What's so original and groundbreaking about this show ?

what's so original and groundbreaking about this show ?

Attached: dims.jpg (1565x1116, 162K)

Attached: jewish bilby guy.jpg (264x560, 38K)

several shows star girl protagonists, like Kim Possible or Winx club

that's not answering my question

Nothing particularly, but it was pretty fun. It did something that I think a lot of cartoons these days fail at which is properly utilizing animation as a medium to break the rules of our own world and instead run off of "cartoon logic." The show is filled with clever sight gags and totally illogical events (like Bertie's boob popping off for the day after being annoyed) that carry the humor. It also has the whole thing of being completely focused on a female perspective and experience which is unusual and somewhat interesting.

The show's downsides usually come with it being too heavy handed and not balancing the comedy with the drama well enough, so jokes feel inappropriate during a serious scene or a dramatic moment feels out of place after something wacky happens. And the jokes that aren't sight gags are often just pointing out things that happen to women, as if expecting the audience to nod and laugh and say "true!"

who the fuck SAID it was, you whinging faggot

Nobody said it was original or groundbreaking

It seemed kind of eye rolling from the trailer, which is why I never watched it. It felt like the type show that would have an entire episode centered on a really basic lesson like "racism is bad" and be in your face about it, but centered towards issues experienced by women. I'm probably wrong, but that's the feeling I got from it.

Oh, it's breaking ground alright.

Attached: digging a grave.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

Attached: hoss 2.png (522x473, 268K)

muh vagina

The animation was extremely fluid which is a rare sight in digital animation

It utilized the fact it was animation really well. It was progressive but not in that unbearable way that Bojack is. The "girl stuff" all felt real and genuine instead of being token. It was funny and trippy and I honestly really liked it.

I watched one episode and was so bored I dropped it and started watching Isekai garbage as a palate cleanser.

Delusional shills try to compare it to Seinfeld and whine that it was never given a chance.
Maybe later eps are better but ill never know because the 1st was terrible.

Its not bad its just not written for men in mind. I watched through the series and can count on one hand the amount of times I laughed, but one of them was a hearty laugh so I can't say that it failed out right in what it wanted to do. It just wasn't interested in catering to my tastes, its a girlfriend show there's, nothing wrong with it but that's all it is.

There was one single scene that was actually shocking and unique and really could have turned the corner on the series when Bertie full on masturbates after a man she finds attractive somewhat forces himself on her

But they totally failed to capitalize on it and everything else was dull stock sitcom plot and dime-a-dozen feminist rhetoric.

She's programed to find dominating men sexually attractive because she was raped by an adult as a child, and that was a reaction to that. It's why she got so turned off by her boyfriend asking for a future when she wanted a man to take it for her.

Yeah that was really obvious after the reveal, but even the reveal was really lame and muted and came at the tail end of the show. And said boyfriend was never a part of any of that and was simply taken for granted the entire time, conveniently taking her back.

Because he was her beta boi, women want to be dominated then return home to a boi they're never satisfied with because they feel safe around them. It was the most depressing part of the show I just wanted them to break up because she clearly didn't care much for him

It’s a show made by women, for women, about women. Turns out women’s problems are really fucking boring because guess what, most women are insanely privileged and don’t face anything remotely as dangerous as what men have to deal with.

Well, thats how women work. Stay single and fuck whores dude. Women deep down dont really respect you.

Attached: 1565575640899.png (1000x1000, 1.07M)

Skyscraper tiddies?

>Its not bad its just not written for men in mind
You can't possibly make this excuse when half of this board exclusively watches children's cartoons that also happen to be for little girls. The show is just not very good.

You're right
It doesn't matter what the core audience is if you produce a quality product then the target audience doesn't or at least shouldn't matter

I'm part of its "target audience" and I felt as if the show offended me what with it being an adult show but it's very immature. I think its REAL audience is normies that like Adventure Time or something.

Not him but lol one could argue it wasn't made for pedos either. Don't act like co has taste.

It looks like a scene from Bojack.

It was funny and for what got paraded as a woman's show had some of the best male characters in a long time. It treated itself as a cartoon and used that for comedy while still touching drama under the laughs. It's how they get people to realize Tuca was the better girl and Bertie was her own worst enemy. The world itself was crazy and I'd have loved to see more world building in a furry toontown

If you want a better example then look at children's anime like Cardcaptor Sakura, Ojamajo Doremi, and Precure that have have significant adult followings despite being for children. Pokemon is one of the most popular media franchises on the planet and it's for small kids. People enjoying things outside of their demographic isn't a rarity. Tuca and Bertie is just a shitty show.

