Tell me how a company can fuck over animators that hard and still get retards wanting to work for it

Tell me how a company can fuck over animators that hard and still get retards wanting to work for it.
>Chalkzone: delay it for 3 years after its pilot aires and dump it on Nicktoons
>MLAATR: Push the crew, still give it just 39 episodes, three-year gap between season 2 and 3 and burn it off on Nicktoons
>Catscratch: Cancel it because it isn't as successful as Spongebob
>El Tigre: Cancel it because it isn't as successful as Spongebob
>Harvey Beaks: Cancelling the show and dumping it on Nicktoons without telling the creator

And don't forget dropping the ball on EEnE and Adventure Time (twice).

Attached: nickelodeon-d84aae62e4dfb9dcb60d68cd00dbf53e.png (1200x1200, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WD59bz29Z2c)
youtube.com/watch?v=XpXPcnKWztU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Adventure Time (twice)
Elaborate on the second time

The AT pilot was part of Random! Cartoons, Nick's successor of Oh Yeah! Cartoons. It was highly successful and garnered a big internet fanbase for just a pilot at that time. Ward pitched AT twice to Nick, and twice they said no - they thought it was too weird.

Don't forget Invader Zim.
>Hire jhonen vasquez despite his previous work being very obvious about what kind of material he does
>Stick his crew in a tiny-ass back room in the studio
>Get mad at how edgy the show is and constantly fuck with the schedule so nobody can watch it
>Get mad at how expensive the show is to make despite how the merch prints money
>Finally stick it smack dab between Butt-Ugly Martians and Super Duper Sumos so it can die

Nick is the worst.

Attached: C4640A9D-913C-4ACF-AB94-B9B6A3D8FD14.jpg (400x371, 49K)

Shit, how could I forget Zim. But even SpongeBob got some shit from it.
>Hillenburg creates a fantastic show
>Wants to end it at 3 seasons and a movie, no more seasons or spin-offs
>Nick doesn't give a shit and renews the show, even though Hillenburg's wishes
>Hillenburg leaves, show goes downhill
>Hillenburg returns, brings the show back up a bit
>Gets ALS and dies (R.I.P.)
>Nick announces a Spongebob spin-off after his death, even though Hillenburg's wishes

The network has no respect for the creative's wishes - dead or alive.

Attached: I've Had It!.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Why haven't they gone full live-action yet?

Is there any company that doesn't treat animators like shit?

it's harder to sell merch with some literally who on a backpack, rather than say the characters of paw patrol, invader zim or spongebob.

Desperation and Spongebob.
They’ve certainly tried, but Dan “The Feet Provider” Schneider’s controversies have caught up to him.
Not really, but Nick is somehow worse than most. I guess Spongebob getting billions in revenue didn’t really help with that.

There have been instances when other companies like Disney and CN treated their animators like shit, but Nick is on a new level.

I still can't believe some of the pilots these past years still haven't been picked up due to Nick's SpongeBob obsession....

i'm still upset that the series has become a shambling corpse

SpongeBob needs to die for Nick to live. It's killing the channel.

Forgot the current situation, OP:
>revive Legends of the Hidden Temple, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, and Invader Zim as a hackneyed attempt to ride off 90's nostalgia
>air specials for the first two on tv, then hold on to the other specials when the first two were ratings bombs
>spend years trying to develop Pinky Malinky only to throw it to Netflix
>announce movie specials for The Loud House and Rise of the TMNT, then turn them into Netflix projects
>spend years developing Glitch Techs for tv, only to leave its future up in the air

I'm sure Netflix is happy to be able to snap up ready-made content for peanuts at least.

Most of Nick's shows sucked anyway. Just because their new shit is abysmal, doesn't mean that their predecessors were ever good to begin with.

Don't forget their most recent blunder
Cancelling Glitch Techs before it even premiered

Attached: EBQF8VyWsAIoJMy.jpg (577x314, 33K)

Surprised nobody mentioned their worst crime yet
>offer an indie animator to adapt her web-series into a full TV show
>toss it straight onto Nicktoons with no advertising or re-runs, and cancel it after only one season
>cause the creator to loose the rights to her own creation

Attached: 81eJorHvS0L._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 436K)

From what I've heard, they weren't so mad about the edgy content as they were annoyed at Jhonen being a temperamental dick who insisted on butting heads.

Their scheduling was fucked up though, that's for sure.

