With loot crate dying how bad is the comic book industry going to be hit?

With loot crate dying how bad is the comic book industry going to be hit?

Attached: FB-TW-opengraph-1200x600.jpg (1200x600, 350K)

Quick rundown on loot crate's situation?

It was stupid and nobody bought it

This is still around?

The only thing I give a shit about is no more Ashens Lootcrate shitposting, but haven't watched him in awhile
Why the fuck would you let random people send you shit to stuff you might care about when you can just spend money on shit you actually want

>Loot crate sells off its remaining stock
>Distributors can't sell to them
>No one really bought Loot Crate anyway so it's not a big deal
>Price for niche shit goes up
Something like that?

That and having several different crates

Loot crates were full of random bullshit and 99% of people who bought them didn't give a shit about comics anyways.

The company went bankrupt and apparently people bought it recently because they promised to ship remaining boxes out. I’m just as surprised, and I don’t know why the comic industry would take a big hit because this box obviously wasn’t a successful business, nothing really related to comics besides “geek culture”.

TFAW used to do grab bags with random trades. They were kind of fun because you might get something you haven't read before and find something you liked and if you didn't you were only out $3.
They stopped doing them though.

What’s wrong with Ashens? It’s the novelty of whatever he gets. He’s trying out weird food and shitty plastic “tat”, it’s entertaining and I don’t see what’s really wrong with it.

Doesn't surprise me that they're starting to fail now. Most of the shit they had looked like they came straight from the clearance bin of a gamestop and hot topic.

They would pack in issues with certain crates and list those as "sales"

It was only good for Marvel to inflate their comic sales of issues to look good on charts. Otherwise it was just a glorified grab bag that you had to pay money for. I'm sure there will be some things in those boxes that will be worth money in the future.

I love Ashens
I got burned out from the YouTube game as a whole and haven't really watched anyone in like 2 years. Watching some of his new vids though and he's always great

The sales of loot boxes is part of a comics sales. It's really what got Star Wars #1 over 1 million.

It was a fad. I remember everyone talked about it in 2014-15. But like every fad does, it went down because how snotty their service was

Weren’t Loot Crate one of the first of these stupid things? So with them going down, the whole subscription box “industry” is sure to follow, correct?

Not necessarily, because some subscription boxes actually have good or useful stuff in them that you would want of you're subscribed to them.

Loot crate's problem was that it was full of random shit from different franchises that you probably don't want.

Niche ones will probably survive
It's the end for large, all over the place ones like this

Are there any good comicbook ones?

It I'd some good stuff. But thus has nothing to do with the comic industry.

People only went crazy for it if there was a exlusive Funko or some special figure. They did have some really weird random stuff. Sometimes it was really dumb that if people knew it was that item they wouldn't have gotten it. One random item was Freddy Kruger chop sticks

His Wish.com video are good. He recently built a PC by ordering parts from there, just to see how it would, if it could, run.

thats because it did