Get Woke, Go Broke: Spideyverse only topped +350 million at the box office

What happened bros?

Attached: DofpwwSXUAM_NKk.jpg (960x1200, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hoteltransylvania2.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hoteltransylvania3.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=smurfs.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=illumination2018.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=animatedspider-man.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=pixar2014.htm
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shut the fuck up faggot, it's a great movie. Talk about the movie or leave. You can talk about how you don't like it if you don't but this isn't your internet culture war pussy crybaby hugbox

It wasn't very good. Audiences go for quality like Aquaman.

Posting in a godawful bait thread.

Miles is a shitty,bland unlikeable character that was carried by Peter through the whole fucking movie.

Because its quality came out of nowhere, who'd want to go see a movie from the same studio that made the emoji movie or the amazing spider-man movies?

I really enjoyed his sheganigans, but miles story was just... meh.

Also the sequel is gonna focus on the romance, double meh.

Love the visuals though.

There is only one good black male teenager hero.

Attached: static-shock-630x457[1].jpg (630x457, 50K)

There was gonna be a subplot of romance between Miles and Gwen but thankfully it was scrapped.

It was animated, retard

Racist

That's what you get when there is no Iron Man in the movie. It flops.

But the Spiderman brand had a reinsurgence tho. Sony also release high quality movies like Hotel Transylvania.

>miles still remain in OP mind.

OBSESSED

Attached: cover.jpg (953x535, 248K)

Normies think anything animated is automatically for children.

At least it won a bunch of awards, including the Oscar.

for a resurgence you need to have some time between surges. Spider-man isn't a franchise that can handle yearly releases and its just going to get worse from here on out with everything they have planned

Can't tell if it's Tommy or Ladderbro who made this thread

Attached: busta.png (479x733, 289K)

They're one and the same. His name is Tommy Ladderbro.

>whack kingpin
>massacred scorpion
>miles is shit
>no one knew of peni before this
It was a shit movie with 2 Peter Parkers Spider-Man Noir, and a bunch of shit characters.

Under fucking rated. Great character that never gets any love. The show and it’s characters were awesome. Love the Big Bang giving everyone their powers.

The whole look of the movie fucked with my eyes, like I’m staring at a 3D movie without the glasses

OP is a fag but I still don't know why its called Ladderbro

Then kickstart 2d version of spiderverse satan.

Consider getting your eyes checked

It literally turned a massive profit what are you talking about? The budget was only 90m

not him, but it's fucking annoying how everytime there's opposite gender main characters, they HAVE to have romance involved.

It didnt meet the standards of a Spiderman movie in terms of box office success

Did they promise to bring him in the sequel?

Attached: download (5).jpg (225x225, 11K)

Maybe I will, my eyes are fine though. Also you guys posted only 1 second after eachother

>Also you guys posted only 1 second after eachother

Attached: black-white-couple-holding-hands-260nw-40081270.jpg (390x280, 11K)

It was a box office success though, it was also a stand alone animated film

To Mousedrones it isn't

Miles is a poor imitation of Peter, just aping everything about him in a monkey-see-monkey-do manner.

Is not even a poor immitation, that would imply he got any kind of personality. He's just bland, completelly shallow.

Attached: Who.gif (640x266, 1.15M)

in the comics yes, the movie no

I dont remember Peter having issues with his dad, oh yeah because they are dead.

>The best Miles have ever been, and he was only meh

he was good in this, I actually cared about him

I see what you did there, but we all have to admit that Miles is the coolest monkey in the jungle.

I never read miles morales Spider-Man because he sucks, but does he have any real storylines or any enemies or is it all just leeching off the real Spiderman?

Making 4x your budget with a december release isn't going broke. There'a a reason they greenlit 3 more of these

The movie wasn't woke shit though.

>Mousefag FUMING over based Sony dabbing on Incredibles 2 in the Oscars

Attached: 1461181514507.jpg (219x219, 30K)

Like I said, it doesnt match other Spiderman movies in terms of success

He's talking about chromatic aberration user, it was factually there.

