Superman Thread!

> What is your Superman related wishlist, in the comics, animation or on film/tv?

> Thoughts on Bendis's run so far? Anything you like about it at all? (besides the glorious Reis art of course)

> Besides Morrison did you like any of the new 52 Superman material?

> Any lesser known/underrated Superman comics you feel are worth mentioning?

> Your team ideas that include at least one member of the Super family?

> Do you want the 1970s Supergirl movie or MOS2?

> Who would you have direct a future Superman movie, in the dceu or not?

> Who would you cast as Superman & related characters if we got a reboot?

Thanks & have a great & safe 2019!

Attached: superman_TAS_both.jpg (1000x1503, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

topcartoons.tv/the-hand-of-fate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why did DC recall the last issue of superman and supergirl?

>> Your team ideas that include at least one member of the Super family?
Justice Incarnate style Multiversal team made up of Superman related characters...

> Jor-El (either from the dceu or dcau)
> Supergirl (bombshells)
> Power Girl (kingdom come)
> Faora (pic related alternate future where she found redemption)
> Steel (pre new 52)
And maybe
> Superboy (new 52)

Attached: 1560844185115.jpg (668x1000, 290K)

STAS did so many great things. In fact the comic series based off the show is considered essential reading.

Attached: Superman DCAU.png (897x1000, 302K)

I want another Superman animated series in the style of Fleischer Superman + Brittany Williams.

Pic related

Attached: 55EF014B-FC64-44A9-8DAA-440122AB1CD3.png (500x720, 154K)

i want that Superman Family cartoon idea that was pitched a while go that WB didn't pick up because they are jerks
also Supergirl should be introduced in a SUPERMAN movie
hell just have it be a brainiac v Superman movie and Kara lives in Kandor and thats the basic plot of the film

>STAS did so many great things.
Favorite Episodes?

I really liked Hand of Fate. Karkull was a fairly unnerving villain.
I liked them bringing in some Batas style mood & imagery into a Superman story alot.

Attached: 1510463277587.jpg (640x480, 66K)

I'm just gonna post this here.

Attached: Supergirl the Infected.jpg (911x1400, 768K)

Attached: 1510463340881.jpg (1104x474, 85K)

Attached: 1510463404038.jpg (1346x395, 81K)

Legacy was also creepy and awesome at the same time. It really hammers home how EVIL Darkseid is.

Attached: Legacy.png (336x250, 129K)

Looks like goddamn Sindel from Mortal Kombat.

Get that trash out of here

>Rebirth suit.
Nani?

Who would y'all have cast as Superman in the 1990s?
(no cain)

Attached: 1501454009569.jpg (2636x1688, 1.25M)

STAS is getting a blu ray release next year isn’t it and JL/JLU the year after that?

I like the Late Mr. Kent. Supes wanting a win for Clark was nice. (Before he got exploded)

Attached: the-late-mr-kent-funeral.jpg (1208x464, 109K)

Attached: 1456797771616.jpg (1366x768, 366K)

Attached: images.jpg (190x266, 8K)

This unironically. Brendan in his prime was 6’3” to 6’2”, and looks just like Supes.

Attached: 68f6690f907e7d69c108544664c80e63.jpg (401x600, 132K)

>What is your Superman related wishlist, in the comics, animation or on film/tv?
Blu-Ray for the STAS. A new movie would be great. Everyone else is being given a second chance (Batman, Joker, even Aquaman). I wish they would put some focus on Superman. If the Joker can get an elseworld, why not do one for Superman? Have it take place in the 30s.
>Thoughts on Bendis's run so far? Anything you like about it at all?
Nothing.
>Besides Morrison did you like any of the new 52 Superman material?
I liked the Pak arc with the Ultrahumanite. Very creepy and cool. And while it wasn’t great, the revealed Idenity arc had some nice moments. And I liked Clark revealing to Jimmy his secret identity (wish he would do it again).
>Any lesser known/underrated Superman comics you feel are worth mentioning?
I liked that War of the World’s story where Supes beats up the Martians.
>Your team ideas that include at least one member of the Super family?
Before the aging, I wanted Jon, Conner, and Kara to team up. Also have a young Jon team up with Batman and Damian team up with Clark for a issue.
>Do you want the 1970s Supergirl movie or MOS2?
MOS2
>Who would you have direct a future Superman movie, in the dceu or not?
Tough question. Part of me thinks to get someone big like the Russo’s. Another part says maybe get an horror director, I thought Sam Raimi and David Sandberg were neat surprises. As for continuity? Whichever.
>Who would you cast as Superman & related characters if we got a reboot?
Brolin if doing an elseworld with old Superman.

