Corrupted by The Batman Who Laughs, Six DC Heroes Become Nightmares for Batman and Superman

>Six corrupt versions of DC’s Super Heroes are coming to terrorize Earth this November and December, as DC today teased early details of a series of six comics running parallel to the story unfolding in Batman/Superman by writer Joshua Williamson and artist David Marquez. Each one-shot or tie-in special spotlights a corrupt version of Shazam!, Supergirl, Hawkman and more, known within the DC Universe as The Infected. These six issues star DC’s beloved heroes, revealed to be secretly infected by The Batman Who Laughs with a toxin that violently transforms them into the worst versions of themselves. Their buried frustrations and pent-up anger will boil to the surface, unleashing dangerous results.

>Kicking off these spotlight, one-shot issues is The Infected: King Shazam! #1 on November 6th by writer Sina Grace (Iceman, Go Go Power Rangers) and artist Joe Bennett (The Terrifics, The Immortal Hulk), to be followed by The Infected: Scarab #1 on November 20th, written by Dennis "Hopeless" Hallum (Sea of Stars, The Astonishing Spider-Man) with art by Freddie E. Williams II (Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man/Thundercats). Both issues will feature covers by David Marquez and Dean White. One is a story of a hero whose soul has been turned black and who has something to prove to the old guard, the other a tale of a hero fighting the evil inside him, with his friends and family about to pay the price…and then some.

Attached: INFECTED_SHAZAM_1_Cv_DW2_5d5427c47a19a5.72065296.jpg (791x1200, 434K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/blog/2019/08/15/corrupted-by-the-batman-who-laughs-six-dc-heroes-become-nightmares-for-batman-and
dccomics.com/blog/2019/01/23/totality-talk-scott-snyder-on-justice-league-16s-big-revelations
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>While fans got hints of The Infected in The Batman Who Laughs by Scott Snyder and Jock and have seen the brutality of a jacked-up, Dark Multiverse-infected Shazam! in previews of Batman/Superman, the scope of the deadly pathogen unleashed by The Batman Who Laughs, himself a twisted Dark Multiverse version of Bruce Wayne, has yet to be realized.

>Rounding out November are The Infected tie-in issues Hawkman #18 on November 13th, written by Robert Venditti with art by Pat Olliffe and Tom Palmer, and Supergirl #36 on November 13th, written by Marc Andreyko with art by Eduardo Pansica and Julio Ferreira. Hawkman #18 cover art is by Tyler Kirkham while Supergirl #36 cover art is by Dan Mora.

Attached: INFECTED_SCARAB_1_Cv-DWpsd_5d5428285dcb64.82853923.jpg (791x1200, 461K)

Through all this, neither Superman nor Batman know who's been infected, they don't know who has turned, and they don't know who's a sleeper agent for The Batman Who Laughs. Can they even trust each other? All six of The Infected will be revealed when Batman/Superman #4 by Joshua Williamson and David Marquez, with an acetate cover by Emanuela Lupacchino, hits shelves on November 27th!

Attached: HAWKM_Cv18_PREVIEWS_5d542b0cc86946.22190638.jpg (781x1200, 337K)

>Batman Who Laughs
More like "Belongs in the "

>The final two victims of The Batman Who Laughs’ toxins, no spoilers here, will hit shelves with spotlight one-shot issues of their own in December 2019. Pick up The Batman Who Laughs (HC) by Scott Snyder and Jock along with Batman/Superman #1 by Joshua Williamson and David Marquez on August 28th at your local comic shop for clues to who the other two heroes turned by The Batman Who Laughs’ influence might be!

>dccomics.com/blog/2019/08/15/corrupted-by-the-batman-who-laughs-six-dc-heroes-become-nightmares-for-batman-and

Attached: SG_Cv36_PREVIEWS_5d542b37e027b9.01083670.jpg (781x1200, 475K)

Jesus, Didio won't even let Johns have his Shazam containment book.

YEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Does anyone really want to have their books interrupted by DUDE WHAT IF A JOKER BATMAN MADE YOUR HERO EVIL AND THEN BATMAN BEATS HIM UP

Event bloat kills sales.

Nothing is at stake. Typical capeshit.

The spite is real!!!!

Worse yet, they have the Iceman fucker writing that book.

No. Not at all.

I legitimately prefer DC over Marvel, but holy fuck is DC making it damn near impossible to give a fuck about ANYTHING it is publishing right now. Like the only thing I was really paying attention to was Morrison's GL and Johns' Shazam, BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T CONNECTED TO METAL or Batman Who Keks and like said, now that's one less.

I want to be a DC fan, but apparently they don't want me to be one.

I wonder how was this influenced (if any) by the constant Shazam delays.

>we want the Activision-Blizzard audience

She looks like Lobo now

Cape comics will never ever learn from it's retarded decisions to interrupt ongoing comics for shitty crisis crossover events. It has been that way and will be that way until the end of time.

The Batman who LMAOs is just DC Knull.

It is all so tiresome.

What’s with this edgy evil version of heroes fetish shit Dan can’t move on from? Holy fuck, stop. It’s cheap, gimmicky, and stupid. Furthermore, you can’t even let Johns have that Shazam book?

Attached: 170B7941-6FF7-488C-A6E1-5EBFC1E26022.png (556x433, 153K)

>an infected Scarab
Man, that 1990s Scarab could have been used here

I was already annoyed with so many books shoving in this year of the villain crap and now this. Can DC just please stop doing that?

