Webshooters or Organic Webs?

Attached: WEBZ.jpg (460x298, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/29/scientists-discover-spider-species-that-feeds-its-young-milk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitting_spider
youtube.com/watch?v=N9eK-p806DQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Orifice that spits out fully-formed webshooter mechanisms.

organic webs that need to be shot out with mechanical webshooters.

i change my mind this is better

Attached: 1532848977551.jpg (837x463, 60K)

Organic webshooters because it fits with him actually having spider powers instead of basic bitch super strength and wall crawling

>Aerobic
>Super strength
>Super intelligence
These aren't unique traits among super powers and are overrepresented among popular superheroes not named wolverine

He can climb naturally though.

I'm sick of this goddamn thread, and the fact that it will reach bump limit. The answer is mechanical, and anyone who says otherwise is a goddamn casual faggot.

Attached: 1459387680874.jpg (426x304, 20K)

Webshooters adds more.
Organics only make him feel "more spider-y" which is ultimately nothing.

>anyone who says otherwise is a goddamn casual faggot.
The reverse is true now, Raimi was damn near 20 fucking years ago

I have no idea how people wanting organic can even begin to justify having a web gland conveniently mutate right inside his wrists except by ignoring the problem altogether and deflecting to every other example of comic book powers that don't make sense.
>it fits with him actually having spider powers
It's still a power even if it's an artificial power. Having a web gland in your wrist wouldn't make much sense as a random organic happenstance. Artificial engineering of a device that you use in a convenient location like your wrist alternatively makes a lot more sense, which is probably why that's what he has.

Attached: BIZARRO.gif (365x274, 867K)

Webshooters is objectively best but i prefer Organic wrist vaginas

with the mechanical webshooter argument, it's the fact that then ANYONE can just strap a webshooter on and be spooderman

>but but the OTHER POWERS
yeah? well why not add the fucking organic web glands as well then? jeezus

Organic webs that he shoots out of a gland near his butt, but which he then loads into mechanical webshooters because NO ONE MUST EVER KNOW!

Attached: oops.gif (268x160, 1.24M)

They'd just be some guy with Webshooters then, not Spider-man.

>It's still a power even if it's an artificial power.
That's the point, it's artificial and it takes away from the whole "SPIDER" part in SPIDER-MAN.
>hurr durr doesn't make sense
if you're reading capeshit and expect things to make sense then you're just retarded

The silk gland is actually in his ass (or if we wanted to be truly anatomically pedantic, it would probably be located at his perineum), but he has no protruding spinnerets to weave it into silk thread. So it just goops out when he tries to make silk.

He has to make mechanical spinnerets and uses canisters of pre-milked spidergoo (if this were an AO3 fic, he would do this by jacking off into them), which means he can still run out of spidersilk whenever it's most convenient to whatever hack who's writing this comic.

There, problem solved, is everyone happy?

Attached: spider-anatomy.png (1148x503, 421K)

Nobody is happy.

>is everyone happy?
No.

>if you're reading capeshit and expect things to make sense then you're just retarded
Called it:
>I have no idea how people wanting organic can even begin to justify having a web gland conveniently mutate right inside his wrists except by ignoring the problem altogether and deflecting to every other example of comic book powers that don't make sense.

>it's artificial and it takes away from the whole "SPIDER" part in SPIDER-MAN
No it doesn't. There is literally nothing about artificially created abilities that "takes away" from anything. If anything, artificial development adds to the character because he had to actually invest time, effort, and thought into getting his power.

Spider-Man isn't the Fly. No creepy biological horror bits.

I prefer organic, even though it sounds dumb on paper. Mechanical just gives him an unnecessary weakness, if they're ever broken or run out, like the cartoons tend to do with him.

No. Shut up about the ass webs you uncreative dickhead.

>or run out
Why can't organic shooters run out? Why can't they be bruised, or burst when he's hit/punches too hard?

Webshooters is better because it establishes Parker as a genius and allows for him to run out of ammo.

Because they just don't.

What if it came out of his dick instead?

>Mechanical just gives him an unnecessary weakness, if they're ever broken or run out, like the cartoons tend to do with him.

I honestly think that is a good thing. Spidey is pretty strong and it has ALWAYS been his failings that defined his place in the greater Marvel picture.

He's already good in strength, movement, durability, senses, can stick to walls, a precog, a genius who has decades of experience as a costumed adventurer, has teamed up with everyone, and extreme popularity power. Running out of web isn't much of a weakness unless he blows through crazy amounts.

>Because they just don't.
That's stupid.

Attached: murderface.jpg (210x240, 7K)

Because they never use that as an excuse or weakness to exploit when he has organic shooters. When he has web shooters, they constantly use "they got damaged/he ran out of cartridges/he forgot them" as a fucking way to nerf him in a fight. Also it's easier to destroy/damage/steal those things than it is to say break Spider-man's wrist or some shit.

you can suspend your disbelief for characters crossing dimensions or time travel bullshit or characters able to bust planets and shit with ease yet you can't do it for "man organically shoots webs off of wrist"?
> There is literally nothing about artificially created abilities that "takes away" from anything
It devalues the whole "SPIDER" part in spider-man. He just has wall crawling which literally every insect can do and makes for a boring powerset.

