What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Attached: 1E2C7F01-DC7A-498B-B3DC-498C606967F1.jpg (1600x1200, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/btEpF334Rtc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forced in female lead.Fury Road Syndrome.

A fundamental lack of understanding of what made the original interesting and worthwhile. Also, not incel-proofed appropriately

Fury Road was enjoyable though

Everything after the third episode

poorly paced and shows that genndy didn't understand what made his show good in the first place

Turned into a different show after the third episode where nobody would shut the fuck up.
Jack also gets his sword back too fast and easily.
>kill yourself jack!
>no
>AAAGH!
>now you are balanced

The episodes should have been 1 hour long. Then again, giving episode 8 an extra 30 minutes of them snoggin and shaggin would've been the cherry on the meltdown sundae

Forced romance and anti climatic showdown with Aku. Shitty guren lagann ending.

>Not Doing an 1h finale for a 20+ years old saga.
>Getting rid Early off the Bicker Look
>Killing The ScottMan
>Killing the Blue Guardian off screan
>Copying Guren Lagan Finale

>Lame killing the HeadMistress of the Aku Cult
>Not Seeing the Himakandi
>Not Using More Aku Lieutenans

That the final episode should've been made into 2 parts. Other than that, nothing.

Should've never gone back to the past. Should've become King Jack instead.

Nothing went wrong. It ended the way it should’ve. Loved Old Scotsmen. Sad but understandable that Jack and Ashi didn’t work out. JackXAshi pissed a lot of feminists off too.

>JackXAshi pissed a lot of feminists off too.
This was the only reason i backed it. Plus she a cute

Yeah, I agree. All of Jack's issues were fast forwarded through.

wtf I love Jack x Ashi now.

Seriously, though, why?

The first three episodes raised the bar to a level the rest of the series couldn't keep up.

Well it was kinda endearing how she helped Jack handle his depression

No, I mean why did it piss off feminists. I need drama, friend.

Feminists are fujoshits and hate straight couples

Episode 4 - 10

Who else were they hoping to see him pair with?

The Scotsman? Aku?

Attached: samurai jack reaction srsly tho, why u mad.gif (512x384, 1.83M)

Johnny Bravo.

>forced

its what they did with them that was forced

elite group of assassins trained since birth for only one purpose, to kill Jack? good.
basically everything after episode 3? bad

try to differentiate between your dislike for women and critique, you little bitch

because ashi was like, 16 and Jack at least 80

They tried to cram the plot of a 24-26 episode season into less than half a season's worth of episodes.

Attached: EBnGJj2WsAAnR86.jpg (854x479, 46K)

She wasn't 16 nignog, she was in her 20's

Ashi stayed around and became a love interest instead of dying

Attached: Samurai-Jack-Season-5-Episode-3-Jack-finds-wounded-Ashi-700x320.jpg (700x320, 14K)

/thread

Why is it blank?

Dat ass too

Because it was a straight cis relationship, and because Ashi was a bit of a damsel in distress. I’m so happy they never cucked Samurai Jack.

The fact it existed at all, Samurai Jack never needed an ending or a finale. That's not to say it couldn't potentially have had one, but I'm not going to give it credit just for existing.

Also
Anyone who says it goes to crap after the third episode is blind, the first episode is terrible and you'd lose literally nothing from skipping it, 2 and 3 have plenty of problems, most notably overusing "tell, don't show", and the blue jack, while episode 4 is actually good, and is the only episode of the entire season that I genuinely liked. Had Ashi gone off on her own at the end of episode 4, rather than staying on and becoming a main character, it might have even captured the feel of the old Jack.

>The first three episodes raised the bar to a level the rest of the series couldn't keep up.
This, there were a about 2 or 3 mediocre episodes in the mix. Not enough to write off the whole season but like most shows, the ending left a lot wanting.

>You killed all my sisters
>But I like you now

The writing was pretty poor. There were some good elements, but it got worse the longer it went on.

>nothing went wrong
>Jack forgetting about all of the kids he let die in Episode 1
>Jack just getting over years of suicidal depression in one conversation
>Jack could've gotten his sword back at anytime, or at least was under the impression he could've, and never bothered
>Jack just magically achieves balance in five seconds
>Mad Jack talking about how he's the only reason Jack is still alive when he has been ignored by Jack this whole time

I could go on.

1. Forced love interest with the least compatible character you could possibly make
2. And ending that makes many sacrifices the protagonist went through completely worthless and doesn't dwell on the implications of it at all

this, going back to the past was such a fucking shitty conclusion that defeats the entire point of the series

do go on

Waifufagging and rushing on genndy's end unfortunately

You were born so you could whine that it doesn't match your headcanon about jack becoming king of the future people after killing future aku, as though the entire premise of the show wasn't "BACK TO THE PAST" which was supported by the fact the guardian knew in at least one future Jack would succeed in getting worthy and using the portal to go back to the past.

What makes you think Ashi would even have bonds with her sisters, they were raised in a death cult as weapons for Super-Satan who didn't even know they existed. They always knew their lives existed only for Aku. Jack showed Ashi that Aku was a dick and not worth fighting for and that her life had value in itself.

AND YET AFTER SPENDING ALL THAT TIME WITH, IT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! youtu.be/btEpF334Rtc

King jack was never a fucking thing. He was always going back to the past even in the king jack scene. How the fuck do people not get this- it's literally in the theme song.

This 'theme song' argument is fucking stupid. The theme song of shows isn't the be-all-end-all.
>Ash doesn't catch all the pokemon, it must be wrong because the them song said so!

If going back to the past was the whole point then why didn't he just fuck off and leave those monks to die? Seeing as how everything was erased, it was completely pointless to save the monks and forgo the time portal.

Needed more Jack with a gun desu

>Jack gets in a romantic relationship with Ashi
>Same girl whose sisters she grew up with and survived their abusive childhood together all died because of him one way or another
>This wasn't touched upon

this

Needed to be spread over two seasons with more episodes per season than what was given. Also, the creator needed to have been never shown Gurren Lagann so he couldn't rip off its ending.

this

the first few episodes are the peak of the entire series
it needed twice as many episodes to fully cover what they were trying to do

The first 3 episodes were SO good though.
The stickies on Yea Forums were fantastic.

Then it just fell off a cliff. Tried to force so much in for little to no reason, and with the 10 episode span it couldn't do what it wanted to in a proper way. So you just got hamfisted writing.

They needed more time. The pacing was completely fucked. Like everyone else is saying here, the first episodes were literal kino, best in the series, but after episode ~3 it all went down the shitter.

I think yes and no. On one hand, more episodes would drastically have helped the pacing. On the other, was the plot really even that good anyway? We'd still get the same result and story which wasn't really a great one.
I mean, they brought back Samurai Jack for 10 episodes and dedicated an entire episode to someone who wasn't Jack. While more episodes would have led to better development, I still don't know if it'd really be a worthwhile conclusion.

They retconned most of the series with the time travel logic the show used, essentially making the whole show pointless. The only satisfying ending for the show I've been able to think of is one where history can't be rewritten. Jack defeats Aku in the future, then later goes back to the past to fight but fails at stopping Aku. The biggest problem with this is it wouldn't make sense for Aku to try to stop Jack from going back in time if Aku knows that he beats Jack. It also doesn't make sense that if Aku could send Jack back in time, why not send others back in time to stop him before he even got to the future?

And Ashi. She was shit.

Attached: old jack.jpg (799x613, 28K)

I can't believe it ended on ripping off the Gurren Lagann ending. I know Genndy is a weeb but that's weak.