What do you think of Mark Waid's writing? Is his Champions book good?

What do you think of Mark Waid's writing? Is his Champions book good?

Attached: Champions (2016) - Champions (2016) Issue #2 - 21.jpg (1988x3156, 1.76M)

Isnt he being sued for trying to keel poeple out of the comics industry for political reasons

Mark Waid used to be very good. Then he got addicted to twitter and now he's very bad. His Champions run was dogshit.

Do you consider siccing fans on stores that won't carry your book "political reasons?"

Champions is shit

History of the Marvel universe, no Road Home and Dr Strange is great

user...he doesn’t have twitter

Did he delete it? Dude had a massive hateboner for DC. I heard it was mainly because of editorial but it got so bad that when he was talking about how much he enjoyed Superman, people were actually wondering if he was being sarcastic and he had to clarify that he wasn't.

Attached: 1399418428713.jpg (1275x1637, 387K)

He's one of those people who announces leaving Twitter and has done it several times and always came back eventually. His work has improved since the last time he left, so he should stay off it, but will he?

His work improves the moment he isn’t trying to be hip and woke to be “in it” with the youth. If he tries he becomes a non-ironic Kelly

It reeked of "How do you do, fellow kids?"

>Dude had a massive hateboner for DC
BASED.

His recent comics are back to form. Seems like he toned it down a but and went back to his strength of continuity nerd

Champions is honestly his weakest book, his Dr Strange is much better

Fuck no. I mightn't like Zack but christ alive if there's one thing he was right on, it's that Waid's Champions run was shite.

Zub's so-so IMO but it's a definite improvement.

I think Waid has always been terrible and I don't understand how an autistic retard that throws tantrums at work is still employable.

Has he talked about heroes in crisis yet? Because I want to see him rant about what they did to wally

Champions and Impulse are the only bad books he wrote.

he's not the worse but he isn't a writer worth reading either

Attached: 1503592253623.jpg (560x407, 76K)

this

I can't remember much I've read of his outside 52 with fucks, Morrison and Johns.

I liked that a lot though.

Attached: snapshot(8).jpg (800x1280, 248K)

he’s writing the best Doctor Strange or the century and his Daredevil was great

Funny because he wrote the best DD run outside of Miller

I don't get how they can still gush about him like he's the messiah after the Black Wreath, but there you go. And the "Strong protect the weak" shite's obnoxious coming from him, too.

Meh, I judge authors by their individual work not their history, so I couldn’t care less what he wrote previously as long as I’m enjoying whatever I’m reading now

Did you autocorrect Rucka to fucks or is that just what you call him?

Dr Strange has been good. I'm glad he put down twitter and focused on writing good stories again.
Hopefully it gets a continuation soon or we finally get him on a Pym book

Auto correct. I should have reread my post before posting.

I have no issue with rucka.

>What do you think of Mark Waid's writing?
No.
>Is his Champions book good?
No.

Somebody post the autistic telephone slamming story.

why does he hate dc?

gotchu senpai

Attached: waid being a psycho.jpg (289x589, 94K)

Editorial clashes, like everyone else that hates DC

>gaming together
>both smart-tech related
>both really far from the 'human' basic form
This was probably the only Champion ship i could tolerate, to bas it didn't last more than 2 pages .

The only good part in 'Champions' is the side story where Nova go get his old helmet with his insane nemesis.

He's good when he's playing to his strengths. His Champions was absolute garbage, and did not play to his strengths.

>now he's very bad
His Doctor Strange and History of the Marvel Universe are two of the best Big 2 comics coming out right now.

Objectively wrong.

No u

Although for my money Dial H the best big 2

He’s really really bad at writing teenagers. Also he mutilated Kamala and Cho’s characterizations.

Isn’t this story from the mid-80s?

This, his “NOT MUH” LOSH isn’t good either

Mark Waid should never be allowed to write teens ever again, but his Dr. Strange is pretty good and his Daredevil started off great but fizzled out towards the end.

He should've just left well enough alone, ya fag zack's terrible writing would've tanked his book before long.

>hulked.com

You are objectively a retard.

The story overall was pretty bad, but some of smaller moments of team just casually hanging out were fun.

