Who's excited about the Shang-Chi movie?

Who's excited about the Shang-Chi movie?

It's cool he's getting the recognition he deserves. Hopeful this will make Marvel greenlight a new run.

Not looking forward to all the fake stans that said they always loved him, especially if they spent all their time bashing on Danny.

Attached: simu_liu_and_shang_chi_-_getty_-_h_-_2019.jpg (768x433, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9Blwfh4YPas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Who's excited about the Shang-Chi movie?
>Shang-Chi
Meh
>The mandarin
Heyyyy !!!!!
I hope he actually get the 10 rings of power this time

>>Shang-Chi
>Meh

why? His original Master of Kung Fu run was kino. Some really good artwork in there.

I'm excited, though I would've preferred Shang-Chi on Netflix and Iron Fist in the movies. Shang's stories are more grounded and would've fit that whole side better, but at least Jeph Loeb and Marvel TV don't have the ability to rape his character badly.

Hope they don't turn him into a superpowered character in the movies though. Chi blasts are fine at most.

I don't know anything about Shang-Chi, but I love kung th movies and mystical martial arts shit so I'm excited

Pray for an Iron Fist reboot that gets it right, this time.

>Iron-Fist the PREMIER Kung-Fu hero got shitty tv show with 0 studio support and no CGI dragon that got canned after 2 seasons and not a movie

>Shang-Chi a nobody literal c lister gets a big budget movie just for being asian alone where Mandarin Tony Starks arch nemesis is the villain a villIain he never really met and will probably just be made his dad

Will be hilarious if they miscast Iron Fist again.

Attached: clones reaction to clone saga.png (1000x600, 207K)

>Who's excited about the Shang-Chi movie?
I'm not.
I'm not really excited about any of the Phase 4 stuff. It seems like it's just going to be a filler phase.

>Shang-Chi a nobody literal c lister gets a big budget movie just for being Chinese alone
They really want the Chinese market.

I play a monk in WoW, so this movie is made for me

Then get the fuck out of my thread

pls be kidding

I am not excited in the slightest. I might watch Dr. Strange, but that's the only thing worth half a damn from what they've shown so far.

Chink here. Gave no fucks about Shang Chi before. WIll give the movie a fair shot. If it's at least hong kong cinema good, I'll be satisfied.

The whole "Make iron fist asian" was fucking retarded. The REAL insult was picking a guy who coudn't throw or take a punch, and couldn't act for that matter.

Yes but do you make them magical or alien tech?

It's gotta play in china. Make it plausibly alien because of the ban on kung fu wizardry.

The only way to make this badass is to focus on Shang chi vs mandarin and also have Fu Manchu and Fin Fang Foom in it behind the scenes. Also if they cast Cary Tagawa at Fu Manchu. Also if they tie in Iron fist somehow and in the end they both move to New York. Or Shang stays in China with Iron Fist and they train. It could really be a great movie as marvel (and Disney) see that shilling towards the Asians will be a huge market to tap into. They’ll have to tone down the sjw shit because that doesn’t sell.

Wasn’t it always alien tech?

People are too turned off by the whole Fu Manchu thing.

Rumoured concept art is Shang throwing a fireball at a dragon.

If true, bye-bye badass normal.

Shang is their premier martial artist, despite Danny's usage. Remember Shang's original run latest shy of 10 years, Danny's struggled at 15 issues.

You're not OP.

>People are too turned off by the whole Fu Manchu thing.
Yeah played by a white guy, but what about Cary Tagawa with the stache

FIN FANG FOOM ART WHEN

Why do people keep bringing this up as if that's all that happened?

Then Danny went on to much greater prominence in the early 2000s.

I'm planning on picking up the MoKF run soon. It's nice that they reprinted all of that.

>Also if they cast Cary Tagawa at Fu Manchu.

Tony Leung was already cast

So his power is he knows kung fu?

I feel for Finn Jones, I really do. Scott Buck and Jeff Loeb screw up the character and align the Iron Fist with The Hand for The Defenders. And, because they needed to lock down a schedule the actor cast had no time to gain maximum twunk muscle or learn kung-fu. Poor cunt had just 10 fucking minutes before the scenes. It would have helped if like Daredevil they gave him as freaking costume. But, NOOO!

I'm not gonna blame Jones for Loeb and Buck's mistakes, though. Danny was never fit for Netflix. If it wasn't him, it would have been another actor settled with this baggage.

Damn. Oh well good casting, he needs the stache, it will single handedly bring it back

Honestly there’s no way to make his costume cool, they would fuck it up royally

Why is everyone and their mom tryna attach all thing Iron Fist to Shang?

Is this resistual AAIRONFIST?

What’s the best Shang Chi to read and get into, I read MAX already

All because he's attached to Luke and makes up a core team of Marvel's streetlevel verse. While Shang-Chi is an international agent, who occasionally teams up with The Avengers and Heroes for Hire.

They made it work in Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 2. Just make him look more like a monk, minus the armour.

Attached: MUA2_Iron_Fist.png (226x374, 75K)

The battle world mini is great and his father is even The Mandarin.

He's The Mandarin.

I heard Chinese Netizens don't like
Shang-Chi that much..

Honestly hope they go full Wuxia with it or at least make it Breaker tier in terms of martial arts.

Attached: 29130.jpg (922x1188, 497K)

I am, I never understood the whole make Iron Fist asian thing that went down around the tv show when Shang Chi was right there and always a better martial artist. Iron Fist has never been the best fighter, I wish people understood that.

