Dib Membrane VS Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!

That was extremely disappointing.

Attached: 1565934933638.jpg (791x543, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!IchHnawQ!t9iRNxWUSWi1numFxnzDfdALtR2TbL9ZFUuSelSTziQ
mega.nz/#F!n4EmTKRI!CNDayg-CD0VwSd2nnKc3Tg
youtube.com/watch?v=zmkr8VAqm2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I enjoyed it.

Seeing Gaz get her clothes ripped off really took me by surprise.

It wasn't spectacular but it was better than rocko at least

My ass it was. Hey Arnold! the Jungle Movie was far superior, so was the 1st 7 Episodes of Samurai Jack Season 5.

not.

Why does everyone act like Samurai Jack Season 5 was complete shit when only the last 3 Episodes were and the 1st 7 were absolute kino?

you have your numbers reversed

please tell me it was free of lefty bullshit unlike Rocko

>Hey Arnold
Messiah Arnold is weak.

>Samurai Jack
It was tainted from the start since it's obvious Gennedy just wanted to throw in all the new ideas he had for revival regardless of how much they clicked together. See Ashi who's a notably conceptually flawed idea even if waifufags/incels deny it.

Also wondering this

Yes, it was a by the numbers Invader Zim special.

I say special because it really felt like an extended episode more than it did a movie.

What’s the plot? Spoil me

It had everything an Invader zim episode it needed, faggot. Especially the multiple dimension bit. pure kino.

I thought it was actually kino as fuck. I expected a higher quality invader zim episode and that's what I got

Zim wanted a porcelain clown from dibs living room hijinks ensue

It was, no politics or any bullshit. It's by the numbers and kino.

>Dib is now the protagonist
>Zim is now completely useless and isn’t the obsessed maniac he used to be
>the plot doesn’t know what it is until the halfway mark
>the florpus is only relevant for the last 2 minutes of the special
4/10 only because of the anime opening

Certified retard

It was a perfectly good movie on par with everything we've gotten from the show but I can understand people feeling blueballed by status quo-ing everything at the end.

>N-NOOOOOO YOU CAN’T DISLIKE MY NEW NETFLIX CARTOON!!! HERE PUT ON THESE NOSTALGIA GOGGLES SO IT LOOKS BETTER!!!

Attached: D61E162C-6541-441D-BA1F-4B9B7864D059.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

Are there any trans characters in this one?

You couldn't tell a good animation even if it hits you right in the head OLD MAN. I had a laugh at this more than with Rocko. This one is better than Rocko in terms of comedy.

Anybody got a torrent link?

do you people like anything

Zim has got a vagina but identifies himself as a man.

Static Cling actually appealed to the original series in both design and characters. I didnt enjoy the trans representation, but at least it was a genuine special that felt like the original (unlike enter the FLOPus).

Zim becomes a Republican

No but Dib has two dads now

Did they make Professor Membrane gay?

Can someone upload GIR's Peace Song from the movie?

I'm craving for chicken pie now...

No they made a clone of him that is down syndrome

The status quo end is my only gripe and honestly I’m not even surprised by it. A little disappointed, but not surprised.

Everything else delivered exactly what the old show used to be. I can only suspect that people who didn’t like it forgot what the show was always like. And I found a lot more jokes funny than I was expecting. I found myself laughing a lot of the time. It was fun.

Mega where?

>better animation than ever
>absolute insanity from start to finish
>the same humor from the original series
>every character had a time to shine
>disappointing
You’re just mad that they didn’t do what you wanted faggot

yeah I don't understand how why people are clamoring "NOT MUH ZIM!"

>watching with nostalgia goggles

I guess it's the current Yea Forums mentality of assuming that OLD = GOOD and NEW = BAD for absolutely everything.

Even though it pretty much shits in the face of the original dynamic, I have that tearing up feeling when Membrane says he was always proud of Dib. It was clearly going for an underlying parental unspoken bond but he was never fond of Dib's dreams of not science and thought he was genuinely insane at one point.

>feeling nostalgic over a cartoon special of a show that’s been off the air for 20 years and was revived purely to appeal to old fans’ nostalgia

Gee, it’s almost like that’s the entire point.

It's more Zim. Whining about it how select posts have been to me is just a sign you either didn't care for Zim to begin with or you've lost interest in it.

Go back to your waifufaggotry/tumblr drama shows (see Korra, She-Ra, Voltron).

>nostalgia goggles
Now I know that's just a buzzword to dismiss discussion rather than make proper counters.

>>better animation than ever
In very very select areas, most of it is distractingly rough.
>>absolute insanity from start to finish
Once it gets in gear past the reintroductions yea I suppose, the shot of the Armada above Dib was really nice and I have been waiting for that since the beginning of the show and not in a rushed fantasy time skip montage (although that gave us way more than this did in that regard, there was 0 interaction with the tallest and anything earth related other than zim)
>>the same humor from the original series
Mostly, but a few of them were executed in a more modernish way. I was also never fond of the comics direction so anything based off that like Gaz was difficult to accept (mainly the colors), Gaz was fine for the most part but they could have did a mixture between Comic and Series so as another user put it, it wasn't a 180. I don't buy that "I'm a shithead because I know you can handle it" heartfelt moment.
>>every character had a time to shine
True enough and the only one that really took over too much was retard dad and he was new. Gir could have been much worse.

9/10 but the animation hurts me sometimes. I loved Zim so much when I was younger that this is really surreal, it's incredible that it's here, but I won't pretend every aspect was better than the original or on par with it. There were changes, sure, but the execution and animation were different too that's beyond redesigns. It was really bad timing to use Dib's original race skin color in a story where he hasn't come out of his room in ages, on top of the fact that it suits his character to be pale.
>You’re just mad that they didn’t do what you wanted faggot
This can sum up most complaints even ones that are well founded.

Attached: light.jpg (1920x1080, 978K)

There is nothing worse than when a character finally sees and experiences first hand what some other character has been trying to get through to them only for it to be dismissed entirely.

So how woke was it?

I watched it twice and the comedy holds up well. I can't believe Nickelodeon refuse to air this and Rocko Static Cling. This is better than Hey Arnold Jungle Movie. It's too bad we won't know how successful this special is since it's on Netflix.

Faggot

cgi gir flying away into the wind

What does me sucking cock have to do with this? Just answer the question instead of gaybashing me

I didn’t notice any new “wokeness” at all until after I’d watched it and came on here only to see people complaining that they’d made Dib slightly more tan because apparently they just figured out that the guy who always had the last name “Vasquez,” is, in fact, Mexican.

dib used to be extremely pale because jhonen was extremely pale
he's gotten more tan in recent years so now dib is too

It was weird to hear that side character high pitched voice again, it's been awhile.

But does Jhonen still wear an outdated long coat?

Wait, is Vasquez and Dib related?

Dib is the obligatory author self-insert character

Mmyeh. It was watchable. Just more watered down version of the original show in overall. Moments of good stuff, stuff that still had the edge and pacing, some moments that were just very by-the-numbers story stuff, plenty of jokes that drew way too far and bunch of character stuff that didn't get utilized. Ironically, Zim himself felt pretty underutilized in this. Best jokes and character interactions were lifted straight from the comic. Kinda does give the impression that either the original creative minds really weren't too hot on making the film or they ran into studio-interference / other production issues. Think you could cut like 20 minutes away from it and it would feel like decent show episode.

Also, I wish Tak had appeared in flesh!

Attached: zim.png (1024x1536, 1.15M)

dib is literally based on jhonen

>first 7 episodes

You mean first 3 episodes.

