Why aren't more people going after ionic powers in Marvel?

>Thor level strength and durability
>immortality
>energy powers
>Easy process to get the powers

You would think more people would be trying to get some Wonder Man powers since it is easy access to top class 100 level.

Instead everyone wants to make or be a Hulk.

Attached: 24.jpg (700x410, 88K)

I can only think of 3 characters with ionic energy powers

Wonder Man
Atlas
Nefaria

Maybe it's just harder to replicate?

>Maybe it's just harder to replicate?
I mean he was made on purpose, with no real awful side effects, in one go. That's already better than most attempted Hulks or Super Soldiers.

Because Hulk is more popular.

That Nefaria arc of Busiek Avengers that crossed over with Thunderbolts and featured all three was pretty great. Too bad Perez was dying and the art starts to go to shit.

I guess Rogue has a copy of Simon's powers now

She should turn purple

It’s pretty difficult, only people that really had it down were Zemo senior and his lab assistant, and both of those dudes are deader than disco. And who ever created death web had to have some knowledge on the process, since one of their guys was ionically powered.

There’s also the fact that once you go ionic, you paint a count nefaria shaped target on your back.

This, basically.

Wonder Man's stuck as a joke tier character, Nefaria's never used anymore, and Atlas is stuck in anti-hero hell.

>death web

Mind you, it did turn Therak into a giant spider monster. So still had some kinks to work out.

Attached: 1537010930928.jpg (725x661, 74K)

And now he’s stuck in Nefaria’s basement, trussed up like a thanksgiving turkey, ready for whenever the count is feeling a bit pecking.

>with no real awful side effects
Wonderman and Atlas have both had periods of insanity because of their powers.
And then there's this guy:

I still have no idea what his powers have to do with ionic energy. If anything Spider-man is the one with ionic powers.

Might as well ask what the Hulk's powers have to do with gamma rays.

Hulk transformation is easy mode since a blood transfusion may be enough. Too bad it’s so unstable.

Gamma rays are just an energy source for his muscles. It's another story to be "made of ionic energy"

Stan didn't know either, user. He was just putting words together.

There have been a few others, but Nefaria usually eats them pretty quickly.

I thought wonderman went crazy because he was dead for a while and never got over it, and Atlas went nuts from playing with pym particles

Made his molecules super dooper dense by holding them together really nicely. So he was totally incapable of being hurt. Not sure how that translated to Hulk level strength but I guess really tough means really strong in Marvel too.

He kind of works like Vision only it just makes him super dense and stays that way.

Attached: 3655846-5360597056-IMG_0.jpg (584x915, 689K)

>No awful side effects

Pretty sure Wonder Man dies at the end of OP's comic

>I thought wonderman went crazy because he was dead for a while and never got over it,
It was tied to his powers being unstable as well, in his solo book and again in Bendis' Avengers. Both times also involved him accepting that he wasn't the real Simon Williams, which also affected his sanity badly.

>and Atlas went nuts from playing with pym particles
You may be right, not sure if they specify which of his powers is the cause.