Having organic webshooters at least helps him feel more like he has actual spider powers. Artificial web shooters aren't very unique, literally any faggot can create them if they're smart enough.

>It devalues the whole "SPIDER" part in spider-man.

Absolute brainlet take.

Attached: wrong.png (500x400, 234K)

They are something he understood how to make because he was bitten by radioactive spider.

Is this why they changed Wolverine from having his claws surgically implanted to just being adamantium coating over natural bone claws?

It is a nearly identical change. I remember my older brother nerd raging over the bone claws back when they were new.

>They are something he understood how to make because he was bitten by radioactive spider.
You don't need to get bit by a radioactive spider to instantly understand how web shooters work. Literally any marvel scientist can build one. Artificial webshooters aren't unique to Spider-Man himself. Having organic webshooters makes his powerset more original and something special only to Spider-Man. It also does away with the bullshit of his web shooters breaking every 2 minutes into a fight.

That "bullshit" adds more than it subtracts. Superheroes SHOULD have weaknesses.

>yet you can't do it for "man organically shoots webs off of wrist"?
It's all about the set up and if you can understand everything that goes into it.

Sure, thinking about crossing dimensions and shit seems extreme, but it's pretty easy to handwave it with "lol magic", which we know exists in-universe. Same with characters destroying planets and the like because of (bullshit I hate) things like power levels and what not. Thinking about a gland in Peter's wrist that contains enough goo for him to shoot out and swing around the city with, then fight his rogues with just rubs me the wrong way. It either has to be a MASSIVE sack in his whole forearm, or he's converting a gargantuan stack of calories and nutrients into organic web all the god damn time. You get rid of all of that with mechanical web.

Now, fault the writers for relying on him running out of web to make him job all you want, that is lazy. But it's so much easier to not get autistic about the anatomy of Peter's arm if he has mechanical shooters.

Now, I expect someone to counter with "Herp derp, if you like thinking about his body how is he so strong, but still so tiny?!". I don't like that either, but that is a classic "super hero" trait that goes all the way back to humanities original "super strong" characters. I guess that one gets a pass because of tradition.

He did this out of the materials a poor high school student would have access to.

spider-man has radiation powers, not spider powers
fuck totems

And Spidey has enough weaknesses already without having a "if you break the one toy he has that he's so reliant on, it effectively cuts his effectiveness in half"

I wouldn't have a problem with the web shooters, if Peter wasn't so damn reliant on them to "be" Spider-man in the first place. Yeah, he does have abnormal strength, heightened senses, great reflexes, and can stick to shit, but other heroes and villains can do similar or greater things than that. The webs are what truly define him, as much as people don't want to admit it.

Well if he wasn't a basic bitch he could have 8 limbs.

>But it's so much easier to not get autistic about the anatomy of Peter's arm if he has mechanical shooters.
Or just dont get autistic at all about it.
it's impressive but again literally any marvel genius can do it. It's not a super power that's specifically unique to "Spider-Man".

Strip away the web shooters and his most basic powerset comes down to basic super strength and wall crawling which is boring. His webs is what makes him Spider-Man

>Oh noes!!! My web shooters are fried!!! Guess I'm just sort of strong, stick to walls, reflexes man, now!!!

>Or just dont get autistic at all about it.
Do you know where you are, and what thread you're in?

True, artificalfags are brainlets

>His webs is what makes him Spider-Man
>Having an organic grappling hook and net makes him who he is.

Sounds pretty boring, desu.

>sounds boring I'd rather just have him only stick to walls and just have peak human strength instead

Does that mean Nightcrawler is Spider-Man with teleportation?

He also can react to vibrations in the environment far better than any normal person.

I'm just saying that "the thing that makes this guy who he is", is a grappling hook and a net.

Batman would be a better spider man.

Pretty much.

Pete doesn't sound all that impressive compared to other heroes/villains without his webs, now does he?

Organic web is retarded. His powers aren’t just “basic bitch” super strength. His legit actual superpower is Spidey-Sense, which is a form of precognition. With that alone and regular intense exercise he’d be good enough to be a super hero, mix in the Super strength and you have one of the most impressive fighters on the Planet. Reed Richards, the smartest man on planet earth came in his pants watching Spidey fight during the OG secret wars.

The point of the webshooters is to show Peter is smart.
He doesn't defeat enemies with just strenght, he uses his wits and intelligence.
There's a What If issue where Flash Thompsons becomes Spider-Man and dies against the Vulture due lack of webshooters

organic

Attached: venture-bros-brow-widow-pants.gif (500x281, 2.77M)

He already gets outlifted the strong guys, outran by fast guys, and outpsychic'd by big brains. He is cool because he is a nerd who annoys badguys so they make mistakes or figures how to get around being outclassed.

What if he wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider? What if he was bitten by a regular spider and coincidentally was exposed to magical radiation that gave him super-strength and wall-stickiness that he erroneously ATTRIBUTES to the spider?

Attached: spiderbitepete.jpg (520x347, 18K)

>His legit actual superpower is Spidey-Sense, which is a form of precognition
ah yes, the one superpower that breaks down more than artifical webshooters and almost. never works. Forgot spider-sense was an actual thing because of how useless it is
>The point of the webshooters is to show Peter is smart.
Really? All it shows is that he'll probably forget his web cartridges or that it'll malfunction in the middle of a fight due to how shitty it is.

