Billy West

Why don't we ever see him in anything these days? He was huge in the 90s but just seem to have dropped off.

Attached: Phillip J Fry.jpg (819x1080, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7zUMFTVuEjk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The fans will never forgive him for betraying John K. The chickens have come home to roost, hopefully he's saved enough money because he's got no place in the industry anymore.

He's old and he's been working for a long, long time. He's probably made enough money by now that he doesn't have to take every project anymore, he can just do what appeals to him.

Isn't he expensive to hire or something? At least he was when the Futurama revival seasons were a thing.

the Howard Stern ep with john k. was uncomfortable.

why? was john talking about his failed attempts to groom his young animators into being brides for him? Showing up at their doorsteps with flowers and demanding for them to lose their boyfriends and move in with him?

I watch/listen to so much Billy/Jackie/puppet Stern shit, some of the funniest media out there, strange brilliant man

Stern had John K come in to West's interview as a 'surprise guest'.

The whole interview from there was basically John venting his thinly-veiled and not-so-thinly veiled contempt for West over 'abandoning him'.

I recall him launching his own podcast a while ago.

He's still in a few shows. Wacky Races reboot, Disenchantment (alongside half the other Futurama voices), and most recently, Scooby Doo and Guess Who.

the boy is 67 and isn't a zombie simpsons whipping boy. he's still working, and otherwise has earned the right to slow down as much as he feels like.

Actually though, most of the big VAs from the 90s-00s are either too old or too rich to work.

He’s currently on Scooby-Doo and Guess Who and was in Enchantment last year. He’s still working, just not in really starring roles.

Ditching John K was probably the best career move he ever made.

Go to bed, John.

>Pick up phone on the ground
>See this guy calling
>Check history
>200 missed calls from John K
>Listen to voice mails
>200 voice mails of John K cursing up a storm
>Another 1000 similar text messages
>Go to police station
>Let them know I found Billy West's phone

Isn't he still the Red M&M?

based OC

This fucking scab stabbed John K in the back and helped end traditional animation. Now the medium is all Cal-Arts and CGI. Fuck him.

Allright, I'll bite. The flying fuck are you going on about?

Yes. As someone who frequents the cinema,he is in fact still the red M&M.

The last thing he was in was Disenchantment

People got super butthurt over his falling out with John K, even though it was literally in his best interests to do so. The Howard Stern interview didn’t exactly help either. Regardless he seems to be doing pretty well for himself, so he can either take it easy, be picky and have a decent price for whatever projects he wants to work on, or both. Plus he is a few years away from being 70.

There are people who are mad at BILLY because of the John K shit?

Not really nowadays, especially with how John K has been after R&S, but back then there was much seething to be found. He used to be seen in a much more positive light, before Cans Without Labels and all the stalker/borderline pedo shit coming to light, to name a few things.

Yep. Cause not throwing a stable job away cause some jackass can't follow a deadline is a BAD thing.

>Why don't we ever see him in anything these days?
He's in his late 60's he's probably half retired. I know VA's can keep kicking into their 90's (RIP June Foray and Alan Young in particular) but I think Billy just kicks back and does his weird as shit podcast from his house.

Speaking of West though, whatever happened to Billy Bastard? Did that ever come out? I think Rob Paulsen's Chinese accent would get him cancelled if this surfaced these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=7zUMFTVuEjk
>13 years ago
Also
>they made a fucking cartoon of the webcomic Goblins
>Jim Cummings, Tara Strong, Matthew Mercer, Phil Lamar, Steve Blum, Jennifer Hale, Billy, Maurice
WHAT THE FUCK?

No one important.

Anyone who is actually mad at it somehow drops in their import to society.