Built up as Hulk's arch enemy

>Built up as Hulk's arch enemy
>Jobbed constantly to the Hulk
>Got bossed around by MODOK
>Gets killed in one panel by Red Hulk
>Is currently replaced by Fortean, the motherfucker who looks like's covered in snot
How would you fix him?

Attached: abomination.png (360x502, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DRE2vHviv5k
marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Samuel_Sterns_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Replaced
He’ll be back. Pretty sure Ewing will make him a greater monster than ever before once he falls from orbit in some sort of biblical statement

>In the Book of Revelations, a star named Wormwood falls out of the sky and turns the waters bitter
>Abomination looks like a fishman
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

>doesn't know the difference between Abominations
Oof

Nobody calls Abomination Hulk's arch enemy. His arch enemy is The Leader

looks like it's hulk spam day

make him a teenager!

The two sorta filled the role with each other well. Abomination acted as the dark mirror to Bruce who did most of the fighting, while Leader did his keikaku bullshit.
Leader even got upset when he got killed by Ross.

Firstly, the mindless shell is left to rot at the end of this arc.

Secondly, two years later a streak of light across the night sky announces the return of something that had been dumbed near Jupiter.

The shell gets up and starts to move - walk - towards an unknown impact point.

Soon, it is met by a hideous shambling figure. The two embrace, join, become one.

There is a terrifying howling cry, inhuman, like a demon's birth cry.

Cue the company-wide crossover 'Absolutely Abominable'.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRE2vHviv5k

The problem is that Abomination's only power is blunt force trauma and almost never manages to defeat the Hulk. Something needs to be done.

Like when he returns and reforms, the fusion of the two Abominations somehow reforming the tortured soul of Emil Blonsky, opens a doorway to Hell and it travels with him.

Wouldn't he a better portal for the One Below All?

Especially if he is made nontrivially more powerful than the Hulk...

Attached: Emil.jpg (605x475, 44K)

Maybe he does what Carnage does with Knull but for The One Below All, except, you know, actually good.
Turning people into gamma mutants n' shit.

>Blonsky returns
>He's missing random hunks of flesh that were used to make Subject B

we must go deeper
>In the Book of Revelations, Satan makes his own unholy trinity to destroy the world with
>They are the Beast of the Sea, the Whore of Babylon, and the False Prophet
>Abomination already fits the role of "Beast of Sea" or some shit
>False Prophet could easily go to Leader
The only question is, who's the whore? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

We go full Lovecraft. His reentry into orbit and impact cause Gamma Chernobyl. His form is even more grotesque, having another set of buff arms. Maybe even tentacles? He rises from the sea, and can now infect others into Gamma monsters

Titania.

The real question is, how is Del Frye gonna factor into this? He may actually end up being important considering that Metatron talks about him in the same importance as "the thoughtful man", who might just be The Leader. Will he become Half Life 2.0?

>He’ll be back.
Problem is, even if he is he'll probably be weaker/less dangerous than the bio-suit version Fortean is using, which is even less dignifying than not coming back at all.

>The only question is, who's the whore? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?
That's not actually a question though

Attached: 1562358952301.jpg (900x1659, 400K)

>Ewing dabs on Aaron into oblivion by tearing apart his He-Hulk
based if true

I mean he's a gamma bruiser with static strength. He'd sorta fucked from the get-go.

Give him cap level respect even while he's killing civilians infront of each other. They blindly trust the abomination. They call him OURnation.

>people acting like Blonsky is going to be some huge player when Ewing’s already said he wasn’t even going to use Abomination until Bennett said he wanted to draw him
I don’t think Ewing is as interested in Blonsky himself as much as you guys are.

The problem with Abomination is that he was never a major villain, but for some reason in the 70s started getting pushed a lot in merchandise and publications like Origins of the Marvel Comics Villains. It may have been because he looks cooler than Leader, but at that point in time, he'd only appeared a small handful of times after his original Tales to Astonish two-parter, with gaps of many years between appearances and several of those appearances not even being in Hulk comics. Even then, he was mostly confined to space or ended up comatose for years.

I'm not saying he would have been forgotten, but it's likely he wouldn't be considered such an important part of the mythos if it wasn't for him getting such an inexplicable push that even normies saw.

I'm pretty sure the bio-suit we are seeing now is the most we will see of him. This ugly suit is already better at fighting Hulk than Blonksy himself ever was.