>It was clearly going for an underlying parental unspoken bond but he was never fond of Dib's dreams of not science and thought he was genuinely insane at one point.
Prof. Membrane's bio in the pitch bible calls him a good father who's just busy though.

It looks to me that Vasquez just wanted to make the Membranes be more of a well, family. Make Zim have more of the sincere pathos it had in its pitch.

Attached: 1509410104882.png (2550x3508, 2.26M)

Dark reds are better than bright pinks.

Attached: sky.jpg (1045x551, 183K)

I guess the hologram is a little bit too much on the nose, yes.

This, Vasquez meant for Dib’s family to be an actual family but the show’s current swept them into seeming abusive (like how Membrane couldn’t even remember that Dib was his son).

No it wasn't. My expectations were pretty low after Rocko but Florpus was pretty much just a long episode of Invader Zim mostly as I remembered it so I was happy with it. I do think Gaz was pretty out of character, especially with how often her eyes open which didn't happen all that often in the series before this. Some of the animation looked bad in parts but it was only a couple times where it really bothered me and only for a few seconds total. The colours are kind of fucked though, everything is really warm and calming which gives it a really different mood to the series even though the actual story and events are along the same lines. A couple of the jokes were drawn out too long but overall the humor was still the same.

>Gaz was fine for the most part but they could have did a mixture between Comic and Series so as another user put it, it wasn't a 180.
It was Vasquez remaking her character so that it'd be more satisfying to him. He complained about her being too one-note and disconnected from Zim and Dib's war on each-other. Which is less surprising when you read her bio in the pitch where she was more of treacherous sidekick who doubled as bratty sister.

I don't remember them ever using the Irken eye shine as pupils but they did when Red was first talking to Purple. He was glaring around. I thought that was weird.

I want more Zim.

Nah you are just a fag OP. This was the best thing I watched all year.

Part of the problem was that Dib lost too much of his negative traits from the pitch (see him using his little sister as a guinea) to make any foul treatment at the hands of his own family come off less as putting him in his place and more cruelty for the sake of it.

I thought it was fantastic. I wasn't laughing out loud or anything but it had a dumb smile on my face way more than I'm proud to admit.
Also lmao at people complaining about the animation as if the original was a shining beacon

Well he ruined his dad's keynote and lied to his sister about it, he was still an asshole

>Also lmao at people complaining about the animation as if the original was a shining beacon
Dude don't, there was some insanely bad animation in this.

Based. Going to see it later with the confirmation.

Nah, even though the original had animation errors it's still better than the movie.

No, they made him a double-amputee. And he's still the best character in the show.

Attached: 1565943531891.png (855x562, 761K)

I loved the special, but there were moments where the animation looked legit unfinished.

Sharks and Santa are his worst enemies!

I am so glad I am not a turbo autist that notices shit like that. It has to be horrible to watch animation like that.

>animation errors
That's not the same as weakly animated itself. Like the issue here wasn't an arm missing for a frame, or like when Red was first reacting to Zim on the screen where that little pink area blinked in and out of being colored under his head, it was how badly drawn it could get and the fucking framerate. It was an actual eyesore at worst. I don't think the original series ever got as bad as this animation did with how janky it was.

If you have eyes you can see shit like the 2 frames of mouth for an entire dialogue scene, or in the toilet scene case, 2 frames for an entire character animation (Gir), stop pretending like this is some minuscule shit no one could notice. The movie was good but the animation dragged it down to feeling like a youtuber fan animatic colored half the damn time. In fact, now that I think about it, I saw Soapy Waffles animation that was both similar to the bad parts of this, and better at times than the worst of it.

TURBO. EYES.

mega.nz/#!IchHnawQ!t9iRNxWUSWi1numFxnzDfdALtR2TbL9ZFUuSelSTziQ

Can someone hit me up with a mega for the jungle movie? I haven't seen it since the year it came out which was like 2 years ago. I want to have all 3 movies plus I haven't seen JM in so long I need a refresher.

This scene here really makes me think something happened during production.

Attached: file.png (453x502, 189K)

I literally did not notice any of that nor did my friend who was watching with me. And I doubt most people will. user not everyone when watching something tries to find every little flaw in something.

What exactly is happening there?

Look at the feeler.

As Dib is crushed by robots, Zim and Gir wave at him by flapping their fingers in an awkward 2 frame animation. Zim's clipped antenna doesn't move, it's just an error. If you can watch it on Netflix, it's around the 58:33 mark.

>Hey Arnold
>Zim
>Rocko
>Rugrats x2 (series and theatrical film)
>Legends of the Hidden Temple
>All That
>Blue's Clues
>Double Dare
I really want Angry Beavers and Real Monsters to have a shot at a return. I want to hear Nick and Richard talking again, I want to hear that weird pronunciation too. For ARM I was really interested in the potential about their secret being discovered. I thought also that the rumored theatrical movie could have been really cool just on the idea of it getting one, since we never knew anything about it.

I would be pretty pumped for either of these getting a movie special announcement. I think my hype was knocked down a bit for Zim because we had the comics and I got used to it in a "it's back in a way" situation, by the time the TV movie announcement rolled around it wasn't the same as if there had been silence of content until the movie.

Yeah, but both the movie and the comic tried to redirect the Membrane to be in line with how Vasquez envisioned them in the pitch. Gaz became more of a legit gloomy sidekick little sister, Membrane shown as sincerely caring for his children but busy, and Dib just more obviously flawed instead of the straight put-upon hero type.

I forgot Clarissa Explains it All.

Zim taking over Membrane Labs was really cool. I always wanted him to interact with this super science facility more than he did in the original series. I know it's Zim's ego that makes him discount Earth science, but ML is impressive nonetheless.

Learning that the Tallest ONLY travel in a straight line was an absolute gem of lore to this show. They are just this impending force that your planet might have to deal with, but only if you're directly in their path. Zim taking advantage of this was a pretty fantastic plan and it was great to see him actually be reasonably effective. Earth was thrown into chaos, and this was a legitimate threat to the world.

I thought Dib and Gaz had great chemistry. I welcome the retooling of the characters. I thought it made them stronger and more sympathetic in general. Dib came off as genuinely heroic, and it was great to see Gaz tuned down to not be an unstoppable monster, and instead the snarky and more calculated of the two.

I don't know what anyone is complaining about the animation. The movement had some really great little details. The colour script was incredible, and the shots were great. The film really delivered on all of those delicious high perspective shots Zim is filled with. The entire climax was cool too, to go through all these different styles.

Is it perfect? Nah, of course not. But it was great seeing the characters again. This entire thing was a delightful treat and it was fun.

Attached: better as a toilet.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

I enjoyed it a lot.

>brief shot in the reality-phasing thing
>Zim is human
>Gaz and Dib are irken
>Gir is a robot dog
>Professor Membrane is a very handsome-looking human
Uh, guys?

Wasn't that Clembrane?

Why is Gaz so cute?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-16-12h48m33s168.png (1920x1080, 718K)

Oh, wait it was, lol.

Arnold was weak. His friends aged but he didn't. In fact it felt like Arnold was made even younger than he originally was. It was jarring. It's also why the scene where he and Helga finally admit they like each other (If you can even call it that) fall short.

Clembrane's an alien clone, so it fits.

>the snarky and more calculated of the two
She was already this but we have enough of this kind of female character.

Yeah Clembrane is a clone. Here's your shot.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-16-12h53m19s500.png (1920x1080, 1.08M)

I really need a Jungle Movie mega.

kino

Attached: iron mem.png (558x706, 257K)

As a kid I always thought that the Tallest would eventually launch their largest invasion ever on Earth because of Earth having the tastiest snacks in the universe or some shit like that.