That's why they greenlit a sequel.

They greenlit a sequel because spider-man is the only franchise sony owns that's successful

Anyone who says "Get woke, go broke" is a fucking retard

Why is she so perfect, Yea Forums?

Attached: spiderman peni raimi.jpg (672x504, 166K)

animated capeshit (so for kids stigma) and Spidey fatigue

next one feels like its going to have massive drop-off box office wise

'cause you're a pedo.

It's an animated film that wasn't marketed as a children's move. Normie Cape-fags want REALISM and think cartoons are for babies.

So? They didn't greenlight ASM3. If they didn't consider it a success they'd have gone another way with Spider-Man cartoons, not abandoned the IP altogether.
Honestly you're not very good at pretending to be retarded user.

>retards still dont understand the concept of a fucking RATIO.

Hey.

Faggots.

It only had a budget of 90 million. All the other Spider-Man movies had budgets well over 200 million adjusted for inflation, each.

Its almost like they still made a good profit because of the budget being small.

I hope it’s the beginning and not just an exception. Fuck Disney; they shouldn’t be getting awards just for existing.

Attached: 350629A1-DE00-45B3-8414-CE7EFB81635D.jpg (750x1017, 275K)

I doubt that. It'll do a lot worse critically though because the novelty wore off. Basically like Deadpool.

Just gimme a japanese spiderverse movie starring both Peni's (comic and movie), SUPAIDAMAN, Spidey-J and Mangaverse Spidey. Teaming against the iron mask army, with SUFFERINGMAN and his mind tigers as a rival-antagonist to the spiders.

>made 4x its budget
>got a sequel

1/10 made me reply

>forced diversity spiderman who replaces the white spiderman isn't all that appealing
no thanks, no need to watch that garbarge, i could just literately put on any netflix original if i wanted to look at some tumblrite "anti-racist" fantasy of replacing the white nerd with a black person because reasons.

>watching movies depending on the message
Brainlet.

>massive profit
Lmao no

300+% ROI is pretty massive.

each spider-man movie had bidgets between 100-125 million, each of them still made over double the profits that spiderverse did

You budget people never get it right.

The budget NEVER includes advertising. Advertising is INSANELY expensive. Their advertising campaign probably did cost something around the same as the movie.

Miles was done better than I expected, he was at the very least tolerable. Which is more than can be said for a lot of renditions.

Attached: 1559013889223.jpg (564x421, 27K)

>watching movies depending on message
t. tumblrite who regularly eats shit
if it looks like shit, smells like shit, and calls itself beautiful, it ain't beautiful no matter your retarded agenda or message.
if you weren't retarded, I wrote
>because reasons
which means it doesn't matter the messaging, the entire thing is retarded from the get-go, you fucking idiot. Miles ain't his own person, he's just black peter with electricity and some camo whose story had to kill off peter to become meaningful.

>believing Hollywood accounting
If movies made as little profit as they claim they wouldn't be making them.

>maybe if I reaffirm the point he called stupid while pretending I'm not and while throwing a flurry of insults he'll stop thinking I'm stupid
You're an embarrassment user.

All of you Miles apologists really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something good to say about him. Anything at all. he was the sole protagonist of his own movie and yet he couldn't stand out among his supporting cast. How fucking PATHETIC is that?

There were like, two or three other big blockbusters out at the time. That's the actual reason.

He was better in the PS4 game solely because they bothered to quantify him in peter's life, spiderverse still just has him barrel over it

Reminder that spiderverse is the only truly comic book accurate film next to Lego Batman and even then it's only 80% close

Term for people who just want to start an capeshit argument for the sake of arguing. There used to be one specific person during the Justice League movie, but now it's spread

The first Raimi film was the only other Spider-Man film to come in under $150 million; Spider-Man 2 through ASM 2 were all in the $200M+ range.

