So do we know who he was? Or at least narrowed down the possible candidates to just a few?

So do we know who he was? Or at least narrowed down the possible candidates to just a few?

Attached: x.jpg (210x240, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU
youtube.com/watch?v=bm-uwL7t8uE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Red X is Red X.
It's not complicated. If he ever took off the mask he'd just be some guy

any of the other robins

Attached: press_x_to_jason.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Acceptable

Typical centrist shit opinion

Tpbp

If TT Robin was Dick, then there were no other Robins. Jason would be a little kid and Tim would be a toddler.

it doesn't have to be 1-for-1, Teen Titans is its own story
the most probable answer is Red X is based loosely off Red Hood, Jason being the Robin right after Dick and when the show poked fun at his identity it specifically leaned that way
>I still think you're Jason Todd!

but it doesn't matter it's mostly an OC

Attached: 6a.jpg (326x255, 19K)

After all these years I still believe he was a clone that broke out.

Attached: red-x-vault.jpg (1920x1080, 361K)

Slade and Red X were both Batman in disguise to test the Titans' skill.

I got an idea about how Red X is Jason. Don't you know how Jason was petty homeless thief who tried to steal the wheels of the batmobile. In this universe, Jason is still a thief but was better and stole the Red X suit. This leads to him getting caught by Batman stealing tech from Wayne Industries. Batman finds out he is just a kid and its the same shit as the normal DC universe from there. Also when Batman takes in Jason to become Robin, it cause more tension because Dick just got replaced by fucking Red X. It goes without saying that Jason is closer to Dick's age in this rather than Tim's .

I unironically thought I was top shit because I had a theory that Slade was Batman when I was kid. I was such a dumbass

the show was pretty vague about its ties to overall DC canon, so really anything is possible

>Batman allowed himself to be killed and resurrected by Trigon, AND molested Raven and Terra to test the Titans
I don't believe it

Jason Todd or Slade's son

Very interesting, the only problem is that Red X seems to be on the same level as Robin before getting trained by Batman. Unless he got taken in by Batman a little bit after getting the costume, and Red X's appearances on the show was just him fucking around with Robin.

Me, I self-inserted myself.

nobody knows because not even the writers know

One of Slade's kids. Probably Rose

Attached: RavagerTitansGo!.jpg (494x619, 43K)

Red X surely has the voice.

Nope. And it doesn't matter.

The suit having literally come to life because of its power source.

its obviously Rose Wilson

This, Red X's identity literally doesn't matter and if it does to you you're probably one of those people that thinks Things Change is a cliffhanger because it went over your head

He'd have to be someone that new Robin even had the suit right, either that or just some theif who was able to break into TTower.

>implying you wouldn't

Why didn't Robin just shoot Red X with a gun.

I always thought it was this, it just seemed like the most straightforward answer.

>probably rose
She's already in the series (the comics at least) as a separate character, your fucking pic related is literally 2003 ravager.

I always assumed the suit somehow became sentient

You're not alone, user. Many of us did.

Doesn't have one.

His identity was never revealed,
I think the show was cancelled before they got around to it.

Attached: giphy.gif (366x274, 2.09M)

>Slade is Batman in disguise

The thing I find funny is that I believed this even though I owned a Batman comic where he fought Deathstroke.

>So do we know who he was?
Red X was MENTIONED to exist in the mainline DC universe before Final Crisis and word was that he was a new identity for Talon, the Dick Grayson from Earth-3 who had emigrated to our world and was never seen again after 52.

But then the rotating creative teams on the Teen Titans rolling dumpster fire meant that Red X never actually appeared. He only got mentioned.

SONAVUBITCH

bb knows who jason todd is, which implies....something...

Why? He rapes Robin in the canon to test him.

Jason Todd obviously exists in the TT universe since BB mentions him
but why would he know who Jason Todd is ?
Let's assume Jason Todd was Robin either before or after Dick Grayson, why would BB know his secret identity ?

probably that that 4th dimensional imp told him

youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU

seriously though, most heroes have really fucking irrelevant secret identities. Batman is literally the only reveal that would actually matter beyond the "go after their family" thing. Clark is just a small time reporter. Wonder Woman comes from some fucking jungle tribe, MM is a fucking alien, the GL is just a fucking a guy.
I don't know people are so obsessed with knowing Red X's identify when, following trends here, he's just a nobody who likes to steal shit.

Green Arrow is also rich

>beyond the "go after their family" thing
that is literally, LITERALLY the complete and entire point of a secret identity. There is no "beyond." That's it. That's where the concept begins and ends. Lex doesn't care about Wally's identity, and that makes for a funny joke because it was a funny episode, but Grodd or any of the Rogues sure as fuck would.

Gonna be honest I forgot he existed and will again
Yeah, I'm not criticizing the concept, I'm wondering why 15 years later, the audience still cares about who Red X is.
The non-cartoon character who made this thread, gains nothing from wondering or even finding out who Red X actually is

I always thought that if he took off his mask\costume he would just be a giant red X. Kind of like the giant ERROR prop that shows up when you have a missing\corrupted file in g-mod.

Attached: gmod error animated.gif (640x360, 2.82M)

Didn't Red X flirt with Starfire a lot?

it was another robin sent by batman to teach this robing something something leader.

Attached: 1565775565888.jpg (1196x1181, 122K)

Normally I'd say he's Jason Todd, but then the mystery would go poof. Thus Red X is just Red X.

