for introducing a 'shitty OC.'

>It’s like some kind of monkey’s paw
Welcome to DC comics.

They already had one, this is just another new one

Wait I thought TL was supposed to be Bolivian.
Why is she black?
I am absolutely fucking disgusted by that idea Jesus fucking Christ. Jonah Hex didn't need a motherfucking legacy.

lmao why is he doing a bad Wolverine cosplay
Did he also changed his name or they still call him like the chain restourant?

>wish Jon was still 10 years old so Kon could be his dirty older brother
At least we can agree on that.

This looks like a modern Marvel book.
Specifically the kind of modern Marvel book that made me avoid most Marvel content for years.

>Wait I thought TL was supposed to be Bolivian.
Do black Bolivians not exist?

She's also meant to be 12. The artists that replaced Gleason is jhust shitty, and I think Gleason was colouring his own work before

Bendis has a long history of ignoring characters that are the exact same as his ideas so he can get a creator credit. That's the only thing he cares about.

>Ruin Red Hood's costume
>Ruin Tim Drake's costume
Which member of the bat family is next?

According to Google only 1% of the population of Bolivia is black.
That is just really fucking odd choice if it was on purpose.
She didn't really look twelve in her first appearance either so I just kind of ignored that.

Riri 2.0 is generous, it's like Riri 1.1.

Have you seen dicks current one?

Teen Lantern hacked the green lantern battery of OA with her shitty wifi in Bolivia. Not only is her name retarded, but she looks retarded too.

Timmy is superfluous and quite frankly no one would miss him if he died apart from the most autistic of redrobinfags which barely even exist.

>Impulse gay
>Amythyst bi
>Teen lantern gender fluid pansexual
>Tim is gay
>Cassie is straight but gets seduced by Ginny Hex
>Ginny Hex is lesbo
>Superboy is either bi or a flaming homo
>Who is that yellow person? Naomi? I don't even know her powers but I'd guess she's a lesbo because Bendis made her
>Rainbow LGBTQ+ team unite!

Teen Lantern might be my least favorite Bendis creation and that is fucking saying something.
Her origin would only not be embarrassing in the 80's and early 90's when computers were magic.

His new name is Brownstone and he specializes in blackmailing supervillians.

this would actually be cool but that is not a talon suit, it's a brown monstrosity of poo and urine colors

>Wait I thought TL was supposed to be Bolivian.
>Why is she black?

Bendis is a racist retard and doesn't know that majority of Bolivians hate black people with a passion.

Not really. The population is basically 100% indigineous andies people, not counting immigrants. Bendis is just retarded and didn't do any research and thinks all south american nations are like Brazil.

>Bolivia is inhabited mostly by Quechua (45.6%) and Aymara (42.4%), while minorities include 37 indigenous groups (0.3% average per group). The Spanish, Quechua, Aymara, Guarani languages, as well as 34 other native languages are the official language of Bolivia. Spanish is the most-spoken language (60.7%) within the population. The main religions of Bolivia are Catholicism (81.8%), Evangelicalism (11.5%), and Protestantism (2.6%). Education is of poor quality, and has a 91.2% literacy rate. An estimated 7.6% of the country's gross domestic product (GDP) is spent on education. The average monthly household income was Bs.1,378 ($293) in 1994. In December 2013 the unemployment rate was 3.2% of the working population. Average urbanisation rate in Bolivia is 67%.

Black Bolivians do exist.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Bolivian
If you find saying there isn't, they're lying.

Man. I miss OYL Robin costume so much. I guess one cannot be that luck twice, uh?

seriously

STILL
FUCKING
MAD

Attached: TEEN LANTERN.jpg (1988x3056, 1.17M)

>majority of Bolivians hate black people with a passion.
This isn't true either. Also I'm gonna go ahead and say isn't being 100% honest wither considering the question was
>Do black Bolivians not exist?
And they do.

Congratulations on googling "black bolivians" and posting the first result. Next time you might want to try reading the posts you're replying to, but if I had your understanding of English I wouldn't bother either.

I can't tell if this is Tumblr or a shill, but no one is saying they literally don't exist, they're such a tiny minute minority that they aren't worth mentioning as a segment of the population.

>Estimated number of afro-Bolivians: 25,000
>Estimated population of Bolivia: 11,428,000
Literally less than a quarter of a percent, Bendis may as well have made her any race at that point which he basically did.

They turned him into the Tarantula

Attached: All-Star_Squadron_Vol_1_24.jpg (400x600, 81K)

They do but it is kind of like having a character be an Eskimo native from Kentucky. They exist but it is just kind of a weird choice for a white guy from America to make.