The film had endorsement deals worth around 130% of the production budget. Not only were advertising costs taken care of, but the film itself was basically a third as expensive to make as it normally would be.

Retard, why do you think they are making so many remakes? People aren't wiling to risk their cash on something that may not sell. Also this is official stuff tracked directly to marketing agencies.

Is everyone just pretending to hate the movie now because of all of the threads about it and it being popular with normies?

But then are we to assume that the total budget of these movies is 400 million? Thats absurd

It was too artsy and weird. I prefer my animation to look solid and realistic with some stylizing so it’s not uncanny,just like pic related. Pic Related is the PERFECT animated movie of all time

Attached: B3443024-C63A-4009-A180-A7061128DC1B.jpg (2560x1310, 634K)

all massively successful ones are live action

This.
Once again, as usual, Miles is the worst part of anything he's shoved into, including his own comic.

If it reached 400 million...

How often do sequels make more than the original?
I know it happens, I'm not being rhetorical, I honestly would like to know how many times out of ten it happens.
(ex: end game did better (though I suppose that's the 4th avenger film, I'm counting it as a sequel to infinity war), Iron man 2 did better, terminator 2 did better, austin powers 2 did better. It happens)

Sexy, ethical, Macbeth.

Sony didn't pay a lick for advertising. Nike covered that.

Based.

Attached: supemovies.jpg (600x1671, 687K)

I want to breed Gwen!

Attached: 1564407007276.gif (440x440, 3.19M)

Man, the mental gymnastics retards like you do is legitimately impressive

>they were similar to their earlier installments
Thats what a sequel should be, how is something this moronic judging anything
>it almost felt like its live action
No it fucking doesn't. It tries so fucking hard to do the exact opposite, did they not see the fucking movie?

Spider-verse deserved it but goddamn this is a retarded justification for it

You mean chinese not people

>Make back 4x it's budget
>Sweep award season
>Tops Blu-Ray sales for several months
>Reinvigorates animation industry
>wHy dId SpIdeVerSe fLoP???

When are we getting new bait?

Attached: f3396f09-e96b-4312-ae3f-3ab4f09503b3.png (2052x1118, 1.4M)

Attached: A4B04447-DAB1-4003-A3C6-3EB87BDA50D2.jpg (1109x525, 447K)

why do the people who made and like this movie hate spider-man so much?

I’ll never understand the “go woke go broke meme.” I get the idea is supposed to be “woke films fail” but when you apply it to the most successful film ever made by Sony pictures animation, a film that tripled its budget, one has to ask what fucking metric are you using for “broke”. Because even the most cursory glances will show this movie is both a critical and commercial success beyond what Sony was even expecting .

>Anyone who says "Get woke, go broke" is a fucking retard
This.

Animation is bad and the hip hop soundtrack was awful.

Miles please, stop posting

>miles sucks
>peni was never shilled before the movie
>kingpin was shit
>scorpion was shit
>making Peter B Parker Jewish
The Spider shilling has to stop

A lot of people, including myself, were put off by the weird framerate. I had a coworker that rented it and got a headache after 20 minutes and quit. They should found that out from test screenings but I'm pretty sure it was a style choice someone stuck to. Anyway I want to see it but I don't want to strain my eyes.

That's the first TMNT movie though

they are willfully denying reality at this point

You never even watched it did you?

What am I saying? Of course you didn't, only OP could possibly faggy enough to hate on something he clearly hasn't seen.

The hell did this meme come from? The movie did quite well, it got back quadruple its budget and moderately exceeded Sony's expectations.

350 million return with a budget of about 90 million is literally the opposite of going broke.

It's kind of funny because Sony didn't even expect the numbers and critical acclaim it got. They barely marketed the thing at first. I remember seeing the youtube video trailer and thinking "neat" then like a few months later it was out. going woke is just the most viable method right now.

I said NEW bait user.

Attached: 73392931_p0.jpg (636x900, 408K)

>to the most successful film ever made by Sony pictures animation,
Hotel Transylvania 3?