I was so spooked by this episode, I never actually saw the ending so I just remember the horror.

Its Justice League but I love Hereafter part 2. Depowered Superman surviving a dead earth and befriending Vandal Savage was great.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

>What is your Superman related wishlist, in the comics, animation or on film/tv?
In comics, bring back the Kent family and their adventures. Perhaps the Superman book is Clark, Lois, and Jon (aged appropriately) while Action Comics focuses more on Superman's solo adventures. Retcon everything Bendis has done and will done. For film, even though I'm the minority, MoS2 with Snyder, Cavill, etc. I want more of that. As for animation, film wise, I'd want love to see a Superman multiverse film or even, since they seem to stick to New 52+ stuff, Supes vs Ulysses. For cartoon, I'd want a Superman version of B:TBAB. For TV, eh, Tyler is alright, but I don't want a show with him.

I need recommendations for comfy Superman stories to ready. No crazy or over the top reality ending threats, just Supes being a hero who stops criminals, rescues people and tries to act as a symbol for people to be better. Stories where Superman is still just Clark Kent from Smallville Kansas deep down who loves his mom's cooking and values his father's morals.

Attached: 4078225-superman-jlu#28-&ma_kent-christmas.jpg (698x455, 163K)

Superman: For All Seasons came to my head almost immediately

You can watch it here if you want to finish it.
topcartoons.tv/the-hand-of-fate/

I'll look it up, thanks.

What are some good one-shot Superman stories?

Attached: mos10.jpg (599x900, 344K)

Attached: mos11.jpg (599x900, 364K)

Now I'm picturing a Christmas-themed episode where all the superheroes are doing a white elephant gift exchange. With each of them trying to use their powers to figure out what the others brought.

Attached: 1509228503805.jpg (428x456, 96K)

Attached: 1510462723018.png (667x602, 131K)

Attached: 1510463047042.jpg (900x1200, 139K)

The covers had a Year of the Villain banner, but are completely unrelated

I wish that DC would make a Superman cartoon that was similar in tone to Grant Morrison's Action Comics run/ All Star Superman.

Lots of heart, high concept stories.

I wish Bruce Timm never existed and that his crappy homebrew OC injections never tainted the comics

>No Batman Beyond
>No JLU.

That's a significant chunk of my childhood user.

>> Any lesser known/underrated Superman comics you feel are worth mentioning?

Not particularly unknown, but I feel a lot of people don't give the Digital First Adventures of Superman a chance.

I honestly think that circa 2011 or whatever when it came out it was one of the strongest things relating to superman.

I mean it has an issue where superman uses his powers to stop the crack in the universe for eons just until the final living being dies.
He also calls joker out for being the edgy tryhard he is.
He meets the Green Lantern who was in charge of protecting Krypton and forgives him for not doing anything to prevent Kryptons destruction.

It's just good old classic boyscout.

Attached: AOS-12-Cover.jpg (900x1384, 256K)

Livewire > your shit villain

>Besides Morrison did you like any of the new 52 Superman material

There were decent beats (although very few) even in Lobdell's far too lengthy run on the Super Family books. Snyder's limited run on Unchained is problematic because it's very unimaginative and unoriginal - that said, because of Snyder and Lee, it sold really well and so it would have been nice if they did it well. Technically, Lois and Clark were in the New 52, although Jurgen's spent far too much time on his uninteresting 90s era baddie and the entire Hank Henshaw/Alien thing was also just wasted pages. Ultimately, the only think I consistently enjoyed was the Batman Superman book, especially considering how bad the SM/WW book was.