They buried that poor show so hard too. Most of their other mistreated shows got a good following at least, but Making Fiends really didn't have a chance despite having such charm and personality, easy-to-merchandise characters, etc.

Animation industry is competitive and any chump will take what they can get. That's why.

It's pretty much like the game industry minus the massive nepotism.

Fuck, I'm mad again.

>animation industry
>no massive nepotism
lmao

Would the American TV animation scene be healthier if the American comics scene was healthier, and existed as a place where talented artists could go as a Plan B?

Right now the alternative is becoming a cog in the massive nightmare machine that is asset generation for video games or blockbuster movies which... sheeeit

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (800x326, 53K)

get in the van Dan's shitty live action cartoonish sitcom thingies are a lot cheaper than animation and braindead borgers watch them relilgiously.

>they thought it was too weird
When Nick was known for shows like Invader Zim, Ren and Stimpy.

They've always tried to wash themselves clean of those shows, unless it's convenient for them when they're not being the Rugrats/Spongebob network.

I guess it's hard to get your own show on television, especially if you're a literally who.
Personally I wouldn't give Nickelodeon shit even if they offered millions for it.

I remember Seasons 4 and 5 being tolerable

all my nieces and nephews love them and I ask them why, they can never give me an answer. I have never seen them laugh at these shows once

Nickelodeon is more willing to shell out money for shows that need it
That's why TMNT and from what Glitch Tech we have seen they have good animation needed for a western action show and a more diverse art style across each cartoon so it looks more pleasant in the animators eye's

That's it
After that the cartoon gets immediately dumped

I was a huge fan of the web-series as a child. I had both of the dvd's and a shirt or two. When I heard there was a nick show I freaked out and watched nick all the fucking time to try and catch it. Because of the horrid scheduling I never saw the show as a kid. I fucking hate nick so much good god.

>they thought it was too weird.
>greenlights Fanboy and Chum Chum
Then again this is the same network that said they did not want to be the network "known for farts" despite that most of their shows contain toilet humor.

Fuck i was one of the lucky bastards who were able to catch a glimps of this show despite the shitty scedualing, i loved the shit out of it i was super dissapointed to just not be able to find it anywhere.
How is the original creator doing now?

Kids choice awards and a few fegs

Nicktoons had reran the show as late as 2015-2016
Nicktoons actually advertised the show back in 2008 when it premiered

Last I checked she's working on bojak horseman.

>spend years developing Glitch Techs for tv, only to leave its future up in the air

Attached: what_were_they_thinking.jpg (630x420, 58K)

No user, I remember

Attached: crychael_jordan.jpg (1100x1100, 50K)

>fuck over animators that hard and still get retards wanting to work for it
Animators are probably just as enamored with the idea of making the next Spongebob or Fairly Oddparents as Nickelodeon is.
Disney shows are hard capped at 4 seasons (even Phineas and Ferb ended at 4, although their seasons were long). CN pays less and has a smaller budget, at least until recently. For an animator who dreams of becoming a multimillionaire after one show, Nick can still seem very attractive.

That said, the problem with Nick is that it has very poor judgement, and cannot spot new trends or take creative risks. According to one animator anecdote at the time of Hillenberg's passing, Nick didn't even expect Spongebob to do well and bet heavily on CatDog instead.

I wanna make a show for Nick only because i feel like i can help them

>Rugrats
>Rocko’s Modern Life
>Hey Arnold!
>The Wild Thornberrys
>The Fairly OddParents!
>Invader ZIM
>The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
>My Life as a Teenage Robot
>Danny Phantom
>Avatar: The Last Airbender
>Catscratch
>El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
>The Mighty B!
Imagine genuinely thinking that Nick’s toons have always sucked.

user, there's a reason why Nick used to be actual competition against classic Cartoon Network and Disney Channel. It's only in this past decade that it started becoming a joke.

Attached: Cranston.jpg (500x500, 47K)

>Calling Nick between the early 90s to mid 2000s shit
Just because they mistreat their staff, doesn't mean it was shit, retard.

I get angrier and angrier everytime I'm reminded of this
fuck nickelodeon and fuck the idiots who run it

Attached: 1544599883866.gif (405x414, 181K)

>CN pays less and has a smaller budget
Maybe that's why I have that ECW feel with the network.

is there a MEGA for this?

Have they ever told us when rise of the TMNT is coming back?

>Season 2 confirmed before the show even premiered
>No other mentioning since 2018
Better hope for the 2020s, kid.

