Watch the show, enjoy it but think Hughie in the show is a bitch and a shit character

>watch the show, enjoy it but think Hughie in the show is a bitch and a shit character
>decide to read the comic thinking that Hughie will be better
>he's somehow even more of a bitch and a shit character
Explain

Attached: hughie.jpg (480x409, 31K)

>Explain
Ennis believes people don't change from one day to another and will always commit the same mistakes.

God his writing in general makes so much more sense with this in mind

I loved Hughie. He’s a clueless and naive idiot but you can tell he’s always trying to do the right thing. Plus he really becomes more courageous over the course of the series right up to where he confronts Butcher during the climax.

Also, of all of Ennis’ protagonists he’s definitely the least morally corrupt.

Him being a bitch is what elevates the Boys from just being pure edgy shlock.

He doesn’t stay like that the whole book. He eventually toughens up and becomes the hero Butcher was training him to be, all the while still remaining charmingly clueless. OP can’t into character development.

some people like that. I've been waisting my life away arguing about shit on Yea Forums for almost a decade.

He kicked a wee dug

>That little speech at the end of Preacher that Cassidy gives to Jesse after he's royally fucked him over for the most pathetic reasons possible where he goes on how he used to be a shithead wifebeater, tried to be better, and whenever he thought he was past it, he'd remember what he did in the past and tear himself down reminding himself that he doesn't deserve to be happy- and end up beating her again

Real in the worst way possible.

Let me guess you've only read 2 issues?

Shove a thumb up his arse and we'll consider the karmic scales balanced

Hughie is cute and I want to rape him with my thumb.

>Hughie comes up with brilliant ideas for the other guys early in the season
>Shows up to save frenchie and black guy and gets nabbed by a flower truck
There's no consistency on whether Hughie is an idiot or a genius...

just started reading this and transmetropolitan.
fuck man, I thought comics was just pozzed garbage, but this is great.

Getting nabbed was the plan

Hughie is supposed to be a good hearted whiny bitch.

He is suppose to be Simon Pegg

Attached: Simon_Pegg_Premiere_of_Kill_Me_Three_Times_(cropped)[1].jpg (1352x1848, 442K)

What about the dude from Preacher?

He's still a bitch and him stopping Butcher was comedic because of how much of a bitch he was.

Between Hughie and Butcher, who's outlook was right?
Ennis implies in interviews that Butcher was right all along.

>Ennis implies in interviews that Butcher was right all along.
Of course he does, he's an edgy twat.

He's the exact same right up until the very fucking end where he kind of changes a bit before confronting Butcher. Dude literally repeats the exact same mini-arc over and over and doesn't develop. The other characters even constantly call him out for it!

I just finished the series, you're a shit guesser

I mean I get that Ennis is an edgelord but he might have in the point. In the long run for humanity's good, Butcher was probably right. There's even a panel at the end where two Vought guys are telling Stilwell that superheroes are always going to have the same problems. The issue with Butcher's viewpoint is one, its very unappealing in the short term which is why he seems like such a monster, and two, he wanted Hughie to have a good chance at stopping him anyway, and three, its for the wrong reasons and because Butcher has nothing else to live for. Dude was grateful to die at the end.

And that's unchanging decency of his is why Bitcher projects his brother onto him. He just can't become an asshole like the rest of the Boys.

Sure but that's beside the point, Hughie never develops or changes throughout the whole book except at the very end is what I'm saying, let's stay on topic here.

I think someone's already pointed out that Ennis believes that people don't really change.

no one could change. Not Hughie, not Butcher and not Vought.

but hughie wasnt that

maybe you're just a tasteless cunt?

Attached: RCO016.jpg (1033x1600, 367K)

He is, he keeps doing rash things in fits of rage which he immediately regrets. He does that all the way to him punting A Train's head off.

You really think volume 1 Hughie would have picked a fight with Malchemical?

>im a bad guy
>i deserve to be unhappy
>so ill hirt hit someone else and make them unhappy
Ennis is a faggot retard

Hughie and Shinji are the same character.

That's actually how some people are.

I like that Hughie is low key an insane conspiracy theorist, it just never comes up durring the whole story.

Doesn’t he literally save someone’s life during the disabled heroes arc?

Hughie is such a normal guy sometimes I wonder if he was even written by Ennis.

his face when he realizes butcher's final bamboozle about killing his parents is fuckin priceless

Attached: wee-hughie-the-boys-cover-simon-pegg-look-alike.jpg (597x894, 74K)