See I love villain spotlight as much as the next guy, but this is getting fucking retarded. Dan has adored villain wank for years and now it’s starting to tank the entire publisher with this flooding.

This could have been a good comic if their idea was replacing the heroes with dark versions of themselves. Just "JOKERIZED" is lame.

Is the Batman Who Laughs the next big villain or something?

They don't even seem like they're based on anything like the evil Batmen were. They're all just "I'm evil X now". The only cool part about Metal was trying to figure out what each Batman represented.

>Johns can't even have a nice Shazam containment book with Billy adventuring with his family
What the fuck is wrong with you, Didio? Why must I wake up everyday to you doing stupid and revolting shit like this?

He’s just dumb shit Didio and Synder have been pushing since Metal. It’s a lazy concept and is practically bad fanfic Mary Sue tier character writing you’d find scribbled on a middle schooler’s binder.

People want evil Batman and none of them have stuck except for this.

I prefer Owlman, but I mean, it sells.

He can. And does. The current issue is at least 14 weeks late.

I miss heroes acting like heroes. I can't remember the last time Batman saved anyone in his main book, the Teen Titans are doing weird stuff, Wally got turned into a murderer, Didio seems to have it out for Titans in general, now this secret six stuff...there are more heroes who aren't doing anything good right now, that's just off the top of my head.
I get that you need conflict in a story, but right now it's a bit much.

Read Tomasi's Detective Comics.

I always thought that the Johns vs Didio thing was a bs, but lately I have been wondering if there's some truth in it.

>MUH ROLE MODELS
These comics are not your moral compass, they are not your therapist.

>Does anyone really want to have their books interrupted by DUDE WHAT IF A JOKER BATMAN MADE YOUR HERO EVIL AND THEN BATMAN BEATS HIM UP

Attached: no thanks.jpg (1878x1480, 551K)

I am and I really like it. It doesn't seem connected to the rest of the dc universe though, his run consists mostly of stories that could take place at any time in current continuity. As much as I don't like it, Snyder and King are the ones who get to say what happens to Batman.

Mind explaining further. I'm not familiar with what they've done that'd be similar.

I don’t like that they’re revealing who all is infected already but what are ya gonna do. Funny they’re hiding the Commissioner Gordon one since he was probably the first revealed as the cliffhanger/ending of Batman who Laughs

They aren't. But they are supposed to be a source of entertainment and turning heroes into villains stops being entertaining pretty fast. I never asked you to share my opinion, did I?

It didn’t “stick” and fuck you for enabling this

They were for children back in the day before the comic industry lost focus.

I'm not buying it, I'm not even reading it, how am I enabling it?

All I know is I don't see Prometheus, or Owlman, or any other knock off Batman these days, while this guy has had a mini and two events about him.

Way to miss the point, asshole

Gordon and Donna are getting their one shots in December

>The final two victims of The Batman Who Laughs’ toxins, no spoilers here, will hit shelves with spotlight one-shot issues of their own in December 2019.

Their push doesn’t mean it’s successful. It’s what Dan and Snyder want. Speaking of Owlman, do you know how many people are STILL asking for a Earth 3 book?

Don't forget that Bendis (not defending him) is writing an event book at the moment, centered around a masked character Couping the Intelligence Community and even a force that had previously been used illicitly, for the sole purpose of doing a better job keeping the world safe than the superhero community, which in a way feels like a safe own, because it is based on the premise that the community is doing an unsatisfactory job.

I don't know if an Earth-3 book would work at the moment, especially now that Bendis has his dirty hands on it.

Do people actually like this Batma n who laughs shit?

It sells pretty well, so that's correct.

Whenever there's a book without Batman, other characters should be asking, "Where's Batman?"

What book is that? I miss classic Harley.

>what if superheroes... were EVIL?
Genius.

Most recent issue.

at least knoll is contained to Cates shit

I assume it's mostly speculators

Normies have objectively shit taste.

>back in the day
Back in the day segregation was the law of the land.

tpbp.

Yeah, that's another thing. I personally don't mind heroes losing from time to time (Antagonists need to win too to stay relevant too after all), but both Snyder and King seem really determined to establish Bruce as really incompetent lately. I didn't read it myself, but several people told me that Snyder revealed that main universe Bruce was the least successful version of Batman in the entire multiverse and King's Batman is the most useless version of him I can think of.
Look, he doesn't need to be batgod, but the isn't opposite necessarily better.

>Dark Knights Metal, where six different characters become corrupted by Batman
>now this shit, where six different characters get corrupted by Joker
Gay

God. All the bullshit of BatGod need to washed away and forgotten. King is saving the character.

>for the sole purpose of doing a better job keeping the world safe than the superhero community
Saying is one thing, doing is another.
>because it is based on the premise that the community is doing an unsatisfactory job
You ever heard of false premise? Just because Leviathan is doing a bad job doesn't mean he's right.

King isn’t saving shit

Making him an incompetent asshole, who treats his family and his mission like shit because his girlfriend dumped him is saving the character? Good for you if you like it. The only thing King accomplished for me is that his version of Bruce is going on my nerves.

Christ on a fucking crutch DC is just so intellectually bankrupt.

Spinning out of Batman vs evil Batman's comes evil Batman turning superheroes into jokers so Batman has to go The Boys on all the superheroes so that when it's all over every superhero has been beaten by a Batman twice!
Good talk, publish!

Still better than Marvel's black tranny acceptance week with The Immortal Cuck.

