Spider-Verse

Discuss the best animated movie of all time.

Attached: f8a.png (3192x1380, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MatthewACherry/status/1161710748717875200?s=20
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

his shoelaces are untied

it's a choice

How can anyone say "Nothing is perfect" when this movie exists?

Did someone say best Peter Parker thread?

Attached: image392.png (489x593, 249K)

BASED

Why is she so breedable?

Attached: 9.jpg (850x1245, 146K)

the fact his dad is a regular cop just trying to give his family the best he can is such a good addition to miles background.

>shaved sides
>breedable
more like designated butt slut

Attached: 562.jpg (1700x1196, 293K)

why not both?

Maybe it's just the vehement racist in me, but I found it kind of unbelievable how Miles magically gets competent in the span of 10 minutes

Didn't have too much of a problem with that, the movie did shit on Miles a bit. What did turn me off a bit was how Miles and his dad just deface public property as a tribute to his uncle.

>Shadman

Theres no way jefferson didn't get permission for them to do the mural there.

Attached: shadman.gif (293x289, 1.99M)

music fucking sucked but everything else was good

rap doesn't fit well with spider action

Didn't his dad say they'd do "legit" street art when he promised to bond with him at the end?

She’s a flaming lesbian,user

It's an unpleasant trend in contemporary #activist #writer media. Diversity heroes and heroines are just automatically good because it's powerful and empowering. They have no flaws and don't struggle or work for their skills. It's tiresome.

A lesbian is only a woman who hasn't met the right dick yet, user. Blast a few ropes into her baby maker and she won't ever crave Arby's ever again.

He spent the movie learning how to get acustomed to the powers. I assumed that it was like how someone learns to ride a bike; it's hard as hell when you start, but once you click with how it works it becomes simple.

I thought of it as making "better" street art, not "legal" street art.

twitter.com/MatthewACherry/status/1161710748717875200?s=20

not that version of her though

It's funny how much she looks like an oc Shad would make.

Attached: mememan.jpg (1000x1277, 749K)

If that had been the case, she(he) would low-key have a dick

>rendered in beautiful artstyle

I must respectively disagree. Spiderverse looks like mixture of cell shading CG and flash animation. Both of which I find visually repulsive. The fact that the design and animation are such an eyesore is the soul thing from keeping me from seeing that movie. Everything I've seen about it is just so fucking ugly.

Attached: D4E1BCF2-27BB-4CB3-8877-AC202B276D3F.jpg (2518x1024, 447K)

Or how Miles getting his powers coincided with him defacing property with his super villain criminal uncle

Comic is a D
Movie is an A
Miles makes it a C

Based Miguel. The OG Latino Spidey.

Attached: 965499.jpg (600x926, 128K)

This movie made me care about Miles so good for it I suppose.

Oh shit, we have to take away that Oscar because this user did not like the artstyle or saw the movie

Fucking retard go post that shit in your blog

Best Spidey ever, got to carry Thor’s hammer, just bought that same comic the other day, love it.

What was the point of Gwen, Peni, Noir, and Spider-Ham?

Should’ve just been a nice story of Peter mentoring Miles after the original died.

Seriously, they all just hitched a ride

He spends most of the movie flailing, it's only when he finally lets his instincts takeover for the finale that everything "clicks". It's certainly more earned than what most people would have done.

It's better than hyper realistic texture Pixar knockoff #261 at least. You can tell a lot of love went into the animation from the sheer amount of tiny details alone. Not to mention it's one of the few comic book movies out there that actually try to emulate a comic book in presentation.

Nah, you're just racist.

He didn't magically became good.
At first he gained control of his specific abilities because, as they constantly told him, he had to relax and focus. Which he only was able to do after he sorted out his personal problems with his father.
Then, when he first put on the black outfit, the music and directing made it seem like this is where he shows off how awesome he is now, but he was still falling down a few times on his way to the collider. Then when he was there at the climatic battle he was quite good, but remember what Peter said near the beginning of the movie: You learn fastest when you're near death danger. In other words, it was foreshadowed.

