Fuck Bendis, fuck Sook

Solicited cover for LoSH #1. Ranzz twins definitely black. Brin definitely fat. Jo ambiguously brown.

denofgeek.com/us/books/dc-entertainment/282860/inside-dc-legion-of-super-heroes-reboot
>the Legion has actually never appeared in the DC Universe. When you read their first appearance, that’s actually the first time Superman is meeting them or anybody. Their first appearance will be in Superman #14 and #15, so you’ll meet them along with the Superman family. The Legion will have a big offer and the offer will then generate where we’re headed which is a future where excitement awaits.

Attached: legion-of-superheroes-1-cover-dc-comics-reboot.jpg (670x1017, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2019/08/14/the-legion-of-super-heroes-preview-dc-comics
reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/cnh3bh/fan_art_some_old_legion_of_superheroes_sketches_i/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What wrong with that?

>It is a very dense and rich sci-fi universe. Paul Levitz and Keith Giffen and Mike Grell and Jim Shooter, so many creators have added to it over the years. What we’re getting to do, with all these seeds, it’s similar to what I did on Ultimate Spider-Man, which is cherry pick the best things about the characters and the world and put them in this beautiful stew of everything that’s great about the Legion and put it out in a modern story. That’s what my job on Ultimate Spider-Man was, and I realized, “Oh my God, the Legion doesn’t exist here; we can create the Ultimate Legion,” for lack of a better word. This is literally like every era of Legion, all the best parts put into ours. All the parts that are the most inspiring, the most hopeful, the most story motivated.

Attached: 1562616396441.jpg (738x1120, 170K)

>This is literally like every era of Legion, all the best parts put into ours.
Which part of LoSH had niggerswapping?

>Ginger swapped for black, yet again
>another BMWF relationshit
>another electric black guy

If Bendis really wanted to be revolutionary he should've made Imra black.

>Bendis goes to DC
>DC gets Marvel’d (minus the high sales)

DC also hired the gay writer who wrote that Ice Man ongoing and cried that Marvel didn’t support it enough.

I am SO MAD
I just...
Phew

I just can't

Gonna spend my day here in this thread being MAD

>Also, I’m getting a lot of positive feedback on the design on Timber Wolf, so I’m very happy to hear that.

Fuck these people too

they also hired dennis hopeless who is trying to drop the pen name because he's written so much shit nobody gives a fuck about his books anymore

This is what happens when you let a Jew SJW Wigger into your company. White folks are inferior, niggers are the superior race, everyone enjoys the black cock. Haha hahaha, enjoy your new Legion of Super Niggers series you DCucks

Imra dark skin blode hair will be the patrician choice, but sadly Imra appeared in Batman & Doomsday Clock as a white blonde... so Garth get hit by the race swap bat.

>Ginger
>Lightning powers
EVERY
GODDAMN
TIME

What is it with Bendis and his weird need to insert black men into everything?
Also it would be nice if they stopped doing this to characters that have existed for decades for no real reason instead of just making new characters.

Even though the Legion has already appeared in the current DCU in like 3 different ways.

there has to be a plot to give black characters lightning powers
as a writer you can't have missed that over the years

But you're going to complain about new black characters (Riri, Miles) as well

Not him but Riri’s problem wasn’t race. As always with Bendis, his creations are fucking lazy and half assed, requiring other writers to salvage the idea when he leaves. He uses race as a deflection of criticism. We’ve pointed this out multiple times, and Riri pushed aside Rhodey’s niece

Miles is a very bad and bland character in the comics no matter his race but he is great in the movie.
Riri has gotten much better lately but was still a bad character at the outset because Bendis can't write for shit.

People don’t complain about Riri and Miles because they’re black. It’s because they’re racial token characters.

This seals it then
Jon is dead
He'll never be de-aged, he'll get left behind in the future, the LoSH will get a 10 issue mini, and after that Jon will never be brought up again.
His friendship with Damian abandoned, his romance with Beacon forgotten, the Hamilton county aliens will probably forgotten too.
Bendis will effectively replace him with Connor.
Then he'll probably give Connor a black boyfriend

DC seems to have a long-term plan for Jon though, based on that story where Tim comes from the future to kill him. That storyline gave glimpses of Jon and Beacon grown up and in a relationship.