Was that woke? I genuinely have no idea. I do know that Spider-verse didn't even come close to equalling the second movie, let alone in the ballpark of the third one.

>Denying reality
>Calls Spider-Verse the most successful Sony Animations movie
>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hoteltransylvania2.htm
>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hoteltransylvania3.htm
>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=smurfs.htm
Lemme guess, those don't count? I mean we're not even counting actual Spider-man movies of which this is half the lowest grossing one, we're counting smurfs and Adam Sandler doing the macarina.

this

>going woke is just the most viable method right now.
For what? Its not making as much money as stuff like Grinch, its not going anywhere near actual Spider-man movies, it only made money because they spent almost double the cost than the Emoji Movie on it. You want to really twist the knife on this?

>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=illumination2018.htm
>Production Budget: $80 million
>Worldwide: $378,926,990
>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=animatedspider-man.htm
>Production Budget: $90 million
>Worldwide: $375,469,903
Go look up really quick how they felt about Secret Life Of Pets return. Hint, they called it "Part of the summer slump"

It didn't bomb, its just the least successful spider-Man movie ever, by a lot.

they also weren't animated

Oh yes, because as well all know, animated movies topping 400 million is just unheard of!

Don't look directly above you. Or at the Grinch. Or all the Ice Age sequels. Or Despicable Me and sequels. Or Secret Life of Pets. And for the love of GOD, do not look up Minions. Pretend it being animated was a hindrance, that's a pretty nice reality.

AKA
I'm boring

>Hint, they called it "Part of the summer slump"
To be fair that's because the first movie made like 850 million dollars because we live in a world where that can happen. Spider-Man didn't have a movie that topped 850 million right before Spider-Verse so its not like they dropped off
wait shit

>"It being animated doesn't stigmatize it at all!"
>proceeds ot list a bunch of money generating franchises specifically geared towards children

A $700 million take for ASM2 resulted in Sony killing that franchise and cutting a deal with Marvel; that pretty much requires a combined budget in the $400 million range.

I'm looking at your first line, then your second, then your first line again.

I feel like you didn't think that through at all.

Calling things bait doesn’t make facts not true

No? It just means that even thought it made money, it didn't make as much money as they wanted. It wasn't a flop, it just wasn't a real success to them because it was the lowest grossing Spider-man movie they'd put out. At that point, I mean.

They saw more money with Disney and it paid off.

Ok I'll slow it down for you
>make animated movie
>people think animated movies are for kids which is why kids are the only ones who watch them
>you make animated movie for young adults
>not nearly as much money

I don't remember any previous incarnation of Scorpion being good to begin with but maybe I'm just a filthy casual. Also Myles is better in this movie than in the comics (take what you will from this comment).

I don't get how it was woke. The movie didn't shove anything in your face, it was just a Spiderman movie with a black protag.

>its just the least successful spider-Man movie ever, by a lot.
It's also the cheapest made spider man movie, by a lot. Staring a new cast while there's already a new spider man cinematic canon, an out there concept, released in death window with mortal engines with holiday juggernauts like the grinch, with a marketing budget of "look it's spider man, I guess" and it still doubled it's return. Think of it like this, It premiered around holiday time and did holiday movie numbers without holiday movie marketing.

Reasons why it's not the best selling movie ever and never could've been aside, it still made a shit ton of money. More than expected. I thought it was
>go woke go broke
Not
>Go woke and wildly succeed by all metrics except the arbitrary one I created to nurse my hurt feelings
The only thing you twisted the knife in was your argument.

Attached: smug mary sue.jpg (432x514, 60K)

>>you make animated movie for young adults

>Yes, I know just how to show our maturity! A talking pig Spider-Man and a whacky anime little girl!

This is you. This is what you're saying right now. You're seriously implying the movie with Spider-Man as a pig wasn't geared towards children or meant to appeal to children and that somehow this is the reason why it didn't make as much money as a movie about a cute little robot. With Spider-Man.