>Making him an incompetent asshole
He's not incompetent nor an asshole, you're just used to a flat character.

King is also guilty of batgod, or did you forget the whole KGbeast bullshit and him one punching everyone in Arkham. King can't decide if Batman is supposed to be batgod or the most useless hero ever.

>Sina Grace (Iceman)

Attached: 1507673241332.jpg (663x579, 39K)

Batman Who Laughs was a mistake and this is all part of Didio's beef with younger heroes.

Notice how 4 of the 6 infected are teens and yoyng adults.

I liked parts of Metal but I knew they were going run it into the ground.

Well this all sounds like trash...really sorry tonsee this happening to you bros over at DC

Attached: image.jpg (966x875, 1.33M)

He hasn't saved anyone in ages, he even let the joker get away with murdering several people and didn't do anything and he punched Gordon, Tim and Alfred. Not the most sympathetic character.

I don't think you guys know what incompetency really is. It just sounds like you expect Batman to overcome every challenge with the barest minimum of effort.

JFC...when Harley is the voice of reason...

Write new super heroes already you capeshits

> who treats his family and his mission like shit because his girlfriend dumped him is saving the character?
People keep hammering the idea of Batman not being a stable person and how he is a step away to become one of his rogues. Well, you finally get a correct characterization og how a person should act. Not just broody and obsesive.

>The Infected: King Shazam! #1 on November 6th by writer Sina Grace
They gave Shazam AIDS?

Attached: lxcjyhr.jpg (891x814, 108K)

He's supposed to be a hero. The least I expect is him trying to save people.

How about you explain to me what King's Batman has accomplished in this run? I'm really curious.

>He hasn't saved anyone in ages
Have you actually been reading the book? More importantly, do you understand that you don't need to have some mandatory scene per issue where Batman has to save some nameless bystander for him to still be considered a hero?

*of how a person in said circunstances

He has banged Catwoman. You haven't.

>He's supposed to be a hero.
He is a hero but the idea that you need a running tally count of people saved by Batman to prove that he is a hero is absurd.

Give me examples: Who has he saved? Has he improved someones life?

You know, I enjoyed Metal and thought it was a fun book, but it's seriously outstayed its welcome at this point.

>another supergirl corruption story
just make her a full off villain like superboy prime

Here's an idea

DC doing something fucking terrible is independent of Marvel doing something terrible. Company wars is ass cancer for children.
What's going on here is a discussion of what DC is doing. Go start a thread about Hulk to complain.

And I don't want to. Who knows what she has down there.

Yeah, I figured you'd defend Marlel

>How about you explain to me what King's Batman has accomplished in this run?
Saved Gotham by the Dozens. Took down assassins and several different psychopaths. Is working on saving Claire from herself.

Then what does a hero do in your opinion?

Saves kittens from trees and stops bank robbers in funny outfits.

>Roasties will never get my virginity

Face adversary in doing virtuous actions.

Wow way to be too stupid to get the context and know Joe is a shitposter

That is what Batfans typically want, yes.

>Hrnh. I planned for your plan. Now I win.

Mostly at the beginning of the run and most of them were nameless goons. That's not a lot for a run that's 76 issues long.
Claire is currently a villain and Gotham is under the control of Bane.

user whether there is a difference between saying vs doing is inconsequential. The premise behind what he is doing, the main conceit, is that heroes are doing a bad job. Whether he is trying to do better, or is just saying he is going to doesn't matter because the basis the book tasks the audience to consider and accept to consider Leviathan as grey, and not dismiss him as a mustache twirling bait and switch baddie is that heroes doing their best is not adequate.
That is a perspective that comes from Bendis, and all "Bendis doesn't have Editors" jokes aside, it is a perspective allowed to be the basis by editorial and publishing. That is what they are comfortable being a perspective about the universe they are in charge of keeping in one piece.

I see a problem with that. Especially as they continue going out there and saying DC has "The Greatest Superheroes."™

No I just want street level mysteries

>user whether there is a difference between saying vs doing is inconsequential
No there isn't. There's a world of difference between me saying I can turn lead into gold and actually turning lead into gold.

YES! But do you understand that I am not talking about the events or motivations within the book? I don't give a flying fuck about what Leviathan says versus what he is going to do, because personally I am expecting a bait an switch.

I am talking about the perspective applied during the writing of the book. About the perspective the creators want us to consider and not dismiss as they think about how we will perceive what they publish.

You're focused on what is happening in the funny books, and I'm taking issue with the thoughts considered months before anything is ever published or storytimed.

You're such a fucking idiot. Leviathan is not morally grey and there's really nothing to the book that suggest it. He's a typical megalomaniac who bendis flatout said is manipulating everyone around him last issue.
He's a con man and the sad thing is that you felled for a fictional con.

Cool story, bro.

Goddamn, DC is really this creatively bankrupt???

Attached: 1478779725554.png (776x377, 192K)

I understand enough to know that you don't have a good grasp of reading and understanding. The book is not at all suggesting that leviathan is right.

How did Mozgus have such impeccable teeth?

Why don't you just make everyone villains, Didio?

>no trunks
Fuck this.

He doesn’t like Earth 3

The Behelit is the Guts-verse equivalent to the Mask of Loki.

This is some bullshit alarmist shitposting.

I don't feel bad stopping reading DC

Really, the DC heroes have been so routinely and regularly Corrupted/Darkseid'd/Eclipso'd/Starro'd/'Joker'd/ect. ect. that you'd think there'd be some contingency in place.
DC has told variants of this story literally over a hundred times.