>Then he'll probably give Connor a black boyfriend
I usually avoid Bendis like the plague but isn't he much more likely to pair a black man with a white or hispanic woman?

I mean, Bendis was never undoing it. It all depends on someone else getting Superman. Jon getting shuffled to the legion doesn't make things any worse since this book likely will disappear after a few issues like you say there.

>implying Bendis gives a shit about that

Hasn’t twitter been up in arms ever since Jon got aged up?

>I need to do a reboot because i am a brainlet writter.

Funny both characters and current LoSH were idea from Bendis. I am starting to see a pattern here...

>MURDER ALL NIGGERS MURDER ALL NIGGERS MURDER ALL NIGGERS MURDER ALL NIGGERS MURDER ALL NIGGERS MURDER ALL NIGGERS MURDER ALL NIGGERS MURDER ALL NIGGERS
Boy, are you gonna be happy when God Emperor reinstates Jim Crow, huh?

B-but Damian and Jon grow up old together according to Super Sons

>Ages Jon up
>sends him on an alternate universe adventure

>Brings conner back
>sends him on alternate universe adventures

Am I the only one who wanted jon to stay twelve them to have a super book with both clark and jon and this legion book to be a prequel about Clark's time with the legion?

Heres hoping, but that probably means his future self will show up for the last arc of some event book.
We wont get to see him grow up with Damian, to struggle, to live with the pressure of living up to Superman's legacy.

Nah, fuck you and fuck Bendis, there's still hope.

God bless you son, I wish I still had that optimism

Every reboot of the Legion has been of decreasing quality. Just accept that the Legion is over and has been over for some time. Move on. Most of us Legion fans have.

Don't be silly. Jim Crow, KKK and slavery were all Democrat initiatives.

Bendis doesn't give a shit about continuity. The man cares only for taking things other writers have done and ruining them beyond repair.

It has. Bendis doesn't care, even as his sales tank.

Checked and cosigned. Eve Ewing's Riri is a million times better than Bendis', and Ewing still maintains Riri's complete lack of social grace.

I wonder if Bendis will still write Garth as hotheaded and impulsive despite that being a bit of a negative stereotype for melanated peoples.

Fucking this.

>lul i need to do a complete reboot and butchering of all these beloved characters because MUH ULTIMATES THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE
Bendis should've died in the hospital.

Bendis is a racist piece of shit that only cares about jamming black characters in everything because he bought a black kid.

It'll probably be bad but he's saying all the right things for me and I don't hate the designs.

Wanna talk about the new characters

It wouldn't be the first time dc dropped a storyline, especially since Tomasi was writing that and he isn't writing Jon anymore.

I don't have high hopes for this book. Bendis has too many books right now and they are all suffering from it. Except for Naomi most of his numbers are disappointing.

I don't even mind Sook's designs. I've always liked him as an artist and I always thought the Legionnaires should look more dynamic and alien. I'm not butt-flustered at Cos as Asian or Vi as a gap-toothed whatever or the changes to Ultra Boy. I was potentially on board for this even though I hate Bendis. But Garth is my dude, my self insert. And this ain't it.

Attached: 1561445278182.jpg (2048x1882, 276K)

Ruined Jon for a dumb series that won’t be here in a year.

You know what's wrong with it, but pretend not to.

The Legion op Anal gays.

I'm not even a big Superman fan and I'm mad over this.

, Bendis and King killed my pull list. I haven't bought a DC book is weeks. I just don't care anymore.

I haven’t picked up a superman comic since issue 2. So annoyed that Bendis has ruined this series

I'm right there with you buddy, I don't care about raceswapping but fuck do I hate that Bendis is getting his dirty mitts on the first book I ever read and fell in love with. And not just do a run but a whole reboot after they've been gone longer than ever.

if bendis writes a title, it is time to cancel from the pull list

"Bendis" Legion sounds like an intestinal parasite that you get from eating undercooked seafood.