You don't need artificial webshooters to show that he's smart. You can show him being smart by outwitting his opponent or using the environment he's in to his advantage.

Peter
Tingle

>Really? All it shows is that he'll probably forget his web cartridges or that it'll malfunction in the middle of a fight due to how shitty it is.
Real talk when was the last time this happened?

Attached: Heroes-and-villains-448x500.png (448x500, 531K)

He's been doing this spider gig since 1962, I think he's got it down by now.

This is a problem with poor writing. For example, Dan Slott, who immediately took it away. Spidey-Sense is an amazing power not just for the character to have in the story but to visually represent on page. When used creatively it’s a boon to the story and I could list dozens of examples where it’s done well story or or artistic wise, just like Daredevils Radar sense. It’s literarily THE superpower of Spider-Man, and you are a retard and possible homosex for not understanding this.

Attached: whatisthisanimageboardforants.gif (500x281, 493K)

Organic webshooters are for Miguel O'Hara, Pete does well enough with his mind. Biowebs are boring as hell compared to tech webs unless you're gonna be a freak about it (like Miguel's condition)

Claiming Spider-Man is magic avatar of a spider because he fights a lot of furries. Ignores that his archenemy is a a folklore devil instead of an animal and doesn't explain guys like Shocker, Electro, Mysterio, Boomerang and Kingpin who don't have animal motifs and Hammerhead Morbius being suspect.

>peak human strength

He has far more than peak human strength. Also you completely ignored his precog abilities.

But breaking the shooters allows for variation in combat encounters as well as an excuse for certain plot-necessary behaviors.

If you think people over-rely on breaking or running out of webbing that's one thing, but not having that option is not an improvement by any means.

I mean anyone can be spiderman user

Superheroes have NEVER been just about what powerset they have and whether it is unique. Being a down on his luck, pretty average dude is what more what defines spiderman than his abilities.

he can just make an arsenal of web weaponry to make him smart
and the spider buggy

well that and he also makes thread like a spider

The Spider-Buggy wasn't even made by him.

>Attach web shooter to arm and jump from a building
>Arm rips out of your socket and you plummet to your death

if you really want spidey to be a smart guy he should just make his gadgets and vehicles out of things he just so happened to find and slap his gimmick on it
like mcguyver but with alot more prep time

every rendition of a spider man that has swung from building to building was just able to do it and those who dont swing use web wings
its a comic book character user

This
Spider-Man is a good dude and kind of a goof, and either doesn’t realize how smart and strong he is, or downplays it. One of the things Slott did right in Superior was make Otto a beast when he got the Spider-Bod. Even in his guest appearances in other people’s comics he was treated as a serious bad motherfucker who was only undone by the residual villain ego. It was like watching Peter grow up but be a dick, and start running at a ruthless optimal efficiency.

It's both, he was a young dude dealing with big life issues and he had powers dropped on him out of nowhere. That was his appeal, he shows who he is by dealing with things, unless the writing is shit, then he's just a power fantasy winning all day.

And I mean, Spider-man is more than just shotting web, or his superpowers for that matter.
If somebody takes the webshooters then that doesn't automatically make them Spider-man, even if someone else tries to take up the mantle they still aren't Spider-man in the way Pete is Spider-man.

Because they have stronger bodies than anyone

Do people believe that a spider's silk gland and anus are the same thing?

A girl spider with her web glands in her breasts so they deflate when she runs low.

Why didn't he become carnivorous after getting a bunch of spider traits?

I’d prefer web shooters as it shows ingenuity to invent, build, and maintain the equipment.

He eats meat all the time.

But nowadays nearly every superhero who isn't explicitly stupid can do all of that

Why the fuck wouldn't they run out? You can't spit forever, you can't sneeze forever, you run out of fluids to eject at a point

Mechanical. A single X-ray or MRI of his arm and his secret identity is immediately out. Depending on how all that extra shit in his arm works, it might shift his blood vessels noticabley if he gets blood drawn. And that's all suspending disbelief that somehow he has all this extra shit grow overnight and not fuck up the extremely delicate and sensitive nerves and muscles in the wrist.

you say that as if X-rays are more common than other methods of observation that would immediately clue a doctor in to abnormal muscle strength

No, it's just that that's waaay closer to where it's located on a spider than the wrist, which is frankly a ridiculous location biologically speaking.
And also it makes some anons angry when it's mentioned, so now it must be mentioned regularly..

I don’t agree, most people can barely make costumes let alone intricate gadgetry

This is a day and age where superman, wonderwoman ect having PHDs doesn't sound shocking to anyone

Smallville, getting a PhD? That'll be the day.

>A man with a superbrain and magic royalty
Meanwhile Miles and Kamala have their own "tech guys" in the form of his best friend and her orbiter.

Almost heaven.
Wrist vagina.

The original will always be mechanical, so the casual faggot answer will always be organic.

That image makes me the opposite of happy.

Mechanical webs are better because he can get versatile with them. Organic webs would really only do one thing.

People think mechanical raises the stakes but it doesn't. Organic means if Peter runs dry he has to spend days eating meat and water to get it back. No quick fixes

He doesn't ever run out with organic and you know it

Organic webs. I've never liked webshooters because it encourages bad writing.