This is literally the least original thing they could have turned into an event. They are really leaning on Bat-Joker to sell this shit.

Attached: 1502299146088.png (464x502, 327K)

Dark Multiverse and Year of the Villain
The gifts that keep on giving, thanks Didio

We know Gordon is one of them. Wonder who the last will be.

Is "The Batman Who Laughs" like "A Pimp Named Slickback"?
You really have to say the whole thing?

Attached: Riley Freeman.png (197x235, 50K)

you're thinking too small
>What if superheroes... were evil BATMAN

>Shazam
>Blue Beetle
>Hawkman
>Supergirl

Technically we know the 5th with Gordon at the end of the batman who laughs comic. But they'll probably not include them and just pick two other randos.

That. Or people are just calling bad shit as they see bad shit

Wasn't that JUST an event?

Of course he doesn't. Their villains are just palette swaps, not edgy mutated monsters.

Attached: Frankenstein_(Futures_End)_001.jpg (420x591, 154K)

Nobody gives a fuck we just want heroic stories. Go be a faggot elsewhere.

And now it's back... and this time it's PERSONAL.

I didn't.
I thought the same thing sucked in hulk.

Now quit being ass cancer.

I'm not saying the book is suggesting he is right. I am saying that there is a difference between saying you are doing bad things because what is being done to keep the world safe is no longer acceptable, and doing poisoning the Gotham Water Reservoir to kill as many people as you can.
When the Joker does the latter, he is clearly the bad guy, we all know he is the bad guy, and every page we tun until Batman stops him is a countdown until the good guy stops the bad guy from hurting innocent people.
In the case of Leviathan, whatever he is doing, he is saying he is doing because good guys aren't keeping people safe enough.

FULL STOP.

Before you ever consider whether is is doing what he does because he is challenging the establishment it is all bullshit to mask a global coup, and he really is just another bad guy, you are tasked with considering whether that description is true or not.
Are the good guys doing an adequate job, to keep the DCU safe, or is there room for improvement?
Batman got outkeikued by a Joker he had locked in the Batcave but Damian is so much worse for doing the same thing, rite guize which culminated in the Justice League getting their asses kicked and Source Wall being broken open, which resulted in forces from outside of it threatening all of existence, which hasn't slowed down since it began. The regular Justice League is getting embarrassed by the Legion monthly, the space Justice League just gave Darkseid a power boost, the magic Justice League is fighting baddies tied to the creation of magic and spanked to a degree that the Lords of Order sided against them, and that's while some heroes aren't killing others or having a sad because of their fiance or daddy. Yeah I think there is room for improvement. So Leviathan or Lex, or Batman Who Laughs aside, their motivations don't matter because DC editorial is okay allowing the "safe" DCU to look like a hellhole.

OOOOH! Next do an event where Batman turns evil....and gains the ability to copy other superheroes powers! Bat-mazo!

Also, I think "The Batman Who Laughs" is a bit clumsy for a name. I nominate we combine Bat-Wank and Joker, and call him The Wankster, or just Wanker.

Attached: BIZARRO.jpg (400x300, 114K)

The last two are Batman and Superman themselves

>wanker
Cheeky bugger.

Batkek?

Only normies

We need a new Legion of UltraDoom featuring all the edgiest OC shitlord villains from the last decade. Rogal-Zharr, The Wankster, Godspeed, I'm sure Green Lantern has one too.

> I'm sure Green Lantern has one too.
Actually no because Morrison is writing it.

>I'm sure Green Lantern has one too.
Volthoom or this guy if you really want to stick with Doughnut Steels or post New 52.

Attached: Green_Lantern_Vol_5-23.1_Cover-1_Teaser.jpg (575x880, 392K)

Between this and Tales of the Dark Multiverse, I just cannot keep my eyes from rolling.

Boy, they can't let the dark multiverse go, can they?

Definitely Superman, and probably Nightwing or maybe Damian.
Gotta have Batman beat Superman!

>Volthoom
Jesus Christ I somehow wiped that out of my mind.

It's like Snyder gave Didio a 200 pound pile of conceptual blow dude. It's a refinery of the shitty edgy stories he's been been pushing since he was EiC.

I'm sorry for reminding you, user.

I guess it sold, so they have to milk it before people get tired of it.

Too late.

Shit, I forgot this guy was a thing.

It's not your fault, it's mine for not dropping Johns' GL after Blackest Night. I just had to keep going...

Metal was an awful story

Attached: iknowthatfeel.png (500x461, 31K)

>They gave Shazam AIDS?
Not just AIDS, they gave him the Bad AIDS.

Only outcome I'd accept for TBWL:

>TBWL goes to another dimension, planning as always some edgy shit to do
>"Not so fast, defective doppelganger!"
>POW!
>TBWL didn't see that one coming. He decides to play it cool and pretend that uppercut didn't hurt. He's already preparing some nihilistic witticis-
>FSSSSHSH
>Holy hellraiser, Batman! The Batcomputer pinpoited exactly the arrival point of this deviant duplicate!
>And giving us enough time to perfect this anti interdimensional entity repelant, old chum.
>time to put this disgraced dark knight into the modified dehydrator, which will render the joker particles inside his body inert

Attached: 1691794.jpg (720x540, 41K)

>Dennis "Hopeless" Hallum
don't bring this loser over please, he's even trying to change his pen name to his new name because it has so much shit attached to it

The whole being the worst Batman was most just Batman LMAO saying Bruce is you nice and shit, isn't Snyder also writing the justice league and in it Batman was one of the two people deemed instrumental in the whole multiverse that he is one of 2 people assigned a nymph

No one will ever get tired of it.