Bendis is cancer.

I hate being mad about a change and not being able to do anything about it. Jon getting aged up, Superman being a bad dad, Lois being a bad mom, Jon being an idiot, Jor-El being evil, and just Bendis in general. I want to change it all so bad, but I really can’t do anything about it except not buy this piece of garbage. It makes me dislike something a used to genuinely enjoy and nobody in the business seems to care at all.

It’s frustrating. It’s aggravating. And barely anybody cares. This shit depresses me. I feels like I was better off not caring about Superman at all.

Let's hope after Bendis is done messing with Superman, we can have some Red K, Mister Mxyzptlk, or something RESTORE Jonathan back to how he was pre-Bendis. Maybe, if Doomsday Clock is ever completed it can ret-con the Bendis period as a dream or something that never happened.

Now I'm done with DC.

I've been seeing a lot of inconsistent characters in all these art solicits.

Bendis has ruined Superman for me.

>what I did on Ultimate Spider-Man, which is cherry pick the best things about the characters and the world and put them in this beautiful stew of everything that’s great
This faggot is so far up his own ass, fuck him

I loved Super Sons, Teen Titans, and Red Hood and the Outlaws, and my liitle cousins loved Super Sons, They even dressed as Jon and Damian for Halloween! Now its all ruined. I'm Going back to Manga.

I hate Bendis for ruining Superman. The art looks terrible.

Bendis' numbers have been dropping like a fucking rock more and more lately. Sane for shitters like King.

If there's anything good in this world, anything at all, then they'll be kicked. Or at the very least, kept from writing any of DC's flagship characters for the foreseeable future.

We need to stop supporting the current DC comics, it needs to crash so that way they can see we aren't happy, they'll change up real quick if they aren't making money.

read excitement as excrement

Bendis is well known for being almost literally high off his own farts. He's also known for being a tantrum-throwing manchild when people try to tell him that he's not allowed to ruin well-beloved characters for the sake of his ego.

user, I hope a change is made too, but so long as Didio is still there, nothing will even start to change until the last minute when everything is going up in flames.

Yeah, the designs have gone back and forth a bit. They were supposed to be in Superman 14 and Supergirl 33 this week but DC asked stores to destroy the issues.
bleedingcool.com/2019/08/14/the-legion-of-super-heroes-preview-dc-comics
Raceswapping LL clearly happened on the fly. Originally Bouncing Boy was race swapped, but then they switched. Probably because LL is more prominent.

Attached: Sook-Bendis-LoSH-promo.jpg (1024x793, 199K)

Who cares about skin colour.

The stupidest thing about LOS is how every single one of them talks and acts like a Yank.

You'd think some europeans or asian descendents would make it into space. but i guess not

C'mon, a gold lantern??? This isnt how any of this works!! Fuck bendis and his screwing with the lantern universe

Just wait in a few months timeConner will let the world know he wants to become a non-binary, transgender black lesbian whose only got one arm - this way Bendis will get every oppressed minority group rolled into one character and he can virtue signal how woke he is.

Well i´ll be the honest here, nobody likes superman now..

This is how alot of people are feeling with just about any hobby or passion that gets take over by hacks. It's aload of shit and you get these loud mouth coporate bootlickers and entities telling you to shut your racist/sexist mouth and consume away.

People still like Superman. Really, the entire problem comes from them having pushed Bendis so hard at the expense of literally every other writer, and giving him the veritable keys to the kingdom. THAT caused so many people to just start giving up on the current slew of so-called "Superman" books.

Same here. I’ve been a Superman fan for years, through plenty of changes. But Bendis has twisted these characters into something I can’t like anymore.

Is that a nigger as lightning lad?

>Bendis will effectively replace him with Connor.
>Then he'll probably give Connor a black boyfriend
Conner is married with a kid

>It's him

Attached: 1565974921905.jpg (132x173, 12K)

>Conner is married with a kid
not his kid...

This is what should happen but DC has lost their fucking minds I don’t understand anything they do anymore.

