SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS Cast Updates

>Simu Liu as Shang Chi.
>Tony Leung as The Mandarin, Shang Chi’s father and the leader of the Ten Rings.
>Awkwafina is reportedly playing Fah Lo Suee, Shang-Chi’s evil sister who is loyal to The Mandarin.
>Casting is underway for Leiko Wu, a government agent assigned to stop the Mandarin and Shang Chi’s love interest.
>Casting is underway for Clive Reston, a government agent assigned to stop the Mandarin and Leiko Wu’s partner and ex-boyfriend.
>Casting is underway for an African-American character codenamed “Adam”, who might be Midnight, Shang-Chi’s evil adoptive brother.
>Casting is underway for the “the ruler of a distant ancient kingdom” and “the loyal general for the king”. While some people speculated that could be Namor, it is far more likely it is for SHANG-CHI and relates to the backstory of the Mandarin’s magic rings.
>Fing Fang Foom will appear in the movie.

Attached: Shang-Chi.png (667x615, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

radiichina.com/marvel-shang-chi-china-backlash/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Midnight Sun
Based

Attached: Midnight Sun.png (850x1284, 1.99M)

>fing fang foom
Fuck yes

This is starting to sound better and better.

are we finally gonna get a good MCU fight scene without jump cuts? (Black Panther's long take and awkward CGI fights sucked)

Simu Liu is a martial artist/stuntman and they've hired The Matrix's cinematographer. I'm hopeful.

The MCU will never do anything that satisfies you or quells your incessant bitch-talking, so why don't you jam a squirrel in it?

BASED

SHANG GANG 2020.

>tfw i wanted fing fang foom for ant man 3
i'll take it i guess

>no sources at all

Why people buy into larp shit is beyond me

Why don’t they cast Tony Jaa?

>Awkwafina
HEY SHANG CHI! YOU WANT SOME WEEEEED?!

We all wanted Mandarin for Ironman

Kek her voice is so scratchy

watch them make him Wakandan

the line between Iron Fist and Shang-Chi is getting blurrier

hopefully normies won't care about Shao-Lao being another dragon when he gets his inevitable movie reboot

Source

Wouldn’t be surprised, he could be retconned as a spy

I’m telling you guys, Shang Chi/Ironfist vs Fin Fang Foom/Mandarin would be great

there's a two year ban from using any Netflix characters.

2021-2018=3

AWW SHEEEEIT

>Awkwafina is reportedly playing Fah Lo Suee, Shang-Chi’s evil sister who is loyal to The Mandarin.
If they don't have the rights to Fu Manchu how do they have Fah Lo Suee?

Fu Manchu should be in this movie, just as an Asian

>Fu Manchu should be in this movie, just as an Asian
The hell does that mean?

Attached: Immortal Hulk (2018-) 005-019.jpg (934x695, 247K)

The reason there is butthurt over Fu Manchu is that he was played by a white guy in yellow face and the guy played a very stereotypical character

Let’s be honest: nobody here cares about the character Shang-Chi; you all just want to see The Mandarin do cool shit with his rings.

You can't really make this kind of assumption in good faith. For example, a relative gave me a box filled with old comics back in the 90s, a ton of which were Shang Chi, and he became on of my favorite characters. People encounter media in all kinds of unusual ways.

Nice projecting fag

1) That has nothing to do with my point about not having the rights to Fu Manchu, and
2) There was controversy with Fu Manchu since before they started making movies about him. And you do know that, even though he was played by white actors, he was supposed to be Asian, right?

We also want to see Fin Fang Foom and Iron Fist

>Awkwafina
She sucks. Literally find someone else

>And you do know that, even though he was played by white actors, he was supposed to be Asian, right?
.....that’s kind of the point of what I’m saying, just make him Asian actor this time and no problems. Even Shang Tsung was modeled on Fu Manchu

development would have already been done for the Shang-Chi movie

>She sucks
But does she swallow or spit?

Just found an article about it, weird clause to have in that contract. Feels like it should be nullified since Netflix chose to discontinue the deal, but hey I'm not a lawyer. That means that can't begin production on anything with Iron fist until mid 2020. So you can film a post credit scene I guess.

>just make him Asian actor this time and no problems
That won't solve all the problems. He's an Asian evil mastermind who is bent on world domination in a way that was originially designed to play on the fears of white people that the east will overtake them as the dominant world power. You have to be really careful writing that kind of character. To the writers' credit, the original Master of Kung Fu comic handled it as tastefully as you most likely can, but it's still a risky character.

As what?

That's why they should've just stuck with how they built him up in IM1 as an insert for Osama Bin-laden. Update the character for a modern audience like they did with Yinsen. He should be a towlhead, sand-nigger instead of a chink.