Attached: RCO005__01.jpg (629x823, 279K)

It's made flyclops canon

Attached: IMG_20190616_122641.jpg (518x519, 107K)

What issue did they deal with aracly in? Shes the mexican tlelpath from scarlet spider I heard they dealt with her arc in an issue but I couldn't find it, I liked zubs run but that's about it.

Attached: 1552829317165.jpg (1280x1968, 536K)

>Teen Cyclops comes from a time where Jubilee’s mallrat schtick was already laughably dated

>I'm a child soldier so I didn't have much time for TV

Attached: Viv.exe Has stopped working.jpg (186x456, 124K)

Kid cyclops was unironically the greatest cykes after AvX until Hickman, so I can't hate his champions run although it admittedly isn't good

>yfw download and watch all 180 episodes seinfeld at once

Then why are his books still selling well?

I miss him

Attached: 1549134069720.jpg (891x1953, 449K)

>Then why are his books still selling well?
Because no one is actually reading them, just using them as a prop to "stick it to the SJWs."

You're a complete retard.
These. Add "Ant-Man & The Wasp" to that list.

Attached: antman-wasp_4.jpg (922x1400, 245K)

Cyclops was unironically good, but he really does not qualify as a normal teenager

>>The only good part in 'Champions' is the side story where Nova go get his old helmet with his insane nemesis.
That was written by Zub, though. Also you didn't like Weirdworld?

Attached: 2dmk14.jpg (540x264, 28K)

>Based Cyke ditching his fellow muties for a cutie brown girl he saw trending on twitter

Attached: 1559800332374.png (258x349, 136K)

Attached: 1559825807487.png (255x349, 106K)

I was wondering why this happened.

Attached: Jean Gay.png (1220x1712, 646K)

Attached: X-Men-Blue-2017-7-2__01.jpg (556x601, 134K)

Me too

Attached: Scott and Kamala.jpg (1988x2097, 1.3M)

Fuck, now there's one time where I want to see him go ballistic on something.

In all honesty, as someone who's a fan of his, I don't think Mark Waid was ever a teenager, he probably just skipped from his early teens to his mid-30s as a big two writer.

the first chance he got to ditch those muties he went into space and got space pirate puss

Attached: Cyclops (2014) #8 Page 17.jpg (1988x3056, 1.89M)

He writes teens like a boomer who doesn't understand the current generation, but still wants to portray them in a positive light.

I mean, what exactly do you think he is?

I know, but usually teens are often written as adults when the writer doesn't have a full grasp of their younger selves, not like forced memesters.

Man, we actually need to genocide telepaths. Hold up, actually kill every version of Jean Gray, fuck her

I'm sorry to inform you that she learned to reconstruct her body from being atomized. In fact, she may currently be a psychic projection of her own soul. She can't die anymore.

I thought there was some kind of agreement where nobody ever talked about that abomination?

What? The mini was great, first time I see anyone implying it wasn't.

>Based Cyke ditching his fellow muties for a cutie brown girl he saw trending on twitter
>This girl is also inhuman
>He did all of this right before the big race war battle started
Cyclops living on the edge at all times.

>Man, we actually need to genocide telepaths. Hold up, actually kill every version of Jean Gray, fuck her

user...

>She can't die anymore.

Can any of the X-men?

>Can any of the X-men?
Like 1 in 3 X-men are dead at any given moment.

Thanks to Xavier, not a single mutant is dead now. He even brought back walking disasters like Proteus, Vulcan and Kuan-Yi Xorn.

>Thanks to Xavier, not a single mutant is dead now
What about that guy he wiped from existence because a time traveler told him he was an omega level that couldn't control his powers because they activated when his wife was violently murdered in front of him? You know, that guy where immediately after ensuring his parents would never meet (instead of, I don't know, ensuring his wife didn't fucking die), Xavier wiped his own mind because future knowledge is incredibly dangerous and shouldn't be abused?

Also, how did Xavier bring back all the mutants?

>Thanks to Xavier, not a single mutant is dead now. He even brought back walking disasters like Proteus, Vulcan and Kuan-Yi Xorn.
>Like Vulcan
Goes Xavier want the world to go to shit or something?