Does something similar happen on the comics or the cancelled episodes?

I didn't realize that stuff flying around was his glove tearing apart, that's good detail.

I don't think the subject of Earth snacks ever came up in the comics, except for one gag-panel where Zim accidentally unleashed a horde of Tallest clones on the Deelishus Weenie Corporation.

Their first reaction to Earth in the movie was to scream a lot and blow it up strictly because Zim is there.

Attached: judgementia robes.png (807x569, 446K)

>No Tak

Fucking dropped.

Tak had the idea to fill the planet with snacks by removing all the magma from the Earth's core. We don't know if it is Irken snacks or Earth's own.

I'm starting to think it doesn't exist.

It's the same character, yes, I've seen the show. Gaz plays off Dib better than she used to here, just because she's a little less caustic towards him, and actually has some vestment in the plot. She normally only helps because she "has to" in the show, and is a passive force. She's just a more active element.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-16-13h00m00s086.png (1920x1080, 1.03M)

Dib and Zim are both based on Jhonen. The former is his spazzy kid human self, the latter is his inhumane introvert persona with an insane work ethic that cannot relate to other people.

So, the tallest dead.... or?

Pilot will save them and then get executed for breaking the straight line.

>zim killed the tallest, again
its ok, they'll be back the next time they're needed

>Hey Arnold! the Jungle Movie was far superior
not technically a revival

They're fine. Same goes for Skoodge. And Tak. And Keef. 0And Table-head Bob. And Miyuki. And Spork, too. Everyone is fine.

Attached: 1548907665640.png (800x800, 186K)

I got an error halfway through the download.

Miyuki and Spork can't be dead, if they never made an appearance.

Attached: 46yhety.jpg (702x395, 31K)

See? You're getting the hang of it.

Attached: 323742cf30ffaec2fb58282a1b12b611.jpg (600x621, 343K)

Where do I watch this?

Zim has long been a success if he's hindering the Irken Empire (ruining Impending Doom One) and/or protecting Earth (stopping Tak). Banishing the Tallests Red and Purple to never return is just Zim doing what he's good at.

Thanks, have a good day

Can we please talk about how absolutely amazing Horvitz did in this?

Jesus christ it's good

Not that anyone doubted he would

I keep getting an error every time I try to download this, is there an alternative dl

Where was the edge? The original was edgy as fuck. I didnt see a single onscreen death.

They especially neutered Gaz. Shes not even close to being goth anymore

He sound a little clunky in the beginning and even slipped into Billy's voice for a split second, but overall he did a pretty good job.

I liked discouraged and sad Zim feel like the movie should have been Dib needing Zim to go back to his crazy motivated self

They used too much motion tweening

Mopiness of Doom, basically?

It´s probably his best performance yet.
All those years acting as Kaos probably helped.

Attached: kaos.jpg (620x350, 16K)

>All these Zim threads popping up.

While I totally dig it I would appreciate if there was one thread.

What was wrong with rocko?

So why do people said it all ends in status quo when pic related fucking died?

Attached: 86c440a6ee9c61dfb7f8a572ee0409f3599c6b9fr1-500-375_hq.gif (500x375, 260K)

>edge
It's been a long time since Zim happened. Vasquez is a changed man.

>Gaz
Vasquez thought she was one-note.

remember the time dib and zim became sausages
or the time zim had his brain eaten by a parasite
or the time zim had his brain replaced by a pig

Because its a standard IZ ending where death is seemingly inevitable yet is avoided by the time the next episode comes.

they were clearly alive
screaming, on fire in puppet hell but obviously alive

Gaz was never a goth tho

It was good but a better ending would have been for Doctor Membrane to realize that Dib was right and curbstomp Zim, save the Earth, and even defeat the Tallest in like 2 hours, leaving Dib to feel angst over his dad being better at fighting aliens

Gaz is fine this way. Show could use more edge, though.

People were hoping for a definitive defeat rather then a bog standard Invader Zim fakeout death. Like the time where an episode ended with Zim getting launched into the sun with seemingly no way to escape

>I didnt see a single onscreen death.
Zim didn´t have onscreen deaths, what are you talking about. Even the organ episode had no one dying.
Also, did you forget the ice cream truck exploding and the tiny world Zim and Dib destroyed?

what's Yea Forums's thoughts on Dib's second dad?

Attached: 2019-08-16 (60).png (1366x768, 1.07M)

>stop pretending like this is some minuscule shit no one could notice
I´ve rewatched it plenty of times already and haven´t seen it. Maybe you should stop pretending that it´s something people will notice.

I'm fine with the amount of Membrane-wank we had today as it is. He can go back to solving humanity's inborn problems and let his kids keep fighting the good fight. It's probably better that way.

Besides Earth is in no danger of full Irken invasion since we now know they only travel in a straight line.

In the original series civilians were regularily crushed, blown up, or deformed and killed by some zim experiment.

That was the only part I didn´t like. He really wasn´t that funny. It felt like it was a character that made Jhonen laugh and that´s why he was an important part of this.
I wonder if he´s gonna show up in the comics now.

There was that Christmas episode where that guy let himself get crushed.

Didn't squid man get eaten by sharks?

Attached: ECGfB36WkAYQQBB.jpg (1640x926, 127K)

Any alternatives?

People are just crying because we now have definitive proof that Invader Zim was always just a silly kids show with no overarching plot or story.

Goth cucks were holding onto this tiny shred of their dead garbage culture and now its gone. Bye bye edgelords

Indifferent. The only part that really got to me was when he chose his "family" over Zim he could make a good babysitter or goofy uncle.

Was better than Rocko Static Cling (which I enjoyed but found disappointing). This was good I thought, though I had zero expectations going in.

Not creepy/weird enough to work as a joke and a character for as much screen time as he had.

Attached: officer squidman.gif (320x240, 1.94M)

I liked Cumbrain

People have noticed since the first footage, retard. Even Jhonen had to respond to it.

it alright

Attached: it alright.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

hated him, only thing you could do to make him more annoying is give him roiland's voice

>DUDE I JUST HIT MY HEAD LMAO ITS NOT REAL
anyone else find this lazy? Membrane will say this shit, but then he'll flip to treating the situation with genuine concern. He even got clearly nervous when he had to decode a fucking moose with only seconds to survive. But then every 5 minutes they just throw in a random "WOW THIS DREAM IS SO REAL XDD" line because they were too pussy to break the status quo.

They should've picked a side. Either have him uselessly delusional or redpill his ass.

I'm a boomer and was a teenager during the show's original run. I have no good memories of it, the show was alright, but the fandom was cancer. You could tell people liked the show at high school if they thought spewing out non-sequiturs while trying to do an impression on GIR's voice was funny. I distinctly remember the sheer amount of slash fanfiction/fanart this show produced.

And Zim also straight up stated that he fucking killed a bunch of mall santas to make his suit

Where was Ms. Bitters?

Actress died

>Especially the multiple dimension bit
Gravity Falls did it three years ago.

It honestly just felt like a gravity falls episode

stuck on the skool grounds

Which part are you referring to?

no sound

yfw

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-16-14h07m56s518.png (1920x1080, 753K)

The part where Zim sounds like Billy? It's when he's reading a newspaper without a subscription.

Yeah, they pushed this joke way too much. I'm not against him actually doing something while in denial but it felt more like they were repeatedly explaining this to the audience rather than heightening the humor or tension.