Question:

Are there any good martial arts movies that are not rated R in America?

"Legend of Drunken Master"/Drunken Master 2 R-Rating
Iron Monkey: R-Rating
Basically any Bruce Lee movie: R-Rating
Ip Man: R-Rating
The Raid Redemption: R-Rating (That one is understandable, though, since it's basically the plot of a typical R-Rated action movie)
All that Tony Ja shit: R-Ratings, everywhere, even though one of them is about rescuing an elephant
Kung Fu Hustle (a comedy, ostensibly): R-Rating

Putting aside how shady this is considering the kind of shit that gets a PG-13 (sup BVS), what does this imply for the movie:
A) It will be a bad martial arts movie, because it has to be PG-13, and apparently all good martial arts movies have to have R-Ratings
B) It will get a PG-13 because Disney's making it, and whether or not the action is any good will be a completely separate issue

Attached: images (1).jpg (214x235, 10K)

>Fin Fang Foom
*insert muffled hype scream*

>Leiko-Wu

GEMMA CHANNNNNN.

The only way I could see it not being Namor is if it's Yu-Ti and The Thunderer. If it's a deliberate K'un-Lun connection.

>He's an Asian evil mastermind who is bent on world domination in a way that was originially designed to play on the fears of white people that the east will overtake them as the dominant world power.
Oh you mean like what’s happening right now? Also you’re saying that Asians can’t be evil or world dominators? Ask Africa.

Just have K’un-Lun materialize in Asia

Even if they had the rights to Fu Manchu, no fucking way would Disney use him. Too strongly associated with old stereotypes by name alone.

>asian people can't be portrayed as villains

I still can't believe this absolute who of a character is actually getting a movie. Asian market really must be huge. Here's hoping we actually get a good action flick out of it.

Feige's been wanting to make a Shang-Chi movie since 2006.

Most of the movies you listed are R rated due to either language or drug use, neither of which greatly enhance a martial arts movie. There is nothing inherently R rated about Kung Fu movies.

Most people would associate the name with the mustache

what an ugly asian. should've got the guy to playing Snake Eyes instead.

Yeah I think his early list was Ant-Man Iron Man, Iron Fist and Shang Chi

>want more out of these movies
>"why don't you shut up and consume!"

The MCU is made almost entirely of previously "absolute who" characters nobody cared about before their respective films came out.

They've renamed all of them

wrong its not midnight it might be blue marvel

blue marvel for wandavision

Boomer nerds love Shang-Chi, it'll be kind of similar to the very old ladies that went out to see Shazam

More of a gen x thing but yeah this

Blue Marvel for the trash can.

Boomer means anyone over 15 now, zoomers have no clue about anything from before 2005, that's all one category, 'the past'.

Boomer here, you're both incorrect.

It will be Marvel's first flop unless they can get some star power or MCU cameos to come aboard. Sorry.

You should have had this as the top of the list.
Amazing.

You can portray a Jewish person as a villain. But if their motive is to control the money supply of the world, that's suggesting something. You can make an African person a villain, but if you design them to be a cannibal who wants to eat explorers, that's suggesting something. We both know what the stereotypes are. We both know what people's racial fears are. Don't play dumb.

lol no boomer talks like this. kys fag.

>Why shouldn't the story suggest something racist? I'm racist, and I already believe those things!

He had an ongoing solo series for ten years, very few of the current mcu cast did the same in that time period.

What is it "suggesting"? He's a mystical mad scientist. Black Panther had literal spear chuckers running around with rings around their neck and "futuristic" buildings with thatched roofs.

The funniest part is he will be the same exact character just renamed. Just like the Mandarin is.

>What is it "suggesting"?
I already told you man, in my comment that you got offended about.
>He's an Asian evil mastermind who is bent on world domination in a way that was originally designed to play on the fears of white people that the east will overtake them as the dominant world power.
Am I not allowed to say White people were afraid of the "yellow peril"? It's true.

user is stupid/willfully ignorant. It's already kicking up a shit on Chinese social media.

>It will be Marvel's first flop
Just like Black Panther was going to be, right?

It's kicking up shit because chinese think the choice of girls are ugly

tell that to the MPAA

>>Why shouldn't the story suggest something racist? I'm racist, and I already believe those things!
China is colonizing Africa, harvesting organs from still-living prisoners, genociding the Tibetan people, and eroding Hong Kong’s autonomy. Mao Zedong has killed more people than anyone else in human history.

Fuck China we need to be way more scared of them then we are.