This is you.

what part of spider-verse was even woke?

It had non-whites.

those were already characters
so they should've specifically chosen white spidermen?
i mean
they did
there was gwen and noir peter

Spider-Verse is the highest earning SPA film in the domestic market and, more importantly for sequels, almost doubled HT3's box office in China.

you're right
i forgot how much 8 year olds love seeing people get stomped to death and the feeling of not fitting in at a new high school

>with a marketing budget of "look it's spider man, I guess"
I looked into this and holy shit Sony really did this movie dirty. A shit ton of money was them licensing out the spider verse brand for other companies to use and doing promotional partnerships. Even Venom got more work put into it than an actual fucking spiderman movie. They barely paid anything marketing this thing.

No Disney marketing bux.

>Think of it like this, It premiered around holiday time and did holiday movie numbers without holiday movie marketing.
It didn't, it did severely less than as you said The Grinch, and couldn't even match up to the Squeakwell.

>Reasons why it's not the best selling movie ever
Or more successful than the "Failure" that is secret life of pets 2.

>More than expected
So they expected less money from a Spider-Man property, an animated one at that, than their Hotel Translvania franchise? Really? You're telling me Sony, who made 700 million with Spider-Man at their very worst, and who's property just had massive success and brand recognition with Homecoming and Infinity War, then were absolutely sure that this movie wouldn't even top Smurfs. You're seriously under the impression that they were certain a shitty reboot of Grinch was going to crunch them to the curb and not have a drastic dropoff of more than half the budget of the live action version. When even Illumination is calling Pets 2 a flop despite it making more and costing less, this is what Sony expected out the gate.

I don't know the more sad scenario, this is true and Sony was so damn sure that nobody would care about miles that it wouldn't make any money and were shocked that it didn't outright flo.

Or alternatively, you're just sure they we're positive more people would want to see Scrat in space than Spider Man, but that this was still way better than what they were expecting and see no issues with that.

>The only thing you twisted the knife in was your argument.
Well you sure showed me with your
>Get woke and hey we almost did as good as Kung Fu Panda's... third movie. Which means we're not broke!
Reconcile.

>A shit ton of money was them licensing out the spider verse brand for other companies to use and doing promotional partnerships.
You might want to clarify that, because this can be read as
>They paid to license out the SV brand to other companies to use and doing promotional partnerships with
Or
>A shit ton of money was given to them by other companies to license out and do promotional partnerships with
I'm not quite sure how either would be bad marketing, though?

>i forgot how much 8 year olds love seeing people get stomped to death
Lion King.
>and the feeling of not fitting in at a new high school
Fucking EVERYTHING on the Disney Channel are you fucking kidding me?

Counterpoint, Sony made the Ghostbuster's remake.

That's proof they might actually be so retarded they were sure Spider-man was going to make less than the spongebob movie. See! I found one Spider-Verse beat! It was just a little lower than Rio. I legit don't understand this world, Spider-Verse wasn't the best like everyone says but anyone who says Rio deserved to beat its ass is fucking wrong and deserves to be stuck in a room playing minions forever.

why are you guys always obsessed with box markets?

do you seriously believe that the quality of a movie correlates with its revenue

>box markets?

Well I like cardboard but sometimes I want to try out those cool wicker types, they have a nice crinkle to them. And I'm sure as fuck not using plastic, like some kind of caveman, so I like to shop around.

He wasn't great but they did a really good job telling his origin story and differentiating him from Peter and I definitely wouldn't mind more stories from this version of Miles.

>and the feeling of not fitting in at a new high school
Pfft, yeah, kids hate seeing kids fit in with school settings, especially those with fantastic premises!
>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=pixar2014.htm
Denying reality!

Mostly Ghostbusters since that film sank like a rock despite the obvious controversy campaign built around it.