>if Doomsday Clock is ever completed it can ret-con the Bendis period as a dream or something that never happened.
The setup is there, just blame Dr. Manhattan.

Most of these designs are so fucking trash. I hate you Bendis so fucking much.

Are we now pretending that Marvel supported it?

They supported it as much as they do any non spider-man related title. Hell Bobby has pretty much usurped northstars role as "the gay one" which is a shame cause he can be a great character

Ol' Chuck has gone back and forth as Garth has.

Right, which is to say not at all. Not that he should have been surprised by that since it's pretty standard. Marvel loves throwing out minor books as nothing more than press exercises.
Back on topic, have we seen Invisible Kid, or is that the joke?

It's over
Bendis won

not like Legion of Super Heroes was any good for the past few decades anyway
who cares

All whiny race stuff aside does anybody else have trouble getting back into a series Bendis has touched?
It is like every change he adds just sucks all of the fun out of things, breaks character relationships, personalities and histories then takes years to go away or just never really does like with Guardians of the Galaxy. The man just straight up ruins things for me and him being in charge of Superman makes me feel empty inside every time I think about it.

Not yet. I'm surprised that we haven't seen XS either, which seems like an easy inclusion for Bendis. Aside from the fact that she didn't exist when he actually read comics, of course.

Yo where dem DC solits at?

Attached: 51F69AAB-17A9-435B-8E05-7292001586ED.jpg (368x657, 35K)

I think it does explain the sales after he leaves a book, GOTG and X-Men as an example. After he leaves you'd have to get a really good direction that can bring back the fans that were driven off, otherwise the sales slide down even faster.

Maybe the jabroni tier writer shouldn't have named himself "Hopeless" but that's just me

Attached: oclvroENycRfPnk0.jpg (480x480, 21K)

Ehhhh I don't mind Miles other than his Venom Blast asspulls but Riri is fucking awful grantedI haven't looked at her non Bendis stuff so don't know if she got better

>>Reboot that completley ignores all three legion eras before it
>>Even tho saturn girl has that plotline in Doomsday Clock (That let's face it, is probably gonna go knowhere)
Is this Geoff Johns fault?

I think he's holding out to see what they're trying to do.

Once Bendis goes which lets face it, it could be in 5 years or more or unless his comics really tank. Someone else can come in and bring Jon back.

The fact that Jon has been referenced in TT Go, Young Justice, and a baby Jon Kent will be appearing in the CW the character already has some presence outside of comics. Plus Super Sons sold good so they won't be dropping him anytime soon once Bendis leaves.

Event Leviathan #1 74,007
Event Leviathan #2 53,334

Which events are around this sales level?

70K HiC and Secret Empire
50K Axis and Secret Sin. Maybe some shitty crossover from the late 90's.

Johns is almost entirely holding out on Doomsday Clock to see whatever the fuck everyone else is doing first.

Doomsday Clock was supposed to be over like a year ago

That was before Bendis came on, and all the retardation of Sanctuary and HiC in general. The entire original timeline for Doomsday Clock assumed that nobody was going to pull some bullshit retardation and shit all over the established continuity up to that point.

Pretty much all the delays are because Johns has been rewriting shit over and over in an attempt too link all this shit back together.

How do you know that?

I can't believe that the bald fuck could have had either a canonically gay or black character by including either Invisible Kid and just didn't. He's not even good at virtue signaling.

Shortly after HiC popped up, Doomsday Clock started to slow down most noticeably, along with the Bendis crap. Come the next issue released, and we have Sanctuary, King's stupid AI hospital-psychiatry fuckup getting mentioned.

It's safe to say that the entire reason why Doomsday Clock keeps getting delayed is because of all the continuity snarl that's going on right now. Kinda like all the shit that happened when Morrison was going about FC.

This whole thing is going to be such a pain to read.

Everyone's going to be super quippy and no one will have a distinct personality or voice. Brainy in particular is probably going to be a bumbling idiot who only ever does something right by accident and acts even more awkward than the rest of them.