My personal problem was that not only has he all the same powers as the others, but ALSO two additional ones. If he weren't still a newbie in this movie, he would so overpowered

>best
>when anything related to multiple spiders is shit on default
Shit taste, OP

To hammer down the idea of "anyone can wear the mask".
I didn't mind them, they added some humor and allowed different art styles to be displayed.

Attached: 1560989340899.jpg (1063x2300, 981K)

Tumblr is that way chief

>what is WHAT'S UP DANGER

>"anyone can wear the mask"
Horrendous idea, defeats the entire purpose of Spider-Man

Nah they do schemes to get street artists permission. Wasn't that last one literally on the police station?

novie miles made his own suit? when?

>"anyone can wear the mask".
Wasted trips. That wasn't the point of the movie. The real message of the movie is "What makes you different is what makes you Spider-Man"

>"anyone can wear the mask".
why do they keep trying to make everything a fucking mantle. shit is so tarded.

while moviemiles he didn't make the costume himself, everything else is true

but miles had flaws and struggled. he had to be beaten up by everyone (including a cartoon pig) in order to rise to his true potential

You can't have a movie about black without rap music. What are you, a racist?
t. rich white sony executive

I don’t know what kind of tasteless idiot you’d have to be to dislike this thing. You could watch the fucking thing on mute and it would still be an incredible movie.

I don’t know what kind of brainless idiot you’d have to be to like this thing. You could watch the fucking thing without any previous knowledge of Spider-Man and it would still be a deeply disrespectful movie.

>NOT MUH

But all versions of Miles suck.

>Horrendous idea, defeats the entire purpose of Spider-Man

No it doesn't, fuck you 90s kids.

Yes it does, fuck you 00s kids.

the initial idea of spidey was doing good out of guilt, spiderverse just turned it into banal predestined shit like everything is nowadays. Of course the oddest part is Miles seems to be nothing but the death keel of peter, that's it he doesn't bring anything unique to the franchise beyond that

Overrated movie.

>Made his own suit
Doesn't he just spraypaint one of blond Peter's suits?

>Spider sense
She's got the essteedees, dont she?

Shut the fuck up you desperate white knight

Yeah, and then he lies to Gwen all "Thanks, I made it myself!" But he did indeed spray paint it black, do the reds and the spider logo.

He sucked at useing his powers for most of the movie.

Exactly. And even with basic knowledge of his powers Kingpin was still kicking his ass for the most part.

I hated this shit.

It sucks.

Perfect design.

Attached: 1564407007276.gif (440x440, 3.19M)

Why

Based dumbass believing generic, corporate "anyone can do anything" schlock for very personalized characters.

He wasn't in the movie

Attached: japanese-spiderman-1120120.jpg (640x336, 38K)

That is reason why peter become a crimefighter.

But, spider-man is just a another identity. He's not like batman, that thinks he is his persona. Unless, he become crazy like batman.

Why do you have to be specifically Spider-Man to be a hero? Can't they operate under their own brand and do the same amount of good?

>made his own suit

He spray-painted one that Peter already made. Otherwise this seems accurate.

Portraiture is better

Next time please

Super overrated
>Lame Kingpin
>Miles was boring and never well characterised

Prowler was cool and Gwen was super cute. Peter B Parker was my favourite character and I felt the whole way through that he could’ve been a better lead protagonist - FAR more interesting than miles

Attached: 4596B370-48BF-4FD4-8CB9-57C4CA523F9C.jpg (400x400, 25K)

>never well characterized

except that all he did, he was constantly given depth and feeling, motivation and every store point echoed off him.

You make it sound like he didnt' speak throughout the film and t-posed from A-B

Maybe I’m just a faggot but I never really connected with him that well, except maybe the part with his uncle

That's because you're racist.

The reason peter does what he does is because he feels guilty over the death of Ben
Miles does it because he feels guilty over the death of peter
Gwen does it also because she feels guilty over the death of peter

Your three leads all have the same exact emotional motivation. Miles isn’t an evolution of the brand he’s a devolution bringing nothing new to the idea. Both Miguel and Mayday had different motivations for becoming the crime fighters they became yet they’re constantly getting buried

Overrated and overhyped

>best animated movie
Frozen?

Attached: perfection.jpg (708x1024, 110K)

Tbf some of the other characters have unique abilities. Spider-Ham is a cartoon which means he can do anything. Peni is a tech genius. Peter B. is a veteran at being Spider-Man. Spiderman Noir has detective skills.