What I get from what Metatron saying is
>Horseman of War
Fortean
>Beast of myth
Dario Agger
>Hulk that was
Either Green Scar, Professor, or Guilt Hulk
>Thing in the tube
Del Frye
>Thoughtful man
The Leader

Attached: the immortal leader.jpg (1420x946, 89K)

What makes you say that? Bet you money he’s stronger and was exposed to something else while in space
HOT

Oh, I assumed the Horseman of War was Hulk, since he has literally been the Horseman of War and this comic seems to be alluding to every iteration of Hulk that it can.

Attached: HulkWar.jpg (600x946, 154K)

Because the thing that makes the suit Abombination dangerous is his vomit, and I can't see them giving that to Blonsky.

Just gotta give him some weird bullshit from being in space for too long.

he was Always a jobber minion
leader or modok where more an arch enemy of hulk then blonksy ever was.

Attached: rulk.jpg (190x261, 63K)

Give him a scaling Hulk power up, but not anger. He gets stronger the more sad he gets, or something gay like that. He could step on a puppy and become World War Abomination.

Nope, Ewing said nothing Metatron mentioned had happened yet, and then we got Fortean with his nightmare armor the very next issue.

Wasn’t that Rick? Also this

shut up loeb

>Wasn’t that Rick?
The suit itself seems to gives the wearer that power. Fortean's nose already seems to be dripping the same stuff he Rick sprayed Hulk with.

It’s the bio-armor that gives the powers. Rick wore it, and now Fortean is.

blonsky was a bitch and died a bitch

Attached: Red-Hulk-punches-The-Watcher.jpg (1000x810, 931K)

>Fortean
I was surprised they'd bring something back from Parker's Rulk run, but I guess it's Ewing we're talking about.

Blonsky combines with the Abomination suit, jacking his strength and giving the vomit drop power. Blonsky's problem has always been that his strength is hardcapped while Hulk's is infinite. He's a physical threat that is objectively inferior to his opponent in every way.

Something like the acid could help him be a better threat to the Hulk, since it sorta handicaps the Green Giant from healing.

I liked what PAD did with him, but he doesn't appear to be needed anymore. He doesn't seem like a challenge to Hulk. Ross, Juggs ,and the stuff Ewing is coming up with are more worthwhile as physical adversity. I think Blonsky killing Betty was a mistake that went against his characterization at the time.

God this run was so stupid. Glad Red Hulk has been disposed of three times over now.

Remember when gamma radiation used to give a variety of powers, now it just turns everyone into a Hulk.

Attached: 24.jpg (620x960, 146K)

Most heroes have that evil genius villain and evil opposite villain.

Like Zod and Luthor, Doc Ock and Venom, Black Adam and Sivana,

savage hulk was stated back in the day to have a base strenght of 90 tons that would increase rapidly with anger
blonsky was stronger then base 'calm' savage hulk.
but yeah once hulk got angier, blonsky would get a beat down easy.
also didn't help he was a massive pussy that didn't like pain.

Attached: Abomination is a wimp.jpg (513x141, 34K)

They mostly fucked up in the late 00s when they made it incredibly easy to manufacture Hulks. All of a sudden there was Red Hulk, Red She Hulk, Gray Hulk, new Weapon H, Cho Hulk, Hulking,

Leader had been trying to make another Hulk for 40 years and never could get it right. Now the US and Canadian government can manufacture them as much as they want.

>Hulking
*Hulkling is a Kree/Skrull hybrid you casual

yet all the other 'hulk' lack the increasing strenght part
they all got a capped strenght level and have some other gimmick

Attached: Brian_Banner_(Earth-616)_001.jpg (600x816, 108K)

You meant he Hulk specifically? Because no one has been able to replicate a being on his level (besides Red Hulk, who still never managed to get stronger with anger/stress).

what is the leader doing right now anyway?

What the fuck is the point of his character? I read Hulkverines and I still don't get it.

He was in Hulkverines if I remember correctly.
Benett's apparently making a new design for him, so he's most definitely showing up in Immortal Hulk.

wasn't he dead also?
oh he's red skinned now?
marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Samuel_Sterns_(Earth-616)

The only one that seemed to actually have increasing strength like Hulk wad Skaar and he was born, not made.

skaar used the oldstrong power he got from his mother to increase his strenght though.

Who wants to bet Fortean's gonna end as fucked up as Rick, if not worse, when he gets torn out from the Abomination shell?

will we ever see him again? I know he kinda fucked off back to Sakaar but it'd be cool to see him in immortal hulk at some point

He's in Europe apparently.