The original concept for Peter was that he was a super-genius, and the webshooters were a useful way to demonstrate that. Raimi wanted Peter to be more "relatable", so he made Peter just "gifted" but not a super-genius.

Logically he would run out faster because he can only produce as much as he can eat

If anything, he shouldn't have much capacity at all. I mean, it's not like his wrists have enlarged growths on them, so his web sacs would have to be small enough to not cause any significant changes to his body visually.

I'm a Raimifag. Also I like the idea that his powers are innate, and that he demonstrates his smarts and wits on an episode to episode basis rather than by making some sort of wrist semen canon.

You say that, but Raimi's Peter regularly acted like an idiot.

>Artificial web shooters aren't very unique, literally any faggot can create them
But to use them properly, you need the agility and reflexes, which they do not have.

Spider anatomy is too all over the place for a 1:1 location.

Fuck, there’s a spider that literally lactates. From the pubic mound equivalent. Pic related.

So unless Pete’s nipples are nestled beneath his pubic hair and May Parker has an udder, you can put the webbing anywhere you want.

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/29/scientists-discover-spider-species-that-feeds-its-young-milk

Attached: 8EB77980-070E-41B0-B326-8BA90AC5183E.jpg (1242x831, 95K)

Shouldn't be an issue with guys like Wolverine running around pulling entire bodies worth of materials from the meat dimension

Webs come from the wrist because he was bitten on the wrist. The other hand has a mechanical shooter to balance out.

>Shocker
Kangaroo rat
>Electro
Eel
>Mysterio
Psychadelic frog
>Boomerang
Clearly a weaponized Bonobos
>Kingpin
Whale

nigga, it's capeshit powers, it doesn't even make sense in the first goddamn place. Peter Parker conveniently mutated into a spider-like mutant after being bitten by a radioactive spider. The dude should've gotten some sort of fucking super cancer from it, but instead he's got super strength, spidey-sense, and can climb on walls. Like seriously, is having a fucking web gland mutate right inside his wrists a goofy addition on top of all how it's convenient that he doesn't have super cancer, but instead super powers?

Attached: 1549673700086.jpg (384x385, 20K)

So can fucking crickets but he's not named cricketman

There are spiders that shoot web from their mouths and use it to snare mobile prey
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitting_spider
There is no actual rule on where the web gland is on a spider, it's just adapted to be on the most convenient spot for their lifestyle, close to the rear end

b-b-b-b-b-but user! if Peter was so smart he could develop a super strong adhesive fiber it would make no sense because the best scientists in the world weren't able to do that!
--Sam Raimi

For the millionth time, the entire point is that Peter can give it up at any time.

>Organic means if Peter runs dry he has to spend days eating meat and water to get it back.
You mean "he can gain and lose webbing whenever it's plot convenient with no pretense at all."

organic because i hate how he sometimes would forget webshooters or the cartridges in the cartoon to create drama.

You can at least argue he can fake that because lolcomics. Spinnerettes would be noticed immediately.

No reason he couldn't have both

>Spiderman's most iconic power is actually just a gadget that anyone could strap on and use
Fucking dumb. If you're so concerned about portraying Peter's intelligence why not make the wall-crawling an invention of his that he built in to the suit?

So you're saying that he needs to shove a webshooter up his ass. Gotcha.

>Spiderman's most iconic power is actually just a gadget that anyone could strap on and use
Same for Batman.
Same for Green Lantern.
Same for Green Arrow.
Same for Thor.
Same for Iron Man.
Same for Hawkeye.
>B B B BUT NORMAL PEOPLE CAN'T USE THOSE
Normal people can't web swing, and nobody can web swing as well as Peter because they lack Spider Sense.

I like the hybrid approach: the webs are created by Spider-Man's body, but not in a way that's useful of convenient for his use. So he harvests the silk from himself to load canisters for his web shooters.

Where the webs are actually produced would never be explicitly stated or shown, a running gag. But it would be implied that it's embarrassing. (Real spiders produce silk from their ovipositors, ie their genitals.)

>You now remember that one of the teasers for the first Raimi Spider-Man movie had him spin a giant web between the twin towers of the World Trade Center to catch a helicopter full of bank robbers.

>(Real spiders produce silk from their ovipositors, ie their genitals.)

Wrong.

>close up to spidey as he says "geez, good thing it wasn't two airliners hijacked by arab terrorists, lol just kidding that's a coverup for a controlled demolition done by the government"

How did Sam Raimi get away with that?

Interestingly, even while a hero's rogues gallery tends to be filled with "on theme" villains, the archenemy that naturally emerges is usually way off theme. I'm not sure why.

Iron Man is another example: his bread and butter is fighting guys in armor suits, but for whatever reason the guy with magic rings became his arch-nemesis.

>magic rings

Didn't the Mandarin find the rings in a crashed spaceship? Pretty sure they are tech that he claims as magic.

new take, he has super cancer, the webs are like the pus that forms around the bite.

He's turning into a spider hive.

new take, you actually get a life, have sex, and stop posting stupid shit on the internet

If he's the only spider-man, I'm good with mechanical. If it's a spider-verse scenario where they all have web-shooters plus each one having their own niche power like Miles or Ben, then I feel like Peter needs something to distinguish himself from the other spiders and organic webbing seems like a good way of doing that without changing the character too much.

