Dib Membrane VS Invader Zim Enter the Florpus!

Mediocre as fuck.
Hey Arnold! the Jungle Movie >>>>>>> Dib Membrane VS Invader Zim Enter the Florpus! >>>>>> Rocko's Modern Life Static Cling

Attached: invader-zim.jpg (1800x2700, 278K)

Jungle Movie sucked ass

So does your mother

Hey Arnold was better when Arnold was just a weird kid in a weird town instead of the damn messiah. I'm biased against Jungle Movie for alone.

The first half was honestly really good and felt kinda cinematic with the stakes. The second half drags on forever and is just pretty bland.

Even though Dib and his family saved the earth Zim inadvertently saved the universe from Operation Impending Doom 2.

It'd be funny if he were hailed as a hero across galaxy.

I liked it. Loved the animation and it still has Jhonen's childlike schizo humor.

Zim is always successful as long he's working against his species. Hopefully he realizes his legit talents and becomes someone like the Martian Manhunter.

Zim is successful at failing so if he ever became a rebel and go against the armada legitimately, the Irkens would fucking rule the universe.

Exactly this. Clembrane got WAY too much screen time. The first half was fun because Zim seemed like he was at least SEMI competent this time, but rather than setting himself up to fail or sabotaging himself at the last minute his plan just didn't work in the first place. The tallest and the florpus were both going to kill him along with earth so it was lose lose for him weather or not Dib stopped him.

Not totally true, he can succeed its just very common for it to be at the cost his own species, or when hes directly working in Earths favor.

Like when he saved it from Tak and the Planet Jackers.

Only other time was when he killed Dib, but that back fired.

>The tallest and the florpus were both going to kill him along with earth so it was lose lose for him weather or not Dib stopped him.
Eh, the Tallest already seriously hated him though? I'd think his luck finally running out and the Tallest trying to kill him off when they have the chance is a suitable event.

>implying that will change anything
Even if the Tallest are lost screaming in puppetland, the Control Brains still exist to facilitate the Empire in their absence. However it's more likely that they'll emerge unscathed and everything will go back to normal like nothing happened.

Attached: Invader_Zim_Control_Brain_by_ckret.jpg (800x930, 207K)

Mediocre? Nah, it's a good episode.It got a lot of laughs from me. The 2000s era comedy is kinda nostalgic

They could just keep the Tallest lost but put Sizz-Lor or somebody else who hates Zim in charge of the Irkens in a revival. Change but not too much change.

>People hating Rocko because the least important supporting character became trans
I dunno if you put static cling as last in the sense of "not as good" but if not you're jaded in a fantasy land

Attached: hhnnnnnnngg.jpg (302x311, 11K)

Go back to tumblr.

Sizz-Lor is pretty tall.

a bloo bloo im not getting hugboxed

Trying too hard.

They'll be fine, remember when Mars crashed into the Massive?

It didn't. It smashed up other ships but flew right past The Massive.

It anything Zim was the only one that really felt like it's self.

More or less all complaints about how the characters behaved compared with the old show can be answered by the following:
>It's been well over a decade since Zim went off the air and Vasquez therefore had plenty of time to look back on his work. Have his doubts. Wonder if he should've done one thing or another differently.
He's been open about saying Gaz was a one-note character who wasn't really connected well with Zim and Dib's adventures for example. One should consider that Vasquez might have sincerely become more critical of his work.

It is quite clear that Jhonen has changed as a person and that is reflected here. Before he mentioned how the show had no heartwarming moments and now they were put on purpose, the dark aspects of the show were also reduced.

Invader Zim movie was exactly what Invader Zim always was. It's the better movie out of the bunch.

Idk I thought it was pretty good. Humor was on point

>He's been open about saying Gaz was a one-note character who wasn't really connected well with Zim and Dib's adventures
and that was the fun thing about her

When the comics came out he said he didn't feel like the whole goth thing was age appropriate for Gaz and how she didn't really act like a sister to Dib. They still kept in her being angry and her antagonizing Dib. She just is a more rounded character now.

I though it was really enjoyable, satisfied with that as a conclusion to the series

Attached: 1467803112617.png (300x349, 152K)

That's not really what Vasquez wanted though? He wanted her to be Dib's treacherous sidekick who still comes through for him whenever she saw he was truly in danger of death.