The wokeness was the least of its problems
>shitty lazy visuals
>modern "rap" soundtrack
>low FPS meme animation
>"celebrity" VAs
>dumb contrived story
>plot holes galore
>dishonest advertising
>made in bad faith

I actually don't know if there's a single positive aspect to the movie, if it didn't have wokeness it would've been torn apart like the Emoji Movie

Miles has literally never EVER been successful yet they keep putting in him stuff, it really makes you think

>quality
>like Aquaman
HAHA good one!

Describe some aspects in which Miles isn't literally just Peter but black

Incredibles 2 had better animation, they just forgot to put a black guy on the forefront of the movie

If all the Peters were forced to go back because staying in Miles’ universe was killing them, why was Gwen allowed to stay? How could she?

I watched it in the cinema. It isn't bad enough to hate. It's too bland for that. There's so little characterization and the plot is "get the mcguffin"-tier.
It's inoffensive, not good or bad.

okay pedo

Aquaman made more than Ragnarok if you take away China completely

>gets outgrossed by The Secret Life of Pets 2
heh, nothin personnel, kid

Woah! He took that guy's bagel!

Attached: bagel nig.png (1088x735, 914K)

Yes, it's very true to the godawful Bendis comics

You're just seeing what the board really thinks of the movie now that the shills' contract has expired

>3 million dollar difference with a film that was barely marketed out of pocket vs a movie with a 120 million dollar marketing budget themed around the month it was released
>severely less
So this is the perspective you have to to take to COPE.

You seem to have a problem with scale as you keep throwing out movies in totally different circumstances and going YEAH WELL IT MAY HAVE BEEN MASSIVELY SUCCESSFUL BUT IT DIDN'T MAKE AS MUCH AS THIS HEAVILY MARKETED SEQUEL TO A POPULAR MOVIE THEREFORE THIS OVER 200% GAIN IS BAD.
It's so funny how hard you're trying to push
>getting far more money than they ever thought they'd make is a loss, bro. They only doubled their money by going woke which is the same as going broke on opposite day! we won bros ;.;
You're literally denying reality at this point to cope.

That's a flop by Spider-Man standards

That's pretty pitiful though
>Sweep award season
Muh diversity
>Tops Blu-Ray sales for several months
Source
>Reinvigorates animation industry
Literally did not happen

Get better bait

More like they had written off the spiderman brand because they're going to have to renegotiate their contract with the mouse soon and they knew they're bound to get even less than before with all their spiderman projects falling flat. So when the studio behind the emoji movie came knocking saying "We wanna make spider man" Sony went "yeah sure knock yourself out." and gave them the bare minimum to get the film out for holidays and maybe make a small gain.

then they made absolute kino and got both critical and commercial success, even slapping the mouse at the oscars.

Imagine your autistic son who you hate comes up to you and says "I want food" so you give him whatever candy you have saved in your pocket. Then the kid shits gold bricks.

They had no reason to expect anything more than a minor success based on the spiderman brand alone (which essentially was the movie's marketing) and yet it went paid off in spades.

>put nigger/dyke/tranny in your movie/comic/cartoon
>instantly get dozens of meaningless good lapdog awards from groups that don't care at all about the actual quality of the product

woah....

Yea Forumsntrarianism at its finest

user Spider-Verse was a kids movie...

Miles and Gwen were literally made with the intention of being woke and nothing else, everything that features them from now on is inherently woke

>generally well liked
>differates itself from others in both CGI and superheros films with a unique aesthetic
>manages to be a Sony movie and somehow not shit
>manages to be about Miles and makes him a serviceable protagonist
I'm more just amazed it exists

i saw this movie and i thought it was enjoyable but nothing crazy. but i've seen people say that it'll go down as a landmark in animated movies and that it's one of the best animated movies ever and one of the best superhero movies and all this other shit, and i have no idea where that comes from. it wasn't bad but it wasn't that good.

Attached: 1530141777494.png (657x527, 51K)

>only topped +350 million
Against a budget of $90 million...

