Is there any way to help web animators to get more spotlight...

Is there any way to help web animators to get more spotlight? Youtube only seem to give views to retards playing minecraft nowadays.

If animators could get as much money was Pewdiepie we would have dozens of good indie web series at this point.

Attached: No Evil ep1.png (455x520, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CkpY1ZMBLHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The web animators should just play mincecraft to make money then? Basic economics

just play minecraft while being a web animator

look, its either digital legos or e-thotting, pick your poison.

If there is some sort of innovation that allows you to create animations in a short span while uploading in a weekly or even daily basis of sorts then yes it can.
You see this with the popularity of storytime animators.

Stream process and do alternate work (people are saying play minecraft but legitimately streaming break stuff could garner people if you stay topical). Also do request and things for people.

I genuinely think animators could have more leeway digitally if they weren't as individualistic and willing to organize more often and compromise. Actually getting people together to work on a project could really spark interest and get some good revenue, even eventually leading to actual studio creations, but I feel animators are generally trying to do their own thing most of the time.

Getting people to pull their weight and finish projects in a weekly basis is a near impossible task.
That's if you're not paying them for service to boot but rather they are just waiting for their cut.

Easy, become a headline. Once you have been shot people will examine your videos to try and spot what the hell was wrong with you.

Not exactly under rated but Fredryk Phox's "A fox in space" is pretty damn good. Ep 2 will be out soon hopefully, its supposed to be way longer than ep1. Also the animator Umami makes some neat avant agarde stuff too.

nothing can be done. minecraft is on the upswing again thanks to oldschool minecraft videos becoming a meme for the new generation to enjoy. The most effective way to give them exposure beyond the obligatory rate comment subscribe would be to share it with your friends.

have fun getting demonetized for having the slightest bit of violence

whomst is this

Isn't that what patreon is for?
Actual money > Viewers/followers/whatever as far as I know.

No because if no one knows that your animations exist no one will support you.

you can't do animation for the money. you have to be able to be 100% self motivated and not worry about superficials like view count and subscribers

That's a nice idea, but the pay for internet animators is already minimal. If you organize a few of them to work on something together, then you've got to split the revenue.

Tell that to all cartoonists working on tv and for Pixar/Dreamworks

And yet without money you can't keep working.
Well, it sure is a conundrum.

Pewdiepie and Markplier earn hundreds of thousands per month, Game Grumps is able to hire a team of the size of a small animation studio,

Youtube alone should be enough to sustain almost any animation project. Even with quality almost as high as the average Disney/WB/Nettflix current series.

They all have millions of subscribers and even more of viewers not to mention merchandise and sponsorships.
They're not "youtube" anymore, they're basically their own network television at this point.

best way? watch and share their animations
there's always been something of a crowdfunding option for them, but they only recently started doing it regularly with things like patreon out there

someone like pewdiepie can actually make the money he can because he can put out videos frequently and built a huge audience to tune in
for an animator, in order to actually release weekly content, they'd have to do like tv and spend months making the episodes prior to release, which none of them seem to have the focus to do. they all release the episodes as soon as they're finished

betsy is a good example of someone who can balance her cartoon release schedule, but she's an oddity amongst animators. she's fairly swift at animating and reached out to get help from other animators

but personally, i'd take quality work like this over those shitty storytime animators any day of the week

They are nothing without youtube, several of them tried other plataforms and it always fail miserably.

No Evil
it's a web cartoon by Betsy Lee (Warlord of Noodles)
the character is Kitty, one of the main characters voiced by the creator

using the biggest actual youtuber as an example is retarded for this argument

Yes, and the youtube algorithm is set up in such a way that supports what they do. To be successful on youtube you need to have 2-4 videos per day about 10-20 minutes in length. Animation can't do that.

all they need to do is come together and make something that's cool and interesting like Gainax did in the 80s. problem is modern american artists are either not skilled enough or too narcissistic or too lazy to ever actually work with another human being for the sake of the greater good. and the things people are currently working on are nothing but pipe dreams of people actually trying to make full television series on the budget of $0. and then people wonder why long gone gulch and hazbin hotel are taking 3 years to come out with a pilot.

The most sucessful animator on youtube wouldn't reach even close to the top 100 most sucessful let's players income

Not to go on a tangent but copyright laws are pretty fucking lax in Japan that they don't go after doujin artists since they make up a substantial backbone of the manga community.

There is nothing comparable to that in here where even the smallest content creator gets stricken down.

Realistically, Betsy's release schedule is still too slow to hold an attention span of an average person, and she works fast at the expense of the art quality. Compare both quality and release schedule, say, to vanripper (though I've never seen him animate, some people claim he's slow/lazy). Now move on to Fredryk Phox who basically released a single episode despite working what seems to be full-time in his trailer.

Honestly indie animation just seems unfeasible at this point, unless either animators start to actively collaborate (which is pretty hard) or we get another technological breakthrough akin to non-linear video editing to significantly save time for animators. Not saying that people should stop doing it, though.

cute fox

I still think the art quality holds up, but I admit that there's room for improvement

anyone else kinda sad that Harry Partridge's patreon isn't taking off?

Attached: DxTcwLeXcAEtgr_[1].jpg (1200x675, 135K)

I mean, cooperating isn't as easy as just multiple people working on a same thing at the same time. People now have mutual responsibilities, real deadlines to meet. Probably most off-putting thing is that you have to axe your own ideas about the art style or story for sake of a compromise everyone will work on. And with all the hardships, big team with a $0 budget is still a big team with a $0 budget.

isn't that what Hazbin Hotel is trying to do?