I'm really curious how Ewing is going to use him, he deserves a big push.

Attached: The Leader.jpg (736x1117, 112K)

Didn't they allude to him having some of Hulk's rage power too?

Did he need to? He effortlessly beat Surfer, stole his powers, beat up Ghost rider, Hulk a few times, Terrax, Dr Strange, entire Mighty Avengers team.

All under a single writer. Then he was considered a lesser threat under everyone else who used him, died and then two of his legacy iterations lost their powers permanently while fighting the Banner Hulk.

Even long before then there were a ton of gamma active people. If anything, gamma radiation is the most consistent (within a set) empowering mechanism in the Marvel universe. Nobody should give a shit about super soldier serums or Iron Man suits, just open the door of the fancy microwave and tell whomever is left alive to rip and tear.

he was using the Loeb force then.
after loeb got removed, he lost his impressive feats and all those he beat then all got their turn to beat him to a pulp.

Attached: Red hulk.jpg (600x770, 144K)

Yea but it was totally random between anyone who was mutated. It's like cosmic rays in that any power would show up. Seems like modern writers just assume it turns everyone into a Hulk and nothing else.

A batshit wackadoo scientist attempting to kill all mutants by creating a Hulk since M-Pox failed to do the job.

Wait, it's not Hulk, Betty and Rick?

It's so weird looking back at his feats, because he was such a flash in a pan with no staying relevance.

Even the randomness was limited and you pretty much always got something useful. Strength, durability, regen, intelligence, flight, and energy powers, account for 90% of gamma characters.

I thought Thunderbolt Ross was supposed to be Hulk’s archenemy. Makes the most sense to me since he retains his intelligence and planning skills as a general and can go ‘super strength’ as need be with Red Hulk or Hulkbuster-like power armor.

>Thing in the tube

Wait, that wasn't Abomination himself?

>oh he's red skinned now?

He was for a while, but he turned back to 'normal' at the end of that run.

He's not a Gamma person anymore, though.

This makes more sense than the rest of the reaching theories. Hulk isn't the hero right now, he's the villain who wants to end the world on his own terms.

Red Hulk is tripple buried and the comics are pretty much dismissing him as too old and tired to keep doing this shit.

The Intelligentsia made it so he absorbed cosmic energy as he fought, so he got stronger. His only weakness was that he would overheat and it would knock him out. The downside was that it would kill him in a year (although they tried to retcon that later, but they never used the effect again). When he reappeared after the whole shebang, he didn't have that aspect to his power anymore.

Nope. Anyway, he's dead now and likely to stay that way for a while since his spine is now missing thanks to Donny Cates.

Colossus was cremated

If a writer wants to bring a character back they will find a way

you shut your mouth

Even if they bring him back, there are scenes of him before death in Immortal Hulk that make it seem like he's done carrying his grudge and has passed the torch to Fortean.

Too bad then. I always thought Ross was fantastic arch material between his resources as a general in everything from determination and tactics to connections to command the Hulkbuster platoon, hire Leader and Abomination as need be, and of course drama as the love interest’s dad. Then Red Hulk came and ruined that, I guess....

It’s weird reading the early Hulk setups and comparing them to now. An angry Joe Fixit-like hero who always did the right and heroic thing but was super-snide on it, fighting off a plain and simple power-mad General seeking to control and use him, does sound cool as an ongoing setup. Bonus points if he is beloved by the public and the general despised but safe in his echelons of power. And I say that as someone who fully understands why brute Savage Hulk became the pop culture version of him.

Here, conceding to later posts discussing the matter that popped up as I typed. I never got to read much on Hulk but he always interested me as a concept to justify as a superhero in the classic sense with recognizable deeds and opposing genuine villains.

I never got why governments are still trying so hard to remake the supersoldier serum when they have a lot better options now.

Hobgoblins revised goblin formula turns people into a 10 ton brick
The process that made Luke Cage is repeatable
Same with Wonder Man
Power broker figured out how to easily give people 5 ton strength
Now the Weapon program can make an ordinary human into an intelligent gray Hulk

Government inertia man. Sometimes the actual answer doesn’t seem realistic but it makes sense when you think on it.

Wasn't it usually something physical every time? Like they were made stronger, grew wings or claws, their brains or legs grew huge, something like that. Not many gamma freaks got energy type or psychic powers.