First one then the other
Organic that he augments with mechanics, it lets Peter be smart but also explains why he isn't a millionaire for selling web fluid that can stop someone like the Rhino to the police and military
All Peter's tech only works for him, the Spider Trackers ping his Spidey Sense so only he can track them, the web fluid is produced by his body so he can't really sell it

There are mutants and mutates with far more ludicrous biology so saying that it doesn't make sense for him to mutate web glands in his arms is just fucking cherry picking when Hulk and Wolverine pull mass out of nowhere and guys like Sandman can turn into fucking sand

Being the OG is what sets him apart.

Webshooters.

Anyone who says otherwise is not a real fan of Spider-man.

Organic.

Anyone who says otherwise is an old fuck who doesn't like change.

>Change
>Hasn't been done in a meaningful way for over 10 years now
Which makes its proponents even stranger.

mechanical always, there is way more application that you can use with mechanical than you ever could with organic. Different level of webbing strength and size, globs, silk like string, rope thick
Alternative types of solutions for acid/absorbing/flammable webbing
not to mention Mechanical means peter has a way of breaking up the solution in case something goes wrong and accidentally webs up someones air way

what are the benefits to Organic? >oh peter never runs out of webbing
WRONG it would be nearly the same but instead it would be Ow i hurt my wrist or oh no i didn't eat enough to make webbing

Why do people in spiderman theads think spiders shoot their webs out of anything particularly disgusting when they teach you what Web glands are in kindergarten?

That's what we already have only 10 times more erratic

We question spiderman's Web fitting in his forearm but not wolverine's claws remaining concealed when they slide up his wrist?

>Spider anatomy is different
>therefore you can just make it up as you go along
That's a weak-ass argument and you know it.

People did, but we've had several x-rays.
Basically they kind of contract to fit between the radius and ulna and then expand when going through his wrist.
However it needs to be a straight shot or else it'll come out wrong. We've seen him snikt with a bent wrist atleast once and it results in it shooting through his hands.

Attached: i2S3B.jpg (680x180, 38K)

Webshooters. Those wrist pussies/assholes always looked disgusting to me. Webshooters worked well for 40 years, and just because some movie director can't make them work in his movie doesn't mean the whole concept is flawed or wrong.

the spider-sense is the worst part, overpowered trash

>Gets bit by radioactive, spliced DNA spider.
>It's bit mutates his DNA to give him super strength, walk on walls and super sense.
>But organic web shooters is to much.

They could just break his wrists.

It's just people set in their ways who don't want anyone to change anything about their favorite character, same reason why they try to keep Peter as a down on his luck student working at the Bugle it's what they grew up on so that's all they want

Admittedly the majority of organic posters are the exact same having come in on the Raimi films or shortly after the Other storyline where Peter briefly had organic shooters in the comics

The only true answer is to merge the two since it gets rid of a few glaringly obvious plot holes, appeases the traditionalists, keeps Peter as a genius without making him too stupid to market his inventions and helps reinforce the Spider theme. I mean seriously super strength, agility, wallcrawling and precognition doesn't exactly scream spider anymore than it screams gecko or beetle or any of a dozen other animals

Organic. I hate Sci-fi shit so the less gadgets Pete has the better. I don't give a shit what your primate brain thinks is realistic.

>Hate scifi shit
>what's essentially a high powered aerosol can filled with super glue is too scifi
>Radioactively mutating to have extra organs isn't

>Plot hole
You didn't point out any plot holes, everything you stated are just arbitrary preferences.

>It's just people set in their ways who don't want anyone to change anything about their favorite character
It isn't that. The reason I don't like the idea of organic web shooters is because the wrist makes no sense at all for a random biological mutation to place a web gland inside. For that to happen you would have to start wondering what magic entity or secret immoral scientist made that happen in a way that was only disguised as an accident because it's way too convenient otherwise.
In contrast wrist makes perfect sense as a location Peter would deliberately choose to locate an artificial web shooter, which is probably why that's exactly what the comics went with.
Here you go:
youtube.com/watch?v=N9eK-p806DQ
Plausibility and realism / possibility are distinct concepts.
Yes, none of Spider-Man's powers are realistic or possible in the exact way the comics present them.
But no, being able to climb up walls is NOT implausible from the standpoint of someone reading a fictional story. You can easily entertain the idea and it doesn't raise any immediate immersion breaking questions.
Spider web gland in the wrist instantly breaks immersion because it can't possibly be an accident.
The actual web gland isn't going to be located in that way with regular spiders, and while it's plausible a web gland could be part of what Peter gets from the spider bite the ONLY reason for wrist location would be because of how convenient it would be as a location *were he able to pick it himself*. Which is exactly what the artificial web shooter solves for.
It'd be like having a story where the protagonist gets past the villain's security system by randomly typing keys and accidentally getting the password right. Superman being able to fly isn't more realistic than that, but it is more fictionally plausible and less conspiratorially convenient.

Attached: CrankyKong.png (550x623, 332K)

You don't find it convenient at all that the abilities given to him are completely analogous to skills that spiders have and are still functional on a human being?

