What does Yea Forums think?? original ending or revised one? every once in a while i give it a read...

what does Yea Forums think?? original ending or revised one? every once in a while i give it a read, just to feel misserable

Attached: 1559315804910.jpg (935x689, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brat_Pack_(comics)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: RCO011.jpg (997x1537, 342K)

best not-batman ever coming thru

Attached: minkandchippy.jpg (470x764, 74K)

I only know one ending. The one where they die and maximortal comes back.
What are the others?

I felt like it could've been better if the comic was longer and they spent more time showing the teens being corrupted.

Do they ever explain why she looks so old at such a young age?

That’s the only ending I’ve ever seen too, but there’s supposed to be a different one out there. I’m not sure which is the original and which is the revised one.

>supposed
Than i guess the one we know is the original. As long as noone can point or tell another ending, we should expect there is only one ending.
The alternative ending is either minimal, like he says "we" instead of "i" thing, or there is only one.

I think its her lifestyle. The others at least dont have an addiction.

>I think its her lifestyle.
What exactly is her lifestyle that would make her like that? And the Green Arrow/Batman guy is addicted to drinking and drugs but he looks way better than she does.

Thats why he is a manlet.
She drinks and is a heavy smoker. Std`s and abortions take a toll too.
Than she is a woman which will have a much harder time to fight stronger villians.

What is this?

It's Bratpack, like The Boys but different.

A cape deconstruction that happened before it was used in mainstream.
Made by one crazy artist who was a good friend Alan Moore. And i am not sure if these two made this together or one helped the other in making their magnus opus. Both have a similar habit and narration.

kiddie ass fucker

he looks old enough to fuck, i don't see the problem here

Where can I find the ending with the convention

Better than The Boys

Both endings are discussed in detail here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brat_Pack_(comics)

Attached: eQIp9nxZ_2112180154271gpadd.jpg (1000x642, 435K)

Why does the wikipedia page have different names than the version someone storytime here a while back?

I prefer the original ending. The trade paperback ending's not as cynical.

And proud of it

Attached: RCO006.jpg (1000x1535, 598K)

It all depends on how old they are and how much drugs/booze/cigarettes other shit they abuse but yeah like said she probably had a couple of abortions and considering she's a female hero she probably got her teeth kicked in

There's that really weird one that ends with the butler Fredo getting taken off into heaven i think with that Maximortal guy

I'm always disappointed reading this, when the teens completely turn into the side kicks that got killed in the first issue. I get it, I understand why.
It just kinda loses the importance of the teen side kicks death if they could be replaced so easily.

But I do appreciate how blunt and quio to the point this book is.

I'll be honest, I didn't even understand the ending. Fredo was secretly the blasphemy guy and Maximortal is going to kill everyone? I dunno. Definitely not my favorite Veitch comic.

Sad and dissapointed about that too, one more issue focusing on the period between the one year time skip 'd have been great

>It just kinda loses the importance of the teen side kicks death if they could be replaced so easily.
They weren't replaced so easily though. The cost of replacing them was normal, healthy, perfectly fine kids getting completely broken down and spiritually raped until there's nothing left but lifeless husks. The way you see this process happen in detail with the second round of sidekicks changes how you think about the first sidekicks because instead of just being shitty kids to begin with you realize they were probably normal and functional too before getting eaten by the child abuse superhero publicity machine.

well, that's the point

Ok, thanks. I only know the original ending. And from reading, i like the floppy ending more.
Its more corporate than the trades "They kill their sidekicks".
And as far as i understood, that Blasphemy kills them makes more sense than that they kill them.

go to bed mink

Attached: 20190816_141429.jpg (884x663, 297K)

The Fredo was more like "Its an inside job" twist and explains how he knows things without being discovered.
Maximortal at the end only makes sense if you read Maximortal.

Thats the point on how cruel the heroes are and the year of them breaking down would be the repeat of what we see before.
But i can understand that you want more worldbuilding than "now they are indoctrined".

It's like the worst parts of the boys, and there is no boys.

>But i can understand that you want more worldbuilding than "now they are indoctrined".
Still I'm okay with it. This book is a perfect time bubble, shouldn't be remade' or continued. Anyways, isn't kind of weird how much Venom design wise shares with Dr. Blasphemy. Black suit, white logo, and tongue.

Attached: ASM347_01_e1375444429799.jpg (690x1024, 215K)

He'd pulverize Joker's dark multiverse until it prolapsed

Are deconstructions ever good? They're always the same "Dude superheroes but everyone is a jerk" they don't really offer insight at all. Maybe back during the 80s when they were new but even looking back they aren't saying anything astonishing. At least The Boys makes sense because Ennis hates capes but it's all the same. Just like it was written by an edgy 13 yo

It has a valid point to make. But at the same time it's pointless. They will keep making cape as long out it makes money. When they stop it won't be because somebody btfo heroes it will just be that something better came along.

When they feature Ersatz heroes instead of the real McCoys, yes. Take Supergod for instance. There was no real plot, shit just happened for the worse, no real commentary. Compare it to Miller's Dark Knight series or The Ultimates, you have familiar characters being deconstructed while keeping true to their core aspects instead of featuring the blandest archetypes imaginable or loose parodies. The Pro is probably the only good instance of the latter.