The sad fact is that if you want independent creators to thrive you HAVE TO PAY THEM. Niggas got bills. If you want more creators to be able to work outside of the studio system, find ones that you like and find a way to give them money.

Never said it's detrimental but it illustrates production quality vs. run time compromise pretty clearly imo.

Just make low quality work for the hell of it and shill on Yea Forums
>then again I'm not even an animator or successful
youtu.be/CkpY1ZMBLHA
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tumblr was the last place you could have animation and art and pick up a following.
But it was basically murdered the other day through corporate espionage and media manipulation and sold off for barely 2 MILLION dollars.

Lastly, youtube only pushes big media, their own made up stars like pewdipie, that faggot who youtube pushed with that suicide forest thing, and minecraft shit like that because it's pure profit for them.
They also fuck with views to kill certain people and mannipulate search results.

There's no place left for western artists and animators to show off their wares left.
And that was done by design. Seems like it is actually.

So, you're going to have to build a social media presence across the net and post links to your media on free hosting places. Like youtube, vimeo, etc etc.

>Probably most off-putting thing is that you have to axe your own ideas about the art style or story for sake of a compromise everyone will work on.
hence, me bringing up artist narcissism. everyone wants to be the auteur and everyone wants to be the next rebecca sugar or alex hirsch and make a lot of money with their popular cartoons and be hailed and whatever.
i get that real life work may get in the way of things, but that doesn't mean it's entirely impossible considering a lot of freelancers have side jobs. another problem is that people want to make money off their work. and i do believe that artists should be paid for their work but whatever happened to doing things for the sake of enjoying it? most japanese doujin artists who sell at conventions like comiket hardly break even or sell at a loss, yet do it anyway because they enjoy doing it. not saying people should just work for free but there's nothing wrong with gathering some talented friends to make something cool.
gainax started with small 5 minute shorts for some science fiction convention, not a fully fledged animated series. sure, it's the "same thing" in a literal sense, but one is a much more unrealistic endeavor. something more comparable would be those satina shorts, and that became an instant success because there was an actual stream of content being produced, unlike hazbin hotel and long gone gulch, which is taking three years to complete a pilot.

The only way to survive as an artist is to build a social presence online and cultivate an audience.
That's it.

If you can't do that, then you're fucked.
The media can be the greatest most beautiful thing in the world. But it's pointless if no one knows it exists or come to it with the wrong mindset and are thus turned off by it.

>The only way to survive as an artist is to build a social presence online and cultivate an audience.
>build a social presence online

How the fuck you do that? Most small animators comment on twitter daily but still get ignored.

>get someone bigger than you to shill you/shout out about your shit
>make shit for big name e-celebs/streamers/etc so their fans check your shit out
>post your shit everywhere all the time
>get lucky
easiest is to get someone bigger shill you or abuse big streamers by paying them to promote you if you donate to them when they stream and read donations

Reminder that youtube just deleted the entire channel of Glue Studios when they were still active, with no warning or reason, or any way to appeal.

Thinking that people don't want to drag in professionalism in their hobby only because they consider themselves some kind of visionaries is just too harsh. Many animators still do it for sake of enjoying it. But managing a team or working under someone's management just isn't fun, it's extra stress and constraints, and potentially no output at all if someone on the team fucks up. I dunno what else to say, I've said all that in the previous post already.

Also, I want Chalchiutlicue to tune my rod, enjoy the thread, I have to go.

You do know that Gainax pays people to aork for them, right? These animators don't have the money to pay people.

Build your media then go out to the people who would like it.
Shill yourself on every open forum and facebook etc etc online.
Find big names who like stuff that you like and show them your stuff.

it's not even that it has to be a professional thing. it's why i specifically mentioned working with friends. just grab a couple of talented friends and make something cool. i've done small artistic projects in the form of shitty films and comics and bands and whatever with friends simply for the sake of doing it. we made something and had fun doing so. if it were good or if we actually showed it to people then it could have went somewhere, but that doesn't matter at the end of the day. but as i've stated before, artists have big egos so that might just be impossible now. in the age where everyone is connected and everyone can share ideas it just doesn't make any sort of sense that independent properties aren't thriving.
before they became a big animation studio, it was founded by a bunch of college students.

Daicon shorts were still backed by a sponsor and a team of animators but it was started by some college students who had gain notoriety for the actual Daicon convention to sponsor them with a team.

then i concede

Its almost like animators should learn how to get independent sponsors instead of just expecting a studio to give them money.

like and subscribe

Calamity is best girl

Attached: 2tEkeCS[1].jpg (2220x1080, 473K)

Why is her thumb on the wrong side of her hand??

Attached: 1297374926703.jpg (117x126, 3K)

It's exceedingly easy. You merely have to change culture such that they value amateur animation.

Honestly, youtube garbage will slowly get higher quality as the little children who grew up on absolute tripe will, as adults, nonetheless be loyal to the media but not as tolerant as foreign accents reacting to things loudly in a funny voice, slowly turning it into a legit media rather than a mix between jingling keys and an outlet to vicariously experience escapist media asocially.

But animation still will suck because no one cares.

Youtube already has tons of "legit media" which is just same foreign accent reacting loudly video except they have a script with corporate sponsors, and a whole studio behind them.

i want her and icky to kiss and cuddle half naked