Batman fans will buy anything with Batman winning, no matter how intellectually bankrupt, stupid or implausible it is. And they get pissed if he doesn't win immediately.

A story like Knightfall couldn't be told nowadays, the sperging would shake the earth. Someone would go active shooter at the DC offices.

this

I haven’t bought Batman in years. But yes the fandom is full of beaten whores asking for more

Am I the only person that liked everything from metal up until now

They doubled down on Volthoom creating the Phantom Lantern

Edgy manchildren

Not even kind of.
Probably half this thread that's complaining about it liked it at least a bit. As long as Batman gets to beat everything forever it will always be loved.

The fact that it is a limited series drives the speculators to get it.
But its actually audiance are probably kids who say: "WHOA EVIL BATMAN!" and get it thinking they have some piece of brave and forbidden literature in their hands.

>wally is a mass murderer
>starfire, cyborg and azrael are darkseid bitches
>now this

I dunno, I think it's kinda cool

Attached: images.jpg (631x486, 22K)

Stop trying to make Batchuckles happen!

I'm pretty sure that a rumor from a long time back was that Donna Troy is also one of the infected.
Also
>Dick Grayson is now Ric
That's most of the NTT accounted for now

The final two are Gordon and Donna Troy

It’s Donna Troy

DC has also pushed me away with their constant shit-tier events. It was different when it was an occasional thing but now they can't go a second without a big crossover that CHANGES EVERYTHING FOREVER FOR REAL (but not really) and really all that does is turn off people trying to get into their books.
Congrats you hooked some batfags who will read until the crossover ends then drop the book. You lost a good portion of the rest of the audience and might have gotten the books cancelled but good job.

They've really, really ramped up lately. They had a bunch of in-book crossovers during the New 52, but no actual big events until 2014's Forever Evil, then Convergence for two months in 2015.
Now there seems to be at least two running at a time. The only mercy is that the JL ones only lasted a month each

What's Gordon gonna do in a team with Shazam, Supergirl, Blue Beetle, Hawkman and Donna Troy?

Attached: 1563954096937.jpg (3974x3056, 3.59M)

>The Commissioner Who Rapes

>Tom King
>Dan Abnett
>G. Willow Wilson
>Sam Humphries
>Kelly Sue DeConnick
>Matt Fraction
>Dennis "Hopeless"
>Sina Grace
See what i see?

Attached: 15.jpg (612x960, 84K)

Who’s that smoking guy above Shazam and below Red Tornado?

>Sina Grace
Can't wait for that fag to make another blog post going "WAAAAAA DC ARE A BUNCH OF COWARDS FOR CANCELING MY GAY BOOK"

Attached: Kermit.png (538x506, 245K)

Appears you have a chaos problem.

Attached: EmperorsWisdom.jpg (400x889, 87K)

He's going to make one of the Shazam kids gay.

I know nothing about these guys but their armors always make them seem like they'd be super slow.

The movie was ahead of him.

the fat ugly one is already gay

King's Batman: Nearly kills Kgbeast, breaks into Arkham Asylum and beats up Bane, doing exactly what he wants, punches Gordon, punches Tim Drake, hits Alfred... how virtuous.

When a meme becomes reality.

Does anyone here even realize that the Shazam story is a one-shot? It isn't a new ongoing or anything, just a one-shot.

Bullock is my guess

The Shazam Who Yasses

Granted it's been awhile since I've read DC but isn't Black Adam already evil Shazam?

Can the giggling Batman just fuck off already? Does anyone actually like this character?

>does anyone like this character
It’s Joker AND Batman, two of the only three characters that push any kind of numbers at DC, this means that Batman who LAMOs is around forever

>Does anyone actually like this character?
Clearly, Scott Snyder.

>Shazam(!)

Attached: crunch crunch.jpg (647x556, 68K)

Hey it's the Reborn suit

Except someone is telling a Knightfall-esque story right now that everyone is sperging out about

i dont know why dan didildo keeps hoovering up all the marvel rejects

If you look, all the "infected" are touching their heads while no one else on the page is. Including Gordon and Donna. Confirmed.

Are you retarded? Literally no one here but you thought this was an ongoing.

I noticed that too.

Artist's choice or is there a reason behind this ?

Wilson and Abnett did work for them decades ago (Karen Berger found Wilson and published her first OGN through Vertigo, and Abnett did LoSH for years before he did Marvel Cosmic), but yeah, the others are either recent Marvel rejects, or people who quit working for Marvel four years ago

Neat

test

That was honestly what made me think it was a pron edit before the announcement. It'll probably be changed before the release. T_T

Attached: $ (2).jpg (2400x3000, 381K)

Exposing your flaws don't make them go away

They're also all drawn as figurines set on crystalline bases

Is this Humphries Harley???

Guy has been handling every assignment from DC like a pro the last couple years imo. Green Lanterns was way better than expected, and even his Nightwing run was good and that swap was so jarring to both runs. He was actually excited to get Harley so I wonder if it's all been as good as those couple panels

Dude if they ever use WestMans dehydrating machine to solve any plot I'll cum everywhere

>These comics are not your moral compass, they are not your therapist.

You don't like heroism? The you probably like Marshit.

most of blizzard Lore is based on "muh corruption"

Based Harley.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks, user.