Deconstructions that deal with the nurture vs nature of superheroes are the most interesting to me.

Stuff like Superman red son or gods and monsters, where if you change certain things the result would be the same person with different ideologies works well.

Stuff like the boys and bratpack overdo the cynicism to the point it becomes ridiculous, like i get if butcher wants to murder homelander but to kill every single superhero and his former allies is too much imo and the bratpack is probably the most cynical, reducing superheroes to nothing more than sociopaths with god complex.

Deconstruction can be done well, but you need someone that actually likes comics and is willing to see the flaws in heroes, instead of making up shit that never happens in the medium.

They're valid but obvious and don't matter. Yes some people would be jerks but capes are meant to show the better part of humanity, what we excel to be. Saying "Superman would make girls suck his cock" or "Vigilant is would be violent sex perverts" isn't groundbreaking or great commentary

But the weird thing is that Brat Pack/Maximortal to me has more of a fond view of superheroes compared to The Boys, even while being just as savage. The Boys arguably you have more characters to sympathize with.

Humanity as a whole shouldn't idolize heroes. There are much better writers who can say this better than me. But it's more than just the edgey scenes, because if you only look at those than you also fall for just what the writers make fun of. Take a step back and look at big picture.

There are characters like that in regular capes. Luthir thinks this and I agree with him

There is nothing about bratpack i would consider "a fond view of superheroes".

If anything it's the boys the ones that actually have a more sympathetic view of superheroes with starlight and Vas.

>The Ultimates
>keeping true to the core aspects

I enjoy red son as well and nature v niture stories but they're rarely done right. More of ten than not you end up with a Brightburn. People can't seem to stop confusing edge and shock for commentary

Daredevil would be the best deconstruction then. He's got the ideals that he follows to a fault and it ruins him and those around him. It's not out of hatred for the genre but because thus is what happens when a man tries to take on all of this responsibility alone.

Pretty boring as far as ultra edgy superhero deconstruction stuff goes. Better than meandering The Boys, but miles below Marshal Law or Marvelman.

After 10 years of marvel movies you kind of need something like Bratpack or The Boys where you frustration over capes can have an escape and validation on why not liking shower heroes makes sense

Attached: 362413c49adf9d26fb7a2c4126e39c0f.jpg (1104x1247, 229K)

I found Brat Pack more angry at the industry then at superheroes. Like for him superheroes are good and can be good but it’s corporate interference and ideas that ruin them. I got more anger at the industry and the the genre from it.

Have you read Maximortal?

Really? I thought it was about even with early Marshal Law but better than later Marshal Law.

We need a Kojo Reyes, a villain protagonist with no real redeeming qualities other than his earnestness.

Is he singing that song about the dude who meets a crossdresser and didn't realize it at first, but messing up the lyrics?

Reading Maximortal actually made it make less sense to me, but I think thats because I just couldn't get into it as easily. It just felt all over the place.

Lola isn't about a cross dresser.

Whenever Bratpack comes up I thank god I read some EC comics and old Mad comics.A lot of people have a hard time with Bratpack because of well they might not get what it's going for. People compare it to Watchmen but I think EC comics is a better companion piece. For one thing look at Vietch draws things and even the panel layout can be comparable. Vietch is not so much a deconstruction but Satire a dark lurid tale that is about the message. Not everyone is going to like it but if you read don't go in looking for Watchmen it's more of a throwback piece with a 80's style story.

Attached: Wood-Superduperman+%285%29.png (1170x1600, 3.55M)

Original. It was much more mysterious.

...but one of the lyrics is "I know what I am, and I am a man, so is Lola"...

The Boys were the worst part of The Boys.

I feel that was better conveyed in Maximmortal, Bratpack message does get diluted over the excess of violence.

Yeah I mean that is the point and all but skipping the year made their loss of humanity lack a little bit of impact.
Still a decent enough read I guess.

So I just watched this today and holy fuck that was a wild ride.
Thank you OP, now I feel miserable.

Attached: n4x400.jpg (240x240, 10K)

why did it take him 30 years to finally get around to writing Boy Maximortal?
its suppose to be a five book series isn't it?? (do the specials count?)
anyway...I liked Brat Pack

Brat Pack is so over the top that it reads like a parody of Edgy comics.
The One and Maximortal are better

storytime?

If someone has working links to the Specials, I'd be glad to do it tomorrow.

The song was made to be up to interpretation.

The heroes in the Pro aren't jerks, they're at worst, out of touch with the world the protagonist is forced to live in, painfully naive, and a bit immature.

wtf where?

I prefer original. I like the idea of True-Man returning and obliterating his former friends because he's disgusted with what they became in his absence.

Yeah, the implication in the Maximortal book that he does it just because they're siphoning off the resource of "belief" lessens that immensely.

How would you guys do a cape deconstruction piece? What would you deconstruct?

Humanity as a whole shouldn't idolize anyone, but you see that happen with celebrities and the like all the time, if superheroes were real you know there'd be tons of people just worshiping them the same way they worship any other celebrity.

My interpretation was that it was simply a big and strong woman, which made my penis happy.

Is Maximortal really worth reading? I see it recommended a lot but it seems really meta, which i usually can't stand.

Its incredibly meta, but also just a lot simpler and straightforward once you get the gimmick.

At the very least I found it much more interesting and entertaining than BratPack.