>>here’s the watchmen crossover and it’s unfinished trash
Hey, I agree in that it's forever unfinished, but it's not trash. I'm actually enjoying it, and think it's pretty good. And I know I'm not the only one.

And here I thought Red Robin was a bad look, holy shit

You forgot Dick's current not-costume. It's... hardcore.

Damian, most probably. Cass is already an uninspired mess. Batgirl has had her tweaks for the worse. Batwoman is non-changing at all for never and ever. Duke is too new and Spoiler and Azrael are nowhere to be found.

Red Robin always felt like a temporary thing, though I kinda liked that initial Kingdom Come Condom-Man in Europe run. Brown is a good color for Tim, but this costume looks like shit. Keep the motif and get an earthy folksy codename like Sparrow or Finch whatever.

Dude needs to stop cribbing fashion looks from Dr. Mid-Nite.

Christ I remember thinking the N52 wing costume was bad, I don't remember holding a fucking monkey's paw when I wished it were different

I loved that and this one.

Attached: tumblr_l2wmt6PKaM1qbqx4xo1_500.jpg (449x700, 153K)

Agreed. This looks is great.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Bolivian
>It has been estimated that 25,000 Afro-Bolivians live in the Yungas.
Fair enough

HOW THE FUCK DID SHE HACK OA WITH HER SHITTY BOLIVIAN INTERNET CONNECTION!?!?!?!

The one in the background is Moon Girl 2.0.
Do try to keep up friendo.

Are you Bolivian? It is a very racist nation, as are most South American nations (yes even brazil has lots of racism)

She's a Bendis Mary Sue, she ain't gotta explain shit.

>and this one.
I loved the Dr. Mid-Nite jokes.

Behold, all the shit that nobody was asking for yet Bendis feels inclined to give us

>Two latina Green Lanterns now
>Just what is Bendis getting at?
>Is Jess going to be Teen Lantern's mentor?

And that's why I loved the costume. Because that was a good recurring joke.

Attached: 1396306746599.jpg (1211x652, 256K)

Actually I was asking for Tim to get a new identity

Damn right.

Attached: Batgirl_8_Legion_CPS_006.jpg (1280x1967, 467K)

pre-flashpoint (and before Bruce being alive was common knowledge) was the best time in Batman continuity.

steph is so pure and perfect! Cream of the crop waifu material, why did she leave us so soon :(

Attached: stephanie_brown_by_duss005-d30kagx.jpg (1024x1626, 308K)

Wait, are you telling me there was never a flashback on how she did it? Please tell me they had an explanation on how and where she got the battery.

Attached: 314242543.png (422x467, 157K)

She doesn't have a battery. She figured out how to hack the power battery in Oa with her wi-fi connection in La Paz, Bolivia. She syphons the energy from the battery without the guardians knowing it, in her own words (though I bet it will turn out the Guardians allowed it in order to observe her great potential and are going to bring her to Oa soon, where they will make Jessica her mentor)

>It is a very racist nation
I doubt it's that much of a racist country.

>There is a repeat of that awful Luke Cage and Miles "This is important!" scene but with Jess and teen Lantern
I don't see it happening thankfully because Jess seems like the kind of character that Bendis will ignore unless he is assigned to her book or gets a chance to give her a black boyfriend.
Good one user.

That costume is too tainted from the super shitty run plus the whole "My real name isn't even Tim Drake lol" deal.

The original Red Robin outfit is still the best.

Yeah, the best part of the costume is when Tim pull off the cowl. He looks natural that way, a hero who can relax around friends.

Batman can't pull that off because he's Batman, 100% of the time, but it looks natural on Tim.

Bendis only cares for profitable characters, either his own or the ones he gets some sort of second hand royalty. He's also a well know liar and someone who wouldn't care for others work at all unless it's for his own good.

Moon Girl wasn't created by Bendis and Riri built her own suit just like Keli built her own Power Ring

See, I always assumed that she was lying and we will get the real story later....

Who's the White Lantern looking chick?

Shitbird?

Naomi, Bendis' newest mary-sue OC. Everyone loves her include the big bad that killed her perfect parents and her powers are vague and powerful.

It's a good series, go check it out.

Attached: 1555632823710.jpg (1988x3056, 1.58M)

>the black girl that hacked the power battery is still canon
Halfags BTFO. If a black girl can, upgrade can. If upgrade can, Alien X definitely can. The dial goes up to omniversal baby.

I know about Robins and American Robins, didnt knew a Central American robin existed

It means nothing, all she's doing is the cosmic equivalent of a potato battery.