It also would've been nice if they mentioned Membrane discovering vampire bees at the end and proclaiming them as a part of science. Membrane and Dib's relationship is the one thing this movie took seriously and it would at least add a little closure.

I think it's in a lot of people's blood to do this, it's like creative 101 to do art changes for something. Gumball did it (The Pizza, when Richard was about to make a delivery), Gravity Falls did it, I'm sure there are others but I have noticed it more this decade.

Are you kidding? He's the one VA that I thought couldn't remember his character.

>or the time zim had his brain eaten by a parasite
I actually don't remember this one.

That was really one of the best ways it could end.

Dib gets to save the world and now gets along better with his family, Gaz gets to game IRL and Zim is still stuck in his delusion that he's an invader and any of his plans matter.

I WAS THE TURKEY ALL ALONG

>this part
I'm so glad they referenced this gag

Attached: 2019-08-16 (72).png (1366x768, 768K)

Curze, is that you?

its the rpisode when zim took the massive for a joyride/ the one episode the resisty show up

It's just fun shit. It's amusing for an artist to have their characters drawn in many different artstyles/media.

Also Billy and Mandy did it too.

Attached: lg.jpg (750x532, 59K)

I thought that Prof. Membrane was straight up dead/gone and that they set up Clembrane to be an actual replacement dad. Also kind of made me remember my dad since when I was young he and my sister would always watch this show and that he liked it a lot, since he just really liked cartoons as he was a foster child that wasn't given the luxury and also enjoyed stupid humor. Unfortunately, he passed away a little over two years ago of ALS, but one of the last things he said to me before he lost his ability to speak was that he was proud of me. /blogpost .

She was the Florpus

Membrane can singlehandedly wreck Zim's armies and basically controls the entire world. Him acknowledging Zim would basically solve the entire plot.

I can't believe Gir got anally raped by 3 fat men. A daring scene.

>Irken Skills BTFO at last
I got what I wanted, the movie was great.

s2e1

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-16-14h17m59s772.png (716x540, 584K)

I think this is the first time where it is treated as factual that his head is huge.

>he thinks this is an argument

>everything I don't approve of is Gravity Falls

It was good enough for a zim special, the original show wasnt that great

I owuld've like this more if it were a finale. sending the Tallest into the Florpus and DIb getting a new dad is not that. it's impressive how much the special was pushing the "Dad will respect me" subplot but it didn't amount to anything. it should've ended with Membrane believing Dib and Zim getting sent to Mo Pin 10, leaving it open enough for a continuation that will neve rhappen.

Invader Zim did way before.

Moose in a Room brah.

gtfo

Don't forget the Tallest finally getting condemned to suffer in the Florpus thanks to Zim. First time we've ever seen them end up in a doomed situation.

Was in the intro.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-16-14h20m27s800.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

The tentacle rape scene was way more explicit than I thought it was going to be.

>Where was the edge?
I hope you realize note every single ep had extreme edge
And movie still had a modest amount of edgy humor and gross imagery. It's no dark harvest, but so are most episodes of the original show.

Attached: asdas.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

Zim was more of the same, I enjoyed it, But Arnold was the ending that I always wanted and the Rocko had better passing.

Irkens are a seahorse race where males have pouches and females have egg depositers but that was a one off joke so I’m not sure it counts.

Makes sense, he probably had more control in the comics and movie to do it the way he planned to. IIRC there was a lot of meddling on Nick's part during the series proper.

Condolences, brother.

mega.nz/#F!n4EmTKRI!CNDayg-CD0VwSd2nnKc3Tg
Streamable one

>Gaz got blacked

FUCK NETFLIX

They didn't die, they were just suffering in flaming puppet anguish in the Florpus.
Another reason why is because Zim never really had much continuity to begin with outside the comics. This was more or less a double bill episode of the show so status quo is assumed.

The foodbot had Roiland's voice I'm pretty sure.

It was decent and I’m glad they made it but it felt quite caricatured/flanderized with very little creative spark to the humor, there were amusing bits but nothing that felt like it took much effort to come up with. I think basically anyone could watch the original show and then basically write this script exactly without racking their brain too hard. It just doesn’t have that genuine sense of chaos and feels phoned in.
Animation was generally decent (don’t know what was up with those 3 or 4 rigged Toon Boom shots though), though I miss the moodier lighting of the original show the moments that were supposed to be bright/colorful looked sweet in HD. And all the voices and music are still totally on-point. Competent overall but sadly lacking in surprises

What the fuck was the point of the rick and morty robot

Sound doesn't work

Yeah, feels like Gaz got a soft reboot, original Gaz wouldn't have helped until the very end.

>I ate a baby there!
>He did.

The issue is , he's hyper-competent to the point that if he actually bought into Dib's stories, he'd find a way to get rid of Zim and the entire Irken army before dinnertime. Hell in this the moment he decided to do something he immediately turned the entire fight on its head and that's while he's just entertaining what he thinks are delusions in his head.

Weren't the Membranes always supposed to be latino/latina?

I mean Dib's appearance seems heavily based off Jhonen himself, who is Mexican.

Yeah what the fuck was with that animation at points? It looked like a fucking family guy shot with the characters stiffly standing beside one another

>"I don't help anyone... but Tak!"
>local translation: "I don't help anyone. Attack!"
Netflix localization kvaliteet.

Attached: tak the janitor.png (960x720, 548K)

He was supposed to voice Clembrane but couldn't due to conflicting schedules. I'm glad he didn't.

blew the budget on the opening

Attached: 2019-08-16 (77).png (1366x768, 1.66M)

Latinas belong to white men

It was good, not great. Felt just like watching a new regular episode of Zim more or less, which was cute. I feel like Zim himself was a bit stupider and more annoying than usual.

My only real problem was the animation. The quality itself was really, really bad technically for most of it, and the style just didn't look nearly as good as the original. The original show had a really dismal, bleak sort of look most of the time and everything looked dirty, but now everything is very clean and pink. Took me out of it and made it feel a lot less like Zim.

Attached: file.png (443x344, 276K)

God that would've brought the entire special down at least 2 points. Genuinely dont know if I could handle that

Jesus Christ that would have been bad.

>”It was alright.”

Attached: 4B7C0221-0BAC-41F4-BA56-F0D88614043C.jpg (1000x1232, 175K)

Honestly, the character did give me pretty strong Rick n Morty / Meeseeks vibes.

Attached: Tikanan, out!.png (1324x712, 792K)

I mean that's all you can really say about it, same with Static Cling.
They were revivals by the creators that followed in the vein of the originals and show the creator's changes over time. It's not going to win anyone over, but they're the best possible result a revival can really get and for what they are, they're on par.

Attached: 1232324312435.png (532x531, 267K)

Zim doesn't win... i'm angry.

>I feel like Zim himself was a bit stupider and more annoying than usual

It felt like Zim was being more reckless then usual because he was told the truth and was so desperate to bring the Tallest to the Earth, even at the risk of sending Earth into a giant black hole.

I get the feeling that Jhonen has a lot of fun voicing Zim's computer.

But he did! He took Dib's ceramic clown-puppy!

I thought Static Cling was WAY more on-point to the quality of the original show which made it more impressive to me even though I’m a bigger fan of Zim than Rocko generally. It made me want more with how well-done it was.
This felt more like past revivals like the Powerpuff Girls 10th Anniversary special or even post-cancellation Futurama, an adequate tribute but pretty disposable and forgettable overall and clearly a step down creatively.

