What's up with the Rich Texan Businessman character type?

What's up with the Rich Texan Businessman character type?
Any texans or american knows about this?

Attached: file.png (529x451, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sKX3tWaOew
youtu.be/9-zMX3M0WC4
youtu.be/ts5af0aFcuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i live in bumfuck texas and these guys are rare, not even worth making a stereotype about

Oil. Black gold. Texas tea.

It’s an oil tycoon thing.

I mean, it's a thing. What's your question exactly?

Attached: 241792-jbl.jpg (480x480, 18K)

youtube.com/watch?v=8sKX3tWaOew
Because this show and its MC were extremely popular during the 80´s, zoomer-kun.

it's really a thing

Attached: 1547525891948.jpg (640x360, 22K)

Because of Dallas and Dynasty. Plus Cowboys and the US South in general. It's a well known archetype all over the Western world.

they're a funny stereotype and they're real. not really the kind of person you meet out in public, just rich types you rarely see or hear about.

Doug Dimmadome owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome was based youtu.be/9-zMX3M0WC4

There’s also a small subset of New York businessman from Texas that fit this archetype

All that Texas Oil, yeeaahhhaaa!

Superior version
youtu.be/ts5af0aFcuw

I wonder if George W. Bush influenced the stereotype too

This got a chuckle out of me.

Kek

Making stereotypes aren't about what's prevalent, it's about what's most fun.

A lot of Texans got rich in the bridge business.

Based JBL

Ross Perot too

That the guy who refers to himself in the third person?

I lived in texas all my life, the only people that still wear cowboy hats are mexicans and teenager that want to be "country" and a few retards that want to be "real" texans unlike those Californian refugees.

So how do your people avoid sun damage? Sun screen?

He was and is always based

That's because you live in bumfuck nowhere in Texas, these guys are genuinely more prevalent but not in Texas. They're more common in the south and even parts of Florida.

mainly georgia and louisiana

with hamon

Oil

Are you trying to say Texans are secretly hamon users?

Attached: JosephJoestar.png (466x601, 491K)

I have seen many of these cowboy business types here in Oklahoma. One of them is raising a Falcon and also building a statue of his Falcon.

That's like saying Elon Musk types aren't worth stereotyping because the vast majority of Californians aren't billionaires.

Attached: 240px-Larry_Hagman_as_JR.jpg (240x315, 14K)

Oil killed cowboys

Attached: 220px-Giant_(1956)_poster.jpg (220x331, 28K)

*South Africans

Texas is where them oil fields are
Specifically, up in them hills

I dimmadon't give a dimmadamn

Have you never heard of George W Bush?

No, that wasn't a mistake.

>the state with one of if not the biggest weeb population doesn't hamon
we also know how to really super saiyan but its really embarrassing

Attached: funimation.jpg (874x493, 58K)

Hamon has its roots in Mexican culture when the first vaceros unlocked the secrets of the hog. don't judge me I just want a reason to post this here

Attached: a75.jpg (629x960, 212K)

There's really three stereotypes for super rich people used in modern (read, last 100 years) story telling. Largely spurred by western animation, which is primarily dominated by the U.S.

The one that's been around for the longest is businessman-in-suit-CEO-of-company. All serious, quotes figures, brutal in business strategy, etc etc

The second one, and the second oldest, is Rich Texan Businessman. This came about because while the above-mentioned businessman fits into the mold of any other state in the U.S., Texas is unique in that they're like a culture all on their own. Boistrous and loud. The explosion of wealth in Texas during WW1/WW2 because of the oil fields, and all the agricultural economy from the long-established cattle barons, Texas is a center for a large number of Rich Folks.
So, Rich Texan is a Loud Texan with a bigger hat. And a rich texan is a lot more 'fun' for your cartoon/show/comic/story than a boring business suit fuck.

The third and newest one is a spawn mostly of California's tech industry and heavily inspired by Steve Jobs. The new-age young CEO of a megarich company that's innovative and is really into hip-lingo and being techy as all fuck.

>NOT RIGHT

I mean the vampires did come from south/central america
also ricepirate only did do one ep of Sunset Vendetta didnt he?

Why couldn't Timmy get his name right?

Nah, down there it's more of "the one rich guy who controls everything" which is a different stereotype.

Attached: iu-15.jpg (480x360, 41K)

What's up with the Italian chef stereotype? It's fucking funny, asshole, shut up.

That’s-a spicy meatball! But was it really?

Acapulco Crusaders was the best season.

texans are bloodsucking vampires

No no that is el chupa lamprey.

Just watch old episodes of Dallas, the rich Texan archetype started with J.R.

Fuck i love watching old episodes of Dallas. Its a lot better then Y&R or Days of our Lives

Giddy Up

Days of our lives spawned Harley Quinn

It’s the natural evolution of the Col. Sanders Southern Gentleman stereotype

DOUG DIMMADOME'S CHICKEN DIPPIN' DIMMADOME
DIMMADOME FARMS MILK
DIMMADOME ACRES
SWIMMADOME SWIMMING POOL
DOUG DIMMADOME'S EGG DIPPIN' DIMMADOME
I swear Doug Dimmadome was my favorite
>that one time where he brainwashed everyone in Dimmsdale with his milk

Attached: shareacoke.jpg (680x956, 92K)