#boycottmulan

bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-49373276
The leading actress in the new Live Action Mulan is very anti-Hong Kong, and Pro-China, leading many to boycott Disney for hiring her.
I-Is it over? Did we win, bros?

Attached: e900c4ef-da97-4759-ae3f-6d2debe41841.jpg (400x286, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2019/film/news/mulan-disney-crystal-liu-yifei-mushu-china-1203264522/amp/
youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For every American who actually goes through with not seeing the movie, there will be 100 Chinamen who will go see it. This boycott means nothing.

Who the fuck cares

Attached: 1526405092281.jpg (788x926, 92K)

I saw the tag trending on Twitter too OP

Still phased that Mulan is even considered for live action.
If Disney's live action versions of their best selling cartoons flopped how the hell can a live version of a flopped cartoon sell?

Is he our number-one-super-guy?

Attached: hong-kong-phooey-1974_L13.jpg (720x544, 51K)

Yeah, I just wanted to talk about it here.

i had no intention of watching shitty disney live action reboots to begin with.

Hollywood doesn't make movies for Americans anymore. They make them for China. Get used to it.

Lion King is the highest grossing animated film of all time with over a billion dollars. This train isn't stopping anytime soon.

Free my nigga Hong Kong phooey

Hmmm...
Boycott the film, like I've been doing with all these remakes, to spite Disney... Or watch the movie to spite retards who get mad about this?....

Anyways, I didn't even know Hong Kong and China weren't the same thing!

>Lion King is the highest grossing animated film of all time

Funny how Disney is so hot to call it an animated film now when during all the marketing they insisted it was "live-action".

China isn't a fan either.
variety.com/2019/film/news/mulan-disney-crystal-liu-yifei-mushu-china-1203264522/amp/

This, they just want to fellate whatever press makes them look better. It was a love-action remake during marketing, and now that they can call it the "most successful X" they're calling it animated and playing that up.

That fucker wasn't lying.
China can carry the worst atrocities even if they flop on the US. Look at Warcraft and Bayformers.

Even China wants Mushu.

I wish all chinamen died.

So one live remake flops. They still have half a dozen more to taint the Earth with.

No.

Well they didn’t carry Warcraft hard enough and now we’ll never see an Arthas movie

Stupid wojack poster. The most pathetic part is you probably have a ton of this reddit crap saved.

>twitter shit will never be banned on Yea Forums
Feels bad man

Since when?

YEAH, BOYCOTT MULAN BECAUSE THE ACTRESS SUPPORTS CHINA!!
What do you mean we should’ve boycotted Wonder Woman just because her actress was part of the IDF and trained soldiers to kill citizens? Don’t be absurd...

Wonder Woman was forced to as a citizen of that country, the Mulan actress isn't in China, and therefore at no risk of their government.

I'm sure Hong Kong Phooey would still be airing reruns on Boomerang/Cartoon Network even with this Hong Kong schtick going on right now

>No songs
>No mushu

Why the fuck would you want to see it anyway?

Disney said, and lied, that it would be following the original legend closely.

No you dimwad, this was obviously a commercial stunt from Disney to make more Chinese normies watch the Mulan reboot. The timing and situation can't be coincidental. And what about that #boycottmulan? How many people live in Hongkong? 7 million? Why would Disney give a fuck about losing 7 million potential viewers, when you could pander to a potential audience of 200x the populous of Hong Kong?

Attached: u_gay_no.jpg (720x697, 38K)

If anything this is going to make the Chinese government to force every citizen to watch the movie twice just to make a point.

Mainland China already doesn't like it, because of all the historical inaccuracies. Is this really gonna be enough save it for Chinese audiences?

He wasn’t lying because you would need about 10 times the revenue from china to match American returns. Even more because disney strong arms theaters into a bigger paycut out here.

It's not Disney shilling, it's just common sense. Americans aren't the only ones going to the movies. The foreign markets are HUGE, possibly bigger than the US market. Why do you think there are so many Ice Age movies?

youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE

That woman has no idea what Irony is, does she? Wake me up when Eddie Murphey repeats the same sentiment.

Is Eddie Murphey going to be in the movie?

considering this movie is being made for china, not the US, no.

business as usual for the mouse.

Because they want that Yuan so much they can taste it. That is before the yuan devalues to bumroll status that is.

Its sad though, between the CCP book burning and disneyiffication this is like filter coffee until its just water.

Attached: 2594050926_88f292e947_b.jpg (763x1024, 471K)

Tiananmen Square Massacre

honestly this
if it was the other way around I'd be interested, there's nothing as fun as good old whinne the poo shitting his pants in anger

Attached: 1501875928709.jpg (500x399, 29K)

But Power Rangers flopped badly in China, stopping any potential sequels for a long time. So maybe they’re good for something after all.

Would it really be so hard to boycott this movie? Its probably going to be exactly the same as the firsr one. Like all ghe other remakes it will add nothing to the film except floating afew bad actors until their next rent check.

>Disney is making a live action Mulan movie!
>Implying China themselves haven't already done that a hundred times already
I feel like this is the real thing that would hurt this movie, it's literally already been done over and over again and for all kinds of different audiences.

Kids have their fun and goofy retellings, while adults can watch the ones where all of Mulan's friends die in war and she gets PTSD'd to hell and back. With no Mushu and no songs then what on earth is Disney's hook supposed to be?

It seems to be building itself on calling the old movie racist, but now the new one is more racist, so I don't know.

Really? That's bizarre, especially since the Chinese loved the original movie anyway since it had an amazing dub, Jackie Chan was singing in it for fucks sake.

It seems to be made for American audiences. China hated the trailer.