Krypton Cancelled At SYFY

RIP
I
P

Attached: ECHf7T7WsAAFjy_.jpg (827x779, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!5w9gyCzR!NP6JDw4rRwfuJLva9TskBQ
comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/16/krypton-reportedly-shopped-other-outlets/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Duh. Who wants to watch a show about Superman’s dad?

We all know how it ends though.

Who could have possibly seen that coming? I mean it's not like every DC show that isn't on the CW gets canceled almost immediately or anything

now to set aside $20 a month for when they announce the pick up on HBO Max

>cancelled
based

It had 2 seasons. That is as much as 70% of Marvel's shows.

Thank fucking god. There was way too much DC shit ruining television.

Also that shitty Lobo spinoff is dead too

Attached: Screenshot_20190816-162027_Chrome.jpg (1079x1235, 562K)

Syfy actually has been cancelling like 90% of their shows, so it should be expected.
SyFy appears to be dying. Which is unfortunate.
Kill yourself ladderbro

Attached: 1563297414691.png (595x900, 60K)

nothing of value was lost

>Defiance and Dominion
I didn't think it would still hurt but it does

SyFy used to air some great stuff. Granted, it's now just shitty shark movies, but still.

They finally strated making entertaining sci-fi again. Granted beside Expanse that they didn't really make, it is all insanely cheap and Canadian.

>it's now just shitty shark movies
I don't see a single shark in this cover so checkmate

Attached: Banana-Splits-3D-Ocard.jpg (800x1072, 155K)

Seething Pajeet

Was this in like preproduction or something? Surely it wasn't an actual airing television show, else Yea Forums or even Yea Forums would have talked about it, right? .....Right?

No one cares about DC shit

Used to get Syfy on my old DirecTV package but they decided to move onto one of the premium packs. It's their own fault I couldn't watch them.

Huh, I'm surprised Killjoys have this little fall-off.

reminder to report ladderbro/company war post

At least tv stations want DC on the air. Same cant be said for the non canon Marvel shows.

Attached: end-of-netflix-marvel.jpg (646x431, 92K)

reminder to report ladderbro/company war post

>It's real
The fuck were they thinking? Why would they use the Banana Splits for a horror movie? I'm very confused. Were they trying to ride on that old FNAT hype that's already dead?

It's just the FNAF script that they reused for Banana Splits.
Who cares about the Banana Splits anyway?

It's just so random.

The FNAF movie was like a big movie they were planning, but shit went down, I don't remember what happened and, seemingly as a fuck you, gave it to the banana splits. Apparently it's OK

I for one greatly appreciate WB's fuck it attitude when it comes to their direct to DVD movies

Good job Javier! 1 cent has been deposited into your Mickey clubhouse account

You're both faggots

I watched 4 episodes of the first season and got bored to tears. Surprised it lasted that long.

So much crap cancelled
Its the dodgening

Can't imagine why.

Attached: Flop.png (1080x1757, 279K)

You never even watched it, faggot

No one did DCuck that's why it's canceled

That's what you get for trying to do a political thriller based on Superman, without Superman.

Fuck off laddermcufag

Damn it! Now we’ll never know how Superman gets to Earth

I remember that official trailer that had the loud nigra scream.

This is terrible.

Attached: ratings.png (332x592, 16K)

Did the show have any waifus?
Honest question.

It wasn't cancelled after season 1?

DC is in shambles
Just sell it to Disney and stop the bleeding

Capeshit fags always shrill over Netflix marvel or Swampthing and dump on the Arrowverse. But those shows must be doing something right if they’re always outlasting everyone else.

>Caprica is cancelled because nobody likes prequel that lacks what made original good; also prequel so nothing that happens will change what we already know
>Krypton is greenlit
SYFY DIDN'T LEARN THEIR LESSON, DID THEY?

Attached: 1418691649850.png (453x342, 221K)

Does this mean all Superman media is subsequently cancelled? This is truly a sad day for Earth's greatest protector

but it shows that in the first five minutes of the pilot

Then what the hell is the point of the show

>Earth's greatest protector
Iron Man?

Nobody wants to watch SyFy originals on SyFy. They could succeed on any other platform, but there.