Attached: 19e5ss.jpg (400x400, 15K)

They kept confirming new seasons for 2012 TMNT too, I'm guessing doing that didn't pay off this time.

My whole middle school class bonded over this show. EVERYONE. We were hyped for it and then, nothing.

I actually liked those seasons.

Why are people still believing this shit? You can literally check the creators' social media and see that this show will air next year.

>stick it between cartoons they don't even make so it can die
>a show dies when this happens in the USA
>meanwhile everywhere outside the USA the show lasts for years and airs like every episode at least more than once.

She should just write Making Fiends fanfiction and dare Nick to sue her.

It was a combination of things. The show's budget was fairly high for the ratings it was pulling in among the 6-11 demographic. It was doing better among the 9-14 demographic, but that wasn't Nick's target audience. In fact, the show was only greenlit in the first place for a block of animation aimed at the 9-14 demographic that ultimately never happened. So when Viacom's stock went down and corners had to be cut, they went for Zim.

on Netflix

they probably bailed when they saw it wasn't enough like Fanboy & Chum Chum

>Nick used to be actual competition against classic Cartoon Network and Disney Channel
it still has better ratings than both of them
once and for all proving that normies have garbage taste

reminder that Cyma Zarighami said that "action cartoons turn children into terrorists" despite actually airing action cartoons
Thank god Viacom outside the USA didn't have to deal with her

Only Hey Arnold! was okay-ish and Avatar is animoo, the rest are mediocre at best.
Not giving them A-list celebrity paychecks is not the same thing as ""mistreating"" them and even if they were, it doesn't change the fact that their shows were mediocre at best, retard.

>it still has better ratings than both Cartoon Network and Disney Channel
Kek, as if TV ratings matter anymore.

The only reason Nick is winning in that department is because it's the only one that still commits to having actual TV premieres rather than depending on an app. Also, because SpongeBob is like a more powerful Teen Titans Go! for them

Attached: Slumber Party.png (618x826, 385K)

Extreme Championship Wrestling?

It's a shame he's a degenerate pervert, he made some great shows.

Opps. I messed up on that but u know damn well what I meant

the cheaper alternative to WCW

Ohhh, okay.

Attached: 993F0E8E-B637-4BF7-AA90-2952F70E2A9D.jpg (210x240, 15K)

oh hey its Minecraft Steve

the bigheads at nick are dancing on Stephen's grave because he gave them a goldmine. Spongebob prints money so why should they give a fuck

Attached: 1532654805620.jpg (600x552, 196K)

>the bigheads at nick
But joke aside, it is sad to see how little care Nick has for Hillenburg’s wishes. This shit’s been going on since more episodes were picked up after the movie that was intended as the series finale.

Attached: 6B229F74-5047-485E-BC86-6157864C389B.gif (500x371, 487K)

>Dan “The Feet Provider” Schneider’s controversies have caught up to him.

have they? ive barely seen any exposures or drama or controversy surrounding him at all, seems like hes still going strong

it's not like Viacom International Media Networks (the non-US distribution company that handles Nickelodeon's shows) has it's own flaws
>not distributing O'Grady (a show they own) to any of the international Nickelodeon channels (it did air on MTV in Latin America and it aired in Canada and I think the UK and Australia)
>waiting until the beginning of 2005 to distribute The Fairly OddParents while leaving any FOP episode finished in production prior to 2005 (outside of the first of the 3 JN crossovers which is a TAOJN:BG episode) to Nelvana resulting in barely any non-USA TV channel getting all of the episodes of FOP under one roof
>not even bothering to distribute Taina themselves and leaving it to Nelvana (then again there wasn't that many international Nickelodeon feeds at the time Taina debuted)
>excising the Lava segments of Kablam! from international releases (justified because they only had broadcast rights and just why did Nickelodeon have to master secondhand distributed show prints onto their own productions, unfortunately these shorts are pretty comfy)
>wiping the original version of the SpongeBob episode "Just One Bite" from the international releases after less than a year after only Canada, Bulgaria, Korea, Australia, Latin America, and Serbia got it resulting in international countries getting the edited version like it was the original (yet Invader Zim when "Door to Door" and "Walk for Your Lives" were edited, international countries still got the original versions (yes, really! youtube.com/watch?v=WD59bz29Z2c)
>not even bothering to distribute Making Fiends' M&E (music and effects) version resulting in the closest thing the show got to a non-English version being Dutch subtites
>lazily copying and pasting the Fairly OddParents intro title card from the episodes "Mooving Day/Big Wanda" which they added a Nickelodeon logo to onto every Fairly OddParents episode from the aforementioned pair to "Manic Mom-Day/Crocker of Gold"

continued
>except for the Wishology trilogy
>Letting a few of Ren and Stimpy's rerun cuts like that lost short go to the international releases (IIRC) (I don't even know if Man's Best Friend ever got internationally exported)

