Is it true Powerpuff Girls was made with the intention of combating DBZ's success on Cartoon Network?

Is it true Powerpuff Girls was made with the intention of combating DBZ's success on Cartoon Network?

Attached: R-8483235-1462490812-4144.jpeg.jpg (600x596, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tJ_bPEN3KNo
youtube.com/watch?v=LA1D06K6
youtube.com/watch?v=K-aIIf2a4xY
youtube.com/watch?v=C1nDiuaeOHs
youtube.com/watch?v=67flFO6AtDg
youtube.com/watch?v=XDKx4hLrGHg
youtube.com/watch?v=BNVCnO1D0HU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blossoms, commander and the litter

Bubbles, she is the joy and lobster

Buttercup, and she's a topless spider

Powerpop save the day

No, Powerpuff Girls was made in Cartoon Network's first wave of original content alongside Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo

They both started running on CN at roughly the same time, with PPG premiering as a highly successful pilot 3 years earlier.
So no.

McCracken and Faust flat out said they hated DBZ in the 90s. When goku went ss3 it boosted CN's ratings and everyone at the network got their feefees hurt because the nips beat them at their own game. That's why chickenball z and all those other parodies exist

>When goku went ss3 it boosted CN's ratings and everyone at the network got their feefees hurt because the nips beat them at their own game. That's why chickenball z and all those other parodies exist
I'm pretty sure it's because DBZ was super popular, not out of spite. If you wanna try and have an east vs. west argument, best not to use complete garbage anime like DBZ.

Goku going SS3 didn't air in the US until the early 00s, and I'm pretty sure the parodies were done because they knew that kids liked DBZ and they probably liked it too, because chickenball z felt like a fun parody that never was trying to bash DBZ at all.

Memes and shit aside why do west folk get so asshurt over anime? Like I've noticed in Marvel stuff from the early 00's a lot of shit flinging towards anime and manga why?

But Princess' first episode had a DBZ inspired fight

But Mr. Warburton is a weeb, he did that DBZ on KND parody along with other anime references out of respect. Maxwell Atoms is probably the same way

Attached: SJ104_019_GuestArt.jpg (1126x1600, 320K)

Wasn't it just that pose where Blossom gets out of the way like Trunks does with 18?

Basically it was marketed as a "girls alternative dragonball". This promo is a good example youtube.com/watch?v=tJ_bPEN3KNo

Attached: 51x4HaSRV7L._AC_SY400_.jpg (500x375, 32K)

>Numbuh 4 isn't Sanji
>Numbuh 3 isn't Luffy

Numbuh 4 fits Luffy better because they're both hotheads who love getting into fights, but have a loyalty to their friends. Numbuh 1 being Sanji fits pretty nicely too b ecause they're both calm and collected, and have a weird taste in women.

They looked at the show like "wow it's just retard muscle men beating the shit out of each other"

Didn't McCraken make the PPG pilot in like '92? Pretty sure DBZ didn't start airing in America til the mid 90's

Attached: Whoopass_Stew_-_1992.png (1086x684, 599K)

Why do people come on here and spout such easily verifiable lies?

don't be retarded.
if it was their intention they sure as hell would've never made them little girls.

and they never had a hit as good since

because it was cheaper to license anime than to produce tv animation
they won not by neing better but by being produce out of slave labor

dbz is Yea Forums

Why do people reply to those "lies" without backing up their claims?

See

This album has multiple Elephant 6 bands and musicians on it which is very based

No

Nigga what is a Adventure Time

yeah you have a problem with that is the Powerpuff Girls premiered in like 1998 which means the series was probably in productions for like 2 years before first airing. so somehow cartoon Network would have to know two years in advance that they were going to buy the rights to air Dragon Ball before green lighting The Powerpuff Girls. I think promotions like this existed was because Dragon Ball was popular and somewhat a Cartoon Network property and The Powerpuff Girls was popular with girls ( they always had to have a boy toy and a girl toy) and a Cartoon Network property

Because people who was writing in the 2000s were like 30 to 40 years old and when you introduce someone that old to a new medium they'll most likely not like it and s*** on it especially if it's kicking their ass. it's essentially just old man yells at a clouds like how old people used to think the Simpsons were vulgar there was a thread on on Yea Forums a while ago where we just kept showing pictures of old people from different time hating new things