It was fine, but all I was hoping for SOME kind of conclusion however. It just seemed like a long episode of Zim. Everything just went back to the status quo at the end.

Didn't GIR always have really jerky movements?

>Zim has ears
FAILURE

>I lived long enough to see new Invader Zim
Still can't believe it

Attached: 1780423.jpg (243x337, 26K)

>COMPUTER LAUGH WITH ME
>NO!

Just watched it.
It was exactly as crazy and over the top as I was hoping an Invader Zim movie would be. Some parts looked weirdly tweened, but other than that it looked great. Still not the biggest fan of the colors, but I got used to it by the end so there's that. The new designs looked a lot better in motion.
Also the VAs were amazing, they sounded like not a day had passed since the original run.

>"COMPUTER CALL THE TALLEST"
>Calling the Tallest...
>"AND WHEN THEY GET HE-"
>UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGH

Attached: themingkler.png (388x484, 36K)

>the old man kid is sitting in the back

Attached: 1540067209513.png (294x222, 116K)

Gir had like 0 screentime

In the entire original show he only had like 75 lines

>having Minimoose be part of the plot when his creation episode never even aired

Attached: 1565841836916.png (280x237, 82K)

Why the fuck would you make an Invader Zim movie but make it a DIB episode?

I had prepared myself to be disappointed simply due to the fact that I'm not 12 anymore, so I was actually surprised I liked it as much as I did. This was pretty much what you could ask for in a a new Invader Zim thing, if you think it doesn't live up to the show you probably haven't watched the show lately and are relying on your warm fuzzy memories of it.
8/10

holy shit, toontown...

Oh fuck me that nostalgia rush

Zim had all the best lines

what are you talking about? MInimoose was part of the show the entire time

They actually killed the Tallest

Guess this kills any chances of new episodes

Zim is more ambitious and has a lot more hype/expectations surrounding it compared to Rocko, so it's only natural that people are disappointed. Static Cling is more consistent but Florpus has higher highs.

I really wish they would have done the joke they cut from the xmas episode where minimoose is shoddily placed into flashbacks from other episodes in this.

Main characters die violently all the time. Have you ever watched Invader Zim before this?

If we counted all the ways the world got fucked by Zim, then the series would have ended by like episode 4

Hey remember when Zim and Dib turned into bologna and the series ended?

Is there even a viable download link yet? Its been hours.

>1st 7 episodes of Samurai Jack Season 5
It went downhill at episode 4.

I think that's because there was more time spent in the school.

The school is where it starts looking dismal.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-15-11h39m28s273.png (716x540, 319K)

>what is ctrl+f

I liked it. It just felt like a classic invader zim episode but as a movie. I do feel that the animation was sometimes bad, but overall it was good as well.

rest of the time, as shown in that pic and this one, isn't all that dark/dirty/bleak-looking

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-12-16h18m37s190.png (716x540, 450K)

The first scene after the anime sequence in the kitchen looks really cheap and so does the first scene with the tallest before zim calls. But that's the worst offenders I can think of, animation was pretty decent.

mom bot looking cute as fuck in the background

Does anyone have a gif of Gir smashing the keyboard when he makes the song? I need it for shitposting purposes.

Oh god I found that part stupid.

it's fair to say that the show had darker shading and duller colors overall
but i don't mind that jhonen wants to move away from edgy bleak stuff, it doesn't downgrade quality and is mostly
>not muh zim

Attached: OH NO BLUE SKY.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

Vasquez lost his edge.

This. He needed Eric truehart or some other co writer he would use in the original Zim show.

>no edge

He basically drained a dude's life force to power his shit

Attached: 2019-08-16 (87).png (1366x768, 878K)

>action dad who is entertaining, helpful, competent, and not a complete moron

More than a decade later, modern cartoons still can't catch up to Invader Zim.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-16-15h15m47s542.png (1920x1080, 1010K)

SNEAKY

The Stacy Blue Gaz
>Cares for her dad and brother
>Harsh but can be nice as well
>Jams out with her brother to some tunes
>Wears lighter colors
>Can play the guitar

The becky emo Gaz:
>Annoying
>Always angry
>Lacks empathy
>Emo
>Can't play any instruments

Tried that. One is busted, one has no sound.

That was a great callback

And his hot dog

anyone has the MEGA with the latin dub?
>inb4 watch it in english
its not the same, i need to hear the voices i know since i was a edgy kid

Attached: sakko.png (259x224, 11K)

I like how he's not an idiot and wants actual proof but still willing to listen to his son even if it seems crazy to him.

Imagine if Jhonen knew this was going to be on Netflix when he made it. How ramped up would the edge be
>tfw he could've finally put in bloody gir

Attached: gir.png (1000x1086, 281K)

Jhonen knew he wasn’t gonna get to do any more Zim after this so he chose to do that.

I think most people are remembering the show wrong/clouding their judgement with nostalgia.

Invader ZIM had like a few really dark episodes but most of the time it was goofy nonsense.

Hell, i'd settle for an actual ENGLISH mega. The ones above have no sound.

holy shit you brought back some memories

Attached: bb15559bd953ddefbd511513b8184845.png (340x435, 245K)

>all of them haven't been found yet

If there ever is any continuation, they'll probably just be fine with no or minimal explanation.

Download Rewritten.

Why is Gaz so out of character?

Technically Dib lost as well since he never got to show Zim at the expo. People forget that Dib only wins when he either exposes Zim to the world for good and has him taken in for dissection. They’re in an eternal stalemate because Zim can never actually take over earth and Dib can never actually prove his existence.

Goth Latinas are the only Latinas that matter t b h

Closer to Pitch Gaz who the Comic Gaz is based moreso on
Jhonen mellowing out over the years
Jhonen himself always finding her a one-note nothing character

Johen wanted to make her likable and this version is based off the comics.

He did, you just haven’t found the frame yet.

Did you see the movie?
>Gir ate a baby and threw a dog to space
>Zim and dib destroyed a tiny world
>Zims entire plan used actual children who where in dangerous locations like a volcano and a shark infested ocean
>Zims nightmare about being lobotomized and eaten alive
>the tallest trapped in a hell hole
>the tallest blowing up an innocent ice cream truck
What I’ve noticed from this and other threads is that people have a strange idea that the original Zim was the darkest most gruesome show ever made. It’s certainly darker than most kids cartoons but it wasn’t the most disgusting, violent, repulsive show to ever be aired on TV. This movie feels natural to what Zim used to be.

It’s comic Gaz. I get your shock, but after 40 something issues it’s nothing new.

This

Anybody who tells you otherwise is lying about Zim

Nice

Attached: hot-topic-invader-zim.png (800x1942, 2.33M)

Will Hot Topic bring back merch for the movie?

I agree that the status quo ending felt a bit like a slap in the face there, but...weirdly enough, it did kind of keep it true to the show. I mean, any of the growth that Dib got with his dad is still there. It was just there the entire time.

It was expected that Tak wouldn't appear in the movie but i have one question. Has she appeared in the Comics yet? I just can't believe she hasn't been used since that one episode. There's so much potential with Tak and yet they do nothing

Attached: tumblr_m74iusv6D51r0y44no1_500.gif (500x375, 991K)

I want a shirt that isn't Gir goddammit.

>Also the VAs were amazing, they sounded like not a day had passed since the original run.

Really? Hortviz sounded like someone was doing an impression of ZIM after smoking 80 packs of cigarettes.

What are the goat alien species called again?

Small complaint but why didn't the Irken mothership navigator do anything? It looked like he was gearing up to betray the tallest and move the ship or something but he just rode it out, got bullied and ate shit in puppet hell with everyone else.