>even though Hillenburg's wishes
Did he or his family make a Zemeckis or Williams-like "no more IP tampering" agreement or something? If they did, there would be a set boundary where Nick or Viacom wouldn't dare cross and risk a lawsuit + bad publicity among other things...unless, I don't get copyright things right (heh) and am pulling stuff out of my ass.

He had a "what not to do" list, but i dont think that was ever in an official contract

I wonder if things will change when the CBS-Viacom merger goes on as planned - what if they decide to move everything theirs to their own to-stream library as most networks do...

I wonder if things will change when the CBS-Viacom merger goes on as planned - what if they decide to move everything theirs to their own to-stream library as all the networks are doing...

>not even exporting the Ren and Stimpy Show episode "Man's Best Friend" after banning it in the USA even though I can think of a few countries that couldn't give 2 shits about the content in that episode.

I remembered it was a slow day when it aired. My cousins thought it was an adult cartoon but we laughed our ass off. We watched all the runs together....

Attached: 7EE5C9A4-CDA5-40AC-A92D-C476CC409C18.jpg (500x267, 18K)

like just look at "Minnie Takes Care of Pluto" from Mickey Mouse Works airing in Poland uncut

It should be illegal for somebody to get into legal trouble for trying to do anything with an IP they created when the one in possession of the rights has no plans to do anything with it whatsoever after showing disregard towards it at the very inception.

You must be 18yo to use Yea Forums.

This.

Honestly, all creators should be the inherant owners of the ip's they created, being forced to sell them off to make a living should not be a thing.

If only I had the power to, I would do this to them. but who am I kidding, It's a pipe dream. Let's just pretend the building in the gif. is Viacom/Nick.

Attached: source.gif (320x180, 2.47M)

I dunno how nick is still alive despite fucking up hard a lot of times

because they still own some of the most recognizable kids franchises and if anything there at least good at milking the fuck out of it when there not going full retard.

That's why I respect Danny Antonucci. The motherfucker made it clear to both Nick and CN that he wanted to keep the IP and creative control or they could fuck off.

I don't think they had ChalkZone available for international distribution until like 2001 at the earliest judging by how the Nickelodeon speech bubble here (and it's animation of it popping in) looks very early 2000's

goes to show how fucking retarded Nickelodeon is

Attached: ChalkZone international masters.jpg (1366x768, 159K)

Nickelodeon is for normie animators

Viacom's international unit can stay. They're nicer. Or they can get all their assets picked up by Corus or Nelvana

Nicktoons aired this show as late as 2016
are you drunk?

and now pilots aren't getting picked up thanks to their obsession with reboots

a lot more got screwed by Nickelodeon than just those
ChalkZone already was delayed for like 2 years (2000 until 2002) after the pilot aired in December 1999 and the international masters judging by the composite around that Nickelodeon logo in the intro date back to late 2000-early 2001 at the earliest, got aired out of order, eventually got a few episodes aired without promotion years after finishing production and airing in some countries
My Life as a Teenage Robot got it's crew milked, the show aired out of order, a 3 year gap between Seasons 2 and 3 after Season 3 finished in 2005 and Germany had aired Season 3 in 2006-2007, waiting until 2003 to premiere the series after the first episodes were finished in 2002, and letting Nicktoons and Nickelodeon generously air every episode of Season 3 but the last one
Catscratch: Cancelled because it wasn't as successful as SpongeBob, didn't even get 26 episodes, standard for animated series seasons outside the USA now, aired slightly out of order IIRC, 1 episode aired in 2007 even though last episodes were finished in 2006 and the whole series was aired in Germany in 2006
El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera: aired out of order IIRC, cancelled because it wasn't as successful as SpongeBob, last few episodes aired on Nicktoons
Harvey Beaks: cancelled, finished in production in mid-2017, cancelled and dumped onto Nicktoons without the creator being told, Russia got the last episodes before the USA
Tak and the Power of Juju: aired out of order, last episodes finished in 2008, one episode aired in 2009 without promotion on Nickelodeon
The Mighty B!: aired out of order severely, cancelled in late 2009 and finished production in early 2010, entire series had finished airing in certain international countries by late 2010, dumped onto Nicktoons in late 2010 where the last episodes aired