So I suppose it's fair to say that Dan Didio is a villain-wank obsessed retard, correct? Because my god, sing a different tune already. It feels like Dan, Snyder, King, and Bendis are all these edgy assholes in a clubhouse ignoring the criticisms of their readers.

Attached: 065465161.jpg (828x1416, 176K)

It's consumed by the same people who think Batman is the best hero ever and watches every Marvel movie.

So, braindead people.

>Furthermore, you can’t even let Johns have that Shazam book?
All Jonhs books have gotten delayed lately. It's a more a matter that he seems to be a mess behind the scenes lately.

"King Shazam #1" clearly isn't the Johns book though.

Just FYI, Harley still looks like NuHarley. She's doing a meta thing where she's reading a comic book to her unconscious mom and the book version looks like old Harley

Just make it a multiversal constant that Kara always turns evil if she doesn't die in a crisis or become Power Girl

The Batman who Laughs mini easily beat the main Bat book in sales, and was pretty much DC's number 1 series. TBwLs did get well received even if you dislike him.

>2019
>The last good event from DC was Blackest Night

Sometimes I wonder how can the big corporations can keep going on even when they're ruled by literally retarded people. See DC, WB, Fox, etc.

Superman is there too though.

>we heard you like batman and the joker so we made a joker batman, and now we're turning all the other heroes into joker batmen so you'll like them as well!

No joking here, but that Hawkman design looks awesome. The same goes for the Dark Multiverse Flash.

Those should be the default costumes of the real Hawkman and Flash respectively.

No, it isn't, but the way Metal has been happening, and the way DC has managed with Johns delays, they'll probably just say that his book isn't canon, and spin this and it's consequences out into new canon.

You know? The same thing they have done with Doomsday Clock.

Even if they don't declare it non-canon, because it's been impacted by Metal, it's going to be impacted by it. This shit is not like Morrison. Snyder, and the people who have written stuff that has spun out of Metal have not left things they found them, and considering that Metal is what effectively ended Rebirth, and everything that Rebirth attempted to bring back to DC, I wouldn't blame Johns if he flat out refused to acknowledge any of it, at which point, DC will either cancel it or declare it an Elseworld.

>sina grace
>hopeless
>dark multiverse shit
yikes

THAT'S BECAUSE KINGS DRAGGED OUT RUN IS GARBAGE! That's like me saying my new shitty car model is better than my old one because it's not on fire. Fact is sales don't matter over at DC right now, it's about whatever Dan Didio wants printed and what ideas HE wants canon

>THAT'S BECAUSE KINGS DRAGGED OUT RUN IS GARBAGE

Yeah, that's my point. Batman who Laughs sold better than the main Bat book because people dislike what's going on there, but it shows BwLs is actually popular. It has been a while since they managed a new popular villain, so you'll see him pushed for a long time now.

Lets do the Crime Syndicate AGAIN only more extreme!

>Batgod Who Batwanks
film at 11

And we are not here to humor your autism

Blackest Night is actual garbage

>Sina Grace
who asked for this

I still don't know how BatKek can Laugh without his lower jaw? Or is Batman white knight Joker so much that he had Alfred reattach it to him because he resembled his husbando so much.

>Dark Multiverse Flash
You mean the Batman-Flash?

Attached: yes comic books are fucking stupid i know.png (1280x982, 2.5M)

But BWLs is fucking dogshit conceptually. He's not even the most interesting evil Bat-JL member from Metal. The only reason why it sold was probably from morbid curiosity. I'm ashamed to say that I ever liked Batman because I'm lumped into the dumbass faggot fanboys who didn't have the balls to drop king 70 issues ago

what

So they have Aqua-bat, Muscle-bat, Armor-bat, Gimp-bat, Wonder-bat, Flash-bat, and Lantern-bat?

They all look fucking awful.

Reminder that Scott Snyder wanted to write an ongoing about how awesome Hawkman is, but Dan Didio forced him to twist the plot into a Batman event.

Also reminder that Snyder wanted to write an ongoing about Hawkman leading a group of detectives, but Didio once again cock-blocked him from get what he wanted.

they match the quality of the comic

He fucking acknowledged Metal and Heroes in Crisis already you fucking faggot

i really dislike didio

Snyder has more than enough clout to write a Hawkman book, and yet he still hasn't, while the actual Hawkman book goes to Venditti, the man who took the golden goose that was Johns Green Lantern and spiked it harder than Liu Bei spikes babies.

And now Hawkman's infected.

Attached: Hawkman-18-B.jpg (911x1400, 573K)

Scott Snyder is a pushover. Not so long ago King was making fun of him, while at the same time he was praising King despite King bullying the fuck out of him. I felt sorry for the dude.

he's outright the highest selling writer at DC currently, by a considerable margin. Him being a sissy faggot who won't advocate for himself isn't on Didio.

Have you seen his interviews for Last Knight on Earth? He tells like a giddy child that it's the first time he feels any freedom writing Batman because only now editorial lets him do whatever he wants. The fucking first time despite the dude being the best seller on Batman for years. Even then he says he fears doing certain things in fear of editorial coming down on him.

Fuck, even is miniseries "The Wake" was the best selling thing Vertigo published in like a decade, even though it was complete shit.

>Also reminder that Snyder wanted to write an ongoing about Hawkman leading a group of detectives, but Didio once again cock-blocked him from get what he wanted
The concept seemed dumb, but fun. Poor Snyder.