Vortians.

Tak has pretty much just become her ship at this point.

there was a gay couple comforting each other and tak's ship wanted to be addressed by its correct pronouns

Gaz gets a girlfriend.

Where did you get your hands on the pitch bible? I'd love to see it in full.

Also

>tfw no spooky chihuahua in the whole special

:(

When people say Invader ZIM was the most dark and disturbing childrens cartoon to ever air it's like they forgot Ren & Stimpy ever existed.

Reminder that Membrane is a shitter who couldn't make sharks into friends like Zim & Gir.

Attached: Membrane vs Sharks vs Zim 0.jpg (1500x3375, 3.33M)

Nope, nothing. I think Jhonen has been against it, however he is well aware of her popularity. I await the inevitable "villainous team-up bound to go horribly wrong" plot but I speculate they won't try that well until 2030.

Vortians. They're the smart guys who used to be Irken allies, and designed most of their technology.

Attached: colourme_dib_tak_for_zimadonna_by_enigmatia.png (900x667, 250K)

Dib and Gas end the show with 2 dads sort of.

Overall seemed like an average IZ episode. I don't mean it in a bad way since the series has always been episodic and you can pretty much jump in any episode since there is little to zero continuity.
Gaz seemed okay but it felt weird that she was in it so much since she was always more like a minor role in each episode instead of a focus. I guess that is why they changed her personality since the old one doesn't work for long stints of time. Zim seemed more goofy than normal and GIR was still obnoxious. I would give it a 8/10 just because of the awesome intro and action scene with Professor Membrane.

I would have to agree. It went on too long though, to the point of inconsistent animation.

No, Eric Truheart is against showing TAK in the comics. I guess Jhonen goes with it because he likes to troll his audience.

Oh weird. Why is he against it?

He's bullshitting. Membrane chopped his own arms off FOR SCIENCE!

Attached: 8ff7795c385710ee99c225ec53bcdbcf--invader-zim-professor.jpg (413x550, 37K)

He got all pissy about it in an interview because people keep asking him when TAK will show up.

Wasn't Season 2 going to feature an episode with Tak and a SIR competition? "Top of the Line."
GIR vs. Mimi could've been amazing.

Irkens and Vortians are adorable.

Thank you

the virgin rocko vs the chad zim

The shark took one arm, he took the other. Science is all about consistency so when he was able to build a science arm naturally he made another.

Attached: 566BC2AF-DB01-46EB-A2AD-D061619E37D2.jpg (401x471, 60K)

Was one of the reality jump scenes animated by Max G? Could have sworn i saw his style for a brief 3 seconds.

That fucking scream when he was holding the head of one of the murdered robots sounded so genuine and heart broken, it s l a y e d me

When he's done so many voices not a shock, but other than being kinda raspy he was super spot on

Nope

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 3.03.36 PM.png (1280x799, 274K)

>s l a y e d
Twitter scum begone

That was a common phrase decades before twitter retard. If something slayed you it made you almost die from laughter.

>Zim got a cool moment
>GiR got a useful moment
>Gas got a cool moment
>Dib got character development
>Membrane got a cool moment
>The Massive got a cool moment

Made me happy. Thanks, Jhonen.

Irken Gaz is cute

Attached: SHECUTE.png (2560x1440, 3.01M)

As much as I love the comics I sometimes wonder what it would be like if the show had continued to a third season when the lore was amping up and characters like Skoodge, Tak, and possibly even Lard Nar were becoming more regular.

Attached: 53A0CDAD-CA99-4139-9C49-43178BF3C5C3.png (500x554, 112K)

that style's way too damn generic

Attached: generic ass round style.png (1920x1080, 1.29M)

Really? Why's that?

Here's your Tak, bro

Attached: tak.png (592x589, 403K)

I'm so sorry for your loss, friend. I'm happy that you had that love with your father though. Rest in peace.

There is some really really bad animation in there, especially around the last third of the movie where tweening becomes really obvious.

Did you feel it? The paradigm shift?

Still would.

>I DON'T WANT TO!

>This is better than Hey Arnold Jungle Movie
haha NO.

Zim looks like a Shmorky character.

>tyson hesse
nice

Attached: mistake.png (339x424, 205K)

>Tak has pretty much just become her ship
is this meta-commentary?

Netflix

To be fair he really only starts listening after thinking it was a hallucination but it's something

OH THANK GOD! WHAT A FUCKING DODGED BULLET!

If Zim was made by Sugar

Attached: 48334BB4-6F42-4654-919C-1B6486F3F498.png (646x766, 158K)

>Jhonen thinks that pic will turn me off
I have such sights to show you...

Attached: sorlag.jpg (878x804, 527K)

Irkens are borderline brainwashed to be loyal regardless of whether they can have a dissenting opinion.

Its gone full circle. From a guy who did webcomics to someone actually in the industry.

Attached: FB20xl.png (1152x864, 1.28M)

I don’t think that’s supposed to be Tak but a fan dressed like Tak.

Sau-
>Sorlag
>female

Nevermind

The space prison was in the comics.

Attached: 5CFB524A-DF25-4473-B366-E5DA30055551.jpg (1041x1600, 456K)

They are basically cyborgs. They can't function without their backpacks, which are directly part of their neurological system.

Just makes me wonder if Membrane's bracelet is sort of a proto-development for similar system in human framework. Maybe the irken regulars are like genetically manipulated children, that's why they are so small despite being adults.

...the old kid...

JESUS CHRIST, IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER

Attached: diavolos.jpg (934x526, 101K)

I would KILL for a simple black irkin logo on a proper dark pinkish-red shirt.

Was there jut random CG when Dib and Gaz were dancing in the ship?

you may be mixing zim up with ziltoid the omniscient

I think the end was a reference to Event Horizon. So they suffered a fate worst than death.

So its safe to say the Irken have reached technological singularity ages ago.

Honestly, I hope the series continues in Netflix. So it will at least counterbalance the shittier shows like Bigmouth.

It's chicken and rice user

The animation is debatable but you're totally right. Anyone complaining about Florpus doesn't remember original Zim or never liked it.

Genuinely based take.

Jhonen probably made this character on purpose so the special could have its own Jar Jar to piss fans off.

I like you user.

Go talk about it in one of MILLION threads, don't derail this one please.

What happening in that picture

She's not that different. Instead of being angry and terrifying ALL the time, she's angry and terrifying when she's mad.

Space prison rape.

It was fine

They're gonna make Zim drop the soap.

You're thinking of Dragon Ball Super.

I can't find it on the Netflix what do I do? I search invader zim and all it gives me is the rocko special.

SECOND DAD......GAY..GAY... GAAAAAAAAAAY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
*Smashes keyboard*

Attached: 1536956329240.jpg (640x467, 163K)

I thought it was fun as fuck.

Friendly spontaneous prison wrestling match.

I wish I was one of the prisoners.

It unlocks after watching Rocko 5 times while also beating all 6 off Mr. Bighead's time trails.

Zim technically almost complete his mission of destroying Earth. All it took him was to be borderline suicidal and getting destroyed along with the planet because he couldn't accept that his mission was a lie.

For that matter, pretty nice that Zim figured out about the truth on his own instead of the being told like so many fanfics.

I thought they were all good. The only person I thought was rough was the tallest with the goofy voice.

i liked it

Attached: 1564167152768.jpg (765x576, 51K)

Think it's fair to say that pace ain't anywhere near as thight as with the original show, but sure, most of the joke concepts not that far from the original. There's some iffies about the technical side and art direction but I generally liked the visuals.