Dragon Ball's Ocean Dub aired in '95. We got DBZ in '96. So yes, you are correct.

adventure time is one show not a lineup

How do you fuck up a remake this badly?
youtube.com/watch?v=LA1D06K6
youtube.com/watch?v=K-aIIf2a4xY

Fart jokes make me horny

a show that's worse than any of those 3

It was also a What A Cartoon! short in 1995 (two episodes: Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins and Crime 101). It was so happy it became it's own show

Samurai Jack, Kids Next Door, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Billy and Mandy, and Ed Edd n Eddy then faggot

remember that time the powerpuff girls fucking ate an alien race because they looked like vegetables?
youtube.com/watch?v=C1nDiuaeOHs
remember that time they beat mojo jojo to a fucking pulp over candy
youtube.com/watch?v=67flFO6AtDg
remember that time buttercup beat bad guys who didn du nothin just to rip their teeth out of their mouths?
youtube.com/watch?v=XDKx4hLrGHg
anyways, whats the best episode?

courage the cowardly dog ended around the time samurai jack and knd premiered, fosters premiered 3 years later just as samurai jack was ending
thats not a fucking lineup you fucking moron

Ed Edd n Eddy 1999-2009
Billy and Mandy 2000-2008
Samurai Jack 2001-2004
Codename kids Next Door 2001-2008
Courage the Cowardly Dog ended in 1996- 2002
Foster home for imaginary friends 2004-2009

The only shows that wouldn't have been on at the same time would be Foster and courage so that's still a mother loving lineup

Wonderful

Attached: ce2b0f_6463884.jpg (1200x915, 144K)

That's still not to mention that Powerpuff Girls and Dexter and I think Johnny Bravo was still airing new episodes they may not have been a as good quality as before but they were still good. and i didn't even mentioned foreign shows like totally Spies, Atomic Betty and the anime. So yeah Cartoon Network had a pretty solid lineup from the 90s to the 2000s after CN real I would have to say they stopped having as strong of lineups. They're some okay ones like Gumball ,Adventure Time, Regular Show, and the first couple seasons of Steven Universe before the it became too woke for me

Don't forget how this promotion happened because Burger King wanted in on the DBZ craze and went to FUNimation for the rights, in which they pretty much got the license for free because at the time the company was just some low-budget no-name Texas company that caught lightning in a bottle. Cartoon Network got word of this and was pissed off that they would get nothing out of it despite the show being their highest-rated and pretty much begged BK to market PPG alongside DBZ to get their own shares.

It was also pretty obvious with the parody Johnny Bravo did which also bashed Pokemon.

youtube.com/watch?v=BNVCnO1D0HU

no buddy

>what is Ed Edd n Eddy

No.

The PPG got their start on CN *well before* DBZ was brought to Toonami. They were conceived back in 92 when nobody barely had any idea what Dragon Ball was and their pilot shorts were aired in 95 and 96 before put on repeat for a while.

It's technically true that DBZ aired (reruns of the original Ocean Dub that ends with Goku starting to fight the Ginyu Force) before PPG's full TV series came out--by a couple months.But PPG became the highest rated show of the time and it would take about two years before CN started airing new DBZ episodes.

The dates don't match up at all, even if McCracken actually has a hateboner for the series, which I doubt. Not saying he did or didn't like it, but even in their heyday when showrunners actually had any clout with the CN suits, I doubt any of them wanted to create a show just to fuck with an "interloper" series.

Attached: 1550489888620.jpg (1620x1620, 221K)

I dig this style

It was more Iron Man than DBZ

Actually...

The fight (and PPG in general) owes more to Project A-Ko, down to a spoiled snob of a girl in a power suit fighting a red head on school grounds.

Buttercup also once did a move that I saw in Saber Marionette J which came out a year or two before PPG, but in general the show does have anime/toku inspirations and even western stuff-- I had it pointed out to me the Mayor's office intentionally looks like Commissioner Gordon's from 66 Batman.

Craig really likes the Adam West Batman show