Attached: file.png (738x1134, 1.41M)

"dumb but fun" is all Snyder can write, except usually he forgets the fun.

Hilarious thing about this image? Already ignored and retconned by Bendis in Leviathan. Ralph was replaced by Plastic Man

most DC writers seem to just be dunking on Snyder left and right. Morrison bamboozled the Invisible Spectrum, Rucka took back the Question, Bendis is Bendising as per usual.

>"Leviathan has brought the greatest detectives together"
>Lois Lane, Green Arrow, The Question, Plastic Man and Batman
Who the fuck hired this clown?

Attached: It just don't add up.png (263x279, 41K)

Well I don't blame Morrison ditching that new spectrum shit. Snyder needs to calm the fuck down with his cosmic shit. As for the Ralph/O'Brian thing, I seriously think that was a Bendis mix-up because he couldnt tell the difference between the two. I know Plas had a brief detective thing way back, but most associate Ralph as the detective. In fact it's the only thing he had going for him.
Was Detective Chimp there? He better be. Wait, why the fuck is Oliver on that team?

Morrison didn't ditch the new spectrum, he basically knee-capped it by making everything but Infrared and Ultraviolet into "Green" Lanterns because he's not an idiot.

Nice to see Edgy Matrix again

Attached: supergirl annual 01 - 31.jpg (1015x1567, 409K)

I thought you were bullshiting me.

>When I started Metal, the Hawks became a real touchstone of lore and mythology, and I fell in love with those characters. I had ambitions, actually, to write a Hawkman series long ago, but I just couldn’t make it work with all of the things I was already writing for DC. But I have a tremendous love for both characters and the historical mystery that lies behind their reincarnation.

dccomics.com/blog/2019/01/23/totality-talk-scott-snyder-on-justice-league-16s-big-revelations

>I seriously think that was a Bendis mix-up because he couldnt tell the difference between the two.
Plastic Man is literally called by Lois "Not-Elongated Man" as a jab in the comic, he supposedly knows they're different characters.
>Was Detective Chimp there?
Nope, those are the whole team.
>why the fuck is Oliver on that team?
Ask Bendis.

Why not give Hawkman to Snyder? If the dude sells, wouldn't that help elevate Hawkman? I don't get Didio, man.

Snyder could almost certainly write a Hawkman book if he asked, but apparently he's just too chickenshit (pun not intended)

This. Same deal with Batman. Snyder and Capullo said they were tired of writing Batman and that Last Knight on Earth is the last thing they wanted to do with the character.

Guess which is the new project by the duo about?

>Guess which is the new project by the duo about?
Swamp Thing?

Something Batman related.

Who's the girl between Elongated Man and Slam Bradley?
I also wanna know who the ones in the background are.

If I remember right, people said it was Traci 13, because the old Blue Beetle book said that Sue and Ralph took care of her for a while.
Of course, she looks nothing like she's looked in JLD, but that's normal for her. Literally every appearance every couple of years is drastically different

Elongated Man
Detective Chimp
Traci 13
Slam Bradley
Martian Manhunter
Hawkgirl (Kendra Sanders)
The Question
Hawkman (who the fuck knows anymore)

In the back is possibly Jim Corrigan and... i don't know. I know it's not Catwoman.

why does it look like someone farted

Are Plastic Man and Green Arrow actually detectives and I just didn't know?

Attached: RCO013_1560932954.jpg (1041x1600, 655K)

GA, slightly. The 1980s Grell series usually had him investigating a lot, then filling people with arrowheads.
Sometimes it was different intelligence services playing the ruse cruise with him

>Brainlet Yea Forumsirgin crossposter who never read a Hulk comic book in his life
Joe is classic Yea Forums incarnate, seeing people seethe over what he says just for the lulz is his motto.

>Evil SHAZAM
So just Black Adam, or IBAC, or SABBAC, or Sivanna that one time?

I'm so tired of DC's shit. Everything (aside from GL and like two other books) is either infected by Bendis or Snyder, or both, and it's so dumb.

Abnett is probably leaving DC soon, Black Library will begin doing 40k Siege of Terra Books.

I SEE YOU IN THERE KENAN

Just know that Space marines outruns fucking Bugatti Veryons and sometimes they Crack the fucking earth at full sprint.

>Question saying Hurm
F U C K O F F

No, this it's actually Billy.

>Morrison gives DC a bevy of unique, diverse alternate universes to explore
>Nobody wants to use them
>Snyder comes up with a multitude of BAD END universes as an excuse for evil versions of Batman
>DC wears out the idea for the next decade

I should have given up after Future's End. Nobody in charge has learned a damn thing.

Attached: Swamp Fugg.jpg (84x255, 12K)

>Just FYI, Harley still looks like NuHarley.
Good.

Too bad. JL Odyssey has been fun.

Once Venditti's Hawkman and Snyder's JL wraps up they should give Snyder Hawkman and Nightwing. Then give Venditti cowriting on JL with Mark Russel

no, Venditti needs to fuck right off, and Russell needs to build more of a name for himself so editorial doesn't kneecap him like they did in Sinestro

DC can't bring Dick back soon enough.

You know Snyder would bring the real Dick back too

Venditti is good rn dude. His earlier GL/HalnPals work was solid, and Hawkman is fun.

