Are any 80s cartoons worth going back to watch? I have a collection and it's mostly 90s/00s/10s...

Are any 80s cartoons worth going back to watch? I have a collection and it's mostly 90s/00s/10s. I have animated movies from multiple decades. What are the best 80s cartoons?

Attached: 1559008576219.png (800x450, 760K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20080704224912/http://madoc.wwoec.com/page6.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

inspector gadget is fine, i think

>Bottom right corner
OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK

Attached: AHHHHHHHHH.jpg (342x342, 9K)

Nostalgia is really the only excuse to go back to most of them because they really don't hold up but a few are fine.
The first couple of seasons of TMNT, the pre- Janine episodes of The Real Ghostbusters and the G1 Transformers movie (And JUST the movie) are all good.
I am sure there are a few standouts that I am missing but the decade was mostly a slog full of effortless toy commercials.
The 80's were a great decade for anime at least if you are into that.

*Pre-Janine redesign episodes
I shouldn't post under the influence of sleeping pills.

Sorry for your ban OP

The Zelda cartoon is fun
inb4 dobson plz go

Voltron and Astroboy. Just try and not shed manly tears over "Astro's first love"

>pony

Attached: the triumvirate is rustled.gif (588x325, 340K)

>no care bears in that pic

Fuck that shit. Delet this thred

Nope

>What are the best 80s cartoons?
No such thing.

This, they're just great in general.

Dungeons & Dragons is kind of unanimous. BraveStarr gets a lot of praise when it gets brought up.

That's what I was going to say

Shame OP

Mysterious Cities of Gold holds up really well too, but I doubt anyone outside of France remembers it.

Madoc really does it a lot

Those are anime.
The uncut versions are really good though.
If we are recommending anime then Cobra is peaks 80's action goodness.

Madoc?

Former WWOEC artist. Now drawing on Patreon and pixiv

Uh... I'm pretty sure I don't want to see erotica of TMCOG characters.

Attached: the_team-1984.jpg (750x600, 81K)

Visionaries: Knights of the Mystical Light was pretty good, although the villains are far more interesting than the heroes.

REEEEEEAAAAALLLYYYYU??????

Well, I don't know, that Mendoza...

Bashki's fire and ice.

The Last Unicorn....There are many good 80s cartoons.

Attached: 149502697427069984[1].gif (375x216, 913K)

Madoc's work can get into your head once you see them

I assumed OP was talking about series.
As far as animated films go it had stuff like the ones you mentioned, Heavy Metal and a few other decent picks.

In a good or bad way?

3/4th of those are anime or made by Japanese animators, so yeah. Way better than steven universal or whatever faggot garbage Yea Forums likes

Attached: guardian of :co: rules.jpg (500x375, 57K)

web.archive.org/web/20080704224912/http://madoc.wwoec.com/page6.html
In terms of settings where incest is a-ok, Madoc trumps Jabcomix

>pony
OHNONONONONONONONONONO

Attached: and_the_fuck_i_just_read.gif (300x200, 1.57M)

WE'RE ALL DOOOOOOOOMED!

Attached: el gato grande.jpg (550x604, 63K)

>web.archive.org/web/20080704224912/http://madoc.wwoec.com/page6.html
Outdated! Go luck his newer stuff either on SadPanda (its back), rule34, DA and Pixiv, oh and Baraag

Sexy applejack.

are you for real?

>That.... thing in the lower right corner

IT BEGINS

oh shut up and lets talk about madoc!

That's no way to talk about her, you heathen. Her kill count is probably in the top five in that pic.

Oh yeah......

Attached: Mar01.jpg (2009x3333, 750K)

>Bottom right
The old show was cool.

It's underrated. Even the second, more modern series, can be fun in a wtf way.

Only for that pilot with the fucking centaur Satan. In a non-girl toy cartoon, he could've been a really fucking epic big bad. I could see him working in D&D or Thundercats

Tales was a fucking blast

Who is the blonde lady in red?

Adora. The girl that turns into She-Ra

It's been 18 fucking hours and the OP image is still here. Have they given up or something?

Thundarr is cool. The setting is very interesting, since it’s post apocalyptic. Magic and mutants and technology.

It would probably be a fun D&D style campaign to do.

Attached: ADDD8514-384B-4AAA-8161-6F84518EBEA1.jpg (1103x695, 196K)

watch the original She-Ra, it has good writing compared to its brother show. then watch the reboot for a more character driven plot.

Attached: 1555105797394.png (636x358, 234K)

Oh yeah I forgot about that one. It was pretty good. It was kind of like a less shitty He-man.

Jem and Real Ghostbusters (Extreme Ghostbusters was better though) hold up surprisingly well if you go in knowing these are a product of their times and having been disappointed by revisiting other 80s cartoons.

Garfield & Friends was also surprisingly prescient of Animaniacs-style humor at times, take that as a good or bad thing.

Gargamel was truly The Smurf's greatest ally.

Real Ghostbusters was great until the executives neutered the whole thing after a season or so. The only bad part is that the animation has a tendency to go from good to comedically fucky from scene to scene.