It's actually sad how a fucking Aquaman movie managed to be a better comic book adaptation than an animated Spider-Man movie, these are dark times

It's a competently made movie which is sort of rare these days, it's like the Immortal Hulk in that everything around it is either too off the beaten path or utter shit to be noticed

she was perfect before she got her hair ripped out. i know in the sequel they'll have her keep the side buzz for some dumb reason though.

Marketing is still about 100 million for this. It didn't lose money but it didn't make much profit either

8ch got deleted so we're getting a lot of refugees who think we're /pol/.

Aquaman's problem is it's very little substance, just a lot of action for the sake of action to lead into the next storybit, loved based Black Manta

>retards counting merch deals and sponsorships as part of the movie earnings
This is a whole new level of retardation

he was better than those 3 "ancillary" characters that added nothing to the plot

Into the Spider-Verse is in the upper half of the films by that standard and pretty close to the series average of 4.4x; there are four films below it and of them cost over twice as much to make with some closing in on three times as expensive.

SFH 6.9x (165M)
SM1 5.9x (139M)
SHC 5.0x (175M)
SES 4.2x (90M)
SM2 3.9x (200M)
SM3 3.4x (250M)
AS1 3.2x (230M)
AS2 2.7x (255M)

how can someone's tastes be so basic?
it's almost upsetting.

They were paid over one hundred million dollars for endorsement deals. Sony didn't pay Coca-Cola for that massive billboard in the film.

don't bully Gwenpoole. she is cute and perfect.

Sony paid for the massive billboards in real life and TV ads though. On Nickelodeon the ads played after every show

chromatic aberration makes a pic look like >shadman.

This movie was popular because it made normies feel like they were reading comics without the effort of actually doing so, and was by extension only popular with them for that reason. It's the faux vintage object for hipsters of movies, if you ever read a Spider-Man comic in your life you know this movie is nothing special.

>Get Woke, Go Broke

I seem to recall being told that nobody would accept a Black Panther film, being told that nobody wanted a Carol film, and being told that nobody would accept Zendaya as Mary Jane.

Yes.

Attached: 6ffeab704e2ae26f61ad05bf641a5e92.jpg (3508x4961, 1.43M)

>nobody would accept Zendaya as Mary Jane.
Nobody has

Already nutted to her 15 times fag

Pretty accepted to me

this movie wasnt woke. It was good though.

I am pretty sure you recall incorrectly. People wanted a black panther movie.
People wanted to see a movie that had something to do with the infinity war, so people went to see captain marvel because of avengers only to find out it didnt.
People didnt like Zendaya pointing out the obvious and being bitch so she changed a little bit to be less hurr durr obvious history lesson hurr durr.

People have shit taste, what else is new

>People wanted a black panther movie.
Not according to the same people who spam "woke broke lmao rhymes" every other thread.

He deserves to get a good animated reboot.

>denying reality
>saying it went broke when it made profit
>listing a bunch of comedy movies you can take your 8 year old kid to and comparing it to yet ANOTHER spider man movie thats all animated and barely had any marketing

Literally half the people who vote for the Oscar animation awards don't give the slightest shit about them. Some outright refuse to watch foreign films, some vote for what their kids enjoyed, some vote for a movie because it has dogs and they like dogs, some vote based on which brand name is attached to the movie.

A cartoon? Yikes. I prefer my movies about people getting super strength by being bitten by radioactive spiders then running around in spandex punching bad guys to be in live-action, thank you very much. What do I look like, a child or something?

Attached: tumblr_nvonufo2gi1qa81lco1_1280.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

I didnt see any advertising for it. Only reason I knew it existed is random internet people.

Exactly. If anything, all capeshit movies should be animated from now on. MCU and liveaction shit is pretty god damn boring now

Are you joking or just retarded?

neither, im right

My point was that movie audiences are fucking idiots. It doesn't matter if you're right, what matters is making money off of those idiots. If you expect hollywood to change anything you're retarded. If you don't expect anything can change, then you're just yelling at a wall, which is also retarded.

Attached: loaf.jpg (576x960, 99K)

tiananmen square massacre