Why dont you like strong independent female characters?

Why dont you like strong independent female characters?

Attached: intro-1557949097.jpg (780x438, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NGLxoKOvzu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But Carol is the best and is Yea Forums's favorite character, so who are you talking to?

Attached: carol-what.png (488x621, 435K)

Because she’s such a pissy snot about it.

Just because you have an independent streak doesn’t mean you need be snippy and terse with everyone.

>doesn't take pleasure at the sound of Skrull screams
#notmycarol

Attached: 1552964374969.jpg (1988x3056, 1.78M)

>>Why dont you like bitchy female characters?

fixed that for you

Oh but I do.

Attached: Jessica_Jones_Season_2_Promotional.png (543x887, 588K)

But I like Wasp, and Scarlet Witch

Her partner dude was human but they didn't explain why

No offense to Brie Larson but she was heavily miscast for the role. Whenever I see her as Carol, all I can think of is a bunch of executives in a room talking about how they need someone who is "cute but can be tough" because they need to appeal to the white female demographic. White females always need the world to see how "cute and feminine" they apparently are. This explains Taylor Swift's popularity.

Carol is not a cute valley girl, she's an tough as shit recovering alcoholic veteran (pre-KSD of course). Compare her to Okoye who's actress is can be tough, doesn't try to be cute, and can still look beautiful while doing it(which is ok in Hollywood because she is a black woman)

Attached: 150518_dvo_pop_full_taylor_16x9_992.jpg (992x558, 53K)

I don't like flying bricks, they are boring. I liked her story more or less, but when she tanked a missile from orbit, yawn.

I distrust independent powerful people. They tend to turn out to be psychopaths or megalomaniacs or both.

Carol Danvers Ms Marvel>>>>>>Captain Marvel

Shit character. made for the Victoria Alonso wife

Attached: 6re56bgvu.jpg (1226x646, 118K)

What did you want to say?

flop in home video sales
everyone can see now how the box office was made up

Attached: 1565756229640.png (597x499, 415K)

Girl power is a childish and outdated concept.

>what is restocking
She's been top of the home video charts since release, moron

I do. I fucking love them. I want them to hold me against the wall and sneer at me like I'm nothing and then I say something to catch her off guard. She lets go of me and I drop to my knees. Then I start saying all sorts of stuff about how I feel about her and watch as she starts blushing and then angrily tells me to shut up. Then she turns away and says she'll pick me up at 8 and flies off. I don't even tell her where I live but she arrives at my place and when I ask her how she found me, she almost says that she spied on me and watched me go home from a distance. She catches herself and decides to lunge at me for a kiss. I was expecting a date and I was dressed up but she's tearing my clothes off and pushes me to my bed. She licks her lips and I can tell she's been wanting this more than I could ever have imagined. She breaks my bed and my hips are sore and she apologizes for a couple cracked ribs I didn't know I had.

Attached: 9c0.jpg (426x341, 38K)

What Yea Forumsposting has done to this board is a fucking crime and I will never lose my hatred of the mods for allowing this bullshit.

Attached: 1512513140842.jpg (720x600, 43K)

My problem is the character direction. I think Brie could have done the character more affably but was probably being told to act haughty and guarded the whole time because that was what the studio wanted to portray Carol as.

It’s clueless pandering, if you ask me. Being unlikable means that you don’t take shit, not realizing those two things don’t have to be intertwined.

I can't understand why it didn't sell lmao

Attached: 1521587848833.jpg (661x990, 202K)

OH NO NO NO

Attached: bomb.png (1157x780, 1M)

If that were true it would just be another mystery, since it is simply not a very good movie.

I like them when they’re written to be smart and like able. Not grown children prancing around with the power to nuke a entire city.

IT MUST BE THE PATRIARCHY

It's not that. Sigourney Weaver also doesn't have an ass. And 'Alien' did just fine.

Attached: Sigourney's... upper legs.jpg (570x547, 33K)

Everything is bad in Captain Marvel

> Nick Fury is fat and it's a comic relief
No more being the vigorous young Fury we thought he would be at this time

>Skrull looks like shit and are the new friends of the neighborhood now, Feige killed the Skrulls soul

>Bad story

>Awful special effects

>Captain Marvel is a characterthat doesn't work on comics or on the big screen

>Larson is one of the greatest miscast of all time

>The directors have no idea what they were doing

It's the best comic book movie ever made. Seethe harder incel.

I like strong independent female characters, what I hate is large corporations pretending to care about social issues when in reality they just want your money. Captain Marvel could have been a lot worse, but it was just mediocre at best

We are not in the 70s desu

youtube.com/watch?v=NGLxoKOvzu4

Attached: Swalla.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Why is Jude Law not an alien like the rest of their team?

I remind everyone that it was the film that anticipated Endgame and they literally publicized it, "if you don't see it, you will not understand Endgame". People were still excited because of IW.

I actually like them, I just find their fanbases insufferable

Got any examples of that? Any who didn't get their powers, name and motif from their boyfriend?

It works better if you don't just spew out-and-out bullshit.

He is. The original Kree were blue-skinned, but the Supreme Intelligence had them interbreed with other races to increase genetic diversity in the species; the result were the Pink Kree, who are indistinguishable from humans, although they are even more physically fit than their blue-skinned brethren. Pinks outnumber blues three to one in Kree society, but the blues still look down on them.
tl/dr: human-looking Kree are, socially speaking, 'black' .

Because I've yet to see a Carol thread that didn't read like low effort shitposting.

I miss the old marvel and Ms Marvel

Attached: Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers - The Ms. Marvel Years Vol. 01-042.jpg (1988x3056, 1.21M)

Yea Forums incels don't have the brains for anything more

100% this

Because they're not female. They're inoffensive androgynous sticks written like men. Stripped of their feminine qualities and identity. As if 8t would make them lesser.

Sue Storm is a better strong female. Specifically as part of her is being wife, mother, adulterer, and sexual.

Because too often the writers either make it a point that the character is female or they only fight other female characters.

Thanks, I hate it

>two Sherlocks and two Watsons are in the MCU

>Wife, mother, adulterer and sexual
... In other words, 'feminine'. Which isn't what the current crowd like nowadays, it seems, given how they focus on masculinity for some reason.

Yep deConnick boomered this meme in 00's which was staid even in the late 90's and the cuck corp lapped up on its entrails.

I do. And if you've read the comic, she's actually independent, pretty much being forced to leave her friends behind as she moves on to each new segment of her life.

Attached: alitabody1.jpg (1960x2070, 2.43M)

Link? I wish to derive some satisfaction from reading this article. ;-)

I like them when they are written well and correctly casted.

Why is it that hacks mistake "strong female character" for literally strong rather than "fleshed out and relatable"?

Because I like women that are feminine and pleasant to be around

I would have chosen Emily Blunt
>great actress
>has proven she can play military characters
>has emotions
>actually willing to do a push up.

Attached: 6B113DAA-0040-46D4-A899-33C4249BFE63.jpg (451x750, 39K)

I do. Carol is not a strong independent character

But i do

Attached: 1471378986906.jpg (640x640, 85K)

Kek

One of the main leitmotifs is that Alita is not independent, but tied to the people she loves, in spite of her devastating power and lethal prowess.

Is the dark side stronger?
No. No. Quicker, easier.

Truly, this is the darkest timeline.

But I do like She-Hulk

I don't like bitches and cunts.