Canada can make skintight supersuits that rival Iron Man in power. You would think more investment there would be perfect for a super soldier program.

They could also upload his brainwaves into Zzzax again

Attached: Very very frightening.jpg (1000x1524, 322K)

>Not many gamma freaks got energy type or psychic powers.

Four of the five people empowered in Middleton had energy or psychic powers. Jailbait was force fields, Hotshot energy beams, Omnibus had 'any power he already believed he had' and Soul Man could literally resurrect the souls of the dead. Only Ogress became Hulk-like.

Iron Man may be the worst jobber in the business, in terms of raw power.

Picture the free real estate meme but with Brian Banner

>That pic
Prepare for some smashing. And it won't end with just a smashed bed.

>Nope. Anyway, he's dead now and likely to stay that way for a while since his spine is now missing thanks to Donny Cates.

Then why is he coming back in the Absolute Carnage Immortal Hulk tie-in?

Oh, okay. The Hulk goes to get his spine back???

Why?

I don't think Bruce will be involved at all. Ewing's already shown that any character that's been hit with a significant dosage of gamma rays can come back from the dead. It may take a little longer if you've been recently depowered, but it WILL happen regardless. All you need is a proper jolt.

I hope he resolves this, otherwise it's an annoyingly facile story hook.

>inb4 it's actually fortean vs carnage
imagine knull realizing he's only a big fish in a small pond and the fucking great white is right next to him

Do you mean the One Below All?

Darkness isn't so bad. I sleep in the dark. It's a lot better than sickly gloom.

Ultimate Destruction Abomination is best Abomination.

>inb4 we get Hell on Earth event where Abomination comes back, becomes TOBA's prophet, and starts reviving dead gamma mutates like Madman and Flux to serve his Dark Lord's purpose
It could be Absolute Carnage, but, you know, actually good.

I don't know but I just wish he'd fuck me

Ewing wouldn't have included a hook at all if he didn't want to participate, so he clearly wants to expand on the idea.

Don't tease me like that. Giving these edgelords something to NOPE at would be outstanding.

Also this. Can you imagine Ewing codifying the Hell on Earth War that PAD hinted at in the last issue of his run?

Wasn't the Hell on Earth War in X-Factor?

It was basically just all of the Hell Lords fighting each other and trying to kill Wolfsbane's son

Fuck you Titania is like the least whorish villain. She’s at best cheesecake.

Isn't issues #23-#24 basically gonna be "Hell on Earth"? At least based on the solicitations, but they've never really been that accurate in regards to IH.

She only had sex with Creel.
They are very faithful to each other.

he comes back as a gamma flying brick

Attached: godbot.jpg (238x325, 58K)

what if they do the two faced abomination thing again but with blonsky and talbot's faces as well as fortean's maybe

Didn't Creel fuck Elektra while they were under Kobik's mind control?

blonsky is depowered and joins some big organization as a spy but the corpse of american hero glenn talbot is placed into the shell of subject b to become the all new all different abomination

>implying that they aren't Behemoth, Ziz, and Leviathan

I'm sorry, I don't really know any other women villains that could fill the role!

This reminds me.
>When Rick is in the suit, it has two faces.
>Gets ripped out
>Now the suit has no face.
>Fortean gets into the suit, and it has one face
Where did the second face go?

Rick was literally divided on being forced to kill Hulk. Fortean has no reservation.

It makes sense from the perspective of the military. A 616 Cap-tier person requires no additional logistics and can use all existing equipment without issue, if one goes rogue he's not a particularly major threat by himself, a single instance acts as a massive force multiplier against non-enhanced soldiers, once they get out of the military there is no long-term issue reintegrating them into society, and they'll age gracefully while still retaining a great deal of personal capability well into their senior years. Think about how many billions Canada has poured into Weapon Plus on to get psychotic, unstoppable killing machines that go rogue almost immediately, why risk that when you can just stick Pvt. Dumbfuck with the SSS and get a soldier who can ruck longer, shoot better, and carry more, is now smart enough to not marry a stripper with 3 kids at 19, and can't get drunk and try to avoid a DUI by driving his car through the base fence.

Yea but the main issue with Department H is that they do not actually recruit or hire anyone the normal way. They kidnap random mutants, experiment on them and then spend years brainwashing them and erasing/implanting memories until their agents have nothing but total contempt for them and go rogue at the first chance they get.

I've never gotten around to reading his X-Factor run, so that's news to me. Should look into that.

Sure. He can be Red Abomination/Abomination III.