Maybe he's black, gay and invisible and they just haven't drawn him.

LL is still white in this cover
What a fucking eyesore this black LL is

Why does the black LL have heterochromia?

>Take a well-established character rip-off
>But make it a male/female Black Character
>And have them replace their more popular predecessor to leech off their success while shilling for them hard
Wow, real original there, Bendis.

That cover was released in July. I've seen an updated version with black Garth, white Chuck. Funny enough, Ayla was still white in the recolor.

>Everyone's going to be super quippy and no one will have a distinct personality or voice.
This is absolutely the worst part about his shitty scripting. The only voice anyone has is his own.
I finally gave up on his Avengers run after one too many instances of someone saying "This is crazy!", or "What's going on here?" or "Who are these people?" about every villain, no matter how recognizable.

>Blackwash yet another ginger
>He's now yet another Electro Negro
Good job Bendis

Edgy racebaiting posters aside...
Wow, I was really looking foward to this as a fan of the series ever since the 90's post zero hour version, DnA made that kino. But the more I see being revealed here, I'm so going to avoid it and wait for the next reboot in the next 5 years.

>I don't care about raceswapping
Well aren't you just a ray of progressive sunshine! Here's your reward:

Marvel fag here. He is all your problem now.

I gave up on this shit company a year ago altready.
Have fun eating thodr turds.

Really anyone who says that "race doesn't matter" are fake. There will be at least one racebent or just complete character re-imaging your not going to like. Either it's turning them poc or white, or making them techne colored or just completely non-humanoid.

>best girl
>chocolate flavored
I'm going to have relaxing fantasies about this.

>these designs
>uncanny faces with gross stiff art

Attached: me at this fucking world.gif (232x218, 2.96M)

Seriously, why do they all looks so dead in the OP image

>Mad user Iz Mad
whoda thunk

Recommend me some good LoSH stuff to wash the sigh of this shit from my eyes.

Besides all the usual stuff, "this is the Legion's first appearance in the DCU" meaning it's straight up contradicting and invalidating Morrison's Adventure Comics run and whatever was being built up with Saturn Girl needlessly complicating Legion continuity even further.

Bendis is straight up the worst writer in comics. It's not even a question for me anymore. His stories suck he doesn't plan them out so they're not coherent and contain no momentium or tangible narrative threads. He ignores or contradicts things other writers do while everyone's forced to accept his shitty changes or play damage control on all the shit he ruins.

He's not just the worst writing today. He's honestly the worst writer I've ever seen. It's not just that he's a bad writer. He's a bad writer with influence. He's pure cancer.

It's a function of my age, but the reboot was my shit.

Attached: 1561594311523.jpg (1024x768, 267K)

The Reboot Legion Is the continuity introduced after Zero Hour. It drove longtime fans crazy because it was complete continuity reboot. To make matters worse, in retrospect, there was only the #0 issue as lead in and the property continued in two already existing books. This was before the big 2 threw out new #1 issues for every new creative team or story direction. So after the zero issue the story continued in Legion of Super-Heroes #62 & Legionnaires #19. It was written by Waid and Tom Peyer.

And Lemire's thing in Justice League United. And Hitch's Brainy cameo in Justice League.

In 2017 & 2018 DC released a two volume set with the title Legionnaires that collected the first 24 or so issues of the reboot continuity.

You all can have you're hate boners for Bendis. I'm just really bummed out to see how awful this team has gotten.

>you're

Why are you in a thread talking about a thing you supposlly don't "care about" then?

Regardless, I think legion deserves a rest at this point.

These articles have the weirdest Bendis shills in the comments section. "If you feel that this reboot looks bad then your not a true LoSH fan"

Like nigga, this shit isn't even out yet and they feel the need to defend it at all cost.

Plus, the whole point of a reboot is to gain the interest of a entirely new and bigger audience. While pandering to the orginal fandom's egos occasionally.

There's hope if they get rid of Bendis.