Iron fist could be done right and well for the first time. A movie with Iron fist with Shang chi vs mandarin, Fu Manchu and Fin Fang Foom would be legendary

Do you think all ten rings will be his final form or teased for a future movie?

An Asian-American who wanted an Asian-American hero in the MCU read Danny wiki page, jumped to conclusions about him being a 'White Saviour'. Wrote a blog post stating why Danny is horrible and should be Asian. Said post spread through Twitter like wildfire spurned on white journalists wanting to be good allies, non-whites wanting to show 'PoC solidarity' and Asian-Americans pissed about lack of representation.

The guy even said he didn't like Shang, because he's Asian, not American and the fact that he doesn't wear shoes. I'm pretty sure he's all over him now. Like a fucking hypocrite.

Iron Fist fans tried to straighten misconceptions out. But, theres only so much a small fandom for an unknown by casual standards can do.

People didn't wanna listen.

Honestly it’s not hard to make him look cool, it’s just they put him in that gay ass green costume that just almost fits his wrists and ankles making him look like he’s wearing the child’s version

Attached: 8CCBDD33-DE0B-45FD-A016-27844E316EB2.jpg (250x500, 76K)

Danny needs room to breathe on his own with Misty and Colleen as support.

Who’s who?

That sounds really good, any links?

Just read Master of Kung Fu

Attached: Master Of Kung Fu #68 - 07.jpg (990x1454, 522K)

Doesn’t mean he can’t, Shang Chi could birth his universe. It’s not like people are entirely ignorant to who he is.

Attached: Master_of_Kung_Fu_048-18.jpg (904x1358, 607K)

Here's one of my favorite fights
Been really into this series lately and will honestly be kind of disappointed the movie won't have be like the pulp novel MI6 shenanigans like the comic

Attached: Master_of_Kung_Fu_036-03.jpg (906x1354, 422K)

Attached: Master_of_Kung_Fu_036-04.jpg (906x1350, 433K)

Attached: Master_of_Kung_Fu_036-05.jpg (900x1352, 415K)

Attached: Master_of_Kung_Fu_036-06.jpg (899x1385, 378K)

Attached: Master_of_Kung_Fu_036-07.jpg (904x1344, 415K)

Attached: Master_of_Kung_Fu_036-08.jpg (904x1354, 420K)

Who's what? Do you REALLY think Fu Manchu is gonna be in this movie??

Jackie Chan is rumoured for Zheng zu and that's as close as your gonna get.

How would that make sense if he's in K'un-Lun?

They should, why not, all the have to do for fu Manchu is to make him actually Asian and not a stereotype, he’s Chang’s dad

Haven't got any on me, maybe try ReadComicsOnline?

Archtypical Yellow peril, bruh. China is already trashing Shang-Chi based on that. Google it if you don't believe me.

Make K’un-Lun manifest in China or in Asian somewhere hidden like Wakanda is

Fuck the chinks they’ll watch it anyways and if they don’t fuck them people will watch it simply because it says Marvel

>Not looking forward to all the fake stans that said they always loved him
I don't care about people liking him for the movie but yeah the "I always loved Shang-Chi" will be BS since I don't think I've ever seen a hardcore Shang-Chifag, even in Yea Forums. I think the most literally who character that I've seen with a vocal small fandom is Hawkman.

>especially if they spent all their time bashing on Danny.
Netflix show was shit but fuck anyone who shits on my boy Danny.

Yeah that’s where I found Shang MAX

Why doesn't Loeb just fuck back to DC?

Only 1? There are literally dozen of us.

Attached: Shang-Chi_duplicating_himself.png (494x750, 659K)

Misty will forever be a cunt.

Attached: misty the backstabbing cheating slut.jpg (649x587, 221K)

Why do chinks get mad about a chinese guy being villainous?

>Shang-Chi only has 12 fans
Sounds realistic.

yeah, if theyre faggots who don't understand that it was the 1970s

Fuck misty, these hoes ain’t loyal, pump then dump

Screams western imperialism, because the hero is an American estranged from his Chinese culture.

Is this is real Marvel is in a delicate position.
youtu.be/9Blwfh4YPas

What, he was raised by Fu Manchu though. Unless you mean his american mom, but that could be retconned without much issue.

This Chinese dad is evil and he teams up with British M16. The British and Chinese have historical beef.

Yeah so that circles back to chinese guy can't be portrayed as evil for some reason

Reminder that Shang Chi is going to be Canadian not American to cause less problems with the Chinese government.

Pretty sure that's just the actor. I haven't saw a Canadian Shang confirmed anywhere.

Lol there's a reason noone mentions that run.

FUCK SHANG CHINK

>All because he's attached to Luke and makes up a core team of Marvel's streetlevel verse.

?

Iron Fist was also on the New Avengers and had the Immortal Iron Fist run. He lapped Shang-Chi into main player status years ago.

>there’s no way to make his costume cool

not on a TV budget, but I bet the movies could've come up with something

Only thing I've read with him was Hickman's Avengers and thought he was pretty good. What are his best stories or is like Blade, in which he is a cool character without any above average stories

Honestly as long as it’s not the too short sleeves and leggings or that terrible green uniform, the gold shoes suck too. They usually do the same with shangs uniforms. They could make both look great desu.

He's a literally who.

Yeah and shadow clone jitsu/that cool green thing johnny cage does