Attached: Pitch.png (2550x3508, 2.48M)

But what is Zim going to do now that he knows he's lost his job?

Zim doesn't know he lost his job. The movie ends with him calling the Tallest and being impressed with himself over stealing the garden gnome.

Zim still doesn't know he is a defective or that Tallest wanted to get rid of him. He still believes he is an Invader. That ego ain't going away.

If the show gets revived and they don't just magic away the Massive getting sucked into the Florpus they could just have the Contral Brains get active by appointing a new leader/s for the Irkens. Loyal but Destructive Zim is hardly going to argue with his new Tallest.

Going to watch it soon, how many hotdogs should i get?

I don't think any of his own kind can stand him, besides maybe Skoodge, due to his own small height.

I doubt there will be any other Tallest characters that aren't Miyuki or Spork. If Red and Purple never got to be direct about Zim and how his mission was a lie, what are even the chances other Tallests would be the one to confront him on this?

A dozen.

is it that long?

>butthurt arnoldfags
enter the florpus had the exact same writing the show did, and they perfectly adapted it to a movie format
I cant think of a better execution than benders big score, please please please keep making zim specials, who the fuck needs a reboot? reboots suck

They can always bring Sizz-Lorr in to rule and say he used some time-warp to leave the Foodening. He already has a past with Zim so I think he'd work if the idea is to have a new leader who could keep Red and Purple's dynamic with Zim or even tell him his mission's a lie if needed.

Maybe it is the body that is large and wide that mistakes him as tall. But the head shown lower may not count because it is not like he is standing up straight. Sizz-Lorr had confronted Zim about his mission being a joke, but Zim's ego dismissed him because he works for fast food.

Dunno how much is 80 years in Earth time for Sizz-Lorr to leave the planet when Foodening begins. I even wondered if Trueheart had even considered bringing him back if he didn't want to use Tak.

Slightly different pacing and tone, me thinks. Show was more about Zim dealing with his own mistakes and earth weirdness. Florpus more straightforward Dib vs Zim situation. Also, wayyy too many recycles of the *character does a random thing way too long* -jokes. Like, the computer going "STEALTH MODE" and like ten seconds later you get "ZOOMING, ZOOMING".

If they went with the 30 minute format and less need to be epicool and relateable for new viewers, they would get pretty good material, maybe.

>Slightly different pacing and tone
the only difference was gaz and jhonen stated he didnt like the way she ended up being in the cartoon and wated to change it
otherwise its an hour long episode, of course the pacing is going to be different
>Florpus more straightforward Dib vs Zim situation
many episodes where
there were episodes entirely about dib too
>Also, wayyy too many recycles of the *character does a random thing way too long
yeah maybe
they also reused the joke of a robot picking up a happy costumer and throwing him away from the gameslave episode
>If they went with the 30 minute format and less need to be epicool and relateable for new viewers, they would get pretty good material, maybe.
like the second half of the special is earth going to shit and cool action. What the hell are you talking about?

>Loved the animation
wtf are you talking about?
it looked like rick and morty, it is missing the distinct grease that has always coated the show

>first half was the best one, only one that felt cinematic
>not the third act where Earth goes to shit, a million insane things happen, every main character clashes with each other, where animation gets 10 times better and had the entire Florpus scene where they go through multiple animation art styles
What are you talking about?

Did you mean art style instead of animation? Because they´re not the same thing.

It's a bit hard to put finger on it, but there is a difference. The humor is pretty similar on paper, but for some reason the originals don't feel quite as... underlined as it feels in Florpus. Like the tallest, who felt somewhat functional despite being narcissistic dumbasses in the original run, were now just Zim-levels absurdly stupid.

I can say that the action is a lot better now, but something with the comedic delivery isn't quite as thight or detailed as it is in the couple episodes I rewatched couple weeks back.

t. Muscle Man

>The tallest don't have two fingers anymore.
to the trash it goes.

Attached: 4a853f167724991887ebd82a766c0883[1].jpg (473x553, 36K)

It was less darker

The "Zim is Dark" thing is a misconception. Only a few eps are dark.

>the least important supporting character became trans
That kind of highlights a problem though. A lesser character became the standout element of the special just because.

i liked it

Where can I watch it bros

Internet.