Attached: 206225-677x450-Potato-Light.jpg (677x450, 18K)

I refuse to support Bendis in any way.

>I doubt it's that much of a racist country.
you must be very sheltered. Do you not know any south americans?

You're being Racist by categorizing all South americans as racist.

She hacked the central power battery user. Literally hacked it. Not absorb. Not nothing. It was hacked. So, much for literally multiverses inside the power battery.

Even if it's a good comic?

Stop acting like you care about Tim when most of you complained about how uninteresting he is for most of the year

>She hacked the central power battery user.
Not necessarily
>I hacked the green lantern's battery
No mention of it being the CENTRAL power battery and if you look at her character design she has a cable running from her power glove to her backpack.

Even if it's a good comic.

Without the black trunks it looks really weird

That's silly.

>A Bendis OC written by Bendis
>Good
You would have an easier time convincing me that the statue of Liberty only exists in fiction.
What is her deal anyway?

>Tim's best comic costume is just stolen from the cartoon
shocking

Attached: Robin_TNBA.jpg (106x290, 6K)

She's a small town girl who learned she's from an alternate earth and is the daughter of that earth's most powerful superheroes.

Attached: RCO012_1557927393.jpg (3975x3056, 3.17M)

Doesn't sound Mary-suey at all, no sir.

Because superhero origins tend to sound mary sue-y.

Is there a gay cowgirl on Young Justice?

I don't know if she's gay.

Well you can't be straight and a cowgirl, there'd be too many jokes

Is a nothingburger of series. 6 numbers of story that could be told in 3. Not mention the horrible OC of Bendis.

I don't like any of them

I disagree, if anything I think it has a lot of potential as a world setting.

>gee whiz this baby is the only thing that survives his planet getting destroyed and now he gets to be the best super hero ever? why would anyone read that
fuck off

people just dont have the patience for slow, slice of life, world buidling

>I doubt it's that much of a racist country.
you must be very sheltered. Do you not know any south americans?

And that's what is wrong with superhero fans.

looks gay

That's part of why I hate it

How much is Bendis going to get away with? Why is he allowed to get away with it?

Attached: 1364010405588.jpg (314x792, 48K)

Its. Bendis.

You weren't actually expecting a costume that wasn't retarded, were you?

I prefer the updated look Alfred made him near the end of the run. Looked more sleek and Robin-Esque

No, he's being correct. What he said is as racist as saying that Germans in the 1930's were anti-semetic.

What the fuck has Naomi did? Shes been everywhere for no fucking reason.

I laughed a good 5 minutes at this lmao, fuck tim

Batroc called, he wants his costume back...

Post it?

What does she do? What are her powers? Does she not have a codename?

She doesn't have a codename, she basically just found all this out and she has a very showy Flying Brick set.

She... Get this, it's fucking amazing... She discovered she is a half alien and has powers. HOLY SHIT MIND =BLOWN
Yeah, she had a whole mini-series about it, so innovative, so stunning, so brave.

>no superhero name
>no interesting power
why should i care

Why should I care if you care or not? You asked a question and I gave you the answer.

I really wish you were shitting me, but its basically Buckingham g Riri.

What it this shit-tier garbage?

In the earliest series pitch she was Serifina Baldaur, the cowgirl from the nu52 version of the Forever People. But either because Bendis wanted a new character or because DC decided to undo the Serifan gender-slip we ended up with someone else.

(Serifan showed up a couple times in the original YJ comic and his big appearance there was actually adapted for an episode of the Young Justice animated series.)

So she is from Multiverse-2, meaning Bendis plans to do the Empty Hand story eventually.
I kind of hate that, but not as much as the Empty Hand story just being ignored in favor of whatever shitty cover-version Snyder and King are doing.

Literally why. Red Robin was a good look for Tim.

>caring about riri

Nice to know Bendis will finally write about himself in the comics.

Attached: empty hand.jpg (600x258, 45K)

Tim being gay makes the most sense

>its basically Riri
No that would be the new Teen Lantern just a lot more overpowered.
Naomi will replace Superman.

>Flying Brick set.
...how does she not have White Lantern powers when she's channeling White Lantern power?

>liking dollar store hawkman
Kill yourself

Who designed this. Who said this was ok. Why didn't anyone stop it before it was too late.

Attached: 1563561156584.jpg (300x452, 21K)

technically true, but for DC's "main" Earth/Timeline Jason Todd wore it first.

is this new YJ Lantern basically "modern" Kyle????? Or is she just into mecha and weeb shit?

>she was lying and we will get the real story later....
Please make her the new daughter of Alan Scott. She does have to replace Jade or Obsidian.