He's Jason.

the unstable nature of the suits power source caused it to come alive and run a consciousness based on a copy of robins brainwaves from when he was wearing the suit

I thought most of Red X's impressive shows of skill were because of suit. Maybe Ma Gunn or some other villain trained him but he was less skilled then Robin. Without all the cool things the suit does, he gets memed by Robin

Red x wasn’t based off red hood. Red X appeared before 2005 which is when Jason Todd red good first appeared in comics

I always figured he was an OC that was made for the show, like Harley was at the start.
Not everything has to originate from the comics

There are two other reasons.
One, they could be attacked when they let their guard down, like when they're asleep.
And the other, is because of the police. In the end most superheroes are vigilantes which technically is illegal. Since no one can figure out their identities and are too strong to subdue, they just let them do their thing, but if their identities were known, they would have to arrest them

Eobard Thawne?

This guy

Attached: 1542777413946.png (719x537, 448K)

He was us, always.

No.

Why is the evil twin black

Or ... a red X? Back in the 90's when images didn't load or had broken URLs they turned into a red X icon.

Too bad he didn't show up in the comics.

How would you implement Red X into DC canon?
who would he be?

Attached: redX.jpg (700x707, 75K)

This.
irc the suit could read the users brain pattern or something, so it copied Robins´s brain or something like that. Also it escaped the armory from the inside out.

It's me Austin.

Give it to Tim, so you kill two birds with one stone.
He could have get it when he infiltrated the league of assassins in his Red Robin comic, it would have made sense since he was just replaced by Damian and was in a dark place in that moment.

Slade cloned Robin. A man's worst enemy is himself.

I think most people forgot about that part

Why? I think it works better as a new character or somebody who didn’t have an identity beforehand.

Like good guy Alfred.

He's like Nihilus. What's underneath the mask is irrelevant to what he is with the mask.

Attached: KOTOR2Nihilus.jpg (1770x2690, 488K)

So you are telling me that nobody care who he was until he puts on the mask?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Edgy.

Attached: lol.jpg (500x647, 39K)

W live in a society.

Attached: RiseUp.jpg (1200x675, 96K)

I think you might be daltonic

Attached: He didn't fly so good.webm (960x720, 2.41M)

>CRAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIINNNN

>THEEEESE WOOOUNDS WILL NOT HEAAAAL

Attached: so_edgy.png (235x227, 11K)

>Jason becomes Red Hood
>Tim becomes Red Robin
I'd give it to Damian or Cass, to complete the Red trio.

They un ask him and it will be like Pic related

Attached: images - 2019-08-16T150722.123.jpg (358x857, 32K)

I was so relieved as a kid when Red X sprouted his own legs and became an independent character. I was sad to see him disappear when it was revealed to be Robin initially. I didn't care who he was. Probably just some skilled thief who wanted more power. Didn't have to be an established character.

Dude, what are you even talking about?
youtube.com/watch?v=bm-uwL7t8uE

Why he need to be someone? Just let him be Red X forever, just make others think he is XYZ but never reveal if in fact he is XYZ

I’d give it to Harvey Bullock

I always said this shit, the hint they drop saying the stuff was dangerous nailed the coffin for me. Also explains his motivation for waiting more, he needs it to stay alive

yeah about that

Attached: Captura.png (836x153, 16K)

Oh yeah? Well it's from the fucking comics

Attached: Salde.png (958x1458, 2.73M)

It was clearly Jason Todd you fucking idiots

Who else would be identical with Robin in hand to hand combat and have a motive to steal the suit outside of Batman? (It wasn’t Batman)

his mask is way cool

Raven puts it the best way.

"Red x could literally be anybody." He's just some guy that lucked and taking it for a joyride.

Who Red X is isnt important

>Who Red X is isnt important

obviously its important if people are still wondering who the fuck he is after all these years

No, they're just curious. That doesn't make it meaningful to the plot in any way.

Liked him, and his costume, and it’s abilities. Would love to see a Red X/Static Shock show.

Literally anyone

Wasn’t he robin from teen titans?

I don't think that's something they really came up with. They just thought Red X was cool and wanted him to be a character. It's sort of a false mystery, like what was in Robin's briefcase in that racing episode. They just thought it would be cool.
I heard there's some interview or something where a director or creator of the show said the power source made it come to life but I've never seen that cited.

>Arkham Knight didn't get a real boss fight

Attached: Sad Smoke.png (397x354, 250K)

Would you rather find out Red X's identity or who triggered Slade's mask?

Attached: HauntedEpisodeImage.png (640x480, 172K)

Explains why Batman never stepped in when his Foster son was at Slade's mercy being a slave essentially.

A season 5

I'd use him for the current Teen Titans run. Damian would be Red X at first, doing basically the same thing as in the show like Dick did. Using the persona to infiltrate some criminals. The suit would then become sentient after team discovers what Robin's up to and shuts it down, like a bunch of the theories have been anyways. Damian used some tech based on Kid Amazo (work he started on after his and Jon's encounter with him in Super Sons) to give himself simulated enhanced strength and a power responsive defense system all powered by whatever that substance was from the cartoon. So it takes on a life of it's own and becomes a regular TT villain. There'd be a good build up of the whole "who's in the suit?!" mystery and when they finally get to unmask Red X, there's no person, just a developing robotic skeleton with like half a robot skull behind the mask. Damian feels responsible for it and continually tries to subdue it and turn it good.

>Shooting a man after throwing him out of a plane

What would Bane think?