>Pray that we get an accurate Iron Fist movie series down the line, that adheres to his origin and he's Caucasian.

>Awkwafina
This is a grown-ass woman with a burgeoning movie career.
Change the stupid name, it's not like her rapping was any good in the first place, other than brownie points due to being a minority and not much else.

Does she even know martial arts?

>>Awkwafina is reportedly playing Fah Lo Suee, Shang-Chi’s evil sister
Just made my biggest sigh of relief since I saw people speculate she was gonna be the love interest

Redpill me on Fing Fang Room?

Haha fucking room.
Foom.

Doubt it, she's probably there for comic relief. But you never know, she could take some training.

Who is his love interest? Mii Fuong Yuu?

Why not Leiko as the flirtatious potential love interest?

He's a martial artist stuntman. That's what matters.

Holy fuck imagine being this retarded

> We both know what the stereotypes are. We both know what people's racial fears are. Don't play dumb.
>black Panther exists and wasn’t a stereotype
>hurr durr you can’t have a bad Asian guy be bad in asia hurr durr
>implying Asians in Asia are as pussified and care about the racism shit. They don’t.
Only dumb one is you. Get over it roundeye.

And worse off they have no white European guilt so they’ll take and give nothing in return

She’s the token famous Asian who can’t fight in an Asian Kung fu movie

This sounds boring as fuck to be honest.

>Awkwafina
Does no other Asian woman exist? Why is this unfunny talentless whore in everything?

Wish they would cast Kya Tropic

Err, user....

radiichina.com/marvel-shang-chi-china-backlash/

If you're arguing it'll flop on obscureness alone, we already had the Guardians of the Galaxy proving that's not a problem. The MCU brand's good enough they could make a movie out of the most obscure character you can think of and it'd sell.

This. As long as it has Marvel next to it it’ll make money

>One issue that has irked some netizens is that Marvel’s casting for the movie deliberately distorts Asian beauty standards, with a number of commenters denouncing Simu Liu and Awkwafina as “very ugly.” The cast of Shang-Chi is being compared with that of the forthcoming live-action Mulan. “How come they could choose Liu Yifei in Mulan, who is widely recognized as a representation of Asian beauty, yet not [get it right for] Shang-Chi?” writes one netizen, accusing Marvel of purposely trying to make Chinese people look ugly.
Based Chinks only care about looks, this is why Star Wars failed in China and why Finn and Rose were so unpopular. You can get away with a lot in China if you make everyone look good to their standards.

>not wanting based Fu Manchu

Attached: 69E4A5C9-6549-4E6E-9909-32D3311A134A.jpg (440x620, 59K)

>Boomer means anyone over 15 now
Nice try but people in their late teens-early 20s are still zoomers. Stop trying to cram the Bieber iCarly Xbox 360 generation into the old school.

Those people are all mid 20s now

Think he'll hijack some of his father's rings?

People in their early 20s are most definitely not zoomers.
If you're in your early 20s and grew up playing N64, Gamecube, Pokémon, and watched Ed Edd n Eddy and Powerpuff Girls, you're old-school.

Idk what I am I was born in 92 so a lot of 90s kids to me are young fags. Now it’s kids from the early 2000s who are coming of age

Ain't gonna happen, bro.

they could just be introducing him in this movie. Keep your hopes up user. the MCU would be stupid not to do a kaiju movie.

>Fin Fang Foom
noice

Fing Fang Foom isn't going to be a dragon/look like a dragon because it's religiously offensive.

>Religiously offensive

??

Fuck this whole post, he’s a fucking SPACE DRAGON and a FARMER

Attached: 788AE6AA-CFA7-44BA-92C5-9786F02502E6.jpg (1041x1600, 520K)

Captain America winter soldier had great fights scenes.

Awkwafina is somehow the only Asian to defy the stereotypes of agelessness. She looks and sounds like she 40 sucking down 40s and smoking 2 packs a day

Attached: 8AAED29C-ACDB-4FAB-890C-689AD697B4AC.jpg (968x681, 37K)

I read that Awkwafina was actually Miley Cyrus wearing an Asian mask.
I think people are running out of conspiracy theories.

She sounds like she mouthsexed an ashtray

Miley’s feet aren’t nearly as big. Still a decent conspiracy.

Holy shit that might just be real

So they'll definitely do a callback to IM3 with Ben Kingsley right? It'll be just like the flashbacks in Far from Home, except they'll reveal that he read about the Mandarin in an old book he found or something and thought it was fictional so decided to adopt the character.

Or that The Asian Mandarin was funding the work of the American Mandarin

Coming from the country that made Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Cho Yun Fat and Maggie Cheung stars, it's a bit rich.