Or just maybe the CW has such shitty fucking ratings in general that it doesn't matter how bad the arrowverse shows do

That shit becomes different because General Zod and Adam Strange fuck up the timeline.

The show ends with Jor-El kidnapped by Brainiac, Brainiac planning to invade Earth, Jor-El's mother being stranded on Rann that's being invaded by Thanagar and Jor-El's dad teaming up with Lobo.

They lost me in season 2 with the "codex" weapon. Fucking Goyer. I KNOW that was his fucking idea. Then Zod seriously threatened to kill his own mother in his past, as if doing so wouldn't wipe him from existence. Shit writing. It was painful enough trying to ignore the forced diversity throughout the whole series.

Checked

What happened to this dude?

Attached: voice.jpg (825x464, 32K)

>Iron man
>Protector of anything

brainiac assimilated him
so he is ded

Fell down the stairs

Atleast Pennyworth is pretty great.

Damn...you'd think he'd see it coming

cancelled

Well at least they succeed in their own weight class. Instead of their overly ambitious yet less successful competitors.

Nobody wants to watch Syfy originals on Syfy. These shows like Deadly Class could've literally succeeded being Netflix/Amazon originals, but nobody gives a wet shit about SyFy. Also doesn't help that AoS just fatigued everyone out of these side spin offs that rely on "that guy with the hammer" references to carry their show.

> every DC show that isn't on the CW gets canceled almost immediately

Gotham lasted 5 seasons and got a proper ending.

Lois and Clark had 4 seasons.

Preacher is ending at 4 seasons.

No one. That's why this was a show about Supermans granddad.

Season 2 was way better than season 1. Sad to see it go.

you forgot Lucifer which is getting a 5th final season.

Ah yes, because Syfy has ratings powerhouses like wynonna earp, van Hellsing, and... Killjoys? Is killjoys even still on?

Lucifer is a DC show in name only though, isn't it? It has nothing to do with the source material

For a brief period of time, Smallville was the longest running show on air across all networks

Yeah...those were good days.

I deliberately didn't name Lucifer because it has basically nothing at all to do with the comic.

The person I was responding to said non CW shows. THat's why I didn't mention Smallville.

It's still a DC property however you look at it. But yeah, it definitely derailed. The take aways here is that nobody wants to watch a Superman or Batman spinoff without Supes or Bats. Swamp Thing's problem is being on a shit service like DC Universe that launched half cocked without any of these originals that were promised.

Derailed? It didn't adapt the comic to begin with. It was never on the metaphorical rails you are referring to.

And idk what DCU has to do with this thread but it is getting the shows they promised. They never said it would launch with them. Titans is about to start s2. Doom Patrol aired and is getting a second season. Stargirl is still filming. YJ season 3 is about to end. Harley Quinn starts soon as well and is basically finished.

Sounds like it's getting exactly the originals they said it would regardless of whether it's a good service or not.

Also Swamp Thing getting canceled was because suits didn't get the show they wanted not because it was on DCU

Yes, for 5th and final season.

F

Attached: 2bEijqc.jpg (1000x1334, 100K)

mega.nz/#F!5w9gyCzR!NP6JDw4rRwfuJLva9TskBQ

This. The Arrowverse shows may be on shoestring budgets but they know what they want to be. Plus, it's almost like having a smaller budget makes you try harder or something.

That reminds me how damn good BSG was.

Didn't quite stick the landing but ah well.

another one.
recession signs is real
dam :/

It’s his Granddad. Still true tho

Now they can make a green lantern show!

Chin up, they can't all be 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'

Attached: tumblr_o7a2vxwRY31uihqpao1_500.gif (500x500, 1.69M)

Once upon a time, sci-fi (before the rebranding) was the one place where science fiction programming was still a thing on television. Then Syfy pretty much have up on it in favor of shitty reality TV, right around the time that sci-fi/fantasy were making a major resurgence everywhere else. Syfy has tried to get back into the game, but a lot of it has been low quality bait compared to what the premium channels/streaming services are pumping out

This. They should've made this an Amazon Prime deal or something if they wanted actual exposure.

IZombie also got a proper ending and lasted what, 5 seasons.