Nick's gonna have atleast one reboot for a 2000 show, knowing them.

continued
Hey Arnold!: aired out of order, had a 1998 Season 3 episode air in Season 5 after it had aired in the UK in 1998, out of order to the point Benelux finished airing the series as early as October 2002, a TV movie and theatrical movie got switched in roles resulting in the theatrical movie getting screwed to a standalone TV movie in 2017 that got all it's reruns pulled on Nickelodeon USA due to low ratings on premiere
As Told By Ginger: aired out of order, some episodes not aired for years in the USA, some aired on Nicktoons, some episodes still not aired in the USA to this day,
All Grown Up!: aired out of order, last episodes aired in 2008 without promotion years after they finished production in 2005-2006 and international countries had finished the run
Back at the Barnyard: aired out of order, dumped onto Nicktoons in 2011 after Latin America and several countries finished airing the show in 2010 when the show finished production
Danny Phantom: aired out of order, stretched severely resulting in countries getting it before the USA (nothing wrong with international countries getting it but it's a severe problem for the native country)

O'Grady: barely exported and when it was exported, it wasn't on a Nickelodeon channel (MTV Latin America got it though). It's a Viacom show all thanks to it being a The N original
The X's: aired out of order to death, one episode not even aired in the USA to this day
Rocket Power: aired out of order, 2003 stamped episodes waited until like 2004 to air
CatDog: aired out of order, 2 episodes STILL not aired in the USA to this day, several episodes stamped 2001 waited until 2005 to air in the USA even after international countries got them along with the unaired 2 as early as 2002
Fanboy and Chum Chum: aired out of order to hell and back, 1 episode early in Season 2 aired on Nicktoons in 2014 stamped 2011 aired in Poland in late 2011, lots of episodes aired in the USA in late 2012 despite being voted to air in 2011 in a promo and losing to other episodes (an absolutely horrible idea)

and by "The N Original" I mean Soup2Nuts died in 2015
The Angry Beavers: aired out of order, one episode got unnecessarily censored at the end in reruns because of "shut up" even though Ed, Edd n' Eddy got away with it several times (then again Norbert or Daggett (I forgot who said shut up and I forgot what episode had shut up) probably had shut up sound more like "shit up" knowing the fancy accents the 2 (especially Norbert) used at times), some episodes aired on Nicktoons in 2006 stamped 2000 or 2001 even after airing outside of the USA years before, one episode aired in 2003 stamped 2000-2001

Robot and Monster: aired out of order, delayed until like mid-2012 after originally planned to premiere in late 2011 with all the episodes copyrighted 2012 and the last episodes finished in June 2012 and all ready for export
The Adventures of Kid Danger: cancelled after 10 episodes, a record breaking new short run for a Nicktoon

their history with the Ren and Stimpy Show? don't even get me started
one episode getting so banned to the point that it wasn't internationally exported (Man's Best Friend) is all you need to know

>mfw Nick is too busy pimping out Spongebob’s corpse, Jojo Siwa and a Dan Schneider-free All That reboot

Attached: 1563625325859.gif (640x322, 2.45M)

Jesus tap dancing Christ, I KNEW THIS WASN'T A FEVER DREAM! I saw it at like 4 fucking a.m on a school day due to insomnia, HOW THE HELL WAS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO EVER SEE THIS!?

this

everyone makes it seem like he is going to jail forever or some shit and for YEARS now, no one has brought this up..................

huh
is it because he isn't some top tier bigwig that no one gives a fuck?

I watched this all the time as a kid. I'm pretty sure I managed to catch all the episodes, which makes me wonder what timezone my cable was in when everyone else says it was impossible to watch.