Are you saying he should have the literal strength of a spider instead of the proportional strength? Like someone should be able to kill him with a newspaper?

The strength of a spider standing at 6 feet tall would be impressive but still weaker than the proportional strength of a spider simply due to square cube law

Spider muscles and human muscles are fundamentally different because our limbs have radically different origins. There is no reason why he would gain any physical strength at all. It's too convenient. What are the odds that the hydraulic musculature of a spider magically translated to the tendon-and-bone acclimated musculature of a human? It just seems like a convenience so that his powers actually work and are useful to him.
It goes both ways

And to add to this, super-strength and climbing walls are pretty generalized concepts. They aren't conspiratorially convenient. They aren't really possible in the exact way the comics present them, but they don't point to any sort of deliberate design.
It goes back to the randomly pushing keys and conveniently happening to get a villain's 20 character password right. In a way, this is way less impossible than the stuff Superman does like just straight up flying without any sort of propulsion just by staying in a standing type position. But it's way more suggestive of contrivance. Superman's power doesn't make you think "I wonder who crafted his ability to start doing that." It's just a fantastical power because of impossible alien biology. Getting the password right is completely mundane in the sense you can press keys that are the same as the keys needed for entering a password. But it constitutes a blatant demand for further explanation if it were to happen in a comic.
You would, as the reader, be sitting there waiting for that explanation. Did he know the password because he deduced it from some trivia about the villain? Did he use psychic powers to get it? etc. If the comic just left it at "hey, I guess it right for no apparent reason, that's helpful!" it would either be a non-serious joke comic or else you would still be expecting the real answer to turn up later on in the story.

It would be stronger because of the square cube law. If it were weaker the 6 foot spider wouldn't be able to support its own weight.

It's about how deliberate it seems. Again, all these cases are impossible. But the wrist location for a web gland is just screaming out "why did it show up here of all places?" Strength and wall climbing don't have the same immersion breaking problem. They're just impossible, not impossible in a way that makes you wonder why some conveniently specific event took place.

>superpowers don't include the one thing spiders are most known for
Organic. Otherwise he may as well call himself insectman, his other powers are pretty damn generic.

What is with this attitude that technology doesn't count? How does having the ability to shoot webs being mediated through technology make it not count as the ability to shoot webs? What's so special to you about having this be a construct made out of biological cells inside hollowed out wrists?

This

>I'm sick of this goddamn thread, and the fact that it will reach bump limit.
Is this user psychic

Why hasn't a university done a study of the link between autism and comic fandom

The original spider-man will always be white.

I thought the whole gag is Spiderman doesn't have any actual "spider" powers.

Precognition, Super Strength, and Magnetic Molecule Manipulation are not directly spider related.

Attached: 1463742740-18bwnhv7py5kvjpg.jpg (480x356, 30K)

Fuck, you know all of those are fucking handwaves for why they don't work exactly how they do on spiders right?

Both. Organic webs are what Parker used in his early days as Spiderman, but this webbing had to be produced by his body and thus if he ran out of webbing then:
A. It was very uncomfortable, having a sensation very much like dehydration and/or having your stomach violently emptied after vomiting; only in your fucking arms where such sensations should not exist.
B. Energy intensive. After using a lot of web, Parker would feel tired and hungry, needing to eat to regain the lost mass as well as rest while his body produced more webbing.
C. Inflexible. Only two kinds of webbing could be produced: sticky and non-sticky (much like real spiders). Early on, this was good enough, but tricks like making a fully made spiderweb in one blast was impossible. Single strands of web only, again sticky or nonsticky. And the sticky webs were the most unreliable, as the gland that produced the sticky quality in the webbing would run out of juice before the web-protein producing glad would. Imagine trying to travel across NYC via webslinging, and all of a sudden the ends of your web strands no longer stick to glass. Very inconvenient.

Thus, Parker build an artificial webshooter later on based on his own body's webshooting chemicals and processes; only now more complex webs could be made instantly on demand and the web/sticky juices could be reloaded via cartridges. Also perhaps things other than the natural web could be shot out, such as webbing lined with conductive particles to create a taser. Of course Parker doesn't solely rely on the artificial webshooter, but does make a certain amount of effort to make his opponents/the public believe that he only has artificial webshooters - thus enabling him to avoid any mutant racism connections as well as trick enemies into thinking that if they disable or destroy his webshooters (or if he runs out of web juice for them) then he is completely without webs entirely.

tl;dr Both is always the best choice.

Attached: 1333093919921.jpg (317x427, 31K)

Man, it's rare to see anons post such reasonable, well thought out arguments here anymore. I feel like I should call you a faggot, but instead I'll just say thanks for making the board less shit.

But you do still agree that he is in fact a faggot, right?

Well, he posted, so he's one of us. Especially in this stupid rehash thread, we're all massive faggots here.

Attached: 20180920_175127.jpg (720x1316, 355K)

I wish he had the more exotic spider powers, like acid spit, shooting his hair like quills, camouflage.

Or just terrifying the shit out of robbers by coming out of a hole and grabbing them

>Or just terrifying the shit out of robbers by coming out of a hole and grabbing them
See, as fun as Trap Door Spiderman would be, it's not exactly viable in NYC.