It really does make me feel like they had some sort of a monster designed, then someone said "you can put that kinda stuff on TV" and then they went full ham with the generic oddly cute goofball aspect.

>could have its own Jar Jar

You mean Gir?

Movie sucked ass

Something bothers me, I was big into the Zim fandom in the 2000s and something I remember being common knowledge was Jhonen vehemently stating that Dib's last name was NOT Membrane. Now this movie opens with him saying "my name is Dib Membrane," it's bugging the hell out of me.

Hated him more than Mortos

basically this co hated it because they didn't shove any gay shit into it

Gaz WAS a goth but so was everyone else in the series.

I kind of with they did a definitive ending since I don't think we'll ever get more Zim media, but it was enjoyable anyway.

I suppose you could count the Tallest and Armada being trapped in the Florpus as Dib's ultimate victory since the Irken threat is gone

Cringe and hack-pilled.

personally i ONLY liked it because there wasn't any gay shit

Weakest part of the special but still okay. The way he slaps pudding down on the plates struck me as especially authentic to the original series.

How powerful is Membrane?

Jhonen didn't need signal boosting because he knows he has a dogmatic fandom hungry for any new Zim stuff (Rocko wasn't that popular when compared to The Dumb Babies or Football Head)

>like in so many fanfics
>user admits he reads Invader Zim fanfiction

I thought it was funny and it would have been a worse cop out to have Membrane defeat the irkens once and for all .

Why not just put in the cheat code?

The art style is probably the worst part of it.

Who gives a shit about Gravity Falls?

I know a big chunk of you are femanons. This special called your middle school hot topic phase out of the woods.

IT WAS MEEEEEE

The point was Dib realizing that he doesn't need validation from his dad and the rest of humanity to follow his passions. They were pretty obvious about that.

>He doesn't wanna see the lost Wacky delI episode

That part was great. Zim realzing he's an outcast. Something the empire won't miss. But in Zim fashion, finds a way to make himself relevant again.

I still say Peace isn’t better.

They struck a nice balance on Membrane loving his children and being a mad scientist.

A Rocko 3D platformer in the vein of Battle for Bikini Bottom would've been ludo.

GIR works best with limited screen time.

Funny as without the proper context, you'll never know where it came from.

The tallest aren't really necessary, and there is always the chance that they are just fine.

>Peace Day
>Implying that for how stupid and dirty the humans of Invader Zim are, they actually live in a post-war and post-need society

DEEPEST LORE

what show do you think this is

Attached: skoodge.jpg (500x375, 30K)

It’s kinda hard to explain. It doesn’t really follow a three act structure.

Paper tiger. Really strong offensively, but a bonk to the back of the head by an alien midget or a clone punch to the torso can take him out.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-16-16h27m38s896.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

Zim killed the Tallest before them. If anything they'd just find another to take the spot.

Why are all the MEGAs for this fucked?

Honestly I was surprised the Florpus was even a real thing. I thought it was just going to be a funny word Jonan came up with.

Dib mentions that there's still some kind of conflict happening in the world and hoped that he could turn everyone against the Irkens so they'd stop fighting each other.

Clembrane was incredibly strong though.

No.

Same desu

It was revealed that DIB is a transboy all along.

Update your codecs.

That everyone has their moment is always a good thing and that many shows should know how to use.

He even defeated Gaz. Offscreen, yeah, but still.

Why don't The Tallest just kill Zim?

Zim aged very badly. This shit was pure cringe.

How badly would Yea Forums react?

no your inner child just died user

Ozymandias?

Billy and Mandy did it in like 2005. It’s kind of a trop at this point. A good trop, but a trop. I appreciate it for all the effort it probably took alone, and besides, B&M and Gravity Falls never had the dimension switches happen while an actual scene with real animation was going on, the characters in those other shows just kind of stood still while the dimensions were changing. And the animatic bit was clever as fuck.

Pretty much my feelings. It was fun overall though

95% outrage, 5% fapping.

>Rocko wasn't that popular when compared to The Dumb Babies or Football Head
I think a lot of that is because it only ran for 4 short seasons while the only two were very long-running. It also only ended because Murray had to leave the show for personal reasons, he gave Nick the OK to keep it running and actually encouraged it as he trusted his staff but they decided not to carry on without him. Of course had they not made that call we may not have gotten Spongebob until later, if at all

>the only two
*the other two

They'd most likely end up failing

>calarts bean mouth

Attached: f.o.o.D.E.E.O zim invader calarts bean mouth.jpg (627x765, 116K)

Dipper is just an uncool Dib.

It's so weird seeing Gaz actually care about stuff other than video games and pizza.

Wow a show that Yea Forums finds disappointing? Way to buck convention, guys!

>Every cartoon that does anything post-Gravity Falls is just a copying Gravity Falls.

I don't have a proper brainlet image for this.

It's fine if it isn't for you, I guess. But this was basically what Zim always was.

>they now have two dads

AGENDA!

>muh calarts boogieman

Are you actively trying to bring down the level of discourse are have you just become so wrapped up in manufactured internet drama that you actually care about it.

Attached: moggmad.png (297x324, 151K)

I really enjoyed it. I hope we get more

retard

He’s 10.

I want a new season but I could get behind them making movies like this as well, even if they just draw from comic plot lines.

Eh she always cared about her dad from what I can remember

Yeah it was definitely established that she had a better relationship with Membrane than Dib.

And enjoying Dib's suffering, which is all present. I think she's just a bit more talky than usual.

The shark took one arm so he could learn to make a better one. And then he did it again -- but with lasers. Later, in his advancing years, Professor Membrane discovered the real sharks was the friends he made along the way.

Jhonen says a lot of things.

Attached: arm.png (898x553, 176K)

He's 12.

I actually remember this one tumblrina that drew ZADR mpreg with trans Dib. This shit was before the comics started too so she was just a weirdo who was still waaaay too obsessed with Zim.

the comics are able to capture some of the same vibe as the show better (primarily because they're episodic and have nonsensical plots that are still fairly small in terms of their scope like body-snatching alien pants)

>but even they are lacking in the gothic or horror elements a bit too much.

>maybe get one of the guys behind B.P.R.D or Hellboy or whatever to do some work on this? like some advisory work or something to create a show bible and re-refine artstyle so it's closer in tone to the original show.

He had two options

>1: disobey direct orders and likely suffer a cruel and painful punishment while his tormentors laugh in his face

>2: give his idiot superiors exactly what they asked for and drive them staight into the death hole, where he can reap the satisfaction that at least they will all burn together

I think the trendy modern term for the behavior in option 2 is called “malicious compliance.”

They actually turned Zim into a sausage. Guess this kills any chances of new episodes.

Just saw a bunch of people on tumblr up in arms about ZADR because Dib is 12 and Zim is... old. The moralfags will not let the ship go on now that the special has drawn them to it.

No, it wasn't. You overhyped it because of its delays. It was just a good extended episode. I thought it was actually pretty great.

I kinda thought Dib was just bullshitting about that.

How does pedo morality even apply when it relates to an interspecies relationship

I don't know, but clearly it does.

why would it be okay with moralfags if they were both children

Same way it applies to the dozens of other situations these people apply it to when they shouldn’t: with a lot of mental gymnastics.

if it did, you get an explanation on why Zim is an allegory for IQ tests then get nothing but 20 seconds of goofball and "haha i'm depressed"

It wouldn’t. Moralfaggotry has nothing to do with believing in the actual supposed morals being championed, and everything to do with holding an opinion and having to rationalize it as the only correct moral standpoint.