So this is bizzare. Someone on reddit drew LoSH redesign fanart of their own take of the team and when I saw it, yeah he added unesscary stuff on them like knee pads and other junk, but it actually felt like the Legion. reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/cnh3bh/fan_art_some_old_legion_of_superheroes_sketches_i/

Attached: ha2e7lhqs5f31.jpg (833x1920, 218K)

SOUL

SOULLESS

Tyroc and Jac look fly. A shame Bendis is using Garth and Ayla as their replacements.

I really wouldn't mind a black Garth, if his design wasn't so fucking ugly.

Bendis is so untalented and a bad writter, his only skill is to kill the main hero to replace it with a minority, hes killing every series hes touching starting with superman which is already dead.

I hope DC die..

Too traditional and too familiar. The Legion will clearly improved if it completely alienates it's orginal autistic fanbase for a newer autistic fan base of "Bendis groupies". People who don't really care about the Legion or Bendis comics but just follow for his e-celeb status.

Comics are fucked.

>LL is not another black character with lightning powers
and I'm guessing the bald guy behind him is karate kid

These warm my soul. Whoever the artist is, I hope they go far in life.

He's terrible. Remember that he killed Scott Lang in Alias despite the fact Johns was using him in his Avengers run and editorial actually forced him to bullshit the "oh, it was an illusion by Purple Man" thing because Johns threatened to walk from the book because of it.

Bendis is just a selfish hack. He doesn't care what anyone else is doing with a character, he doesn't care (or know) about the histories and personalities of the characters he uses. He essentially lives in his own bubble, cloistered from the rest of the world as he writes things for him and him alone. And if he's writing something and gets another idea he likes more halfway through an arc? Well it's like jangling keys in front of a kid and he'll start going after that even if the development makes no sense in the story he's been telling. Remember how Civil War II was supposed to be about pre-crime/surveillance state shit and then somehow it turned into a story about a precog becoming this weird omniscient demi-god? That's Bendis.

I seriously have never disliked a writer as much as I do him. Guys like Austen might, in a sense, be worse but they're worse in a vacuum. Bendis is like a neutron star of shit; a dense ego emitting terrible radioactive ideas.

>These articles have the weirdest Bendis shills in the comments section.

This is something that I've been starting to wonder about.

So what you're saying is there's no hope.

Like they don't explain why you SHOULD like it, but assume you're a gross person if you don't. It's confusing.

Bendis has a huge fucking internet defense cult that Kelly Sue DeConnick WISHES her "Carol Cult" was.

They infiltrated pretty much every major comic forum in the early 00s and basically went full-tilt Anti-Gamergate silencing all criticism of Bendis raping the Avengers when he scorched earth that title. And the few places that didn't get coopted, had Brevoort (who was active poster on several major Avengers/Marvel fan message boards) threatening to boycott said boards if they didn't ban anyone who spoke ill of Avengers Disassembled and New Avengers and let the pro-Bendis crowd run wild and bully anyone who hated Bendis' Avengers run.

Worse with Legion, there are the lunatic faggots (the bulk of which are SJW anti-life spewers) who saw how Bendis went out of his way to pander to the mentally ill minority at CBR.com with his X-Men run (pushing Rightclops, making Iceman gay, shilling Jean Grey and shitting on Emma, and shitting on Beast from high heavens) and these faggots are going to be going into hyperdrive shilling Bendis so he panders to them and makes their garbage headcanon real (meaning Jan's going full faggot, Shvaughn and Dream Girl are trannies, Invisible Kid 1 and Chemical King are going to marry, and other bullshit mentally ill garbage that was put to bed the moment Levitz got his balls back and basically banished the Beirbaums from ever working in comics again after they turned Levitz's waifu into a tranny.

Yep, haven't touched an X-Men book outside of Phoenix Resurrection until Hickman came along, same with GoTG, I had to really talk myself into giving Duggan a chance but Infinity War (Or whatever the fuck it was called) plus Cates kinda dropped the ball on me.

> It drove longtime fans crazy because it was complete continuity reboot.

Can't wait for them to be stapled as racist when they hate Bendis Legion too.

Yeah Cates needs to get off Guardians, you can tell he doesn't really give a shit