He could disguise himself as a pile of street trash and just wait for a rapist in an alley

>Mechanical just gives him an unnecessary weakness, if they're ever broken or run out, like the cartoons tend to do with him.
They're cool. I mean Spider-Man is actually supposed to be ridiculously powerful even without any webs or tools whatsoever. So giving him mechanical webshooters typically allows the writers to not undermine his other abilities.

Manhole covers

>Thug runs down the street
>Runs past a grate
>Grate is flipped open
>A web twhips out of the darkness and drags him into it
>Another web twhips up and places the grate back in place
>Spider-man is never seen
>The only reason anyone knows he's Spider-man is because traumatized criminals say that's what he is, leading to a lot of extrapolation as to what he looks like

Attached: 76b03990a283c689b3_image.jpg (1200x1317, 354K)

>Because they just don't.

Attached: spicie meatbal.jpg (287x253, 15K)

To be honest that is the most in depth explanation your likely to get for why any given superpower doesn't come with the massive downsides they would actually have in real life

It writes itself.

Writers should be hamming up the does whatever a spider can portion of his themesong and just have him take down criminals the numerous other ways spiders hunt.

Psychic webs.

Attached: 1278230-34.png (395x547, 555K)

Basically this. He's supposed to be SPIDERman but has to artificially create the one power that directly has to do with spiders? Lots of other things have wall-crawling and danger sense

I like the homebrew webshooters better because it sort of solidifies peter as a man who uses science to solve his problems and it establishes his character as intelligent.

Attached: 1553115911357.jpg (383x286, 28K)

DOES Yea Forums LEGITIMATELY BELIEVE SPIDERS CAN SPIN WEBS INFINITELY WITHOUT BECOMING EXHAUSTED?

>Build a revolutionary new non lethal take down device in his bedroom
>Still poor and struggling paycheck to paycheck
>Intelligent
Say what you will about Slott and all the Parker Industries shit but at least he acknowledged that Peter should be Tony Stark level rich with the amount of shit he's made over the years

I mean it's comic books almost every super hero is some low key genius creating entirely custom hardware in their bedrooms with literally none of the required tools to do it.

I get your criticism but I feel like every comic book has holes if you pick at it enough. Unless the story sets itself up as realistic then you're going to run into this.

It was a mandate from Sony that he have organic webs as part of James Cameron's original Spider-Man movie deals alot with him freaking out about his powers. Raimi just agreed and Stan thought it was cool.

It's happened multiple times in the past

>I get your criticism but I feel like every comic book has holes if you pick at it enough. Unless the story sets itself up as realistic then you're going to run into this.
Which is the same shit you can say about people taking shots at the realism or organic web-shooters
It's a fucking comic book why does it matter, just pick you plot hole and be done with it
It's either "Why is Peter still living paycheck to paycheck when he's built riot controls wet dream" or 'Why would web sacks be in his forearms and why don't they run out"

Attached: 1452374728494.jpg (632x437, 94K)

you had me legit in tears user, well done.

That's why the hybrid approach is best. He makes the web fluid organically, and bottles it up in canisters to use in handy wrist-mounted web-shooters because it's faster and easier and doesn't leave him hanging in the air by his taint. And when anyone asks he just says "yeah, I just invented it okay, shut up."

Spider-Man is an incredibly powerful super human martial artist and athlete that can go toe to toe with even a lot of heavy weight super humans with his physical abilities alone.
But unlike everyone else, he also has his spider-sense, and it puts him above and beyond all the rest.

He doesn't rely nearly as much on his webs as some might think. If anything his web's biggest assets, are as an effective means of transportation. As a method to more easily peacefully subdue others without harming them too much. And saving people remotely.
But to win fights? They help but they're seldom necessary. They just makes fights cleaner and smoother.

Why? It doesn't really add anything it's just web shooters with extra gross shit.

Pretty sure there were multiple papers presented but the universities knew that was retarded and a waste of time that wouldn't get them famous

Well if you scrolled up more you would have found a couple of canons that actually mentioned his autistic brother

It has neither the "how come he's not rich?" problem, nor the various wrist-gland problems brought up in this thread, like the absurd location of the gland, the lack of space, the fact that he can't possibly store any sizable volume of web fluids in his wrists, etc. It fixes everything, and it's not any more gross than wrist pussies unless you're five years old and anything being anywhere near the butt is funny and gross to you.

*the lack of space meaning that he can't possibly
Editing derp

Hey dont you talk shit about cricketman

Attached: 6164fFRoTzL._SY679_.jpg (452x679, 26K)

Anyone with spider powers can web swing retard. Even symbiotes can do it. Spiderman's mechanical webs can be worn by anyone. But Green Lantern rings and Thors hammer picks CHOSEN people. Anyone can be Batman or Ironman by wearing a suit. Spider-man should be beyond that but you got 50 other spiders doing the same shit. Spider island was a thing too.

Many of Spider-man's fights rely on his webbing skills. You can't touch Doc Ock without trying up his claws. And in a gang-fight or vs Venom, you will need webs to slow them down, take them down, and save hostages at the same time.
Also, slinging webs to take away dangerous weapons from foes or throwing back projectiles is a thing.