>funny mememan/loli-drawfag/Nazi skeleton

Attached: rutroh shadman.webm (718x720, 973K)

>closet pedo nazbol skeleton that gets mentioned a lot

Attached: schadman.gif (478x490, 1.95M)

The reason for Spider-Man is with great power comes great responsibility. Peter has that guilt because he didn't heed those words. It's about doing the right thing given the chance not because you feel bad.

Why does Japan like Spider-Man so much?

>"What makes you different is what makes you Spider-Man"

Kind of a self defeating message when you need to build and maintain web shooters.

I mean if even normal everday cops screen candidates and still wind up hiring corrupt assholes then handing off the mantle to ANYONE bitten by a radioactive spider seems idiotic.

But he uses those words as a catalyst for his guilt of not doing what's right the first time he needed to to save his uncle ben. Absolutely his creed is the best explanation as to why he does what he does, but the emotional attachment to those words are primarily guilt based. It's why Mayday was a great follow up to Pete because she is really the fruition of everything he fought for a believed in

Same reason the mexibros do, Great costume design on top of strong familial ties that define him and push him to greater things.

Wtf was the point of Gwen telling Miles that she was older than him? Line was so out of place.

It's almost like capeshit is better as a source material and nothing more since adaptations need to focus on cohesive and concise stories instead of constantly blueballing and cliffhanging to sell floppies and trades.

Glad Miles finally got his time to shine though.

"You didn't actually make it unless you handstitch it yourself"

DIY dads/moms are fucking liars then

No one heard of cared about or read about Peni Parker before this movie

Plebbit is that way Miles

This post is absolute fact.

>"You didn't actually make it unless you handstitch it yourself"
That's what Peter did

He doesn't need to tie them since Spiderman doesn't need to walk.

Peter is and has been established as a near genius science nerd who was able to make web shooters around high school. Miles just seems to be a smart, but not savant level kid

Also Peter originally had those web winglets so he clearly has no good sense of style (unlike Miles) :^)

He didn’t

Miles Morales would be nothing without his suit. His suit is admittingly dope. Take that away from him and give him another suit and no one would read it or like it or care.!

Man this movie was way overrated. Only good thing was the animation, but that was it.

Into the Spider-Verse is just more evidence that comics are only useful as a test bed for characters and concepts that will later be put to better use by writers that actually know what the hell they're doing, in mediums that people actually give a shit about. The comic version of Miles, like the comic versions of Iron Man, Civil War and Captain Marvel, is really just a prototype.

Still got my copy of issue 1. It's a bit battered but I love it.

Motherfucker better be in Spiderverse 2 like they hinted at, need my Cyberpunk Spidey now.

Cyberpunk Spidey and the Cyberpunk world of 2099 is the shit

Attached: 8C328208-CF53-47D3-83F5-7B9868E5FB20.jpg (990x299, 97K)

>diversity hire "designer" just gives Miles Peter's suit but in the incredibly popular symbiote color scheme
>"WAAAOWW Miles is a creative genius"

Easy there, it's just a drawing.

Attached: 1560976948626.gif (154x273, 1.97M)

>Miles was boring and never well characterised

Agreed, he doesn't win based on who he is just that he had a power no other spider person has.

Peni is my favorite Spider-Man.

Attached: 38AD7F79-D88F-4B08-8D75-E7CD9FAB4556.jpg (778x1027, 65K)

This is also true, the suit makes the character, without that dope suit miles is nothing

No one knew of her before this movie and the only people who like her are pedo weebs. Which is the worst kind of weeb.

Ackshully, they're ebophiles

I don't think Marvel has an Italian woman quota to fill.

Reason to be a crimefighter =//= reason to becoming spider-man.

He chose becoming spider-man because it's a persona at wrestling event.

Would be better if she didn't have spats.
>supreme faggot
Fuck off, panties are infinitely better.

This. Hopefully he'll get a solo movie.

>Made his own suit.
You mean, took one of dead Peter's hand me downs and painted it black, then passed it as his own.

Works for Peter parker.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 95K)

This worth a read?