Anyone got a good working mega that isn't complete fucking shit?

Link one that works then. The sound doesn't work

Go watch it on netflix you fucking asshole

no thanks jew

You nailed my sentiments, especially with the shot of the armada. What a stunning climax. I thought the animation budget spikes looked superb. Some comedic moments are too modernized, which makes them ever so slightly different. And if you dont like the humor in general - annoying. But in general it was zim modernized and more zimmy than ever.
, often for the better, a few times for the worse, and other times just on par.

This fucking ship has been around forever and I honestly doubt that the moralfags will kill it.
If nothing else we'll just get a bunch of art with the obligatory "ALL CHARACTERS ARE OVER 18" disclaimer, regardless of how they're drawn.

Attached: penis inspection day.jpg (848x1200, 214K)

Seriously, that's the problem they have with this? Not the fact that Zim has, on multiple occasions no less, brutalized, destroyed, and outright mutilated people as a matter of course?

How about the fact that Dib would vivisect Zim if he got the chance if only to prove the little green bastard was an actual alien?

Did they forget the episode where Zim brought Dib to the brink of death with stuffed piggies? Or the episode where he stole human organs to implant into himself for power while their previous owners lived half lives of uncontrollable agony?

But no, it's the fact that Zim might be the human year age of 30 while still being the immature tween stage of his species that breaks the camel's back for this irrational trainwreck of a pairing.

Attached: 89e.jpg (720x708, 66K)

Update your fucking codecs you dumb nigger.

Is-is there more of this

>expecting logic from the tumblr moral police

Everything is black and white and there are no exceptions. If you disagree with them you are wrong.

Because they are just as fucking stupid as he is

Well now he's in straight denial.

>caring about fanfics
>caring about people who read fanfics

Its not the codecs. The Mega's either are incomplete or don't work!

Link me to the one you think works.

Less stupid and more they just can't be bothered.

Their field of fucks where Zim is concerned has been barren so long there isn't even a unit of time to accurately describe how long it's been.

As long as the little fucker isn't directly bothering them in any way they honestly forget he exists. They deal with him so long as it takes to get him to go away again before forgetting with a bucket of snacks from a world they just conquered and blown up that morning.

Good. Hes overrated

Yeah, it's on Paheal

That's called character development.

You could probably make your own shirt online like that.

I just really like aliens.

The tallest and the Irken armada (US military machine led by the patriarchy) are shown as more bumbling idiots than before. There's a huge gag about how they doom themselves by refusing to do anything but going "straight" (heterosexuality).

Zim has a human scientist suit that he wears in public, when he opens it up to reveal his real feelings and agenda, it is shown to be completely pink inside. (symbol of covering his homosexuality)

Attached: scary invader.jpg (568x782, 122K)

TAK's love of BUTTS cannot be understated.

>The tallest and the Irken armada (US military machine led by the patriarchy) are shown as more bumbling idiots than before.
nigga have you seen the series before getting your brain on /pol/s?

Why is there no good porn of membrane

Attached: P1050201.jpg (1600x1200, 352K)

I'm going to assume that as a no

Give it a week. Tumblr/twitter only fell in love with him last night.

I just tried it in Totem and the sound works. Not sure what the problem you and some other anons have might be.

Attached: 199F62A4-DA5A-4392-B555-683EB17F2E09.png (500x370, 68K)

Just finished this.

The Almighty Tallests are a fucking obvious metaphor for trump with how utterly incompetent and genocidal they are. And I noticed that the main character is a Mexican which means that his SEWWWW EPIX XDD superhero father is a mexican.

Seems like woke bullshit where every retarded character is white or a metaphor for white people. Utter trash

um hello excuse me am i uhh...am i allowed to like things here? cause i liked it

Attached: 1517891345081.png (350x400, 550K)

Attached: 1288C5EB-DB55-4BD3-B886-1097111A91E3.png (500x370, 69K)

for some reason the "dog" part made me lose my shit.
Probably just the way Dib said "Because it's PUDDING."

Attached: 11BFC304-0EF3-4452-9952-16BA41186F84.png (500x370, 64K)

I know you guys want to create whatever shitty excuse to hate something but DAMN
That's hitting a new low

Attached: 1565967530799.png (695x708, 668K)

In a way Zim has always been in denial about himself and his banishment to Earth. I always figured that with the Tallest gone, it would be cool if Zim learned they he genuinely loves being an Invader without seeing it as a job in which he needs to follow orders. Following his passion in a way.

I dunno, just a little disappointed that Zim getting depressed about the truth went nowhere. Though pretty nice he bounced back and improvised a plan using Membrane's bracelets.

The plot shoulda been of the series finale script online

>Trump fan sees a generic evil leader in a cartoon that is the same as they were since 20 years ago
>"IS THIS TRUMP???"
Don't you have a recession to prepare for or a Greenland to buy or a white supremacist terrorist act to do nothing about or something?

Femanon FoTM incoming

Attached: 9194918B-6C2E-4394-9D10-B864F9A07B29.gif (500x281, 1.33M)

You guys know that was a joke right? Am I on tumblr or are Yea Forums browsers really thin skinned?

>i was pretending to be retarded

>"dude I was just joking lmao."

damage control

The plan took way to long to kick off but it was pretty good. I like how comic Gaz has a heart but the contrast is ruined when she's no where near as belligerent.
Should have been killed by blasting him to pieces with the ship once they fixed it.

I don't remember side characters being so stupid

>that shot where the tallest penetrate the unwilling "planet" with their giant "carrier"
Subtle, Jhonen, subtle.

Attached: Tak questionable explicity.png (1487x1925, 721K)

>these are the people who accuse others of having trump derangement syndrome

Welcome to modern comedy, bub.

Attached: rick flask.png (350x270, 106K)

Now that i think about it, wouldn't Zim go back to his sad phase since the tallest would be really far away from Earth again?

ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
take it back to whatever rock you crawled out from.

The fire's burning out, more fuel!

Attached: zims bad day.jpg (260x387, 28K)

he should've melted when dib kicked the pudding onto him

oh yeah it's KC green's contribution, that was actually pretty good

budget and time probably would have made it come out underwhelming if they tried it

>Do you invoke my wrath?!
youtube.com/watch?v=zmkr8VAqm2Y

I just wanted closure man

>That kid's throwing punch!

If Zim was logical he wouldnt have been sent to earth in the first place

Alright you got me there, but the stupidity of the side characters was something done once in a blue moon for the sake of comedy, here it felt forced in everytime

>not a single scene of the teacher or the skool

He had the perfect amount, I feel.
His moments were great and because there wasn't an oversaturation of it.

teachers voice actor died

Ms. Bitters is ded, user.

oh fuck
didn't know that

Can we get a Megas XLR movie now

Every human character on ZIM besides Dib Gaz and Membrane have always been drooling morons

Even if she were still alive, I don't think she would be up to do it.

She would've been 103 as of right now.

*1st two episodes of season 5

holy shit, what a surprise. most old women in cartoons are just played by young women

Does anyone have the screencap of that thread where everyone thinks dib is hitler

Yes they are. Any one with half a braincell could see that the original post was facetious

I haven't watched even the trailer of it
what the FUCK is a Florpus?

I'm honestly surprised that wasn't the character he voiced

He was going to voice the character, but due to schedule conflicts with Rick & Morty he only voiced Foodio. Thankfully.

Attached: 1565944091891.jpg (2048x1288, 169K)

You forgot Ms. Bitters

Damn, we really dodged a bullet there