What went wrong?

No, not a bait thread. It felt lacking for a big finale. Needed a more epic, climatic feel.

Attached: Poster.jpg (781x1173, 392K)

Slow character moments and forced fanservice that nobody wanted. Just look at the shots and see how small it makes the fight look like. Nothing feels like a threat when characters can keep talking for minutes without getting attacked. It's the equivalent of watching Saving Private Ryan's opening act but without anybody shooting at the soldiers.

>"epic" final battle takes place on a blown up glorified parking lot
Yeah, it was a dissapointment.
>mfw people thought this'd blow LOTR's battles ut of the water

Attached: 1535073600588.jpg (305x384, 19K)

What went wrong is you watched these bland green screen crap children's movies.

Time travel killed the stakes, Marvel confuses jokes for
levity

Marvel wasn't interested in making a capstone movie, and it shows.

Lotr will never be surpassed. Especially not by the MCU

>time travel
this dude's got it

also Thanos was reduced to just another lame-ass villain

More concerned with fanservice than telling a great story

This could have been the literal gold standard for every movie to follow instead it's probably going to be largely forgotten aside from a couple of scenes

Got ideas on how they could have achieved that? Legit curious on the good proposals for how EG could have been.

The fact that the Thanos they fight at the end is not the same as the one they fought in Infinity War. He didn't kill Loki, he didn't fight Stark, he doesn't know who Wanda was. He just fought.

Also in the long run, they should have kept his comic book motivation with the Death.

Time travel was deliberately a 10-year tribute for the mcu, but introduces a power too big with huge implications. Potential immortality, and recovering the gems again can entail, even with a sacrifice invincibility for everything.

it had to be simply a space treasure hunt to recover the gems in the four corners of the cosmos. Each gem had to be a test for every hero in charge of finding it.

I'll never understand how people expect IW Thanos to be in the plot without it being contrived as all hell.
I agree with your second point though.

>with the Death.

At this point it was better to use Hyla. Death as a character is a concept way much over the top to bring that to the cinema.

Get rid of Captain Marvel, Have tony able ti fix the guardians ship or run into the ravagers to take them home. Have Nebula destroy thanoses ship (she genuinely deserved a win best character in the movie by a mile) and Give hulk the last punch em up with thanos before tony's snap

>destroying the stones do not injure him
>when the Avengers come, only Thor and Marvel are a massive thread, and now he's aware of the power of Stormbreaker. He beats up Thor with his combat skills, takes Stormbreaker, absords Marvel's powerful blasts, redirects this energy at her, this hurts her, then he slices her back and she's out of the fight
>he lets them go out of mercy to rebuild Earth. Nebula stays and he finds out about the time heist in a similar way to the actual movie
I've read that proposal floating around and it works for me. Marvel is littered with contrivances anyhow, and I'd take some contrivance if it means IW Thanos is in the plot and the narrative is more satisfying. EG Thanos having the big dramatic death doesn't really work for me cause it's a 2014 one fighting random people. This isn't the bastard from IW FINALLY being ended. They killed the momentum building up to his dusting by having IW one executed without ceremony.

Got any ideas where it should have taken place then? I don't mind that it took place at the compound in NY state personally. The final battle should have been retooled massively. Like let's say it's IW Thanos that's the villain and having used all the stones, he has a 'connection' to them. He can sense where the nano gauntlet is underneath the rubble. So no stupid hot potatoe game and Ant-Man's time machine in his van shit. Thanos working his way slowly to the stones (buried underneath the ruins of the big A logo) with one groups of heros fighting him (so a more intense and epic Titan 2.0 fight) and another trying to take down the massive warship as a team (rather than Marvel alone KO'ing it. Her doing it ALONE takes the wind out of Thanos' empire being a galactic unstoppable plague if all it took to end it was Marvel turning her attention away from the Kree for a little bit).

The Moon

Attached: red-rangers.jpg (622x349, 76K)

Honestly?
I got too "comic booky".
Allow me to explain, what I mean with "comic booky" is basically the worst aspects of Cape comics, it's a big spectical with all the characters, it's overly long, and frankly, just badly written, basically they've sacrificed movie structure to make it like a comic book, you want to read Civil War? buy all these other books too, you want to actually understand what the fuck happens in Endgame? you basically have to watch more then just the Avengers movies to get it.

That and MCU Thanos is seriously one of the shitest characters ever and such a terrible adaptation of the comic character.

But there is one upside, atleast Joss Wheadon wasn't involved.

>That and MCU Thanos is seriously one of the shitest characters ever and such a terrible adaptation of the comic character.

IW Thanos was pretty great.

lowtier fantasy is the foundation of everything else. Thusly everything has surpassed it.

Villain was a time travel duplicate so essentially removed all buildup
I am Iron Man line was delivered poorly
Time travel plotholes
Captain Marvel

He was
That Thanos was GOTG Thanos

>Yibambe
>Yibambe
>Yibambe