Its like if Bojack horseman without a hint of irony honestly.

The thing I got ost annoyed about it was similar to my problem with Jessica Jones where I get that we don't see women lead (as in written and created by) shows but did the thrust of the narrative really have to revolve around sexual assault? Is that all that there is to the experience of being a lady? Its also never a good sign when my reaction to tittis isn't "Oooo there are titties" but instead "Oh thats what this shows going to be"

Weird thing about animes popular w adults is I don't see as many kids into that shit. And the shit kids do love adults hate, like current SpongeBob and Titans Go. I try to get my lil nephew into studio Ghibli shit and he just waits to watch his lil YouTube stuff. And I'm not mad at it because I know I'm not a child so I can never get it. I don't see kids losing their shit over Pokemon but teens do and millennials.

Sorry I still don't buy your argument. Cause on tv there's all those dumb "movies women don't get" threads glorifying mediocre movies with the target demo being men that as a result women don't care for. So while I do buy that something really great will appeal to those outside the target demo as well as those in. I think something can be pretty good even if it only appeals to the target demo.

And overall I don't see you solidly criticizing the show other than "I, as a man, don't care for the show that's aimed at women therefore it's gotta be bad. And men like things like mlp, which is certified good, so it's not like some narcissistic thing"

Anyway honestly haven't seen the show lol. I was just wondering what others thought if it's worth watching. I guess I just think your thoughts are kinda dumb and wanted you to know.

>what's so original and groundbreaking about this show

e netflix show getting canned in one season is pretty groundbreaking desu

I expect more cancellations in the future

so many shills on this thread

>It looks like a scene from Bojack.

Both made by Lisa Hanawalt

Vagagnas. It did have some tonal issues but as someone with 0 vagunases I think it deserved another season at least. But I guess we need 12 more seasons of the the ugly naked children show.

>Weird thing about animes popular w adults is I don't see as many kids into that shit.
I'm not a Japanese child so I don't know how things are there, but I'm pretty sure children are watching it. It's just that the adults are the ones forming a community around it and actually still discussing it past its run. Kids aren't buying Umakoshi's artbook, adult otaku who are fans of the show made for little girls are.
>I think something can be pretty good even if it only appeals to the target demo.
Sure, I'll admit that. Not everything is universal, nor should it have to be, but that doesn't mean I am unable to criticize the show just because it isn't specifically targeted towards me. Most of my problems with the show are outside of the writing, anyway.

The speed at which it got cancelled

it was a poop and beer and sex show but with girls

>And the jokes that aren't sight gags are often just pointing out things that happen to women
female_comedians.mov

It's one of those "woman leaves guy because he's boring but he welcomes her back when she changes her mind" things? Lame. If it wanted to have guts he would have already been with someone else and she'd have lay in the bed she made alone

How about she tries to get back with him but he's already with a different woman who's just a palette-swap of her named Gertie, underlining that she is his "type" and she was foolish to give him up so easily.

There's a "bird in the hand" gag in there, too.

It changed my viewpoint in that I want to have sex with a bird.

Birds don't actually have tits, user.

but they do have breasts

Check and mate.

Nothing groundbreaking really. Though I like the wacky animation the story wasn't original either.

Speckle had his moment where he blew up at Bertie and she not only sat there and took it, but even said he was 100% right. After being a doormat it was a show of guts for him and a wakeup call to Bertie that she was on the brink of losing him. Unfortunately we never will see her start to turn her life around like we did with Tuca.

>It's one of those "woman leaves guy because he's boring but he welcomes her back when she changes her mind"
No, actually, he blows up on her when she gets home after being gone for two days without calling him, and this is right before christmas, he leaves and she has to go to him to apologize, she clearly does love him but her own bullshit keeps getting in the way of simply talking to speckle, they finally talk a bit and fuck but things arent fixed, I assume the second season was going to tackle more of Berties communication issues and what they want as a couple

That's the world we live in now.

Every new show or movie that stars a woman is now the first time that has ever happened. And if it is cancelled we have to pretend no show will ever star a female lead ever again.

made me chuckle