Idris Elba Wants To Play Heimdall Again

>"Listen, Heimdall is essentially part of the god family," he teased. "So you know, he essentially could be alive. I’m just saying! I’m just putting it out there! The Heimdall character goes way back into, you know, the Thor mythology…And I’m sure there will be an interesting way to bring that alive. Of course I would. Yes."

comicbookmovie.com/thor/hobbs-shaw-star-idris-elba-is-interested-in-returning-to-the-thor-franchise-as-heimdall-a169993

Might as well. They already brought back Loki, Gamora and Vision one way or another.

Attached: Heimdall.png (628x488, 593K)

This hypocritical fuck said he wanted out of Thor! That's why they killed him off

but everyone kept telling me how much Idris Elba hated playing Heimdall?

Attached: eyelids.gif (414x442, 2.32M)

They could cast him in Loki and have Loki bring him from the past to the Love and Thunder timeline. He and Heimdall are the best of friends in norse mythology, after all!

To be fair, they had to put up with the rerardation of the Thor 1 and 2 movies. Apparently Taika Waititi is a lot more fun to work with.

Remember, Hemsworth and Portman were done, too.

>idris hated the role
He just thought it was downgrade from playing Mandela. Plus it was probably more about money than anything.

Look lets cut the bullshit; Portman and Elba are only back for an easy paycheck. Also fuck Chris for all the demands he made for the scripts, the lazy fuck

>Suicide Squad 2 hasn't even started filming and he already wants to jump ship

It'd be cool if he had a cameo in Eternals

I thought he was Black Superman.

Idris Elba: The Quest for More Money

>Might as well. They already brought back Loki, Gamora and Vision one way or another.

no, because it would cheapen the death

Playing Heimdall in Thor 1 was most likely a boring role. Playing Heimdall in Ragnarok was most likely enjoyable.

Plus it's an easy and fat paycheck.

Why is an actor saying they want more work considered newsworthy?

Just have him play Blue Marvel.

Portsman was DEFINITELY out.

If a version of Loki is running around with the space stone, Heimdall is arguably the single best person to have on the case to track him down, considering that Heimdall can see pretty much anywhere in the universe and if the Bifrost is working send people there.

Heimdall is one of the few people that Loki can't just teleport away from and escape.

Easy solution too. Heimdall hardly changes across the movies so he doesn't even lose much characterization (and Loki could save him right before he dies if he wanted).

>This hypocritical fuck said he wanted out of Thor!

No, he didn't.

or they just give us the long-awaited Odin trilogy where we get to watch him unite the 9 realms into one absolute unit.

Idris Elba is the only nigger that doesn't stink up the movies he's in, so bring back this based nigger to play the whitest of the Norse Gods.

>gibs me more paychecks
He was terribly cast as a Norse god in the first place. Also they're already bringing Loki back, let's not make death quite as meaningless in the MCU as in comics.

Portman was already out after Thor2 and was nowhere to be seen in Thor3. She is only back because the MCU is popular and her movie career is basically dead.

desu if the Russos can just roll back on every development from Ragnarok, I don't see any reason why Waititi can't do the same thing to their movies.

I honestly hope he does just to spit the Russos. They are honestly nothing but hacks.

Considering how they intend on keeping the MCU going for as long as possible, it shouldn't be a surprise when they reach a point where characters die, and get revived later, in similar fashion to comics.

>whitest of the Norse gods

I am not sure how any of the Norse Gods could be more or less white. I mean unless you feel Freya and the Vanir were basically divine niggers of Nordic myth.

So Hobbs and Shaw isn't doing as great as he expected it huh.

"Heimdall, Old Norse Heimdallr, in Norse mythology, the watchman of the gods. Called the shining god and whitest skinned of the gods, Heimdall dwelt at the entry to Asgard, where he guarded Bifrost, the rainbow bridge.".

Shaw is a whole bunch of bs anyway. Them attempting to push him is just hilarious. Them forgiving him for being responsible for the death of 1 friend and indirectly responsbible for the death of another friend is just ridiculous. That and the attempt to go from a racing movie to a superhero movie.

> Vision is coming back as Chthon's Trojan synnthezoid. Whether he can be extracated from that problem is the question.

> Alt Gamora likely takes a different path and Quill has to accept the woman he loved is gone. GotG3 = Mother, GotG2 = Father,GotG3 = Lover.

he got cucked in real life lol

>be black British man
>play a white Viking
>die in cinema
>invoke Norse Mythology to possibly get job back and get more sweet Marvelbucks

Well, this is a different Jane from the one in Thor 1 and 2.

Despite all the bleating from certain quarters, it might actually be interesting, he'll, if they include the cancer stuff, it might actually have emotional weight.

How?

his wife had a baby that wasn't his, he found out, got divorced, still has to pay alimony and did a bunch of direct to video shit that no one talks about

Lmfaooo no way

I didnt think anyone but rdj got big money in marvel movies. I remember reading that the guy who played kgbeast in batman vs superman made more money in his first royalty check then the the entire cast of guardians of the galaxy

That's what I'm saying. She was done with Thor but now shes bback for Watiti