Plus Lois & Clark only ended early because of drama between the network and the show runners, the ratings were not an issue, nor was the cost of the show.

not the user you're arguing with, but FOX has Gotham for longer than 2-3 season, and gave it a proper enough ending so your point is still incorrect

I'm more pissed they cancelled Happy! and Deadly Class with massive cliffhangers. Deadly Class in particular pissed me off, they didn't even get the courtesy of a second season.

Jeesus those year-to-year drops, even for their most popular show. Yeah, Syfy is dying, that much is clear.

The ratings paint a clear picture for why they were cancelled, the only question is why Wynonna Earp was renewed, it must be really cheap to make.

Game of Thrones could've premiered on SyFy and their viewership still would've been abysmal

Problem is you need budget for Scifi/fantasy fiction and SyFy wasn't willing to cough it up.

About time

Attached: 13515847361.png (600x600, 370K)

I'm more worried about the fact that Alien News Desk will get cancelled too. It's also on SyFy.

The ratings for it are not really good here as I posted them As for Wynonna Earp it's a different story since fans were the powerhour of the renewal for another season.

Happy! season two was complete horseshit, I was glad to see it go

Fuck.

Krypton was the best comic show on television. All the CW crap and MCU TV crap gets multiple seasons but the show with an actually interesting premise, no villain of the week bullshit, and movie quality effects (this Doomsday was better than BvS actually) gets canned.

Very disappointed - especially cause no more based smug Brainiac.

Attached: Doomsday.jpg (1000x1125, 186K)

>Krypton was the best comic show on television.
You meant Legion, right?

Jesus fuck. They need to just up the budget per show already. I actually enjoyed the first few episodes of Nightflyers but stopped watching because work got in the way of air times. Did it go to shit? And I'm shocked to see Z Nation got cancelled

>5 CW shows
>3 DC streamed shows
>The Boys
>5 more shows across various services
Try harder

That sucks, other than Doom Patrol it was easily their best live-action show. I was hoping to see Brainiac go up against the Justice Society or some precursor to them in the next season

Attached: hawkworld 2.jpg (838x1280, 212K)

ladderbro, no degree yet?
that mouse house college intern credit isn't really as transferable as they advertised?
you should sue them - but then you agreed to that arbitration clause when Ryan Seacrest and Kelly Ripa would vote on whether you were a real person or a bot....

Attached: angsty stalker is angsty.jpg (600x401, 29K)

>hat's what you get for letting David Goyer do Superman

Attached: fixed-stamp-red-round.jpg (1500x1363, 695K)

AT&T is considering axing them.

Last hopes?
comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/16/krypton-reportedly-shopped-other-outlets/

Comparing Caprica and Krypton is retarded. Caprica's issue was that they promised the birth of the cylons but 90% of the actual series ended up being about a family and relationship drama with a stupid online VR gaming subplot, and it was only at the very end that you had decent action and cylon shit happening.

Krypton was about time travel shenanigans in the past related to Brainiac that was threatening to erase the current day Superman out of existence.

I'm glad someone else remembers. this is probably the only event that made me even realize this show was a thing.

This sucks. It's one of, if not the, best comic book shows airinv right now.

Attached: Team-StarKid-Twisted-villains-400x267.jpg (400x267, 24K)

go woke

>only make the same sjw show again and again about some strong black wyman owning the white male patriarchy
>wonder why ratings keep getting worse and worse each year
it's the comic industry all over again

Explain

The same people who want to see Batman as a kid and Alfred before he became Wayne's butler.

The Boys isn't a DC show you fucking moron they just mock them because DC is fucking shit

does your tiny retard brain think Brightburn and Deadpool are DC movies too?

Loud nigra hype trailer was a big sign

I fapped to that syfy 3D show

I havent finished the second season but I really liked season 1, wasn't like Gotham (ie a Batman show without Batman), this felt like its own thing, drew alot from the Worlds of Krypton mini-series too.

Solid sci-fi show, shame its getting cancelled. Lobo fucking sucked though and a spinoff with him was a stupid idea

kek

NNNNG, she dies though??

>kino season one
>absolute shit season two
>season three can't fix the show so it limps off
kek no

No