>That mangled "English"

Attached: 1548467434756.jpg (640x853, 60K)

sause

>despite how the merch prints money
That wasn't until long after the show got cancelled and constantly going over-budget to the point where your episodes cost $1 mil per is a reasonable thing for studio heads to get pissed off at.

sauce

Not sure what you mean.
Nickelodeon will always be a pillar of the community.

its-not-its.info

They caught lightning in a bottle in the 90s and just went from there. That ball-dropping and fizzling out from 2001/02 onwards correlates perfectly with the decline of the WWE.

also sauce

fuckyou.org

Attached: 02AB562C-E278-4458-9644-D6C82922DAD9.gif (143x131, 941K)

apparently while Nickelodeon the Channel is godawful, Nickeodeon Animation Studios is one of the better places to work at

I was in the target demographic to watch it when they put it out to die. Despite how it was mistreated, I still remember it. Nick legit shit the bed if they let this die, because I still remember seeing it as a kid after all these years

Why can't you fucking organize your text better, its hard to read this shit

Fuck... I still hold hope that a miracle happens and we can get this show back. I found out about the webseries recently and binge watched it, but I seriously loved the cartoon and wanted more. Bringing it back is the only thing that will make me regain faith in Nick, or at least returning the rights to the creator. Honestly I always wanted to know more about Vendetta's backstory, why is she so evil and where did she learn to make fiends.

Those digits

The CBS-Viacom merger has been announced and will be called ViacomCBS. I'd say they would pull their stuff from Netflix by the end of 2020.

>Fuck, I'm mad again.

youtube.com/watch?v=XpXPcnKWztU

I will never not be mad about this shit. Constant Payne is up there, though.

Attached: 1550686673465.png (826x616, 44K)

Teen actors age. You can only milk an iCarly or a Henry Danger for so long until the actors get too old and unmarketable.

Now that you mention it,

I wonder how long audiences would have followed iCarly if it wasn’t cancelled?

long after it was canceled

nazi Poil best Poil.
too bad WW2 didn't happen in SU

Attached: human wars.png (746x2464, 655K)

because some comments were close to the 2000 character limit

It'd be great if there was some kind of "use it or lose it" contract clause (or hell, even a law). Something that says if the network buys a creator's IP, they have to pay the creator a fee every year they own it, and if they don't make something new with for X number of years then the rights return to the original creator. I think there's something similar to that with Sony and Fox's Marvel movie rights.

>Nick thought it was too weird
>After airing their biggest hit shows Spongebob, Ren and Stimpy, Fairly Oddparents, Catdog, Rocko's Modern Life, AAAH Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, and fucking Invader Zim
First time I'm using this insult.
Fucking Brainlets

Attached: 1459738749120.jpg (444x322, 21K)

>Hire jhonen vasquez despite his previous work being very obvious about what kind of material he does
I forgot where I read this, maybe it was commentary on the DVD, but when Nick brought Jhonen in no one in upper management was aware of the content of his past work, they just knew he had a successful comic.

Nick had to pay him to retire. He's not going to jail because he has something on everyone. Epstein was killed to protect Dan.

>unironic Epstein conspiracy theorist

Nah.

What the fuck is Clinton money doing on Yea Forums?

WITNESSED

what do you mean by Clinton money again?
I'm a bit confused

>Spongebob
Only gets weird when you think about the premise (anthropomorphic sea creatures living in an irradiated atoll in the Pacific Ocean)

>Fairly Oddparents
I think bad writing can demystify most of the weirdness of this one.

>AAAH Real Monsters
Klasky-Csupo used to be their golden goose before Spongebob became more popular.

>Angry Beavers
Compared to Rocko, Beavers felt more grounded in reality.

>Invader Zim
Like said, Nick didn't seem aware of who he actually was until it was too late.

As for the other shows, yeah, they have no excuse for not picking up AT.

And as a sidenote to the thread, don't forget they also passed on Phineas and Ferb for "being too complex".

yet they've fucking had Fairly OddParents which had Status Quo is God somewhat like Phineas and Ferb

It was just a show about kids playing around in their neighborhood, it was not a creative tour de force, and as an IP, it is quite literally worthless.

>longest running show on CN
>extremely likable and recognizable characters that are still liked to this day
>the IP is quite literally worthless

Attached: sir_pooh_count_of_centacres.jpg (317x284, 24K)

Nickelodeon is a sewer when it comes to cartoon aesthetics. Animators know they can be as lazy and atrocious as they want without hurting their chances of getting a show.

To be fair, the Eds long run can be somewhat attributed to how insanely long production on episodes were. You think modern cartoons have it bad with hiatuses? Eds had awful hiatuses after season 1 finished airing.

Thinking about this, what about that old Edgar & Ellen show? Anything on that?

Containing something doesn’t automatically make you known for that thing.