Attached: I say NO to you good sir.png (1054x1285, 2.88M)

>Also, how did Xavier bring back all the mutants?
Not shown yet

They are probably being sedated or something. Xavier wouldn't risk bringing Vulcan back without certainty that he wouldn't mess shit up. It's not like anyone has another T-Bomb lying around so Prof X better keep a good eye on him and those other weird mutants

Had been great (The Flash, Kingdom Come). Sadly, he's burned out. His ANAD Avengers and Champions were mediocore at best. His current run of Doctor stranger started bad, but it's getting better.

Good because last thing we need is another War of Kings or something like that happening.

He was THE major creative force behind DC in the late 90's to early 2000's, then Dan Didio stepped in and began openly shitting on his Flash, Legion and Superman work from that era.Waid made it a point to create new stories and villains, whereas Didio's editorial mandate was playing entirely to silver age nostalgia. So Mark had to watch everything he had added to the DC legacy be dismantled and when he asked why he was told to his face it was awful.
Eventually he got fed up and left to head Boom! studios, but that didn't pan out and he went back to Marvel as a writer. Unfortunately he's an ultra-PC hack these days and nothing he writes comes close to his earlier work for DC or Marvel.

Are they freaked out because it's dated, Seinfeld the show is awful, or because Jerry Seinfeld is a designated enemy of the proletariat in the current year?

Probably because it's old, they had a similar reaction with Richard Rider told them he was in the New Warriors.
>"Yeah, they are... A team"

It's kinda funny in a paradoxical way that in the streaming age shows being considered 'old' is itself a dated concept. Since there's no syndicated timeslot hell on netflix or hulu, shows can remain popular beyond their own generation. Look at the figures that showed old Full House was one of Netflix's most popular shows with younger demographics.

wtf is bait from 2016 doing here
Is this board that fucking starved for shitposts

>History of the Marvel universe
Man, what a sleeper that was. I never heard of it before some user posted it and it was fantastic, so well done.

I wish Scott was around for the weirdworld arc

Attached: 1553189267586.jpg (3100x1567, 1.25M)

What kind of character do you imagine he would've been? We got:
>The Mage (Kamala)
>The Paladin (Riri)
>The Golem (Viv)
>The Rogue (Miles)
>The Knight (Sam)
>The Druid (Amka)
>The Fairy (Nadia)

Whoops forgot about Amadeus
>The Ogre

Only the first two issues of his dr strange is bad imo

>an ultra-PC hack these days
What’s PC about his Dr Strange and HOTMU?

Maybe a fighter or a sorcerer

Attached: 143c856f90c0a4cc8407cc34c8bc8993.jpg (1200x1600, 331K)

Dude probably complained about Mystique and Destiny kissing in History of...

The fuck’s your problem with comfy microverse adventures

For some reason recently every writer of Doctor Strange starts with depowering. Jason Aaron - Empirikul saga (that borders on parody of his earlier Gorr the Godslayer saga). Cates - Strange loses title to Loki. Waid - Strange loses magical sight ant moves to space.

Another weirdworld book when?

At least the latest loss is used to let him explore alien magic more instead of resorting to boring ass weapons or quitting altogether. Another plus is that it was resolved quickly

Monk

Attached: 1556785281576.jpg (1890x1195, 891K)

The one on the right was the last time they were together while Cyke was still young ;_;

Squeeze them cheeks kamala

Attached: Haram thoughts, one of many.png (592x644, 128K)

History of the Marvel Universe was a very pretty book and that type of shit is hard for him to fuck up with wokeness

>This feels way better than hugging your body pillow

Attached: 1558284191504.png (470x264, 108K)

Mark Waid WAS good once upon a time, but he has phoned it in for 20 years now. Unless he was a complete fucking idiot, he should have enough money to just fuck off somewhere and stop creating trash. I used to like him but now detest him with a passion for the shit he's written in recent years.

Anyone's been reading Waid's Ignited?

Attached: Ignited #1.jpg (1800x2767, 2.96M)

huh, never realized those connected

Attached: 1532970568349.png (800x800, 513K)

It's... It's shit. Pure, unadulterated shit. Waid should stick to what he's good at, and Osajyefo has no business writing comics seeing as his main cash cow's awful on an entirely new level.