Got curious to see what Peter's name was on the cover

Attached: Billy Barker.jpg (1920x796, 983K)

Come to think of it, there was so much shilling for Marvel comics in this movie.
>let me tell you my story
>shots of Marvel issues dropping on the screen
>happens more than five times

>Both Miguel and Mayday had different motivations for becoming the crime fighters they became yet they’re constantly getting buried
Both had their day in the sun. Hell, Miggy is still having his day with him possibly being in the next movie.

>there are comic books in this comic book movie

>soul thing

>Miles does it because he feels guilty over the death of peter

He was forced to be spidey, he will either die or become a hero.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 93K)

because were all the same and special

He wasn't forced to be spidey he just waited until it was to late than took the name.

If mayday had half the backing that Miles has had she'd be on her 300th issue today. Miles is a little fucker whose been given everything on a silver spoon yet still doesn't even have one good story to his name

Yet Miles as I said before is not the reason she isn't popular. Remove Miles and you still have Spider-Gwen and Silk taking the "female spider-hero with ties to Peter" hook. Anne took her "Daughter of Spider-man" hook and she isn't that interesting outside her own alternate future like Miggy is.

She was popular enough to have a series hit 100, just because editorial is pushing a character doesn't make them popular user. No one knows who silk is and Gwen just got another series waiting to be canceled, hell her book was the only book advertised in the Marvels epilogue. Literally Mayday is everything Marvel wants in a character and its annoying to know that marvel will never acknowledge that

This, the reason Mayday is forever brushed aside is purely editorial and is for the same reason we got the steaming pile that was One More Day.
Things like being married and having a teen daughter ages Peter Parker, and we can't very well have that, apparently.
Hell, the fact Peter's so popular in Spider-Verse makes it even more infuriating and glaring that it really was purely an editorial choice based on nothing.

>Things like being married and having a teen daughter ages Peter Parker, and we can't very well have that, apparently.
Until Marvel saw how Batman and Superman had sons and people liked that, so they did this.

Attached: Amazing_Spider-Man_Renew_Your_Vows_Vol_2_3.jpg (790x1200, 384K)

He didn't waited, he clearly didn't want the mantle until he slowly got into it.

Frankly, miles get bully into being spider-man in the comics

He takes the role after peter dies out of guilt. No one knows he has the powers until he starts using them. Spiderman isn't a mantle its just a name peter lucked into Miles should have his own name

I still am annoyed that they did a time skip in this book, it was going fine until then I still don't see what the point of it was.

Yeah it's funny, if you look a the comics and see how Marvel has let characters that are half as popular progress while keeping pete in limbo it gets weird. Nova has a kid despite popping up 15 years after pete did the second antman has a grown daughter just about and the power pack is in fucking college now. Wasn't the entire point of having an ultimate universe to keep popular characters younger while the originals grew a bit more. It's super annoying that bendis used that to kill off pete to replace him with black pete 8 fucking years later and he's still done nothing interesting besides be in a decent movie that fucking ties a noose around the franchise forever

You literally says that he waited.

yeah he gets his powers at some point when peter is still alive and doesn't use them until after peter dies. Its funny to think that we don't know the time frame of Miles getting his powers in both universes, its almost as if hes a hack character written by a jew who knows you would eat this shit up without caring about the details

Women are part of affirmative action

>renderd in beautiful artstyle
the low framerate cheap production looked like total ass.
It was a company litereally seeing if they could cut corners on animation, and it got praised for it. I can believe how much the sheep ate up that ugly shit

Attached: dreamstime-s-32711748.jpg (670x490, 36K)

Based and racist-pilled

No one will ever come close to Based Miggy

>best animated movie of all time
>This is what zoomers actually believe

That's pretty funny

Attached: sensible chuckle.gif (250x250, 993K)

That’s actually not a bad design on the shirt

i do agree with your point, but i dont think miles is a good example
he actually suck and get shited on during all the movie until the end where everything he had learn (and after growing and getting some emotional development, not mentioning being trained by 4 spidermans) everything clicks and he endup actually doing a good job

recently saw spiderverse, is it wrong I want olivia octavius to be my mommy ?

Attached: octopussy.jpg (474x256, 17K)

DON'T BE A STRANGER