He's not rich because he got shot down when he first tried and even so he'd have to forfeit his secret identity.
>Why isn't he rich
Isn't really a problem, especially not now that he pretty much got a job using his Spider-shit and even his own business....then lost it.

So you watch Venture Bros and took it one step further.
Way to be original.

>he said while shitposting in the three hundredth organic/webshooter bait thread

Attached: originality.jpg (1910x1070, 271K)

Why even make the web-shooters be in his ass, just put em in his wrists and if anyone asks why tell em to go fuck themselves

It's like asking how does Glob Herman work the answer is fuck you that's how

Attached: Glob Herman.jpg (307x420, 77K)

So I'm not original?
What are you even trying to say?

What’s more believable? A kid who invented the strongest material in the world that supports his weight while also several tons or a thick organic substance that is super strong and was a result of radioactive gene mutation?

my question is why do spiderfags pretend to be comic book purists and then say shit like "organic is better than artificial"

Attached: 1457031142665.jpg (201x240, 6K)

Because they dont or they're liars.

Why not have him invent the wrist shooters and if anyone asks why he's not a billionaire tell 'em to go fuck themselves?

The whole thread is filled to the brim with unoriginal shit, it's pretty dumb to point at one specific turd and say "that's unoriginal!" when you're floating in the bowl with hundreds of them.

When did a kid invent adamantium?

Beast boy makes less sense than spiderman with organic webs, and you never see anyone questioning how he breaks the laws of physics, why he can only change into animals, and why when he changes into extinct animals they don't line up with science kek

Isn't he magic?

Because people can relate to having a low to virtually non-existent income and people who have experienced economic hard times would know that if you had something that valuable to sell in that type of financial situation any normal rational real life person would do it in a heartbeat

It's easy to rationalize a comicbook mutation, it's much harder to rationalize the selfish stupidity of sitting on a million dollar idea while you and your elderly relative are about to be evicted, or can't pay medical bills, or tuition or any of god knows how many plots involving Peter not having money

It's easy as fuck to rationalize when a running theme is Pete must make the hard decisions that result in him and his loved ones suffering because the alternative is more fucking suffering.
In this case, he just says fuck it and aggressively tries to sell his web fluid, gives up a secret identity. Alternative is NO SPIDER-MAN or the eventual death of everyone he's close to simply for money.

So is spiderman

Nah, he's Science. That magic was just a hiccup.

This. He came up with the spider theme himself and the webshooters are created to fit into that theme.

>Because people can relate to having a low to virtually non-existent income
This is false, that's why the MCU spiderman has billions of dollars of help

webshooters

organic is just to gross, imagine being wrapped up like bitch in the equilvalent of his snot/cum, imagine the smell alone

Attached: webbed.jpg (1988x3056, 1.64M)

Spidey shooting organic webs is fucking disgusting.

I like mechanical because it makes spider-man something he created and became, not something he was granted
He didn't need to have a spider motif with super strength, heightened senses and wall-crawling, it's something peter parker chose

try cumming 800 times in 1 day

>relate to having a low to virtually non-existent income and people who have experienced economic hard times
Then why are all Marvel's heroes well-off dilettantes these days?

Organic.
As terrible as The Amazing Spider-man was, it pointed out the plot hole.
If Peter makes them, then all anyone has to do is collect a sample and figure out what its made from.
Then find out whos been buying/stealing/interacting with those materials.
Plus as much web as he shoots, he'd run out almost immediately.
Plus web is more spidery than wall crawling, super strength, and spidey-sense.

That's not really a plot hole in comics since it's a home made substance from random shit.
Actually tracking that down would be like searching for a needle in a hay stack.
In ASM, he was BUYING his web fluid from oscorp, while interning for them, ontop of them already watching him because he's the child of a rogue scientist.

Not to mention he has sticky hands so there's no way he'll slip and die

Was that before or after the part where Peter pours boiling grease on the small jewish girl in the restaurant with MJ? I always forget the continuity of these scenes...

One thing I've noticed in the movies is that his wrists are always perfectly straight when snikting.

>then all anyone has to do is collect a sample and figure out what its made from
>Then find out whos been buying/stealing/interacting with those materials.
The web fluid is a chemical compound Peter himself is supposed to be able to synthesize from other chemicals. There's nothing about that that should be able to be traced back.
>Hmm it appears to be an organic molecule, so I just have to find out who is buying supplies of compounds with hydrogen, oxygen, and carbon. That should narrow it down!

You're right. I've often thought the same thing; if he were to be genetically mutated I'd more expect webshooters to appear on is back or dick than on his wrists.... not to mention how oddly of a specific mutation that would be in the first place, it's too deliberate.

organic till the inevitable man spider arc, peter loses organic after he gets cured and starts using mechanical

Is this some sort of meme thread?

Movies follow the same logic.
Yes

Attached: EkV5q.gif (500x213, 485K)

If you were so sick of it, you should've never participated. Organic is better.

>Organic is better.
I don't know user, lately I've been thinking your mom is making a pretty good case for me to switch to Real Dolls.

Faggot

Fun fact: it's canon that webslinging without super-strength fucking annihilates your wrists. Try again, fag.

this is better

That's like saying Batman is shit because he doesn't have Bat powers

If a version of batman came out and had bat powers and became the most acclaimed batman film ever, people would say that

no because it still be in his ass