Quoted the wrong reply

Venditti's Hawkman has been good. The man can be fine when he wants to be.

and his freedom fighters has been terrible

I'm gonna be honest and say that the stupidest thing out of this whole mess is the name "The Batman Who Laughs" it's such a clunky fucking name that goes to show how they don't think things trough "The Bat Who Laughs" rolls of the tongue better and it actually works as a fucking play on words.

The Laughing Bat is better still

REMEMBER WHEN WE THOUGHT PRIME TIME WOULD COME BACK?
I REMEMBER

>Based Harley.
Well thank god somebody's calling out the bullshit.

This would be cool if in-universe Harley actually had her old costume.

I honestly wouldn't mind this stupid event were it being orchestrated by someone competent.

Attached: hellboy goes to extra-hell.png (1240x729, 1.69M)

tome 12 when

Not only that, I want an eccentric billionaire to buy the rights and turn this thing into the most epic independent horror film ever made.

A Hawkman and Nightwing team-up would be fucking awesome with some cool hunter name as the title

>Wally is a mass murderer
>Shazam, Hawkman, Supergirl and Blue Beetle got taken over by the WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY virus
>Batman is completely fucking useless thanks to King
>Starfire, Cyborg, and Azrael got turned into Darkseid's bitches
>Leviathan is likely Arsenal or some shit
>Martian Manhunter got WHIRRRRRRRRRRed by Luthor and is now his fucking spandex suit
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

>Hawkman in something kinda high profile
Uhm, yay?

Didio is doing everything in his power to make people switch to reading indies, I guess

Apparently he will turn into a member of the court of owles first. Could be only for one arc, could be longer. Everyone thought he would be back to being Nightwing by now so who knows?

Detective Comics is still good. Nothing spectecular, but solid writing that's enjoyable and independent from all of the Bendis, Snyder and King stuff.

it's still Tomasi so it's Blandrew B. McBlanderson and his son Blandy B. McBlanderson, Jr.

Seriously though, why did Sina cry about that? His trash series got continued as a mini, he even got an UXM one-shot and delayed Rosenberg's shitfest by one week

because Marvel didn't FORCE his book to sell! His book DESERVES to top the charts! Don't they know he's gay?!

>>Starfire, Cyborg, and Azrael got turned into Darkseid's bitches
There's legitimate gripes and then there's just complaining for the sake of it. Obviously that isn't going to be long term

>I can't remember the last time Batman saved anyone in his main book

That's because you don't actually read comics, you just whine about how they don't pander to you.

Batman and Robin (2011), Super Sons and his run on Superman belong to the most beloved series to come out of the New 52 and Rebirth, but if you don't like it nobody is forcing you to read it.

Not taking good care of your teeth is heresy.

and the people who love those series are boring people who probably enjoy oatmeal for breakfast

Judging by your taste you probably eat shit for breakfast

sorry you had to find out you're boring this way, user

Oh no, a person on Yea Forums doesn't like my opinions! How shocking!
Seriously dude, you don't have anything better to do?

would any of us be here right now if we had anything better to do?

The gimmick is turning heroes temporarily into bad guys, dummy. This is basically Eclipso: The Darkness Within, except with Batman.

So you're boring as well

>it's not rehashing that, it's rehashing this
bravo

probably, but at least that means I can recognize Tomasi is too

>what if good hero was bad?
God I am so sick of the big two. Do heroes even DO traditional hero story shit anymore? When was the last time Batman did some legit detective shit? Court of Owls?

well there's Green Lantern at least

Based Morrison doing whatever he wants and never get involved in this gay shit.

Attached: 332F4666-0C01-4D97-AB24-BDCBC0301608.jpg (1318x2000, 864K)

>Venditti's Hawkman has been good.

The first arc ended up being anti-climactic as fuck.

Tomasi’s DC and bizarrely enough Bendis’ Walmart Batman Universe.
Also this

Attached: 581D90C8-0206-4177-B722-ECA61AD824CE.jpg (1988x3056, 1.71M)

>Do heroes even DO traditional hero story shit anymore? When was the last time Batman did some legit detective shit?

Oh look, yet another asshat who doesn't read comics whines about shit that shows he doesn't read comics.

Well at least Hal’s still fine.

Attached: 97038D03-B14D-4E6D-99B5-B8BE4A698400.jpg (1332x2048, 680K)

I don't like shit, tired stories being shoveled by DC and Marvel, so I MUST not read comics. At least other people replied with Green Lantern.

>another fucking event that doesn't matter at ALL because it will all just be restored to status quo, pissing off readers who have the books they give a shit about interrupted with an arc they don't care about for a couple of months
Events are cancer.

I think you're the one who is whining. Anyway, what comics do you like then?

Plastic Man often did back in his Golden Age series, most modern stuff just focuses on the wacky aspects of the character

honestly considering how often people at the Big Two seem to make pissing off their fans their top priority, I'm amazed they don't end up getting shot or stabbed more often by them, especially considering how nutty fans often are

the fans are nutty, but in the gluttons for punishment way, not the shoot up a school way

BASED

Why does everyone think that exposing that you're doing something stupid erase the fact that you're doing something stupid?

although it may seem like it sometimes, Big 2 comics are not all written by a monolithic hivemind.

>Venditti's Hawkman has been good.
It really, really wasn't.

Holy shit, was that in the current Harley Quinn book... Is Harley Quinn a good read now?

Why is DC stuck in the mid 2000s edge era?

Because the people in charge think Edge is what sells

>Plastic Man in the background freaking out

It's obvious Snyder has a corruption fetish. Jokerized Donna is probably giving me one too.